Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Alexander Destriot
DrunkenStyle
Technically, since Seth and Trisk created the backstory of how Apollus and Lunaris were created and how Apollus stole all the light, Lunaris lacks anything but darkness.

So, technically, you can't see her. At all. Plus Seth wants me to make her into some kind of sillhouette. Like Noob Saibot. Remember Noob? I wonder who does.

But yeah, since you can't SEE Lunaris, she changes her form for us so we can get an idea of what she looks like to us so our brains wouldn't explode.

At least that's what I think.

It doesn't have to be true. xD

It's human nature to try to make order out of chaos.

EDIT: wtf, I edited this twice and it seems to have bad grammar still. Gimme a break, I was just watching this outrageous Japanese music video of this rapper who raps really really horribly. I'm like. really taken back and all I can think is the stupid way he raps. XD

Hm, but if one cannot see complete darkness, wouldn't the same apply to the light? If one eminates ONLY light, then their form would never be distinguishable, correct?
I suppose Lunaris would be a silhouette, and Apollus would be a glowing orb...thing...right?

Or, am I taking physics too much in mind here?

This is true 3nodding
Gods by their very nature are metaphysical and so the standard rules of physics probably only apply to them when they feel like it. I imagine that the gods could show themselves as anything they want.
I think what we're seeing when we look at Drunkenstyles renditions is not a gods true form, but rather their favoured one when appearing in the real world (their most recognised one at any rate, for, surely, a ray of sunlight is also Apollus, as a burning bush might be Vulcagni)
Alexander Destriot
DrunkenStyle
Technically, since Seth and Trisk created the backstory of how Apollus and Lunaris were created and how Apollus stole all the light, Lunaris lacks anything but darkness.

So, technically, you can't see her. At all. Plus Seth wants me to make her into some kind of sillhouette. Like Noob Saibot. Remember Noob? I wonder who does.

But yeah, since you can't SEE Lunaris, she changes her form for us so we can get an idea of what she looks like to us so our brains wouldn't explode.

EDIT: wtf, I edited this twice and it seems to have bad grammar still. Gimme a break, I was just watching this outrageous Japanese music video of this rapper who raps really really horribly. I'm like. really taken back and all I can think is the stupid way he raps. XD

Hm, but if one cannot see complete darkness, wouldn't the same apply to the light? If one eminates ONLY light, then their form would never be distinguishable, correct?
I suppose Lunaris would be a silhouette, and Apollus would be a glowing orb...thing...right?

In truth I really don't know how/why Seth wants them, I'm just following orders. XD

He wants Apollus to be a tanned human with bright white and gold clothing and Lunaris be some silhouette. SO I'm gonna make a tanned human with bright clothes in a solar cloak and a pitch black figure thing. sweatdrop
Silver Gryphon
DrunkenStyle
The fanart has to be the Veset gods that are on the front page.

Though it doesn't mean you can't depict them your way outside of Veset. X3

...but I thought you said you liked seeing other peoples' fan art?

I did. What's wrong with fanart of the gods? XD

A lot of people had different depictions and character edits of the gods that weren't released, and I sorta liked how they were throwing ideas and guesses of what the god might look like until I finish my drawing and Seth put it up on the front page.

After it's released, that's when Seth will start accepting and putting up fanart of that certain god.

And what I meant by "it doesn't mean you can't depict them your way outside of Veset" is that there's obviously a lot of depictions of what they looked like before Seth set up this thread. Even I had my own drawings of them before Veset. We're not shoving our designs up people's faces and saying "YOU. THIS IS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE FROM NOW ON." because it's not Veset to decide what they look like, it's the admin's. But yeah, since this place IS partly a fanthread, and Seth said he wanted my drawing to be the 'official' drawings or something.

Until the admins have actual designs of the gods, we're just innovating and working off what they've given us.

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
DrunkenStyle
Alexander Destriot
DrunkenStyle

In truth I really don't know how/why Seth wants them, I'm just following orders. XD

He wants Apollus to be a tanned human with bright white and gold clothing and Lunaris be some silhouette. SO I'm gonna make a tanned human with bright clothes in a solar cloak and a pitch black figure thing. sweatdrop

and surelly they will look great too ^_^

Hmmm... yup total darkness and total light are the same on this case razz both doesn´t let you see a shape or silhouete and if you want to go faar away with physics Apollus would kill everybody O__O that amount of radiation could ´burns´ everything °__°U
Galphath

Hmmm... yup total darkness and total light are the same on this case razz both doesn´t let you see a shape or silhouete and if you want to go faar away with physics Apollus would kill everybody O__O that amount of radiation could ´burns´ everything °__°U

Honestly, I'm really really having a tough time with Lunaris. She's just a pitch black figure, and that's hard on me because it doesn't leave much to the imagination.

Or maybe my brain is just automatically telling me to make her look more elaborate.

Either way, I'll leave it to Seth and Trisk and you guys to judge in the end.

I already made a personal compromise with myself that I'll make an alternate and elaborate version and put it up on my DevArt, and so everyone's happy. XD

EDIT:
@Deviant: Good explanation. xD

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
DrunkenStyle

Honestly, I'm really really having a tough time with Lunaris. She's just a pitch black figure, and that's hard on me because it doesn't leave much to the imagination.

Or maybe my brain is just automatically telling me to make her look more elaborate.

I already made a personal compromise with myself that I'll make an alternate and elaborate version and put it up on my DevArt, and so everyone's happy. XD

EDIT:

Y'know, I keep on imagining her as Batman.

Nana nana nana nana LUNARIS

/shot

Space Werewolf

DrunkenStyle
Silver Gryphon
DrunkenStyle
The fanart has to be the Veset gods that are on the front page.

Though it doesn't mean you can't depict them your way outside of Veset. X3

...but I thought you said you liked seeing other peoples' fan art?

I did. What's wrong with fanart of the gods? XD

A lot of people had different depictions and character edits of the gods that weren't released, and I sorta liked how they were throwing ideas and guesses of what the god might look like until I finish my drawing and Seth put it up on the front page.

After it's released, that's when Seth will start accepting and putting up fanart of that certain god.

And what I meant by "it doesn't mean you can't depict them your way outside of Veset" is that there's obviously a lot of depictions of what they looked like before Seth set up this thread. Even I had my own drawings of them before Veset. We're not shoving our designs up people's faces and saying "YOU. THIS IS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE FROM NOW ON." because it's not Veset to decide what they look like, it's the admin's. But yeah, since this place IS partly a fanthread, and Seth said he wanted my drawing to be the 'official' drawings or something.

Until the admins have actual designs of the gods, we're just innovating and working off what they've given us.

So they only want us to draw fan art of fan art?
The Pie
DrunkenStyle

EDIT:

/shot

XDDD I knew a long time ago not to make her into Batgirl. XD

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
The Pie
DrunkenStyle

EDIT:

/shot

rofl rofl rofl
Silver Gryphon

lol, we want fan art of the gods that Veset depicted them to be.

to put it simply, fan art of the 'official' fanart.

Gimme a break, I'm trying to make this sound as modest as possible. XD

More bluntly, we want what Veset's showing, not what your own idea was before Veset. But yeah. If you don't like the Veset gods, you don't have to draw em. :B

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
DrunkenStyle
Silver Gryphon

More bluntly, we want what Veset's showing, not what your own idea was before Veset. But yeah. If you don't like the Veset gods, you don't have to draw em. :B

Basically, if you draw the "official" fanart, then those get posted up on first page.

But if you don't, and you draw your own versions, it won't get posted.

Right? >3>
The Pie
DrunkenStyle
Silver Gryphon

Basically, if you draw the "official" fanart, then those get posted up on first page.

But if you don't, and you draw your own versions, it won't get posted.

Right? >3>

Yeah

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
3nodding
The ones not based on the ´official´ ones aren´t approved by the monastery as sacred ones, i think "aprochiph" is the right word? (crappy online translators) anyway a revelation is a revelation.

(no matter how many cupcakes it has)

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
DrunkenStyle
Galphath

EDIT:

Thanks *bows*

You could always have a black figure on a starrey background, sortof using the lighter "space" to define the shape of Lunaris.

I like the idea of her being a person shaped chunk of space, with stars and stuff, but I doubt that's canon.
Deviant
Thanks *bows*

You could always have a black figure on a starrey background, sortof using the lighter "space" to define the shape of Lunaris.

I like the idea of her being a person shaped chunk of space, with stars and stuff, but I doubt that's canon.

I can't do backgrounds, it would ruin the flow of the front page.

But yeah. You'll see what I mean when I say "it's hard to design a person just as a silhouette" and "it's hard to put black on black" XD

I'll try my best though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces