Welcome to Gaia! ::

How did you get here?

From Gaia Guides & Resources 0.30234136409908 30.2% [ 891 ]
A friend linked me. 0.1184255174754 11.8% [ 349 ]
I searched some key words and found it. 0.10587037665422 10.6% [ 312 ]
Redirection from Teh Hoarding Guild. 0.019002375296912 1.9% [ 56 ]
Redirection from Solution to a Problem. 0.026467594163556 2.6% [ 78 ]
Redirection from The Profiteers Guild. 0.02205632846963 2.2% [ 65 ]
Redirection from The Newbie Support & Training Guild. 0.007465218866644 0.7% [ 22 ]
Marketplace link/banner/other advertisement. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
By stalking Jace. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
I have no idea how I got here. 0.21717000339328 21.7% [ 640 ]
Total Votes:[ 2947 ]

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
ButtMuffin
haha yea that sounds boring... doing what? like front desk stuff?

Yeah, I am literally going to be working at the front desk. But my title is something like 'Guest Services Associate'. 9.00 an hour to start is pretty decent but I was actually half-expecting more.
I had an interview at GameStop today. And working there would be fun. But I would get at most twenty hours a week so even if they did hire me I'd have to still work at the hotel.

IRL Rogue

Jace Quin
I almost never buy anything for more than 90% of the average/lowest price. Obviously lower is better, though. 75-80% can be expected on a regulat basis and you can often buy items for those prices in the Exchange without much difficulty.
But you have to keep checking. Prices vary throughout the course of the day as there are more or fewer users online. Not to mention that if there is a deal listed it's not likely to remain there for a long time as another person looking for profit or someone who just wants the item buys it.
You don't have to buy just those items, though. There are many other items that can be profitable. But if you are just starting out I recommend sticking to only items that sell twenty units a day at the very least- though more units is generally better.

Thanks, Ill get back to you in a few days, see what I got smile

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
K:
1k = 1,000 gold. Basically k stands for a comma and three zeros. 34k (34,000). 1000k = 1 Million.
It’s easier to type than a comma and three zeros, that’s why people use it. Once you stop
being confused by it, you’re going to love it.

Er...actually, k stands for kilo as in 1,000.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
K:
1k = 1,000 gold. Basically k stands for a comma and three zeros. 34k (34,000). 1000k = 1 Million.
It’s easier to type than a comma and three zeros, that’s why people use it. Once you stop

K does stands for kilo as in multiplication by 1,000, in fact, but the word itself is not really relevant to Exchange lingo and would likely only confuse people trying to get a grasp of the abbreviations so it wasn't included.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
K:

K does stands for kilo as in multiplication by 1,000, in fact, but the word itself is not really relevant to Exchange lingo and would likely only confuse people trying to get a grasp of the abbreviations so it wasn't included.

Valid point. But it could be mentioned. emo
~King Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
K:

Valid point. But it could be mentioned. emo
~King Awesome

Kilo is meant to be a prefix though anyway so it doesn't really fit regardless.

Smoker

hi..so i remember there reading like 2 or 3 years ago something about buying and selling and the seasons...
do things sell higher in the summer or winter?
and are things cheaper to buy in winter or summer?
i tried to find this but no luck sad

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Professional Sinner
hi..so i remember there reading like 2 or 3 years ago something about buying and selling and the seasons...

There is a persistent myth regarding mass inflation/deflation periods through-out the year (possibly due in part to the deflation at the end of summer 2008 when measures that stopped botting deflated the market by taking out a whole lot of ill-won gold) but this isn't really true. There are some noticeable trends but they don't blanket the entire market and they are not necessarily consistent from year to year. It really depends on what you are looking to buy, where it comes from, whether it can still be obtained (or not), whether it gets reereleased (or not) that will determine (very roughly) when the best time to buy it might be. Were you looking to buy something specific? Or were you talking about hoarding event items for Christmas and the like?
I honestly cant remember! biggrin

Smoker

Jace Quin
Professional Sinner

There is a persistent myth regarding mass inflation/deflation periods through-out the year (possibly due in part to the deflation at the end of summer 2008 when measures that stopped botting deflated the market by taking out a whole lot of ill-won gold) but this isn't really true. There are some noticeable trends but they don't blanket the entire market and they are not necessarily consistent from year to year. It really depends on what you are looking to buy, where it comes from, whether it can still be obtained (or not), whether it gets reereleased (or not) that will determine (very roughly) when the best time to buy it might be. Were you looking to buy something specific? Or were you talking about hoarding event items for Christmas and the like?

well because ive been going through the market trying to get back into the gold making biz [I havent been on here for 2 years ><] and yeah i forgot about reading graphs and trends...
so i bid on the Golden Gumshoe thinking "hey i can sell this cheap buy i bought and get gold back on it" until i read the graphs that showed that it was declining...so im wondering now if i should sell it back because of the rapid price drop, or just hold onto it and hope to make sure money off it later? I dont mind only getting minimal profit...but at this point it looks like im going to lose out on alot : (

Smoker

also, may i ask if you've ever personally lost gold vending/exchanging? i tried to find it in the FAQ but its not there.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Locc Sray
well because ive been going through the market trying to get back into the gold making biz [I havent been on here for 2 years ><] and yeah i forgot about reading graphs and trends...
so i bid on the Golden Gumshoe thinking "hey i can sell this cheap buy i bought and get gold back on it" until i read the graphs that showed that it was declining...so im wondering now if i should sell it back because of the rapid price drop, or just hold onto it and hope to make sure money off it later? I dont mind only getting minimal profit...but at this point it looks like im going to lose out on alot : (

I'd try to sell it and cut your losses. If you can sell it in the MP all the better but it does have a goldshop value and can be sold back that way if the MP price goes down that far. But the real issue is not the rapid price drop- you should have expected that given the fact that the price almost trebled in a day a couple days ago. Unless there are extenuating circumstances prices don't just go up by three times in a day- that's the hallmark of AI or market manipulation. Items that have been manipulated should be avoided. Then there's also the fact that the item only sells one to four units a day. Unless you are an experienced vender/exchanger you probably don't want to buy items that sell below twenty units a day (though fifty is better and obviously the more units a day the faster it will sell).

Have I ever personally lost gold... I assume you mean ever as opposed to overall? Of course I have. It happens to everyone. I've lost gold on items I've bought to vend/exchange with as well as on investments I've made. Every single time I make a purchase there's the risk of loosing gold. But if there were no risk- there would likely be no reward. Overall I've made hundreds of millions of gold through vending, exchanging, and hoarding. I have lost some- in fact I can say I've lost millions. But what's a few million compared to hundreds of millions? Or a few thousand compared with a few hundred thousand? Not much.

Smoker

Jace Quin
Locc Sray

I'd try to sell it and cut your losses. If you can sell it in the MP all the better but it does have a goldshop value and can be sold back that way if the MP price goes down that far. But the real issue is not the rapid price drop- you should have expected that given the fact that the price almost trebled in a day a couple days ago. Unless there are extenuating circumstances prices don't just go up by three times in a day- that's the hallmark of AI or market manipulation. Items that have been manipulated should be avoided. Then there's also the fact that the item only sells one to four units a day. Unless you are an experienced vender/exchanger you probably don't want to buy items that sell below twenty units a day (though fifty is better and obviously the more units a day the faster it will sell).

Have I ever personally lost gold... I assume you mean ever as opposed to overall? Of course I have. It happens to everyone. I've lost gold on items I've bought to vend/exchange with as well as on investments I've made. Every single time I make a purchase there's the risk of loosing gold. But if there were no risk- there would likely be no reward. Overall I've made hundreds of millions of gold through vending, exchanging, and hoarding. I have lost some- in fact I can say I've lost millions. But what's a few million compared to hundreds of millions? Or a few thousand compared with a few hundred thousand? Not much.

yeah i know -_______________- i havent been very smart at this point. Theres a lot of small things i forgot, like reading graphs which can really tell you a lot about any item..
I guess ill just try my best to get some gold back on these and see what else i can profit on.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin

Out of curiosity, have you been saving your Crystal Boxes, until just today when the price jumped? xD

I didn't wanna sell it earlier since 20,000-30,000 isn't really...high enough for me to want to sell, but now it's good. xD

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin

Out of curiosity, have you been saving your Crystal Boxes, until just today when the price jumped? xD

I didn't wanna sell it earlier since 20,000-30,000 isn't really...high enough for me to want to sell, but now it's good. xD

Saving them? I've been buying them at 20k and less on purpose. Otherwise I wouldn't have fifty of them. ^.^ Excellent profit. And I'll do it again when they go down in price and wait for another update to sell again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff