Welcome to Gaia! ::

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
sterek
- Look at Cash Shop earnings to determine what types of non-GG releases (regular items, limited items, bundles, deflation RIGs, mini-RIGs) generate the most profits. Use them to replace GGs.

- Move all future recolor RIGs to Loyal's Bazaar.

- Move all past and future Club Verge items to Loyal's Bazaar. Close Club Verge.

- Replace Club Verge and random GC discounts by GC reward tiers based on the monthly amount spent. If a user spends over a certain amount, they get a certain amount of extra GC to spend at the end of the month.

- Instead of overpricing GC items around holidays, implement a GC sink of sorts with global reward tiers. If users collectively spend over a certain amount, all the users who spent GC get a bonus exclusive item. Pair this incentive with lower Cash Shop prices.

- Implement a large month-long gold sink where the top individual rewards are raffle for Tickets and other very rare and very desired perks/items. Make the achievement rewards expensive but less than they are now.

- Update Dernier*Cri every month with exclusive limited-time items.

- Turn Rococo into the artist-feature store it should have been. Update it monthly, each month with a series of items from a different artist and a RIG containing all of the items they created in the past. In the release announcement, include background information about the artist, and a word from the artist. Use the store as a portfolio of sorts.

- Keep GC releases out of the gold shops. (Looking at you, Faktori.)

- Increase the posting/voting earnings, but only slightly. Just add one zero.

- Create an [Animal]-exclusive interactive space in Towns with free item grants and other exclusive perks. Basically, work on incentive for people to use the [Animal] bases. Once a certain quota is attained, release more [Animal] items for gold.

- Work on a schedule for Project releases. Never release a Project unless all the previous requests have been completed.

- Slow down on the daily GC item releases--one regular item a day and one limited item a week is enough. Compensate with 1 mini-RIGs with original items and 2 bundles every month.

- Complete and implement the new inventory arranger. Include more custom "boxes" or categories that can be accessed via the dress-up page.

- Give final word on which features were officially scrapped. Scrap the pet system and the marriage system. Use end-of-the-month announcements for a more detailed preview of the upcoming month.

- Put zOMG on indefinite hiatus, but invest most profit in an update once enough money has been earned to allow it.

- Release more Alchemy formulas/features.

- Hire a team of people to test the site for glitches, missing links, typos, etc.

- Hire a team of people to either work on a new mobile app. Make them contractual employees instead of outsourcing the project.

- Limit the number of announcements per day. Only re-announce limited items, and only if their quantity is still above 50% after 2-3 days.

- Convert GC discount announcements into this little beauty.

- Make flash games available to everyone without necessarily entering a tournament.

- Update the Housing system, but only after offering a significant amount of new housing items and making sure they were popular enough to make the housing update worth the investment. If necessary, add a GC-only premium furniture store. Inform the users that there is a correlation between purchasing housing items and getting an update.

- Never, ever act like site events and manga updates are expendable. Work on making the site's characters and storylines omnipresent.

- Re-release a Dice Roll-esque RIG containing a bunch of rare/expensive items, minus the gold. Also re-release the Monthly Collectibles RIG twice a year (Christmas + Summer Sale).

- Actually listen to demands of certain item re-releases. Have staff browse the SF and the GCD relatively frequently. Work on PR.

- Be more transparent instead of waiting until users start asking questions.

- In fact, explain to the userbase that significant profit is necessary in order to implement the features they ask for. Remind them that Gaia isn't just a website or an online community, but a company--that is, a bunch of people working on a thing that needs to make more money than it costs to keep it running. Word this carefully as to not make it seem like it's an ultimatum.

- Re-hire an economist.

- Install a really nice espresso machine in the office lounge.

bless emotion_kirakira

but I would add that new ticket types/re-releases of project tickets would be halted until the current workload was completed, and then re-introduced slowly with better drop rates (nothing extreme but enough to make the questing for one slightly more reasonable)

Aged Noob

16,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Somehow get guilds 2.0 to happen. Somehow get new inventory arranger to happen and possibly get them to re-do avi dressup too. Have a lot more masculine items made. Salon durem gets updated more and includes body hair of all colors. Do away with cash shop announcements and cash discount announcements, and instead of announcements, have all the cash advertisements on the home page as soon as you log in. It would look neater and more organized. Actually pay some attention to feedback.

Demonic Warlock

44,375 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I'd do whatever it takes to get content, items, events, offers, etc. to work in all countries, not just the US.

I'd also implement my Paper Pinata idea.

No more announcement spam.

My one "personal" item I'd want to add would be a companion that looks like my late dog, Pepper.

I'd add one of those project tickets as a Pet Memorial ticket, which would have a high drop rate. That way people could have Gaia memorials to their pets without going broke, or settling for a pet that somewhat looks like theirs.

Also I would get a golden halo. Not for its worth, not for the ol' status symbol, just for pure nostalgic reasons.

Tipsy Genius

Snow Danger
sterek
- Look at Cash Shop earnings to determine what types of non-GG releases (regular items, limited items, bundles, deflation RIGs, mini-RIGs) generate the most profits. Use them to replace GGs.

- Move all future recolor RIGs to Loyal's Bazaar.

- Move all past and future Club Verge items to Loyal's Bazaar. Close Club Verge.

- Replace Club Verge and random GC discounts by GC reward tiers based on the monthly amount spent. If a user spends over a certain amount, they get a certain amount of extra GC to spend at the end of the month.

- Instead of overpricing GC items around holidays, implement a GC sink of sorts with global reward tiers. If users collectively spend over a certain amount, all the users who spent GC get a bonus exclusive item. Pair this incentive with lower Cash Shop prices.

- Implement a large month-long gold sink where the top individual rewards are raffle for Tickets and other very rare and very desired perks/items. Make the achievement rewards expensive but less than they are now.

- Update Dernier*Cri every month with exclusive limited-time items.

- Turn Rococo into the artist-feature store it should have been. Update it monthly, each month with a series of items from a different artist and a RIG containing all of the items they created in the past. In the release announcement, include background information about the artist, and a word from the artist. Use the store as a portfolio of sorts.

- Keep GC releases out of the gold shops. (Looking at you, Faktori.)

- Increase the posting/voting earnings, but only slightly. Just add one zero.

- Create an [Animal]-exclusive interactive space in Towns with free item grants and other exclusive perks. Basically, work on incentive for people to use the [Animal] bases. Once a certain quota is attained, release more [Animal] items for gold.

- Work on a schedule for Project releases. Never release a Project unless all the previous requests have been completed.

- Slow down on the daily GC item releases--one regular item a day and one limited item a week is enough. Compensate with 1 mini-RIGs with original items and 2 bundles every month.

- Complete and implement the new inventory arranger. Include more custom "boxes" or categories that can be accessed via the dress-up page.

- Give final word on which features were officially scrapped. Scrap the pet system and the marriage system. Use end-of-the-month announcements for a more detailed preview of the upcoming month.

- Put zOMG on indefinite hiatus, but invest most profit in an update once enough money has been earned to allow it.

- Release more Alchemy formulas/features.

- Hire a team of people to test the site for glitches, missing links, typos, etc.

- Hire a team of people to either work on a new mobile app. Make them contractual employees instead of outsourcing the project.

- Limit the number of announcements per day. Only re-announce limited items, and only if their quantity is still above 50% after 2-3 days.

- Convert GC discount announcements into this little beauty.

- Make flash games available to everyone without necessarily entering a tournament.

- Update the Housing system, but only after offering a significant amount of new housing items and making sure they were popular enough to make the housing update worth the investment. If necessary, add a GC-only premium furniture store. Inform the users that there is a correlation between purchasing housing items and getting an update.

- Never, ever act like site events and manga updates are expendable. Work on making the site's characters and storylines omnipresent.

- Re-release a Dice Roll-esque RIG containing a bunch of rare/expensive items, minus the gold. Also re-release the Monthly Collectibles RIG twice a year (Christmas + Summer Sale).

- Actually listen to demands of certain item re-releases. Have staff browse the SF and the GCD relatively frequently. Work on PR.

- Be more transparent instead of waiting until users start asking questions.

- In fact, explain to the userbase that significant profit is necessary in order to implement the features they ask for. Remind them that Gaia isn't just a website or an online community, but a company--that is, a bunch of people working on a thing that needs to make more money than it costs to keep it running. Word this carefully as to not make it seem like it's an ultimatum.

- Re-hire an economist.

- Install a really nice espresso machine in the office lounge.

bless emotion_kirakira

but I would add that new ticket types/re-releases of project tickets would be halted until the current workload was completed, and then re-introduced slowly with better drop rates (nothing extreme but enough to make the questing for one slightly more reasonable)

I agree! If they slow down on the daily item releases, they should be able to handle a few more Tickets, I think.

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
how is this thread different from this thread?

Capitalist

that one says a week this is owned and i didnt see that thread sorry

Angelic Nitemare

GodFather Of Crown RoyaI
Post here what you would change , make , add and post to gaia, i wanna know maybe the admins would see it XD lets try

What would i do?
1.make it so you can earn 200m a day by posting in forums, collecting bugs/coins in towns,rally races, games etc, like make it so you can earm the right amount of money roaming the site

2.add back gaia movies because the videos list thing was so fun in 08-09 we could sit in out little movies rooms and watch boxxy together xD

3.Add rally race tournaments because rally racing tourneys would be fun and give you a reason to make a car now its just like (i got a tank because im rich) kind of thing

4.add back skittles world because its needed T.T

5.Add new gaia avatar interactive games maybe a awsome pvp game for the flamers and all

i have more up my mind cx

What Would You Do? post below!
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Ok...just to help clarify a few ideas.

1. Adding more gold will make the inflation worse, not better. That's basic econ. Like, freshman in HS level. Think of it like this: if your house is on fire, you don't throw more fire in it to save it. Eventually, you have no house.
2. People were using it in ways that were unintended. And rather than possibly getting into trouble for it, it was easier to discontinue it. But if you wanna share a vid with friends, you can still do so in forums!
3. To be honest, I have not seen a race there in years. So I don't know if the underground racing scene in Gaia is huge or not. But I'mma guess not. Seems a safe bet. As much as I pop into Rally, I have yet to see a race in over a year now.
4. Skittles isn't a sponsor anymore. The world might have been cool, but it's like having an ad up and getting nothing out of it. No one likes to work for free. Not even Gaia.
5. More games is good. Fixing the ones we have is ALSO good. Updating ones we have is even better.

No, on my own opinion, I have actually given that idea way more thought than I have voiced. For reasons.

Suffice to say, There are things I would do differently, but lacking the comfort financial buffer that some of it would take, I'd leave the site alone.

But if I come into a few million, I'll keep you guys apprised. whee

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
diet otaku
how is this thread different from this thread?

idk, how are the 5+ new threads posted a day about TEH ECONOMY??!!!?!?!!!! different from one another?

oh, wait.

Capitalist

gaia is only worth 2.4m

Bashful Trader

4,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Honestly, I'd probably keep things as they are, because it looks like Gaia's probably making a lot of money, and that's (mostly) all I'd care about as the owner.
I might be tempted to get rid of the gold generators,
since I've seen a lot of outcry and threats to quit over it,
but I suppose I'd have to see the actual stats before I decided.

Capitalist

Sher!ock
Honestly, I'd probably keep things as they are, because it looks like Gaia's probably making a lot of money, and that's (mostly) all I'd care about as the owner.
comments like this will keep making the ceo do what he's doing lol i guess you dont care for gaia if youd do this

Capitalist

Ridley Starsmore
GodFather Of Crown RoyaI
Post here what you would change , make , add and post to gaia, i wanna know maybe the admins would see it XD lets try

what would you change please i want to know owo

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
GodFather Of Crown RoyaI
Sher!ock
comments like this will keep making the ceo do what he's doing lol i guess you dont care for gaia if youd do this

I wouldn't if I were the owner instead of a user.

Capitalist

Sher!ock
i would;/ the last owner Lanzer did, lets just hope you never become owner of gaia xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff