Welcome to Gaia! ::

How did you get here?

From Gaia Guides & Resources 0.30234136409908 30.2% [ 891 ]
A friend linked me. 0.1184255174754 11.8% [ 349 ]
I searched some key words and found it. 0.10587037665422 10.6% [ 312 ]
Redirection from Teh Hoarding Guild. 0.019002375296912 1.9% [ 56 ]
Redirection from Solution to a Problem. 0.026467594163556 2.6% [ 78 ]
Redirection from The Profiteers Guild. 0.02205632846963 2.2% [ 65 ]
Redirection from The Newbie Support & Training Guild. 0.007465218866644 0.7% [ 22 ]
Marketplace link/banner/other advertisement. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
By stalking Jace. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
I have no idea how I got here. 0.21717000339328 21.7% [ 640 ]
Total Votes:[ 2947 ]

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
ButtMuffin
I need to do this more, I just splurged on some fancy new items and now I'm under 1mil pure o.O

Suzy. ^.^ I haven't talked to you in forever. How are things?

Newbie Smoker

Jace Quin
ButtMuffin
I need to do this more, I just splurged on some fancy new items and now I'm under 1mil pure o.O

I KNOW...
well I've been back in Maine... it's been just over a year. I got a job as a Graphic Designer... full time, benefits, good stuff... going to try to go back to school for digital design and animation... trying to become rich and famous... whats up with you?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin
ButtMuffin

I KNOW...
well I've been back in Maine... it's been just over a year. I got a job as a Graphic Designer... full time, benefits, good stuff... going to try to go back to school for digital design and animation... trying to become rich and famous... whats up with you?

o.o
You're back in Maine? Whereabouts? I live up in Bangor now instead of down on the coast where I lived before.

My life is full of neverending excitement. >.< By which I mean that I've been unemployed for like a week and a half after a brief stint at a job that made me thoroughly miserable (enough so that I was concerned I might actually kill myself) following the closing of the business I worked for previously. Any tips on finding a job that doesn't make me miserable? >.<

Newbie Smoker

Jace Quin
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin
ButtMuffin

I KNOW...

o.o
You're back in Maine? Whereabouts? I live up in Bangor now instead of down on the coast where I lived before.

My life is full of neverending excitement. >.< By which I mean that I've been unemployed for like a week and a half after a brief stint at a job that made me thoroughly miserable (enough so that I was concerned I might actually kill myself) following the closing of the business I worked for previously. Any tips on finding a job that doesn't make me miserable? >.<
Jeeeeeze... I'm living in Wiscasset, working in Bath. I worked at a pet store is Wiscasset for over a year, they treated me like crap and I was very depressed, awful hours terrible people it sucked... I quit and got another job almost immediately. Have confidence, be energetic about it... and Bangor probably has a lot of neat jobs since there's campuses nearby... you have any specific skills? I'll let you know if I hear of any jobs...

I got both of my jobs from craigslist... it always seemed like an unprofessional place to post a job, but whatever it's free and it seems like every company is doing it.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin
ButtMuffin

I KNOW...

o.o

Jeeeeeze... I'm living in Wiscasset, working in Bath. I worked at a pet store is Wiscasset for over a year, they treated me like crap and I was very depressed, awful hours terrible people it sucked... I quit and got another job almost immediately. Have confidence, be energetic about it... and Bangor probably has a lot of neat jobs since there's campuses nearby... you have any specific skills? I'll let you know if I hear of any jobs...

I got both of my jobs from craigslist... it always seemed like an unprofessional place to post a job, but whatever it's free and it seems like every company is doing it.

Damn. We like... switched places. Or, at least I sort of remember you lived up more north before? I used to live down in Boothbay. And if I can't find another job here before I run out of money I suppose I'll be living in Boothbay again. Dunno if Atlantic Edge is hiring down there but if they do I could get a job shoveling bait... for sixteen dollars an hour. Just because I've known Eddie my entire life. If I move down to Boothbay again or I go to visit my parents we could hang out in person.

Yeah, I've applied to a few jobs through there already. I don't have any special skills as in things I have degrees or certificates in but I'm not untalented.

Newbie Smoker

Naw I've lived in this area my whole life... Georgetown, Wiscasset, Woolwich, Bath... 16 bucks!? damn even I'd do that...

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
ButtMuffin
Naw I've lived in this area my whole life... Georgetown, Wiscasset, Woolwich, Bath... 16 bucks!? damn even I'd do that...

Unbelievable that we lived like twenty minutes apart most of our lives and I met you... here. >.<

Yeah. I imagine the smell would make it pretty undesirable but making that much an hour would be almost twice as much as I've ever made for an hourly wage.

Newbie Smoker

Jace Quin
ButtMuffin

Unbelievable that we lived like twenty minutes apart most of our lives and I met you... here. >.<

Yeah. I imagine the smell would make it pretty undesirable but making that much an hour would be almost twice as much as I've ever made for an hourly wage.
haha yea... maybe we have met and just don't know it though...

You'd be surprised at how many people I went to high school with who I discovered were on here... and then subsequently avoided haha...

Wow yea the most I made before the job I have now, is when I worked for Macys as a Visual Associate (floor & window displays... people think I worked in eyewear sweatdrop ) and that was in Pennsylvania for $10.25hr I took $8.50 and hour here for a job at the pet store as a sales associate, after about 9 months when they promoted me to an Associate Manager I was still only making $9.25... but I just started a new job, to start it was $11, it's only been a month and I'm making $12 an hour... and it's something I like...

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin
ButtMuffin

haha yea... maybe we have met and just don't know it though...

You'd be surprised at how many people I went to high school with who I discovered were on here... and then subsequently avoided haha...

Wow yea the most I made before the job I have now, is when I worked for Macys as a Visual Associate (floor & window displays... people think I worked in eyewear sweatdrop ) and that was in Pennsylvania for $10.25hr I took $8.50 and hour here for a job at the pet store as a sales associate, after about 9 months when they promoted me to an Associate Manager I was still only making $9.25... but I just started a new job, to start it was $11, it's only been a month and I'm making $12 an hour... and it's something I like...

So far as I can recall I know zero Susans. And most people remember my name if they've met me because it's weird. If I know anybody who uses/used Gaia they don't own up to it.

The most I've made an hour is 9.00 dollars an hour and that was at my last job that made me miserable. According to my roommate the equivalent job at Sam's was 11.00+ and required less work on many levels. I was evidently very underpaid. >.<

Newbie Smoker

Jace Quin

So far as I can recall I know zero Susans. And most people remember my name if they've met me because it's weird. If I know anybody who uses/used Gaia they don't own up to it.

The most I've made an hour is 9.00 dollars an hour and that was at my last job that made me miserable. According to my roommate the equivalent job at Sam's was 11.00+ and required less work on many levels. I was evidently very underpaid. >.<

haha yea well when they wear an AFK or OMG hat to school... it's fairly obvious... and I make a note to avoid them because that's just weird... my best friend and I actually the first day we met we talked about gaia, realized we were both on it and still are biggrin

and yea aren't most people underpaid... work sucks unless you like it... haha

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin

haha yea well when they wear an AFK or OMG hat to school... it's fairly obvious... and I make a note to avoid them because that's just weird... my best friend and I actually the first day we met we talked about gaia, realized we were both on it and still are biggrin

Yeah, I've never seen anyone wear one of those in real life. I did meet one regular at the bookstore I worked in who was on Gaia who I noticed later had some pins on his bag that were Gaia related but that's pretty much all I've seen ever.

I've had two jobs I worked at for years that I really enjoyed (and certainly not because they paid well) and that's really all I'm looking for this time. Something I can enjoy working at not getting paid for.

Newbie Smoker

Jace Quin
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin

Yeah, I've never seen anyone wear one of those in real life. I did meet one regular at the bookstore I worked in who was on Gaia who I noticed later had some pins on his bag that were Gaia related but that's pretty much all I've seen ever.

I've had two jobs I worked at for years that I really enjoyed (and certainly not because they paid well) and that's really all I'm looking for this time. Something I can enjoy working at not getting paid for.
Right? as long as you make enough money to live off of... happiness matters more... so why are you in bangor anyways?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin

Right? as long as you make enough money to live off of... happiness matters more... so why are you in bangor anyways?

I was sick of having people I'd known my whole life asking me why I wasn't mortgaging my future to get a useless piece of paper acknowledging that I had jumped through an arbitrary set of hoops to achieve some kind of 'mastery' of a theoretical 'skill' that I didn't want anyway since the thing I want to do most with my life you can't get a degree in. In other words I was tired of hearing literally the same phrasing: "You're so smart. Why aren't you going to college?"

It is also fairly difficult to find year-round employment there. And one of my brothers lived up here in Bangor and offered to let me stay with him for free until I could find a job. So I moved up here.

Newbie Smoker

Jace Quin
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin

I was sick of having people I'd known my whole life asking me why I wasn't mortgaging my future to get a useless piece of paper acknowledging that I had jumped through an arbitrary set of hoops to achieve some kind of 'mastery' of a theoretical 'skill' that I didn't want anyway since the thing I want to do most with my life you can't get a degree in. In other words I was tired of hearing literally the same phrasing: "You're so smart. Why aren't you going to college?"

It is also fairly difficult to find year-round employment there. And one of my brothers lived up here in Bangor and offered to let me stay with him for free until I could find a job. So I moved up here.
NICE!!
So what is it you want to do?
I may not reply right away got to drive home now...

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin
ButtMuffin
Jace Quin

NICE!!
So what is it you want to do?
I may not reply right away got to drive home now...

Write books. Well, not necessarily books. I like writing in general. I like to write both fiction and non-fiction. I can imitate writing styles and styles of speech well. I can play 'devil's advocate' and convince people of things I don't believe in. I don't think I'd want to do journalism because of the constraints and also the kind of things that people seem to want to be 'news' but I could see writing guidebooks or even some kind of marketing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff