Welcome to Gaia! ::

How did you get here?

From Gaia Guides & Resources 0.30234136409908 30.2% [ 891 ]
A friend linked me. 0.1184255174754 11.8% [ 349 ]
I searched some key words and found it. 0.10587037665422 10.6% [ 312 ]
Redirection from Teh Hoarding Guild. 0.019002375296912 1.9% [ 56 ]
Redirection from Solution to a Problem. 0.026467594163556 2.6% [ 78 ]
Redirection from The Profiteers Guild. 0.02205632846963 2.2% [ 65 ]
Redirection from The Newbie Support & Training Guild. 0.007465218866644 0.7% [ 22 ]
Marketplace link/banner/other advertisement. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
By stalking Jace. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
I have no idea how I got here. 0.21717000339328 21.7% [ 640 ]
Total Votes:[ 2947 ]

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
onyx_moonz
I like math. Math is fun.

Me too. That's why I was on the math team in high school. And why I took Calculus even though I have not used a bit of calculus in my adult life.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
So...missing digit would be a hoard. xD

Yeah, I'm very happy. Lol.
~King Awesome

Exactly.

So I already noticed something that is kinda good about having more gold.
I'm less hesitant to at least check more expensive items when I'm vending. Usually, my policy was I wouldn't buy anything over about 600k unless it was a misprice. But now I'll at least check them. xD
~King Awesome

Anxious Cleric

12,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
Jace Quin

I have a question. I'm trying to ease my way back into Exchanging, so forgive me if I'm ignorant to anything that should be obvious.

I traded for a Loathing style a few days before they released the schedule for Black Friday. I'm unsure of what I should do, since the price is unstable because of BF sales.

I got the Loathing for 5.9mil, so selling it now would still be a decent profit, but I'm hesitant. How can I decide whether selling or waiting would be a good idea?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Jazzasaurus Recks
Jace Quin

I have a question. I'm trying to ease my way back into Exchanging, so forgive me if I'm ignorant to anything that should be obvious.

I traded for a Loathing style a few days before they released the schedule for Black Friday. I'm unsure of what I should do, since the price is unstable because of BF sales.

I got the Loathing for 5.9mil, so selling it now would still be a decent profit, but I'm hesitant. How can I decide whether selling or waiting would be a good idea?

Sell now. As soon as you possibly can even if it's only a small profit. Given how few units a day the item sells it will be very difficult to sell in the future but right now you have the opportunity of taking advantage of anyone who thinks that hoarding it might actually be a good idea.

O.G. Noob

I wish I discovered this guide sooner sad
Really helpful guide, good work man.
I have a question : I was lucky an I got a Valkyrian Dragoon of Lalune. The LMP was at 25m and since I was a total noob in the GaiaExchange, I sold it for 18.1m. Now I see the LMP is like at 35m around. Did I made a mistake and sold it too earlier? Looking at the other revolution item, they have pretty much dropped. Thought the Lalune would be the same. To be honest, I'm not quite sure if they really sold it in the MP. The average sale seems to have dropped. ( Just want your opinion if I did right or not ... So if I did wrong I'll learn from this mistake and not repeat it again )

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Freekee
I wish I discovered this guide sooner sad
Really helpful guide, good work man.
I have a question : I was lucky an I got a Valkyrian Dragoon of Lalune. The LMP was at 25m and since I was a total noob in the GaiaExchange, I sold it for 18.1m. Now I see the LMP is like at 35m around. Did I made a mistake and sold it too earlier? Looking at the other revolution item, they have pretty much dropped. Thought the Lalune would be the same. To be honest, I'm not quite sure if they really sold it in the MP. The average sale seems to have dropped. ( Just want your opinion if I did right or not ... So if I did wrong I'll learn from this mistake and not repeat it again )

Thank you. I'm glad you appreciate it. Please share it with whoever you like.

Well, the exceptionally rare RIG items are often 'undersold' (in terms of value, not quantity) in the first few days of their release because no one really knows how rare they actually are and there is no precedent for what price they "should" be sold for. But if it had turned out to be less rare than it is the price likely would have dropped like the other Revolution Midnight items. After the Revolution Midnights leave the CS the Valkyrian Dragoon of Lalune will become rarer because of the limited supply and this will push the price up further over time while simultaneously making it harder and harder to sell.

I would not say that you did it wrong. You might have gotten a higher price for it but considering you won it instead of buying it you made out like a bandit anyway. I don't think you have any reason to regret selling it for 18.1M. And you can think of it this way, too: You now have 18.1M you can invest in other things either for hoarding or vending/exchanging to increase your wealth even more. It's true what they say about having money making it easier to make money.

O.G. Noob

Jace Quin

Thank you for the reply. Your opinion was helpful. Time to follow your guide and to invest my gold wisely!

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Freekee
Jace Quin

Thank you for the reply. Your opinion was helpful. Time to follow your guide and to invest my gold wisely!

Welcome. If you have any more questions feel free to ask them.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Another success story, sorta: Bought an advanced chance (for way more than i should have)
but I waited...and waited.
And just sold it for 40k profit. (I bought the whole thing for 845k
Had I realized I could get it for 800k or less, I would've waited. Lol)
~King Awesome

Dapper Fatcat

interesting... cat_3nodding

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin

So...I have a question similar to one that was answered...
When buying something with Gaia cash, if the thing with the largest Cash to gold return is a CI, would it be smarter to buy it, but wait to sell it until after the CI is removed from the shop?

I mean, just buy it and pretend that I bought it for hoarding?
~King Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin

When buying something with Gaia cash, if the thing with the largest Cash to gold return is a CI, would it be smarter to buy it, but wait to sell it until after the CI is removed from the shop?

~King Awesome

If it was close to time for it to be removed than the answer would be yes but this close to the release you would be better off selling immediately and then in a couple weeks using the gold to rebuy in a couple of weeks. You should have enough gold to rebuy more than your purchased originally, But if you want to boost that more use the gold as exchanging/vending capital in between now and the time to buy.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin

~King Awesome

If it was close to time for it to be removed than the answer would be yes but this close to the release you would be better off selling immediately and then in a couple weeks using the gold to rebuy in a couple of weeks. You should have enough gold to rebuy more than your purchased originally, But if you want to boost that more use the gold as exchanging/vending capital in between now and the time to buy.

Ah. :3
Also, when hoarding CIs, do you prefer to buy bundles, then open them up / and sell single, or just buy and sell as bundles?
And how much do you usually buy?
Last time I bought 4 bundles, opened, and sold, but I felt that more than that would be harder to sell, but I don't know. xP
~King Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin

~King Awesome

Ah. :3
Also, when hoarding CIs, do you prefer to buy bundles, then open them up / and sell single, or just buy and sell as bundles?
And how much do you usually buy?
Last time I bought 4 bundles, opened, and sold, but I felt that more than that would be harder to sell, but I don't know. xP
~King Awesome

It depends on the relative price. If there is only a small price disparity between what I would get just selling the bundle and what I would get if I sold as all singles I might prefer to sell the bundle and get my gold faster. But if it's substantially more profitable and/or I'm not in a hurry to sell then I'll sell as singles.
These days 5-10 bundles. I used to do 10-25 but it is harder to sell when you have more and I'm trying to diversify more and not buy tons of one thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff