Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
August 17th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

How do you like this week's summer event? We're starting to think about Halloween now and also finishing up on some small features like save outfits. I'm pretty excited as it's been a feature that everyone had been asking for a long time. Can't wait!

Lanzer
Darkening Flash
User Image

Hello Lanzer, I’ve reviewed the answers you gave me a bit ago and will add some new questions for you! You are way easier to bother than other people. sweatdrop
Response 1: So L0cke is Rufus’ creator. twisted We will bother him once we think up questions. gonk
Response+question 6+1: Yay, Rufus’ profile is nice, who is in charge of Rufus’ profile?
Question 2: How old do you think Rufus is?
Question 3: Will Rufus ever have a huge plot update that reveals a bit of his past?
I think that is it for this week on questions. 3nodding

It's a combination of efforts between some dedicated users, mods, and our creative team. Hope you guys like it!

Rufus is fairly mature for his age, but nobody knows how old Rufus is...

Rufus is shrouded with mysteries, there isn't a storyline planned, though we'll give more clues in the future.

Lanzer
Zweizi Galon
1. One theory out there at the moment is the unreleased NPC nicknamed "Kim" has been reinvented to become the upcoming zOMG! NPC "Captain Marina", the pirate captain of the Pirates of the Shallow Sea. Looking at their promotional pictures side-by-side, you can definitely see a similarity.

User Image

My question is, is there any validity to that rumor?

2. In the Juvie Camp mini-comic, Edy finally got some plot time and explained that he used to "run with a rough crowd", then continues to have a messed up flashback which is explained to be due to an injury.

However I am happy that Edy finally has some backstory confirmed! And whats more, his backstory appears to be the same as his original design and story, when he was supposed to be a gang leader in the Battle System.

My second question is, now that Edy's past has been introduced into the storyline, will we see the members of his ex-gang in the near future?

A TON of users have been requesting we see these mystery gang member NPCs for quite some time now, and I think this would be the perfect time to finally introduce them.

User Image

The art team was really delighted with the response from everyone in regards to the Nightmare Sash. Thank you!

The rumor was just a rumor, unfortunately. Both designs were great but there's only gonna be one pirate captain for now.

Maybe it's time for a group shot of the entire gang, though a whole backstory won't come up for a while. Either way, Edy's still a bad a**. biggrin

Lanzer
Mother Fluff
User Image

Question 1:
Is there ever going to be an Ask the Devs, kind of like Ask the Admin where we can ask the Developers questions about the technical aspects of Gaia? I know devs sometimes reply to this thread, but it would be nice if we could have a time period to ask them more direct questions at a time more of them are online.

Question 2:
It was great to see Barrett finally shut up Mirai. Does this mean there's hope for him to grow a spine and earn some much-deserved respect in the future?

Question 3:
How many Gaia Staff members have posted their birthdays in the currently-Spotlighted Million Birthdays in a Day thread? It'd be great for Gaians to be able to see which Devs and Artists they share a birthday with.

There isn't one planned, as we have different devs covering different parts of Gaia. If there are specific call-outs for specific features, we can ask for certain devs to show up for ATA.

Hey, opposite ends attract! Nothing wrong with nice guys here. smile

Good suggestion, we should see who had posted their b-days in their profiles.

Lanzer
sasamiblue
Just for fun, today’s questions all come from one movie. If you can name that movie you get a cookie.
If your not Lanzer you may also answer these…

Where are you from... originally?
Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?
Are you a God?
Do you have any hobbies?
Who does your taxes?

Are you the Keymaster?
Have you or any of your family been diagnosed schizophrenic? Mentally incompetant?
Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night? Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic? Have you or your family ever seen a spook, spectre or ghost?

Do you want some coffee?

What is the magic word ?

How is Elvis, and have you seen him lately?

Who are you gana call?

What about the Twinkie?

After I stopped believing that I was made from a dough, I believed that I was made when my mom and dad started holding hands together...

I believe in aliens, but not the type that drive a little space ship, fly to Earth only to scare a farmer somewhere in the mid-west.

Why yes, then came the depression and I lost my job.

I have so many hobbies I lost count. One includes computer and programming. Thank goodness for that one!

I hand it to an accountant after starting Gaia. Things got too complicated.

The rest of the info are classified. smile

Lanzer
Ar1ma
Hi This is my first ATA to post in, and I have some questions regarding fishing

1. Upgrading Rods feature isn't available any more in the The ole Fishing Hole, is it coming back ?

2. About the fishing links in the navigation menu, are they going to be added in the future ?

Thanks for your time in Advance ^^

Yes, just need to fix the security problems

Yup, we're working on the games page right now.

Lanzer
Kunai Jones
I have a very quick question.

Would it be possible to get a Trash Item button within the Arranger? Trashing is a great feature, but it's frustrating to have to go to my main Inventory to do it. It would be great to do it all in one place.

I'm a little bit uneven about the Event, I think it's a bit silly that you basically have to run mules through it to get every item without shelling out in the Vend, but the mechanics are strong. Good work!

Saved Outfits is not a small feature. Trust me, to a steadfast Arena competitor, that is huge.

It's been debated for a long time, but looks like there won't be a trash option, however, the ability to sell all items will sooner or later be implemented for all items.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah it was hard to think through the goals and rewards. Though since we've been doing the same thing in the past, we decided to try something different.

Lanzer
kaykeyser
I was looking at the new NPC profiles, some of them, there coming along nice, but the Moira one has a link for submitting fan art, but the link just takes me to the home page. What’s up?

Not just Lanzer, but every one, If you had a theme song what would it be?
I could suggest songs like Simply the best, Im L0ckeing over a four leafed clover, more than you Vo….etc

How do you keep cool on a hot / humid day?

Have you ever been ticketed? If so what for? Did you get let off?

Does Gaia still use the cutly named data bases and servers like Sushi and cheese slave and so on? Or has that system fully changed?

Sounds like a bug, it should be fixed in a jiffy

"Lance" from Dandy Warhols... just kidding, I have never heard of the song. biggrin

Drink more cold soda!

I was once caught while speeding at 110. The officer wrote me a ticket for going at 90 and somehow I was happy. smile No, I don't think I've ever got let off from getting a ticket. I get a ticket once every two years or so, so I don't try too hard to justify when the time comes. I treat it as paying taxes. smile

Oh we lost our delicious database servers now that we've moved to different clustered servers. They're now boring numbers like "C12" and so on...

Lanzer
HyruleanHero
It's been a while since I've posted here.

Anyway, a recent concern brought up in Site Feedback is that the Avatar System 3.0 Q&F forum doesn't seem to be getting enough attention, or helping much with getting anything fixed. The issues with it were brought up in this topic:http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/is-there-a-purpose-to-the-avatar-system-3-0-q-f-forum/t.53380783_19/#19 I posted in there, and my suggested that something that may help is to move the AS Q&F to Bug Reports as a new subforum there. Is this a feasible idea?

I think a lot of it has to do with what we're focused on at the moment. When we focus on avatar and shops, then a lot of the problems and upgrades are addressed. I think that after we focused on community, then the Gaia world/flash features, we'll be able to focus on the avatar system once again.

Lanzer
KaylaGalela
This is something I've been curious about. Go back in your minds to a time before the cash shop was released, before any EIs were ever sold. Are you there? What were your original ideas about evolving items and how they would be implemented? Are there any ideas you remember having about them that got changed along the way? Was it always the original intent to have all the poses unlock at the end of the EI's evolution cycle? I remember there was a lot of debate about that at the time.

And a bonus question: Is there any ETA on the new shops we are getting?

Yes, the whole idea around EI was to have items that evolve. Having multiple poses was always a natural feature for all the special items, while having all poses unlocked was a long, long discussion. We made up our mind before the cash shop was released and we stuck to it since then.

Lanzer
Krovahn
Just a couple questions, When/If we get a weapon shop, what all can we expect from it, like item and price wise. Will there be a great variety, or just knock-offs of items we've already gotten?

also, do you have an MPC in mind to run it? or are you coming up with someone completely new for it?

Thanks!

~Krovahn

The idea is to have a variety that ranges from practice swords to something a lot more fancy than regular weapons. (Though some MC items are pretty outrageous already) No NPC had been decided yet, and because of the work involved, we might end up releasing weapons through regular stores than a dedicated shop for the time being.

Lanzer
Caius Volturo
Has there been any thought to offer previous monthly collectibles in the cash shop... even if they where priced really high?

Nope, for now, the decision is still to keep MC as items that won't be re-released. We are still thinking through ideas for re-releasing some in special occasions or quests though.

Have fun with the rest of the summer event. See you all next week!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
August 24th

Lanzer
New stores, saved outfit, both new features are really close to the finish line, but not quite ready yet! Sorry for the wait.

It's the last week of summer! We can see that a lot of Gaians are getting themselves ready. Are you happy about going back to school?

SimplySimone
I dont want waffles
1: Have you ever gone streaking?

2: What kind of music do you like? Classical? Rock? Jrock? Jpop?

3: How do you all decide which themes should go into Rigs, which themes would be best for the NPC shops only, or MC's only?

4: What kind of cookies did Simone bring today?

1. Ummmm, no.

2. Dance music!

3. Don't know, I'm not involved in those decisions. smile

4. Double mint chocolate chip. Mmmmm...

pirula
Inu_Hero
Hi Lanzer and Devs!

Questions:

1. Is the housing glitch fixed yet where users don't have to worry about their furniture or items being stuck in their homes anymore? D:

I just looked up in our records.....it looks like in May there was a glitch where if you moved items into your house from the arranger you could not move them out, but its shown as fixed now.
And it just worked for me. Is that the glitch you're talking about?

Lanzer
Inu_Hero
Hi Lanzer and Devs!

Questions:

1. Is the housing glitch fixed yet where users don't have to worry about their furniture or items being stuck in their homes anymore? D:

2. Will Gaia ever put on another Gambino Mansion party? I really miss them! : D

3. Who drew the Rich Camp mini comic?

4. If a 1000-year-old tree could talk, what would you ask it?

Thank you! ^^

Also, good luck at batting in the next Gaian's Gone Wild softball game Lanzer! : D

Not yet, sorry :O

Oh we haven't had a ball for a while, maybe not for Halloween though, but perhaps for Christmas.

ReaperSun is the master mind behind the Rich Camp comic

How old are you?

Narumi Misuhara
Darkening Flash
User Image
Hello Lanzer, I have a couple questions plus a lot of fun rumors a user wanted answered.

(questions)

Here come the rumors from user "kaykeyser", you might enjoy answering them. biggrin
Rumor 1: Rufus can transform in to a human like catish form.
Rumor 2: Rufus has the power to fly.
Rumor 3: Rufus is addicted to DDR and likes to do a song he calls his Meow Mix.
Rumor 4: Rufus has no physical attraction to normal cats.
Rumor 5: Rufus has been offered movie rolls in Virtual Hollywood.
Rumor 6: Rufus refuses to eat birds or mice, he's strictly all about fish.
This last one I will throw in for the lul's.
Weird lul question 1: Rufus' love for fish has lead to a one sided romantic attraction to mermaids.

1. No
2. No
3. No Comment
4. Only if they aren't the Cat's Meow
5. True
6. True, Fishitarian through and through
7. There was that one incide... Huh, what's that Rufus.... Oh...Uhhh. I mean no comment.

SimplySimone
Whew! You have lots of questions today!! I'll take a few.
sasamiblue
What kinds of games did you play as a kid? Did you have a big imagination?

I played outside from sun up 'til sun down. I rode horses whenever I could. I climbed trees, but had a hard time climbing down (my Dad loved that). I also liked looking for mysteries to solve with my friends.
sasamiblue
And can a virus realty be spread from accepting friend requests?

I don't believe this is possible.
sasamiblue
Who do you think would be a good girl friend for Gino?

Gino should date the new shop keeper. smile
sasamiblue
When will guilds be able to use gold on more then just buying new forums?

Very, very soon, but I don't think I'm allowed to say.
SimplySimone
Aku Ohino
SimplySimone
Gino should date the new shop keeper. smile

So it's a nonhuman, familiar female...? surprised

Nonhuman, yes. Female, not sure.
pirula
Aku Ohino
So it's a nonhuman, familiar female...? surprised

weeelll....i've seen this rumor flying around but if you look at the AtA thread a couple weeks ago when it started the actual question was "any hints about the new shop keeper" and the answer was "nonhuman". She could have been referring to the Carl, the Majestic Wild Elk. So, here are the known hints ( and watch your logic carefully youngsters )

- more than one new shop
- one elk
- one familiar face
- [at least one] nonhuman
- one female awww nvm. she went back and said not sure

Narumi Misuhara
Gloria Kyrie
Hi you guys!

So tomorrow's my birthday, I'll be 21. What did you do for your 21st birthday? :3

So, the summer event is over, now comes Halloween. Will it be the interactive plot that was asked for? And will it actually extend pass Halloween? I'd love it if we actually had a story again, not just an opening for an event. >>;;

Thank you for the hair and eyes! Please let whoever worked on them know that this pixel junkie is extremely grateful!! heart
Happy Birthday!! No idea I don't remember wink

Don't know about the Halloween event sad

SimplySimone
pirula
I dont want waffles

3: How do you all decide which themes should go into Rigs, which themes would be best for the NPC shops only, or MC's only?

1. no, but I do tend to scream "we're goign streaking! we're streaking the quad" a lot. [seen old school too many times]

2. wide variety, beethoven to indie rock, some electronica

3 & 4 *shrug* no cookies for me. am on a diet xp
*Shock!*
Cookies should be included in your diet. They're good for you!

SimplySimone
hermie_the_frog
To answer Lanzer's question about school, no, I'm not. (My school starts tomorrow.) At least I'll be a senior!

Hi Simone! (Waves.)
Ooooh, you rule the school this year! How fun!!!

*waves back*

SimplySimone
Zweizi Galon
So I have to ask everyone in here:

Weapons Shop or Music Shop?

Meaning, which shop do you want to open first, the one that will sell weapons for avatars, or the one that will sell instruments? surprised

User Image User Image

Love, not war. Music please. smile

Lanzer
Zweizi Galon
Good evening Lanzer! It's good to be back for another "Ask the Admin"! =)

This evening I have 4 questions, and any staff member feel free to answer.

1. In these pasty few months, three longtime dreams of mine have been fulfilled: The teal color tab in the Salon, the Nitemare sash, and the G-Ranger outfits. So now I feel the need to start bugging you about another dream of mine! xD

I've asked you before about the possibility of getting an "Angel Tail" and "Horns of the Angel" items, and I remember your clear reaction being "It doesn't make sense." xP

My thought immediately was "Are the items on Gaia SUPPOSED to make sense???" and in response to your opinion on that, I remember clearly the user Seraphor had made a topic in the GCD clearly detailing examples from mythology, fiction, and the Bible and Jewish script in which there were examples of Angels who DID have Horns, AND a Tail, sometimes multiple tails!

So I ask again, because I simply must implore you...

Is there any chance of the art team considering making "Horns of the Angel" and an "Angel Tail" items? I'm a big fan of the Devil Tail and Horns of the Demon items, but I personally wish there were equivalents for them in the Angelic item sets.

User Image

2. In the past few years, something I've noticed the almost dissapearance of, is that during events we never see the NPCs posting in the event forums anymore. This is something I would personally not like to see done away with, as it helps build and develop the NPCs of Gaia's personalities and relationships with users, establishing fans and more involvement in the plot.

My second question is, Is there any chance in future events/plot updates you could bring back NPCs posting in the Event Forums? As you can see in this screencap of back during the Von Helson Ball, which was in 2005, we learn an awful lot about our NPCs this way:

User Image

3. I'll get right to the point on this one. We know that preparations for this year's Halloween event are coming up, and I know that one question a lot of users are wondering is this:

Will the NPC shopkeeps be getting new costumes this year?

User Image

4. One thing that concerns me is that last week when asked if the upcoming Captain Marina zOMG! NPC was a reinvention of the past unreleased NPC nicknamed "Kim", you said that there was only going to be one pirate captain NPC planned.

However, in a past ATA session, you were asked if you could tell the unreleased NPC nicknamed "Kim"'s official name. Your response was that she had no official name yet, but there were plans for her to be released. Here's a screencap of the question and your answer:

User Image

Now, after what you said last week, I'm sure you can imagine her fans are in an uproar, so I have ot ask:

Has the upcoming Sexy Female Pirate-Looking NPC, whose fans have nicknamed her "Kim", been scrapped, and all plans for her, and her release, been done away with? If she hasn't been scrapped, please release more information on her! Her fans have been devoted for many years, and not one word of information has been released on her since her debut preview picture at conventions. =(

User Image

User Image

It still doesn't make sense! biggrin It's really up to the creative team to decide on what to make, and a lot of it depends on user petition too, so if enough users ask for them, we'll listen!

Yes, we're noticed that ourselves and we'll get more NPC involvement in the upcoming event. It might not particularly be "NPC posting", but it'll have more storyline and character development.

WIth more storekeepers, it's even harder to keep up with the halloween changes, especially now we have the store front also! We should have NPC dress-up though.

Apologies but the situation turned out that the artists involved had been changed, and the artist involved in zOMG are not the same artist (in this case Saka) so the character design also changed. One note is that many NPC designs went through a lot of changes before they're finalized, so while we can say "there will be a pirate", we can't promise the final design until the last day.

SimplySimone
Annasay
This chat about cookies makes me extremely hungry.

Anyway, I'd like to ask . . .

1. What is your favorite type of cookie?

2. Have you ever set anything on fire?

3. If you owned a cookie shop/store/bakery/ext. what would you name it?

4. Which finger is your favorite finger?

5. And if you were a cookie, what type of cookie would you be?

1. Chocolate Chip
2. Yes
3. Not sure, but it would likely have chocolate or cupcake in the name.
4. None of them, they're kinda weird like toes.
5. Chocolate Chip

Narumi Misuhara
Darkening Flash
Lanzer
Darkening Flash
User Image
Hello Lanzer, I have a couple questions plus a lot of fun rumors a user wanted answered.

Question 1: Is Rufus going to accept friend invites soon? He still rejects me.T.T
Question 2: Will we ever see more Rufus items? Alruna gets too much attention.
Question 3: Will Rufus ever be the avatar announcing something? For example, will he be used to announce that the Halloween event has started, that sort of thing.
Here come the rumors from user "kaykeyser", you might enjoy answering them. biggrin
Rumor 1: Rufus can transform in to a human like catish form.
Rumor 2: Rufus has the power to fly.
Rumor 3: Rufus is addicted to DDR and likes to do a song he calls his Meow Mix.
Rumor 4: Rufus has no physical attraction to normal cats.
Rumor 5: Rufus has been offered movie rolls in Virtual Hollywood.
Rumor 6: Rufus refuses to eat birds or mice, he's strictly all about fish.
This last one I will throw in for the lul's.
Weird lul question 1: Rufus' love for fish has lead to a one sided romantic attraction to mermaids.

We need to work on the friendslist system first, the limit is still there

Not immediately, I think Rufus isn't getting enough love from everyone. We need more Gaians to change that wink

Very likely, Rufus can be convincing at times

All rumors are false except for #2 biggrin

NOT TRUE, I KNOW TWENTY PEOPLE WHO LOVE RUFUS!!!!1111!!!!!111!!!
Emm, hmm.
Uh, thanks for answering, although Narumi gave me different answers.D:

Well matter of perspective, he flew a good 30 feet when Lanzer thew him for scratching up the leather in his car..a fight about caviar or something .

(he wasn't harmed, he has a knack for landing on his feet)

Lanzer
Yulister
Any plans for a manly item/hair store update soon?

Will there be any more tiger items in the future? ninja

What would you say is your current favorite song?
I thought my hair is pretty manly. biggrin

Outside of the mount? I sure hope so. It is CP's favorite animal

There isn't a song for eating desert, is there?

Narumi Misuhara
Jayce Reinhardt
#1 Any chance of getting a Rig or some mood bubbles from DrinkyTengu?

#2 Are we getting any new author sponsorships on Gaia?

#3 There are some new movies coming out, are you looking forward to any of them?

#4 Do you know when the new $10 EI or the next RIG might be coming out, Waiting for good things isn't easy. User Image

#5 Can I be a writer for Gaia? I have examples, one in my journal. pirate

#6 In the case that #5 is a no, can I be an NPC then? lol

#7 Can we get more steampunk items and tophats?

2. Not that I'm aware, we do have book sponsors coming up but I don't know what they all are so possible o.O?

3. Ooooo I want to see Surrogates, 2012, The Princess and the Frog....

Sorry I don't have answers for the other questions Jayce sad

Lanzer
Gloria Kyrie
Hi you guys!

So tomorrow's my birthday, I'll be 21. What did you do for your 21st birthday? :3

So, the summer event is over, now comes Halloween. Will it be the interactive plot that was asked for? And will it actually extend pass Halloween? I'd love it if we actually had a story again, not just an opening for an event. >>;;

Thank you for the hair and eyes! Please let whoever worked on them know that this pixel junkie is extremely grateful!! heart

I ran for 21 miles... not really. I don't impose gift giving on my friends so I just organize a birthday dinner just to hang out.

We plan to involve more plots and story, but other details haven't been set yet

Lanzer
rubyaileen
Okay just checking to see if any progress is being made on having the ability to upgrade our fishing rods. Generally I give a few a way when I make a trophy run to newbs to encourage them to fish. But I am fresh out and September is coming and well I need some to give away. *LOL*

Any news on when or if links to the other lakes will be accessible from other than the (unused) maps?

Also any status on the ability to move soulbound items to our closets?

As always thanks for taking the time, to read and reply

We're still looking into fixing the upgrading problem, though no progress yet. Sorry.

The newer games landing page should be out anytime now, I saw an early mock-up last week.

That is also a bug that we need to look into, I've been asking, but have to wait a bit longer. We're focused on a new search system also.

SimplySimone
I_Illusion
*catches up on ATA*

Yay Simone is here! =D *Puts on a samurai outfit and stands in the shadows*
*Jumps out in a samurai cat outfit*
>D I'm a samurai pizza cat! >D I have your free pizza right here! You can tip me with cookies! ;D

Don't remind me of school... D= It's September 8th for me, which I'm shock it's the latest any school for my whole life have ever started.

Questions!
1. How much spam do you get in Pm's per week?
2. Will the Halloween event this year continue the tradition of righting other races? And having to go shop to shop to trick or treating?
3. So I've been noticing a lot.. And I mean A LOT! Of old petition items, and old items from the past finally being put into the system which is pleasing mostly everyone. Are you guy's going to continue more often? Because it will be nice to see more highly petitioned item's being made more often.

Mmmm....we should make cookie pizza. LOL

I get so many PMs a week, it's crazy, but I don't get much spam at all. So, that's nice.

Lanzer
Kunai Jones
I'd love to get more foreground/background items like this Reve Rouille light. They're amazing, and make for very versatile combinations.

Here's a mock-up I made:

User Image

Are any things like this in the works? I was thinking a glowing crystal ball, a peaceful underwater scene with sunlight from above, things like this. The possibilities are endless, and I'd love to see more. It brings a whole new dimension to avatar creation on this site, and makes avatars so much more evocative.

Most likely, this is just the first time we come up with the idea, there's a good chance we'll expand on it.

pirula
Electric fusion
Hello, Long time ATA lurker, first time poster. ninja
Questioen:

Is it possible that an interactive realtionship with an NPC (lolthatsoundedwrong) can be established? Be it a compliment, (I like your __Item__, it matches your eyes) A pick-up line depending on the character's sexuality (Devin: Sooo.... do you want to....do something...?) Maybe even an invite to hang out... (Liam: Dude! You and I could, like, TOATALLY lift weights together!) Would this be possible, or even plausible?

Bonus fun question: What's your favortie Video game to play?

I personally LOVE Fallout 3.

i just played through that game a couple weeks ago -- also loved it !!! the combo of old-timey music and post-apocalypse setting really does it for me smile I keep meaning to go back and explore some of the decisions I could have mad differently (I was basically a really really mean bad person the whole way through).

pirula
Felix Virgo
pirula
Felix Virgo
Felix Virgo
Three questions

1) Will Meriko be getting any extra help with the unisex project? Because it seems she's having to go extraordinarily slow and she's a contract worker, to my understanding.

2) Is the Catastrophe EI a proof-of-concept test? If so, I wish Reapersun all the patience in the world

3) Lanzer or any dev in this thread - would you kindly rate my avatar?

EDIT - NECESSARY QUESTION 4) Could we get someone to revamp the stickies and rules in Avatar Arena Forum? Too many misplaced threads and lots of confusion going on for newbie entries.

back from page 6

I like your avi, but that is the only question I can answer! I give it a 9 out of 10. I like the way you combined setting, clothes & props - it kindof tells a story. (I reserve 10s for avi's that I am like "holy @#&* I did not know you could do that with an avatar!" wink

Lol

But alas, 4 is ... well, it's your area xP

well, I wouldn't take my opinion too seriously cause the only times i have entered the arena i got creamed (and now im too scared to ask for ratings) there are lots of different styles on gaia, which is what makes it so great.

Lanzer
Princess-Orphelia
Hi everyone, and hello Lanzer. biggrin
Lanzer, any chance that you'll be adding a tank any time soon?
So that you can get more invitations to Booty grab threads? blaugh
Please post your tanks in here everyone.. 3nodding

ADAMS BG thread. biggrin

I'm a terrible pet owner. I wouldn't want to be my own pet. biggrin

Narumi Misuhara
Esper Shiva
1) Any more gaia movies coming soon
2) Did anyone see Ponyo yet?
3) Are Sam & Liam officially going out or will there be a comic to answer that?

1. No idea
2. OMG YES! it was amazing.
3. No idea

pirula
Profane Chaos
Does Qixter ever pop in for AtA?

I haven't seen him here (at least not on the days I come) but I think he is usually pretty responsive in the zomg forums.

Lanzer
I dont want waffles

Yes I streaked all the way from my bathroom to my shower once...

I generally am scared to listen to slow music that puts me to sleep, otherwise I like a wide variety of popular stuff including Jpop and Kpop.

A lot of the ideas are from CP, though many other artists have their individual ideas too.

The cookie is not real!

Lanzer
Help The Bombardier
Hey, it's the Ask the Admin! I always forget this thread.
Hmm, the only question I can remember wanting to ask is what about Titan's Legacy? Have you guys just given up on that?

CP promised to evolve that soon, though I agree that it's been quite a while... :O

Lanzer
Cougar_The_Shell_Bullet
Mr Lanzer, I got a question. What about the fishing trophies from the end of 2007 that never got passed out? Are we ever going to be getting them eventually or have we, who worked so hard fishing during those months, just wasted an entire month of our lives and going to get screwed out of what we worked so hard for and expected to receive for our accomplishment? gonk

I'll check with the admin team on this, I thought all the trophies had been granted?

Lanzer
LeMuffinOfPlusOneSproing
Happy Monday to you too!

My question is when will we be able to see all our inventory when we want to trade something? You can only see 800 items and, of course, they are never the items I need to trade. Any agenda on that problem? Thanks for reading this!

Uh oh...

We originally wanted to have an item sorting feature but that got delayed, and it ended up affecting the trading feature since the limit is still there. A quick fix might be to initiate a way to start a trade from the inventory page. I'll ask about that when I get a chance.

Narumi Misuhara
Mighty Lynn
Narumi Misuhara
Mighty Lynn
oh and an answer to your question lanzer
no im not happy about going back to shcool. I dont want to go back to a place where most of the teachers live under the school. To creepy for me. XD

Rumor has it we may be doing a mini event that may make going back to school a tad more fun wink

ohhhh, i hope everyone has time to participate, with the homework load and stuffs

Pffft, when it doubt, get your teacher hooked! rofl

Gaia offers something for everyone wink

Lanzer
Galvatron
Is there a way we can get a list of the artists and what EIs/MCs (at least) they've done? It's pretty heavily-requested.

Some artists do want anonymity so we didn't end up publishing a list, the other reason is just that we're a little dis-organized right now. We should get to being able to share the artists behind EI items, but MC's are even tougher because even when it's done by one artist, the ideas and sketches are often done by others.

Narumi Misuhara
Jayce Reinhardt and Darkening Flash
[long convo about the ups and downs of Users becoming NPCs]

Would be cool to have a user story submission contest... winners entry is used in the main storyline and gets an item of some sort o.O

...but that decision doesn't lie with me...just throwing that out there smile

I'm out for the night, hope to see you guys at the game tomorrow!

Lanzer
sasamiblue
What kinds of games did you play as a kid?
Did you have a big imagination? Did you ever use the Gaia plotline concepts in your childhood or early pen and paper role play days?
Does Gaia really have a secret inspector [this word linked to a GCD topic that has since been deleted. eek -Platonix] And can a virus realty be spread from accepting friend requests?
Gaia’s 1st plot was the story of what happened after Gambino’s home blew up and he spent that one Christmas all alone and homeless and Gino had lost his memory…will that story ever be combined as a manga and archived with the others?

Who do you think would be a good girl friend for Gino?
Are we going for Sasha who should return to Ian since I have no clue why she’s dating him? Go for the Von Helson sisters? Or should he date some one new?

Do you have any new Orphan, S-corp, Zurg or G-corp based plots planned?

When will guilds be able to use gold on more then just buying new forums? And what are the next set of guild updates planed to be?

Will mini comics from EIs and cash shop items be added to the Mini comic section?
And why do you have time to do item comics but not mini comics for the mini comic section?

Crappy ones, if you're asking about video games. biggrin

My big imagination only comes after a big meal, and I ate very little as a kid biggrin

No but you better not click on a link made to look like a Gaia link but is actually something posted by another user

Probably not that particular one, we have a lot more stories to tell...

Zurg, zombie, and vampire related plots will keep coming back, but not necessarily pertaining to specific characters. We're trying to be more NPC focused, and we're definitely going to create more NPC also.

It's great seeing so many Gaians on today's ATA. Have a great week and we'll see you next Monday!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
August 31st

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

The save outfit feature was stuck at bug fixing for some time now, but hopefully it'll be out this week. Thanks for everyone's patient. Meanwhile, we have a back-to-school event coming out soon, and we'll be sharing more details later this week also.

You guys heard that Marvel got bought by Disney? It'll be weird if one day we start seeing Mickey Mouse hanging out with the X-Men. biggrin

Lanzer
Chief Bael
User Image

Question 1:
Is it true that saved outfits are coming out this week?

Question 2:
Can we expect a direct link from Gaia's new navbar to the "My Clan" homepage?

Question 3:
What happened to Camp Chaos? Is it over, and who won?
Weren't there supposed to be additional events? If not, what can we expect in the future?

That's the plan! Well that was the plan last week also. biggrin

We're making additional changes to make the nav bar easier to use. Until then, we should have a customizable shortcut feature that should help you get your favorite pages in one place.

Camp chaos isn't a competition, just like real summer camps, no trophies for throwing the most number of pranks. Back-to-school mini-event is coming up

Lanzer
MrsrachaelSnape
Hello lanzer,

my questions are:

1. Is [NPC] Stein a new shop owner or a NPC what will be in a plot later on?

2. Do you have mules you use to just relax on Gaia?
We have new NPC for the new stores actually, soon to be announced!

I relax as Lanzer, while the mules are for testing only, no relaxation there

Lanzer
Inu_Hero
Hi Lanzer and Devs! : D

I have questions! ^^

1. Will Salon Durem be getting any haircuts similar to the "Sasuke" haircut the "Orinkage Hurricane!" has? Like spiky or straight A-line haircuts? : D

2. Will you be playing softball again with the Gaian's Gone Wild team? I missed the last game! :<

3. Would you ever own a Tribble from Star Trek?

Thank you! User Image
Sasuke's hair would be cool, I'd like to see it too!

I better get my batting average up before I show up and possibly ruin our chance of winning! biggrin

Those things are freaky! It's like a broken dog's tail. :O

Narumi Misuhara
Zweizi Galon
Okay, I gotta do it again. Here's a question for everyone in this thread, staff or regular users:

Out of these 4 NPCs previewed at conventions years ago, only Sam has been released.

From left to right, numbered 1. 2. and 3. which would you like to see released the most out of those three, and what role would you have them play if released?

ex: Shopkeep, zOMG! NPC, Mini-Game NPC, etc.

User Image

I'd say 2 for a mini-game npc ...Air Pirates anyone?

Lanzer
R ufus L anzer
User Image
Hello Lanzer, I’m posting on my new favorite mule to celebrate the fifth time the Rufus fan thread has posted in AtA!~

Question 1: Do you like the mule?
Question 2: Will we ever see more of Mister Rufus and Neko Ian? They seem like the kind of characters you would want to expand on.
Question 3: Why did you have to sex up Rufus so that this mule could be born?
Question 4: Will we get more Rufus related items? Maybe a NPC I am item?

User Image
Here are some question from Ian Bar and Grill owner Jayce Reinhardt.
#1 Any chance of getting a Rig or some mood bubbles from DrinkyTengu?
#3 There are some new movies coming out, are you looking forward to any of them?
#4 Can I be a writer for Gaia? I have examples, one in my journal.
#5 In the case that #5 is a no, can I be an NPC then?
#6 Can we get more steampunk items and tophats?
#7 Is the Dark Reflection going to be continued for Halloween?

Why yes! Looks awfully familiar

It's like a freak of nature, never meant to have happened...

Why not sex up anything?

Probably not related to an event. More stories are likely

Narumi Misuhara
Jayce Reinhardt
*passes out doughnuts to everyone who is in here or is waiting*

Will the Devs Celebrate "Talk like a pirate day" like last year?

Yarrrrrr

Narumi Misuhara
Legend
Hey Narumi Misuhara! What do you think about Disney buying Marvel?

Can you think of any good that can come out of this?
I still remember when Enix bought Squarsoft ...back then I was like ...no good will come of this, well boy was I wrong. So put simply seems like a strange partnership to me, but hey, sometimes those are the best ones. biggrin

Lanzer
Zweizi Galon
Good evening Lanzer and staff! And welcome back for another exciting week of "Ask the Admin"! biggrin

Tonight I'd like to ask these questions. Any staff member feel free to offer up your answers.

1) Of the recent 'Dark Reflection' item, a character pair that the public has fallen for is Mister Rufus and Neko Ian, which are supposed to be the dark counterparts to Ian and Rufus the Cat.

Now, I posted a thread with a poll asking users if they would rather have Mister Rufus & Neko Ian or Ian & Rufus the Cat as the shopkeeps for the Barton Boutique, and shockingly enough, Mister Rufus & Neko Ian are winning!

Now, throughout the thread, users posted saying that they liked this idea:

Mister Rufus & Neko Ian somehow escape from the Dark Mirror/Reflection. After escaping, they flee to Halloweentown and open up their own shop. As far as plot potential, I would think it would be obvious. A showdown between the pairs!

My first question is, if there's enough support, could Mister Rufus and Neko Ian have their own shop?

User Image

2) Oftentimes Gaia will create NPCs, use them here or there, then forget about them until fans ask for more of them. One NPC that I saw used years in a row though, and even made an appearance in the official manga, was the Gambino family bodyguard, Bucho.

My second question is, whatever happened to Bucho?

User Image

3) Now, I want you to think back...waaaaaay back, back when there were the original plans for Gaia's "Battle System" and TONS of new NPCs were created, while only few were ever released to see the light of day, such as Sam, Edy and Louie. One NPC which was shown at conventions was a powerful looking female ninja, wrapped in red and blue scarves, suggesting she is tied to Gaia's fictional ninja clan, the Chyaku Norisu.

However, as you may have guessed, she was never released. However, one of the new Login pages shows this unreleased NPC.

So my third question is, will this NPC ever be released?

User Image

4) There has been so much work done for the NPCs of Gaia lately, so first I wanted to thank you. It's nice to see NPCs getting avatars, or new avatars, new shop artwork, doll and costume items, and Profile work done.

However, one NPC who has gotten zero attention amongst all this hubbub is [NPC] Josie.

An account was made for Josie, but it still has a starting/n00B avatar. She has gotten no doll item in an RIG, no artwork upgrade, no Profile work, hell, her "Talk To" phrases still haven't been re-added to the Housing Commission, and her shop isn't even grouped with the rest of the shops, missing from the Shops tab. sad

I know other NPCs such as Meredith are even worse off, but at least Josie's fans are active and passionate about her! crying

So my last question for tonight is; when will Josie EVER get some love?? heart

User Image

The two of them will have to fight through a host of other cool NPC and designs to see who will be some of the new NPC that will be introduced on Gaia. wink

Bucho is still employed by Gambino, otherwise I see a future in him fighting in the cage of UFC

Often characters show up as somebody no different than an extra in a popular movie. Remember that Gaia is a powerhouse in designs and creativity, so really cool characters could just be another passer-by... unless enough Gaians ask for more.

Narumi Misuhara
Xikar
Reposting just in case it got over looked

With the Dark Reflection we get a glimpse into the Mirror Gaia, could this lead into the Halloween Event? With maybe some this worlds characters entering Mirror Gaia, or vice-versa, with some sort big evil plan for Dimensional conquest involved.

Any answers Admins? Developers? Lanzer?!

rofl You really think our writers plan that far ahead. rofl J/k wink

Lanzer
This is Exodus
1. Where's the cheese can item? Taerinn (The Cookie Whore Pirate) and I (The Blood of Ravens) are honestly waiting for it. Did you even consider it? (We changed our usernames, so you know.)

2. Have you ever considered anniversary rewards? Nothing huge but nothing small either. Just something to show your active users you are grateful they stuck around. If they've been active for over six months and it just happens to be their anniversary they get a gift or something.

3. Do you know when the next gold shop update will be?

4. Have you ever thought of a health forum? As a sub forum for the Lifestyle Discussion. There is usually quite a few health questions that arise and because no one is entirely sure where to go they post them in the LD. I'm pretty sure they should be posted in the Life Issues sub forum but if we had a Health Discussion sub forum then we could move the few (there could possibly be more, I haven't counted) disease support topics I've noticed into the health sub form also and people with questions about their health could be placed there too. I dunno, it was just an idea I'd like to toss out there for you. sweatdrop

Thank you and I hope you all enjoy your day! 3nodding

Cheese making is a very time consuming process!

Yeah kind of like the anniversary sash, we think of more anniversary items constantly. Don't be surprised if you see more.

Sorry, Juno probably know the date better than I do. We'll probably introduce the new stores and NPC before the new item update.

A lot of what we try to avoid is to have the wrong advice given to Gaians with health problems, that's what hold me back a while back. We can build the forum, just want to make sure that Gaians seek the right answer when it comes to health problems.

Narumi Misuhara
I dont want waffles
I'm hungry. Where's Simone with Waff's nachos cookies ?

Speaking of Nacho's has anyone tried the volcano nachos from Taco Bell?

I have not, anygood?
Narumi Misuhara
I dont want waffles
Inu_Hero
You had to mention food... D< Now I'm hungry. D:

Good thing I bought a dark chocolate bar at Rite Aid today. : D *gets it and munches on it*

And no, I haven't tried the volcano nachos at Taco Bell. o.o
I was getting worried since no one had brought up food yet.

ooooh.choco...*grabby hands*

Only downside with the nachos is they NEVER put enough jalepinos. I like spicy.
hmmm, maybe I'll buy some on the way home... and some Krispy Kremes... See what you guys have done to me! ...Noooooooooooooooo!!!

Lanzer
Koro Loco
Hallo there everyone. My First AtA~
Well what questions have I got to send your way here now...
One thing I've been curious about if anyone over there has ever considered making the angelic/demonic earmuffs into Gaia Store items for us to wear in real life? That would be cool. And warm. A contradiction! >.>
I'm sure there things have been asked time again about when is -blank- NPC going to get more attention, but the ones I'm partucularily interested in are Meredith, Peyo, and Geebus (he showed up in the Masquerade manga, and he's always amused me).
Regarding Meredith and her bank, will we ever be able to deposit gold into a savings? A Devil Imp obviously though he should be able to in the manga. At least some art of her in the trades section? Actually, are there any near future plans for revamping the trades layout at all?
And as far as Peyo goes, the most we know about him is his unhealthy affinity for ducks, and his uncanny ability to grow a beard. Are there any specific plans for him? Are you Peyo's father?
And some more random questions..
Have you ever tried to lick you elbow?
Can you put one or more of you feet behind your head?
What would be your favorite animal, fantasy or otherwise, to use as a primary function of transportation?
If I dare you to do something, will you do it? --& I dare you to do three somersaults in a row whilst singing twinkle twinkle little star.
Hm, well that's what I've got.. For now. Thank you. ^.^

A lot of the merchandise ideas had been put on hold because there isn't anyone making new ones anymore. Hope that'll change in the near future.

NPC focus usually go with popularity, and so a lot depends on user support. At the same time, there will be more character and NPC in the Gaia world, so I can't guarantee focus for all NPC, expect for all Gaians to petition for their favorite NPC, but better yet, check out the new NPC's also and see if there are any new favorites.

Lanzer
Ruus
Concerning the new shops said to be released, this is what we users know so far. One shop, which is supposed to be a Thrift Store where an old junkyard was, is said to be ran by Carl the Elk. Another shopkeeper is rumored to be a 'familiar face', which really could mean anything. And recently, a new NPC named Stein has been discovered.

So, regarding the new shops, I must ask:

1. How many new shops are being released?
2. Can you give us any hints as to who the 'familiar face' is, said to be running one of the new shops?
3. Will [NPC] Stein be running a new shop as well?

User Image User Image

Two stores so far

It's not an animal smile It'll be a guy, but it's not Stein

I'm not sure what Stein is here for actually. biggrin

Lanzer
Ichijin Oroshi
HEY LANZER.

lol idk if you'd remember me, I gave you and DJ hellsing cookies at the Otakon panel, I was dressed as cooking mama. (I had a spatula. XD)

Anyways, about when do you think the new stores are going to open up?

AND GINO SD PLUS DOLL.

Y/Y?

Probably in two weeks. Maybe three. Not that many new items will be released on first launch though.

Lanzer
Black Magnolia
Hey there!
Wasnt it hot the last few days? D : I went swimming, but it didnt help. What did you do to beat the heat?
Also... Can we have another user created item contest? PLEAASE?

It was really hot and humid for San Jose. I used the A/C for the second time this year :O

Lanzer
heavenly Riot
Good evening Lanzer and all~
I usually lurk but I actually have questions today, so heres my first ever AtA post!

1. Are you allowed to say who the Hidden Ace's artist is? If so, who is it? I have my own theories *shifty eyes*.

2. When will the new shops be rolled out? This week? Next week? Any time in the foreseeable future? Also can you give a hint as to who the other shopkeeper besides Carl will be?

3. What has been your favourite RIG theme thus far?

4. If you could wake up fluent in any ONE language what would it be?

Heh, it was Vo

Hopefully in two weeks

I love the chest idea, but it was originally meant for something else.

Japanese, but that's if I get to keep my other languages. smile

Narumi Misuhara
Xikar
Last time I'll post this

With the Dark Reflection we get a glimpse into the Mirror Gaia, could this lead into the Halloween Event? With maybe some this worlds characters entering Mirror Gaia, or vice-versa, with some sort big evil plan for Dimensional conquest involved.
I don't know the actual answer to this, what our writers are up to is a mystery to most of us haha, but get some threads going about this because if enough people are for it, anything can happen. wink

Lanzer
sasamiblue
Thank you for making Liam a girl in the new RIG his fan club will love you forever! All the mirror world NPCs rock! Did you swap the idea from my old thread about Bizaro Gaia (link long lost don’t ask for it)? Anyhow, Kanoko, she needs more loveso what’s going to happen next? Will the lost cat ever be found? Will Kanoko ever have a happy ending? Or a shot at her own shop? Will we be seeing more alternate Gaia in the plots? Like what if the others could come out of the mirror and invade?
Will RIG comics and RIG art get archived ?

What kinds of games did you play as a kid? Meaning games of imagination such as acting out your favorite movie or playing DnD or pretending to be a rich billionaire with a son and massive tower who battled vampires. I like to believe that Gaia was born in 1985 in the head of a grade school Lanzer while playing cops and robbers with his best buddy VO.
Gaia’s 1st plot was the story of what happened after Gambino’s home blew up and he spent that one Christmas all alone and homeless and Gino had lost his memory…will that story ever be combined as a manga and archived with the others?
Will mini comics from EIs and cash shop items be added to the Mini comic section?
And why do you have time to do item comics but not mini comics for the mini comic section?

I like the idea a lot too. It was a lot of fun seeing the alternate versions. It was all a crazy idea while new NPC moving forward will be fresh and original. There are no plans to archive RIG comics right now, they're a little too short to be meaningful I think...

I pretended to be crawling underneath our coffee table pretending that me and my sister were inside a sewer... that was back when I could actually fit underneath the coffee table! Imagine that. biggrin

Lanzer
I_Illusion
Hello! I have my questions ready! And no... Disney bought marvel? CRAP! Now that evil corporation will use marvel's superhero's for evil! And.. O.O... I rather not think about the super villian's...

1. How much longer till we see the lights of the new shops? 1 week? More... Less?
2. Are there any new "Gaia Hangouts" in the works? (Rally, Hollywood, ect.)
3. In the reverse Gaian world what do you think you might look like? And how do you think reverse you act?
4. Will any old cash shop items make a return to the shop? Because when you opened the shop you said that items would leave and come back. Are you guy's gonna make the items that left to come back or are they gonna be gone forever only to possibly make a reappearence in rigs?

1 - Hopefully in 2 weeks

2 - Yes, we're thinking of making some new ones. Not within weeks but maybe in a month or two.

3 - I'll probably be a very talented artist, drawing all day long and wouldn't know how to boot up a PC.

4 - There are no plans to bring back old CS items yet. Though they're not like MC where they're meant to be investments, so there's a chance that they might come back.

Have a great week everyone!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
September 14th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

Over the weekend I watched this one movie that is the absolute most ho-hum movie of the year, mediocre in every way. I don't even want to mention the name to prevent curious people from checking out the movie. biggrin What is the worst movie you've watched this year?

You know that summer's definitely over when every movie in the box office couldn't get more than 3 stars. smile

SimplySimone
scullylam

with the release of school uniforms here on gaia, which school would you attend? (also open to others in the thread to answer)
xd

Ooh, finally something I can answer! Although, it's not about Gaia. Oh well!
I would love to attend Stanford's MBA program, but it's insanely expensive!!!

Lanzer
Profane Chaos
*waves* Hi everyone! How y’all doing?

1) Will the links to fish in the other two lakes besides Bass’ken ever be fixed? Right now, the only way to get to them is the world map.
2) Did you do anything special for Alcohol day? (9/9/09)
3) Do any of you read webcomics? And if so, which ones?
4) What’s your least favorite flavor of ice cream?
5) Who worked on the comic in the latest announcement?
6) What was the most recent *facepalm* moment you had?
7) Out of curiosity, have any of you been diagnosed with any mental illnesses?
8 ) Butter or Margarine?

And now, the list of questions from the Hatsya fan thread. 8D
Enjoy.

Who created Hatsya? (Basically, who should we harass?)
What's her favorite snack?
Favorite type of road sign?
Zodiac sign?
How old is she?
Does she prefer cake or pie?
Where does Hatsya stand on the whole "Bald vs. Shaved" debate?
Does she think that the glass is half empty, or half full?
Does she have good taste in music?
Does she think Saiph is wimpy?
Why is her hair gray?
Does she prefer tape, or glue?
Which kind of fabric does she prefer, cotton or polyester?
Is she eco-friendly?
Does she read webcomics?
Can she fly?
Does she like milk?
What about the color fuchsia?
Can she recite the alphabet backwards?
Can she write poetry?
Does she have feelings for anyone?
Is Hatsya a Mac, or a PC?
Which weekday is her favorite?
What happened to her mother? Father?
If she was an ice cream cone, what flavor would she be?
Does she like rollercoasters? Merry-go-rounds? Swimming?
Can she run fast?
Does she play sports?
Does she have any pets?
Does she know any other stars in her constellation?
Is she the new shopkeep?
What's her favorite drink?
Favorite book?
Movie?
Does she like board games?
Why does she think the chicken crossed the road?
Can she do the Caramelldansen?
Can she sing?
Can Hatsya play any instruments?
Does she like origami?
Does she have any health problems?
Why is she the tough one, and FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND SACRED, WHY, OH WHY, ISN'T SHE MORE INVOLVED IN THE PLOT?!

Yes we will be adding links at the games page, funny it's taking a long time to just add a few links...

I'm blessed with the "asian glow", so whenever I drink I turn bright red. You can imagine what that means for me

Not really, still spend my time reading manga. Scanlations now days

Coconut

Narumi Misuhara
Yen Quest
-This is the first time we have a Back to School event. Why do we have it? And is it going to be a reoccuring event like some events (will we have it again next year)?

Hello everyone!

September as you all know is when everyone starts heading to school...and activity on Gaia slows down. To help keep the excitement going on Gaia we decided to try out doing a mini-event to tie people over until the Halloween event.

Whether we keep doing it will depend on how this one goes, if you guys like it and with enough participation we hope to be able to keep them going! biggrin

SimplySimone
Darkening Flash
SimplySimone
Good evening everyone! I didn't have time to bake, so I'll just have to pass out some plain ol' chocolate chips tonight.

I see you've all come armed with LOTS of questions! Geez, what a difference a week makes. smile

Hi Simone, you weren't here two weeks ago, I had to pass out fish cookies/doughnuts that were meant for Rufus. emo

Ooooh, sorry! I try to attend as often as possible, but sometimes I have to skip out. Thanks for covering though. Sorry to Rufus. sad

SimplySimone
I_Illusion
SimplySimone
I_Illusion
SimplySimone
Good evening everyone! I didn't have time to bake, so I'll just have to pass out some plain ol' chocolate chips tonight.

I see you've all come armed with LOTS of questions! Geez, what a difference a week makes. smile

OMG YOUR ACTUALLY HERE! =OOOOOOOOO
AND YOU BROUGHT COOKIES!
*Runs to hug you and steals some cookies*
I missed your hugs and cookies! crying

I'm here, I'm here. LOL Minus the cookies though. Just the chips tonight! *shrugs* But I still have hugs!!!

Oh.. I thought you said cookies.. D=
Well at least there's hugs.. UNLESS THE HUGS ARE A LIE ALSO! D=

That's okay, everyone else did too! LOL Just thought I'd mix it up a little.
The hugs are never a lie. Besides, I said I didn't have time to bake.

SimplySimone
R0KI
SimplySimone
ya its shayla
SimplySimone

nomnomnom...
Simone! you've changed! How adorable.... 3nodding

{I'm a PC}

Thanks! I saved my other outfit. I LOVE that feature!

I took to saving all my avis on tektek a year ago when I figured we'd never get this feature....I'm so impacient

I guess that's one way to do it. But I really like that all I have to do is click the outfit and then it equips everything automatically. I have/had so many Biancamellas equipped that it wasn't easy to recreate.

Lanzer
Yulister
When searching in the Marketplace, I will sometimes see some shoes that I like. Only to find out they are for females only. Any chances of a unisex update soon?

If a tragic accident ever befalls Lanzer, who would take over the site? Or would it just close?

What is your biggest Pet Peeve?

Any hints to what the Halloween event is going to be about?

Is there an actual king/queen of Gaia? Or will Gambino be the closest we get?

We've made items unisex for all items that were popular, leaving a bunch that were either less popular or ones that were made specifically for one gender. Further additions for unisex is going to take time unfortunately.

I think I'll be buried with the million dollars worth of servers, maybe like the Chinese king with the terra-cotta solders. biggrin Thousands of years later people will dig my grave up and ask "what are all these avatars?"

I can't stand the sound of chewing out loud >o<

Evil is on the lose again!

Narumi Misuhara
Xikar
Narumi Misuhara
Xikar
Repost

Hello Admins and Lanzer.

First let me direct your attention to this thread with many ideas for a possible Halloween Event
Halloween Speculation 2009 This thread has been working for a few weeks on ideas for a very creepy and plot involved Halloween Event instead of a simple "Lets fight each other".

We are already working on the Halloween event! I can't give out any details about it though xp

Can you at least say if its deeply plot based with a lot of speculation (with similar questions like "Who was the sniper?!" and such) or will it be a simple event that comes and goes?

Sorry I can't, I can say I think this years event will be one of our most ambitious events in a long while. biggrin

Lanzer
Darkening Flash
User Image
Hello Lanzer, Rufus fan thread has no questions today, so here are some question from Ian Bar and Grill owner Jayce Reinhardt.

User Image

#1 Will we see some more items/cool monsters from DrinkyTengu?
#3 I heard California had some wildfires, were you guys affected?
#4 Can I be an NPC? If not can I be a SDPlus doll?
#5 Can we get more steampunk items and tophats?
#6 Is the Dark Reflection going to be continued for Halloween?
#7 Lately Gaia has been lacking in communication with it's users, are their any plans to improve this?

Yes, she's always hard at work on new items.

Well we're gonna have an interview with Tim Kring, but he's obviously not a book author. Do screen-writer count? biggrin The publishers really like what we did for them and I'm sure there will be more authors appearing in Gaia in the near future.

The closest thing to wild fire is that I had a BBQ last weekend. But actually there was a wild fire just 5, 6 miles away from where we were. Being inside an industrial area we can't really be affected though. We're surrounded by too much concrete.

Narumi Misuhara
asapisaiah5
Why Am I Still A Hooky Team Captain? AND WHY ARE PEOPLE IGNORING ME? JUST BECAUSE IM FAT?

details on your forum title can be found in this thread. As for why people are ignoring... you'll have to ask them xd

SimplySimone
Profane Chaos
I made whole-wheat oatmeal cookies today.

They tasted like cardboard. .___.

Oh, that's unfortunate. Perhaps more sugar and less baking time would help?!? biggrin

Lanzer
ya its shayla
1. I spend an insane amount of my weekly salary on gaia cash
(i dont mind, its like paying to golf, play paintball, or go to the movies)
BUT, I have been unable to 'score' two items from the RIGS: Kitten star & Brennivin
What ARE the drop rates on such items? Will future RIGS contain more of them?

2. Why give away all the zomg items now? What will happen to all the loot & recipes now & in the future?

3. How about an item that lets us be an "I am" poses of all the fluff plushies in zOMG.
This would be soooo fun in the game.

4. Can we have more glowing things like angelic/demonic pendant, pitchfork/staff, etc?
Something for the head or ankles would be superb!

That's a tough one, since many of the artists (but mainly CP) sit down and figure out how the RIGs work and the chances.

There are a bunch of testing and stuff related to the fact that zOMG is still beta testing. There will be more changes and adjustments in the future, and do expect new ones to come.

That sounds like a question for Qixter, I'll need to ask him about that

Yeah the angelic and demoic themes are definitely gonna have a come-back

SimplySimone
I dont want waffles
Is Gaia HQ reinforced with one of those spiffy earthquake shaker structure things, so it'll remain standing, when the big one hits?

Most of the buildings in California are reinforced for earthquakes. Damage is fairly minimal, especially in corporate buildings. Older homes are a different story.

Lanzer
Inu_Hero
Hi Lanzer and Devs!

I hope you all had a great memorial day weekend! User Image

Questions:

1. A few weeks back, you mentioned that the "Search" function would be updated soon. Will only the "Search" function under "Forums" be updated or ALL of the search functions be updated?

2. In "Customize Me", will we be able to save more than four outfits in the future? If so, will we have to pay Gaia Cash or have the option of paying a certain amount of gold for extra outfit slots?

3. Is there any plans to rerelease the "SDPlus #201 Lanzer Doll" out of Cash Shop items like the Dark Reflection again or is it retired SDPlus doll now? D:

4. Lanzer, on Halloween, will be wearing one of your Bee Suits? xD If not, what are you going to be for Halloween on Gaia? Are you also planning on dressing up for Halloween in real life? If you are, what are you planning to dress up as?

Thank you! : D

We're working hard on the search feature, but it's much more complicated than we think and it's going to take a while longer...

Yeah, there will be upgrades to get more slots. We need to make sure that we don't blow up the servers by having a feature that write to the database that much more often. Haven't figured out how to upgrade yet, a easy way is to just make a cash shop thing, but we definitely want to have a fun way for all users to get to upgrade.

The fate of the Lanzer doll rest in the hands of CP, I don't know what'll happen to my miniature self next!

Last year I dressed up as a sumo wrestler (in real life), I don't know what I'll be yet...

SimplySimone
RyanJakobi
User Image

Be patient, folks...

Hell, I've been asking about the Pikachu for FIVE YEARS now. You folks can wait a few minutes or so, can't ya?

Haha! That's no lie. Poor Ryan!!

Lanzer
UPC Leen
Heh, my first AtA xd *waves to Lanzer & co.* biggrin

-Why doesn't the Number 2 Pencil have a behind-the-ear pose? crying
-Any plans to bring back the rest of the H2K4 Labtechs or at least expand on their backstories? I just caught up with all that stuff and now I reeeally want more of it. (Having first joined in April 04...you could say I'm a little behind the times. xp )
-How many friendslist requests do you get per day?
-When you reveal something plot-wise that ties in with previous aspects, was it planned when you first introduced the aspect, or do you make things up as you go along? (The recent revelations about Labtech X, for example; did you know all along?)
-If some of my questions go unanswered, is it okay to re-ask them in a future AtA?
-This one is for Lanzer specifically: does your habit of wearing the G Pin indicate Gambino support?
-When is Gino gonna get a haircut? gonk
-Why do so many announcements come out long after the "news" has become old? (Like how the Verizon bottles in aquariums were "announced" about a month after they first started appearing...?)
-Is the engraving feature ever coming back?
-Do you like my idea for an in-world Gaian search engine (in my signature)?

Because... Gaians have big ears?

Yikes, well originally we planned on having a new theme every year, so that's why we've been hopping between different stories, themes and characters. We'll keep all the zombies, vampires, and aliens in mind on this year's event, but it might not be zombie based anymore.

Not that much, actually, that's partly based on the fact that our system has this silly limitation of 500 people. Once we fixed that I might have a much bigger list :O

Most of the time, plot are planned and changed along with user feedback and perception, so actually, we're not masters who have a grand plot going, but we're channeling the voices of you guys to help craft the story.

Yeah definitely, even old questions can be asked.

Nope, the G pin signifies the G in Gaia gold. Although our logo officially changed to a lower case now so that kind of confused things a bit.

Lanzer
Yen Quest
Let me think... I didn't watch any movie this year. None of the new ones in theaters, I think. gonk

1. Are we not going to get the monthly goldshop items update this month because we're getting 2+ new NPCs shop owners (not human, and familiar face NPC) added to the shop directory?

2. This is the first time we have a Back to School event. Why do we have it? And is it going to be a reoccurring event like some events (will we have it again next year)?

3. Gaia's mostly about updating its current features this year. Is there any major plans for new big feature for the coming year?

My goodness people, trying to hog all the AtA with your 5+ questions?

I think there might be a slight delay, but I'm not sure, as that part depends greatly on the schedules of everything else that we're doing

Overall, we're trying to have more events of varying sizes, but while holiday events remain the same in size and scope, smaller events might come and go

Nope, we're really sticking with focus on community and enhancements this year. Some new features within forum, but no big and brand new stuff.

Lanzer
Acid Grinder
Lanzer, will we ever see you in a storyline comic again? If so, will any other Mods or Artists be in it?

Yeah, it's when the idea works with using Gaia staff as the sacrificial lamb. biggrin

Lanzer
asapisaiah5
OOH! My First ATA! Woot!
OK, Down To Business.
1. What Is It Like To Go To The Gaia-Con And Have All Those People Cheering For You?
2. Do You Think Gaia Should Have A "Day Of Nostalgia" Where Everything Looks Like It Did In 2003?
3. Im Wondering If Another EI Bundle Will Come Out Soon, Even With Another Opposite Version Of A EI, Like Death Mumble From zOMG Manga, Would You Look Forward To This?!

Usually it feels surreal. Never thought of being in a room with a thousand people cheering for something we made. biggrin

Well we'll need to slow down the site, make sure that pages don't load for 20 seconds at a time, and saving avatars would crash the site when too many people dress up at once. biggrin

Yes, CP's been talking about it.

Lanzer
Hoshioni
0.can you add a feature that makes a preview picture thing as part of trades to help us artist sell art better and prevent disputes?????

1.can you make a feature that allows an optional binding of an item(s) to you with a seperate password???
so that hackers cant steal them from you as easy killing the motavation for hackers to want to steal from you or at the very least make it harder

3.and can you do the neopets thing and make a ton of differnt interactive
flash games *wiether 1 or more player* that people could play for reasonable
amounts of gold so to help balence out the marketplace inflation??and grant
items based off skill versers time consumption or money alone..(ive played
all the games of neopets there generaly basic but well drawn games ), ones that
utilized the avatar system to provide sprites would be great.
*as seen here, a customiseable battle robot game*

User Image

4.a way to change the outward apperence of the gaiahomes to maximise the customability.*and kill monotomy of the towns*

5.will there be more user made item contests????if you had more I feel your users would be more happy.even if you made them a 3rd collectable item to help the costs then people will know they get the items they really want.

5.what if you sold real items, giveing out a little gaia cash with the purchse
to intice more people to buy real items, and make more plushies of all
the pouplar pets.or asked gaians what sort of real merchindise they want?

6. who in gaia staff has that scarf obession~!??, theres a scarf for everything....even beacon...id like more capes *a black and light blue trim
to match me would be great and flame hakama. (or a recolor of the old flame
pants to at least have the nice colors but the same old shape i love)*

Yes but not immediately. Trading do need some major overhaul. Hope we can get to it soon

Once we get through with the community features we'll put more time into the fun features. zOMG made us focused on one game instead of many in the past year and a half.

Yes, we're going to re-make Gaia home and also change the way Gaia Towns work pretty soon. It's only reasonable that Gaians should be able to be neighbors with their friends very easily, along with adding more customize options.

We're just missing enough people to run the contest events. But it's something that I definitely want to do more, yes.

That idea had been floating around, though it's unlikely to happen, since we haven't been making real life merchandise for a while.

Great talking to everyone today. See you all next week!
*hyperventilates* I'm in this threeeeead~ *squeals* I has posterity! (I'm UPC Leen. About six hours ago, I transferred the username to a mule. 3nodding )

Erm, sorry if people aren't supposed to post. sweatdrop

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
September 21st

Lanzer
Hey did everyone got to check out the Tim Kring interview? How many of Gaians here are fans of Heroes by the way?

Let's get started with today's ATA, I can't wait to see the season premier myself. biggrin

Narumi Misuhara
Inu_Hero
Hello Lanzer and Devs!

Questions:
4. What is your favorite breakfast cereal?

Hello everyone, I Love Heroes! biggrin

Apple Jack...mmmmmmm

Lanzer
Profane Chaos
*dances* w00t. Copy/pasted the Hatsya question list from last time, added on a few.

Heroes is awesome, by the way. X3

What's Hatsya's favorite snack?
Favorite type of road sign?
Zodiac sign?
How old is she?

Does she prefer cake or pie?
Where does Hatsya stand on the whole "Bald vs. Shaved" debate?

Does she think that the glass is half empty, or half full?
Does she have good taste in music?
Does she think Saiph is wimpy?
Why is her hair gray?

Does she prefer tape, or glue?
Which kind of fabric does she prefer, cotton or polyester?
Is she eco-friendly?
Does she read webcomics?
Can she fly?
Does she like milk?
What about the color fuchsia?
Can she recite the alphabet backwards?
Can she write poetry?
Does she have feelings for anyone?
Is Hatsya a Mac, or a PC?
Which weekday is her favorite?
What happened to her mother? Father?
If she was an ice cream cone, what flavor would she be?
Does she like rollercoasters? Merry-go-rounds? Swimming?
Can she run fast?
Does she play sports?
Does she have any pets?
Does she know any other stars in her constellation?
Is she stalking anybody?
What's her favorite drink?
Favorite book?
Movie?
Does she like board games?
Why does she think the chicken crossed the road?
Can she do the Caramelldansen?
Can she sing?
Can Hatsya play any instruments?
Does she like origami?
Does she have any health problems?
Has she ever been to therapy?
What’s her favorite genre of writing?

What color would her iPod be?
Does she prefer coffee, or tea?
What fabric are her clothes made of?
Why is she the tough one, and FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND SACRED, WHY, OH WHY, ISN'T SHE MORE INVOLVED IN THE PLOT?!

Site-related questions:

1) Do you play zOMG on your break time?
2) What was the last “WTF!” moment you had?
3) Did you celebrate Talk like a Pirate Day?

By the way I generally try to answer a max of about 3 questions per person so that I get to get to as many people as possible. In this case I don't know much about Hatsya, so I'll promptly skip to the last questions. sweatdrop

Yes I get on with my secret account smile

Oh I get plenty of WTF moments while I'm driving. biggrin

We actually went to a medieval festival last Saturday, and two of our friends dressed up like a pirate. There's actual jousting and other activities, then we played an archery game and I totally got hooked, and the next day I got myself a bow and some arrows. smile

Lanzer
Yulister
Never seen Heros smile

I've missed a lot of events (irl), being too distracted on Gaia. So I was wondering if there would be an addition to the site, that will IM/PM/Comment you with a reminder? With the option of setting the time and date you want it to be sent.

Is there any chance of color remakes of Gro-gain? smile I'd love to see blonde/brown/red/white hair grow too. I am a big fan of the item. Kudos to the artist, btw. User Image

There are reminder services out there, including calendars that can text message your cell phone with reminders, but on Gaia there are just reminders for some Gaia related stuff, not specifically a reminder service.

Grogain is an awesome idea. Though there are no plans for new Grogain products for now, there might be some in the future.

Narumi Misuhara
Brassy Hamuhamu
Hi Gaia staff! Three questions for you tonight:
2. Last School Survival Guide soon?

I actually don't know xd but the event doesn't end until the 28th so stay tuned!

Lanzer
I dont want waffles
when is Ethe going to return to Gaia?

When are the new stores going to be released?

Offically in October. It has to do with how work visa works in America.

Pretty soon, we're working on the items right now. No release dates yet, sorry.

Lanzer
Acid Grinder
Lanzer, when was the last time you visited gaia towns or any of the other virtual worlds?
Also, where's RyanJakobi's pikachu?

It's been a while, last time was 2 weeks ago. I should revive the "live ATA" that happens in Towns at the same time.

Good question, I think someone might have took it... had many toddlers visiting the office lately eek

Lanzer
Inu_Hero
Hello Lanzer and Devs!

Questions:

1. Who updates the "gaiaonline" Twitter page?

2. Since the Gaian's Gone Wild softball team is an OFFICIAL softball team, will we be seeing team pictures of them in the near future? : D

3. How are the new shops coming along? I can't wait to see Carl the Elk! ^^

4. What is your favorite breakfast cereal?

Ty! ^^

Admins and some other Gaia staff members all help out with that page.

Heh, the team is official but the members change very often depending on people's schedules. We do have photos that we can share though, I'll dig them up. biggrin

Soon! Hopefully within two weeks.

Lucky Charms! Among many other ones. I'm a sucker for cereal.

Lanzer
Kestin Sha
Hi again! I've had a username change from last time, but I'm still the crazy admin stalker erm...person you've never heard of biggrin

-What does Johnny K.'s middle initial stand for? The world must know!
-Gino needs a haircut. OBLIGE.
-I still want to know: do you like my Gaia search engine idea? biggrin (*pokes signature*)
-Is engraving coming back?
-What do your brains taste like? ninja
-I don't have as many questions as last time. How does that make you feel?

Heh heh, I don't know if the world is ready to know!

It's getting cold here, his neck needs to be warm

If we are as powerful as Google then the world would be in complete chaos. Which probably isn't a bad thing

It should be, but we probably screwed something up. I'll need to check back with Darknrgy.

Tofu

Lanzer
hermie_the_frog
I finally thought of some questions to ask!!

1.Is there anyway belts could be fixed so that they'll layer over items as opposed to under them? A lot of times a belt can't be seen if you have any other clothes on, and it will even occassionally unequip items.
2.How are the new shops coming along? biggrin Any new hints about the NPCs?
3.Can we get a puzzle update? Please?? I'm sure we have lots of pretty art we can use.
4.How much longer until we get the final back-to-school guide? They crack me up, I want the last one.
5.Finally, is there anyway we could organize our wishlists?

Whoops, that's a tough one since many clothing are designed to layer over a belt and they all belong to the same layer. The problem probably can't be solved until we have a custom layer option.

That's a hot question! I'm hoping for it to be within 2 weeks, but no promises.

Sorry, I need to ask again to see why we haven't been getting updates.

Narumi Misuhara
I dont want waffles
what is the staff having for dinner tonight?

Teriyaki sounds good right now...

Lanzer
Darkening Flash
User Image
Hello Lanzer, here are the questions:
1. Are we going to have Werecats?
2. Do you think you would get along with Rufus?
3. Has your car ever been the same ever since Rufus ripped up the leather and you threw Rufus very far.(as sited by Narumi Misahara)
4. What do you think of users being silly and weird in the ATA? Such as all the cookie flinging and such. Do you ever read back on the AtAs?
5. Coconut or Peanut butter?
6. I saw a commercial that led to this: Seal, penguin, or Sea Otter?
7. Is it true that Lanzer answer at pace and knowledge of Lanzer?
That is all.:3

Who need werecats when you have Rufus?

I'm really a dog person, so I dunno...

That probably has something to do with the fact that I'm a dog person...

The only thing silly is this one admin that keeps saying "I dunno" on half the questions

PB, coconut drives me crazy

I still think that the video with the Sea Otters that hold hands is the best thing there is biggrin

Only if you put two Lanzer's together

Lanzer
sasamiblue
Gaia started in 2003 what were you doing in 2002 and 2001? In what year did you 1st get the idea to some day create Gaia?

When you make a new item what determines if it’ll be event, shop, cash shop, RIG, ZOMG, quest, MC, EI or other?

Why do air sharks seem to be obsessed with Sam?

Has any one ever brought a pet to work? And if so did it mess up or ruin or damage any thing in the office?

We came up with the idea on October 22, 2002. Before that I was robbing banks and stealing candy from children... at the same time.

We create an item knowing what item it'll be usually, otherwise the only question is if the item is going to be part of a store update or part of a rare box item.

Air sharks aren't the only ones!

We used to allow pets in the old office, it was great! Don't really care about the times when someone's dog started attacking the carpet... it's just carpet! smile

Narumi Misuhara
Ashlizzle
Narumi Misuhara
Ashlizzle
Sweet, i made it ! blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh
thanks Lanzer and Developers for taking time to to answer our questions
ok my questions are:
1; what are the plans for the halloween event?any hints?
3;will timmy ever go back to being a kid?

1. can't talk about it xd
3. I hope so!

thank you so much for answering my questions, but i noticed you left out my second one, is that classified too?

If I leave out questions, or cross them out, it just means I don't know the answer smile

Narumi Misuhara
Darkening Flash
Darkening Flash

Simone come out, the bunny compels you.D:

me thinks Simone is busy baking cookies for future ATA's biggrin

Narumi Misuhara
The Emoholic
OMG I actually made it for once!
I'm super late, but still...
Let's see here...

1.) Lanzer, let's ask this again, so we can be sure. Who is the artist of the Hidden Ace? You've said in the past it was VO, but reapersun has said that VO is not the artist. Please don't confuse us like this!
2.) Besides Halloween and Christmas, are there any other events planned for the rest of the year?
3.) When are the new shops expected to be out?

Thanks! smile

2. there's talk of a mini event between Halloween and Christmas but at the moment that's all it is, talk smile

3. Lanzer spoke about this earlier somewhere... *singing*....over the the rainbow....*/singing*

Lanzer
Zweizi Galon
Good evening Lanzer and staff! Thank you once again for taking time out of your busy schedules to answer users' questions. It is very appreciated! biggrin

1. A shop that many users have been requesting for YEARS, and we keep hearing is put on the backburner, is the Weapons Shop. Now, when I heard we were getting new shops I was personally very excited because i thought "This is it! We're FINALLY going to get the Weapons Shop! 4laugh heart heart " and when I heard it was ONCE AGAIN not being released, my spirit was crushed.

My first question is; when will the Weapons Shop ever be released?! Users are getting tired, and impatient, and desperately wishing for this shop. gonk gonk gonk

User Image

2. Another system in development users have been waiting for a long time now to be released is the Marriage System. Now, unlike the Weapons Shop we have actually gotten some information via utilizing ATA. We've discovered that the Wedding Boutique is planned to be where the old Personals building was in Barton, and last time I asked about its progress, you had stated that the system was being designed in Flash now, rather than HTML.

But that was two years ago! So I have to ask for question number two; can you give us a status report on the Marriage/Wedding system? I can't wait for it to be released! 4laugh heart

User Image

3. In the fall of 2007, 4 new areas were added to the World Map. Among the new map areas was a place I personally love to just look at, and that is Halloweentown. However, since its debut in 2007 nothing has been done with this town. We know nothing about it or its inhabitants, and no shops, features or games have been adde to this town. Now, this is a town users have expressed a LOT of interest in, and are waiting with bated breath to see what Gaia will add to it.

So my last question for tonight is; could you please share some of the plans you have for Halloweentown?

User Image

I think the recent influx of many female artists have a lot to do with it. biggrin Sorry I'll continue to ask and push for the idea. I agree that we should have a weapon shop. Often priorities are changed as the inspiration of creative artist are set on something.

The wedding system was originally planned, though ultimately it was delayed and delayed due to both the level of interest and competing projects like zOMG which asked for a lot of flash programmers. I can only hope that once we ported Towns to the zOMG framework it'll be easier for us to create new flash areas such as a wedding chapel.

So we've spent a lot of time planning on how do we expand the world of Gaia. One of the first step is that we'll include the breath of our community with the world, meaning that different parts of the forum community should be spread out in different areas. So in the near future, 100% of all forum users won't be magically fitted into the same pub in Barton Town. smile Other than that, there will be new towns or cities that represent other themes depending on the types of discussions happening. That will actually happen much earlier than many would think. We'll have more details in a month or two. Stay tuned!

Lanzer
ya its shayla
1. anything we can do about the kitten star/brennivin drop rate?
1a. will they be re~released in the next RIG?
2. what's with the pendants?
3+++. luv u redface

I can help bug CP about it smile

Lanzer
Lady Merlex
Hey Lanzer, I hope you had a good weekend.

Ever since dolls started coming out en masse, Gaians have started petitions to be made into dolls. On the first page of the Petition Forum there are usually at least 4 cluttering up the forum.

I'm not ok with the fact that Gaians are having a popularity contest in trying to get to be infamous by being a doll. One is saying that she/he's spent hundreds of dollars on Gaia and so should be a doll. Another is saying that his/her Gaian fanfiction character should be a doll, effectively making that character an NPC.

It's turning into a popularity contest that is not going to end well. Are there plans for making select users into dolls, and if so, why? I feel that it is elitist in the extreme. After all, devs and admins have done so much for Gaia, why should someone who hasn't get to be that elite and recognized?

A less serious question:
Have you gotten to see Nobuo Uetmatsu and Arnie Roth's Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy concert? It's quite good and I highly recommend it if you get the chance.

EDIT: The kitten purring on my neck reminded me to thank you and all the staff for your time and hard work. Thank you!

Currently there are no plans for dolls that are based on users. If we are ever making that type of an item, it'll be an item that users can create, not something where Gaia create for the celebration of any individual. So imagine if you can make an item of your best friend and "equip" him/her, for example.

All my friends had got to watch the concert, but I missed it because I was attending Otakon that weekend. So maybe next time

You're welcome!

Lanzer
Ruus
Tonight I'll be asking questions on behalf of others.

1. User Lucca Ashtear pointed out that in the old days, Gaia's servers were named after its NPCs. Some of these NPCs weren't released until much later, like Bildeau. One servername was 'Clyde'. Lucca Ashtear wants to know;

Is there now, or were there ever, plans for an [NPC] Clyde?

2. The Hatsya Fanthread wants to know this question that is very important to all her fans.

Is there a future for Hatsya, as an official NPC on Gaia?

User Image

3. The Josie Fanthread wants to ask:

Could you please tell us 3 facts about Josie that have been previously untold? We need something to discuss in the thread about Josie!

User Image
Many of the server NPC were named because they needed a name, we had about 50 servers before we figured out that there were too many names to take care of. biggrin Now days we just have to stick with numbers. Clyde was never meant to be a real NPC, sorry!

We're starting to talk about it since many Gaians found interest, but unless Gaians ask, we wouldn't be developing much of the character...

I'll need to stalk her for a while to come up with the facts. biggrin

Lanzer
kaykeyser
since Im on the 2nd page Lanzer may not get me it was because my load speed was slowed down by an invite to join face book...blasted thing...
if any dev members know these, tell me.

What are your predictions for the 1st episode of this season’s heroes? Any one? Any one at all predictions?
Which Gaia staff member did you know the longest? When did you meat this person?

Did Agitha give Old man Logan a ripe nectarine?

Will Jenny McPhee be incorporated in to the plot? What do you think of doing a parody on “the Graduate” with this character?

What was your favorite lunch item in school as a kid? And what kind of lunch box did you sued to have?

Have you ever seen Ga-Ra-Ku-Ta: Mr. Stain on Junk Alley?

What is your favorite EI, MC or RIG humanoid life form? Will he or she be sun off in to a plot character?

Gaia’s NPCs (Rina, Agatha, Sam etc) are updating nicely. Do you have plans for more NPC updates?
Will NPCs continue to age? Do you think Gaia will ever see NPCs become parents and grand parents or even die of old age?

Will we ever return to being able to talk to Meredith or Leon?

I think they're swap the good guys to bad guys once again! biggrin

You meant Gaia user? We meat them all and they were all delicious!

Logan got a lot more from Agitha :O

That's a little unlikely, unless the world ask for her presence

I'm not one of those kids who was privileged to have a lunch box. Every day was a brown bag and a sandwich. I don't even remember having soft drinks! That might explain why I'm so skinny these days. smile

Seriously, some of the first and second round of mods are the oldest users that we still meet regularly at cons, and some are here working at Gaia HQ.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
September 28th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

If it's the end of the world and everyone turned into zombie, what would you do? What weapon would you choose?

I feel pretty good now that I have my bow and arrow at home. biggrin

Lanzer
I dont want waffles
1: Lanzer, in the last ATA, you said:
'Lanzer'
In this case I don't know much about Hatsya

which, I'd assume, implies that you don't know much, but you DO know a few things about Hatsya...so spill! What do you know!?
2: Do you have kids?

To Lanzer and all staff:

1: Do you air-dry after you get out the shower all the time, some of the time, or never?
2: Do you walk around your house nude often? Do you walk around Gaia HQ nude? (or at least in your underwear?)
3: Is there anyone you look up to in Gaia (bosses aside)
4: cats or dogs?
5: Not a question, but I really love the new company Gaia has affiliated with on the cash offers. They're a lot more reliable than GetGambit, in my opinion.

If I don't air dry then my hair looks like a helmet, it's not a choice!

I walk around nude whenever I feel sexy

Yeah, I look up to 72squared often. He's almost 7 feet tall!

Dogs love you back

We're trying out a new company which promises to be better. Still keeping a close eye...

Lanzer
Inu_Hero
Hello Lanzer and Devs! ^^

Lanzer, most of my questions tonight are around this Twitter picture of you!

1. What is the Gaia staff member to the left of you working on on his computer?

2. Another Gaian on Twitter pointed this out in an earlier comment, but did you know it looks like you're balancing the red paper lantern on your head? xD

3. Do you reply to the AtA questions at your desk or do you reply to the questions in another location?

3. Are you ever going to start your own Twitter account? : D

Non-Twitter question:

How is the Halloween event coming along? ^^

Thank you! User Image
He's only working on presentations, very pretty slides!

You guys have no idea the tricks I can pull off with paper lanterns. smile

I often walk around with my laptop in hopes of getting others to join in on ATA

I spent more time on ATA and answering PM today, but that habit might change...

We just finished picking the name of the event!

Lanzer
Zweizi Galon
Good evening to Lanzer and the other staff members joining us tonight! As usual, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to answer users' questions. biggrin

And with that being said, I'll go ahead and get started:

1) A shop that has not yet opened is "The Music Box" in Barton Town, which is owned/ran by The Maestro who you meet in zOMG! Well, there are two theories as to what this shop will sell when it opens. The first is it will sell Music for Homes, and the other theory is it will sell Instruments for Avatars.
So my first question is, what will "The Music Box" be selling when it finally opens?

User Image

2) When I was looking at the World Map the other day, I noticed that the old Barton Town map art is being used, the one with the Linklist in it. However, the linklist was destroyed and now is where the Newsroom is located, and the world map was once updated with that change but somehow the old map art is up again. I posted this in the Bugs forum, however the problem hasn't been taken care of.

Could you please let someone know to put the right Barton Town world map art up?

User Image

3) Not too long ago, Gaia released its "Lost Manga" a collection of previously unreleased manga conclusions to the Summer Olympics, the manga were Durem olympics Parts 2 & 3. There were also 4 mini-comics that acted as conclusion to the Prom plot.

However, I recently learned that these comics are not considered to be official canon parts of the plot, and are considered unpublished. If all of the manga has already been finished, and uploaded to the site for everyone to see, I see no problem with it just being added to the Manga and Mini-comics archive and being considered canon. sweatdrop

So my last question is, why isn't the lost manga being moved into the archives and considered canon? Since its all finished and up on the site anyways, it seems to many users be a matter of laziness in not wanting to take the time to just add them to the archives, and a lot of people really want these added in. confused

User Image

Well there isn't a solid plan on opening the music stall. Unfortunately for now we'll just have to wait.

Yeah we'll be fixing that bug soon, and at a later time this year we'll be having a bigger update.

Considering that the artists had to find time over the weekend when they're not busy working on other projects to finish up the manga, I wouldn't consider them as lazy, and the same would go for those who didn't add them to the archive. They're currently working on other features, from things like new store features, avatar outfit, guild features, etc. The other route is to not post them until we found someone to add the pages to the archive, then all Gaians would have to wait even longer. It's a tough trade off...

Lanzer
Darkening Flash
User Image
Hello Lanzer, here are the questions:
1. Is there going to be any more plot about Rufus soon? The fan thread is dying.D:
2. Who would win in a fight, Rufus or Kitten Star?
3. Do you own any pets?
4. Do you ever read back on past AtAs?
5. Is "I dunno" your favorite word phrase?
6. Jelly or Peanut butter?
7. What was in your lunchbox(or bento box) as a child?
8. What is your favorite part of working and creating Gaia?
9. What beats Chuck Norris?

I believe the current plot is going to focus on Halloween, we'll need to see if Rufus would get some "screen time"

Rufus knows calculus!

I own guinea pigs

yup, I read them on the same day

I dunno, don't ask me tough questions!

One can't go without the other!

I remember the most generic ham sandwich, nothing fancy

Going out to Taco Bell at 4 in the morning talking about new features to build next week

Chuck Norris from the future

Lanzer
hermie_the_frog
Hi guys!

1.Do you have any guilty pleasures? Mine is soap operas. I'm watching one right now. <.< >.>
2.What would YOU do if you won the gaia lotto?
3.Is Gaia another planet, or is it in another universe?

Yeah, I can't think of very good questions.

Do bad manga count?

I'd go straight to the beach of Gambino for a vacation

It's a parallel world...

Lanzer
Profane Chaos
yo, guys. Had a headache, (still have it), so I wasn't going to show, but I ended up dragging myself over here anyway. Stale fish cookies are so worth it. 8D

1) My current avatar arena entry has an average of 1.67, which led to wonder, would a more precise voting system be any benefit to the arena at all? I mean being able to vote half stars, or x/10 instead of x/5.

2) Tell us the truth, are you a Mac or a PC?

3) Does anyone at the staff have questionable music tastes, and if so, what are they?

The number is rounded down from a much more precise number actually. A 5 star system is actually quite sufficient

I'm a PC. I was in a meeting last week where I was surrounded by 7 Macs. I was quite threatened biggrin

Just found out that buki used to listen to heavy metal...

Lanzer
sasamiblue
To all Admins not just Lanzer :How do you know feeling you can say ANY THING about an NPC and Gaians will take it as canon?

I was looking at the new update and made some observations

User ImageSasha: I got stood up on prom night and it was totally the most embarrassing thing ever, but I'm totally over it now. Now I just, like, think back on it and laugh. Hahaha... heh... *sob*.... BAAAWWWWWW!

Consider this plus the fact Sasha was fat in her high school year book. It sounds to me like Sasha is acting out of revenge. she dumps Ian for Gino and Gino for Liam because in high school she was fat and unloved and got stood up at prom. she has serious mental issues!

(apparently so does Agitha, making people pay....)

then I made an other discovery! Edmund was on the Anime Kodocha as a kid!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

that or the dev team really likes Kodocha.

Am I right?

Don't think too hard, as we don't make much references off of old anime...

But you're certainly right about the fact that Sasha has her issues. :O

Lanzer
L Himmel
Hello to everyone, hope you're all doing well~

Here's my three questions:
#1 When will you be launching the Create a Comic Character contest? I personally have been waiting for this for a long time, as have other users.

User Image

#2 Josie's new art was recently uncovered. Does this mean she's getting a new shop, or is the Housing system getting an upgrade? Please tell me also, will she be getting her "Talk To" phrases restored to her so we can talk to her like we do the other NPCs?

User Image

#3 A recent topic of discussion has been the Weapons Shop. As you've already been informed, many users are dissapointed that this shop is still not open. My question is in regards to that unopened shop. Is there any chance that when this shop finally is released, it could be ran by the two unreleased NPCs in the center of this pic?

User Image

It has been said for a long time that either a Ninja or a Pirate NPC should run the Weapons Shop, so if both of these characters ran the shop we'd get both, a pirate AND a ninja. Plus, I think its safe to say everyone wants the blonde pirate NPC released, PERIOD. eek

Sorry for the wait, we're currently short on hand to run the design contest.

For now it's just the NPC art update. Housing update is what we want to do really quick but it'll still take a bit of time.

Heh, well I'll be sure to make sure that we have a great NPC when the weapons shop is released.

Lanzer
The Undead Suitor
Any idea when the new shops are getting here?

And the September gold shop update? (you forgot those existed right?)

And any hints for halloween? and does it involve 4 teams and a special forum where we click attack boxes in a giant battle?

Tomorrow I think. But we have 4 updates tomorrow. Hopefully things get released smoothly.

That comes later but not immediately

It only involves two sides this time, and yes there will be gameplay component, but we'll focus on gameplay outside of the forum and leave the forum for hanging out only

Lanzer
MagicalMeowe
Where's this months gold shop update?

How can I get an SD Plus doll of myself made?

This week!

Just work at Gaia!

Lanzer
Princess-Orphelia
Hello everyone, and hello to Lanzer. blaugh

I have a few questions to ask today.

1. Describe an average day at the office?

2. Latest Gaia crush or online crush if any? gonk

3. Would you ever ask me on a date? 4laugh

4. Do you think it's a good idea to not display anyone's amount of gold made in the MP for others to see? Considering this could help in account safety and security issues? I just think that it's best and more private for the seller to see their own earnings and not for the public eye.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. biggrin

1 hour meetings x 8 + ATA thread = average Monday

Does getting crushed count?

Sure! But first I need to take the potion of youth...

It's a tricky thing. We see it as a way to build reputation for stores so buyers can use that as a gauge to see if a store is reputable. Though if enough Gaians show their concerns, we'll consider making that a privacy option.

Lanzer
Kestin Sha
I would be very happy, since I'm currently obsessed with zombies. biggrin

I only have one question this time: why do you keep answering more of my questions than most people's? Am I really that awesome? cool

Yes, absolutely.

Lanzer
kaykeyser
How does Gaia priorities its many unfinished projects? And what is the one project thats been the longest put on hold?

What is your favorite EI, MC or RIG humanoid life form? Will he or she be sun off in to a plot character?

Gaia’s NPCs (Rina, Agatha, Sam etc) are updating nicely. Do you have plans for more NPC updates?
Will NPCs continue to age? Do you think Gaia will ever see NPCs become parents and grand parents or even die of old age?

Will we ever return to being able to talk to Meredith or Leon?

The easiest way to look at priorities is to keep a simple focus, such as "forum community", then there will be plenty (like about 50) features that we can focus on. Otherwise it's easy to have a list of hundreds of things to do and get lost in the list.

I think we already have some characters in mind for some future storyline, while EI or RIG characters are not likely to be involved, mainly because it's a little harder to fit them into the main storyline

Well, you can talk to Leon at zOMG, while for Meredith, we'll have to wait for a while. Sorry.

Sparkling Mage

Has anybody ever asked why Pink Links were removed a couple of years ago? o':

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
October 5th

Lanzer, at about 40 minutes past the hour
Hello everyone, sorry for being late! Was stuck in a long, long meeting. Let's get started!

Narumi Misuhara
Nei1
For Lanzer and staff,

What occurs during your basic brain storming session? I ask this because I saw on TV this weekend a show about fun places to work and they are usually playing during the brain storming to get ideas.

We don't play around, Gaia is serious business.... *cough*

Narumi Misuhara
Troy the confuzed
Hi Lanzer and devs!

1. What is your favorite form of potato? (Chips, fries, baked, etc.)
2. Are there any NPC’s that are secretly werewolves?
3. Is Brennivin’s name significant?

1. My favorite anything is deep fried rofl
2. ...I hope not.... *stares at Rufus*
3. don't know... *looks at Lanzer*

Lanzer
Nei1
For Lanzer and staff,

What occurs during your basic brain storming session? I ask this because I saw on TV this weekend a show about fun places to work and they are usually playing during the brain storming to get ideas.

Heh, no we don't play to get ideas, but drawing and sketching happens a lot. Most of the time we discuss and toss ideas back and forth, and L0cke would then bring up crazy ideas that nobody had ever thought of. biggrin

Lanzer
Troy the confuzed
Hi Lanzer and devs!

1. What is your favorite form of potato? (Chips, fries, baked, etc.)
2. Are there any NPC’s that are secretly werewolves?
3. Is Brennivin’s name significant?

Curly fries!

Not yet

I think so, though I need to hunt for that info myself :O

Lanzer
Starlight Blaze
Hello Lanzer! It's been a long time since I've stopped by at one of these things. ninja

Anywho, my question is this, is there any way that would be able to view our gifting logs one day? I mean we have a market place log and a trading log to view, so why no log for gifting?

I noticed that my thank you letter for sept 04 is missing from my inventory for a little while now, and I've checked all my mule's sales history, trading history, and nothing. The only thing I CAN'T check is my gifting history. I'm going to be mad at myself if I accidentally gifted it to someone. D: So, anything you can do about this, Lanzer?

Yeah we do have transaction logs in the database, and making it a feature is definitely possible. Probably need to wait a while until we start working on that though.

If you ask an admin for help, we should be able to check for you.

Lanzer
Fruitbot
Do you love me?

heart

Of course! biggrin

Lanzer
Chastler
Dear Lanzer and staff,
HEY! Did you miss me?

I haven’t been to AtA in a while… RL sucks right now. BUT, I have a little free time, so why not spend it here?

Just a few questions today…

1. First of all, AWESOME job with the shops. But now that THAT is out of the way, whats Gaias next big project?

2. Any hints about the Halloween Event? When? Who? Why Bruce??

3. Will we have any item contests anytime soon? What happened to that?

4. How do you guys go about choosing names for things like NPCs, or shops 'n' such?

5. Pizza, or Tacoz? Both? Neither? A combination of the two?

Thanks guys!

I'm still begging for a weapons store. Otherwise, we're working on a new avatar feature that should be pretty cool. The rest of us are working on forum updates and preparing for Halloween.

Not much hints for this week, it does have a good versus evil theme to it is all I can say.

We lack the person to run item contests, sorry for the wait.

Now days the artist who came up with the design might be the one who give the name, or it could be a group effort when we came up with the idea of what kind of an NPC we want.

Pizza hands down. If I want tacos then I'll just fold the pizza in half. biggrin

Lanzer
Ben Pond
how was your day today? dramallama

Crazy day! Too many meetings! Strangely I feel like stuff are getting done.

Lanzer
Acid Grinder
Dear Lanzer,
When will we have another item design contest?
Any updates on RyanJakobi's Pikachu?
Our aquariums are called "Basic Aquarium". When will we be getting new tanks?

As soon as we find help in hosting a new contest, we'll get right on it.

No I think I need to put up a plush-hunt

I think we're working on some UI updates and social features, then there might be new tanks, but the plan changes all the time and is not solid.

Lanzer
scullylam
*yea!*

so, i heard that in the past gaia use to sell posters. right? well, hearing about this, i would love to buy some since my walls are a drab. will the gaia store ever sell posters or any other fun stuff?

also, brennivan. undies. boyshorts. please???? whee

these questions opened for anyone to answer and thanks!

also lanzer, what's with all the boxes on the floor in your office area? ever since seeing the pic via twitter, i was wondering if you need file cabinets.

We haven't been selling fun stuff for a while as we were so busy. Maybe we can put some higher resolution wallpapers online so Gaians can print them out.

Wow, that specific?

We moved a lot in the past and every time I pack stuff into more boxes but don't have time to unpack. Now my area is just a collection of boxes! Cabinets are just going to be boxes that are made of metal instead. Won't help much with my situation. biggrin What I need is free time!

Lanzer
xXlady kaedeXx
hihi this is my first time posting here :3
1>will we ever see jello skins
2.what is your favourite breed of dog X3 i love huskies >w<
3. if mario and bowser crashed through your window in the middle of the night and started having an epic battle what would you do o3o?

Which flavor?

Corgi!

I'd rescue princess Peach and teach her how NOT to get kidnapped again

crazy spork i am
ya its shayla
crazy spork i am
:3

oooh Hi CSIA!!!!

Yo! Haven't made it to one of these in a while!

Narumi Misuhara
Princess-Orphelia
Hello Everyone! xd

I hope I'm not too late. I made it in time to at least post this? I hope! gonk
I can see that I am already getting hungry with all this food talk. PIZZA! blaugh

Anyways my question is kind of crazy but I thought I'd put it forward.
I don't know about you guys, but I really liked having that 2nd name, that happened during
the School event. And now that it's gone, i feel kind of naked. gonk
So will there be any more events in the not too distant future that would involve a 2nd name? biggrin

Hi! *waves*

we're considering it for the Halloween event but that hasn't been decided. We have to make sure we get the actual event done first!

crazy spork i am
Colonel Psycho Tour
sporkie rate my profile! 4laugh plz

Pretty epic. Reminds me of the last level in Katamari Damacy biggrin

crazy spork i am
Ben Pond
crazy spork i am
Ben Pond
take a peak at mine? dramallama

Unique layout; very minimal biggrin

heart
i love the flash at the top of yours

Oh man, it's old! Hahaha, never have time to update mine anymore D:

Lanzer
kaykeyser
Kanoko’s a new shop keeper! Yah! No more side bar character! Was that the plan from the start? Or was it public demand that saved her? You been saying fro weeks “no plans for Kanoko” So any how, what’s next for her? Will she rise to power? Or will she continue her odyssey of Timmy-like bad luck?

Are the Brennivin and Radio Jack who are running the new shop from the Mirror world or are the from our world? They clearly have connections to the RIG but whose world are they from? If they are from the Mirror world did they follow Kanoko out?

Will the magic shop ever sell multi pose or evolving items?
Are we still getting a weapons shop? Or is the new magic shop going to sell weapons?

What NPCs will be key players in the Halloween event?

How many of these Carl the Elk facts are true?

He's a nudist
he never shaves
he doesn't lick heavy petting
he doesn't like light petting or petting of any sort

for a guy he has an impressive rack
he pissed off Rina by eating her flowers once at breakfast then a gain at lunch, She had to buy a shot gun and put up a sign that says "Plase don't eat the daisies"

also Rina is a bad speller
he scares Peyo in ways we cant begin to describe

Rancher Bill's son once tried to Milk him
His antlers often become entangled in the cloths of customers who try to feed him
He once Snorted at Rufus, sending the cat up a book self.
his favorite show is northern exposure but he only watches the credits.
he once tried to join the Olympic Swim team but he didn't do so well
he'll never pull a sleigh even if you ask him nice
He has an unhealthy attachment to a coat rack.
Old man Logan once mistook him for Gambino's mounted hunting trophy.
when Becky and Jinx dressed as a Deer for Halloween, they sent him in to a mating frenzy
he can o simple math by tapping his hoof.
when Kanoko dressed up as a salt cube for one of her odd jobs, He licked her for 5 hours before any one heard her cry.
In addition to being an Elk he's also a Freemason
Vanes spends 2 hours every Friday grooming his fur.
he and Devin eat at the same vegan restaurant and attend PETA meetings together.
his face appears on the back $2 Gold coin of Gaia, the Front depicts John Clancy Gambino who lived from 1776 to 1861
He is the symbol of a left wing political party that for the past 62 years has nominated Erik Estrada for president.
He was also the high school mascot for Ron Bruise and gave the man his 1st acting job.
He's appeared in 17 movies 25 TV and print adds and has been in the back ground of 17 lesser known movies.
He invented a popular dance in the 1970s after slipping on a linoleum floor
He's the distant cousin of TV personality Gary Gnu
his brother was the Gump from the land of Oz
he often gets fain mail addressed to Carl Reiner
he has a fear of Cherry Puffs, in fact , of most animated. only the garlics don't bother him. he finds Garlic rather yummy.
TV Personality and Mayor Adam West once gave him a medal after mistaking him for Arnold Schwarzenegger
following this, Schwarzenegger punch him in the nose
Schwarzenegger was latter scudded by Chuck Norris
Schwarzenegger latter returned the medal and gave him a written apology
being unable to read, Carl ate the apology
he was latter rushed to the animal hospital and his life was saved by Neil Patrick Harris who chose to just "let it pass"
Carl like to have phone sex with comedian Colin Mochrie who only does it because over the phone, Carl sounds just like Ryan Stiles
Carls fan club is a strange mix of Furies, animal lovers, Gaian zoo workers, people from PETA, and a small number of Gaians with a Bazaar Fetish.
the movie Babbie makes him jealous and he often becomes enraged.
Carl's wife once sent him a "Deer John" letter.
He also posed nude for the John Deer company logo.
He is CEO of his own roofing company
he was turned down 6 times for a roll in Star Wars but did appear in an episode of Lost in space...however, not as an Elk.
He hid under old man Logan's bed every hunting season
he has a hard time crossing at intersections , he cant distinguish when the light changes.
Ace Ventura helped him find his job on Gaia after freeing him from a store that sold ball caps
Sasha thinks he lives at the beach because she heard some one call him a "whelk"
The Zurg have plans to swap his brain with the brain of Julie, but no one would ever care, or know the difference....it could have happened already!
He likes to Ride in Sam's Scion with his head out the window , some times they drive past Jenny Mcphee to giver her raspberries
He can run the Gaia Olympic 3 legged race all by him self
He rejects the party game "Pin the tail on the donkey" out of respect for his fellow beasts.
Agitha once gave him a ripe tangerine and he ate it.
Leon won't let him in Barton because he lacks proper identification papers. He has to sneak in by going over or under the fence. he can do both but never uses the same method twice in a row.
Liam mistook him for Sam's dog and gave him a love note to give to her.
He's deathly afraid of robots
hes also afraid of his own reflecdtion, wich he often sees when he looks at robots.
he once tried to Eat Jacks head
He's good friends with Santa
He once scratched the easter bunny after EB called him names.
Gaians can predict the weather by the size of his shadow with twice the accuracy of that of a ground hog.
He has to pay for two seats when absurd an air plain
the last time he flew they lost his luggage in Ohio
He once water skied along side Henry Winkler , they tried to jump Sally Struthers
despite his fame you will never see his Paw print in front of Grauman's Chinese theater
he once stayed with Peter Griffin that time when Peter said "Hey remember that time we..."
He once Saved Christmas by posing as the Gaia dev team's tree. He was fun to decorate but dangerous to put things under.
he has no clue how to play Monopoly, but he loves to eat hotels.
He is the best at DDR
he's a deadly shot with an AK47 and out gunned Zivago in a resent competition.
He has his own movie review . its so popular that he pushed Jay Sherman out of a job and he was responsible e for giving Slumdog Millionaire its high reputation.
He once filled in for Max Weinberg when Max was traveling with Springsteen and no one knew the difference. In fact Conan said it was Max's best week drumming ever.
He was a key player in the assassination of Triumph the insult comedy dog
his Kryptonian name is Jor-Elk
He loves a good book, mostly for the glue
He once got Sick in Moira's hope chest after eating 550 pounds of dry grass found in Devin's back yard. ever since then she's been after him to make a carpet.

When he went to Otakon to go to the Gaia online Panel he was stopped by a star wars fan who mistook him for a wookie.
He became a Pro at Wii sports after swallowing the Wiimote.
and he was rejected as the coppertone mascot after he snorted at the head off food services for buttering his celery .
He’s British.

I was surprised to see Kanoko and Jack being at the shop myself! biggrin I know that she's a smart girl and Jack will keep her out of trouble (like spending a week in a toxic canister)

Multi-pose is very likely, not so much for evolving items.

Weapon shop is a different idea, that'll probably stand as its own store when the time comes.

crazy spork i am
MadeUFly
Lanzer and staff, What is your favorite item on gaia?

I like the weird items. Kirby hates it when I come up with a cool or pretty looking avatar and then I add one thing that throws it off, hehe.

Lanzer
Sinsario
Hey guys! I just wanted to know if anyone has ever actually tried to make an item on MSPAint, or if it's even possible? rofl

And how's the weather in California? It's almost time for s-s-snow here :<

Nobody tried because technically it's not possible. It doesn't save the file format that we need. Even if you draw the item out you'll still need another program's help to convert. Many free paint programs perform way better than MSPaint to begin with :O

Weather got colder! Though that just means we stop wearing shorts. biggrin

Lanzer
I dont want waffles
will Ethe work on some hatsya items soon?

She'll be doing a lot of stuff! Dunno if they're hatsya related right off the bat.

Lanzer
Inu_Hero
Hi Lanzer and Devs!

Questions:

1. Who drew the DERNIER*CRI Part Two comic?

2. Who created the NPC Brennivin? : D

3. Since GOline, or Gaia Star, has angelic and demonic back wings, how is the development of Gaia Online’s angelic and demonic back wings coming along? Are they going to be released soon? : O

4. Lanzer, I just started watching Heroes and I noticed that Hiro and his best friend (I don’t know his name. gonk ) have a hero business. Since they take phone calls to go where their heroic efforts are needed, what would you call them to help you with? xD

Thank you! ^^

I'd like to give credit, but I do need to check to see if they're too shy. ninja

We'll release back wing quests I promise!

I'll ask Hiro to stop time while I get to keep working! biggrin

Narumi Misuhara
sasamiblue
hey Narumi Misuhara can you answer my Elk questions on page 2?
or if not just make junk up. you can tel the plot people to make your answers facts.

rofl rofl
sasamiblue

You let a wild Elk enter and trash a shop and run it. Are we to believe that the Elk is the actual shop’s owner? Or does Gaia have plans to show us how the shops real owner i9s some one else who invested in a shop and worked hard to make it look nice and is now ticked off that a wild Elk is making a mess of things? And will the Elk be used in a Christmas update ? maybe to pull a sled?

How does Rufus feel about Elks?

How does Peyo feel about Elks?

Is Rina mad? Do Elks eat flowers?
Will Josie ever join the G-team?
Why the late start? Is ATA moving to a new time?

I've seen Junk Alley, well some episodes ...scared me half to death rofl

When an elk invades, what are you to do....

Rufus is indifferent, as long as it doesn't mess with him and his fish it's all good

Peyo loves elks! ...except that one....

Lanzer
Kawazu Hime
Do you still trick or treat? If not when did you stop?

Do you do desk to desk trick or treating in the office?

Wow, ever since high school I stopped... but I had great memories of sorting through bags and bags of candies!

Yup, we had little trick or treaters running around!

Thanks for hanging out today. See you all next week everyone!

Eloquent Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
I'm glad to see that Lanzer jumped to the defense of Total Transactions in the vend. I use that as an indicator to make sure that a user is trustworthy and reputable. I don't mind people seeing my total, it's not as if I ever have that much gold on hand.

And I almost feel sorry for him, the way he's been lobbying for a Weapons shop for so long. I think the accounting folks know that weapons can be sold for Cash, and it's almost silly to sell them for gold. I'd be interested to see what a Dernier Cri weapon would look like, though. And I'm really glad to see that the shop will have more multi-pose items. Singles just seem like a waste.

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
I PMed Lanzer to ask if they can put the search on the officecam, but still no word. stare
If you're reading this, Fruitbot, it is on. xp

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
October 12th

Lanzer
Hello everyone,

Halloween is just three weeks away but I still haven't got myself a costume yet! What should I get for this year? biggrin

Lanzer
Kazuma Ishimaru
Hello~ admins!
(assuming there's more than just Lanzer here, if not...I feel sorry for you Lanzer)
((I'll try to keep this short and sweet))

Weeks ago we had our back to school event and were introduced to a semi new feature: Individual Ranks. Now, we've had these before but these were slightly different in that they were under our avatars. It got me thinking...Could we have those for guilds? Is it possible to make a tab to set rank levels to certain post counts and then let the Captain/Vice captain customize said levels? Or even allow the Captain/Vice captain to set a rank to each person from the Guild Member tab?

Also, as per the season, are you/what are you planning on dressing up as for the upcoming Halloween?
Any staff costume contests? 3nodding
Lanzer, you should dress up as Indiana Jones!

Well we are working on an achievement system that will let everyone have their own ranks and titles on Gaia. We do want it to be inclusive of all Gaia activities (be the pinball master!) but we'll be starting with forum based achievements first most likely. We'll share more details as they're planned out.

We have a costume contest every year. I'll remember to share photos with everyone after the event.

That makes one vote for Indiana Jones. smile

Lanzer
Inu_Hero
Hello Lanzer and Devs!

Questions:

1. Just like the Halo Contest, will you be rereleasing "old extinct" expensive items like 03'-04' MC's from banned accounts in Dernier Cri, but to sell them off for over 1mil+ instead?

2. A user mentioned this in the GCD, but is it true that the reason we haven’t had any housing updates lately is because the person in charge of them got fired? Or is this just a rumor? gonk

3. What day is the Halloween event going to start on? surprised

4. Does Fin play the stock market in real life?

5. Lanzer, while lurking in the GCD, I found your guestbook! How does it feel to be worth over 95k? O_O

Thank you! ^^
I'm more leaning towards some quests or a way for regular users to be able to work towards old items. The usual challenge comes from the worry that if we don't make it work right we'll have too much of the old item that will flood the market. But we'll come up with another idea down the road.

The housing system didn't have an update because it was written in Shockwave and after 5 years Shockwave is ancient and need to be converted to Flash AS3. We have the smarts to convert the system, but all the available people are working on zOMG...

It should be the 28th of the month

Lanzer
Darkening Flash
User Image
Hello Lanzer, I fell asleep and missed AtA last week, did you miss me?:c Anyway, here are the questions:
1. Lanzer and everybody else, do you like this .GIF?
/Animated Gif of Rufus fighting a monstrous Kitten Star; was deleted after the user who first created the Kitten Star edit complained about its unauthorized use here/
2. I'm wondering, why doesn't the Chinese version of Gaia(gonline) have a Rufus like NPC?
3. What would you think if I made a GIF of you fighting Rufus?
4. Who would win, you or Rufus?
5. What is the weirdest thing you have seen in Gaia HQ?

Kitten Star isn't evil!

They ate all the cats in China

It wouldn't be a fair fight, Rufus is too smart

Someone taking our storage room as his bedroom for a month

Lanzer
Jeddi-kun
Hi Lanzer & Staff! smile

I have a couple questions to ask, this is my first time to attend AtA so I'd love if you could reply!

First of all-- Were Aquarium items like Cecil, Raider Shih's Garments, and Pirate Sando's Vests made rarer in the chest, or is that just a result of more items being put into the pot of available items? Will there be a feature released to stop the inflation/average out the rarity of the items? Or is it safe to say that it will stay this way?

Also: The gold lotto. We know that the ticket cost is 100g each, but how much is actually going into the jackpot? If it was 100g, then the numbers should always end in 00-- But they do not. So how is the jackpot determined?

Thank you, and please answer questions! heart

Rarity of items are usually affected by addition of new items, we usually don't have the time (or smarts) to go in and tweak the rarity.

The jackpot is a major portion of the total amount contributed by all Gaians. Like every single lotto in the world, a portion of it is used for inflation control, or considered as taxes.

Lanzer
scullylam
xd oh lanzer. i haven't picked a costume yet either. more importantly, today is my birthday. *lol*

so, lanzer and everyone, are you excited with the idea of voip in zomg? will you use it when talking to your crew or just be shy and stick with typing?

brennivin. undies. boyshorts. please? and yes, even further, argyle pattern. pretty pretty please? and available in daily chance? whee *puppy eyes*

also, i have leftover cake and ice cream. want some? ^_^

Happy birthday!

Well when I play I play with friends sitting around me, so I don't need to voip. smile But I'll probably end up using it one way or another

Only the chocolate ones biggrin

Lanzer
Profane Chaos
Gah. Didn't think of any good questions this week.

Lanzer, in general, do you prefer Manga, or Anime?

Edit: Are there any plans to incorporate Hatsya [Saiph's sister, featured in the Lonely Star] more into the plot?

I'm more of a manga fan that buy anything in sight. This terrible habit led to about 2500 manga sitting in my manga room.

Not that I know of. I've heard of new characters instead, but we'll see!

Lanzer
sasamiblue
Do you ever feel out of the loop? You seem to often not know things about plot.
How well backed up is Gaia’s data in case all the servers crash like as what recently happened to sidekick users ?
A while back the forums lit up with news of GOnline.
What are Gaia’s plans for other sister or spin-off sites? Is GOnline’s world connected by plot to be in the same world as Gaia? And if so will GOnline’s NPCs appear in plot on Gaia?

You let a wild Elk enter and trash a shop and run it. Are we to believe that the Elk is the actual shop’s owner? Or does Gaia have plans to show us how the shops real owner i9s some one else who invested in a shop and worked hard to make it look nice and is now ticked off that a wild Elk is making a mess of things? And will the Elk be used in a Christmas update ? maybe to pull a sled?
Will “Junk in the trunk” ever be Co-Owned by an other NPC?
Do Elks use mousse?

I know of it but haven't watched it. I'm not a huge fan of the style

Yeah, ever since everyone worked on their own stories and backgrounds I haven't got to be in the loop of everything. Usually I get to know about them third hand. Spending so much time on the forum projects doesn't help...

We have back-up servers for every database and we do archive user's data on a daily basis for basic data, and then we have snapshots for items that users own. We use that data for recovering hacked accounts at times. Very bad bugs in the past led us to be prepared for the worst of disasters now days.

Gonline is a completely independent site mainly because the culture and regulations in China is so different. NPC's are also completely different, catered strictly to the China team's preferences.

It's an Elk, it's perfect! We don't need someone else to help trash up the place. smile

Lanzer
Kestin Sha
Hi again! ^^

-Lanzer, do you have any idea how hard I was squeeing after you said I was awesome?? biggrin

-This is gonna be my Halloween costume. D'you like it? o:

-If I suddenly appeared at your house, would you let me come in and hang out?

-Are the admins and the devs locked in silent battle over Gaia's economy? I've noticed that the admins keep releasing more and more sinks, whereas the devs keep lowering prices on cash items and making it easier to get more gold. Case in point: the recipe sellback price suddenly quinvigupled (a fancy way of saying "became 25 times what it used to be" ), and then this new shop comes out with limited-edition items that can be bought for millions. I believe there's a war going on up there on Mount Gaialympus, but nobody else seems to see it. What is your official statement on this?

You look... incredibly intelligent and charismatic! I can't quite say why...

I only let crazy people in my house! Are you crazy?

We're less organized as you think. biggrin With a hundred of us running around, many of the features we make are ideas from individual artists or staff members. Though the thought of an ultimate big brother that makes ominous sounding decisions would be really cool. biggrin

Lanzer
rubyaileen
You should dress as Elviria *LOL*

okay not a lot of questions or anything, but some concerns, this past week or so I have spent more time than usual in fishing at Bassken, and in Slots.

the new users, have no idea where to get tokens, or how to get to other lakes, can something be added somewhere to make nav to these areas easier. By your own admission the world map is no longer used, but yet it is the only way there.

and since I haven't asked for at least a month, any hope of new exchange items for fish, flowers, and paper? please please

thanks

Yes it does feel like we've recently spent too much time working on just store items, storefronts, new stores, and NPC.

Addition of new items for the item exchange and flash games is overdue and an update is needed. I'll fill everyone in when we start working on the update.

Thanks for sharing your concern. Often we get narrow focused and forget about many feature that need maintaining or updating. Please be patient as we get around to the other features.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Lanzer, at 35 minutes past the hour
Hello everyone,

Sorry for being late today. Let's get started!

Lanzer
Darkening Flash
User Image
Hello Lanzer and other staff that I will shoot with cookies to come out of lurking, here are the questions:
1. Why is Rufus so thin in his store art?
2. Who is your favorite NPC?
3. How was your week? c:
4. What is the name/names of your Guinea Pig/Pigs?
5. Who is the weirdest person at Gaia HQ?
6. How many people are on your ignore list?
7. Like my outfit?8D

I think Ian's strict diet regiment paid off!

My fav had been Moria for a long time, but I always liked Ian

Sore, we went to Yosemite and hiked for 12 hours :O

My pig is called Squeegee

Weirdest? I have to hand it to L0cke

None

Need to lighten up on that blood vessel, live a stress free life!

Lanzer
kaykeyser
Ok [NPC] Stein’s a bureaucrat and a Frankenstein and part of a new report system. Will Gaia be creating other NPCs to assist with mod duties?

What is the strangest idea L0cke ever said and did you use it?

Kanoko’s a new shop keeper! Yah! No more side bar character! Was that the plan from the start? Or was it public demand that saved her? You been saying fro weeks “no plans for Kanoko” So any how, what’s next for her? Will she rise to power? Or will she continue her odyssey of Timmy-like bad luck?

Are the Brennivin and Radio Jack who are running the new shop from the Mirror world or are the from our world? They clearly have connections to the RIG but whose world are they from? If they are from the Mirror world did they follow Kanoko out?

Whose funnier? Seth MacFarlane, Seth Green, James L. Brooks, Mel Brooks, Mel blanc, the farrelly brothers, the zucker brothers, the marx brothers, Walt Disney, or monty python?

Sorry I think I need to ask Pepper Tea and Reaper Sun to help answer most of your questions. I'll bring them to the ATA thread next week biggrin

I think Seth Green's the man, not saying that others aren't as brilliant, but I have my favorite over the years.

Lanzer
Platonix
Why don't Cars-equip items, like paintjobs, wheels and decals, get marked in your inventory when you equip them to your car? If you equip something to your Avatar or your Aquarium, it becomes "frozen" and can't be moved, but you can easily move a hood decal from your Car straight into your Storage Locker and not realize what happened until the next time you view your Car.

That's actually something that we should address in the upcoming Gaia Car update. One group added the feature on the avatar system, while another group (mainly our flash guru B5) worked on Cars.

crazy spork i am
Riyko
crazy spork i am
Riyko
Hello lanzer and staff =)
How are you doing today?

Some questions
1. Are you guys going to be dressing up for halloween both on gaia and in real life? What are you going to be? Is the office decorated for halloween? Can you post pictures of the office decorated?

I'm currently making a Halloween dress for myself this year. I'm not dressing up as anything in particular...just putting together an outfit for the spirit of the holiday biggrin

Awesome whee when you're done you should post a picture of it (i'd like to see it =D)

I've got an in progress shot:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

crazy spork i am
Riyko
I like that it's very pretty and I love the material you're using.

I really really couldn't resist the Halloween section at Joanns razz

Lanzer
sasamiblue
People love to PM NPCs do you have any funny stories to share regarding a message sent from a user to an NPC?
Do Elks use mousse?

Dr. Singh and Sasha are the two most hated NPCs on Gaia. People used to hate Laim until he started dating Sam, and we all saw changes in personality among Gino and Gambino too , are there plans to develop Dr. Singh and Sasha and make us start to care? Make us start to feel like there actions are justifiable and forgivable? Or are you going to keep making them worse and worse characters until we have a community lynching?

We've got gold sellers to zOMG beta tester offers to NPC, always amusing how none of our NPC took up on any of those offers smile

That would be a moose

I'm sure Rufus can feel for any other animal placed to look after a store

I think Peyo would be more interested in riding an Elk

Josie wouldn't resort to violence :O

Hey I happen to be one of those who like Dr Singh, but maybe that's because I always fantasize about throwing people in toxic waste. Overall the NPC will always be who they are, liked by some and not others, and instead of changes, there will be more NPC being introduced. Hopefully there will be more NPC to be liked

Lanzer
rubyaileen
wos I thought I was late...mainly just stopping in to say thanks for the reply last week.

But since I am earlier than I thought...any word from Sisky on the remaining 07 fishing trophies and when they might come our way?

Yeah Sisky told me that she just got time to look into the 07 fishing trophies, so please thank her for her time! And thank you all who dedicated the time and patience.

crazy spork i am
Inu_Hero
Oh! I have a question!

What is everyone's favorite type of Halloween candy?

Smarties biggrin

I also like Milky Way bars too.

Lanzer
L Himmel
Evening Lanzer! biggrin heart

My 3 questions are:

1. Any chance we could get SDPlus Dolls of the leaders of S.I.N. and B.O.O. and perhaps Josie in next month's R.I.G.?

2. Also, any plans for manga plot anytime soon? I'd really love to see some serious plot going on instead of this soap opera romance. -___-'

3. You've mentioned a planned update to the World Map a couple weeks, and the art staff have expressed their interest in expanding upon Gaia's world. My last question is, when will we see this update, and will this be new World Map areas, or a new version of the World Map?

Thank you for your time Lanzer. biggrin

That wasn't in the plan but we'll see what happens

We're placing much more emphasis on NPC plot for Christmas instead of Halloween this year, where this year's event would be more focused on gameplay

There's been a lot of thinking towards what is a good way of presenting the Gaia world and how different parts of the world represent the Gaia features and also the Gaians here. It's gonna take a while to realize so don't hold your breath! But we're thinking through it right now.

crazy spork i am
Hoshioni
crazy spork i am
Hoshioni
hey crazy spork would it be too much trouble to ask if you could make more male hair, males lack nice cheap hair. i like tweaked as it has long bangs that dont cover the eyes with tall spikes.

I can't make any guarantees but I could probably try comping out some hair designs or something in the near future. I haven't done any pixel work in a while though!

if ive been here since flame pants were cool and tweaked is still the oly style ill ever use i think its a problem....(as too many people use the same 3 or 4 male styles as females have like seemingly hundreds)

ps i owned your doll......sad to see how unrespected it was value totally died..XD

(do you guys compete to see whos doll will sell the most...XD)

I've never really thought about competition! I thought it was a really nice gesture for Reapersun to make dolls of us though biggrin

Lanzer
Riyko
Hello lanzer and staff =)
How are you doing today?

Some questions
1. Are you guys going to be dressing up for halloween both on gaia and in real life? What are you going to be? Is the office decorated for halloween? Can you post pictures of the office decorated?
2. Is there anything you guys can do to prevent events and/or event items and rigs from being leaked? I love visiting the GCD, but I hate to come here around events and new rigs because of all the leaks (I enjoy finding out what the event and the items are the day the event starts.

Yeah we're gonna be dressing up definitely. I haven't decided what to dress up as!

Usually we're not that sensitive about leaks as we thought everyone liked a good doze of hints, but I should ask around for people's preferences before coming to that conclusion and address the leak issue.

Lanzer
Black Magnolia
Good Evening~! heart How did ya like today’s and last week’s rain Hnn~?

Oh Why is Girl’s Deep Purple eyes a different color purple than the rest of the purple eyes?

LOL tonight seems SLLLOOW~ XD

I like the rain when I'm at home, but not during a 12 hour hike, which is what happened yesterday! eek

It might started out as a bug

Sorry for being late :O

crazy spork i am
Inu_Hero
crazy spork i am
Inu_Hero
Lanzer and Devs, I have a question!

I was going to ask it on the first page tonight, but I guess I'll ask it now. sweatdrop

Question:

I was very tired today and I almost fell asleep in one of the library's chairs at my college. But when Gaia employees get tired and need a napping break, is there a place they can go to at Gaia HQ to take a nap? o.o

Sometimes I crack open a Red Bull or take a walk around to wake up.

So no official napping room then? D:

There used to be a nap room...I think it's used for storage now, hahaa

crazy spork i am
Jayce Reinhardt
Ashlizzle
crazy spork i am
Sometimes I crack open a Red Bull or take a walk around to wake up.

rofl that's funny

I used to drink Amp a lot but fizzy stuff doesn't like me.

Sobe Adrenaline used to be my energy drink of choice back in college razz

crazy spork i am
Ashlizzle
crazy spork i am
Black Magnolia
Good Evening~! heart How did ya like today’s and last week’s rain Hnn~?

Oh Why is Girl’s Deep Purple eyes a different color purple than the rest of the purple eyes?

LOL tonight seems SLLLOOW~ XD

Man, that rain was crazy! Kirby and I were driving up from Southern California last weekend because we went to celebrate our birthdays and to spend some time with my family biggrin Our birthdays are a day apart!

hey, u think the rain in calie's bad, u should drive up 2 oregon coast and stay a week in the winter, that'll change ur ideas about rain

I am afraid of cold sweatdrop

Lanzer
Hoshioni
1.I know people love gaia and all its stuff and want it to grow and that you need sponcership to do so.but is there a way you could at least pick and choose better more agreeable sponcers like Coca~Cola or Shounen Jump.I feel that if you had more agreeable sponcers that relate to what people like, or as wansnt one sided as skittles.itd be better for us all.

2. why not make it to where, people have the option to choose between the old and new site navagation?

3.why does gaiaonline burn so much ram on computers?

4. who in gaia staff has that scarf obession.

Sponsorship is much of a two way street where they allow us to gain the profit and build better features for Gaians, and at the same time it's more of a ratio of some sponsors are for one type of users while others are for another type. If a sponsor really isn't a good fit for almost everyone, we actually turn them down and had done so for many times in the past. Meanwhile, your comments and feedback often help shape our decisions in the future.

Navigation continues to evolve and it'll be really hard to maintain in the future if we go that route. For example, if we kept all 5 versions, and we add a new feature, we would need to update 5 menu systems. Instead, we introduced a customized quick link feature for users to put their favorite features in one place as a compromise. Our end goal is to have something short and easy to use, but it is a hard thing to get right.

We are currently running a UI library that allows for more graphics and special effects. Hopefully as a slim down on the code, Gaia will be less memory intensive.

Lanzer
KaylaGalela
Looks like I'm not as late as I thought I was. Or is it because everyone is too busy with the RIG and leaks? Too bad I don't have any good questions to ask.

Um, let's see... Oh, not a question, but thanks for toning the facebook button down. 3nodding

You're welcome. The intention was to put up something as a promotion to leverage friend building across Gaia and it wasn't a permanent item. Gaian's feedback mattered a lot on the changes we make.

Thank you for attending this week's ATA. See you all next week!

crazy spork i am
L Himmel
Hey spork, mind if I ask a quick questin? Do you know if there's been any discussion about possible design themed contets for zOMG! in the future? I know a lot of users would love to submit their ideas on Animated, Rings & quests even.

Personally, I'd love to see a Fluff Design contest. Nitemare fluff ftw! whee

I haven't been working on zOMG in a long while so I'm not sure on the way things get handled over there. I've always liked seeing user submitted work though...interesting insight that we sometimes don't see biggrin

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
October 26th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

The Halloween event is almost ready, yet I still haven't got a new costume for myself! Looks like I might show up as a sumo wrestler again. biggrin

What I'm really looking forward to are the candy sale after Halloween. Hoping to stock up on my favorite candy!

Sorry for being late yet again! I need to stop this nasty habit of working at 6.

Lanzer
Kazuma Ishimaru
Hope you all are ready for Halloween and got your costumes.
Lanzer, did you go for Indiana Jones or something else? :3
(a sumo wrestler?! XD)

Reaper and Pepper! So very glad to have you two here. Are you dressing up as well? What will you be?

Okay, on to the real questions!

- Lanzer; we recently got a new garage, but what about the rest of our house? What I'm saying is, are houses going to get more attention soon? Perhaps new items to pack our house with? Our a bigger area with separate rooms? (great gold sink idea)
-Reaper and Pepper! I want to know: what do you do in your time off to relieve the stress? Anything in particular like food/drink? (Boba/Bubble tea? :3)

( Good luck Reaper...and godspeed D: )

Sorry I failed to grab Reaper and Pepper this week. I'll try again next week. First I need to sneak out of meetings early

Housing is tougher because it needs to be completely re-written while cars was more of an update. Housing and Towns update is definitely being planned. Though it will be a wait, sorry.

Lanzer
MrsrachaelSnape
Hello, Lanzer and others

my questions are:

1. Who do I turn to for a request for laying change for a RIG item/s? I don't want to make a thread in sf.

2. Will there be more Heros' items in the future?

3. Is there a story behind your user name?

SF is probably the best place to go, while contacting an admin could also help.

Not in the near future.

It was originally "Lancer", then when I got on the internet there was already a Lancer there! Back then everyone has a unique nickname, so I changed the spelling. Can you imagine a time when the whole Internet has less than a million people chatting?

Lanzer
Fallen_Real
Hi again Lanzer and Gaia staff! I have some more questions:

I’ve asked this before, but with the creation of “Dernier Cri” and Brennivin’s appearance, it brings up the question about the world of Gaia’s relation to our world, especially since Brennivin’s shop’s name is French, and his name is Icelandic schnapps. He also speaks various Icelandic words.

So, again, what is Gaia’s relationship to our world, or to an alternate version of our world?
If Gaia is an alternate of our world, how similar and how different are they? Obviously, there is a version of Iceland, or a language that developed in a similar manner from Old Norse that resembles Icelandic.

Next, it seems that it’s hard for the various staff to get things done in a timely manner. Is this a result of the economy(less people working), or is it hard to find people qualified to work on a site such as Gaiaonline?

Lastly, in zOMG!, we were able to trade Null Fragments for Orbs and Rings with Nicolae, but this was removed without a major announcement, and many of use still have lots of Null Fragments we cannot redeem or remove from our inventory. Can you ask Qixter and the zOMG! Team if they plan to reopen trading with Nicolae? (I don’t expect an answer; I just hope that you bring it up to them.)

Gaia is a cross between the fantasy world and the real world. There are no France in Gaia, but there are Gaians who are French. smile The original story about Gaia involves a chunk of the real world that teleported to a fantasy world. Would be fun to draw out that comic one day.

Gaia faces the problem of a lack of people and a lack of talent. Because we're not earning money hand over fist, we can only hire so much people to program, then there are pockets where we need people with very specific skillsets, and we often can't get those specialized people because those people are usually hired by really big and prestigious companies.

I'll bring your concern up with Qixter tomorrow.

Narumi Misuhara
MrsrachaelSnape
Narumi Misuhara
Various People
Narumi Misuhara
Aaaaah I'm late, hello everyone.
MrsrachaelSnape:
Hello, how are you? Don't worry lanzer was late as well wink

Kazuma Ishimaru:
Yay! Someone else!!
What are dressing up as for Halloween Narumi?!

Princess-Orphelia:
Hello Narumi *waves*.
Gives some Aussie cookies..

I'm doing great!

For Halloween I'm going to be a victorian vampire, complete with top hat...and cane if it gets here on time *glares at ebay -_-*

oooooo Cookies!

You guys better post pictures! When does the bid end?

it already did, just worried something will happen with shipping and it won't get here on time.

Lanzer
Inu_Hero
Hello Lanzer and Devs! ^^

Questions:

1. Will Gaia ever release a feature showing our saved avatar outfits in our posts or on our profiles just like in the “Display Friends” feature?

2. How’s the new Search function coming along? : o

3. Lanzer, what is your favorite type of Halloween candy? Also, do you know what you are going to be for Halloween yet? Are you considering an Indiana Jones costume? xD

Question for Gaia Artists:

1. How long does it take you to come up with the inspiration of an EI, then all of its in-between poses, and the final evolutions of the EI? Does your inspiration for an EI just come naturally to you or do you have to think about it for many hours?

2. Also... What is your favorite type of Halloween candy and what are you going to be for Halloween? : D

Thank you for answering my questions! ^^

We actually have a new post type feature coming up for posting picture posts or video posts. I'll ask about avatar post and see if it can accommodate for outfits too.

Darknrgy: So there's the infrastructure is all in place, and the forum feature team is putting together the search app (as in the web interface). Hoping to have something before the end of year.

I like the tiny Twix. I love the bite size version of my favorite chocolate bar.

Narumi Misuhara
Annasay
Ashlizzle
Kazuma Ishimaru
Yay! Someone else!!

What are dressing up as for Halloween Narumi?!
r u guys going to have a costume party @ the office?

If so, be sure to post pictures! smile

Party in the USA lunch room!

Narumi Misuhara
Psychermiasis
Narumi Misuhara
I'm doing great!

For Halloween I'm going to be a victorian vampire, complete with top hat...and cane if it gets here on time *glares at ebay -_-*

oooooo Cookies!

lol ebay,
hey rate my profile... 4laugh plz? emo

I have peeked at thy profile and have declared it good smile

You have mini peeps on a beach! Ooooh Yeeeeaaah!

Narumi Misuhara
Kazuma Ishimaru
Hey Narumi! Is there any specific item you want introduced onto (into?) Gaia?

Nothing specific, would be cool to have animated items...imagine if the magicians hat in Demri Cri sparkled! Or the cape waved!

warrior_of_boognish
Izabella Vivian
@booger:

I can has terminator armorz?

It's Carcino~

I dun think Termie Armor would work on the base, Carcin...might be funny thought who knows : U

....But dat Heaaad
Kazuma Ishimaru
Boognish made it!

Boog! Boog, what are you dressing up as for halloween?

Probably nothin....I'm boring and un-assuming that way (hopefully I can acquire beer before then to keep me company)
crossbon
O wat Boogy is here 8D
*TOTALLY NOT STALKING YOU*

Uhhh so if you had to make something really cute? What would it be??

And no, machine guns don't count.

Cross: I don't know actually...something involving super happy rainbow unicorn times I guess : E
dakki-dono
I guess?

This one just exploded a lot more so tonight.

speaking of exploding, can you make a gun that shoots out of the crotch and call it the "crotch rocket" for me, boog? It would be the best item since DJs.

Best item since the DJ's....

ORLY?

Narumi Misuhara
happysugarhunny
Narumi - Which male NPC do you think would look the coolest pregnant?

Edmund, he could pull it off

Lanzer
dakki-dono
Sup admins, devs.

I have but one question, and it’s been *cough* killing me.

We all know how black people die in movies first. It’s a given. If it’s not first, you can bet your bottom dollar that they’re pushing up daises by the end by some horrid/sacrifical/tragic death.

So I ask...

Why are there no good, dark undead skins? gonk I’ve recently been turned into a vampire, but to my distress, there was no dead looking dark, dark skintone. I thought this was something that would be covered quickly with how movies go. But apparently in Gaia, black people are immortal and/or invincible.

I know there are a lot of bluish ones, and then there’s the dark elves...but black people do not turn blue or grey or purple or green when they die. That wouldn’t make any sense. It don’t even fit.

So will I be able to be a proper blackula in the future? Even just a slightly less contrasted version of the E(?) Tone skin would be awesome. Just a little greyed, even.

Sorry for the insensitivity towards the issue with races on Gaia. Sometimes it's a matter of not having to create multiple versions of the skin for the event when we have a time constraint, other times it's because it was too hard to have dark skins that blocks details on certain items. For now, please allow us to be a little insensitive, but when we get a chance we'll be sure to expand the selection of skin colors. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff