Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
June 14th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

It's an exciting month for me because the world cup had already started. We have some TV setup to have the game streamed while we work. Also great to see the amount of traffic in the forums.

The new achievement system should be on its way so keep your eyes peeled. Let's get started!

Narumi Misuhara
Daxter2Smexcii360
Narumi Misuhara
styx_n_stones
[most of this post left out of quote]

3) any word on the Capcom raffle??, we don't know wether its been won, and we have soulbound
tickets in our inventories that we want to get rid of but cant, they cant even be moved into
storage due to being soulbound.

I've brought this to the attention of my team late last week. The raffle is over and the winner has already received their prize but we know many people out there, myself included, still have the dang tickets! We've added this to our projects list to get it taken care of, I won't lie at the moment it's low priority but rest assured we're keeping tabs on it and we'll get it fixed when we have the time to do so.

What Was The Prize

I believe it was a copy of the game.

Lanzer
styx_n_stones
Hiya Lanzer. Here's my questions for the week, sorry their a bit long.

1) Any word on when the flower/bug/paper exchange is going to be updated? we've been asking
for years for more things to do with them (and for other types) and yet...still nothing. Heres a couple of suggestions ive seen in the GCD (sorry, i cant remember what thread, but credit goes to the users that suggested them) How about the ability to make inks from them...you can do it in real life, so why not on Gaia, OR make a "flower sink" to remove them from the system, similar to an event we had, we donate them towards flowers for Gambino's funeral???

2) when are PM's & Comments going to be fixed on the mobile/cell/WAP site? They've been
disabled since a few weeks after it was launched. Also any word on when or even IF anything
is going to be done with the Wap site. Admittedly i dont use it often, but would if it was
updated....

3) any word on the Capcom raffle??, we don't know wether its been won, and we have soulbound
tickets in our inventories that we want to get rid of but cant, they cant even be moved into
storage due to being soulbound.

4) Theres a sticky in the Gaia Gaming forum that states referal links are NOT permitted
Sticky so does that also cover things like the Dragon
eggs & such things as they do reward users similar to what the sticky outlines.Clarification on this would be great.

5) Post Styles - can we please get an official response or rules put out towards Post styles (flobs) as some of the ones ive seen are huge & unnessesary, some even had video links in
them....and as theirs NO official set of rules concerning them, people are using them to
circumvent the signature rules (14 posts loading 100k images in signatures is nothing when
someones got about 10 400k gifs in a PS)

6) can we please have an option to turn OFF the "its your friends birthday" messages....currently they can only be turned off if the friend in question DOESNT have their birthdate shown on their profile, then it wont send....otherwise i know a lot of users have just put the NPC's on ignore and even then it doesnt always stop them

The item exchange is definitely something we want to fix and is on the list, and in the next two weeks or so we'll sum up a few things that we want to fix also. Hope to have that list shared with the rest of you guys as we're going through the process.

So for now the WAP site is not currently working because of a number of problems, but we wanted to have something more useful like an iPhone/iTouch version later. We'll make the announcement when we're sure what are the next steps.

The winners have been informed, and the tickets will be sellable. Sorry it takes a while for us to make the changes.

Technically the sites are not allowed, in the case where the feature is negatively impacting Gaians then I'm sure mods will take action.

Moving on to the next message as I only have time for 3 questions per Gaian...

Lanzer
Mistress Gambino
Happy Monday, Lanzer! Would you like any souvenirs from the Mall of America? 8D
It's the least I could do since I feel like I'm abusing you this week or something, sorry!

Noteworthy links:
Gambino dA Group | Gino Formspring | Gambino Formspring | Bucho Formspring | Edmund formspring

Questions!

1) There was, until quite recently [Saturday] a glitch that allowed users to turn the base of their avatars invisible. There was great fun had with this glitch, to the point where some of us realized that, hey, Gaia should make this legit so we can stop breaking the law. The petition for some sort of invisibility potion, skin, etc. can be found here. I would like to share with you the fact that since the invisibility glitch was fixed, that petition received 50 signatures. That's in just two days. Thank you to Free Epiphany for linking to me when you discovered it'd been fixed, and thanks also to those of you who threw a banner in your signatures. Aside from the fact that invisitars are using a glitch, we aren't doing anything else against the rules. We don't have inappropriate parts exposed, we aren't gaining anything except a new level of avatar creativity that quite a few of us feel should be available to the masses. I 100% understand the need to fix a glitch, but now that it's fixed I feel it's even more important to strive for this cause and make invisibility an option once again.
The point of this is:
How possible would a legitimate way to become invisible be? Whether a skin, a potion, or even a pose in a CI item, has this been discussed? Am I pretty? ;P

2) Do you play CIs when they're released? Which one yielded your favorite site header?

3) Are Logan and Agatha married or was Mirai one of the last things they accomplished together?

4) I've heard rumors of Agatha and Edmund having something of a history; can you confirm this?

I think that's a cool idea. Don't know exactly how that would work with other features like zOMG or other features, but will definitely look into that some more.

I only got time to play with a few CI's here and there. One of the main reasons why I'm still wearing old clothes!

That's definitely a no

Edmund's been around, so I'm in no position to say yes or no. :O

Lanzer
J 4 C K
Been wondering about a few things for a while..

The world map: Why was it abandoned? It was a great plot tool.
Why do shopkeepers give you the Jack set directly? What ever happened to searching for Jack himself?
What would happen if someone just... Showed up at Gaia HQ? Would the be booted out because of the secrets? Ignored?

That's a great question. I was just talking about how I'd like Gaia to have the presence of our world back, it's really difficult to find out that there's Barton and the 4 towns. So either the world map or something that's new, I'll try to put that aspect back in the near future.

Well we don't have guided tours right now and I can't imagine anyone of us stopping what we're doing to show people around if anyone would show up and say hi. biggrin We started with inviting mods to the Gaia HQ and we might extend that to other Gaians in time.

Lanzer
Okage-chan
Hey Lanzer, I've only got one quick question this week.

Are we going to have any more(?) Touhou themed parody items?

Thanks~!

I don't think so, unless there are more petitions or requests.

Narumi Misuhara
I'm going to cut out of ATA early. I Hope everyone has a good evening...night...morning...day....whatever is appropriate for whatever part of the world you're all in. smile

Bye!

Lanzer
seductive pheromones
happy monday lanzer, i hope ur weekend was as good as mines.

here are my questions for monday

1. what is going on with the winged handkerchief and will those who brought a 7-11 card the day of the announcement (like me) get the item?

2. why havent the mana seed evolved on saturday? i though it would evolve everyday until june 18th

3. since the current CI leaving the the cashop this week, when can we expect the release of the next CL?

So as long as you redeem the card after the announcement, you will be getting the item.

It actually did evolve, just later on that day, from what I've heard.

Not this week, probably next week or so.

Lanzer
Princess-Orphelia
Good Morning Lanzer, and everyone.

I only have one question today.

It's to do with sending out Guild invites and how
it shows everyone of those people that are invited as online.
Even though technically they're not, but magically they are.
I've started a thread in the bugs forum if you'd like to take a look.
Just thought I'd let you know about this. sweatdrop

Can I also have a hug please? gonk

Guild invites and friends online status

Sounds like there is a bug with the status, I'll look into that so it'll get fixed soon.

*hugs*

Lanzer
Black McCloud
Lanzer I have a few problems about gaia.

1. A lot of the gaia items have raised and price
2. It is very hard to make more then a thousand gold
3. You should consider letting the gaia grant back
4. you should change gaia back to its 2004 setup.
5. you should decrease the prices of all marketplace items so some of the poor people on gaia can make gold.

The problem really points to a high inflation that had happened in the past few months. In response to that we're going to make some pretty drastic change to make it so that the inflation would stop. Though what comes after that is the question of how do we keep the price of items down, and that is a much, much tougher problem to solve. Do note that it's on the top of my mind right now and I'll continue to find a solution so that everyone can start to afford items on Gaia at a reasonable price.

Lanzer
BlinkingBlah
What happened to getting drop items specifically made for each fish? It has been a really while since received new fish specific drop items.

Sorry for the lack of support, as there will be new items but more in the realm of the new game that will soon to be released. It's hard for me to promise updates on everything while creating new games and content. The older features will get their refreshes but will take some time.

Lanzer
winrii-chan4ever
Hey Lanzer! Here are my questions..because I'm bored.
1.) How do you become a forum assistant?
2.) Is any of the items going to evolve next week? If so, which ones.
3.) What are some cool ideas they're thinking of putting on Gaia, if you can tell us.

There are submissions for applying which is held every few months.

I don't have the schedule at hand, but I think the EI report announcement is the only place to check.

Aside from the achievement system and Tiles game, the summer event is coming close to launch

Lanzer
AKAMKM
Hello Lanzer and Devs!

Questions:

1. This week, I only have 1 question! In the near or distant future, will there ever be an "ATA LIVE"? Like at conventions, except you and the other Gaia staff members are answering our questions live on a webcam instead of typing them out? I do not mind having questions typed out or anything like that D:, but I think it would be cool to see your reaction and the Gaia staffs' reactions to users' questions. : D

EDIT: 2. Well, another question, I guess! : O Has there been a confirmed date on what day the summer event will be on yet? : D

Oh, and Lanzer, if you did not read my previous post from last week, here it is again!:
AKAMKM
Hello, Lanzer and Devs! : D

Lanzer, you do not have to answer this if you do not wish to, but I just wanted to thank you for your advice! : D Do you remember the week when you gave your advice to a Gaia user on what brand of computer and/or laptop they should get? Well, I could not attend the AtA that week, but during that week, my mom was doing her research on laptops. So... I took your advice and guess what my mom bought? : D An ASUS! Since Best Buy was clearing out their older laptops for their newer models they were going to get in stock soon, she bought a Notebook U50 ASUS on clearance! The laptop was under $550 and it is brown! It's an i3 as well! I hope the laptop works very well and my mom says she is very excited about her new ASUS! ^^

In other words, this week, I do not have any questions to ask. sweatdrop Thank you so much again, Lanzer! C:

Following that post, my mom wanted to thank you again for the computer advice you gave to a user! She loves her new ASUS and I love it as well! : D So, thank you so much again for the advice!

Thank you so much! ^^

During ATA I am either in a meeting or running around Gaia HQ getting answers to things or bugging people to fix problems that were mentioned, so I don't know how a live version would work out. Maybe I can put on a helmet camera as I run around. biggrin

Have a great weekend everyone, don't forget to watch the world cup! :O

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
June 21st

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

How do you like the new achievement system? It's exciting to now have the possibility of having much more long term quests and prizes as achievements in the future.

Let's start this week's ATA!

DJ Helsing
Specter Renegade
Lanzer

Will there be a Dark Kitten Star?

Can you have more Summer Events than Last year?

Could we have more Free Item give-aways?

Can we have more adding NPCs as friends grants?

If you go to any of the Gaia offline events this year we are doing a ton of cool free item giveaways.

Not only do all attendees recieve gold and a exclusive item but were giving out millions of gold worth of items on top of that to lucky winners!

So thats one way to get free items smile

DJ Helsing
King Spellcaster
Please show a little more support to zOMG!. It could be a great success for your company if it had the necessary resources. I know not every user here likes the game but that could change if it was given the attention it needs and it could even benefit the company in terms of making money if you guys would focus on it.

I don't know if you have attended any of the Gaia offline events this year but were showing some cool sneak peeks at new rings, npc,s, monsters, map, zone, and an awesome new challenge arena!

But i don't want to spoil the specifics. Check out a offline event or watch a live web cast to check out the sneak peeks!

Lanzer
Mistress Gambino
Happy Monday, Lanzer! Hope you had a good three-day weekend last week! O:

Questions!

1) When will we see an update on the Peyo situation? Are you Peyo's father?

2) How's the summer event coming along?

3) You said earlier that the current storyline would be running independant of events; is this still the case?

4) Any bites on bios yet? O: Any artists reading this, you know you want to do character bios! You do, I promise!

Not anytime soon unfortunately, he's not part of the cast of the current story, but he'll get his turn.

Summer even is going great, we're putting it through testing right now.

Yes, we're still trying to push for more story updates between events, meanwhile, there will still be the supporting manga for holiday events, especially for bigger events like Halloween and Christmas.

Sorry, no updates yet. sweatdrop

Lanzer
Kestin Sha
Hiya Lanzer! Remember me? This is the first time I've remembered to attend AtA since they started showing "Avatar: The Last Airbender" during this time... xd

-Are the more difficult achievements (e.g. Megathread) supposed to be retroactive like Forum Dabbler? There are people with large threads (or 100 quotes, etc.) who are hoping their past efforts won't go to waste...
-Can you please add an option to delete our own comments on other people's profiles?
-How come we can't achieve any achievements that aren't on our "try these" list? (Like how getting a topic with 50 posts is useless if you started the thread before the "opportunity" shows up in the list.)
-Why can't we have the option to friend ourselves? sad
-Qixter SDPlus doll?
-Was the true arsonist of H2K5 ever revealed?
-Are there any tropers among staff? ninja
-How old is Peyo supposed to be, anyway?
-Can we have customized layering?

We're trying our best with retroactive achievements. Some such as post counts are easily made retroactive, but others are actually really hard to do. Writing a code to go through millions of threads to see which ones have more than 100 quotes, etc are actually really hard to do. We'll do what we can but can't guarantee which specific ones we can go back on. Sorry.

Will look into that feature.

Some achievements are considered as "easier" than others and have dependencies as part of the gameplay challange to the system. It makes less sense for veterans than newer Gaians, but making exceptions to the rule is just really hard to do at this point.

Because the joke "I'm my best friend" doesn't work for everyone. smile

Maybe later

Don't think so...

Yeah, we have a few here and there.

About 9 years old.

Eventually, in a new avatar re-write.

Lanzer
RagWeedFairy
Hey Lanzer, yes I love the new achievement system, its fun to play. Here are my questions this week:
1. Can you please confirm for me that there will be no prom this year?
2. Who is Peyo's father? Just one little hint? The suspense is killing me XD
3. Will the new CI come out this week or the following one?
Thanks!

We tried building for one but couldn't find the time, so there will be no prom for this year.

No hints today, sorry.

I hoping for this week but no promises...

Lanzer

Thanks and be sure to share your ideas with us! We're gonna kick some butt!

Lanzer
Divine Waters
Hello, Lanzer and all!

My only question for this week; Will the glitches for the Achievements be fixed soon?

Yes Darknrgy and his teammates are devoting the time in bug fixing Achievements before releasing it outside of Gaia Labs.

Lanzer
Kazuma Ishimaru
Hey there Mr. Lanzer:

Well it's looking to be another fun monday, best to get started on the questions.

Question the First: While browsing Gaia, I tend to come across the "Yes or No" questions for deleting things and with them comes little emotes. The thing is, we don't actually have those to use in posts. They've been around long enough, but are there any plans to add them to our repertoire for posting?
The Second Question: Recently the newest evolving item, the Mana Seed, completed it's "rapid" evolution. Are more rapid EIs to come?
Third Question: What are your feelings on a robot uprising in Gaia? :3
Or some story-line to deal with the robots that have been locked away in Aekea?

That's an interesting question. We actually haven't had an emote update for a long time. I hope that we'll have a little event and add something new.

I believe so, it really depends how many Gaians like the idea. So far it looks positive.

I always like the idea of robots vs humans, but Bildeau don't have the heart for it. (excuse my terrible pun) We'll keep the option open. smile

Lanzer
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Hey Lanzer. Any chance of getting the long rumored Guild halls?

I have a Petition going that shows what we'd like to see. My Gaia Updates and Guilds Petition

I'd like to get Cart Raider fixed as well.

Yes guild hall is still something we'd love to have after some core improvements to the Guild system. Guild remains to be my favorite feature on Gaia.

Lanzer
Platonix
Your opening post describes Achievements as a sort of quest system. Does that mean we might end up getting Angel and Demon Wings as rewards from Achievements?

I wish Cart Raider actually worked right. I've earned it several times and still don't have it.

Also, hooray for Peyo's adorable new pet Piyo! 4laugh

You definitely caught my drift. Yes, it's very likely that something like the long awaited back wings quests would come out of the Achievements system. But first, we still need to debug the code!

Lanzer
BlinkingBlah
Lanzer
Sorry for the lack of support, as there will be new items but more in the realm of the new game that will soon to be released. It's hard for me to promise updates on everything while creating new games and content. The older features will get their refreshes but will take some time.
BlinkingBlah
What happened to getting drop items specifically made for each fish? It has been a really long while since received new fish specific drop items.

This is the answer I got from you last week Lanzer. Is this going to be an on going trend? It has already happened with Towns and Fishing and even the Jigsaw at one point. How sure are we gonna be that this new feature that you are coming out with is going to last more than a few months before you get tired of it and move on to your next shiny toy? Why can't you instead take care of your old playthings and make sure they are up to snuff before you go and release something else that is probably going to get all bugged up and unable to use after a few months and added to the graveyard of games that should be reworked on one day?

A lot of time the balance between old and new feature is that the new feature in this case is built by outside contractor while our staff is looking at fixing Fishing. We strive to keep the balance and the big challenge for us is to move faster. We'll announce when the bug fixes for Fishing is released, and there is a group dedicated in fixing Towns as we speak. You're right that we can't just focus on new stuff, and we hear you.

Lanzer
styx_n_stones
Hi Lanzer. the achievemnt Systems great, although glitchy, some are not awarding (although i have found a workaround.....simply deactivate, wait a few minutes & reactivate it....it usually catches up within 24 hours....worked for me)

Heres my questions for this week. sorry. i did have 2 ready...but another 2 were unanswered from last week only the 1st 3 are important enough for me

1) In last weeks AtA, when asked about updating/fixing the WAP/Mobile site, you said this
Lanzer
So for now the WAP site is not currently working because of a number of problems, but we wanted to have something more useful like an iPhone/iTouch version later. We'll make the announcement when we're sure what are the next steps.
Does that mean your abandoning the WAP site (or even putting it on the back-burner) because an idevice app would be more important?? The reason i ask is because the majority of users don't have an idevice (some don't want one) and yet it seems that those users that do (a minority) get priority. Sorry but why concentrate on something only a few can use, when you should look at what EVERYONE can use. Also why just the idevices?? why not apps for the Blackberry or Android system....why are Apple customers more important.

2) Can someone clarify a point. with the "please come back to Gaia...We'll give you 5k" emails that get sent to entice users that havent logged on for a while, theres a link inside that grants the 5k. is this supposed to be public, because users are posting it publically & freely....surely this is against the rules as its technically exploiting the system. as the emails are sent to inactive accounts only. so would it be right to report users publically & freely posting the link as it wasnt intended for users?

3) Post Styles - can we please get an official response or rules put out towards Post styles (flobs) as some of the ones ive seen are huge & unnessesary, some even had video links in
them....and as theirs NO official set of rules concerning them, people are using them to
circumvent the signature rules (14 posts loading 100k images in signatures is nothing when
someones got about 10 400k gifs in a PS)

4) can we please have an option to turn OFF the "its your friends birthday" messages....currently they can only be turned off if the friend in question DOESNT have their birthdate shown on their profile, then it wont send....otherwise i know a lot of users have just put the NPC's on ignore and even then it doesnt always stop them

The lack of WAP support was mainly due to the amount of feature we could implement and the amount of users using it. With the resources we've got, the question really comes down to which platform should we develop for first and foremost. If we wish to be politically correct and support all platform at the same time, then we will need to remove programmers from working on other features such as arenas or guild re-writes, or maybe bug fixing Fishing or Towns, etc. Everything comes with a cost of us not working on something else. So while it makes sense for us to support all platforms, when we zoom back in looking at what we should work on for the entire site, we go back to asking "how many number of Gaians will be happy with us working on this?" and decide what to work on next.

Those links doesn't work if posted in public because they're tied to the user ID. The idea was really for the new users to not get discouraged for not earning enough gold due to the learning curve and inflation. If otherwise then it's a bug we'll need to fix right away. :O

Post styles is something we'll need to address soon, but for now we're focusing on inflation issues. We've heard of many complaints about it and will decide what is the right set of rules to apply to post styles.

That notification will eventually be placed under the notification system so users can turn it off. Sorry for the delay.

Lanzer
ROMVLVS
Hey Lanzer, I noticed that last week you mentioned being excited about the World Cup, what teams are the favorite in the office?

Also, why isn't the summer event towns versus towns soccer? If it actually is, awesome.

What is your opinion on bringing Flynn back to run a Dernier*Cri Outlet store? Or like a 100k-1mil gold shop?

Most of us spread our favorites over the European teams, while some really don't like the French because they're not playing well this year. My personal favorite is still the Brazil team because they played so well back 8 years ago. I hoped to see that magic back this year but looks like it won't happen. sad

Oh yes, soccer balls... I should ask about that. smile

It's true that Flynn currently don't have a home, well if enough fans ask for her, we'll definitely do something.

Lanzer
LiXKuja
How the manga coming along? When should we see the next one come out?
The world section need to be updated, when will that happen in the future?
Will we see flynn soon?
any plans on rosalie (i believe is her name) making a reappearance? a angel maybe?

The manga's progress is a little slower than we like, but we're working on it.

I think that one of the biggest confusion about Gaia is the lack of the world map and the concept that we have towns and places that the NPC to belong to. It might not come in the form of a world section update but we'll have an emphasis placed on the Gaia world in the future.

I don't have any info about the other characters making their ways to the storylines right now, perhaps some petitions would help.

Thank you for joining us on today's ATA thread. Hope to see you all next week and don't forget to give your feedback about the achievement system!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
June 28th

Lanzer
Hello everyone,

With the house cleaning, Anime Expo coming up and the changes we're making around Booty Grab, it's going to be quite a week for us. Hope that you guys have plans for what to do in the long weekend coming up. We're also working hard on getting the summer event ready, so be on the look out for announcements related to the event later.

Any questions, especially ones related to today's site changes, please send them my way.

Lanzer
Specter Renegade
Admins,Devs:

Can we have big events online?
Will the camps come back for this year?
Can we have a hint of what we can use the Achievements for?
Could we have a raffle online?
More will be coming later,if can.
Also Dolphinmania was helpful to most users.
Do you think it was good to shut it down?
Thanks if you answer!

Ones bigger than summer or Halloween event? Hard to imagine us topping those but I'm open to ideas.

Not this year, it's not an olympic type game this time.

Achievements is mainly for status, but at the same time, the status will open up to new parts of the site potentially, from forum areas to parts in Gaia Towns, for example. Achievements also allow us to grant really cool items when you achieve them.

We've have raffles before, and we'll have more lotteries, and some real life prize give aways for sure.

DolphinMania is definitely helpful for the game of Booty Grab, if not for the un-intended consequences of the high gold pay-out and inflation problems then we wouldn't need to make such drastic changes.

Lanzer
Queen-of-the-Rogue
With the new Spring Cleaning and possible updates to Guilds is it possible we'll be able to get Guild Announcements in their own bubble again? A lot of users would like that as has been seen in multiple threads and petitions such as mine My Gaia and Guild Updates.

Also is there any chance of the buggy notices being fixed? Half the time I don't get alerts for my subscribed threads except when I log in.

That's definitely one of the changes we're looking at, even though it technically isn't considered as a bug fix, so to speak.

Other bugs are being addressed, even when they're not mentioned in the spring cleaning.

Lanzer
styx_n_stones
Hi Lanzer.. Im looking froward to the summer event, hopefully itll be a blast

Question one) With the closure of the Dolphinmania site & the announcement made in the Aquarium forum stating that using sites that basically bypass the forum & link direct to the tanks (aggregate sites) is not permitted, 2 questions come to mind.

1) does this mean that any other aggregate sites have to be shut?

2) even if they are shut or not, but other sites pop up, how would you deal wth users using them? is it (or going to be) a bannable offense & how would you be able to determine if people are using those sites? as either via the Aquarium forum or via aggregate sites, they both do the same thing, open the tanks via the same link.

Question two) Can we please have sets of rules published concerning Flobs & post styles, and also for using Youtube videos. theres been a few occasions where they have been so large its distracting....and as for youtube videos, people have been posting them in signatures & when told they are not allowed to, all that comes back is "well it doesnt state anywhere in the ToS / R&G that we cant...so i will put them there if i want to"

The main site had always been DolphinMania and we just wanted to be fair to them with the heads up mainly because the amount of time that was put towards building the site and the community as the first to be there. Any other outside aggregation services should no longer work technically because of some changes we're making to Booty Grab. Any chance we can get a hold of the other sites owners we'll talk to them also. Hope that answer both questions.

Yes there will be more rules around the use of post styles and videos separately. We'd like to ask everyone to be courteous to fellow Gaians and don't do what themselves would otherwise consider as distracting. In time we'll have much more concrete rules setup.

Lanzer
M a x s A n j o
Helloo Lanzer.

My questions for this weeks AtA are:

1.I'm currently in Casper WY and I've been to loads of stores but I cannot find gaia cash cards. Are gaia cash cards not available in Casper?

2.Can I buy any other cash cards and use them for gaia? Ex: UlimateGameCard

3.Will the summer event be coming out any time soon?

Thanks Lanzer.

They should be. One problem with 7-11 is that Gaia cards are not at every store, and the same goes for Walmart. Other stores should have less of this problem, and we might be available at GameStop in the near future.

Sorry but no other cards work with Gaia at this moment.

Yes pretty soon, but no solid date yet.

Lanzer
Uncle Haijin
If Labtech X and Zhivago got into a fight, who would win?

Oh that's similar to the ninja vs pirate, or Team Edward vs Team Jacob type of question. I believe in science so I can't see Labtech losing. biggrin

DJ Helsing
Finkthenetwork
Are there any plans to rework Booty Grab so that users will still be able to get gold, yet there will be a decreased inflation within the marketplace.

(That question might already have a answer.)

Also, is there any news on the games that was said to be coming out soon?

And, is there any word on a rough date of when the summer event will come out?

Will we ever find out who Peyo's father is?

And lastly, will the new NPC in the lastest manga be involved in a new shop, the summer event or ZOMG?

with regards to the games that are c oming out soon, Tiles is really close to completion as well as dumpster dive, were just working out a few kinks!

Narumi Misuhara
Zay-roh
Hullo everyone!

Questions:
1. Summer Event any hints on it? Will it be more awesome then last summer event? Plus will we have teams again?

The summer event is weeks away, how many weeks I can not say.

What it's about you already know, we had an event that told you so.

Any more details I can not give, but you never know where leaks may live.

DJ Helsing
Lanzer
Love Camel
Do you think there has been a decrease or increase in user/staff relations onsite in compared to previous years?

In my eyes there are more, from DJ Helsing helping out on the fan page, Admin setting up the Gaia blog, to us admins managing our own blogs, we reach out more than ever before. I do notice that we're less active in Site Feedback however, don't know if that's directly related to the fact that we're focused on the other feeds and features or are we just getting swampped with work.

In addition were attending more conventions as well as hosting more events like meet ups, variety hours and feedback socials where we directly work with you guys to get your feedback in real time!

DJ Helsing
Lady Kayura
Do we have a release date for Gaia Tiles?

were working out a few small kinks then we will be releasing it.

It all depends on how long it takes for us to finish fixing those few issues!

Narumi Misuhara
Magnificent Moonbeam
Oh, hey, Narumi. Long time no talk, how are you?

Good! I've been having a lot of fun doing the achievements. biggrin

Lanzer
Finkthenetwork
Are there any plans to rework Booty Grab so that users will still be able to get gold, yet there will be a decreased inflation within the marketplace.

(That question might already have a answer.)

Also, is there any news on the games that was said to be coming out soon?

And, is there any word on a rough date of when the summer event will come out?

Will we ever find out who Peyo's father is?

And lastly, will the new NPC in the lastest manga be involved in a new shop, the summer event or ZOMG?

Yes there might be other changes that will be done, but we need to be reasonable with the amount of gold given out. Simply put, the faster we give out gold, the faster the inflation. So it's a balancing act that we're trying to do every step along the way.

Sorry I don't have great news as of a set date for everyone for the upcoming games and summer event. We're at the stage of fixing the obvious bugs before release.

Definitely, it'll be a story all by itself. smile

Narumi Misuhara
Specter Renegade
And does any Gaia staff donate to any
regular members?

Sometimes ...do I? ...No
Specter Renegade
Also do you guys sometimes act childish?

Never... We are very serious people.
Specter Renegade
Also give me my cookie back.
It's my chocolate chip cookie.

No! My cookie ....all mine!

Lanzer
ToxicPhobia
~Whatever happened to Gaia Housing? Has it been replaced by zOMG!, or is it just on the to do list? I heard somewhere that the entire housing system would have to be completely re-written because it was originally made using Shockwave, which is no longer supported or something. If this is the case, are there any plans to reformat housing? When can we expect to see updates (if any) to housing?

Also, when's the summer event going to start? I've heard it's going to be awesome, so I'm super excited. whee ~

We need to fix housing, after fishing and after puzzle, many of the small fixes and chages are coming up and housing will follow later. Yes zOMG does get more love at the very moment but we do want to fix housing definitely. The new housing will be in Flash.

Lanzer
Kestin Sha
Whoa, I forgot it was Monday. Again. ._. I need to work on that. Time to ad-lib myself up a list of questions!

-What happened to Pink Links?
-I had a dream that you guys over at HQ needed 20,000 nachos to bring back Gambino. Is this true?
-Can I have your shoes?
-Is the summer event going to connect to the large-scale plotline?
-Do you still have an economist on staff?

Pink Links were gone along with one of the past site re-designs. From this point on we'll have other types of rare prizes such as stuff we slip into daily chance.

No but I don't know if that is enough nachos. smile

No! They stink! smile

The summer event definitely has a connection. it'll become apparent when it begin, but it's not a really big influence on the story

Yes we do. Sagger was once a PhD student but had now graduated. He remains to be our economist.

Lanzer
DJ Pandurz
Hey I was wondering if Guilds will be able to have a delete subforum button? That'd be great.

Surprised that the feature is not there... will check up on that pretty soon.

Lanzer
Magnificent Moonbeam
Hello everyone.
Lanzer I only have a couple of questions.

1. With the summer event well underway, how is that going?
2. Will there be a gold shop where the price range will be up to about 100k soon?
3. Mind if I guess in the summer event being somewhat part of the plot with an airship battle? Let me know if I guess wrong. I am going to take a bath soon but I'll be back before this AtA is over.

A bit of a delay, but we're coming close

Not right now, we do have a gold shop with high priced items but otherwise we do want regular users to be able to afford items, so prices tend to be on the lower end.

That's a good guess. I hope that it comes out soon!

Lanzer
Blippeh
when can we expect some new achievements?

Not right now because we're busy fixing bugs. Once that is done, more and more achievements will be released.

Lanzer
happysugarhunny
Hi there!
Uhm I have one question to ask {mainly cause a couple of my friends are chickens and told me to ask it =.="}
Are there going to be any items/events related to the Fifa thing that is occuring in South Africa{?} currently? {The soccer/football thing}

Vuvuzelas anyone?

Speaking of soccer, a lot of us are having a lot of fun watching the games during lunch and waking up early to catch the matches. Hope it continue to grow in popularity in the US.

As next Monday is a holiday for Gaia HQ, I might not be hosting ATA next week. So have a great 4th of July weekend everyone, and get plenty of fireworks! Too bad we can't get fire crackers here. Used to have so much fun blowing things up when I get to buy them. smile See you in two weeks.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
July 12th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

Hope everyone had a great long weekend last week. We had a great time at Anime Expo as we got to see many Gaians yet again. Then last week was the World Cup finals which had been a big spectacle for myself. It's been great.

For the past two weeks we've been spending a lot of time fixing bugs and glitches on Gaia, and many of those changes will be happening in the coming few weeks after things had been properly tested (even fixes need to be tested so that they don't cause other bugs!).

Lanzer
Dlen Isolde
(EDIT: I CANNOT believe I got not only on the front page, but got first post after Lanzer! eek )

I have only ONE question tonight. Though it is probably more of a suggestion.

People keep saying they used sites like Dolphinmania because everyone's tanks showing up in forums lag their computers immensely. Since that site and any others like it are no longer allowed, then we need a way to cut down on the lag issue aquariums cause in forums.

Why not create a new, additional signature setting for showing Aquariums, only with a static image? One without the Flash animated aquarium?

I’ve created a thread in the SF discussing this possibility. There are a lot of good suggestions in there.

Booty Grab sig/forum lag resolution suggestion

And also one in the Spring Cleaning Proposal forum. (Though it was too late to get any responses, it is better written.)

Add 2nd Aquarium sig setting reduce lag in Forums [PROPOSAL]

Basically, what we’re suggesting is have an alternative signature besides the familiar flash animated aquarium.

It would have both a banner that would tell us if a tank is glowing or not, “Play Booty Grab”, AND a static image of the tank taken by Barrett after the last fish change to an aquarium, plus all the regular info our current Aq. siggy has.

I found out there IS already a script that creates this very sort of button for an alternative aquarium siggy.
So it is possible to make. The information is in both of my threads.

Doing this would cut down the lag for those who need it. Yet people would still need to visit the forums to find them.

Hi, the suggestion is great and it's one of those things that we've tried to do in the past. I don't have the answer as to why we're not doing it today but I'll keep digging into it and find out why.

Thank you for the other suggestion also. Booty grab is still one of the top activities on Gaia and we'll continue working on making it better.

Lanzer
DJ Pandurz
My AtA questions are....

Hey Lanzer, I'm having a swell day, how bout you?
Well today I have some questions that really need
to be answered.

1. Will housing EVER get a Update? It feels like
forever since they had one.

2. During the Spring Cleaning, I did not see much
change in the guilds. Is there a chance that we can
get our Guild Announcements back to where they were, get
a REMOVE SUBFORUM button, and have more ways to dispense
our guild account in more use?

3. Also, would you recommend this game to the devs
because everyone in the site feedback seems to like it.

4. Will comments go back in the header bubble?

And Lastly:

5. Will there be any updates to Gambino Casino?

~WOOHOO 2nd~!

Yes, it's a concern shared with many of us and we're definitely going to address it.

Guild is slated for a re-write so there isn't a lot of concern in fixing problems.

I'll pass the suggestion on. As for the casino, there isn't a new game yet but I'll continue to push for new item updates.

Lanzer
Highpass
Hi, Lanzer

I was wondering, is this site accurate in saying Gaia is hiring? I ask because I applied about a month ago and haven't heard anything back yet. I'm reasonably sure I'm well-qualified, too (I've even written some fixes for Gaia, via Greasemonkey).

We're hiring intern positions mostly and a few positions are open for full time. Unfortunately we can't respond to everyone who applied but please be patient with us.

DJ Helsing
Saintsaholic
Hey Everyone.

My Questions are...
1.) With the summer event coming close, will it be organized as town vs. town, a new team vs. team set-up, or no competition at all?
2.) As Spring Cleaning is over, when will we see these new features being released?
3.) Any new information regarding the new Jigsaw puzzles and the soon-to-be-game Dumpster Diving?

with regards to dumpster dive were finishing up the coding as we speak and are hoping to get it out to testing in the next week or two so its coming along very soon

Lanzer
Magnificent Moonbeam
Hello, Lanzer. I've been well. I've got a couple of questions, majority are recolor-related, so forgive me.

1. Will there ever be a black kitten star? will it be affordable?

2. Will there be a pink recolor for both the Valhalla armors and Vocal Headphones? Especially the Valhalla's with the other neglected colors like a mint version, purple, red, etc.

3. Since the Happy Melody seems to be a pretty popular item now, will there be a version with a side ponytail like Akita Neru or some mroe with the hairstyles for like Yowane Haku's to be gaia items soon?

4.Will the layering issue with the Wind Security Blanket be fixed? The same applies with the de-equipping a set of headphones with a hat.

So here they are... sweatdrop This is kinda rare because a couple of friends wanted me to ask them.

No plans so far, but I don't know how much I can speak for the artists working on the item.

Same with the armor and headphone, there isn't a plan for additional color because the demand isn't that high. What really help push for changes is to get the votes in a petition to catch our art team's attention.

The layering issues for older items (in this case, really old items) do take time to fix as we're always more comfortable fixing something we did wrong recently. Please keep checking with us, and as usual, petitions will help point out big problems to fix right away.

Lanzer
Ashlizzle
HI Lanzer, HI any other admits out there
ok i have 3 questions today
First: when can we expect the summer event to start
Second: ok, this is more like a comment but while trying to play booty grab i've been expericancing a glitch where the tank is glowing but when i click on it and the tank pops up it wont glow. this has been going on for two weeks and im not the only one experiancing this problem
Three: what is toxic drop? and animated item? and RIG? is it even an item at all?

oh, and how was your 4th of July?!

pretty soon. I can't say a day yet since there are still bugs to fix

The problem you mentioned should be fixed soon. Many little things we need to fix still.

There are pieces of info within the cash shop, but are you looking for a better info page than what we have right now?

Lanzer
Saintsaholic
Hey Everyone.

My Questions are...
1.) With the summer event coming close, will it be organized as town vs. town, a new team vs. team set-up, or no competition at all?
2.) As Spring Cleaning is over, when will we see these new features being released?
3.) Any new information regarding the new Jigsaw puzzles and the soon-to-be-game Dumpster Diving?

It's more focused on your personal scores, less of a town vs town gameplay this time around

Since everything need to be tested, they'll trickle out as we know that the fixes won't cause problems of their own.

No new info yet, just taking more time than we anticipate

Lanzer
CloudControl
Hey Lanzer, good idea on the Toxic Drop. But, where specifically is that money going to go in the clean-up?

We're about to figure out which organization to support. Will be announcing as soon as we worked out who to work with. Please stay tuned!

Lanzer
Pie
So, hey! I just got back to ConnectiCon, and I just want to say that DJ Helsing is the coolest guy ever and he did an awesome job at the panels!

(Well, okay, except Monday, because when he didn't show up on time, the con staff was basically like "we have no idea what happened to him, assume he was abducted by aliens and go to another panel". When I heard he had merely misread the schedule, I was so heartbroken. crying )

I loved the sneak-peaks - those pictures of Buccaneer Boardwalk had me drooling.

I do have a question related to the Saturday panel, though. Regarding the Randomness giveaways... um, could a few of the "if you have a cool prop/weapon/cosplay" variations be taken out? Or at least a few more general ones added in? I think a few of the non-cosplayers were getting a little aggravated by a particular Gaian with a keyblade who ended up taking home three or so Glomp Me signs.

I recommend "coolest hat" and "wittiest T-shirt" because I am completely self-serving and biased.

Also, keep that last one. Forever. Not a fan of the series, but... it was definitely worth watching just to see those hot Gaians getting shirtless. heart

Anyway, again, DJ Helsing is the most awesome guy ever! And if he's reading this: Thank you for coming to the con and putting up with us troublesome Gaians, clinging to your pantleg and begging for freebies.

Thanks for the feedback! biggrin DJ loves his job being able to connect with Gaians, and I enjoy being there with him whenever I have the chance to step out.

Lanzer
Kejourou
Is Ron Bruise not needed anymore? If so, he needs a funeral.

Heh, he's happily employed and experiencing a trilling career in the inter-galactic entertainment world.

Lanzer
Platonix
Saintsaholic

Developer Narumi Misuhara
For the fixathon I've been working on Dumpster Diving... actually I spent most of the two weeks training the new guy and doing odds and ends for sponsorship stuff and our administration team. Only this past Thursday did I really get my hands back on Dumpster Diving, but I've cleaned up a lot of the code, making enhancements etc. Sadly it's still not done, but it's in a far better state now than it was before and as currently designed will now allow us to do fun events with it should the need arise. I expect it needs maybe another day or two of work, maybe I'll come in on a weekend to get it all finished up. I have some pictures I'll try to put up soon (I don't have them on this computer.), they're a bit more updated than what was shown at conventions before now. I'll also pass them along to DJ so he can start showing the newer images.

No new info yet but please stay tuned, sometimes things clear testing much quicker than expected and it just spring to life!

Thank you for attending this week's ATA. I'll see you all next week!
I...um...don't think he realized that I was replying to Saintsaholic's question there... sweatdrop

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
July 19th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

Thanks for all those who participated in the Toxic Drop. We'll be putting up a poll and letting you choose which charity we'll be supporting to help with the oil spill.

Sorry for being late, let's get started!

Lanzer
Mistress Gambino
Happy Monday, Lanzer! Sorry for the long questions this week, and for being MIA until now. I've been distracted with.. um.. going on a permanent hiatus from Gaia.. ;__;

Noteworthy links:
Gambino dA Group | Gino Formspring | Gambino Formspring | Bucho Formspring | Edmund formspring

Questions!

1) How old is Edmund?

2) It seems to me that Gaia's userbase is shrinking. I remember when it was common to have near 100k users online at a time; lately it seems that 50k and below is the new standard. I, myself, a Gaia-addict since 2004, have weaned off in favor of another site (Crysandrea... I'm sorry! I still come back and check Gaia every few days!). What do you think is contributing to this disturbing trend? How do you feel about it?

3) Have you considered alerting users of AtA and other site happenings via Announcements or PMs? I was very pleased with how Spring (Summer?) Cleaning updates were handled. It was initially Announced, and by participating in the forum we got PM updates at certain phases. As it is now, the Blog is not under any of the Navigation tabs, and users must be familiar with the GCD in order to find anything regarding the site development. While most users who do care are in the GCD, some simply don't know or are too intimidated by the GCD reputation (because, yes, GCD does have a reputation for being hardasses and cliqueish) to come look. Have you considered either putting the Gaia Blog under a Navigation tab, or having every Blog update double as an official Announcement?

4) /singsingsing WHAT'S GONNA WORK?

5) I notice Coca-Cola is a sponsor now. How did you know that I love Coke more than most anything in the world? Was it all a ploy to get me to stay longer?

Edmund is in his 40's, which reminds me of his Bio that we should have done. Need to go bug the team. :O

You're definitely right that the simultaneous users online is less than what things were. The overall number of unique ip address accessing Gaia is about the same since a while back, but we changed a lot in gold granting activity and how we measure who's online and who's not, and the end result is where the online user count end up being lower. It'll be a while until we catch up to where we were.

ATA were not initially announced on the announcement because there's only so much people I can talk to and answer at one time. The longer term goal is to have better blogs that we host and take a more active stance in announcing our efforts.

DJ Helsing
l-l Sephira l-l
DJ Helsing
Kain-Senpai
I don't have many question for ATA, but I do have a few.

/several questions DJ didn't answer/

5 Anyone particular going to Otakon? /is excited about that convention

/several more/

I'd greatly appreciate it if you were able to answer the majority of the questions provided. If you don't have any answer to them, please direct the question to the appropriate Staff member. Thanks. smile

i'll be at otakon along with lanzer and one of the zomg develoepes as well!

I know you!
You're the old man that threw his back out and asked for a chiropractor at the Kentucky meet up! surprised lol

hhee

no im not old but yes an old martial arts injury came up but i made it through and got to a chyro the moment i got back in town smile

DJ Helsing
Ramiele
Hey!

So a few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to attend the Meet-Up in the Cincinnati area. I've lived in this area my whole life and the place where it was was just a short drive, and even walking distance if I wanted to walk. The whole time I was there I had a blast, and I just wanted to say thanks for sending Gaia our way! If there are anymore Meet-Up's in Cincinnati, I will be sure to go!

perhaps edit to add my question if I can word it right.

I also have a question: My fiance (who is also a Gaian) has cancer and I've seen money go to the Gulf for the Oil Spill, money go to Haiti. What about something like cancer research? I know I would be extremely tempted to buy a wig-set (or something of the sort) if I knew it would go to cancer research. In fact, I'd be probably very tempted to buy anything if it went to cancer research. Do you have plans to donate to kind of thingsexcept of "current tragedies" such as the Oil Spill, and the Haiti earthquake?

Thanks.

Glad you enjoyed the meet up!

it was nice meeting you!

DJ Helsing
EternalDrug
Here is some questions:

1- Will there ever be any conventions/meet-ups in spain?

2- Will you make more achievement soon? (like REALLY soon?)

3- Will you ever update the Exchange Services? (I made a proposal for this, lol xD)

4- Who from the mods would you like to kill? (uhm... yeah... maybe it's weird to ask that.... but anyway ANSWER!)

5- I love all of gaia's features!!!

unfortunately we arn't having any meet ups or conventions in spain this year but we will be in london which is the 2nd time we've ever gone out of the us so hopefully if its a successful event we may expand in the future

DJ Helsing
katsora
DJ Helsing!

It was great meeting and seeing you at Connecticon 2010 even though there was a slight timing confusion on Friday and half the room left before you arrived.

I was looking for you in the gaming hall i wanted to maybe play a board game with you and wanted to talk to you more but my timing was bad i guess. :]

bug me after the panel at otakon ill be gaming alot at otakon in my spare time we can schecdule a meet up! i have a awesome new game called bang

Lanzer
Kain-Senpai
I don't have many question for ATA, but I do have a few.

1) Will there be another Spring Cleaning event? There are still issues with the site (outdated coding) that users have been discussing in Site Feedback. Unfortunately, I don't have the links to supply. However, when I do, I'll update my post.

2) The Staff for the zOMG! team communicate with their base much more than the other Staff on the site. With this in mind, is ANYONE in the Staff willing to do MORE than post journal update, the blog and little short and small posts here in ATA? Users (from what I've seen) are relatively more happy when there is communication. Something that Gaia is severely lacking.

3) Speaking of zOMG!, will it receive more attention, or become one of the Site's infamous, "Once great, now a back-burner" project?

4) Will those birthday PM reminders ever go away?

5 Anyone particular going to Otakon? /is excited about that convention

6) Is there going to be another User-Item-Creation contest? They seem to be well received events.

7) Will there be Gold Shop updates in the future that work with Cash Shop updates and RIGs?

8 ) Will there be another "Save-Our-Shops" gold sink event?

I'd greatly appreciate it if you were able to answer the majority of the questions provided. If you don't have any answer to them, please direct the question to the appropriate Staff member. Thanks. smile

There will be more bug fixing, we had our first and for sure it'll not be the last.

You're right in noting the fact that some of our teams are better in communication, I can't speak for the entire team of 100 people in the Gaia HQ, but we're trying harder, and people like DJ Helsing and the admin team is really helping out.

zOMG will continue the way it is, while we're trying to balance the effort in expanding the Gaia Towns effort.

Yeah in time it'll be an option.

I'll be there, along with some of our admins to help provide live coverage. No artists, sorry!

DJ Helsing
l-l Sephira l-l
That's cause the meetup was kinda lame sweatdrop
It was my first time at a Gaia con/ meet up
And I was pretty disappointed

sorry to hear that!

what's 1 thing that you think we can improve for the future?

Lanzer
Queen-of-the-Rogue
How was your week Lanzer?

1) When should we be seeing updates to the Guilds?
2) Any chance of possibly getting the Prom Dresses Recolored?
3) I liked the Spring Cleaning and hope to see more like that and do we have any dates for the Summer Event?

No dates yet, sorry. But we won't work on anything else for a re-write besides the arena

Can't promise anything, but if there's enough Gaians asking then yes.

The summer event is getting delayed unfortunately. I think we're looking at next month. crying

Lanzer
Kestin Sha
Hi everyone at Gaia! It's really cool of you guys to do these charity thingies especially when we all know HQ is totally desperate for money in the first place. 3nodding

-Are there going to be more zombies in the future? ninja
-Did you know that you can make ice cream out of tofu?
-Be honest: do you guys still mentally call them RIGs? xp
-Are you dating anyone? (That came off wrong, didn't it?)
-When is Gino going to find out about his daddy? sad
-CHESS ITEM. YOU GUYS ROCK.

P.S. 2011! biggrin

Yeah, there's gotta be more zombies. :O

What about tofu made out of ice cream?

I think you get a jolt of electricity when that happens

Yeah, I'm 36 after all, the clock is ticking! biggrin

More info will come...

Lanzer
Platonix
I'm glad to hear that you have discovered some charities you can donate to. I was wondering what would happen if, having already sold a bunch of Toxic Drops, you discovered there was no one would could receive the donation.

There are a lot of good choices out there. Thank goodness. Thank you for all who helped out.

Lanzer
warzisback
Hello, so i have 2 questions to ask the Admin and we will start with the easiest.

1. Will there every be a Networth calculator for us to use, to see our networth.
Yes, i know tektek exists, i know you know it does too. Anyways Tektek has failed to show
alot of my items and i feel it is inaccurate. Having Gaia do this would be more accurate because
all of your items would be calculated.

2. Will Gaia ever come out with an API for fellow developers.
Personally i would love to develop some flash games for fellow Gaians.
Even better, i'd love to be able to connect the players in more ways than just one.
It'd allow Gaia to compete better with Facebook, myspace and many others even though this may not be your goal.
It would allow small time developers a chance to create something amazing and get viewers.
Gaia could also profit from this, such as all flash games must have the preloader inside.
The preloader would load an ad for gaiaonline. Then Gaia could promote it's apps on other websites.

Any who Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestions / questions.

There will probably be one sooner or later, we're just putting more time on things like achievement system for now.

Yeah our API is for internal use only, probably as we get better in terms of security we'll be able to open up our API for outside use.

Lanzer
Ramiele
Hey!

So a few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to attend the Meet-Up in the Cincinnati area. I've lived in this area my whole life and the place where it was was just a short drive, and even walking distance if I wanted to walk. The whole time I was there I had a blast, and I just wanted to say thanks for sending Gaia our way! If there are anymore Meet-Up's in Cincinnati, I will be sure to go!

perhaps edit to add my question if I can word it right.

I also have a question: My fiance (who is also a Gaian) has cancer and I've seen money go to the Gulf for the Oil Spill, money go to Haiti. What about something like cancer research? I know I would be extremely tempted to buy a wig-set (or something of the sort) if I knew it would go to cancer research. In fact, I'd be probably very tempted to buy anything if it went to cancer research. Do you have plans to donate to kind of thingsexcept of "current tragedies" such as the Oil Spill, and the Haiti earthquake?

Thanks.

Our charity movement had been spur of the moment for the time being, and as much as we're not that organized where I can't guarantee what comes next, there's a good chance that the third, fourth or fifth thing we do would be contributing towards cancer.

Lanzer
Corinth Maxwell
So.......I have a rather pertinent question.

Have the developers (or anyone else) ever found out what's wrong with the new Garage system, and why most of us Gaians can't even get into our garages? I keep checking back every week to see if that "General Error" message is finally gone, and it's practically laughing in my face. gonk stressed

Apologies, seems like it's one of the problems that didn't get around to addressing during spring cleaning. I'll check back with the team to make sure it's fixed ASAP

Lanzer
Ta Lu
Developer-special items from their profiles seem to be a sneaky underground business.

o0o How do most people find out about these special items in profiles?

Like Dragon and Kai
and the
Double Rainbow

There will be more give-aways and special items, we're playing around with many different ways to go about it, but the ideas will be better refined in the weeks to come.

Thanks for taking part in this weeks's ATA. I'll see you guys next week!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
July 26th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

Just got back from San Diego Comic Con, and was quite surprised to see so many Gaians at our panel! Hope that in the future we'll be able to have a booth and more of a presence for conventions next year.

We're still working hard on the summer event but it seems that we won't have it ready until next month. Sorry for the wait. crying

It also felt like a lot of other things are on the limbo, such as the Tiles game that we had been promising for a while now, but in return we'll be performing some updates for games like puzzle and updating some prizes for the flash games, so stay tuned for that.

Let's get this week's ATA started!

Lanzer
Corinth Maxwell
Well, I didn't think I'd post in one of these so soon after the last one, but I have a couple of questions that I think the developers might actually be able to answer.

1. The "Invisibility" achievement. stare Seriously.....What the hell? This is practically an invitation to be trolled by people who want nothing more than to annoy & pester other users. neutral

2. What, if any at all, is the maximum number of people that you're allowed to add to your "Ignore" list at one time? Thanks to the "Invisibility" achievement (among other things), I wouldn't be surprised if people attempted to add hundreds of users to theirs, just to prevent them from being perpetual nuisances.

Hmm, the intention was definitely not to create more trolls, if for any reason that the achievement create more trolls then it'll be taken out of the system. It's still under construction and we're still experimenting with ideas.

The maximum number of users is 500 right now, and sooner or later we'll need to change the code to support more.

Lanzer
PK Flash
-- are you guys going to clean up the huge amount of stickies in the GCD soon?
the father's day thing has been long past and it's pushing the newer content out.

-- will we EVER find out who the artist behind the hidden ace was? it's been months ...

Thanks for the reminder. We clean up the usual stuff like the ATA threads but others like that just need some house cleaning.

The hidden ace is actually a co-lab between a few different artists, so it's hard for one to take credit.

DJ Helsing
hey guys hows it going! just got back from comic-con and getting prepped for otakon!

have alot to do before this weekend but its definately going to be a great convention this year!

Lanzer
Uncle Haijin
1) I've noticed that a lot of the NPCs are getting avatar updates. Now that he's heavily involved with the plot, will Zhivago's avatar be updated? He's one of my favourite NPCs, and his current avatar doesn't fit in at all with the aesthetics of the site.

2) Where exactly is Johnny K Gambino's statue located at? Isle de Gambino? A graveyard? Somewhere else?

3) So, about those character sheets I've been hearing about in past AtA. Are they ever gonna be released?

Maybe soon, yeah he's in dire need for an update. smile

It'll probably be found on his Isle, as of when, I don't know...

I'm pushing for more manga updates at the moment, probably after that

Lanzer
LiXKuja
Will we see a plot update in august or september?
Is Gino, Seer and Sen going to be alive for some time?
Will are demigods become unhuman again?
When you say next month for summer event, you mean 2-3 more weeks?

There's something that's slated to be released with the summer event, and we're working on more besides that.

I'd say so, unless there's anyone in particular...

When will they ever? Well that's part of the main plot of the story that will unfold.

Yeah pretty much. Just need to wrap up some code.

Panagrammic
Mister Awesume
Wow, I actually got around to finally posting in this thing eek

Anyway, I have noticed that a large amount of problems that seem to be mounting up around Gaia, such as the Garage bugs, the pools disappearing in Towns, the Summer event that keeps on getting delayed, the Spring Cleaning updates (which, if I recall, only two or three happened) etc, etc...

I know I sound like a bit of an a** asking about this, but what's happening with these issues? I hate complaining, but I just thought that this would be the right place to do so.

Talking about Spring Cleaning specifically: we had tons of stuff (inventory search, character count in subscriptions, sellback of multiple items, avoid soulbound items in marketplace, gender change potion, and tons of bug fixes), and more stuff is still coming out. See this message for some details.

Lanzer
Ashlizzle
hi Lanzer! Hi admit!
first off i just wanted to say thank you for answering my question a couple of weeks back. i know it's a bit late but that week i had to leave early before you answered and last week i wasn't able to show up. but i was thankful.

ok, now to my questions:
1; ok, the whole thing with rina's cupcakes, is it going to turn into something or what?
2; if you went to the annual ball this year which greek god (or goddess) or hero would you go as an why?

Yes, she's trying really hard, hope she get somewhere with her effort

Who other than Zeus to restore order from chaos? biggrin

Lanzer
what a cunning stunt
Oh dang. That's a bummer about the summer event. I can't wait for it though. It's bound to be great. You guys have been working on it for so long.

How old are Kanoko and Rina supposed to be? I figure they must be withing a few years of eachother but that's just me.

Are you planning to celebrate the birthday of the CoP tomorrow?

What the heck did Brennivin leave without Kanoko for?

Rina's 15 and Kanoko's a bit older, I think she's about 16.

We'll have a little cupcake with a little candle... smile

It's Kanoko's summer break, so she's not around

Lanzer
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Any news on the Guilds?

Also any more recent word on the Summer Event since August is right around the corner? Are we talking early August or mid to Late August for the Event?

No news yet, it'll be a bit of waiting still.

Probably in 2 to three weeks, but we're trying to make it happen earlier.

Panagrammic
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Any news on the Guilds?

Also any more recent word on the Summer Event since August is right around the corner? Are we talking early August or mid to Late August for the Event?

Latest news: guilds homepage revamp is in QA -- we might get it out this week.

Lanzer
The Undead Suitor
How is the summer event coming? You've delayed it for 3 months. :U

How come you can make halloween and christmas events in the given time frame but you can't get a summer event out to save your life?

I know you only have 5 people for events and sponsorships.

and whenever a sponsorship comes up they have to drop everything to work on it.

And I just want to let you know that it's retarded.

In the bad way.

You run Gaia, how come the largest events on Gaia have the smallest team?

Fix it.

Unless you really don't even run Gaia anymore.

It's an unfortunate fact that we're dealing with right now where we scoped too ambitiously and then we have to scale back when we couldn't get everything done in time. Summer event suffer from a specific date such as Halloween or Christmas so we failed to set a deadline early on. For the time being we can only wait, as adding more people who haven't been up to speed on the project just delay the effort. If it's strictly related to the number of people to the team it would have been a easy problem to solve, but unfortunately it was related to many small issues added together. I hope that some of the other updates and changes from other teams will show up soon. Apologies for the delays.

Lanzer
Platonix
Gaia:

I, like many others, am shocked and mortified at the drastic change which was made to the character of [NPC] Leon recently.

Just looking at the offending image was enough to make me question reality and the validity of Gaia's past.

Clearly the man is no longer who he once was, and this fact is a tragedy that strikes at the heart of Gaia's very fabric.

Yes, you know exactly what I'm talking about...

Leon now hates Olivia's cooking as much as everyone else does.

This is unacceptable and will not go unavenged.

(Kidding. Very-slimmed-down Leon avatar looks nice, though kinda weird. Can we expect to see new-style Edmund, Ian and Gino soon?)

I think that only Leon is capable of looking into the mirror and inventing looks like that. smile It's a gift really, as I can never see myself being able to do that, for better or worse...

Lanzer
Kanashii Sakura Uta
First off, I am very excited for Rina's to-be-updated shop, though I think that if you had given her shop updates in the past, you wouldn't have to had her upgrade her shop to include a cafe. Would an upgrade to her shop mean more shop updates for her?

We do wanted Rina to expand her expertise and hence provide more updates and items for all Gaians, so the two pretty much goes hand in hand. Either we justify an update through story or storyline through update, I hope that everything makes sense.

Lanzer
OMFG Taylor
What exactly are the flash teams up to at the moment? zOMG has been abandoned (R.I.P.), Aquariums aren't getting any updates, Towns/Houses have been dead for a long time...

So what exactly are they working on? And will zOMG ever get more resources? Or should we just consider it a dead/abandoned project?

zOMG does have two different updates being worked on, while Aquarium has its share of problem so we're more focused on fixing them than having the problem grow. There is an initiative to change the platform for Towns, but yeah it's been a process that's taking too long. With so many products and games we end up with a problem of trying to keep everything updated, and everything slowing down. After the next flash game is released, we'll be more focused on updates.

Lanzer
Mister Awesume
Wow, I actually got around to finally posting in this thing eek

Anyway, I have noticed that a large amount of problems that seem to be mounting up around Gaia, such as the Garage bugs, the pools disappearing in Towns, the Summer event that keeps on getting delayed, the Spring Cleaning updates (which, if I recall, only two or three happened) etc, etc...

I know I sound like a bit of an a** asking about this, but what's happening with these issues? I hate complaining, but I just thought that this would be the right place to do so.

Yeah it's been a concern on my end having to deliver bad news, and if there's one thing that we shouldn't drop the ball on it's the Gaia events. So it's been a stressing time for all of us. Moving forward I will emphasize that we focus more on site wide activities and group games plus events, to keep the promise of new content flowing and proof our promise to all Gaians that we're here for entertaining all of you. As for flash games, we're considering rotating out some games so that we can focus on updating the other more popular ones. Please stay tuned for more details regarding that.

Thank you all for sharing your concerns with me. It really help keep us focused and doing the right things. I'll have more to share hopefully by next week on where things are or if there are. Thanks again for attending this week's ATA everyone!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
August 2nd

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

Just had a great time at Otakon last weekend. Thanks for all who attended last week at the con and logged on to support our broadcast.

Want to give an update to the summer event. If all goes well the event should be ready next week, but please wait for the announcement for the real release date. I want to apologize for the long delay, and we'll make it up with more manga, mini events, and flash game updates happening real soon.

Lanzer
Queen-of-the-Rogue
WOW I just got first post ever on AtA under Lanzer cool!

So my questions this week are:

1. Is the summer even still planned to be released in the next week or so?
2. Why can we no longer access the drop down menu's by our friend's names on our My Gaia? Why did this happen and will it get fixed? I now have to click their names to go to their profile to send them a PM instead of using my Gaia and hovering by the picture of their avi and having a drop down menu appear like in Guilds and Forums and allowing me to send them a PM from there.

Yes, if things go according to plan and we don't find too many bugs. I'll check with the team for an update soon.

Yeah that's a bug that should be fixed. We pushed a lot of updates recently.

Lanzer
Existential Existence
Hi Lanzer!

AWESOME NEWWWSS!!!

Can't wait to see the summer event!

Two NPC related questions...how old are Rina and Leon? Some people want to know.

Also the updates that were pushed out this week are freakin' awesome!! Great job Gaia exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim

Rina is 15, Leon I'm not sure, think he's in his late 20's.

Thanks, more updates to come, mostly gaming related.

Lanzer
kaykeyser
I haven’t been to ATA in a while because I haven’t had any questions.
But now I want to know some thing. Why did you make Rina the NPC in charge of the candy shop instead of creating a new NPC to run the shop and letting Rina run the flower shop? I realty want to see new NPCs open shops rather then seeing new shops get run by old NPCs or new NPCs replace old shop owners. Is it really hard to draw , program and upload a new character and setting?
Also if this was part of a vote, I missed that chance some how.

We thought that Rina really lacked talent and her store felt really lacking, though on top of that, it's more fun to focus on the aspect of someone learning how to cook than to have someone who appear from somewhere as an established cook. But then you never know what we'll come up with in the near future related to food and all.

There's never been any difficulty with new NPC, they appear all the time when we see fit, though we do try to create new ones that are appropriate for the occasion.

Lanzer
Ashlizzle
hi lanzer,
ok my questions for the week:
1: where did the idea come for the tip post button?
2: ok, i've been having a real problem with my aquarium. not only for the past 2 months i havnt been able to play booty grab at all it turns out i can't place new fish in my aquarium even when i save my actions?!
3: it's august now, what's ur favorit thing to do in august?

It was an idea that had been floating around for quite some time, and we had a day where everyone get to work on features they like to build, and out comes the feature!

Sounds like a bug, I'll ask for help.

August is time for star gazing and playing sports outside. I like it when it's warm, even though most of my friends think it's too hot to stay outside during the day. biggrin

Lanzer
KittenGrey
Hey Lanzer
Wanted to just throw my two cents in on the cosplay contest. I fear that, having the users vote for the last stretch of the contest, it will become a popularity contest and certain users may have the upper hand if they have a ton of friends. Was that really a good idea?
Also, I was wondering your ideas/thoughts on a way for users to delete their own topics. I have a few dead and done topics that are just wasting space, and would personally like to see them gone. We can delete our posts (and other peoples posts if we're the thread admin, which I love, btw) so why not be able to delete a topic if it hasn't been active for who-knows-how-many months?

Edit: also, just a tip, you should change the buttercup cafe icon, since it's still the BFS icon xD;

I think that the Gaia userbase is large enough so that if you have a lot of friends or a guild, it wouldn't bring you much advantage.

You did bring up a good point about old posts, which we very well could support in the future. Yes, old posts shouldn't be brought to life in most cases.

Lanzer
Man_I_Jizzed2
Hi Lanzar.
Hope you had a good monday.
I have a few questions I would like to ask you.

1. I am been rally. I saw a store that said opening soon. Is that somthing
that is going to be like the store area in hollywood? If so when would we be
execting it to come out?

2.Today I have seen tons of updates. Will we be expecting a towns
update soon.

3.Also regarding town.
Why where the pool taken out?

4.Will we get anymore demonic type MC's soon or Angelic?

That's what we have in mind, it's still in the works though. First priority is to release the summer event.

Not yet, Towns still have too much security problems. We need to do some major changes.

We found some security issues.

A lot of us think that the theme is overplayed in the past, so they're appearing less frequently now. They'll make their way back eventually I'm sure.

Lanzer
seductive pheromones
happy monday lanzer. i have a few questions

1. hey lanzer it seems that every panel i watch live you speak in a mono tone when speaking in the mic. do u speak in mono tone in real life?

2. have you ever though about making a contest were the winner gets to be an SDplus doll?

3. DJ Helsing you are the king of trench coats. how many trench coats do u own?

I think I'm a monotone type of guy, even more so when speaking in public. Much less in person, if you get to hang out and ask me questions after the panel you should find that I actually speak more like an okay person. biggrin

If a lot users like to have an SD plus doll of another specific user, then we'll definitely look into it. If there is a feature to make your own, that would be fun.

I think it's always the same one (he better wash it often!)

Lanzer
Mister Awesume
Oh hai. Me again.

I was just wandering, seeing as we've recently had contests such as the cosplay one, and we're currently having a haiku one, but what else is coming up contest-wise?

The new arenas will have much better contest handling capability, so look forward to more contests ranging from anime themed to Gaia themed. Maybe more photo contests too.

Lanzer
Princess-Orphelia
Shoot, I forgot to add this in my post.

I was wondering if we can possibly have a plush made up of this cute little Jappy kid.
From the movie 'up'?....

Picture below. sweatdrop

User Image
My vote would have Dug the talking dog! biggrin

Lanzer
Kats Kokeshi Doll
Hay thar, Lanzer! I was just wondering, since we have waited sooo long for the summer event, that you might be able to give us some hints about it? Anything? It's eating at my brain, man.

Well one of the things you can do in the summer event is to feed yourself. Does that sound cool or what? biggrin

Lanzer
Dolad
Did you buy Starcraft 2 yet? What do you think of it?

How's "Tiles" coming along?

What do you think of the art style of The Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword?

I'm going to buy it soon... need to buy myself time first. biggrin It seems well balanced and I love the graphics!

Tiles is really close, just need to pass quality assurance tests.

I grew up with the old Zelda with cute sprite graphics, so seeing the older mature look is not my thing. I can't find time to play it though.

Thanks for attending this week's ATA. I'll see you guys next week!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
August 9th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

We're excited getting ready for the summer event! We'll be starting with new storyline update as well as some activity, and it'll work its way into more activities and surprises. Please stay tuned on what's to come!

Lanzer
CleoSombra
BWHAHAHHAHAHAHA FIRST!

Hi, Lanzer.

Is the summer event going to be more flash (like prom) or forum (like Christmas) based?

And is the new CEO nice? He likes cats, right?

Will you give him a hug for me?

There will be flash components but mainly gonna be more forum, and with more aspects that will work in the browser.

Muumuupie is a really cool cat, he'll be making his rounds to say hi real soon. biggrin

Oh, proxy hugs!

Lanzer
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Hi Lanzer

So are we expecting the summer event this week or will it be next week?

Also will we be getting the ability to send Pm's and other things to our friends without having to go to their profiles from our My Gaia again soon? I find that a bit of a Hassle.

We'll be starting this week, and more will be introduced as the event take place

We're putting together some time to re-think how the site header work, will definitely think through the best way to make it happen.

Lanzer
Saintsaholic
Hey Lanzer, good to hear you're excited for the summer event!
I just have a couple quick questions.

1.) What exact day will this summer event start?
2.) Will this summer event be flash based, forum based, or something completely different and new?
3.) When can we expect to see the next Gold Shop Update?
4.) What's your favorite item?

It should be this Thursday, as usual, keep your eyes peeled for the site announcement!

The next gold shop update is coming real soon, either this week or the next.

My favorite item? I remember some members talking about "The Mistake" over Otakon, I always found a good laugh whenever I read its description. biggrin

Lanzer
Ashlizzle
first of, i want to thank you for fixing the bug that haunted my aquiruam. but is still want to point out that i still can't play booty grab, no matter what computer im on
2nd: hoohry for the summer event coming!
3rd: got any tips for lowering a college student's stress level during summer finals week?
4th: i have to write a paper on Taoism, does anyone know anything about Taoism?

There are so many things that we need to fix for the aquarium, one thing at a time, we'll be having games updates and fixes real soon.

Summer finals? Oh boy, sleep plenty two days before the exam so you can cram the night before! biggrin Nothing gives you more confidence than eyes that can stay open. smile

Google knows all!

Lanzer
seductive pheromones
hello hello gaia staff. i hope you all had a good weekend?

here are my questions

1. when are we going to get another aquarium fish sale again?

2. when is the popular item of the gaia home page getting updated ?

3. lanzer, when u first created gaia where did u advertise at? i remember finding gaia advertise in a manga

thanks

I'll ask/bug CP about it.

We're gonna make better content for the homepage, hopefully soon.

At first we got a free ad in a comic, but other than that we didn't do much advertising at all. Lucky users just told each other about Gaia.
exclaim I have a question about botted gold: I found a room in towns where the title said soemthing like free donations here so i went there. There somebody gave me a donation, but he sent it in a link. Now how do i know if that link he sent me in a pm is legal gold. I dont want to get banned by using the link, so i am asking you first. How do i know if it is botted gold or not? Please help me!!! exclaim

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
wolfninja78
exclaim I have a question about botted gold: I found a room in towns where the title said soemthing like free donations here so i went there. There somebody gave me a donation, but he sent it in a link. Now how do i know if that link he sent me in a pm is legal gold. I dont want to get banned by using the link, so i am asking you first. How do i know if it is botted gold or not? Please help me!!! exclaim

There is no such thing as a valid donation that involves a link. If this person honestly wanted to donate gold to you, he would have started a trade involving an amount of gold, with the understanding that since it's a donation you don't have to offer anything in return...or, if he was particularly clever, he might have used the Gift System to donate you an item that could be sold from Inventory for a hefty amount of Gold (like a Mythrill Coin or something). That wouldn't involve a link either; you'd get a PM from NPC Rina telling you about an item that has been added to your inventory.

Just to make sure, does the URL that this link leads to start with "http://www.gaiaonline.com/"? If it doesn't, report the person for scamming.
Platonix
wolfninja78

There is no such thing as a valid donation that involves a link. If this person honestly wanted to donate gold to you, he would have started a trade involving an amount of gold, with the understanding that since it's a donation you don't have to offer anything in return...or, if he was particularly clever, he might have used the Gift System to donate you an item that could be sold from Inventory for a hefty amount of Gold (like a Mythrill Coin or something). That wouldn't involve a link either; you'd get a PM from NPC Rina telling you about an item that has been added to your inventory.

Just to make sure, does the URL that this link leads to start with "http://www.gaiaonline.com/"? If it doesn't, report the person for scamming.

It does start with "http://www.gaiaonline.com/, he did it that way because i have an new profile and do not have a trading pass yet, so he sent it in a link. I was suspicious, though, because I did not think you could do that, but it does start like that with that url. Pm me personally and i will lshow you the link thanks

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
wolfninja78
Platonix
wolfninja78

It does start with "http://www.gaiaonline.com/, he did it that way because i have an new profile and do not have a trading pass yet, so he sent it in a link. I was suspicious, though, because I did not think you could do that, but it does start like that with that url. Pm me personally and i will lshow you the link thanks

Hmm...actually, it occurs to me that there might be a valid way to get gold from a link. The guy wouldn't be giving it to you from his own account, though. There was a time (they seem to have stopped doing it) where Gaia's monthly Newsletters sent to people's Emails included the almost-legendary Bape Cow hidden somewhere in the newsletter, and clicking it would grant you 100 Gold. That, technically speaking, is gold from a link. It's kinda like when Gaia has the sponsorships where you're supposed to find objects floating around certain pages, and when you click the object it records your progress in the quest and you might earn a prize...

Gaia's prize-grant links don't usually check to make sure the link you clicked was where it was supposed to be. That's why you can click this link to receive Gaia artist Reapersun's "Starmony" item, commemorating the Robot Unicorn Attack game, even though you aren't on Reapersun's profile right now. It WILL check to make sure you haven't already been granted that item, though. If this link is honest, the same will most likely be true for it.
Platonix
wolfninja78
Platonix
wolfninja78

Hmm...actually, it occurs to me that there might be a valid way to get gold from a link. The guy wouldn't be giving it to you from his own account, though. There was a time (they seem to have stopped doing it) where Gaia's monthly Newsletters sent to people's Emails included the almost-legendary Bape Cow hidden somewhere in the newsletter, and clicking it would grant you 100 Gold. That, technically speaking, is gold from a link. It's kinda like when Gaia has the sponsorships where you're supposed to find objects floating around certain pages, and when you click the object it records your progress in the quest and you might earn a prize...

Gaia's prize-grant links don't usually check to make sure the link you clicked was where it was supposed to be. That's why you can click this link to receive Gaia artist Reapersun's "Starmony" item, commemorating the Robot Unicorn Attack game, even though you aren't on Reapersun's profile right now. It WILL check to make sure you haven't already been granted that item, though. If this link is honest, the same will most likely be true for it.

Ok that does make sense, but i am just being careful. i really want to know if this link is okay with gaia, so i dont get banned. I reallly dont wanna get banned. I am
afraid that if i open this link, gaia will ban me cause it was a cheat and i wouldnt have known it was a cheat. I really didnt think the guy who gave it to me would do that, but i am just being careful. Um is it okay if I send it to you so you can check it? Then i would feel better about opening it. Thanks so much!!!
!!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
August 16th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

The summer event just got kicked off and there are a lot more to come in the next few days, and a lot more prizes to be won. Stay tuned for what other surprises which lies ahead!

Anyone saw Scott Pilgram over the weekend? It's such a fun movie to watch!

Narumi Misuhara
Roxxeh
Narumi Misuhara
Existential Existence

1) Do you have any news about when we'll be able to see/vote on the cosplay finalists?
2) Will a new coke belt design/winner be announced and do you know what will happen with the soulbound ones?
3) Are we only supposed to be able to collect 1 sticker a day for the pre-event? (some people have been able to collect 2 per day so some people are wondering if it's a glitch or if we're really supposed to be that viligant about collecting stickers)

1. The winners have been chosen, we're working on the final event page and will launch it once it's ready.

2. We'll have an announcement about that tomorrow.

3. 1 sticker per day, due to a bug that was fixed this morning some people may get 6 today.

Will the extra be taken away?
Or do the people with five have a permanent disadvantage? (even if it is small)

We have no plans to take them away. After consulting the artists on it, at the moment having 1 extra is no advantage/disadvantage.

Lanzer
Fossil Tape
I clicked 'check posts' at the exact time you posted, I suppose. surprised

First ATA that I did not get the last post on.
Why did the summer event start so late [it's still in the pre-event!]?
What're you guys planning on doing about the sword belt fiasco?
Do you like mudkips?
Speaking of mudkips, is there going to be a pokemon subforum anytime soon?
When's the hair style seen here on the girl on the right coming out? User Image
Can you tell Fleep I said hi?
What's planned for Forteanagoria?

Summer came late this year and it is still cool here in California. I haven't even turned on my AC at home yet... On a serious note, we really should have started the event much earlier but we wanted a bigger event, and all the time and work we put into it ended up making a lot of bugs and problems that we need to fix.

The whole issue is being addressed as we speak and an announcement will be posted soon. We definitely want to be sure that we stay true to what we support and fair to the community.

Oh I luuuuuuuv... Chinese food. What were we talking about?

True, surprising that such a popular game doesn't have its own sub-forum.

No release date yet, but we're doing a ton of stuff around hair and eyes.

Sure thing!

It's everything that has to do with EI... expect evolutions

Lanzer
Jayce Reinhardt
I know this is a totally dumb post and I probably shouldn't be asking you this but could Gaia have a basset hound item? (A basset hound companion only)

My dog Klute is one and he is so sweet, I was hoping to see one before he passes away.

Anyway so sorry to bother you about this kind of thing. I know it's a long shot too.

There's no dumb question since I'm not any smarter. Specifically about basset hound, I suspect that it'll be a small while until we have dogs, since there's been talk about other small animals.

Lanzer
Existential Existence
Hi Lanzer! Hope you and staff had a grrrreat Friday the 13th!

Questions:

1) Do you have any news about when we'll be able to see/vote on the cosplay finalists?
2) Will a new coke belt design winner be announced and do you know what will happen with the soulbound ones?
3) Are we only supposed to be able to collect 1 sticker a day for the pre-event? (some people have been able to collect 2 per day so some people are wondering if it's a glitch or if we're really supposed to be that viligant about collecting stickers)

Yay Gaia baseball!

I have no idea what the movie Scott Pilgram is about but it sounds like you liked it.

Yeah we picked the winners, and will put together the winner's pages then announce them after the summer event. Stay tuned!

The announcement will come real soon. The item will most likely be replaced.

As long as you've collected one then you're good. More doesn't really give an extra edge.

Lanzer
castrillo
Hey lanzer and company.

Remember that old promise of legit Angel and Demon backwings that were supposed to be released with the quest system? Are these items still going to be released? Will it be a prize for achievement points?

Oh, and will achievement points ever be used for anything, or are they just for bragging rights?
Thanks!~

Yes, most likely through the achievement system. There will be more of that along with other prizes.

Since the achievement system is so new, we are really open to ideas at this point, and will probably test out various ideas along the way, so it's very likely that points will be used in ways to grant cool stuff.

Lanzer
PrincyBoy
Izumi Motou
why don't you ask if they're gonna release site headers for users with large screens and view the site on a much higher resolution than 1024x768. I wish I could ask it myself but due to the timezone I'm in, I am unable to because I'll be asleep by the time the AtA starts.

How will Carl drive a Airship?

Yeah we didn't seem to have done the header right in this particular design. When it's stretched it seemed funny. Moving forward, there's a good chance that we're going to have a centered site so that the wrap around for a larger screen wouldn't be a problem.

Lanzer
Kestin Sha
Hey, I didn't forget this time! xd Gotta fix that habit. TV...so...distracting...

-----

-Why'd Gambino take me off his friendslist? crying Doesn't he know I'm his third-biggest supporter?

-Speaking of whom, when's the big comeback gonna be? We all know he's just hiding. ninja

-Can you guys please unbind the anniversary sashes?

-How did Gino's hair grow back that fast?! gonk (see manga)

-So what's the deal with this new CEO business? What-all does the CEO do, exactly?

-Lanzer, are you really the chief officer of vague responses?

-Do you know what else I want to ask?

It's more of a bug than anything. We need to fix a few problems with the friendslist feature.

ninja

Well if we unbind the sashes then it can't be a status symbol anymore.

I thought how Gino grew from a boy to a man was a bigger mystery. smile

CEO handles the everyday business side of Gaia, such as co-ordinating between sales and marketing, allowing people like me to focus on site improvements and Gaia features.

Yes, providing more details would make this "Ask the Admin for a journal".

Yes, that's why it's time to move on to the next user! biggrin

Lanzer
HenryCat
*Lurks* I'm sure everyone's already asked but, will the belts not being coming back and will there be a forced re-set?

Also, would idea of re-releasing parts of the BOO skin ever be considered? *See siggy*

Scott Pilgram was awesome ^v^

There will probably be a swap of some kind. As far as detail go, an announcement will come out shortly. Just settling on all the details right now.

Maybe no the same skin, but we do want to make zombie fans happy.

Lanzer
Mister Awesume
Ohhaithar. I've just been wondering, is anything going to happen with the Cinemas and the Video-Lounge? I dunno, it just seems like they need some sort of update, or TLC, just to keep them more active. Is anything planned for them?

Not right now. The community support for the features is really low even when we have content coming in. The idea of having a space to share and watch videos together is cool, but I don't think we really hit the spot as far as making the experience fun. So if we can't think of something that's interesting, we'll probably take the feature away.

DJ Helsing
scullylam
DJ Helsing
hey guys hows it going!

hi! do you by chance know what day you'll be coming to anime weekend atlanta? i been checking out the convention's website and not finding any info. sad

We're working out the specifics but ideally we will have an event on each day of the con but if that doesn't get approved then definately on saturday and sunday!

Lanzer
Taku Emiya
Hello Lanzer! I'm glad you liked Scott Pilgram! I'm planning to go see it soon!

Here are my questions:
Any official word from Gaia concerning the Coke Utility Belt Contest and surrounding controversy?

Is it true that you are able to get more than five stickers for the pre-event or is that just a glitch?

What would you name your airship if you were to captain one?

We're sorting out the details, no word yet, but the delay comes from us spending a lot of time listening to people's thoughts and comments.

More stickers than one a day doesn't give an advantage, so no worries. It's more of a glitch.

Maybe I'll call my ship The Anchor. Confuse everyone on board. biggrin

Lanzer
Ocoo
My questions are in regard to rumors about the characters.

1. Are Rina and Leon siblings, or at least cousins?

2. [x]Is this or is this not a young Ruby with Peyo’s father in the banner?

Thank you for your time. smile

They appeared at the same time, but no relations

That's actually what we envisioned as a Gaia user, so nope. It would be kind of a let-down if that's the real answer. biggrin

Lanzer
buitch
First time asking a question (although I've lurked regularly).

I want to ask what's up with the marketplace?

Clicking on new items to see the detailed listing returns "General Error:
Item not found in item search table" because new items are not being added to the item index for days.

Every time one tries to sell a new item that's not in the search table yet he gets the message "You are the first person to sell this item in the marketplace" (due to the above mentioned delay in adding items) even though it's obviously not true.

Searching for these new items finds no match, even though the items obviously exist.

Is this going to be fixed soon? It's been going on for a while now -- and it's very annoying.

Sorry we're on it. Darknrgy was busy working on Achievements as of late.

DJ Helsing
Kain-Senpai
DJHelsing; Did YOU see Scott Pilgrim v. The World? Have you guys started playing it on the PS3? Tell me what you think of it. biggrin

i havn't seen it yet but hopefully when i have some spare time ill go check it out!

DJ Helsing
LULZ MUDKIPZZ
Do you know how many stickers we have to collect in total?

Also, how come you never change your avatar?
Is it because you can't, or you just don't want to?

Oh oh, do you have any pets? If so, what are their names?

I just dont but actually today i did! i added a microphone!

Narumi Misuhara
SunMoonSky
Is the event only going to be three days long or will
it last about week? Will the event start before kids
go back to school. Will we ever get vamp skin in another
color other than white?

I can't say when the event will be released, or exactly how long it is. What I can say is that it will be our longest ever. smile

Lanzer
Zay-roh
Hello everyone!

Wow first page, who knew I would get it!

Anyway! ON TO THE QUESTIONS!

1. What is the exact date for the Event to be open to the public?

2. What was your opinion on Scott Pilgrim?

3. How is Towns 2.0 coming along?

4. The new achievements, do they grant an item or two now? Or they are new ones to keep it updated?

5. I noticed the Frontier skies had a Beta on it, does that mean it will be a part of Gaiaonline after the event is over with? Because if so, that would be cool!

Also Scott Pilgrim was EPIC! I was impressed with it!

Right now parts are being collected, and the meaty part will come in a few days

I love the movie in what it represents, from hitting the video gaming crowd to indy crowd and so on. The movie itself is also really well done, in special effects to its distinctive sense of humor. It's just a great, fun movie to enjoy. I don't treat it like a serious film and I had a great time watching it. Otherwise I would have trouble understanding why people turn into coins. biggrin

Towns 2.0 is coming along slowly. We continue to try to use the backend used in zOMG.

Well as a holiday event, there aren't plans for anything permanent but we are putting a lot of time in it, so it'd be a shame if we take the feature away right after the event.

Nice sig! Though it's kid of huge. biggrin

Lanzer
Nekoofdeath
Hello Lanzer! 3 Questions
1) What is the name of your airship?
2) What is the name of the Jelly God in the sky? (Can it please officially be Cutethulu?!)
3) Why don't we have gold and brown body dyes?

Thanks!

I'm calling mine "The Anchor"

Cutehulu (non official response)

I think we were a little too Photoshop influenced when it comes to thinking through the initial colors. smile

And for those who are wondering about the Achievements update, we will have more options surrounding the feature down the road. Right now we're still in the process of adding more achievements. Please stay tuned on what's to come. Thanks for joining us for this week's ATA. Enjoy the summer event (the new stuff will be cool) and see you all next week!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
August 23rd

Lanzer
Hello everyone,

I'm sure you've gotten a chance to play with Frontier Skies now, I'm still trying to finish it myself. :O How do you guys like the game?

Let's start this week's ATA!

Lanzer
x Karurie x
LANZER.
Hey, can you answer a few questions?

1] How are you at Frontier Skies?
2] Are there any plans for the Halloween Event? Can it please be forum based?
3] Will we ever have another "Gaia Movie" like we had for one of the last Halloween events?
4] Can you ask the artists if they'll do any LOST items? Please?

[OMG. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE GOTTEN FIRST POST]

Haven't finished it yet! I'm still sitting in a meeting planning for another project during ATA today :O

Yes, this time around it will be more forum based. More story based too is where we're heading.

Not the same type of Gaia Movie, but there will be more story elements

Ah, any suggestions?

Lanzer
kaykeyser
Frontier skies feedback

A lot of people will say “this game sucked” but don’t let feedback get you down, there will always be people who hate any thing Gaia does.

There are some things I thought about however.

A lot of the events that happened just happened, I didn’t have a choice, no chance to direct the event to go my way. I would rather my bad luck be my fault and not my guides fault.

Some of the things in the game were pointless since they did nothing, like why was the dog always busy? What’s he doing that’s so darn important? And I never found any thing important in the ship wrecks either. Whose weird imagination thought of a magic dog any how?

I miss having the ability to publicly share my wacky tomb stone sayings in show of how far I got, multi player would have been fun or at least the ability to leave behind loot, food and amo you didn’t use so others could use it. On the other hand having lags from highly populated online play is no good either. Having the option to do either single player or multi player would be good.

If you worked at it we could have other video game parody in future events. A ware in the world is Carmon sandeego game or platformer or some thing could be fun. I like having games that are more then “post under some one and effect the guy above you”

Im a little annoyed by all the times I got the message that I tried hunting and found no animals.

I hope there will be comics at the close of the event too.

Also I would love a game ware you play as a grunny hunting for food, making your nest, raising your family, avoiding predators, …it would be fun.

To all staff and dev team and any one else :
Share a story about your experience playing frontier skies.

Thanks for all the feedback! We spent a lot of time on the game mechanics. Having more sharing features would be great. Right now we're scrambling to fix bugs, and hopefully we'll have room to add some room for more.

Lanzer
yaminakathy the 2nd
Omg hey lanzer!!

how much longer till we know what the stickers from the event do?

edit: yay front time.. and this is my first time here.

I love gaia.. the event is so-so. but enough to keep me playing.it's just kinda long.. but really funny!

er..

dunno if this has been asked before but do you like cats or dogs better? and have you seen vampires suck?

The stickers are kind of like a new currency. Expect a place to use your stickers for cool rewards.

Lanzer
LiXKuja
Hi Lanzer,

Yes, the sumer event is quite fun. Played it a good couple of times and won once so far.

How much manga updates will we get till the end of december?
Will halloween/christmas be the smaller events?
When will manga idea be redesign, the newsroom really needs to be updated? have the staff thought of putting All three sections in one place? it can be called the gaia library, just a name idea.
is flynn coming back and who's peyo father?

We have a number of updates planned, I think it's going to be around once a month that we're shooting for.

We're taking a different approach for other holiday events, from a gaming perspective, it's going to be more story driven. Kind of like between summer olympics and alien event, can't say which one is bigger, but it'll be just as fun. smile

You'll see much more background info for NPC and smaller stories around them. Then the newsroom will be updated. More and more mysteries will be resolved, such as Peyo's story, later in the year.

Lanzer
Yokoshima Miyoku
why is it whenever i try to contact a moderator they never respond?

is there any possible chance that you can get Square Enix as a sponsor?

Sorry Yokoshima, many of us often get too much PM to respond directly. If you ever have problem with contacting a moderator directly, the best route to take is to access the Gaia help page. There you'll find a help system that will give you a ticket number and your request will go through a queue that will give you a response for sure.

I thought we have Kingdom Hearts as a sponsorship, that qualifies as Square Enix, though are you thinking of the FF franchise?

Lanzer
Maeve Faylenn
Hey Lanzer! I was just wondering if you all planned to make a Pokemon SubForum. I dont see Pokemon dying down in popularity any times soon, what if Pokemon Black and White coming out within the next year- I have many points also listed in my Petition Thread. ^w^

Also, there is a nasty rumor running around amongst the Pokemon fans that someone once said you and your staff dont like Pokemon surprised Is that true?

And I havent gotten a chance to play the game but I know Im gonne play it some times soon- everyone I talk to on here is chatting so much about it.

Yeah many of us are big fans, I'll pass the suggestion to the admin team.

Not at all, I'm playing SoulSilver myself. I carry around my Pokewalker to cons!

Gotta catch them all! We all love monsters, in a big way.

Lanzer
Magnificent Moonbeam
Hi, Lanzer, I only have a couple of questions as of now.

In the gold shops, will we sometime in September get a salon update since we have been pretty overdue for one.

Also I have heard about a missing medal for if you finish all of the other guides part of the frontier, is that true? If it is, will it be a Wing Medal for? I have heard about it in a topic in the GCD.

That's all I have to ask for now...I shall stay and talk for a bit.

I heard about a salon update coming out soon, just wait for the announcement for more info.

Not that I know of.

Lanzer
bluecherry
Why is it exactly imp bases can’t wear shoes or shoe bows and do you think it could be fixed so they can anytime soon? I think people would sink their gold into them far more often if you could wear shoes and shoe bows with them.

There were some technical problem with the imp base that prevented us from being able to do that, unfortunately. We won't be able to fix that anytime soon unfortunately.

Lanzer
G01di10cks
What's going to happen with the Wing Stickers? Will we find out soon?

How long will the event last? Can we get an end date/time?

Thanks.

Frontier Skies should be around for quite some time so people don't have to worry about losing or missing out on collecting the items. We'll have a set time after all the major bugs are fixed. biggrin

Lanzer
seductive pheromones
Hola Gaia Staff i hope you ll have a busy and fun weekends just like i did. i had fun playing the frontier skies game
here are my questions for the week

1. i loved the summer event and it was right up my alley, will you guys being doing another game soon for another up coming event?

2. how are the test for the new games coming alone?

3 two weeks ago i asked u about another aquarium sale, and you said u will get the status, so what is the status?

Probably summer events are events that are more gameplay driven. It'll be quite tough for us to spend such an amount of time working on a game for an event. Other events will be more story and activity driven, or more forum based.

Tiles is pretty much ready, doesn't make sense to release it while everyone's playing Frontier Skies so we're just waiting for the right time.

We have some new items ready, so they should come out pretty soon.

Lanzer
Fe1ix
Hey Lanzer, how has the weather been for you, and the rest of the Gang?
anyway, Here is my question. Will the Frontier sky event, turn into an official game once the event is over? Its really fun.

This thread is a lot slower today than usual...

It's been a cool summer. At least I never used the air conditioner at home.

We're always looking into letting event games stay as parts of the site. Maybe this will become one of them.

Yeah, I think everyone's busy playing Frontier Skies or getting ready for school. Hope you guys are all enjoying the game!

Thanks for joining today's ATA thread and see you all next week!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff