Welcome to Gaia! ::

How did you get here?

From Gaia Guides & Resources 0.30234136409908 30.2% [ 891 ]
A friend linked me. 0.1184255174754 11.8% [ 349 ]
I searched some key words and found it. 0.10587037665422 10.6% [ 312 ]
Redirection from Teh Hoarding Guild. 0.019002375296912 1.9% [ 56 ]
Redirection from Solution to a Problem. 0.026467594163556 2.6% [ 78 ]
Redirection from The Profiteers Guild. 0.02205632846963 2.2% [ 65 ]
Redirection from The Newbie Support & Training Guild. 0.007465218866644 0.7% [ 22 ]
Marketplace link/banner/other advertisement. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
By stalking Jace. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
I have no idea how I got here. 0.21717000339328 21.7% [ 640 ]
Total Votes:[ 2947 ]

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
B a n i i t a
aghalskjg.
You caught me in the middle of working on a new outfit. O AO)|!" How embarrassing.
I'm not actually that bad. I just like to save at certain points because I use the Reset button a lot.
It took me forever just to make this one. I gave up on using the Zodiacal tails in the evolution I just got. (Sure, two tailed cat with different coloured tails and red ears looked interesting to me at first, but the items didn't maintain the personality I wanted to create.)

It does make more sense, if it's like that~

You mean they're too feminine/queer. 8D (Not just with how it looks, but the song it's from is, uhh, quite homo. Both ways. Literally.) It's not like it'd be impossible for a more masculine guy to wear well, but I'd think it'd be terribly difficult.
Oh? You'd be surprised. If you use the search engine, you'd likely find that the blues are often too royal-blue or too peacock-blue or too turquoise-blue. It's quite frustrating. I have a hard time with it even on tektek. scream

So gaiz, should I buy the Silver Bells? :'< If it ends up a disappointment, I could lose a lot of money... I'm already not impressed with the colours. (Well, the colour scheme may not be beigexsilver, but...) (Though I could use the beige to match the Ciel Agape hair I like so much...)

I usually make my avatars in tek-tek first. Then I get any items I might need and try to put them together. The only problem with tek-tek is that it doesn't always layer right. If you do it for long enough you can kind of get a sense of how things ought to be. For example, there are many pants on tek-tek that appear to layer over the Obsidian High Elf Boots I have equipped but they layer under on Gaia. And for this outfit tek-tek covered HotD with Mercury's Moon luxuriae wings.

You could always ask about matching items in the AT or try sdrawkcab's avatar making guide for help. Nothing against gay, myself. I've dated both genders even though I've dated relatively few people. I've equipped skirts on my avatars if I thought they looked good. I'll probably have my chick character in Skyrim marry a female NPC because the guys are ugly.

I think Silver Bells has run its course for the first people who did it and after you have it equipped for ten days it turns into either Golden Belle, Copper Belle, or Blue Belle.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Orlando1210
Jace Quin

Yeah, I could tell how most of the Sashes rose quickly last year compared to the previous year's capes -still have November Capes-. Though it plays well for me so I don't mind xD I'm pretty excited for the anklets as well, I don't own much anklets but I actually love using them on my avatar -poor- xD Never save enough for them. Hopefully that'll change.

I find it almost amusing that even though I'm collecting gold and making new avatars this is the only thread I really ever visit anymore... xP

Yep. Sashes were way more popular than the Capes or the Crowns. Based on the popularity of the Sashes and how long ATers (among others) have been asking for more anklets I think the anklets are going to be very popular.
I like anklets a lot but they're hard to come by. I don't have WAnklets or the regular Egyptian ones because I dislike gold but I have the Silver Egyptian Anklets, I have Compass which has black/sliver anklets, I have SLaurels, Demonic Anklets, I got Zodiacal solely because of the single-anklet pose. Maybe some others I can't think of. But it is not enough. If reversibles came in anklets I would own them all. I'll probably get all of the birthstone ones.

I visit/update my guides, I visit my friends chat thread, I go into THG and TPG regularly, I occasionally go into the other guilds I belong to or do some exchanging but that's pretty much it. I earn gold, I write about earning gold, I talk about earning gold, I make avatars, I talk about my avatars, and I occasionally chat with people. >.<

7,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Brandisher 100
Jace Quin

I usually make my avatars in tek-tek first. Then I get any items I might need and try to put them together. The only problem with tek-tek is that it doesn't always layer right. If you do it for long enough you can kind of get a sense of how things ought to be. For example, there are many pants on tek-tek that appear to layer over the Obsidian High Elf Boots I have equipped but they layer under on Gaia. And for this outfit tek-tek covered HotD with Mercury's Moon luxuriae wings.

You could always ask about matching items in the AT or try sdrawkcab's avatar making guide for help. Nothing against gay, myself. I've dated both genders even though I've dated relatively few people. I've equipped skirts on my avatars if I thought they looked good. I'll probably have my chick character in Skyrim marry a female NPC because the guys are ugly.

I think Silver Bells has run its course for the first people who did it and after you have it equipped for ten days it turns into either Golden Belle, Copper Belle, or Blue Belle.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
()/丿 (/ ̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̅×hate » ` B a n i ):-♔---------------------------------------------
=(ơ ⋏ơ) ------»⑊ Miki: "Would you please call me Hisaya?"---Oga: " ಠ_ಠ Hell no." ⑊×.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image

Yeah, that's just one of tektek's many issues. I always start an avatar with free layering. The biggest annoyance for me is that stockings and base-changing shoes don't layer correctly. I have to bring the avatar into a program to edit it. So despite that I understand Gaia's layering system quite well now, well, it doesn't do much. But it's still much better than what Gaia gives us to work with.

Those guides are just starters. They're useless for me. = x= I've been in a what-matches-Vocal-Headphones thread. There weren't many satisfying answers. :I

Y'know, since you have so much money, why don't you go for alchemy? There are some seriously amazing items made that way, despite everything being so overpriced. I know you don't go for opening rigs, but you might get a headstart and put the first Aurora Kitten Star on the market. I myself can't get very far since I'm stuck on level 2. Still, I'm gonna try since there's an item that is possibly the start of backwings.

Wait, out of curiosity, how long have you been on Gaia? I'm an oldfag from 2005 (this is my third account). I should know all this marketing stuff by heart but I don't at all. OTL

Oh my, both genders? <3 Good job. B) I'm actually really delighted for how society is becoming so much more open. Trololol. Sometimes I goof off and self-proclaim myself to be a gay man trapped in a woman's body. ...Well OK, maybe I was half serious.

I just checked the Belle items. I was not aware it was a rig. ...What BS. The items aren't that good. Charcoal Curiosity is better.

P.S. I think this is the simplest avatar I've ever worn past nub stage. O AO)" Maybe all that complaining from my Gaia-avoidant friend about the phenomenon known as Gaia Clutter finally hit home. ...Nope, I just haven't completed the look, I think. Angelbamf. BD Not demon-angel, for once.

@Orlando: Indeed. 8D It catches my fancy. It always has.
User Image

----------------------------- мʏ ωorld ɛɴds ωιτн ʏoυ :; { / ` = }

Conservative Hoarder

7,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Jace Quin
Yep. Sashes were way more popular than the Capes or the Crowns. Based on the popularity of the Sashes and how long ATers (among others) have been asking for more anklets I think the anklets are going to be very popular.
I like anklets a lot but they're hard to come by. I don't have WAnklets or the regular Egyptian ones because I dislike gold but I have the Silver Egyptian Anklets, I have Compass which has black/sliver anklets, I have SLaurels, Demonic Anklets, I got Zodiacal solely because of the single-anklet pose. Maybe some others I can't think of. But it is not enough. If reversibles came in anklets I would own them all. I'll probably get all of the birthstone ones.

I visit/update my guides, I visit my friends chat thread, I go into THG and TPG regularly, I occasionally go into the other guilds I belong to or do some exchanging but that's pretty much it. I earn gold, I write about earning gold, I talk about earning gold, I make avatars, I talk about my avatars, and I occasionally chat with people. >.<
surprised I gave/sold/cannot afford quite a lot from that list (with my excessive spending xP) but I didn't realize there were that much items that had anklets as well surprised

I used to visit Charity threads until I decided to make gold for myself and TGE until I realized hoarding is efficient enough for me to just come visit once in awhile and my own freebie thread died because I didn't do the pixel doll I was supposed to do which I forgot and remembered in awhile but was too lazy to do it ._. I fail. I did like the Gaian made Reality Shows until TUPR2 failed and a lot of people suddenly made their own. ._. I don't even know why exactly I come on, just to see my gold count increase? :s

Oh and by the way, how long does Super Prize usually stay in the CS? They're deflating a bit more right now so I wish I had waited before getting mine around 143~145k each xD

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
B a n i i t a
Yeah, that's just one of tektek's many issues. I always start an avatar with free layering. The biggest annoyance for me is that stockings and base-changing shoes don't layer correctly. I have to bring the avatar into a program to edit it. So despite that I understand Gaia's layering system quite well now, well, it doesn't do much. But it's still much better than what Gaia gives us to work with.

Those guides are just starters. They're useless for me. = x= I've been in a what-matches-Vocal-Headphones thread. There weren't many satisfying answers. :I

Y'know, since you have so much money, why don't you go for alchemy? There are some seriously amazing items made that way, despite everything being so overpriced. I know you don't go for opening rigs, but you might get a headstart and put the first Aurora Kitten Star on the market. I myself can't get very far since I'm stuck on level 2. Still, I'm gonna try since there's an item that is possibly the start of backwings.

Wait, out of curiosity, how long have you been on Gaia? I'm an oldfag from 2005 (this is my third account). I should know all this marketing stuff by heart but I don't at all. OTL

Oh my, both genders? <3 Good job. B) I'm actually really delighted for how society is becoming so much more open. Trololol. Sometimes I goof off and self-proclaim myself to be a gay man trapped in a woman's body. ...Well OK, maybe I was half serious.

I just checked the Belle items. I was not aware it was a rig. ...What BS. The items aren't that good. Charcoal Curiosity is better.

P.S. I think this is the simplest avatar I've ever worn past nub stage. O AO)" Maybe all that complaining from my Gaia-avoidant friend about the phenomenon known as Gaia Clutter finally hit home. ...Nope, I just haven't completed the look, I think. Angelbamf. BD Not demon-angel, for once.

I don't wear a lot of shoes because I'm not a fan of most of the ones on Gaia. My favorites are the ones that I have on now and the Admant version of the same. I also have uhm four different colors of the velcro sneakers and the steel toed boots. That's it. I equip socks sometimes but rarely stockings so I don't have to deal with all the weird layers there are for stockings much.

I always liked sdrawkcab's guide but yeah, it's much more for beginners. I want tips on faking shade matches through distraction and the importance of distributing detail and texture.

That's your simplest avatar? o.o I thought I was intense. I almost never wear fewer than ten items. I don't really do themes much, though. What is Gaia Clutter?

Spending lots of money to get xp seems like a waste of gold. I try to get some xp by making recipes that are pretty fair as far as gold in gold out but they're hard to find and the higher level I get the harder it will be. I'm at level two 12 points in. Admittedly I do want to create backwings (which is, yes, something that was confirmed by devs that the 'dedicated' will be able to create through alchemy). I know that Legend is offering to create items for people as long as they provide the materials he doesn't charge and he even pays the gold necessary. I could definitely do that. I'd probably have to up my level a bit before anyone would be interested, though.

I always say that I joined on August 8th, 2007 but I did the calculation recently and it was actually July 31st, 2007. I stumbled into Exchanging in February 2008. Not really sure why but I am absurdly good at earning money in videogames. If life were a videogame I would be rich. This causes people to suggest to me that I might be a good economist or something but I find macro economics to be a little scary.

Yep. I'm so sexy I can get both guys and girls. ...Yet I somehow have not dated anyone for almost three years. Maybe I need to spend more time stalking college campuses.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Orlando1210
Jace Quin

surprised I gave/sold/cannot afford quite a lot from that list (with my excessive spending xP) but I didn't realize there were that much items that had anklets as well surprised

I used to visit Charity threads until I decided to make gold for myself and TGE until I realized hoarding is efficient enough for me to just come visit once in awhile and my own freebie thread died because I didn't do the pixel doll I was supposed to do which I forgot and remembered in awhile but was too lazy to do it ._. I fail. I did like the Gaian made Reality Shows until TUPR2 failed and a lot of people suddenly made their own. ._. I don't even know why exactly I come on, just to see my gold count increase? :s

Oh and by the way, how long does Super Prize usually stay in the CS? They're deflating a bit more right now so I wish I had waited before getting mine around 143~145k each xD

I think I'd like to own most of the anklets and shoe clips on Gaia but I'm not making it my goal to collect them or anything.

It's addictive. There's no real reason for me to spend so much time on here. I just keep coming back.

Two years ago twelve days. Last year fifteen days. It's already been more than fifteen days. I'm ticked that there hasn't been a leaving announcement yet. I thought that the one last night was going to have it but I was sorely disappointed.

Conservative Hoarder

7,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Jace Quin
I think I'd like to own most of the anklets and shoe clips on Gaia but I'm not making it my goal to collect them or anything.

It's addictive. There's no real reason for me to spend so much time on here. I just keep coming back.

Two years ago twelve days. Last year fifteen days. It's already been more than fifteen days. I'm ticked that there hasn't been a leaving announcement yet. I thought that the one last night was going to have it but I was sorely disappointed.
Haha, same here xD

I've been trying to quit for years since my friends left and now I'm like the only one left xP I've even gave stuff away trying to leave and coming back 2 days later ._. Now even though I take short hiatuses I still come back to check items I hoard...

I do remember Super Prize being shorter than the usual RIG/CI but I couldn't be sure :O Now it's taking a long time... I hope they'll stop selling them soon.

edit; Can't believe no one snagged this for hours o_o I've been stalking it but unfortunately I didn't have enough gold for it ._.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Orlando1210
Jace Quin

Haha, same here xD

I've been trying to quit for years since my friends left and now I'm like the only one left xP I've even gave stuff away trying to leave and coming back 2 days later ._. Now even though I take short hiatuses I still come back to check items I hoard...

I do remember Super Prize being shorter than the usual RIG/CI but I couldn't be sure :O Now it's taking a long time... I hope they'll stop selling them soon.

edit; Can't believe no one snagged this for hours o_o I've been stalking it but unfortunately I didn't have enough gold for it ._.

I've never tried to quit. I'm not sure what would happen if I did. >.< I feel like I would not be very good at it.

I was all excited about last night's announcement, too. >.< I swear if they don't announce it today I'm going to be very upset.

*checks* Looks like someone finally bought it about an hour after you posted.

Conservative Hoarder

7,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Jace Quin
I've never tried to quit. I'm not sure what would happen if I did. >.< I feel like I would not be very good at it.

I was all excited about last night's announcement, too. >.< I swear if they don't announce it today I'm going to be very upset.

*checks* Looks like someone finally bought it about an hour after you posted.
I decided to keep my stuff if I'm leaving for me in the future, in case something like what I mentioned happens again xD Then only if I don't come back on after a month then I'll give the stuff away I guess.

Ugh, EI Report >_< Moar please D: The singles are at like lower 130k range now ._. -wish I saved money but went to the inexpensive item thread again :c-

Actually when I posted it was already sold surprised Oh, maybe I edited it an hour or so late, never mind.

Benevolent Bunny

11,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I happened to stumble upon this guide while browsing the MP for cheap goods, and I'm so glad I found it. ;u;

I know the basics of vending- your typical common sense stuff- but every time I'm out to really make a profit, I always end up losing a little gold. (Or I suspect that I do. I don't want to check for fear of my suspicions being correct, I'd rather not suffer the disappointment.) As a result, I rarely use it for any real monetary gain, although I do sell unused closet items for new Dream Outfit items. But this has helped point out some crucial details that I had always gotten wrong, so I think I might give vending a go again soon.

I'll be bookmarking this for future reference, since I'll likely forget about it in a few days and then have to look for it again when I need it. Thanks for clearing some things up though! <3 I dearly appreciate it, 'specially because I've been playing since '09 but never really got anywhere unless I stopped playing for a few months at a time. e_e

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
You're very welcome and good luck with your endeavors in vending.

Questionable Protagonist

Jace Quin

Bonjour, Jacey. ;D
When the hell're you gonna go change your avatar? D:<

Oh, and you wouldn't happen to know where a complete doll list would be, would you?

B a n i i t a

Just gonna be a creep and mention this.
For the blue pose of the Vocal Headphones,
Lyndexer's Journal's
Checkmate
Gothique Harlequin [just a shade darker if you look closely]
Persephone
Keiongaku Style
Zeta Star Mercenary
Stoic Lost Boy
Inari's Beads
maybe the Magician
a little bit of Raven's Deceit

The blacks of some of the items are actually dark grey, so you'd have to take that into account as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff