Total Votes:[ 1105 ]

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
marshmallowcreampie
Jace Quin
Whoa. I had not looked at the prices of the Sashes since late December. I did not really expect that. I'm not sure I see the sense in why they'd go up. Obviously not from normal factors because excluding December they'd all been out of the CS for a long time. I think it's more of a psychological thing. People never cease to fascinate me.

Maybe a lot of people forget to buy them? They're in the CS for a month but they don't get any hype. Then again, the sashes inflated to a higher price than the capelets did. Maybe there's some artificial inflation involved? Then again, AI doesn't usually work for more common items, and it's weird that nearly all the sashes got inflated...

I think there aren't a lot of people that buy them except maybe my devotees (if there are any of those) because such items aren't discussed in any of the guilds I belong to.

It seems unlikely that a AIer would try to AI a dozen items all at once.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Jace Quin

I think there aren't a lot of people that buy them except maybe my devotees (if there are any of those) because such items aren't discussed in any of the guilds I belong to.

Yeah. I think a lot of people are like me and only buy the ones for their birth month, or just a particular color they like, so not too many get bought while they're in the CS. But that's just a guess. Now I really wanna find out, so I can see if the anklets will be profitable...

Anyway, this new RIG is getting a lot of positive feedback. Is that a sign that it will be particularly profitable? I haven't tried much investing (save for seasonal investing) until recently so I haven't kept track of trends on a lot of things.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
marshmallowcreampie
Jace Quin

Yeah. I think a lot of people are like me and only buy the ones for their birth month, or just a particular color they like, so not too many get bought while they're in the CS. But that's just a guess. Now I really wanna find out, so I can see if the anklets will be profitable...

Anyway, this new RIG is getting a lot of positive feedback. Is that a sign that it will be particularly profitable? I haven't tried much investing (save for seasonal investing) until recently so I haven't kept track of trends on a lot of things.

They do have the right factors so I would expect that they would be.

Potentially. Popularity and the way in which it is played as well as the items inside are big factors regarding profitability. But there are always human factors and outside influences (the only influences that affect the economy from the outside rather than inside being of course the decisions made by the Gaia staff). So. But, of course, I'd still wait between two and three weeks before buying.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
What I've always found pretty profitable are event items that take work to get. Like the zOMG! Easter and Halloween recipes. There are always only a few to begin with, so the price does go up, especially on their respective holiday. Whether or not you just buy them or go out of your way to make them yourselves, you're practically guaranteed a profit. I went crazy trying to get everything to make Strawberry Sundae Sweets during the Easter event a few years back because I knew the price would shoot up later on. cat_cool And it did.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
There's risk involved with those, though, because while some haven't been re-released others have been so there's no clear precedent about whether you can expect them to be limited or re-released later on.
Too early to buy radiant galaxy?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Savagery and Eloquence
Too early to buy radiant galaxy?

Yes. Wait about two more weeks.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Updated forecast (clearly meant to do this over the weekend).
This got me into hoarding and I decided to do a pointless hoard.
I hoarded Sopa bars for 1g each lol
they recently went up, and I sold all of them for 1Ok each.
LOL. Easy profit.

Dapper Fatcat

Jace Quin

So fantastic guide... Just wondering for Easter... Would Wonderland be a good item to hoard because of the headeating bunny pose? Or Sweet Lunarians for the bunny ears? Or really any item of the sort? Or would I be wasting gold...?

xo

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
t oo t e d
This got me into hoarding and I decided to do a pointless hoard.
I hoarded Sopa bars for 1g each lol
they recently went up, and I sold all of them for 1Ok each.
LOL. Easy profit.

They went up for black-out day. I do not watch the news at all (I kind of actively avoid it, actually) but if I had been aware of black-out day before it happened I think I would have bought up a bunch of SOPA just to see if anything happened on black-out day.

That is awesome for you, though.

100,000% increase. Minus 2% sales fee if you sold in the MP.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
S h i t w h o r e
Jace Quin

So fantastic guide... Just wondering for Easter... Would Wonderland be a good item to hoard because of the headeating bunny pose? Or Sweet Lunarians for the bunny ears? Or really any item of the sort? Or would I be wasting gold...?

xo

Looking at the graph for last year it looks as though even though there was a huge spike in price around that time it only lasted for a couple of days. It's hard to say whether Sweet Lunarian would go up in price for Easter since it doesn't have a particular historical precedent. Generally though when hoarding for events getting a larger volume of less expensive items is going to net more profit than a smaller volume of more expensive items. It's just a matter of how much you have to invest and how much time you'd need to sell in order to decide how you want to split up what you want to spend for Easter hoarding.

Dapper Fatcat

Jace Quin
S h i t w h o r e
Jace Quin

xo

Looking at the graph for last year it looks as though even though there was a huge spike in price around that time it only lasted for a couple of days. It's hard to say whether Sweet Lunarian would go up in price for Easter since it doesn't have a particular historical precedent. Generally though when hoarding for events getting a larger volume of less expensive items is going to net more profit than a smaller volume of more expensive items. It's just a matter of how much you have to invest and how much time you'd need to sell in order to decide how you want to split up what you want to spend for Easter hoarding.

Right, I just wasn't too sure if it was definitely Easter or just some random thing? Or if it was Easter is it not the best idea to hoard large items for a specific date only... *Insert more silly questions here* But that makes sense... I've got a few mules and plenty of spare time so I guess small items are definitely the way to go!

Thanks<3

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
You're welcome.
Is 600K a safe amount of gold to start hoarding at? I've never done anything close to vending / hoarding before.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff