Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,550 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Umm...do really know how to work this but what exactly are the sacred keys used for? I keep running into those treasure boxes that pop up at the top of the screen and whenever I try to use the keys I already have it wants me to buy one out of the cash shop. I think that's ridiculous rolleyes considering that I have three sacred keys. Any ideas?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Ch3lsie3100
Umm...do really know how to work this but what exactly are the sacred keys used for? I keep running into those treasure boxes that pop up at the top of the screen and whenever I try to use the keys I already have it wants me to buy one out of the cash shop. I think that's ridiculous rolleyes considering that I have three sacred keys. Any ideas?
You're talking about two different kinds of key there. The Sacred Keys, which you're given for free each time your Gaiaversary rolls around, are used for Alchemy; you need to expend one in order to start a Legendary Backwings quest, and there may be other ways to use them in Alchemy later. The keys you need to unlock the Lucky Chest RIG are called Luck Keys, and they are only available in the Cash Shop or the Marketplace.

3,550 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Platonix
Ch3lsie3100
You're talking about two different kinds of key there. The Sacred Keys, which you're given for free each time your Gaiaversary rolls around, are used for Alchemy; you need to expend one in order to start a Legendary Backwings quest, and there may be other ways to use them in Alchemy later. The keys you need to unlock the Lucky Chest RIG are called Luck Keys, and they are only available in the Cash Shop or the Marketplace.

What do you mean I need to expend one in order to start a Legendary Backwings quest? I'm sorry if I'm asking a dumb question or too many questions lol!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Ch3lsie3100
Platonix
Ch3lsie3100

What do you mean I need to expend one in order to start a Legendary Backwings quest? I'm sorry if I'm asking a dumb question or too many questions lol!
Alchemy, much like the Game Item Exchanges or Nicolae's recipe crafting for zOMG!, involves gathering ingredients and turning them in to get the result item. The first formula you complete in a Backwings Quest has a Sacred Key as one of the components.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
April 9th

biglanky14
Hi everyone,

Welcome to this week's Ask The Admin! We'll be starting right at 5pm PT, and will be here until about 6:15-6:30pm PT.

A couple of notes before we begin:

-We're a little shorthanded today as Lanzer had a sick pet emergency (sounds like everything is ok), so thanks for being patient. As always we'll get to as many questions as we can, but based strictly on volume we can't get to everything.

-We got a good number of questions about CrossStitch last week. We are indeed working on the results (although there isn't public voting this time). Stay tuned for more stuff on this soon.

-We are still working on reducing the amount of chance involved in the Philosopher's Cache within Alchemy, and how we can give you guys some degree of choice over what you get. We made some good progress last week, and hopefully will have something for you there soon as well.

-If you haven't checked it out already, I still have my thread running in SF on a few potential new ideas we could pursue. Chime in with your feedback!

-Finally, we have gotten some questions about how we choose which posts to respond to. There really isn't a magic formula - we try to get to as many as possible, we look for questions that haven't already been answered several times, and that generally represent questions that we think much of the community would have. On the flip side, we probably will ignore questions/comments that are overly abusive or basically a rant.

I hope you guys are enjoying the Easter event! Those chocolate Diedrichs are far too fast for me....

biglanky14
Constipated Trillionaire
How about rotating the items in Dernier Cri a little more often now that you're asking for them in the quest formulas?

It's bad enough that you're asking for several items that cost several million in the store, but then you ask for an item like the smouldering helm. They're harder to find than the quest formulas themselves, as far as I can tell it's been over a year since it was last in the Dernier Cri.

Hi CT,

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll pass that along to that team.

DARKNRGY
Platonix
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

I highly recommend taking advantage of these threads!!! Big thanks to Platonix for doing this tirelessly. A lot of repeat questions we get in AtA are covered in past AtAs.

biglanky14
MrsrachaelSnape
Hi staff!

my questions are:

1. Can we one a mini event where we have a new news reporter that's more "fair and balanced"?

2. Is lanzer's pet ok?

3. When does the Zomg event end?

Hi MRS,

Good to see you smile

1) Maybe - we've got lots of ideas for mini-events kicking around smile

2) Yup, sound like it fortunately.

3) I'm not entirely sure - I'm guessing it'll be into next week.
DJ Helsing
swarf sent out a dev notice and i believe that he said that it would come down the same time that the gaia event comes down.

DARKNRGY
Sasune
Constipated Trillionaire

How about rotating the items in Dernier Cri a little more often now that you're asking for them in the quest formulas?

It's bad enough that you're asking for several items that cost several million in the store, but then you ask for an item like the smouldering helm. They're harder to find than the quest formulas themselves, as far as I can tell it's been over a year since it was last in the Dernier Cri.

This. Or offer an alternate path that doesn't require limited edition items. I remember someone mentioning in another thread that the North Kitten Star formula requires kitty fluff plushies, but those fluff bundles are no longer being sold.

The tentative decision is to phase out any need for components for items that are no longer generated. Or release 1 for 1 in the marketplace, but that's not as appealing because of the complexity. There could be exceptions, but yeah, a formula won't work if the item doesn't exist anywhere :3.

Zero Omega
Crystal Sparda
I ditched my post style temporarily... ninja

1. Is there any way we can get rule updates for most/all the forums?
I ask because there has been cases where rules aren't specific enough, causing users to believe certain rules mean something other than what their true meaning is.
Also, it would be nice to be able to discuss the state of a forum with just those forum members and not have it go to the GCD or Chatterbox for discussing the actual forum. If we want to discuss forum-specific matters with only that forum, we don't want the whole GCD giving rants and raves about the topic when they don't exactly know the backstory. So, would admin do rule updates, or is it something that needs to just be discussed with the specific forum mods?

2. OHMYGAWD, I managed to get enough rainbow diedrichs yesterday to get my first set of event items! Why is there no rainbow Diedrich in the flock of Diedrichs item? Why no Easter Bunny costume in the Treehouse? I dearly love the items we did get, but kinda clueless as to why EB wasn't made when there has been love shown for him a lot lately.

3. Who ate the most chocolate diedrichs bunnies for Easter yesterday? xd

Ummm... yeah... I couldn't remember the real questions I was gonna ask, so this post was half-assed. I wouldn't blame ya if you skipped over it. ^w^;

1. Rules/updates are something that are mods think of all the time in order to help make more things make sense, or clarify certain things. I think our rules layout in general needs an update (we don't have the report button anymore, for example). However, as for general rules of forums, that's something we really update based on mod feedback when they work the forum. However, if you feel any forums in particular need rule reviews, feel free to make a thread in SF.

milkbun
MrsrachaelSnape
milkbun
*waves hello to all*

re-color questions

re-color in fairy wings any time soon?

re-color for magic school in hufflepuff colors soonish?

yes... maybe something like this... soon...
siskataya
MrsrachaelSnape
Existential Existence
if you make red fairy wings

someone will make pie

just letting you know....

it really benefits the whole world!

Not baking pie for the whole world. But yes wonderful things will happen!

Thanks for the suggestions - we'll pass them along! And please don't try to bake pie for the whole world. That might kill you, and we'd like you to stick aorund! Besides, you'd be stuck baking pie day and night FOREVER! eek

- Sisky
biglanky14
siskataya
MrsrachaelSnape
I'll just bake pie for my sister! Plus trying to bake pie for the world would be costly, and there always those pie hates! Hoe your having a great day!

It would be costly - save your money! And you know, there will always be haters. Some of them will be PIE HATERS. But we will ignore the haters won't we? How can anyone hate PIE?!?! eek Hope you are having a great day as well.

By the way, did you like the Justin Bieber Doll in the April Fool's Day video? XD
-Sisky

What the world needs more of is Grasshopper Pie - the greatest pie known to man.
biglanky14
Sasune
biglanky14
MrsrachaelSnape
I'm guessing that your favorite! Don't think I had it .

It's marshmallow cream with Creme de Menthe in there for a nice minty flavor, and crushed Oreo crust. Freeze it so it has some firmness, and IT IS THE BEST THING EVER IN THE WHOLE WORLD, UNIVERSE, GALAXY, AND ALL LOCAL ZIP CODES.

Is creme de menthe alcoholic?

I think so, but you can't taste it. Although with all that pie I ate when I was 12, that could explain my current mental state.
siskataya
Actually, Creme de menthe *is* alcoholic, but you can make a very tasty Grasshopper Pie without the alcohol - just use various essential mint extracts instead! Some people even use crushed candy canes/mints. biggrin

Sisky

DJ Helsing
Sasune
DJ Helsing
hey everyone hope all is well.

I'll be lurking so feel free to throw questions my way!

Have you recovered from Sakura Con?

yea it was a great event tons of fun hanging out with you guys and chilling at the con i can't wait till my next con!

milkbun
Druddigon
Hello devs today marks my 5th year with Gaia!

Anyway,got some random questions

1:Tomorrow the game Skullgirls comes out you might know that this game was made with the help of former ex artist o_8 do you guys plan on playing? biggrin

2: Does this event link to the next Halloween event?

3:Which Peeps do you prefer the Bunnies or the chicks?

o_8 has been kind enough to make visits to the office and let us try it out. I know a lot of staffers will purchase it too as it's so much fun.

P.S. I don't like peeps crying

DARKNRGY
Sasune
DARKNRGY
Existential Existence
Well that was weird, I accidentally deleted my own post! Re-posting:

I have nothing to bring to the table except repetitive nudges towards:
1) non-competitive avatar arenas (public avatar gallery without having to enter the contest part of the arenas)
2) re-evaluation of <3/</3 system
and
3) static pose for zOMG summon buddies since it looks like they're not going to get any in-game functions

biggrin That is all. This post doesn't need a reply...

Hope you all enjoyed the easter weekend!

We are not actively working on all three of these, but I can comment on 1 and 2 because we did talk about it recently. These are just my personal observations.

1) One of the ideas that was kicked around was .. basically a vote-up for avatars. Although we actually were initially thinking about it in terms of a leaderboard so it still was competitive. We did think there was some value in letting people vote-up avatars though - sort of a <3 button that would make the avatar owner feel warm and fuzzy. It could go into a gallery but I suspect the best way to display it would be by number of votes. Or rather a "rank" which is just a more sophisticated voting system that has some decay, etc. Out of the recent ideas we reviewed that one made it to the list of things we want to explore but won't be working on immediately.

2) The concern with <3/</3 is understandable. A lot of times a positive-only feedback (like button) is the best way to go because people can't grief others with the negative vote. The thinking was this: In the context of a forum thread, if we only looked at up-votes, it would essentially be a popularity contest. A thread could potentially be very good but not have a very good score because it doesn't have a lot of visibility. That's the purpose of the down-vote - to control for visibility.

With that said, I think it could be better. If we did not show the number of votes and instead just showed a "rank", the negative feedback mechanism would be abstracted and therefore less fruitful for the troll. We could also potentially remove the down-vote, but we would need to come up with another way to control for visibility - possibly by counting the number of views.

So again, these are sort of on our radar but not being actively pursued as projects. I just thought I'd share.

I talked to DJ Helsing about the <3/</3 voting thing, and he said that there was an idea that you could just show a percentage of likes. Would that be better than the current system?

Yeah, that was my idea 4laugh . The % would be slightly better in my opinion. I'm reviving a ranking system I designed last year in hopes that we can use it for things like this. Options are on the table.
DARKNRGY
Platonix
DARKNRGY
1) One of the ideas that was kicked around was .. basically a vote-up for avatars. [etc.]

Since today's AtA is going a fair bit slower than recent ones have, I'll toss in my initial reaction to this idea. It sounds like you're talking about leting people <3 avatars in the forums, so that you can do it with any Gaia user...how would you handle the issue of changing avatars? It seems to me that the only fair thing to do when someone changes their avatar is to reset the count, and some people change their avatars so often they'd never get much of a <3 count built up.

Yeah that's one problem we saw with the idea in general. If the votes go away after you change, then people would be discouraged from changing, which we don't think would be good! So we had this concept with attaching votes to outfits and a few other little ideas. None of the options seemed rock solid though which is one of the reasons we shelved the idea for now.
DARKNRGY
Existential Existence
DARKNRGY
Existential Existence
1) Avatar ranking seems like a hassle though, some people just want a place to store avatars in a public gallery so they can show it off to friends, without putting the avatar into any sort of ranking system. Instead of having a place to show people their avatars, they save screenshots of their avatars (or tekteks) to their journals, random threads, etc.....why not give people a space/place to do this on an official Gaia page? It would be used by a lot of people I think. It might even re-direct a lot of new traffic to the arenas page if ones gallery were hosted in the same area (but still separate, like how Original and Cosplay arenas are separate.

2) If the purpose for </3 is to control for visibility I think that's not a really good purpose to have a </3 button. As it is, people rarely <3 a thread unless it is custom to or the OP asks for <3's, so unless someone has 100 mules and <3's all their threads I don't think there will be much problem with popular status. Popular threads will be eventually gain popular thread status though regardless of </3's, at least in forums outside of SF, because if one wants their thread to have popular status, one will simply gain the necessary votes by asking nice people. So as it is, IMO </3 does not really do much by the way of controlling visibility, at least for threads outside of SF. Getting 100+ people to <3 a thread is a really tough feat, you know? And even in SF I think most people gauge popularity/importance of an issue by page views numbers more so than by <3/</3 (unless we're talking about "like" popularity of a thread...but even then, in SF, the popular status of an idea is pretty much a no-brainer).

But that is really cool you are thinking about alternatives and WOOO!! Yes, it could be better. Those are some good ideas and I hope an idea shines out of the ones you have that works well for the community, that could have good potential as a project to work on. biggrin

Thanks for the reply

Alight, fair enough. I agree with some points but not others. Ranking is a pretty deep topic and I don't pretend to be an expert. It seems to work differently in different communities and it really takes a good deal of exploration to find something that works. Thanks for the input.

Yeah it works differently in different places...which is so confusing when you try to evaluate what <3/</3 means for a thread, because it's hugely ambiguous symbol so people are all going to use it in different ways, appropriately or inappropriately...

Also, I find myself having more to say about the "vote up" for avatars thing...

I was reading again on what you said about Avatars ranking and honestly -and this doesn't really have much to do with the ideas you mentioned for Avatars, so if it feels like I'm shooting down the idea, it's not because it's bad - it's just not the type of stuff I'd be interested to see...personally (and IDK if the majority of people also want this), I just want to see a place where people can store past avatars in a gallery, so they can have a place where they can share past avatars (they've made with items they owned...not tekteks) with friends. I only have like 116 or so cookies in a spring clean thread, but this idea is mostly just a personal preference for a feature.

It would be nice for once to get a feature where people can interact with it without an overhanging culture of being judged or a sense of elitism (good ratings) being important. Like with alchemy, there's elitism there ("alchemy is for rich people" ). With <3/</3 there's judgment there (good or bad). With the avatar ranking system that was mentioned in your post, I can see elitism/judgment there. With the art shops idea proposed in Lanky's thread and the Forum Wars proposal, there's potential for judgement/elitism there. Some people just want to get away from that overhanging presence of being judged when they interact with a Gaia feature. It would be a nice break to get a feature where the feature functions without self-egoism via outside judgment involved (although i realize alchemy doesn't necessarily bring in outside judgment). ;D

These are just my thoughts/feelings...no need for a response. and again thanks for reading

Ha Ha! I'm responding anyway! Yeah I misunderstood your first comment about an avatar gallery. Sorry, was distracted by nerf darts and other flying objects/people. I get what you're saying about the context of being judged in all spaces. Will keep it in mind. Thanks for the feedback.

milkbun
Sasune
milkbun
*waves hello to all*
Hey, would you happen to know who the artist for Duck in a Box is?

*looks up* HMM wow this item was made 4 years ago @___@. Sorry no idea.
Buki
Huhmm... I really don't know who made it, sorry.. :/

biglanky14
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Evening, staff. Below is a statement that somebody posted in Site Feedback that I think is a good example of some of the unprofessionalism that takes place in Gaia HQ.
Quote:
I have known about this for a while now and have taken some good honest time to think on this so that when I responded it wouldn't be out of anger and frustration.

Leaving an area clearly glitched and another unfinished is nothing new when people develop games. It happens all the time to companies that want to have their very own "cool, flashy, original" game however, most of those games do not practically fall to their knees throwing out items or make a "participation" bar all based on their users spending money for the product. That is the mistake that Gaia HQ has made. They allowed developers to come up with an amazing BETA game that continued to have a solid following always ready for the next challenge, only the HQ let down the community and those who worked hard on this amazing game.

I often wonder what kind of people run a business. It requires someone(s) who is able to understand the people that work for them and those who use their product. In the case of Gaia it has always been clear that they are disconnected from each and every person in their offices and outside of them.

I don't pretend to know anything about their yearly income, but I will say that it is likely higher than we even know. The cash offers that we do for "free" GC generates them money, ALL the items that people have purchased for zOMG generates them money, the MC and EIs generates them money, the cash shop itself with all the other items generates them money, the chance items generates them money, people buying items from the gold shops with cash generates them money. I find myself questioning HOW a project like zOMG suffers when there is so much more income than many think about, and that is with me likely forgetting a few other incomes they have.

They were able to pay for a full staffs salary with just MC earnings once upon a time, there is no reason that I see (feel free to show me REAL proof against it) that they cannot have people even working part-time on zOMG to not only fix these glitches (I have been stuck with the DMS one for so long I have nearly lost interest) and continue working on new content.

You say you need MORE people to take an interest in the game, why should they when the people really in charge of the game won't take an interest in them?

I honest to goodness feel for the artists and developers of zOMG. They do not nor did not deserve to see their hard work shoved aside.

Another thing I want to bring up is this thread. If those posts were actually made by a Gaia employee, they need to be fired.

Also, can you make it so that people who own the B.O.O. and S.I.N. skins can either trash them or place them in storage? I’m tired of seeing the B.O.O. skin in my inventory and I want to get rid of it.

Hi Lady Aji,

I understand that people are frustrated with the fact that we won't be doing major work on zOMG in the future. But as we stated before, it's just not something we can justify as a business right now. This post in particular makes a lot of assumptions, and if it was making money hand over fist, we'd be able to pour resources into it. But it's not.

Thanks for the other thread. I don't know much about this, and we'll look into it. If it is indeed an employee, we'll take care of it internally.

Can you do me a favor and PM me a reminder about the skins? That'll help me remember to pass that along. Thanks!

codemonkey37179
Princess-Orphelia
codemonkey37179
Princess-Orphelia
Hi everyone, and Happy Easter.

I hope I'm not too late ...

Got a question or two to ask.

Firstly, we're all loving the Easter event. However, some of us [in fact a lot of us] have trouble in flash space and therefore have trouble obtaining the Purple, Teal, and Orange bunnies. Can you somehow implement it so that we have obtain them via the forums. Just to make it fair for those who can't get them? crying

Other than this, thank you for the awesome event. We're all enjoying it muchly! biggrin

Hi Princess-Orphelia, are you not able to access the flash space at all?

I have, but it lags me net a lot and so I just gave up. From what I hear many people are going through the same thing. So I thought I'd let you know. sweatdrop

We did update it just before the weekend to help speed it up. Can you try making your own room?
codemonkey37179
Princess-Orphelia
I did. I actually tried it a few times. Got in there on my own, and then when it lagged, I just didn't try it again. I mean, for me it's no big deal. But thought I'd let you know what others are saying. sweatdrop

P.S Mr bunny has got a heck of a lot of people in his homognezer. whee

Yes he did! We had to unclog the @$! thing several times.

biglanky14
Devit
biglanky14
Devit
Hello Staff. The first two questions are a repeat of last week since I didn't get answered but I have added a few things.
Quote:
1. I'm aware your "working on bugs before updating anything" for zOMG, it was made clear to me last ATA (now two ATA's back). But I'm still a bit curious as to if we'll "ever" (like after your done with the bugs) be getting new zOMG rings. I was kinda hoping for a new ring for the easter event til I figured out it was a repeat with nothing new.

I have like so many regular purper orbs I can't use like 5k, I'm sure plenty of people have more. It'd make sense to add more rings so they'd get a bit more used since a new area was made and all.

(Personaly I have a few ideas now of my own but they're not really needed for the question to be answers. It's just my reversed bandage idea basically a stamina healing ring powered off health, and I'd love an "ice" themed ring to freeze them or something).

2. I've noticed even though it's clearly stated on the signature page the limits/rules for signatures so many people just ignore the signature limit. I'm not saying that the signatures aren't removed as they're found, I'm just saying not enough are found. I guess it's really not that big of a deal, but why is it not more inforced?

Thank you, I hope you get the time to answer me. I'll post in the "Share your thoughts" actual thread with my feedback. I would here but I'm limited time. ^^
I edited a lot like rewording and such so aboves not a direct quote of my post in the last ATA but it's still that basic idea so you get the point. At the end there I said I'd post in the "Share your thoughts" I did after the last ATA meeting. If you haven't read it here is a direct link to my post there.

I actually don't have anything new for this week such as questions. Though I'll still be lurking around in case something comes to me. Thank you for your time.

Hi Devit,

Thanks for reposting this. We don't know how much we'll be able to do, but we do hope to occasionally be able to add a ring or two to zOMG. It'll just have to be when we have time.

As for signatures, we do pay attention, but it really does depend on what's in the queue at the moment. We try to take care of the bad stuff first, and then everything else. That means that signatures will sneak through more often than, say, abuse. We of course would like to get to everything, but with our volume we have to prioritize.

Hello Lanky,

No problem, I look forward to seeing if you get to it then. I personally would love a new ringno matter what the kind but I understand certain things come first. Just like the signaure issue.

Another thing is the servers in zOMG I remember I believe last friday before the servers were recycled the lag was so bad it was to the point you couldn't even move in zOMG without waiting like 5 minutes to switch screens. Maybe we could get more servers up and/or recycle them more often? It'd make a lot of sense to for many reasons. Like one I saw in the forums "I think zOMG should never have less than 3 servers. Since If 1 fails everyone gathers to the second 1 and then it fails" I forget where I saw that but it makes sense. Personaly I think we could use some new servers altogether though that could be a lot to ask for...

Yeah - I know the question of recycling the servers more often comes up occasionally. I have no idea how hard/easy that is, but that's one of the things on the list to look into.

biglanky14
ZakuMent
Lanky, can you come show Aggie Pride on April 28th? biggrin

Is that Picnic Day this year?

biglanky14
Sasune
Can you please make the Lawn Gnome Figure recipe a farmable drop? The Tire Dress formula requires four of them, and the only way to get them is through Daily Chance or through a one time grant in zOMG. Putting them in Daily Chance is not enough. I would like for them to be farmable because everything else in P3 Gear and Tire Dress are farmable. I don't care if you only have General Mayhem dropping the recipe, I will do everything I can to get to level 4 in alchemy. I'm just saying it would be very convenient to be able to get the recipes myself instead of buying them in the marketplace. I need 320 of them because I need to craft 80 Tire Dresses for 40 P3 Gears.

Also how exactly are you giving us somewhat of a choice for the Philosopher's Caches? Will you take some of the chance out of the Golden Magical Giftboxes and the Alchemist's Cases too?

Hi Sasune,

Thanks for the feedback on the Lawn Gnomes - I can pass that along.

Now for the Alchemy question - not at first. But if what we're planning for the Cache turns out to be a positive change, we'll certainly consider it elsewhere.

DARKNRGY
Miss Mewl
To the lurking Phoe: What inspired your rubber duck? Please be in more Gaia videos! Too much of Uncle Kenny and Zero. sad

Oh oh oh! You reminded me. I never set this video live. Here's our latest nerf war.

WARNING EXPLICIT LANGUAGE

biglanky14
Fractale
Existential Existence
Fractale
1: Where did Meili inherit his tiger blood and ability to transform, from; his mother; Gaia, or his unknown father?

2: Is Gambino was brought back time and time again, can Meili get a turn to come back, if he really, really, REALLY is dead? I'd think the son of THE GODDESS, Gaia deserves a free Phoenix Feather, since he's way more important than Johnny Gambino – a greedy; self-serving, egotistical, god-complex, deadbeat dad of a human ever was.

3: Does Meili have any siblings, or is he an only child?

4: Is Mama Gaia just going to sit back and accept Meili's death (if he really is dead), and not go apeshit apocalypse on the world; or at least on Zhivago, for killing Meili?

Meili emotion_brofist
biggrin
you know!

edit: of course, it would go ignored, because Lanzer's not here... emo

LOL - yeah, Lanzer's kinda the go-to story person around here. He's missing specifically to avoid any Meili questions smile

codemonkey37179
Mint Citrus
Just curious-
The staff has to realize what a decline there is in users on the site right now. Do you guys remember when there used to easily be over 100k uses online at once? And do you remember putting out the announcement the first time we all hit it? (I was so excited to be a part of that.)

To anyone who may answer: Why do you think there's less people coming online now? Are there any plans to bring in new users?

Honestly, I'm just generally concerned for the future of the site. I've been here since 2005 and don't want to see it go downhill in activity anymore than it already has. I met some really great people on here during the years that have gone by. (In fact, you guys have even lead me to meet someone that I love dearly and have been with for a long time. He came to see me again over my spring break.)

Also- I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

Hi Mint Citrus, I've only been with Gaia a little less than a year, and wasn't really familiar with the site before I came to work here, but I've been involved with tech for a long time. I can understand how it seems that the current count of 30,153 Gaians Online at this posting may seem like things are slowing down. Consider though, when Gaiaonline launched there was no youtube or facebook. Myspace came and went. My point is, the internet is a much bigger place than it was. From what I've seen from working here there is a lot of energy here, and the people still using the site are ones who really care about it. I know this because of the incredible amount of feedback we get. I've never worked at a company with such a loyal user base as this one. I also know about a lot of the fun things planned for the future, that I can't go into here.

It is great that you met someone on here smile and that you have so much love for the site. Don't worry. We'll be here!

siskataya
Teh Savior
siskataya
Teh Savior
Is there a way for us to view our own account disciplinary records?
eg: warnings, what our current standing is, and what not.

I mean I figure they'd be something that'd be kept on file, right?

Hey Teh Savior,

Thanks for the great question! Indeed, we do keep a record of warnings and other disciplinary actions an account has accrued. If you haven't saved the messages sent to you about these incidents, you are free to file a general inquiry ticket through our Help Center and ask for a list of any warnings/bans your account may have experienced.

Take care biggrin
Sisky

Thanks for the response! I used to think that the normal method of checking something like that was simply to PM an Omni-Mod, because they have the access levels to view things like that, yeah?
Truth be told, I'd completely forgotten about the help center feature.

That's live at https://www.gaiaonlinehelp.com/ right?

Now, this might be odd, but I'm not seeing any "submit ticket" functionality on that website.
There's an inquiry to view past tickets, but I'm not finding where I could submit a new one.

Thanks for the reply! If you go to the Help Center at https://www.gaiaonlinehelp.com and then type "Contact Us" in the search field, it will bring up links to the contact us form.

Hope that helps! biggrin
Sisky

siskataya
Magnificent Moonbeam
Hello all. I hope the pet is okay and I hope you all had a good Easter. I don't have any questions so far...but I'll pass out some pieces of strawberry cake with cream cheese flavored icing if anyone wants some. *cuts a piece and starts sorting plates out*

Mmmm, cream cheese icing - mmmmm! If only I weren't on a diet. But it sounds delicious! Hope you had a great Easter too. I did take my bunny Nomnom outside for an Easter hop though. He was super cute!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

biglanky14
Ashlizzle
Hi Admit!!! Send Lanzer and his pet my wishes that he/she gets feeling better!! crying So what kind of pet is it?
1; how was everyone's easter? How'd u all celebrate?
2; I just logged in and haven't looked at the announcements so sorry if this question is already well known but how much longer will we have to collect baby gunnies? 4laugh
3; any tips for finding the golden egg in ZOMG!!
4; Just a little suggesion; I recently joined Americorps NCCC. It's really a wonderful volenteer program. Have you guys thought of ways to honer the people who volenteer for their community/country/world on the site?

Hi Ashlizzle,

He has a cat named Waffles. Sounds like he's ok, which is great. And he has his own Facebook page smile

1) It was great. I basically ate Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs (the best) all day. I may actually start spouting mini-Lankys soon just like Diedrich.

2) It should last into next week. We'll most likely make an announcement when it starts getting close to the end time.

3) None, unfortunately smile

4) That's a great idea. We did have a volunteer day a few years ago, and maybe we'll do so again. We're toying with getting our blog back up and running, and if we do that could be a great place to highlight cool stuff our users are doing.

biglanky14
BuckyKattLove
biglanky14
BuckyKattLove
I hope his pet will be OK. smile

I have two questions:

1)Are there any plans to ever complete the tattoo sets in the rest of the colors? Here is what is missing:

There are not any eye stripes in pink or purple.
There are not any tribal tattoo sets in pink or purple.
There are not any heart face or heart arm tattoos in pink or purple.
There are not any rose sets in pink or purple. Wouldn't pink be ideal for a rose?
There is no gold body dye.
There are not any tattoos in grey, other than the body dye.

It would be really nice to have them completed.

2) I have been notified that Gaia doesn't have any plans to turn older NPC's (such as the Flower Imps) into SDPlus dolls. I would just like to state that I am not the only one who would like to see older NPCs turned into dolls. Would Gaia ever reconsider that decision, or is it final?

Re-posting because no one has answered yet.

Hi BuckyKattLove,

Thanks for posting!

I actually don't know about either of your questions, unfortunately. If you were told we're not going to, that's probably the answer. As for the tattoos, we can pass that along.

Aw. Well, would you consider revisiting the Emerald Seed as a CI? Maybe then they could have and SDPlus version for them? Or at least some more items based on their outfits? It always bothered me that they didn't receive an SDPlus when they first came out, unlike the majority of CI NPCs.

At any rate, thank you for taking the time to respond. smile

I'm afraid to answer this b/c in my state of post-Easter over-chocolate-ation, I'm forgetting our policies on releasing CIs again. But I can pass the word along at a minimum smile

DARKNRGY
Zamio
I hope nothing bad happened to Waffles.

I was wondering if feeding Skittles to your fish has any bad effect on the aquarium health?

Also, I love the Easter flash space and the entire Easter event -- so cute!

Please tell Darknrgy to post some more videos of the Gaia staff. Those are so funny!

That's all.

Ok I will tell him.
siskataya
Glad you love the Easter flash space - I think it's super cute too! And I told darknrgy to post more videos of Gaia staff. And by told, I mean I yelled over the the cube walls "Hey darknrgy, post some more videos of staff!". I think he heard me!

Be well biggrin
Sisky
Zero Omega
DARKNRGY
tbh ZeroOmega is responsible for most of the videos. He's always borrowing my camera razz

Darknrgy has been the cameraman for most of them!
codemonkey37179
ZakuMent
Less shooting nerf guns more shooting videos!

DarkNrgy and ZeroAdmin can't respond right now. They are shooting each other with the Nerf guns at the moment.

milkbun
Crystal Sparda
I may as well ask this since this week's AtA is slow...
Can we expect to see some more rainbow items soon? emotion_kirakira
I'm such a rainbow whore XD

I can't see how there would never not be anymore rainbow items though no plans yet.

Sorry that may have not sounded coherent because I am utterly distracted by your signature. 3nodding

milkbun
Opera Phantomess
I have no strength or the mental capacity to rant and/or rave right now, so I will ask something a bit more neutral.

Is there a possibility that we may see Rocky Horror Picture Show items in the near future? We received Repo! The Genetic Opera inspired items back in October (Forlorn Opera Singer and Deranged Surgeon), so it would only be appropriate to make items based off of the cult classic that started this op'ra s**t the Time Warp again the Midnight Madness. Gold shoppes need love too *HINTHINTWINKWINK*! My suggestion thread.

Oh I think I have seen this thread.

I really have no way to answer this than by saying.... there is always a possibility.
biglanky14
Thanks for posting - my RHPS buddy will be ever grateful! Although I'm using what little influence I have to push for Army of Darkness items. Chainsaw hand FTW

biglanky14
lolmclash
Hi there. Some time ago some of the lower-level fish were removed from Phin Phang. Do you know if there are plans to reintroduce at least some of these fish in the near future? (Eg normal Octopii/Cooks/Pinchi)

Thanks lolmclash. You know, you may want to PM Lanzer about that. He's spent some time looking at our fish, and may know better than I.

Have a good one.

biglanky14
ValKyriePunk20
This question is geared toward the zOMG Easter 2k12 Golden Egg Event. I was wondering if the badge for getting and breaking the golden egg could be fixed to be earned for this year's event? As of now, the "Midas Touch" Badge only applies to the Easter 2k10 event.

Thankies.

Hi ValKyriePunk20,

I believe it's the exact same event as last year, complete with all the bugs - thanks for your understanding with that!

biglanky14
Rya Dracosin
biglanky14
Rya Dracosin
Mobile site? I know of forums lite but i would rather nit turn on an account specific feature, bit to mention its being able to quote and other things im having trouble with. Dropdown menues are a pain, I can't access my save box. Im on a lower end android phone and would much appreciate a functional mobile site.

Hi Rya,

Hope you're doing well!

An Android app keeps coming up and falling off our radar - we just don't have the people available at the moment who could really put a good one together. But it's something that is on our list of things we could do.
w

T.T bad allergies. Not fun. Hope yer alright.

And if not an android app, perhaps a mobile site. Something with less flashy and more functional. And a lite avatar Creator. I have to refresh my phone each time I open a multipose item, and I can't click the little x no matter how zoomed in I am. Just some input... thanks!

No problem - thanks for posting about it!

siskataya
Starshine
I'm really busy with work after the Easter break so I'll just pop in and say thanks for the zomg Easter event!

Heya! Nice to see you. Glad you are liking the zOMG! Easter event. Don't work yourself too hard biggrin

- Sisky

biglanky14
Flz
Oh, I have another question. Has Gaia been working on any food related items recently? Like stuff to go in Rina's shop?

Hi Flz,

I am not at liberty to divulge information about this smile

biglanky14
Sefyrion
Though I know that the zOMG Summons were meant to stay in the zOMG environment, is there any chance they might make their way into the general Gaia space as companions that we can display with our avatars?

I have 3 OMG Summons and I would love it if I could simply display one of them in their default pose next to my avatar in the forums.

Also, thank you for giving us the Easter event in zOMG. 3nodding

Hi Seyfrion,

I'm guessing not, although nothing's out of the realm of possibility.

And you're welcome. I'm glad we were able to at least do something.

biglanky14
Krissim Klaw
Dear staff members,

My praying mantis Lazarus would like to know why making pixel wings requires so much more effort than producing real ones? He only has to eat bugs to gain exp for his and there are a variety of paths he can take to reach them depending on what insects he chooses to om-nom. Most mantis also only need to reach L6-L8 before they get their fullsize set. All nymphs are guarantied the starting formula at birth and he wants me to note his wings are animated, plus he can actually fly with them.

LOL - we have a winner for "best ATA question"

biglanky14
Thanks to everyone for showing up today! We'll be back here again next week.

And send those Diedrich's my way!

4,600 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
Why is everything on gaia so expensive?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
angelica135
Because people keep complaining about hard it is to earn gold, so Gaia makes it easier to earn gold, which lowers the value of gold and makes prices go up in the Marketplace, which makes people complain about how hard it is to earn gold...it's a never-ending cycle.
...also there have been malicious users employing "bots" to generate stupidly huge amounts of gold and using it to inflate the marketplace, and Gaia's doing their best to undo the damage from that but they can only do so much.

4,600 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
Platonix
angelica135
Because people keep complaining about hard it is to earn gold, so Gaia makes it easier to earn gold, which lowers the value of gold and makes prices go up in the Marketplace, which makes people complain about how hard it is to earn gold...it's a never-ending cycle.
...also there have been malicious users employing "bots" to generate stupidly huge amounts of gold and using it to inflate the marketplace, and Gaia's doing their best to undo the damage from that but they can only do so much.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh ok thx!

Noob

Ive been asking you guys to fix ravenwood manor since october of 2011 its april of 2012 now and still no fix.

here is how it is supposed to look ravenwood foyer
User Image

this is what it looks like.
User Image

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Chaotic Ownage
Ive been asking you guys to fix ravenwood manor since october of 2011 its april of 2012 now and still no fix.

here is how it is supposed to look ravenwood foyer
User Image

this is what it looks like.
User Image
Does it do that even when it's the only item you're wearing? Sometimes an item suffers the Green Goo Glitch by itself, and sometimes it only does so when paired with a certain other item. Knowing which is which is a big help in tracking down what's causing the problem so it can be fixed.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I don't post about it all the time to avoid cluttering up this thread but THANK YOU for maintaining this thread. My internet is slow and I find this so much more useful than wading through 50 pages of posts per week, many of them banal entries like "Does Lanzer like brownies?" or "If you had a kitty what color would it be?". It's nice to be able to cut to the chase of what the staff is actually saying. Thanks again.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
April 16th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

It's the last few days of the event, hope you all had got a chance to get the prizes you want. We've made the chances of getting the rare Diedrich easier, so hopefully that'll help those who are close to getting your goods.

We also have some of the promised alchemy changes coming this week. Hope that'll make your lives easier, but remember it's all work in progress and we'll actively monitor and make adjustments to improve the feature.

Let's get started with this week's ATA!

biglanky14
Hi everyone,

A few news and notes before we get going:

-First, it was Lanzer's birthday yesterday, so wish him a good one! Or send him hate mail, whichever you prefer smile

-A number of you have mentioned concerns around the voting system on the forums - specifically, how you can downvote a thread, and whether that's being used correctly or as a trolling mechanism. Darknrgy explained some of the background of the system in last week's ATA (if you want to go through his post history), but in a nutshell, we've long felt that only having an upvote option doesn't help either because then threads can quickly become a popularity contest rather than being actually of high quality, which doesn't make the system any more useful than the current version.

However, we are working on a better way to rank content on the site so that good stuff is easier to find, which would be applicable in a bunch of different areas, including as a potential improvement to the voting system. I don't really have any details to share, but know that we are doing some exploration of improvements.

-Other stuff we're working on that you should see sooner rather than later (hopefully): the Alchemy tweaks to introduce an element of choice, CrossStitch updates, and if you're really good, maybe even some plot!

As usual, we'll try to answer as many questions as possible in the hour to hour and a half we have, but please don't take it personally if we don't get to yours. There are a lot more of you than us smile

Also, sorry about being a few minutes late. Lanzer got distracted by a flying gift box on the site.

Thanks for joining us today!

biglanky14
The Undead Suitor
biglanky14
The Undead Suitor
Why aren't there any Easter Bunny items in the Treehouse?

Are you that biased?

Yes?

Look, I'm really sorry Invader Zim was canceled, but Diedrich isn't replacing it.

You might find him funny now, but since he only has one joke it's not going to last long.

Please, please stop taking the lazy shortcuts with humor on this site. You have 50+ NPC's. Using 1 for every event is just sad.

Look, I'm still bitter that Arrested Development was cancelled.

But jokes aside, Diedrich won't be the focus of every event - this continued a storyline we wanted to pursue. But other NPCs will definitely be making appearances.
biglanky14
The Undead Suitor
He's been in more events in his year lifespan than most NPC's have been in their entire lives. And counting. He was even made the focus of this years easter event even though he lost last year. (Something I couldn't say the same about for the Easter Bunny if he had lost last year.)

Your track record doesn't inspire much faith in that claim.

There's not much I'm going to be able to tell you to convince you otherwise, although the "feelings" about Diedrich around the site are definitely noted.
Narumi Misuhara
For as many people that claim to hate Diedrich, I find it curious he's currently in the lead...by like... 13k.
Narumi Misuhara
Ceaen
Maybe it's because the event items on Diedrich's side are better than the Easter Bunny's side (which are still all Diedrich-related emotion_facepalm ). Or maybe because some of us who don't like Diedrich couldn't even be bothered to participate in the first place because we didn't want any of the items.

*nods* You can also turn in Diedrichs for some gold and that also contributes to the score.

Zero Omega
Crystal Sparda
Hey all! I am all brain-dead from going to the dentist today. emotion_zombie

Is there any way that the help center can get updated or something?
I ask because it is a nuisance to many users who're technologically impaired.
I'm more specifically trying to bring notice to how half the time, it is difficult to navigate to the page to create a ticket.
Half the time it works, half the time, it requires a user to clear their cache to even locate the ticket page.
Just trying to bring attention to it, but if nothing can really be done, eh... *shrugs*

Oh, any more hints as to what the *new* sponsorship is that is coming?
Will it be a sponsorship like the Walking Dead and Adventure Time ones (having a CI and sooo much other stuff)?
*points to my profile* *chants* KORRA! KORRA! KORRA! KORRA!

One last thing... not sure if I'll even get an answer, but I'll ask anyways...
Are the CI mascots/pets manually "activated" into dropping on a certain day, or are CI items 100% randomly generated with the drop rates pre-programed?

Just a question for Lanzer: How's your kitty doing? Much better? cat_razz
Oh, and happy birthday!!! yum_cupcake

*continues watching Bones, refreshing the page every few minutes*

The current set up of the Help Center is a bit funky, admittedly, due to how we have to set it up in order to get all your user information included when you file a ticket. However, there are three ways to combat the ticket creation.

1. If you're prompted with your My Tickets page, you can do a search for "Contact Us" and get the link to the ticket creation page.

2. You can clear your cookies (or if you have Firefox, delete the cookie for http://www.gaiaonlinehelp.com).

3. You can use this link here.

Funny story, I totally watch all of Avatar: The Last Air Bender over the weekend. First time seeing it.

Lanzer
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Evening, staff.

What's the word on finding somebody to fix the glitches in zOMG!?

We have a dedicated developer helping out on fixing the bugs, it'll take some time but we'll definitely keep you informed when issues are fixed. Thank you for your patience!

pyawakit
Crystal Sparda
One last thing... not sure if I'll even get an answer, but I'll ask anyways...
Are the CI mascots/pets manually "activated" into dropping on a certain day, or are CI items 100% randomly generated with the drop rates pre-programed?

All of the items get put into the system at the same time, so all are available from the moment advance chance opens! biggrin heart

codemonkey37179
Schuba
codemonkey37179
Wattfox
Adding people in flash worlds?

What about adding people?

It says it is disabled.

Do you mean add friends in flash spaces?
codemonkey37179
Wattfox
Hi, sorry I was in a hurry, but I was wondering about the problem where it won't let you automatically add someone in flash worlds and you have to go manually to the "My Gaia page." Will it be fixed? Is it a huge bug? And thank you for responding. Tell Lanzer I said "hi."

In the current flash spaces, it will remain disabled. In the upgrade to flash spaces the behavior will be changed a bit. In both cases you will still have to go to your "My Gaia page" to accept it. We had to change it, because too many people were abusing it.

biglanky14
Mashed Potato Jones
biglanky14
Mashed Potato Jones
Hey...I'm quite a new face here...

So I'm curious...any new features planned out for the Gaia Online iPhone app? Optimizations...bug fixes?

Hi Mashed Potato Jones,

Thanks for joining us! At the moment, we don't have any big plans for the iPhone app (or for an Android version). Both are things that we'd like to get to, but we don't have the resources for them at the moment.

But do you mind sharing what you'd most like to see fixed in the iPhone app? I'm curious what people think.

Thanks!

If there's one big thing missing...it would have to be the ability to file a report on things you find in the forums and PM's through the app. That missing is quite bothering to me.

Ok, that's good to know. Thanks!

Panagrammic
Kain-Senpai
Panagrammic
Hell_Tutor
Hello there!
Will any of those games we saw some stuff being leaked about be out for us to play before December and will they all be Facebook games?

At least one of them has a beta planned for Juneish of this year -- and we'd like to have Gaia users be the beta testers.

Just to add a question to here, Will the Staff look into using Super Cool and Secret (SCAS) to test out future features/games to the site? Because, I feel you guys don't even use them and just layout any new feature regardless if it has bugs or not. Example: Alchemy.

SCAS is the standby, but I think we'd like more people for the beta test then are currently active in SCAS; so, we'll need to open it up to the Gaia population in general.
biglanky14
Hell_Tutor
Awesome!
peaking of games, no one ever explained this to me but why do we still hear bronsthead's breathing after we mute all sounds in zomg?
I often have to play with the sound on my computer off or otherwise everyone will think I'm watching porn every time my character runs out of stamina. xd
If Zomg ever gets any tweaks and please let this be a future reference to all games: if you give us the option to turn off all games sounds, let that be ALL game sounds.
I hope I didn't offend someone, I really just got used to playing my MMORPGs without sound except for a song i may feel like listening to

Personally, that would give me nightmares for weeks.

That "I'm almost out of energy" breathing is supposed to be mutable, but there's a bug that's affecting it. Honestly it's probably not one of the high profile ones we're trying to fix, but I don't really know for sure. Bronstahd is probably honored in some weird way though smile

milkbun
Aaron Kain
milkbun
Aaron Kain
a quick question: in the modus operandi item, at first i had detective wolfs stuff, such as the camera, hat, and jacket. but when the udate came for it, with rapunzel's hair and hands, detective wolf's stuff was replaced by it. is that supposed to happen?

Yes it's an evolving item.

ik it's an EI, but i didn't know that the parts would be replaced, since S-pop evolved too and still retained it's original poses.

Gotcha. 3nodding
S-Pop is a Rapid Evolving Item. REIs always keep the poses while they evolve as they are on the same generation. Regular Evolving Items like Modus go through generations and change every evolution. When they are done all poses are unlocked.

Zero Omega
Lady Lizzy Connor
How Can I Become A Moderator? biggrin

You can apply here!

milkbun
Maggot
█Loose hoods on the In Da Hood sweaters█

The In Da Hood Sweaters have been glitched since 2006.

The In Da Hood Sweaters originally had three poses:
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

But since 2006 there's only been two poses:
User Image
User ImageUser Image

I'm posting this here in hopes that an Admin, Dev, or Artist will actually do something about this since no one will acknowledge the thread in the Site Feedback and it's been around since 2009.

I couldn't find them in the system. I will have to track someone down who was here in 2006 and knows about them.

Lanzer
Fractale
1: Where did Meili inherit his tiger blood and ability to transform, from; his mother; Gaia, or his unknown father?

2: Is Gambino was brought back time and time again, can Meili get a turn to come back, if he really, really, REALLY is dead? I'd think the son of THE GODDESS, Gaia deserves a free Phoenix Feather, since he's way more important than Johnny Gambino – a greedy; self-serving, egotistical, god-complex, deadbeat dad of a human ever was.

3: Does Meili have any siblings, or is he an only child?

4: Is Mama Gaia just going to sit back and accept Meili's death (if he really is dead), and not go apeshit apocalypse on the world; or at least on Zhivago, for killing Meili?

edit: yay plot! I'll be a good Glompie, lanky! I swear!

Lanzer: Happy belated B-Day! did you get cake?

Waffles says:
I'm sorry, but Meili is gone...
User Image

Actually the writer isn't here today so I don't have an answer for you.

Buki
Coolio Fluffy Whip
Buki
Coolio Fluffy Whip
What is your favorite sandwich?

Ham and cheese sammich. It MUST come from a specific place though. 3nodding

From where? surprised

California Sourdough :9 they make em the best!
swarf
Buki
Zero Omega
I live right near that! I'll have to give it a try.

Gaia: Where staff members help other staff members eat good food.

They're only open during business lunch hours though so get there before the lunch rush does! There's another one that's pretty good along 1st St called Sourdough Eatery smile

I used to live right by California Sourdough! But i never went. I'll have to wander back over there sometime and try it out.

biglanky14
Psychoholic Slag
Here's a question that I'm sure is on many people's minds.

Why release a whole slew of evolving items that never make it past the second generation?

Because we're not planning on letting that happen again, and seriously appreciate your patience with that.

Uncle Kenny
Successor Of Fate
When if ever, will the guilds be remodeled to look like the current forums?

Some enhancements/bug fixes/improvements to Guilds is on our list of things to do but we have a couple higher priority projects to tackle first. Once we get some time to tackle Guilds, we'll have some more information for you.

DARKNRGY
shruikan
DARKNRGY
shruikan
just wanna say thanks for fixing the inventory icon bug 3nodding heart

edit: oh wait, i did have a question

i heard a rumor that the Philosopher's Cache was going to be tweaked so that some of the chance would be taken out of it.
I just want to know if this is true or not. I really hope so because there are only 3 components that i want and if i could narrow it down choice wise, that would be very helpful :3

Yes, that's one of the first things we're doing. The new PC item will still randomly pick an item, but those items will be "bags" which you can then pick an item out of. It reduces some of the element of chance, but not all. The unopened bags can also be bought and sold in the Marketplace. We're hoping to release this very shortly.

This is just the first step. Working on the next steps...

are the bags going to be completely random, item wise? or will there be a sort of theme to the items in each grouping?
saying like "red bag" has demon parts in it
and "yellow bag" has more tech parts
something like that?

because i like that idea heart

We split them up by value for the most part. So the highest probability bag will be the lower end items and the lowest probability bag will be higher end items. I'm not sure if there was a theme for each bag.... but yeah that was sort of the idea.
DARKNRGY
Ridley Starsmore
So...a chance item...inside a chance item.

stare

You guys are insisting on making my list making life a living hell, aren't you? I knew it.-frowns and grumps-

No, it's a chance item and then a bag item which has a set of items you can choose from. Chance -> Choice. If you don't get the right bag, throw it up on the MP and get the one you need wink .

carbonphyber
Mademoiselle Kit
Two things:

Are you guys aware that with the new soulbound rule on making alchemy items, orb aggregates can't be crafted because orbs themselves are soulbound? I hope to see this fixed.

This should be fixed sometime this week.

biglanky14
SS2-SITH LORD
biglanky14
SS2-SITH LORD
I have a question about AVATAR CARDS!!
I bought one before they were able to be used at western unions. Will my 7-Eleven card work at the western unions too?

Hey Sith,

Great question - can you PM DJ Helsing about that? He's the expert on the avatar cards. Thanks!

Sure will, Thanks. xd But if he doesn't respond it's you're head! scream

Ha - there will be Nerf darts with my name on it.
DARKNRGY
biglanky is right that you should contact DJ Helsing, but I'm almost certain those cards will work at any participating shop.

milkbun
Ceaen
Since this has been brought up in Site Feedback I thought I'd just ask it here:

Was the Ewenicorn just INCREDIBLY rare resulting in it taking 3-4 days to show up, or was there a glitch that accidentally made it impossible to get until it was fixed (but we were just never notified of this)?

Just curious.

CIs are tested extensively and everything was in working order. This must have been a case of bad luck.

Narumi Misuhara
pig_girl
is it possible to get purple deitrichs from quoting the easter bunny or around the site?

No, purple is only available in the flash space.

codemonkey37179
Neoskye Redeux
Um... When can we expect to see astra item to be animated in town,rally etc?

It will be included in towns 2.0. Hopefully by the end of the summer.

milkbun
pearsimone
Woot! Hello everyone! I just wanted to ask if you are planning to release an "I am" item that lets your avatar become a penguin? There have been numerous cats and dogs, but when it comes to penguins, nada. Please enlighten me regarding this. biggrin

It is always a possibility though there isn't one planned at the moment.

Zero Omega
aKeychain
Zero Omega
aKeychain
Hello Admins, i have a question of increasing importance.

Here lately we've hard more and more unfairly banned users on gaia.
To make matters worse, a lot of times users have evidence that proves their innocence and yet, mods are beginning to tell them that they're going to stop replying to the users.

I was wondering, i anything being done to put a stop to all these unfair bans?

Edit :

I also wanted to add that most times mods aren't very helpful to those users.
Is something going to be done about this as well?

Maybe recycle and pick new mods or check your system?

I love gaia but something needs to be done..

I actually haven't heard much in the way of users saying they were unfairly banned. We treat every ban very seriously though and do everything possible to ensure the ban is placed properly and fairly for the offense. We have a very dedicated group of mods that do their best to make the place great for users.

If you, or a friend, believe an account may have been banned unfairly you can appeal it at http://www.gaiaonline.com/help. However, keep in mind that there has to be some substantial evidence to your claim, we can't accept appeals that are simply, "My brother from the same household used my computer while I was making dinner." Because there is no way to verify the claim.

We've found that inappropriately placed bans are very few and far between, and when we find them it is typically because the user has provided us evidence that we did not (nor could we ever have) have at the time.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, and i know that unfair / inappropriate bans are few and far between but apparently they aren't far and few enough, i can tell them to appeal it all day long but when they're told that their appeals will no longer be answered by mods, there's not much i can do..
I know it sounds crazy, but i've had mods do that to me a few times.

I think mods need to investigate cases more and also try an communicate more with users.
My best experience was with a mod who took the time to respond to me and let me show them evidence i didn't have before i was originally reported.

Something to keep in mind that appeals are handled at a staff level and mods rarely actually process unbans (unless it is their own ban). Finally, any actual unbans are solely at Gaia Online's discretion. We have to make sure that, just like bans, all unbans are fairly placed and are legitimate. It wouldn't be fair to let a hacker go free because they could spin a good tale.

siskataya
BiToxicLover
Hi Admins.

Is there an issue with the market place? My trading pass just vanished. Is it down or something?

Thanks for the question! There shouldn't be any issue with the Marketplace, so perhaps there is an issue with your account. I'm happy to look into this issue for you - if you want to shoot me a pm with any details you might have, that would be great. I can then see what might be going on for you! biggrin

- Sisky

biglanky14
iFLYYi
R u guys gonna fix the glitches in zOMG?

Hi iFLYYi,

We have a dedicated developer helping to fix some of the bugs in there. It's going to take a little bit (especially since he just had a new addition to his family), but we're working on it.

Thanks for being patient!

Lanzer
Starshine
Hi guys!

Can we buy pancakes from the housing store in bulk? Its a component in many alchemy formulas and is often required in large quantities. Its really time consuming to buy them one by one xd

Sorry we don't have a quantity feature right now, we'll look into it on the next shop rewrite

Uncle Kenny
China DoII
Good evening!
I would like to be a site moderator but everytime I try to apply it always says "You can not apply at this time, come back later". Why is that?

I don't believe that is in any error messaging we have. Is that the exact message you receive?

codemonkey37179
Omnipony
After learning that Teal bunnies are only given in the flash. I've gone there everyday for atleast 3 - 4 hours.
I've never found a teal bunny,
But im finding Albino, and rainbow.

Im not sure how much the rarity differs,
But I've never found any bunnies in the flash.
Am I glitched or something?

ALSO,
That reminds me.
Lately whenever I go into the flash,
My avatar spazzes out and starts spinning, sitting down and getting up, flashing, and going super crazy.

Its not just on my screens, but others aswell.
Why is this happening?

As for the Easter event, try going into your own room. I'm not sure what's happening since you said you found teal, albino and rainbow, but also said you haven't found ANY bunnies.

For you avatar, go to your dress up page, remove and put back on your clothes, and re-save.

biglanky14
Xelvorktork
Hello, i have a problem, with the bar below the avatars, where you can choose to see their profiles, start a trade, send a PM, etc.
Whenever i am in the forums(every forum) and i try to start a trade with someone, and click on the little arrow, the optins wont come down. I need to go to their profiles, and click the arrow in there, so that the options appear. Help please.
I dont know if this is the way to ask the admin, its my first time asking. Sorry if i caused any problems.

Hi Xelvorktork,

No problem - thanks for joining us! The best thing to do is to post in the Bug Reports forum. We constantly watch that forum, even if we're not replying in there all the time.

milkbun
Ridley Starsmore
milkbun
Ridley Starsmore
Now, serious question, do we have a timeframe for Timmy's Finale?

I'm not asking for an exact date, it's just...like the case, the item is over 2 years old, and while Timmy is generally seen as a failure in many things, it'd be nice to see it come to an end.

It's been evolving at a regular 2-week interval for the past couple of evolutions so I don't see why it would not eventually end.

I get that, and it's appreciated

But that's not what I asked? sweatdrop

Yes there is a timeframe for his finale and yes you are right I cannot give an exact date.
He will end in a timely manner... and hopefully be enjoyed. blaugh

Lanzer
Existential Existence
Happy B-day lanzer

but dude dude dude i'm totally loling if staff think <3/</3 has anything to do with "a popularity contest rather than being actually of high quality"

The threads that get popular status aren't exactly 'high quality threads' rofl

With the new system ya'll be working on I hope that it doesn't have the same problems that <3/</3 does though.

Hope you enjoy the week!

Thanks. The system does have it's ups and downs and we've learned a lot from it. It's definitely not the only pointer to quality threads as that's not what the intended purpose was. We'll be building something better in the future when similar features are considered.

Zero Omega
Radpops
Can the Pets! Subforum have a sentence describing what it's about when you look at it from the LD subforum drop down section?

It sticks out like a sore thumb. sad

Check in about five minutes.

Lanzer
iiGen
Hey guys smile
Will there ever be a gold body dye ? ive always wanted one smile shiny skin ... heart

Body dye or paint is a great suggestion. I'll pass that along. Thanks!

swarf
Tigcat2
Tigcat2
Tigcat2
My feedback-type-thing? Give zOMG! attention. I don't care about Facebook. I don't care about Alchemy. Give us zOMG! back, okay? I can't believe the lies and trickery you've used where it's concerned. The least you owe us is our Devs back.
//rant done.

Just because there isn't a question doesn't mean I don't want a reply.

Yes, I will continue to quote this every couple pages. Wouldn't want you to skim over it by accident, as this is a very important matter.

Hullo thar!

I know we haven't been able to do as much as we want to for zOMG, but we little bits as we're able. We set up the old Easter event. We're making bug fixes, though those are delayed a bit due to a newborn and parental duties! We'll keep on doing what we can, when we can.

pirate
swarf
Scobre
Awe congrats swarf on becoming a new daddy. Babies are always fun and tiring. I've had to help raise my nephew. They can be so cute and naughty at the same time. xd

Nuuuuuuuuu. It's not me. It's halzy ^_^
I have no children other than my pet lizard. pirate
A Redhead Angel
Oh who are the new parents? Congrats.

Uncle Kenny
Fluffy The Hedgehog
Also, another question. I had another account a while ago and I had signed up for the mobile alerts and what not. Then that account got banned (for a very, very stupid reason) and now my alerts are stuck on that account. I keep getting texts from it, everytime someone quotes me or PMs me. And I can't sign up for the mobile alerts on this account. It's very annoying and frustrating.

If you're still receiving text alerts, you should be able to text STOP to 464242. Aside from that, we are aware of this issue but currently don't have the resources to fix it. If we do get the chance, we'll have more information at that time.

pyawakit
Twinky Dave
pyawakit
Ridley Starsmore

What the hades happened with the sheep?!-lol-

~~ Hi Ridley! (Artists getting in on the ATA action)

I'm glad someone found her! She was in there from the second advance chance was opened, along with all the other items, maybe she was just sheepish! (bad joke) yum_puddi

But seriously, we do vigorous amounts of testing on the CI's to make sure all is working too. yum_cupcake

im sorry to say that this is really hard to believe, especially with all the money that was spent on them. sweatdrop
it truthfully kinda a let down,
it just kinda seems suspicious that it found when everyone returned to work today, there still could have been a glitch or something, correct? just because it works one hundred times, doesn't mean on the one hundredth and first try that its not gonna crash and burn, right?

Hey Twinky Dave!

Sorry there's not much I can show to prove this, but all items do go into the system at the same time, and we always test the CI's vigorously. I wish I could be of more help, sorry if this didn't help any. cat_sweatdrop

Zero Omega
tubercular skies
Zero Omega
tubercular skies
hey, i'm sure it's probably a losing battle, but i was wanting to offer something.

me and my friend came up with an idea for barton town.
it happened when one of our threads got moved.
why were we mad? not because it was misplaced, but mainly because the place it was moved to was less literate than what we were looking for.

asking most people that RP they can tell you this:
barton town contains people who post anywhere between 1 sentence to a paragraph.
i'm not saying everyone does, but that's the general consensus.
i moved on to gaian neighborhood because it was more literate.

many RPs end up dead in the water because they're placed in barton town and the more literate people don't see the RP, or they just write it off.

so i was wondering if it would be possible to give barton town an overhaul where the subforums are semi-literate, literate, advanced lit, and elite.
the main forum could easily be ooc or one on one searches, which would be very nice. one on one searches get lost between the massive load of ooc threads.

i hope that came across clearly.

Thanks for the feedback! It's definitely possible, we're currently looking into how we can streamline the forums in order for them to make more sense. I don't want to make any promises of it being something we will do, but it's feedback we can keep in mind when we discuss it.

would it be better/easier if i got a petition?
just after posting this, three people told me that they'd like to see this happen.

also, if there's a worry about what's considered semi lit/lit/adv/elite, i want to say that i think most of that stuff would work out on it's own. if not believed, it could be changed to like this:
Subforum: LITERATE
description: this is where you post if you post around ______ paragraphs/words per post.

it would really help things to move smoother for all of us in the RP thread.
<3 thanks for considering it.

It would be nice to see how many people felt that way, but I can't necessarily guarantee it would sway the vote. It would just be something we keep in mind. 3nodding
Zero Omega
tubercular skies
<3 gawd, thank you~
i'm shocked you guys even responded.

i'll definitely get that sorted out.
i've never done a petition before,
but when i've got a lot of signatures, what should i do with it?
PM it to you or - ?

You can send it to me and I can review it and subscribe to it for future reference.

Harbinger of Pandamonium
Foxy-Muffin
Do admins eat cookies and milk while doing all the things admins do?

Soda and chips.

Narumi Misuhara
ArrancarYoruichi
Why did you guys make the easter event so difficult this year? sad I'm definitely a person who wants to get every event item and I have since I started. I was worried and a bit upset that I wouldn't finish it, despite the fact I put in 2-4 hours per day on the event since it started. And guess what? I only managed to finish yesterday. Last year collecting the 500 eggs took me four or five days at the most while this one took nearly the entire event time to complete. I know some people who still haven't completed it and don't think that they will because of their work schedules and having their own families to take care of.

Also, what are you going to do to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen again in future events? I understand you don't just wanna make it super easy, but making it this difficult (especially with the low percentage of the rares being dropped for the majority of the event) just turns people off from it and from Gaia.

There's not to much we can do to guarantee this, we don't always know exactly how hard or easy an event will be until many thousands of people start playing it. We do however make adjustments at launch to match the approximate completion times we are shooting for.

We defined completing the event as collecting all the items from one side, our play estimates placed this at about two days of medium playing. Of course actual 'mileage' may vary.

biglanky14
Fluffy The Hedgehog
How come some of the petitions never go anywhere. What's the point of even having a petition forum if you won't even follow through with any of the good ones? Like the fou voting one, I really think that it should be changed. You should only be able to vote a thread up, and if you don't like it then you just don't vote. It really sucks when you make a brand new thread and you're just bumping along and within one refresh, you have 10 dislikes. Now tell me, was that really 10 people that just didn't like my thread? No, they were trolls.

Hi Fluffy,

Not sure if you read my opening post, but I actually mentioned that we're exploring some tweaks that could improve the system.

Uncle Kenny
Vivi Paige
How do I go about my account being Hacked?

If your account was hacked you just need to fill out the form at www.gaiaonline.com/hacking

codemonkey37179
tirloid
To be, or not to be?

Well, which is it? Will you suffer the slings and arrows or outrageous fortune, or take up arms against a sea of trouble?

Narumi Misuhara
OtakuKat
Thanks for inceasing the rate for rare diedriches. ^_^

Is the Rin and Lin glitch being worked on in zomg?

You're welcome, and no idea XD

Zero Omega
Zidane of the Wildfire
Hello Gaia Administration.
My question is, how is it that users can get away with have usernames that are derogatory towards an Ethinicity or those of a specific sexual orientation? In virtual hollywood I saw a user with the name "****** Faggots"

We actually don't allow usernames like this, if you report them then our staff can take care of it.
siskataya
Heya Zidane of the Wildfire!

Great question! Just so you know, racist, hateful, sexually explicit, or inappropriate names are NOT allowed on Gaia. If you find someone with an inappropriate username, please report them so we can change the name and warn the person for abusive and/or inappropriate behavior. We'll look into the account name you saw and get it corrected biggrin

Hope this answers your question!
Sisky

Zero Omega
Sakura_Madison
Zero Omega
DARKNRGY
Sakura_Madison
Hello everyone!

I have a question for the admins, is anyone of you single? wink

Silly question, but the real question is there any progress on a new inventory organizer? It is really, really, really, really, really old.

swarf, carbonphyber, and Ubermegatron are single and hot hot HOTTTT

o bby, o bby, o bby, o bby. [/Rocko reference] #90schild.

LOL!

You made me giggle!

Victoly.

biglanky14
ScarredRavens
HELLO~! JUST A FEW QUESTIONS.

-Is there going to be a summer event?

-Is there any plans on updating houses, maybe to include rooms?

THANKS ~

Hi ScarredRavens,

Quite possibly smile <stays coy otherwise>

Houses have actually been updated quite a bit - find one of the threads by codemonkey37179 and that should give some more info. Thanks!
codemonkey37179
Yes, there is going to be a summer event.

There isn't a plan to do a major update the houses right now, because we are focused on new towns, but I do make minor upgrades every few weeks.

Uncle Kenny
Countess Kinoko
In regards to the new anti-necro'ing measurements that have been implemented (old and decrepit threads) are we going to see that lifted for certain forums??
The Word Games forum in particular is going to suffer from this. A lot of us enjoy going back and reviving old games. It will also mean more repeat threads if old games can't be played, which are against the rules and will clutter up the forum.
I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate seeing this lifted from Word Games soon.

Yes, I'm actually looking into a way to make it easy for us to add/remove specific forums to an exception list for this. Once I have this finalized and live I'll probably make a dev notice about it so everyone is aware 3nodding

Panagrammic
pearsimone
And what do I do if one of my aquarium irrawaddy dolphins is missing? It's icon is visible in my inventory, but it's separated from the others. When I click on it, it shows that I only have 2 dolphins when I have 3. sad
I don't see any irrawaddys in your tank at all. Are you sure that's the fish (err, mammal) you're missing?
[Poster explained that 1) they meant inventory, not tank, and 2) the problem was on a mule account. This post followed]
Panagrammic
buchipeng
Hey there. As I was saying earlier, what do I do if one of my aquarium irrawaddy dolphins is missing? It's icon is visible in my inventory, but it's separated from the others. When I click on it, it shows that I only have 2 dolphins when I have 3. sad

Hello? Here's a small screenshot so you'll understand what I mean. The irrawaddy to the far right is separated from the other two, and when I click on it, the count of my irrawaddies only amount to 2. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Probably just a glitch in the stacking algorithm. If you go to your aquarium editor you should be able to use it without problems -- I've confirmed that you have 3 dolphins in your inventory, and it doesn't have any special properties on it.

biglanky14
Onomonomono
Lanzer
Onomonomono
Silly questions.

1: Is there any way to find the history of my meebo chat conversation?

1: Can I have back PMs that were trashed away?

Meebo used to have that feature when you click on the drop down under a person's chat window, I don't see it now but I think that's temporary.

Unfortunately no. PM is the only system that doesn't have a restore feature...

So it's not something that Gaia controls, its more a Meebo thing?

Another question: The Gaia manga will be uploaded any soon?

Soon smile

DARKNRGY
Day7
DARKNRGY
Yasashii Gin Hime
Questions... Hm... I think my question would have to be... Do you have a question I can ask you? xD No no no. That is not my real question.

Why is it that I have never won a single thing on Gaia? It makes me a sad slice of pizza not to win anything. Not even small prizes.

Next question: If you visit the site daily, you are supposed to get better daily chance items right? Well. I don't. Why is that?

And how does a ship get into a bottle?

Thank you for your concern about our needs and questions. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANZER! Hope it kicked some serious fluff butt. heart

If you mean giftboxes those are random. The longer time you spend on the site, the better your chance is of getting something. Sounds like you just haven't gotten lucky yet.

Daily Chance will give you better stuff if you do it seven days in a row. Pretty sure it's working correctly because some of us have gotten them recently.
What exactly is Daily Chance's better stuff? Because I figure 50g as opposed to 15g really isn't all that "better"

I think it comes from a different pool of random items, not sure exactly off-hand. However, you should get a message saying that you got a bonus to let you know you hit the bonus.

Zero Omega
Cranky Jinxen
Would it be at all possible to get less adware-infected Gaia cash offers?

Can the items distributed through Daily Chance and the admin-donations in Dumpster Dive be cycled through at all? Like, instead of Ocean Summer Tops, some Flashy or Sand Summer Tops? Some sort of alteration so a person doesn't get 20 Ocean Summer Tops a day.

Can Bid Blast's 30 second time limit resetting after someone places a new bid be removed, or is that here to stay?

k i'm done .-.

If you find any adware offers, please go ahead and send an e-mail to usertalk[at]gaiaonline[dot]com (just reformat the address to a normal e-mail address) with the name of the offer, how much Gaia Cash it was, and which offer provider you found it on.

siskataya
OoNeko_kittyoO
Good evening gaia staff,admins,artist's, developers and everyone eles. I as far as i can think of at this moment one question. it is only a rumor i heard so i thought i ask. lol

1. ok my question is regaurding mule avi's, lets say someone makes a mule avi to help them make gold for there main avi. is there anything wrong with doing that? and is it wrong to send trades from your mule avi to your main avi too often?

oh i had one more question im sorry.

it is regaurding the marketplace you cant get in trouble for vending(buying/selling) items to fast can you?

Heya OoNeko_kittyoO!

Great questions - I'd like to answer them for you! Regarding your mule account, you can make gold or earn items on your mule no worries. As long as you are using legitimate means to earn the gold and/or items (e.g. Selling your art in the mini-shops, selling items for gold, etc.) on your mule, you are free to send this to your main. And, as long as the items/gold are legitimately earned, you can send them as many times as you want!

As for the Marketplace, one usually doesn't get in trouble for rapid buying or selling, but you do need to be careful. Using tools/automated scripts may get you flagged for cheating/botting, so best to avoid using such tools!

Take care,
Sisky

This transcript continued whenever the heck it feels like it. It's a transcript/housecat hybrid, you see.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
This transript/housecat hybrid has decided it will go ahead and continue now. But only because it feels like it.

April 16th, some more

swarf
Tragic Grace
Hi everyone:] I've asked a few people and Im having trouble finding the new area in zOMG, I am aware you have to purchase a pass, but its not on the maps yet, where can i find it?

It's accessed from within Deadman's Pass. So start at the southern edge of Bill's Ranch, talk to the guard for the quest, stay at the lower edge of Deadman's Pass rather than going up the steps, and there's a gate into the mountain. The twins are outside it. You'll need the bloodstone gem except for times when Deadman's Shadow is open to the public (every couple weeks usually).

carbonphyber
Kidtrip
Quick question
If the Lite Fish were not supposed to even be used to drop alchemy components in the first place but was added on last second, what was their actual purpose? They don't invoke BG, they don't do anything really for the tank, and they're crowding inventories throughout the site. The items they drop are worthless as well
They serve no purpose so I would actually like the truth on them please, and why they're over-flowing the dumpster and DC despite the change to have DC grant a larger variety of items

Please skip giving me the same generic answers you give on the dev alerts and journals, I've already read most all of them.

So you don't have to use GCash to purchase fishies for your aquarium!

Panagrammic
ZeWhiteCrow
I apologize if this question was already asked, but I'm curious; I know there are some upcoming new games planned for Gaia. Will all of these be based on Facebook, or will we have some Gaia-based, 100% free games as well?

At least one of the games will be available on Gaia as well (at least for beta, possibly for good if there is enough interest).

pyawakit
Ceaen
Oh yeah, also something that's been brought up in Site Feedback that's I'd like to ask the artists:
What's with all the black, white, and grey lately in MCs, Bundles, and other premium items? Is it just easier to maker greyscale items? Because it's springtime now and a lot of us have been looking forward to bright colorful items. Please consider getting a little crazier and brighter with color choices (I'm hoping we get a wonderfully colorful spring update for the gold shop <3)

I'll pass along the message to the other artist! yum_puddi

Uncle Kenny
Aria of a Melody
This has probably been answered
in the past but--

For all of you admins and moderators and everyone,
is it difficult to keep up with these ATA
events when a lot, and I mean a lot
of Gaians are posting like every second?

Indeed it can be. I think I'm currently about 10 pages behind the newest posts eek
Zero Omega
I am currently ten pages behind, so... Yes? xd

Lanzer
the ultimate dragon king
could you fix the daily chance so it won't keep giving me girl items even though i'm a guy?

Daily Chance should give out only gender matching items and unisex items. If you've been getting girl only items then please let me know through PM, and I'll look into it.

Narumi Misuhara
Holding on to Hope
Hi, Gaia staff! I've been having a lot of fun with the Easter event, so thanks for all your hard work!

The event has led to me ponder some questions about our little pal Diedrich, and grunnies in general.

Diedrich is said to be a grunny, but he looks rather different from your standard grunny. He once also said (Easter 2010) that grunnies come from eggs (which you can eat, though they taste like sulfur and horse blood). This event shows us grunnies coming from Diedrich's autosexual reproductive system, though... and the little ones in question are referred to as "Diedrichs."

So... is Diedrich a real grunny, or a special grunny, or something else entirely? What exactly are his offspring? Are they grunnies, "special" grunnies, something else entirely (possibly like Diedrich himself), or are they Diedrich clones?

(Oh, and I hope you had a happy birthday, Lanzer!)

Goooood question, I'll have to get back to you when our writers figure that one out. razz Maybe that will get answered in the events concluding mini-comic.

swarf
Doxie Dust
I am just wondering if ZOMG will be getting new rings any time soon? I would prefer some new attack ones. :3

Probably no attack rings. We don't have animation resources right now for new animations.

Zero Omega
BlazeEvilHolyGod
BlazeEvilHolyGod
Heyo admin, hope you've all had a nice evening. Uhm I know I haven't been very patient but.... I havent gotten my items or gold back from the scamming report i filled out about... 3 weeks ago. I know you are working at your very hardest from multiple reports, but I really need teh gold. ;-; Thank you for acknowledging this comment, and again, hope you have a nice evening.

Could chu please answer mah question? No rush thoiugh... -sobs in corner-

Could you send me a PM with the information about your report so I can take a look into its status?

DARKNRGY
Purinzu
Is it possible that I could offer small-time development for gaia? I'm very far from having the degree or preferrable experience to be formally hired, but could we possible do coding or artist internships?

There really isn't a concept of "small-time development" in Gaia. It takes 2-4 weeks for our interns to do anything useful, most of that time spent learning stuff. It takes quite a bit of background to be productive. Right now we're going through stacks and stacks of intern resumes and you are welcome to join that bandwagon. Send your resume and code samples to resumes@gaiaonline.com. You'll need to know PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, JS, git, proficient in *nix. Helpful if you have experience in web development (personal projects ok), experience working with large code bases or at least group projects where you use a versioning system.

A lot of folks sit back in their armchairs and say "oh yeah I could do that in one day". They are wrong wink . We are always on the lookout for good talent though!

siskataya
Schuba
This isn't really a question, more like a kind statement. I think there should be a Debate forum. A place where people can debate things of all topics. ^^

Thanks for the idea Schuba - always happy to hear new forum suggestions! Regarding the debate forum you would like, how would it function for the community? I assume that you have a specific idea in mind, something different from the Extended Discussion which has lots of debate threads, so if you have some new ideas, we'd love to hear them!

Thanks biggrin
Sisky

biglanky14
Pink Vynn
Hello admins! I hope your day is going well. (:

(On a side note, happy b-day, Lanzer!)

I'm sorry if this question is stupid, or has already been asked, but I was wondering if you'll release some Summer Springs related items? I'd love to have Lena's hairstyle, or have some of the animal companions to put with my avatar.

Thanks! <3

Hi Pink Vynn,

I don't know if there any plans to do so, but it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility. I know that there are a lot of people who would be interested in those items too.

Uncle Kenny
Madkool
Have any of you guys watched Avatar, The Legend of Korra? Are there any sponsorship activities planned for the series?

Yes, I watched it Saturday morning, so much awesome. I don't know about any sponsorships though, they don't let me in on those talks.
Zero Omega
Totally downloaded the season pass for iTunes today. Will be watching the first episode when I get home.

Dunno about sponsorships for it though, not my field.

Zero Omega
cute_prince04
Zero Omega
cute_prince04
HELLO ADMIN I NEED HELP

I WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT MY TRADING PASS HAS BEEN DISABLED AND ITS BEEN THAT WAY FOR ALMOST TWO MONTHS NOW. I HAVENT GOTTEN A REPLY OR ANY HELP OR REASON TO WHY ITS LIKE THT. WHEN I ASKED THEY SAID THEY HAVE BEEN INVESTIGATING BUT ITS BEEN GOING ON FOREVER.

PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING WRONG AT ALL AND I HAD RECENTLY BOUGHT SO MUCH GAIA CASH AND I WANTED TO USE IT BECAUSE THATS WHAT I LOVE TO DO ON GAIA TRADE, SELL AND BUY ITEMS. BUT I CANT DO THAT ANYMORE AND I REALLY NEED HELP
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP GET ME MY TRADING PASS BACK.

I CANT DO ANYTHING ON GAIA ANYMORE
THANK YOU GAIA ADMIN I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU GUYS AND YOUR HELP AND EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR US.

-PRINCE

Hey there Prince,

It looks like you were contacted by one of our moderators regarding your trading pass. It looks like the situation is currently being investigated and we should have it cleared up shortly. Sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

THANK YOU SOO MUCH ADMIN I HAVE BEEN WAITING SOO LONG I WAS WORRIED THAT I MIGHT NEVER GET IT BACK.
BUT YOU GAVE ME HOPE AGAIN. SO DOES THAT MEAN ITS GONNA BE BACK BY TODAY OR TOMMOROW. AND I RESPECT YOU GUYS ALOT FOR DOING WHAT YOU DO. I UNDERSTAND YOU JOB IS HARD AND YOU GUYS HAVE ALOT TO LOOK INTO SO I REALLY THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOUR DOING FOR ME. I WAITED SO LONG AND I CAN FINALLY USE MY GAIA CASH HOPEFULLY THANK YOU SOO MUCH.
PRINCE/TROY

Unfortunately I don't have an actual timeframe of when it will be back, that will be whenever we can have it reviewed. I do know that it's in a queue for review.

Lanzer
smashbrolink
I heard a rumor going around that there are plans being drawn up to slowly and eventually phase out the most expensive CS items from recipes and replace them with ingredients that we won't have to use Gaia Cash to obtain.
How true is this, if at all?[<----not up to date with alchemy lately, but REALLY wants those rumored white angel wings]

We are making changes in Alchemy but CS based items will probably still require some form of CS items, as we're worried that it might affect the prices of existing CS items. Though we do have various ideas on alternatives. We will continue to improve upon the formulas and the system after the upcoming update.

Uncle Kenny
oMonstah
Just a quick question.
Do you guys plan on making it so Monster Galaxy doesn't have to be linked to facebook? I'd like to have neighbors from Gaia instead.

Thanks!

Yep, that is in the works. If word today is to be believed, you should hopefully see it very soon 3nodding

biglanky14
Naramaru
First time at ATA for me!

Happy Belated Birthday Lanzer!

Just one question! I know there was talk about updating the avatar arena and that it wasn't going to be easy, but I want to know if it's still being looked at or is it just completely out?

Hi Naramaru,

Welcome!

This is one of the things that we'd like to get to at some point, but we have too many other things going on in the meantime to be able to do so in the near future.

pyawakit
Amara Tempest_Noir
The Reve Rouille Hole-hearted pose bumps off my Lady Justice's Armor corset(Lace Top). I noticed that same Reve pose bumps the Pinot Noiress Bottle Corset as well. This is the only thing standing in the way of me actualizing my dream avi. Can you fix this?

I'll pass this along for you! heart

swarf
Predator Prairie Dog
Hi just 2 questions

1. is there any possible ways to make new summon pets for zomg. I would really like to see a predator prairie pup as a summon.

2.Can we make the houses more interactive than they are. just one thing would be nice like...the jukebox plays music or the slot machine really does dispense fake coins when you click on it.

Yaaarrrr!

Indeed, the PPPs would be awesome pets to have! We definitely want to add little content updates to zOMG as we're able to. And making buddies from the existing monsters is one of the best candidates for something that's not too time-consuming. So, can't make any promises. But that's definitely a possibility at some point.

pirate

Zero Omega
Twilight Afternoon
Zero Omega
Twilight Afternoon
I'm so excited that you teamed up with Fever Studio for more facebook games. I've been waiting for Everytown (Or should I say Summer Springs) to be translated. It's been the talk with most of my friends who live over there.

My question is will there be some cross over items from both Summer Springs and Soul Crash? Like you did for Monster Galaxy

Or would this be a problem in the contract with Fever studio?

Also when is the announcement about the games? I haven't seen them lately. A friend told me about the soft launch during Sakura Con.

Note: I know /NOTHING/ about the actual contract agreements with these games so the following is just coming from an absolutely unverified source and my answer is purely just logical.

I'd imagine if both parties agreed to do it, then we might see it. But if there was no agreement, then probably not until things are renegotiated. I couldn't really say either way though.
Thank you, for your insight. That what I had thought in back of my mind but getting another view is pretty much supported that. So I'm pretty much in a dead until there something in the facebook threads mentioning about it.

Do you have any insight if there will be an announcement for the two games?

Unfortunately that's not somethin' I know about, sorry.
Zero Omega
Twilight Afternoon
Well, thanks for attempting at least.

Off question:
Wearing socks with sandals Or Wearing a wedding gown on the beach?

Socks with sandals.

biglanky14
Twilight Afternoon
I'm so excited that you teamed up with Fever Studio for more facebook games. I've been waiting for Everytown (Or should I say Summer Springs) to be translated. It's been the talk with most of my friends who live over there.

My question is will there be some cross over items from both Summer Springs and Soul Crash? Like you did for Monster Galaxy

Quite possibly smile

Lanzer
ll Mizuki-Sama ll
When will more Inzio Formula's be added?
Not to mention when will more Barachiel's Wings be added?
Barachiel's Wings used to be worth 90k-110k
Now they go for like more then 100Mill.

One of the things we wish to address is the availability of formulas, as we want alchemy items to be things that are coveted, not the formulas themselves.

Hopefully after the upcoming update the marketplace price will drop.

biglanky14
marshmallowcreampie
In the monthly video, it was mentioned that we'll be getting another TV show sponsor this month. So, a few questions...

1. Will this be a big sponsorship with CS items, like the Adventure Time sponsorship was?

2. Any hint on what this sponsor show will be? emotion_kirakira

3. A less related question, but... I know for most sponsors, they have to come to Gaia, not the other way around. But if you don't mind me asking, in the case of sponsorships where items are sold for cash, do the sponsors get a cut of the money? If so, does that mean Gaia could potentially go up to the sponsor themselves and request a sponsorship?

Hi marshmallowcreampie,

We actually probably shouldn't call these types of cases "sponsors." Typically, when we sell items from a particular show/movie/whatever in the Cash Shop, that's really more of a partner. They're letting us use their intellectual property (such as with Adventure Time) in exchange for part of the sales. In both sponsorships and partnerships, sometimes they come to us, and sometimes we go to them if we think it's something you guys would really like.

Lanzer
Bardess Ookami
Happy birthday, Lanzer!

My question is about Aquariums, and if we are likely to see them working again on Fire fox and Seamonkey any time soon? Thanks! mrgreen

I've been testing the feature on Firefox, so we're pretty confident that it works. Though do note that Flash is a plug-in component on Firefox, so maybe try installing the newest version of flash player or the debug version of flash player and try again. Good luck!

codemonkey37179
Dawn of Ireland
I am having problems with the Town. I pick up the paper and flowers . When I go to collect them from my sack it does not empty and then it dumps and I do not get the trash. Do you have to collect after each zip code?

all flowers and trash collected in towns, now goes straight to your main inventory.

DARKNRGY
Sleet Tempest Snape
Hello, Lanzer and Admins.

I asked this the last time, but got no answer. Anyway, I have two questions.

It's really been a long time since anything happened with arranging inventories, and making it easier. I have a massive inventory, almost 2,000 items I think. It's really slow and tedious to arrange things. Is there anyway this can be made easier? Even making the icon screen bigger, take up more space, so I don''t have to move items up a long list to where I want to drop them?

Also, I've been playing booty grab a lot, only way I earn a lot of gold really, and I find that I keep not getting boxes because the fish drop them and they fall right off screen. Can there be someway set up so coins, and especially boxes, don't go off screen?

For the arranger we want to rewrite it in javascript and get away from the flash app. It's been on our list for a while now but other things have gotten in the way. Sorry, don't have a good answer. We know it doesn't work very well for large inventories. I put all my bulk stuff in storage so that it doesn't interfere with other pages.

codemonkey37179
Caviteria
Leader Clair
Caviteria
Is there any updates about House,Towns and zOMG?

There is going to be a Towns 2.0.

I heard about Towns 2.0. Maybe, I am imagining the features of it. ^^

Towns 2.0 news and suggestions here

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/towns-2-0/t.78071015_1/

pyawakit
MistressMinako
Oh and can someone please fix the green goo glitch on the Vampire Sound? I've made reports and contacted PRISM and still waiting... do I need to send a PM to reapersun?

Oh yes! I'll get that taken care ASAP! heart

biglanky14
Bright Ending
I'd love to show my appreciation for the artists who work on Gaia.
You bring fantastic visualizations to amazing, mystical, beautiful, frightful and inspiring item ideas, not to mention all your other art that's dispersed through the site. I always love seeing your work. You do your jobs well! Thank you!

This is awesome - I'll pass your note along. Thanks!

DARKNRGY
Barjova
Hi staff! I love you all! emotion_hug I hope you've been doing well!

I just have one suggestion/question. I've considered tossing up a mock design for a subscribed threads / friends grouping / list / categories system so you could organize your subscribed threads & friends into different groups and categories. Like, group all RP threads together, all info threads together, all "memory" threads together, etc., for easier access. And group friends by how you know them, like IRL friends, RP friends, guild friends, etc.

Just wondering if this would be worth my time. Like, is it even possible? Thanks everyone! I hope everything is going well! wink

We don't have any plans to do this. There are better ways to organize your bookmarks anyway - you could use your browser or an online bookmark service. These features would only be useful for advanced users such as yourself wink .

Zero Omega
Aulay
Would you ever consider making an account security question to possibly help with keeping accounts safer? Or to help with recovering hacked accounts just to help prove gaians are who they say they are?
/totalquestionshotinthedark

I know we've done security questions in the past but they ended up causing a lot of problems because people could remember them and they became easy to crack.

However, we always do our best to help out as many Gaians as we can with their hacked accounts. If you, or if you know someone, who was hacked, file a report at http://www.gaiaonline.com/hacking

DARKNRGY
Aunt Adelade
Hi Happy Bday and i got a question i noticed that a skittle thing is worth like 2kl but the market place says its worth 1m is that a glitch ?

If you're talking about the average buy price in Marketplace, that's not always accurate. It's based on historic data and we're not able to filter out the price manipulations. Sometimes looking at the graphs is helpful.

Zero Omega
Fluorescent Nova
Can we have an Update on the Spring Cleaning Proposals PLEASE!?

We're still going through the Spring Clean Proposals to see what is possible and what isn't, we actually plan to close up the forum shortly. However, you can still use the Petitions forum to get your voice heard.

swarf
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
I have a few questions regarding zOMG:
1) Is it still possible to implement new badges? The devs have made the art for many already, but if I've heard that the developer who programmed the badges left. Would it be at all possible to put in new badges with art already made, or is it just not very high on the to-do list?
2) There are 2 huge glitches in DMS that need to be fixed:
-The infamous instance reset: sometimes for no apparent reason, or if nobody is in the Green Rooms but one person is in the first part of the maze (the yellow rooms), parts of, or the entire DMS instance may be reset, wasting hours of hard work done by crews.
-Unable to finish quest chain: there is a glitch with the last quest (kill kamila). you can finish the conversation with alastor thats SUPPOSED to grant you the quest, but it does not register on the PDA. and even if you kill both of Kamila's forms in a single run, Alastor still does not acknowledge that you have done the quest.
--Seeing as many users have paid for this content, these should be in the top priority of glitches to fix.
3) Approximately how long will this "maintenence mode" last? A few more months? A year? Forever? Even just a general time span would be nice sweatdrop

Hullo!

1. In the case of badges the art isn't the difficult part. We're using a weird feature of a super old quest system which no one here knows much about. So it's mostly a matter of finding someone with the time to go back and figure it out and possibly update the tools so we can add the new data correctly. So badges are currently a lot more work than fixing bugs or adding quests and items.

2. Yeah, I totally agree about the bugs. I'll also add the orb glitch and the new user training stuck bug. Those four are the BIG FOUR bugs that we're going to tackle first. I think lanky already mentioned that we're a little delayed on account of the hired guns having a newborn daughter to take care of. But we'll get him back on it soon!

3. We don't really have a clear answer to this one for now. So, i guess "indefinitely" is the best we can say. But we're trying to do more than just basic maintenance. Little content additions will come along as we're able to find time.
Quote:
Misc. questions:
-I have seen many concepts for new items that would someday be used in epic recipes. would it be too hard to put in a new epic recipe every now and then? or perhaps make the recipes available in back alley bargains; this could draw in a bit more profit for zOMG!
-in alchemy, some formulas require items that are one-time-only grants in zOMG, and because of this, the price and demand have skyrocketed on the marketplace, and there are now very few in circulation. would it be possible to make the recipes for these items drops from regular monsters? even just rare drops would be nice sweatdrop

Yeah, I know the ones you're talking about. I'll check on the status of those. Who knows, perhaps those could be part of the small content updates.

And as for alchemy recipes using up some of the one-time zOMG items, we'll need to review a bunch of the item alchemy stuff at some point. No clue what they'll decide to do, but possibly we'll need to alter the recipes to use slightly more available items.

codemonkey37179
The Second Choumaru
codemonkey37179
The Second Choumaru
I didn't want to repost this for the third time, nor did I want to want to make the thext to huge [In fact, I'll do the reader a favor and un-huge it. -Platonix], but I do want attention... or atleast some a read or two.

I have concerns for Gaia's future. I been on Gaia since 2004, I have seen many changes to Gaia as result. There is probably one thing I notice in particular, The Users. I few years back when I quit Gaia Online the current number of users online was always around 125,000 when it was at it busiest time of day, but now it's only 25,000. You have lost 4/5 of your members and didn't gain enough new members back to even put a dent in that loss. I

So as a result you are force to make more items for the Cash Shop to support the site, since with less members comes less profit. So I know you made more cash items, to earn more money . Sadly this caused huge amount of inflation on a extramural scale. It's kinda remind me how after WWI the German Marks became so worthless, the paper they were printed on was worth more.

Do you have any plans or strategies for gaining more members? As well as cutting cost to reduce the inflation of the current marketplace problem?

Like I said in the beginning I have been a member on this site for long time now. I've seen user's come and go as well as features come and go as well. Gaia was the first place I didn't feel like an outcast. It allowed me to be who I am. It was the first place I "came out" and met my Boyfriend on here nearly five years ago who I currently live with. I met so many friends, some so close we still talk daily over the phone. I am worried for the other outcast not having the same chance as I did.

Hey Second Choumaru!,

Congrats on meeting someone on here. It always makes us happy to hear when the site has help to change someone's life in such a positive way.

This is a response I posted to someone in last weeks ATA. I think it applies here as well.

Hi Mint Citrus, I've only been with Gaia a little less than a year, and wasn't really familiar with the site before I came to work here, but I've been involved with tech for a long time. I can understand how it seems that the current count of 30,153 Gaians Online at this posting may seem like things are slowing down. Consider though, when Gaiaonline launched there was no youtube or facebook. Myspace came and went. My point is, the internet is a much bigger place than it was. From what I've seen from working here there is a lot of energy here, and the people still using the site are ones who really care about it. I know this because of the incredible amount of feedback we get. I've never worked at a company with such a loyal user base as this one. I also know about a lot of the fun things planned for the future, that I can't go into here.

It is great that you met someone on here and that you have so much love for the site. Don't worry. We'll be here!

Thanks, we didn't live close at all, I am from Indiana and he was from Massachusetts, but now he is next to me.

And thanks for your response. I am glad to hear that you will be here for others.
If it pleases you can I give you some suggestions to make to the owners of the site.

Sure, post them in site feedback. We check that thread everyday. I know how you feel, my wife and I grew up around 8,000 miles apart.

Lanzer
Idol Ni-Tan
I was curious if it is possible to have more Macross and maybe even some Eureka 7 items? Since Eureka Ao just came out. I've been a bit disappointed with each music or sci-fi rig there hadn't been any Eureka 7 or a lot of Macross inspired items. Please don't get me wrong I LOVE Sheryl Orange. But I'd love to maybe have Ranka Lee's Kira Kira pose which you know is used in a lot of anime these days. Or Basara's Jacket or even a little 'LISTEN TO MY SONG' Speech bubble. Even maybe Sharon Apple's wires holding our avii up. I know we already have that one wired item which I adore. But I'd love to see more Macross love.

I'd also love to see some trapar lifting, the bright colors from Eureka would make some beautiful items. The Seven Swell Phenomenon, the Summer of Love. The lift boards, some of the mechs and costume design. Anemone's hair, Eureka's uniform, Moon Doggy pants, etc.

I don't think there's an upcoming sponsor in sight for the two anime so we probably can't make any official items, but there's always a chance for inspired items in the future. Macross is my favorite anime of all times!

biglanky14
Sinivar
I do have a question and it has bothered a lot of folks in regards to alchemy.

1. Why was feedback about the feature ignored for so long? People were trying to get your attention for weeks to months and not a word was said and when a group was finally assembled to look at it, it took more time to gather data because they were completely unaware of the system and it's problems.

2. Why now are the only ones who communicate about changes and at least look over the threads in SF non-members of the alchemy team who have already other duties that take precedence? Why aren't the ones who made alchemy the ones communicating with the userbase about it?

There's been a lot of crossed wires and incorrect information given because everyone who talks with us about it only have second-hand information and need to keep going back and forth from us to the makers of the system to understand what's going on to begin with.

So yeah. My question is why isn't the team responsible for alchemy directly dealing with the changes and communication and actively explaining why they made things the way they did. It would help if we can know where they literally stand on their choices and can create feedback they can understand based on that.

Hi Sinivar,

Honestly, I'm not in a position to say what happened before I came back in December, so I can't really answer your first question. As for the rest, a bunch of us are working on it - pretty much everyone who posts regularly in the forums. Our communications haven't been the best, which is partly b/c we're trying to figure out how to deal with this complex problem in a way that's best for the majority of users, and partly because just haven't done things as well as we could've. But we're pretty excited about the change we're rolling out really soon, and we'll be watching really carefully to see what happens.

biglanky14
Krazy-Chibi
Hello Admins!

I was wondering if you think there may be a chance of there being some Skullgirls sponsor items in the future? I kinda figure since Alex ( O_8 ) used to be an artist here it could be possible. whee

Hi Krazy,

We've talked to them about doing some cross-promotion, but I don't think anything's coming out of it right now. But who knows in the future.....

pyawakit
Existential Existence
pyawakit
yum_cupcake

almost forgot to bring this up but if you equip the mask/helm poses from these two new CI items:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/86991

and

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/86989

...which come from the new Goblin CI, they are glitched and layer behind the "bangs" or front portion of almost all wigs. which basically makes them useless, at least for the female avatar (I think it also glitches for male bases).

Fix? biggrin

TY

Oh! I'll pass it along!

(Side note, your avi's are always amazing cat_crying )

biglanky14
Shirlox
If I were to do a quick fun sketch of an employee of Gaia, who would want it the most? emotion_awesome

Biglanky!!! But with lots of muscles.

Lanzer
Nicodemia
when i listen to music on my profile or sometimes others, it comes out bleeping like "ill..do..an.y..th..ing..fo..rr..you.."

is that a glitch or my computer?

You can try a couple of things, such as:
- trying different browser
- upgrading flash
- closing other programs to speed things up

But sometimes plug-ins just don't work right with other things loaded. Sorry there isn't a straight answer for problems like these.

Zero Omega
ChobitsCHII35
I have been registering for free gaia cash and taking surveys and signing up for offers and it said ive completed the offer afterwards. It say it has the 15 min delay or gaia cash won't be recieved for 2 day. Ive had so many emails from those other offers from the surveys but still no gaia cash. What should I do? crying crying crying

Have you tried contacting the offer companies already? They should be able to assist you in getting your Cash if you completed the offer.

If you've already contacted them and haven't received any help, then file a billing ticket at http://www.gaiaonline.com/help.

Lanzer

Sorry I didn't get a chance to look into it, some of the alchemy issues needed more attention but I'll definitely check it out when I get a chance. Sorry for the wait.

Zero Omega
bookspyder
Hey! I'm a part of this guild called the Daffodil Movement that honors and celebrates survivors of cancer for the month of April and was wondering if you could give it guild spotlight? As a cancer survivor myself, I'm really excited and proud to be a part of this guild and feel they deserve the attention for what they are doing. Thanks! biggrin

Definitely possible! Send in an e-mail to usertalk[at]gaiaonline[dot]com (just reformat the address to a real e-mail address) with your request.

Lanzer
Thank you so much for joining us on today's ATA! Your support had inspired more staff and artists to join in and I hope you enjoy the additional company. See you all next week!

biglanky14
Fluorescent Nova
Leader Clair
Fluorescent Nova
Can we have an Update on the Spring Cleaning Proposals PLEASE!?

Freaking this.

....I just... really want to know if all my hard work was in vain....
D;

Hi Fluorescent Nova,

Nope - we of course can't do everything that was suggested in Spring Cleaning, but we've done some of the things on the list, and are going to keep referring to it for future projects as well. In the meantime, we'll be closing up the forum very soon.

Thanks for asking!

biglanky14
Thanks again to everyone for joining us today - and for wishing Lanzer a Happy Birthday!

I'm sorry if we didn't get to your question. As I mentioned earlier, we try to answer as many as we can, but since there are only a handful of us here, we can only get to so many.

Have a great evening, and see you guys next week!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Special Bonus! April 20th
This is not a true Ask the Admin session. Some members of Gaia Staff just spontaneously decided to hang out in the GCD and chat up the userbase. Rock On! Since it's a lot like an AtA, I've decided to include it (besides, it's not Stickied so it's harder to find than an AtA session.) In fact, in my moment of spontaneity I'll leave in people's post styles for the heck of it (unless they're godawful annoying.) Enjoy!

biglanky14
Hi everyone,

It's Friday afternoon here, and what better way to spend it than to hang out with the GCD! We'll be hanging out here for an hour or so, so if you have a question, wanna chat about pretty much anything, have some art to show off to PRlSM, or anything else, come join us!
biglanky14
SnowbaIl
You still work here?

LOL - best line ever.

PRlSM
a wishing well
PRlSM
a wishing well
PRlSM, might you have another REI soon?

Before long, sure!

Oh goody emotion_dowant
Yours are always my favorites~

Aww, thank you~! emotion_yatta

biglanky14
Krissim Klaw
biglanky14
Krissim Klaw
Tsk, tsk, tsk, does your boss know you guys are slacking off and playing when you should be spending every waking moment further working on alchemy? And, by boss I don't mean that figure head, Lanzer, but your real boss, Waffles the Cat. Just because he takes cat naps doesn't mean you can sneak on here to play. talk2hand

Ha - that extra powerful catnip works wonders!

Krissim, what do you think about the Cache change? Obviously it doesn't solve every issue people have with Alchemy, or even really come close, but do you think it's a positive step?

Yes, I do think this was a huge step in the right direction. It seems like the odds are pretty reasonable and I saw friends doing in hours what it was taking them months before. I think this will make it far easier for Gaians without gold to grind toward their goals without feeling the random chance element is completely kicking them in the face.

I do have a couple questions/suggestions. Right now my friend working on the Demon wings has every single component except the Smoldering Helm which is Dernier Cri item. The last sale of one we can find in a topic was a year ago. Is there any chance you guys could rotate and keep in shop the items from that store that will be needed on these wing quests?

The other thing I would be interested in is if you have any plans to make some more pathways or further tweak the pathways in the caches. The one thing that still stands out to me is I think the fish/zomg type loot should have been halved when the trash/flowers/bugs were. Instead of needing 10 of all of them I think 5 of each would be more reasonable. Those numbers haven't changed at all since the biginning and the zOMG components especially take so much time really cutting down on the ease of producing caches all on your own. Considering you will need over 2,000 caches for a backwing quest, I would like to be able to realistically pretty much grind for everything I need to make all those without having to resort to the vend.

Really though, thank you so much for the current change. It has made a huge difference. I went from not having a shot at reaching my fullsize wings to now I can start questing again. =)

Ok, cool - thanks for the feedback. I of course can't promise anything, but we can definitely keep these suggestions in mind. We don't plan on stopping after that change, although we do want to give it a little bit of time so we can collect data on the effect it's had.

PRlSM
Hi-Potion
PRlSM
Hi everyone! emotion_c8
Have you seen Legend of Korra yet? ;3

Not yet, but it looks amazing! Nice to see a strong lady lead.

biglanky14
Hi-Potion
Also, LAnky.... forgive me, but what do you do exactly? >w>;;
Ive seen you around, but unless someone is an artist or a dev, Im not sure of what they do.

No problem!

I'm actually in charge of the site, so I'm the one to blame when there's something you don't like. Basically, if you like something, it's the artist or dev's great work. When you hate something, it's my fault. Seriously.

As for the sponsor, I knew that it would cause some controversy since we were required to only make those items available for US users. That of course isn't ideal, and it's not how we want most of these things to work. But people have wanted FMA stuff for so long that we decided it would be worth it, since otherwise we wouldn't be able to do anything with it at all.
biglanky14
Slick Southpaw
biglanky14
I'm actually in charge of the site, so I'm the one to blame when there's something you don't like. Basically, if you like something, it's the artist or dev's great work. When you hate something, it's my fault. Seriously.
So it's because of you Gaia suffers from a severe lack of quality snake items or a snake I AM pose?
mad

Anyhow, I know I really appreciate you comin forth on things when we're a bitchin real hard heart You and Narumi are purty awesome.

No prob - part of the gig. Besides, even when we're getting screamed at, it's still kinda fun b/c in our heart of hearts we know that people are mad about something b/c they care. You don't find that many places.

Inb4 someone saying we think it's fun to make you mad - it is not. smile
biglanky14
Slick Southpaw
biglanky14
Oh, and yes - my reptiliaphobia may be a primary reason smile

However, I do support anything with Anacondas AS LONG AS they also contain Jon Voight. B/c his performance in that was just epic.
emotion_kirakira
Snakes are terribly adorable

especially anacondas. if we got an anaconda I AM pose and tribute to Jon Voight....tell your artists to make this dream come trueeeeeee emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart

Babies. Alllllll babies. Go to your mothers babies.
biglanky14
Hi-Potion
biglanky14
Hi-Potion
Sooooo youre like the editor of a book? 8D
And you do what Lanzer used to do, right?
And dont worry, the GCD usually blames devs/artists/Reaper whenever we dont get what we want xD

Yeah, like I understand how it all works out since we've had a Funi sponsor before with Tsubasa Chronicles, and I can understand why some people would be upset, but in the end, Funi only licensed in America since theyre mostly an American company, but in the end its better to have them available to atleast some of us via cash, that way we could feed them into the MP.
But quick question, will we be getting sponsors from any other big TV shows? >w>

Ha - while I'd love to say that's a sweet gig for me, it's not really true. They're doing all the hard work while I'm just making sure everything is going correctly smile

We definitely have our eyes on a few. However, with things like this they're more like partnerships than sponsorships b/c we're paying for the right to turn their stuff into items. But it's worth it when we can get really good partners.
So, like, I have to ask... Is it pricey doing a sponsorship with such big companies? ;3;

Also is there a partnership that youd personally like to see come to Gaia?

It's usually some split between the company we're licensing the stuff from, which can be prohibitive sometimes.

Because I'm the biggest Star Wars nerd on the planet I"d love for that, but I don't think it's going to happen.
biglanky14
Hi-Potion
Fffffff starwars would be amazing ;3;
But yeah, aside from games, the franchise is kinda dead/slowing down.
I'd love a Jabba comapnion or something 8D

I have an unhealthy obsession with Lobot. I would SO wear his head-thingy.

warrior_of_boognish
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Are you guys on Pottermore now, like the rest of the internet?.

I don't know what this Pottermore is, and what have you but I can say I'm stuck somewhere between a Hat Simulator and Ski Free:Shazbot.

biglanky14
Troy the confuzed
Do either of you know if the new shop is always going to be cash only or if there will eventually be gold items? It's in the regular section of the shop directory instead of the premium section, but maybe I'm hoping too much?

Hey Troy,

Honestly - I don't know. I don't like to say never because things can change all the time.

PRlSM
Mereluna
What's your favorite thing on the site you've worked on?

Ahh, hard to choose... My favorite thing to pixel is food, so any update to Buttercup Cafe has been really fun for me. I really enjoyed pixelling the diner food~
biglanky14
I don't code, so I haven't really contributed anything to the site other than getting in people's way smile

But I love the events b/c they're fun and different. And honestly, the forums. I've been working with online Communities for over a decade, and even when things are a little gnarly, the passion of the Gaia community is pretty awesome.

PRlSM
Winter Hue
PRlSM
Winter Hue
Oh PRlSM, might you be making an evolution in the Modus Operandi?
Oh and sir Boog, did you happen to make the Duelliste? Dat coat and dat hat. heart Gorgeous.

Time will tell... emotion_c8

I am very excited for that hint. XD Oh goodness, terribly excited.
Oh another question. Will the Mana Seed every have a sequel REI (no chance bundle please)?
Will we ever have the lovely hair that the character in the Mana Seed illustration/SDPlus doll has?
Beautiful lovely hair is lovely. Oh and you are a genius for the Sainte Ciel / Rosamund storyline. heart

/rants about how much I adore your items.

It's always possible, but I can't say for sure! We like to hear what you're interested in seeing. I'm glad you liked Ciel and Rosamund, I really loved working on them. emotion_bigheart

biglanky14
meekstape
do yall have a JSR HD sponsorship planned? because that would rule not gonna lie

Hi meekstape,

I can't really talk about upcoming sponsorships too much, but this one's not on the list at the moment sad

biglanky14
Read All Over
biglanky14
Read All Over
User Image

any awesome plans for the weekend??

addicted to cute s**t

My wife is doing a half-marathon in San Luis Obispo this weekend, so we're heading down there. Should be a lot of fun....since she'll be doing the work and I'll be eating donuts!!

the best place in a race is the sidelines 4laugh

THIS. Plus with a hot dog.

biglanky14
tea bakeries
hey guys c: so... What's new in the office?

Hi tea,

Pretty much the usual - working hard on new items and stuff for you guys to do. Trying to keep Lanzer from yelling at me too much. Seeing which items make my avatar look downright sexy. You know, standard stuff.

warrior_of_boognish
Winter Hue
Boog, did you happen to make the Duelliste? Dat coat and dat hat. heart Gorgeous.

Indeed I did make the Duelliste, glad you appreciate the Handiwork ^^
Meekstape
yo when are we gonna kiss for real? when you gonna visit me so i can nuzzle your nose

Oh whenever I can efficiently travel outside the state of Texas, Meeks. I'd love to come visit and see you in teh realz
Day7
Also, hey Boog lol nice to see you out of the guild

I get out......occasionally

PRlSM
Opera Phantomess
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

You guys need to video tape yourselves doing the Time Warp over at HQ and then post the video for all to see. Just sayin'. *twitches* emotion_awesome

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Ahh, well, we will have to get some costumes together... XD
biglanky14
I'm too much of an Army of Darkness fan to have room for other cult films smile

PRlSM
Lanzer
Your boss is here
User Image

emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart

PRlSM
Hi-Potion
PRlSM
Tear of Fate
Are we going to see a REI for the other path following evil Ciel?

Hmm, it's possible, I was wondering what happened to her...
What can you tell us about Mephiste? ;w;

Not very much at this time, he... she... well, Mephiste is very mysterious.
PRlSM
Hi-Potion
So, im guessing it was on purpose that Mephiste was in multiple EIs, not including the Ciel series?

Mephiste has a way of lurking in the shadows of many dark tales... I suggest you keep your eyes open! cat_ninja

warrior_of_boognish
The Undead Suitor

guys we need a mass effect item

Only if I can make it in cream.....or hot pink
Hi-Potion
[referring to Duelliste] Can we get a recolour eventually mayhapse? ;33

Well, we'll have to wait and see...

PRlSM
Abbacus
Questions, questions!
Do either of you have Tumblr blogs? o 3o

Prism, what's your favourite item/s that you've made? And what inspires you the most when designing items?

Lanky, have you married Meru yet?

Hey can one of you knock Zelo upside the head with a nerf bullet for me?

I have too many favorites, hahaha~ Rosamund was a lot of fun for me. I'm inspired by film and fashion, I love dramatic costumes as in The Fall and The Fifth Element, and historical fashion like Marie Antoinette...
biglanky14
I don't use Tumblr at the moment (well, I did create a tribute one to Lobot from Star Wars a few years ago, but I think I only posted one picture and then forgot).

you're going to get me into trouble

Absolutely

biglanky14
Ridley Starsmore
biglanky14
BTW, NEW PLOT UPDATE JUST WENT OUT!!

(hope you like it....and the ones to come.....)

TO BE CONTINUED?!

n n
(╯°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . )

Only if you're good....

biglanky14
Erebea revius
Thank you for the impromptu Q&A, the AtA happens far too late for my time zone if I have work the following day.

Will there be a fix for the non-aquarium luck chest that doesn't show any items that are within it? It has been an issue for a long time now.

Also will new luck chest items appear eventually? I've been waiting for the Master's pendant for years now!

EDIT: The name for Nodlomu the dinosaur is an anagram of the name Muldoon after the character Robert Muldoon from Jurassic Park?

Thanks for the info - I just talked to some folks about the Luck Chest and some of the weirdness. No idea if/when it'll get fixed, but it's on the radar.

Don't know about the anagram, but that's a great theory!

biglanky14
The Undead Suitor
biglanky14
The Undead Suitor
oh s**t why am I here

just saiyen

It wouldn't be a party with you Undead!

After the bitterness that Panagrammic has over the ending to Mass Effect 3, not sure if he'd allow an item on the site smile

dude give me his number

we can b***h about the ending to eachother

we can be bros in bitching

and talk about how much the ending sucked

come ooooooooooooooooon

PM him - he would probably seriously love it.

biglanky14
Odd Cinderella
Please, PLEASE tell me Legend of Korra and My Little Pony will get sponsor items too!? gonk

All I can say is that we're constantly looking over the options we have. It would be cool to get either of those.

biglanky14
Crystal Sparda
Hey guys! Just wondering what you guys would want as a casual game on Gaia. More of card or board games, family game night sort of games. 3nodding
I'm like, dying to actually play games with mah buds on here, so was curious as to what you'd want to play with your friends.

Oh, and hi prism! I lervs you and am a crazy rainbow and sparkle whore. You seem to be too (based on your name). Just a little Diedrich moment for me. xd

Oh, any suggestions as to what I should teach my birds to say next? I have two macaws and they need to learn some silly things.

My captcha for this post: teh interwebs

I'd love to see more PvP games on here, like Chess or Checkers or stuff like that. It's just hard to find or make the right ones that will work on the site.

biglanky14
Hi-Potion
Will Alchemists Case ever be changed to act like the cache? ;3;
There are still far too many formulae that are beyond rare Dx /like NSFW

I can't say it will for sure, but that's one of the options on the table.

warrior_of_boognish
Abbacus
What's your favourite items you've made and what inspires you the most? c:

Fave Items? Off the top of my head?

I would have to say Rogue Bravado, Hazard Shock Trooper, White Dwarf Prognosticator, and Slayer Champion.

What inspires me most?

Friends, colleagues and coworkers, being able to work in the company of such talented individuals always drives me forward to better my own work.
The Undead Suitor
warrior_of_boognish
The Undead Suitor

Only if I can make it in cream.....or hot pink

User Image
It wouldn't break canon

Well it seems I can carry Hot Pink all the way home.

PRlSM
Krissim Klaw
Any chance you might do an adorable praying mantis themed EI one day? emotion_kirakira

Hahaha, I've never thought of that before! But the mantis in your signature sure is cute~ I love the ones that look like flower petals.

Lanzer
The Undead Suitor

just saiyen

I already have my own Mass Effect items

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/577334_10150648295701666_685026665_9470344_1839782819_n.jpg

I'm hopeless sweatdrop

biglanky14
Anne Packrat
Since Diedrich spayed himself.... Does that mean he's actually a she?

I'm not a writer, but Diedrich may transcend gender at this point smile

biglanky14
The Undead Suitor
biglanky14
Princess Piyo
Hi Lanky, PRISM, and Lanzer. It's such a nice surprise to have you in GCD! This is why I love this place. heart

Of course! This is the best part of the job.

It's cause you get to hang with me.

Obviously.

Duh!
biglanky14
The Undead Suitor
I mean like, obviously Im the funnest guy here

obviously talk2hand I bring the party

and happy birthday to your special lady

Thanks yo. And you are. Most definitely.

warrior_of_boognish
rococobro

seriously though, I'd flip my circuits for some ME items.

Its been noted ^^

And as such, hopefully we can deliver when the opportunity arises.

biglanky14
koolknight
so umm im a little confused as to what is really happening.. im assuming someone is getting free stuff? xd

emotion_kirakira one can wish right?

Just wanted to come hang out with our users for a bit. We haven't done enough of that lately outside of the ATA.

warrior_of_boognish
Zero Omega
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Are you guys on Pottermore now, like the rest of the internet?

Also, tell whoever's idea it was to make the My Little Pony and Legend of Korra hot topics thank you.

Me: Hey Lanky, you never thanked me for the Korra Hot Topic.

Lanky: I... I missed that post.

Me: It's on the first page!

Lanky: I don't thank you for anything then!

Me: gonk

*gets back to work*
Poor Zero, get back to work

biglanky14
Mermaid Eater
Biglanky gimme your SDPlus doll cuz im poor. lol

Done! Enjoy.....
(Cue massive pile of Gaians asking for free stuff. Nothing else was actually given.)
PRlSM
koolknight
biglanky14
tea bakeries
are we doing a giveaway now? Well I'd like a pony, and a big tree for my pony to eat, and a cactus.

....and also more free item grants.
emotion_bigheart

I've mailed a pony to your house. It should be there tonight. If it doesn't show up, keep waiting out there. If it doesn't show up this weekend, keep waiting - don't worry, it's coming.
i dont even know you like that, but you have already become my best friend after that comment... lol

We don't even get holiday pony bonuses. sad
PRlSM
Ridley Starsmore
Really? I got a pony.

User Image

It's not fair!!
biglanky14
Mermaid Eater
Biglanky14 = best Staff member either.

It was good that I had a couple smile

biglanky14
Kiyoura
Lanzer
Your boss is here
User Image

I saw that double post. ninja But, hello Lanzer and everyone, too. ^^

Anyways. Can zOMG be un-shelved, and be worked on again? ;o; I know I'm going to go off to college soon, and I'm still grinding my way up to CL 12, but it makes me sad knowing that zOMG is shelved...

ALSO. Can you guys re-release the zOMG Sweetheart Ring? Release it via Black Friday's Cash Shop or in-game or in the CS... just, release it again? And resell the Summon buddies again? ;o; I actually like them, and have grown attach to my multiple Outlaw Pups...

Hi Kiyoura,

We're still going to keep zOMG available and to fix bugs and make other small additions when we can. But we're not going to be doing any wide-scale work on it right now.

Thanks for suggestions on the other stuff though - we can add it to the possibilities list.

biglanky14
Anne Packrat
Can we PLEASE PLEASE get babies for Carl? I dream of the day when our great Antlered Lord will bring forth new holy children.

LOL - that's a disturbing image

biglanky14
Magnificent Moonbeam
biglanky14
Magnificent Moonbeam
Lanky: I hope you have a good time this weekend with your wife. I'm busy Saturday for a party to celebrate my stepdad's birthday.

Nice! Hope there's lots of cake - or at least Baskin Robbins mint chip roll cake.
Heh, more like a barbecue with some alcoholic drinks involved and even some CoD; MW3. xd His birthday isn't until Sunday so this is early.

Nice!

For some reason I"m a hugely lame gamer and only play CoD solo. I'm working through it for the 4th time now, on the hardest level. Had a bit of trouble on the last level last time so I'm not looking forward to it now.

But I'm a TERRIBLE first-person shooter player.

biglanky14
Druddigon
Hey Lanky since summer is around the corner could we get town vs town again?I miss them so much.

Stay tuned smile

biglanky14
Ninxi
Hey Lanky!
I have a few quick questions for you. In the past we had a Funi sponsorship for Tsubasa Chronicles. Back then I was able to get the items, I'm in Canada. But now with this new sponsorship for FMA I can't get them. It just seems kinda odd. What's up with that?

Also I understand their are legal issues at play, but can we international users at least view the shop? I love all the NPC's on Gaia. And it's such a shame we cant even take a peek inside. Can't the code be modified to just not allow us to purchase the items but view the shop?

And I remember you from the Walking Dead forum. We had a chat their once, but alas RL keeps me busy and I lost track of it. Nice to see you again in any case.

Thanks Ninxi - good to see you too!

Unfortunately those are all rules we had to follow with this partnership. Hopefully those items will be available at reasonable prices in the MP at some point. Thanks for understanding.

biglanky14
Just a note that I have to take off in just a few minutes. If I didn't get to your question, I promise it's not because I don't like you smile

And we'll have ATA on Monday like usual too.

biglanky14
meekstape
are yall smokin weed for 420? since you guys are in cali i figured it would be a thing you guys are doing lmfao

oh s**t lanzer is lookin ahahHAHAHA....(lanzer u smokin weed?)

Ha - today is my wife's bday and she's a high school teacher. That's all they ask her.

milkbun
Maggot
Did you guys know the In Da Hood Sweaters have been glitched since 2006? emotion_donotwant

I've been investigating this issue. It was hard to track down because no one who would know about it was here in 2004-2006. It completely vanished from the database like it was never there. Not sure what happened but we were able to track down the original files and I'll be reuploading them. Hopefully they will be working soon!

emotion_jawdrop

biglanky14
The Trancy Brat
biglanky14
The Trancy Brat
I hate to mention this but it would be interesting to know...
What do you guys think of the current "If I can't have it, no one should have it" attitude some users are running around with (about the new sponsor of course biggrin )
It's gotta be aggravating when users shove your efforts to get much wanted items on gaia back in your face with that attitude sweatdrop

Of course it's tough to see that, although I can understand why. All we can do is explain why, and hope folks understand.

One thing too - if these couldn't at least be sold in the MP, it's pretty unlikely we wouldn't have done it. That's not to say we never would b/c who knows, but it made it easier since the items are at least accessible that way.
There seems to be a lot of people who don't understand running around XD hopefully they get the idea soon though. I can understand it sucks that they can't purchase the items with GC, but blaming gaia isn't the way to go.

That's what I was thinking, I've already posted in a few threads that one of the reasons the deal was accepted was probably because the items were able to be sold in the MP.
Hopefully the storm blows over soon XD

Seriously, I really appreciate your help with this. You had the story pretty much exactly right.

PRlSM
Hi-Potion
Also, who can I talk to about layering glitches with items? ;3;
I made a thread a while ago, but it was never addressed

You can either talk to the artist or post in this thread:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/avatar-item-glitch-report-thread/t.69242947/

We do our best to fix glitches as soon as possible, but if you find one we've missed please let us know!

biglanky14
ducky duckie

I just wanted to say thanks for hanging out with us n.n
    It's refreshing and fun to see staff like this~

No problem! We're going to try to do this more often too.

biglanky14
Doug Rattmann
How do you feel about the insanely inappropriate cliquey-elitism going on in the zOMG forums? (And, to an extent, the GCD)

Honestly, I don't see that as much, but pretty much every forum on the interwebs has that to some extent or another. I think Gaians are generally pretty accepting, and I hope that continues.

biglanky14
Druddigon
Lanky/Artist can Dernier cry get some of the old items back next time?Some items like Smoldering helmet are very uncommon sad

and I would like to see some of the NPC clothing like Brenniven's vest and Cresentos coat again.

Dunno - we'd have to look into it. But I've heard this request a few times now, so it'll go on the list.

PRlSM
MrsrachaelSnape
PRlSM
MrsrachaelSnape
Any movies you guys are going to see?

I just saw Cabin in the Woods, it was excellent.

I heard it had a twist ending is that's true?

You'll have to check it out! Don't read spoilers, it's worth going in cold!
biglanky14
MrsrachaelSnape
biglanky14
I saw Cabin in the Woods twice last weekend, and I don't typically like horror movies. But I think it's pretty brilliant, and b/c it's a horror/comedy it has the right touch of both (like Scream).

And I saw Hunger Games for the first time yesterday. This counts as a huge streak for me, b/c I rarely get out to the movies any more.

How come you don't go to movies any more? Will you see scream 4?

Ok, one more smile

I've got little ones at home, so they pretty much make it impossible to get out to the movies much. The last thing I saw before this was probably Inception.

But I have to echo PRlSM - if you have any interest at all about Cabin in the Woods, DON'T go read spoilers. The whole fun of the movie is the way it unfolds, and if you know it going in, it won't be nearly as interesting.

See ya!

PRlSM
Tsuki_Kirkland
PRlSM
Tsuki_Kirkland
What Tv shows are you both watching ?

I am trying to catch up on Downton Abbey. sweatdrop

how is that? I keep thinking I need to watch Downtown Abbey but I’d be so far behind and I don’t know if its any good or not.

It's great if you like British period dramas. And I do.

biglanky14
Shintouyu
biglanky14
Shintouyu
I heard that there's no user-voting for the CrosStitch contest. True or False?

Also, how is the contest coming along?
True (at least this time around). And very well smile
Guesstimate finish date?

Soon. That's the best I can do right now. But soon.

biglanky14
Lady Leopardess
Just curious since Funimation owns the rights to FMA in other countries , they didn't let you allow those users to buy them as well?

Nope, unfortunately.

PRlSM
Milk Kittea
User Image
Ahh, such a pretty avi. <3 Had to tell you. User Image

Thank you~~! Yours is always so cute!

PRlSM
AAGH! The devs are shooting darts at us!! brb, must get vengeance...
biglanky14
Ok guys, I have to run. Thanks for hanging out with us - we'll do this again soon. Have a fantastic weekend, and see you at ATA on Monday!
PRlSM
I'm also heading out! Thanks for chatting with us everyone. emotion_bigheart

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
April 23rd

biglanky14
Constipated Trillionaire
biglanky14
Lanzer
Hello everyone!

I hope that those who are working in their formulas find the new Philosopher's Cache to be more useful. Moving forward we'll continue to work on the rarity and availability of components and formulas. What about the new items for Crossstitch? Did you collect any new items?

Let's get started with this week's ATA!

[strikeout and replacement name added by Constipated Trillionaire – I suspect biglanky still doesn't realize there's actually a user named "worlds suckiest vendor". -Platonix]
Huge kudos to Constipated Trillionaire, Krissim Klaw worlds suckiest vendor xp , and ComtesseNicoleDeLancre for crafting the Backwings! That's amazing, and made for some fun news to spread around the office this morning.

And thanks for your other feedback - that's all stuff we can definitely take into consideration.

Thank you, glad we could make Monday morning a little more enjoyable!
LOL on the strikethrough

biglanky14
Junett
Hello staff! I have just a few questions.

1) Thank you guys so much for fixing the philosopher’s cache! It really makes me happy. It seems that alchemy will be a little more user friendly and I love the system you guys implemented. My question is, are there any plans to do the same for the alchemist’s case? Or at least do something about getting formulas more easily? It’s difficult to get any formulas that are level 2 and 3.

2) Is the gaia iphone app broken? It hasn’t been working for about a week or more. I can’t log into it and I’ve seen many threads from users complaining about it.

3) Also is Murasaki from the new mecha neko shop... a guy? Can we have some more information about this new NPC? (they kinda creep me out)

Hi Junett,

1) We've got a few things on our list of tweaks we could further make to Alchemy, and those are on the list. That's not to say that we're going to do them of course, but we're looking at them.

2) Yeah, looks like the login function wasn't working. I think it's back up now - can you let me know if it's not?

3) I don't have the background, but she is a girl smile
biglanky14
Existential Existence
Junett
Thank you biglanky for answering my questions! Wow so she's a girl. eek

The iphone app is still giving me the login error. I tried shutting off my phone and reopening the app, but still nothing.

Man that's boring.

I'm gonna pretend she's a he just for fun.

You should! And maybe I'm being evasive....or maybe not..... smile

siskataya
Starshine
Hello everyone,

Last week I mentioned being able to buy pancakes (alchemy component from housing store) in bulk. Lanzer said that might be implemented when stores get an update. Since that might be awhile I have an alternative suggestion.

Can we please get a bundle of pancakes in the housing store? When you open the bundle you get 100 pancakes. It can work just like how existing bundles work for RIG items.

It would save so much time for us to enjoy the other features of Gaia.

Heya Starshine! Hope your week has been going well. I actually really like the bundle of pancakes idea. I get the frustration with having to buy pancakes one...at...a....time. gonk I'm not sure if this bundle of pancakes can be made, but I'm certainly happy to ask about it. Repeatedly. Until people are sick of my asking.

Take care biggrin
Sisky

siskataya
Magnificent Moonbeam
Hello, Lanzer and everyone. I want to say thanks for announcing the winners of the first CrosStitch contest. And the questions I wanted to ask about Mecha Neko has already been asked so I shall stay and talk to others that are here since I don't have any good questions to ask so far.

You are welcome - glad you enjoyed the CrosStitch contest and winners' announcement. Hope you'll be entering the new contest!

Sisky

Lanzer
Constipated Trillionaire
Want to mention a few things.

--ComtesseNicoleDeLancret, worlds suckiest vendor, and I Crafted the demonic backwings! emotion_awesome

--Thank you for fixing the caches, really has helped immensely! biggrin However, now that it's much easier to get the components you're looking for the formulas needed to craft stuff have become even harder to find. Wouldn't hurt to see a boost in supply of cases, or perhaps lowering the flower/trash/bugs down to 100 of each to craft them. Overall though, the cache fix was a big step in the right direction, thanks again!

--The final poses for the demonic backwings, nice having the three different large wing poses to choose from... but it sure would be nice if the medium and small wings were in there too ninja Could those possibly be added? Think it's fair considering what you have to go through to finish the quest xp

--Dernier*Cri items, the ones needed for the quest really need to be rotated through the shop more often, or even left in there all the time. I literally had to find a post from 2010 were someone had mention a smouldering helm to find a person that had one. I think it was fine not having certain Dernier*Cri items in the store for long periods of time before since they were not used for anything other than items to wear on your avatar. However, now that you're asking them to be used in the quest formulas I think you need to change how Dernier*Cri operates.

It's great to know that things had improved. I don't know about putting additional poses in the final backwing since they were meant to be different items, but I'll check into it. I'll check on the Dernier Cri items too, I'm sure that should be rotated properly.

Narumi Misuhara
Fractale
1: Are you going to bring some features or shops into Halloweentown, on the World Map, this year, in time for the Halloween event? It's the only town on the world map that doesn't have something in it!

2: Can we see more of Saiph and Hatsya?

3: Can we get a sequel to the Dark Reflection CI, soon?

4: Can we get more gold shop updates per month; at least updated half as frequently as the Cash shop; with more items?

1. As a standalone project, it's not planned. We may possibly use it for the Halloween event but we won't know that until we're closer to Halloween.

2. *shrug*

3. Don't know answer XD

4. Don't know answer XD

Lanzer
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Evening, staff.

I think the thread subscriptions page could use an update. Could you give users the ability to organize their subscribed threads using some kind of folder system?

Are you referring to features like putting threads in folders or sorting them? Feel free to leave us your suggestions and we'll look into it.

biglanky14
jonjon21428
Happy Monday AtA

1) The recycled zOMG! Easter Event was enjoyable, thanks for recycling it heart Is there plans to recycle Halloween as well, or maybe even Christmas events the Christmas event? My Grammar is terrible emo

2) Nice job in that alchemy update, is there plans for even further revisions?

3) Story Updates gonna continue today or sometime later this week?

4) Read my PM swarf 4laugh I believe you can find it on April 13, if you have trouble digging through your inbox.

5) If Lanzer is MIA, who will take his place?

Hi jonjon21428,

1) Possibly - I can't guarantee anything though.

2) Thanks - glad you like that. We definitely are looking at other options too, but want to give this one some time so that we can see the effects.

3) Soon smile And regularly (at least we hope)

4) I'll leave that to him.

5) For ATA, it's probably me. In general, he'd be really really tough to replace.

codemonkey37179
Young Master Seke
when you going to fix the add a friend thing in towns?

In the new towns you will be able to accept friends from the flash space. I know I reported last week that it would stay the same, but after a talk with Edy, we've decided to have it as it originally was. We can not fix it in the current towns, sorry.

Zero Omega
Crystal Sparda
Zero Omega
Lurking lurking lurking.

*lurks behind Zero* ninja
gonk

biglanky14
Platonix
I have a couple of Alchemy-related questions.

1) You've put all of the components that were only found in the Golden Giftbox into the new Cache bags. Will they still be findable in the Golden Giftbox as well? And will the Golden Giftbox's unique Formulae wind up in the Alchemist's Case too?

2) The Gaia community is currently aware of five Backwings Quest formula paths: Angelic, Demonic, Fallen, Risen, and Celestial. Are there any others waiting to be discovered? (keeping the question basic to increase my odds of getting an answer...)

Hi Platonix,

1) I don't believe we changed the Golden Giftbox at all, so you should still find the components there too (I'm pretty sure). The second part of your question I don't know.

2) I don't believe I'm allowed to answer that question either way smile

DARKNRGY
Miss Elizaveta Hungary
Sup everyone?
Has anyone else noticed a problem with receiving Gaia Cash? I've been doing a ton of offers but getting no payout!

Can you be more specific? Are you doing offers and not getting the GCash? It is specific offer providers or all of them?

Narumi Misuhara
Robotic pokemonfan
1.Will there be another Pie Hard?

2.Will you put the video thing back up?

1. Probably not

2. what video thing?

Zero Omega
Leader Clair
1. Will you ever get around to fixing the layering glitches?
2. Will the artists ever create more unisex items? Preferably unisex EI’s?
3. Is the achievement box up glitch going to be fixed?
4. Are the Rally achievements going to be fixed?
5. With the ignore list. Are you going to update it, so you can’t see ignored person’s threads and get notices when you are quoted/tipped by them?
6. Is the ‘Person belongs to more than one clan’ glitch being looked at?

5. I know we've thought about the ignore list in the past, however I don't think we've made any final decisions on it. I'm not the point person for this so I could have some outdated information. xd

biglanky14
Mashed Potato Jones
Hello Lanzer, Phoe, Sisky, Sandy, and of course...how can I forget Zero. How has the past week and weekend treated you guys? I hope things are well of course! I do have some thoughts though...

I was wondering my wonderful admins if we could look into a reorganization of the Barton Town forum structure to help with some of the clutter in one specific forum...the Barton OOC forum...where I feel there a lot of threads that get lost so easily there, and why so many don't even bother posting certain types of threads that should go there, and instead putting them in the Barton Town main forum. I feel also that the Barton OOC forum is kind of, for lack of a better term, the garbage bin of the Barton Town forum. If no active RP is going on in a thread, then it's moved there, so it's a conglomerate of OOC discussion, recruitment, profile, and RP searching threads. I would think two simple subforums would work wonders in helping to organize this corner of the Barton Town forums, and even cut down on some of the clutter found on the Barton Town main forum. Take for example, the Gaia Towns subforum in the Gaia Community Discussion forum family.

User Image

I would think the addition of two subforums to Barton OOC...one to hold your recruitment and RP searching threads...and another to keep profile threads to the side, would help to clear up some of the clutter that Barton OOC suffers from now, and perhaps would give a clearer idea of where a user should post that RP search thread that they end up posting in the Barton Town main forum. It's just a thought I was having, mostly was wondering if I could get some feedback on whether or not this was considered, or should be considered. I'd love some feed back.

Hi MPJ,

Can you shoot this over in a PM to Zero Omega? He'd be the best to answer that question, and he's unfortunately not feeling well today. Thanks!

codemonkey37179
x Karurie x
codemonkey37179
x Karurie x
Any hints to the Summer Event?
Can we have the Angelic/Demonic Imp's back?
What new games can we expect from Gaia?

I don't know anything about your second question, but as to the first and the last, the summer event will have a game element to it.

What I meant in the last question was what Games can we expect Gaia to join up with? Like what you guys did with OMGPOP.

There are not any plans at present. If the games do get made, I'll probably be the one writing them. It is certainly worth discussing since we are losing the other games. We won't have time to do it before Fall at any rate, as the Towns 2.0 is the priority at this point. That being said, I certainly would enjoy making them! So it is possible.

Narumi Misuhara
Devilish Cherub
when will the weird diedrich heads stop popping up? D:

I pushed a code change a few minutes ago that should have fixed it.

DARKNRGY
Leader Clair
1. Will you ever get around to fixing the layering glitches?
2. Will the artists ever create more unisex items? Preferably unisex EI’s?
3. Is the achievement box up glitch going to be fixed?
4. Are the Rally achievements going to be fixed?
5. With the ignore list. Are you going to update it, so you can’t see ignored person’s threads and get notices when you are quoted/tipped by them?
6. Is the ‘Person belongs to more than one clan’ glitch being looked at?

1. artists are continuously fixing layering bugs
2. dunno!
3. what is the achievement box up glitch? I can probably fix it.
4. no plans to work on rally atm
5. hmmm, interesting. We probably won't filter threads, but I can look into notices when I get a chance.
6. this is also ongoing. we periodically clear them out when we see them
DARKNRGY
Leader Clair

3. When you get a new achievement done, the box will automatically pop up, even when you have the 'Do not pop up again' box checked.

It works for me. Have you tried turning it on and then back off?

biglanky14
WideEyed
Hi Guys!
Happy Monday! smile
First off, I just want to say a big THANKS for both the Main Site Easter Event, and especially, for not only bringing Easter back to zOMG!, but for having it run concurrently with the Main Event.
When one considers the fact that zOMG! is in Maintenance Mode, I don’t think there’s anything more we could have asked for. blaugh

Now, on to business...
1) I just noticed that Fan Expo in Toronto is no longer listed as a stop on the Gaia Convention Tour! eek
Please tell me that this is just a glitch in the schedule! gonk
2) zOMG! Updates...are there any to offer with respect to glitches that are currently being worked on, and the potential automation of the Server Cycling process?
3) Based on the undeniable success of the z!Easter Event, is there any chance that we could see recycled versions of Halloween, and even (gasp)...Christmas? emotion_kirakira
I have always wanted to see the Barton Christmas Tree in its full glory, but, having arrived in the dying hours of 2009, I’ve only seen it when it was a shadow of its original self. (I’m guessing)
4) Two words....Gummy Diedrichs.
If Easter instilled any lasting impression in what was left of my brain after two weeks of incessant quoting and scanning for Diedrichs, it’s that those little guys would make excellent gummies.
Get your Marketing guys on that, would you? wink

And finally, while I did enjoy and appreciate the Easter Event in the Forum, is there any chance that future Events could avoid the whole “Bump/Quote” concept?
It really does turn the Forum into a massive Spam Fest, and makes it very hard to find anything that isn’t a Bump Thread.
IMHO, one of the best things about Events, is the chance to meet a lot of people that I might not meet otherwise as they set up their own unique Topics. I’ve run into some pretty amazing people in previous Events, but like MoonRise, Grunnygeddon spawned so many Bump Topics that finding the more unique ones was pretty much impossible.

Regardless, thanks again for Easter! Despite my complaint, I had a blast as always, and if anybody actually makes it through this WOT, thanks for that too! smile

Hi WideEyed,

Look for Gummi Diedrichs in your local grocer soon! (Or maybe not)

1) DJ Helsing would know best, but I do believe we had to take that off our list of stops sad
2) We're working on them, but they're taking a little longer than originally thought because we have one of the original zOMG devs on it, and he just had a child. That's pretty much mucked up his schedule (correctly, of course).
3) Maybe! I can't promise it, but that's the type of thing we'd like to at least do.
4) mmmmm

We're looking at how the whole Easter event went, since we tried several new concepts this year. If we do reuse the same concept, maybe we'd have a separate forum for Bunny-chasing threads and for "real" concepts.

Thanks for the feedback!
DJ Helsing
Currently we are not planning on attending Fan Expo in 2012.

Unfortunately there are so many conventions that we want to attend but sue to a number of factors we had to cut back the number that we can attend this year and unfortunately Fan Expo was one of them. But that doesn't mean that we wont be there next year!

Narumi Misuhara
Nushi Phab Ej
Is there gonna be a prom event this year?

Probably not

DARKNRGY
oMonstah
Hi again, guys!
So you've already confirmed you're going to somehow separate Monster Galaxy from facebook.. my question is, will the changes effect our current status in the game? I would hate to start again.

Also, why are there no wigs/body mods allowed for CrosStitch? Everyone loves those. 3nodding

Thanks!

I believe there will be a one-time migration where you can copy over your game data. I'm not clear on the details but that was the goal.

carbonphyber
Crystal Sparda
2. More of a question for carbon:
Why don't profile comments show at all when set to "minimal"?
I know the dev notice said super long comments would be reduced in size,
but even a simple "hi" isn't even shown when looking at comments on the profile.

I'll put this on my list for this week. The code for profiles has a bazillion variants since there are soooo many dynamic options. Sorry for the inconvenience.

biglanky14
One Who is Not Loved
Not sure if this was asked already or not, but...

Will the new shop, Mecha Neko, be staying around in the future?
Or was it just made exclusively for the FMA item because of the restrictions?
And, if it will be used, will it have only official anime sponsored items, or any kind of anime knock off items?

Hi One Who is Not Loved,

I'm actually not 100% sure what will happen with the shop. It might just be used for this, or maybe we'd find a use for it afterwards.

DJ Helsing
Kiwirar
DJ Helsing
Krissim Klaw
DJ Helsing
Hi everyone hope all is well.

I'll be lurking and responding to posts relating to me.

Do you at least take your DJ's off to wash behind your ears? emotion_puke

yes i do

What time do you do this and what kind of security do you have at your house? emotion_awesome

unfortunately thats privied information.

Zero Omega
x_l3RIANNA_x
I apologize if this is the wrong forum to be in right now, but a few months ago i had been hacked and i sent a message to gaia requesting help. where i was soon messaged by Xya; the Omni Moderator. But since i lost the information to access that email address i created a new one and asked if it was possible if she could send the new password to that email address.... But yet, its been nearly a month and i haven't heard back from her. what should i do... will i ever get my account back? Please Help Me heart

Could you send me a PM with some information relating to your case?

biglanky14
Demon Tacoo
Is it really hard to make items for Gaia users? Just wondering cause you guys seem to do it like its easy X3

Hi Demon Tacoo,

We've had a lot of practice smile

DJ Helsing
One Who is Not Loved
Not sure if this was asked already or not, but...

Will the new shop, Mecha Neko, be staying around in the future?
Or was it just made exclusively for the FMA item because of the restrictions?
And, if it will be used, will it have only official anime sponsored items, or any kind of anime knock off items?

We are currently workin with various companies to try to bring you more official anime branded items from your favorite anime series. Unfortunately some of the companies only have the legal right to distribute merchandise in the us. In these situations we will be using Mecha Neko to distribute them.

Zero Omega
Lyanda
1.Can you fix the gaia app?
I can't seem to log in on my account for it.

2. I bought items from a hacked account. I only knew about it after the trade was done. I have both items in my invo, but I really don't want to keep them. What will happen next? Will I get banned for this? D:

And thank you for the cross stitches contests results and the new one ^u^

2. We do not ban someone for receiving or buying hacked items if they were simply an innocent party to it. At the very worst (assuming you did not know about the items origins) you will have your trade pass temporarily disabled, we will contact you about it, and then remove the item or reverse the transaction.

biglanky14
petitefeet
I just wanted to swing through and say thanks for recycling the zOMG Easter event. heart

You're welcome!

codemonkey37179
Solemn Edelweiss
codemonkey37179
Solemn Edelweiss
Hello everyone.
Only one question really:
I've been having serious problems loading towns, earth day stage, rally, hollywood and all classic games.
No problem loading zOMG though.

I do have flash player installed and the trick about cleaning my history or cookies doesn't work 9 out of 10 times.

Is there something you could possibly do? There are a lot of people having this problem.

Hmm, that's strange! You don't a have an ad-block running do you?

Can you send me a link to how you are launching towns? Can you get to you house?

No, ad-block is disabled. And it's a first for me. been an active user for 4 years now, this is the first time this has happenned to me.
I load them either from the drop down menu or their tab.
doesn't make a difference.
it just says it's loading and then it fails to log to the server.

And are you able to get into your house?

DARKNRGY
hello toki
Could this be considered?

We would like to move towards a cart system in shops, but it's a pretty big task and is on the back burner for now.

DJ Helsing
SS2-SITH LORD
DJ Helsing

When is the next time Gaia will be in NYC?

October 2012 for New York Comic-Con

DJ Helsing
Dr Derange
emotion_awesome Is there anyone you know of that has a hoard of your Birthday donuts? I/m trying to get 2k of them I have about 500 on my mules? lol

hhee no sorry but best of luck!

DARKNRGY
WideEyed
DARKNRGY
Soky Hydeyasu
Good Evening admin

i Just had One Question , Why the New Shop is up only to US Users?

This is the way the contract was proposed. We have limited control over international sales when we're dealing with third parties. We would have much preferred for it to be open to all.

Does that mean then, that Mecha Neko will exist only as long as the contract for the FMA Item lasts, or is it to be a permanent fixture and eventually feature more U.S. only Items?

This I do not know surprised . Sorry! It is certainly possible that we would have to do geotargeting again.
DARKNRGY
WideEyed
Knowing what I know about copyright licensing regulation (absolutely nothing), I honestly appreciate that Gaia's hands are tied by the legalities involved, and I have no doubt that you would much rather make every Item available to every Gaian, for a number of reasons.

That being said, is there no way in which future "tie-in" releases could be negotiated with the rights holder for a broader release?
I can only speak to Canada, but I know Funimation markets their products here, and while the Canadian Marketing wing of Funimation may be a separate entity from the American wing, I'm sure they, and the representatives of every other market in which Funimation has an interest, would appreciate the opportunity to increase the visibility of their brand to an Anime hungry audience such as the one on Gaia.
I can live without the FMA Items to be honest, but if there were ever to be Bleach or Naruto Items released and I wasn't able to spend myself into oblivion buying them, I'm not quite sure how I'd deal.
All I can say for sure is that there would be harsh language, immediately followed by some pretty embarrassing tantrums.

My reputation in the Forums is in your hands. wink

Our goal is always to hit full international. Since I'm not involved in writing contracts I can't make any promises. The community response was studied, however, so I'm sure that will play in to future decision making.
DJ Helsing
You can always get the FMA items in the marketplace or get a friend to trade you one.

DJ Helsing
oTazi
Hello gaia admins and staff, I have 2 questions for you all.

o1. When will there be a gold shop update on the eyes and hair in Salon Durem?
o2. Will there ever be another raffle for Red Mini Devil wings, or anything like that?

to answer part of number 2.

In May we are planning on having a really awesome contest raffle so be sure to log in alot during the month of May smile But thats all i can say for now! you will know more around the 1st or 2nd smile

biglanky14
Ashlizzle
Hi Lanzer, hi Admit!!!
1; How do you guys feel about how the Easter event went?
2; Ok, ever since the Easter event ended I'll see a baby Dietrech on the site like it was during the event just bigger (about the size of my avi) and looks out of focus. When I click on it it says there was an error, the prize not meant for me, click here to return.
3; how come there was no announcement or storyline for the new anime shop?
4; How was your Youth Service Day/ Earth Day weekend?

Hi Ashlizzle,

1) We're extremely happy about it. We had a huge number of people participate, and while there are things we could tweak, it seems like most people really enjoyed it.

2) We're looking into that right now - obviously shouldn't be happening.

3) That was part of the Fullmetal Alchemist promotion that we announced.

4) It was good - I spent mine getting sunburned watching my wife do a half-marathon. How about you?

DARKNRGY
MissDotHacker
DARKNRGY
MissDotHacker
I was super excited to see the new store and the Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood items. I went to check out the shop and was told I cannot access it since I do not live in the United States. I do live in the US though and I have done previous US only sponsor things before. Other people are having the problem as well and a topic about it is in Bug Report Forum but none of us have heard any word on it.

Geotargeting is sometimes imprecise. We depend on a third party for the data which is updated regularly. I'll poke our operations department to make sure we're up to date.

Thank you DARKNRGY!

Follow these steps:

1. go to the page where you get the error
2. view the source of the page (control-u usually works)
3. search the source for "geo debug" (control-f to find)
4. you should see some debug information about your IP and your location. Send that to me on PM.

biglanky14
iKyo-Kun
He admins! you guys do a great job on here and I appreciate everything you do. I was just wondering if you could fix the animation preview for animated items in the marketplace, it doesn't work and if you do I would appreciate it, thanks! 3nodding

Hi iKyo-Kun,

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm not a dev myself, but I believe that's on the radar of our "fixers." Thanks for reminding us.

biglanky14
Karo Kiba
Greetings Gaia staff. I keep on having an issue with thread subscriptions. I have been getting notices about new posts for one of my subscribed threads, but when I click on the thread I see that there aren't any new posts. Could you please look into this? 'Cause this is really confusing the heck outta me. I mean, sometimes I'll click on the thread and there will actually be new posts. Other times there aren't any new posts.

Hi Karo Kiba,

If you haven't done so already, can you post about this in the Bug Reports forum? Our devs check the forum constantly, and it's a great way to get issues in front of them. Thanks!

biglanky14
tahpsfan
When will the " Gaia on the Go" app be fixed/ updated/ running? I've not been able to use it for about five days now, and so have quite a bit of other users.

Hi,

We're working on it as we speak - thanks for being patient with this.

DJ Helsing
Leader Clair
Soky Hydeyasu
Good Evening admin

i Just had One Question , Why the New Shop is up only to US Users?
Copyright laws. Since Funimation is licensed in only the US, only US citizens can spend RL money on them.

long story short yes!

DJ Helsing
Kuratenshi-sama
When will there be a convention in NYC or NJ?

October 2012 for NY Comic-Con

visit www.gaiaonline.com/conventions for more info!

DARKNRGY
ciel fei soleil
1. Will all items released on Gaia ever be put into the Inventory Search on the avatar page?
Some items like Heart X Mind and the Checkered Duet Jacket are missing.

2. Also, why are there huge Diedrich heads still floating around?

Right now the item search uses the Marketplace item search data, which was not originally designed a full item database. Until we can build a more comprehensive item database, this probably won't be fixed. Unfortunately, other stuff is taking priority for now.

siskataya
BridgeTrollolol
I want to know why I can't sell the items that I bought with gaia cash that I received by buying cash cards today, 4/23/12 30$ shouldn't have to wait since it didnt process through paypal

4/20/12 i bought with paypal and spent it. 25$ 7 day wait.

Heya BridgeTrollolol,

Thanks for the great billing question! It looks like you still had some of the original cash from your Paypal purchase in your account when you got the next cash from the cards. Unfortunately, when the two cashes merged into one big ol' pile of Gcash, the system considered it to be the Paypal cash and kept it frozen. D'oh! Sorry about that - it's an anti-fraud measure, but I know in cases like this, it's more of a pain than protective.

Not to worry, I've gone ahead and unfrozen the items you purchased today with the cash from the cards. This means you'll be free to sell the items on the market, give them away, etc.

Hope this helps! Please note that until the 7 days passes from the original Paypal purchase, the freeze might kick in unless all the cash is spent. If you have this issue again, please send us a billing ticket and let us know and we'll be happy to help you again.

Take care biggrin
Sisky

biglanky14
Ridley Starsmore
Howdy AtAers!

Three Questions this week:

One, is there a way the Alchemist's Case could be done like the Cache was, and pick formulas?

Two, Is there a reason D*C still rotates stock? Can't all those items go back in there? Seems like it'd make a better gold sink that way. Stuff it ALL back in and make it AWESOME.

Three, and you all know the drill..

Can i haz albino dander ears plox? emotion_kirakira

or donated 03's, which ever is less work. mrgreen

Hi Ridley,

1) That's on the list of things we're considering, although we want to give this change a little time so we can see the effect it's having overall.

2) Another thing we're checking on - thanks for the reminder.

3) NEVAH

codemonkey37179
The Second Choumaru
One last thing, on Ask the Admin how come it's mostly Ask the Mods and Developers?

We have some artists on here too, lurking about. Who else would you like to be here?

DJ Helsing
Makoto_Gin
DJ Helsing

I have a burning question for you my good sir!

Do you like tacos xd ? j/k

In all seriousness, and this has probably been asked before, are you an actual DJ or is it just part of the nickname? I'm I haven't been too active on the site like I used to and even though I know you make plenty of con appearances it is something I have wondered about.

yes i love tacos

yes i am a DJ although im kind of getting out of it. but i still dj in sacramento a few times a year

Lanzer
Kill Hybrid
I've been cleaning up my inventory and I was curious:

Will the mini-event loot from zOMG ever be used? Specifically, items like the Grucken Feather, Zen Charm, etc.

Wasn't sure since zOMG is in maintenance mode now.

Edit: Cool, guess we're back to ignoring questions.

Not functionally in the game, the closest things would be for them to be exchanged into other items. Though we'll still need to figure out the details.

biglanky14
Sefyrion
Recently, a lot of Gaians who still keep their advertisements running on the site (meaning, they either didn't disable via Gaia Cash or they haven't used Ad-Block or some similar program) have noticed issues with loading parts of Gaia.

Scripting errors have been abounding which is creating lag and accessibility issues and occasionally, the browser will crash itself out if the script is allowed to try to run to completion. It's been so bad for me, at least, that I have installed Ad-Block to temporarily disable the ads so I can browse the site without the site lagging out or pages crapping out or my browser itself crashing.

Not sure if this is on Gaia's side or on the advertisers' side or what, but could this issue be looked into, please? 3nodding

Also, there is the issue with the giant Diedrich heads popping up on the site, too, so could that be looked into as well? 3nodding

Please and thank you and excuse me if this was already brought up earlier! whee

Hi Sefyrion,

Thanks for the heads-up! The guys are looking at the Diedrich issue next to me as I type. As for the scripting errors, I think we got those cleaned up earlier today, although I could be wrong.

This is your captain speaking, we are about to encounter some turbulence. Please return to your seats and buckle up as we pass through the post transition.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff