Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
IIwizardeigesII
Nyadriel
Stop picking on Narumi, goddammit!! Not his fault!

Wrong. Narumi (last we were updated about his position) oversees all teams. He is basically the team manager and tells everyone what to do,this includes telling marketing team to keep releasing gold generators 24/7. He can stop them as well but does nothing to stop it.

As far as we know,the ceo just passes down a figure the team must match,the coo started the gamification bullshit that we are all aware of at this point and narumi keeps the wheel of gold generators spinning.

So yes. Narumi is to blame,sure not for everything but he plays a very large role in the s**t storm gaia is going through.

I doubt he even gives two flying ******** because I bet he's swimming in cash right now for the part he's played in making this "business" a not so sustainable "business" anymore.
Site traffic has dropped by 29.1% in the last year,you can thank his awesome managing for that.

He does what he's told or loses his job. Whoever replaces him... will do exactly the same thing. If you have a job, you should know this. If you never had a job, this is the real world.

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
i would use actual business practices to bring in money, make things fair and fun for people.
happy customers spend more money!
domokun stargate

Enigmatic Doll

28,240 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Probably run it into ruin, like everything else I touch.

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
IDK I'll probably ******** this site up since I have no knowledge about running sites/business/etc

Blessed Hero

Some of these I'm sure will have been said already, but this would be my plan

1. No more gold gens. Full stop.

2. Create more goldsink events until the economy somewhat stabilizes. I would love to see a gold sink event that would revive Gambino, that man was the richest NPC ever, after all, he should need a buttload of gold to revive him. Make it tied into the plot.

3. Re-open an ask the admin thread, with the STRICT RULES that ANY ABUSE OR HARASSMENT to any user, staff or otherwise, will result in a ban. Repeated offenses will lead to a permaban. Get user input before hand and select several questions to answer right off the bat, to make things flow easier.

4. Sell actual custom art from the artists in a shop like Rococo, make it fairly expensive, because after all, people will die for art by their favorite artist. Rotate artists regularly from the shop. Put the items they worked on for sale in the shop as well, like it was intended to be. Or hell, auction off artist art for GC every few months.

5. Return item gens, and only item gens.

6. Set a particular schedule for Flynns Plunder. I love the fact they are constantly running it, but it is a bit haphazard and not all the items that could be / need to be re-released are getting it. For example, every month, week 1 is old MCs, fill the store with old collectibles and letters. Week 2 old event items and RIG items. Week 3 Evolving items and REIs, week 4, Dolls and Companions. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Also get user input on what they would like to see in the plunder by polling.

Now, I would also like to do more work on fixing things like fishing captchas, working on making alchemy a more effective goldsink by making formulas not necessarily easier, but more sensible to use. Several formulas are just... broken with what items they require to make the formula. Get more manga out, do more community events, more advertising and sponsors, ect. But the above would be the core plan, and I would eventually work out from there.

GK -TRAGIC_OG
GIVE NATE BACK HIS TRADEING PASS
what happend to his pass lol
Some of the things I'd do if I was in charge of Gaia:

- get rid of the gold generators or at least use them to actually benefit the community, like having them for gold sinks and all the money/gold would go toward having a truly kickass event like what used to be on Gaia; so for example, release a gold generator and a gold sink in August so the Halloween event would be amazing

- BIG CELEBRATORY ONE-DAY GC FLASH SALE, EVERYTHING 80% OFF!!!

- re-release items and not in RIGS but just re-release them

- combine Rococo and Club Verge into one deluxe GC shop, make it worth it for users to be members

- hire more people to work on the manga and update the plot

- put all the animal items into a new shop

- update the gold shops; all the hair/eye/lip mods in Salon Durem, all the arm mods in Skin Tyte, new housing stuff, new aquarium stuff, new car stuff

- combine Dernier Cri and Loyal's Bazaar into one shop, put all the recolors of the cash items in there

- new items, and new types of big back wings and new animated items
This seems interesting and I do love some of the idea's in here! ^_^

What would I do if I owned Gaia Online:

~ I would firstly stop the Gold Generators, they were popular at one time with some of the userbase but now....everyone is sick and tired of them ><

~ Make more and more goldsinks similar to the Go Fusion, make it so that they are tied to a new feature but make the Tiers lower so the Gold Only users can have a chance to gain some awesome items, also make tie into other features of the site - like hunting for a heart, diamond, or star charms around the site smile

~ Once the economy has recovered up the payouts for posting in forums by adding one more zero

~ Also up the payout a tad with the Daily Chance and add new and better items to it!

~ Bring back ask the Admin but put into play strict rules about how to behave towards staff and how to speak to them (what happened in the old ask the admin was literally nasty and shouldn't have happened and I understand why the staff closed it)

I will also make a sticky regarding Ask the Admin and select upto 5 questions that can be answered straight away each month and place the answered questions and the answers to them in that sticky! (I will also make a small important announcement and put a link to where the sticky is in the announcement and on my profile)

~ Before I make an announcement regarding the ATA and the Sticky Topic to it, I would need to cut down the announcement spam considerably -

make 1 massive announcement in regards to what is happening and going into La Victoria for the month along with a release schedule

I will also do this with the gold shops too! ^^

~ Make sure that the LQI items are lowered in price (to something much more affordable) and release one each week of the month (so there would be 4 LQI items a month, one male, one female, one animal and one unisex item)

~ Keep the MC's limited and released once a month (and not re-release them)

~ Update every feature there is on this site! Inventory Arranger, new Puzzles and Games!
(I will keep it so that the features pay for themselves but make it affordable and ask the communities opinion on the price)

~ Hire more staff, a team to fix glitches, bugs and a team to do some proof reading and correcting typos!

~ Make sure the male userbase gets some love too....half the items will be 50% male and 50% female and 50% [animal] and 50% unisex! (that way everyone wins)

~ Hire a new CEO, COO and a new marketing team! ><

and that's it for now, I would go on and on and on but I don't think anyone wants to read a looooooooong arsed post! Lmfao! XD

Pure-hearted Sex Symbol

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
1: ******** all gold generators, making inflation worse.

2: Hire artists that do real ******** work and not just change the hue of an item.

3: Bring back video lounges. They were removed most likely because people were broadcasting movies illegally. But YouTube has changed. The likeliness of that happening has gone down

4: Return and remake every item that was stolen from old members by Flynn and give them back to their owners and un-ban their accounts. Everyone is coming back to gaia these days. I promise you those people have tried too also and haven't been able too.

5: Not take away a users trading pass if they buy a hacked item. Unless i have proof they were involved. Just give the user that was hacked a new item. Hell, the more items we have, the more inflation will go down.

6: Reduce all item prices,everyone's gold,item value. everything. by 60%. Everything would still have the same value. the rich would still be rich. but for ******** sake it would reduce the numbers.

7: Fire all the moderators and get new ones. I've been on this site for years and the moderators are still s**t.

8: Use my millions of earnings i collected from milking inflation to make sure i have better staff.

9: Become social with my members more than just announcements and staff alerts. No one better understands the community they are actually social with.

10: If none of that works shut the mother ******** down.

Aged Prophet

decrease gold generators to next to none for a period of time
increase events where people are forced to spend gold to participate,
bring back the imer
bring back the movies
bring back all other games/apps/functions removed
create tournaments etc for the games to promote them
hiring new mods, admins etc
remove gold gens
create hundreds of npc accounts and use them to create a flood to of old CI EI MC at the original price (by flood i mean thousands/millions of copies) making people unable to try and vendor them especially with the amount of different items being flooded.
create a massive set of new cs and gold shop items to try and further drop the net worth of individual accounts

monitor the success then pull all the bots and any items they still have for sale undoing most of the inflation and recreating the items as limited from that point.

Impassioned Misfit

Publicly humiliate the then-former CEO, most likely. wink

Get the inventory arranger out ASAP, along with fixes to Alchemy. Completely re-do how the site handles everything related to GCash and La Victoire (that is - make announcements for it only a daily digest, make icons that indicate there are sales be produced, a complete and utter abandonment of gold generators, an embracing of item generators, etc)

Lonely Phantom

11,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
sterek
- Look at Cash Shop earnings to determine what types of non-GG releases (regular items, limited items, bundles, deflation RIGs, mini-RIGs) generate the most profits. Use them to replace GGs.

- Move all future recolor RIGs to Loyal's Bazaar.

- Move all past and future Club Verge items to Loyal's Bazaar. Close Club Verge.

- Replace Club Verge and random GC discounts by GC reward tiers based on the monthly amount spent. If a user spends over a certain amount, they get a certain amount of extra GC to spend at the end of the month.

- Instead of overpricing GC items around holidays, implement a GC sink of sorts with global reward tiers. If users collectively spend over a certain amount, all the users who spent GC get a bonus exclusive item. Pair this incentive with lower Cash Shop prices.

- Implement a large month-long gold sink where the top individual rewards are raffle for Tickets and other very rare and very desired perks/items. Make the achievement rewards expensive but less than they are now.

- Update Dernier*Cri every month with exclusive limited-time items.

- Turn Rococo into the artist-feature store it should have been. Update it monthly, each month with a series of items from a different artist and a RIG containing all of the items they created in the past. In the release announcement, include background information about the artist, and a word from the artist. Use the store as a portfolio of sorts.

- Keep GC releases out of the gold shops. (Looking at you, Faktori.)

- Increase the posting/voting earnings, but only slightly. Just add one zero.

- Create an [Animal]-exclusive interactive space in Towns with free item grants and other exclusive perks. Basically, work on incentive for people to use the [Animal] bases. Once a certain quota is attained, release more [Animal] items for gold.

- Work on a schedule for Project releases. Never release a Project unless all the previous requests have been completed.

- Slow down on the daily GC item releases--one regular item a day and one limited item a week is enough. Compensate with 1 mini-RIGs with original items and 2 bundles every month.

- Complete and implement the new inventory arranger. Include more custom "boxes" or categories that can be accessed via the dress-up page.

- Give final word on which features were officially scrapped. Scrap the pet system and the marriage system. Use end-of-the-month announcements for a more detailed preview of the upcoming month.

- Put zOMG on indefinite hiatus, but invest most profit in an update once enough money has been earned to allow it.

- Release more Alchemy formulas/features.

- Hire a team of people to test the site for glitches, missing links, typos, etc.

- Hire a team of people to work on a new mobile app. Make them contractual employees instead of outsourcing the project.

- Limit the number of announcements per day. Only re-announce limited items, and only if their quantity is still above 50% after 2-3 days.

- Convert GC discount announcements into this little beauty.

- Make flash games available to everyone without necessarily entering a tournament.

- Update the Housing system, but only after offering a significant amount of new housing items and making sure they were popular enough to make the housing update worth the investment. If necessary, add a GC-only premium furniture store. Inform the users that there is a correlation between purchasing housing items and getting an update.

- Never, ever act like site events and manga updates are expendable. Work on making the site's characters and storylines omnipresent.

- Re-release a Dice Roll-esque RIG containing a bunch of rare/expensive items, minus the gold. Also re-release the Monthly Collectibles RIG twice a year (Christmas + Summer Sale).

- Actually listen to demands of certain item re-releases. Have staff browse the SF and the GCD relatively frequently. Work on PR.

- Be more transparent instead of waiting until users start asking questions.

- In fact, explain to the userbase that significant profit is necessary in order to implement the features they ask for. Remind them that Gaia isn't just a website or an online community, but a company--that is, a bunch of people working on a thing that needs to make more money than it costs to keep it running. Word this carefully as to not make it seem like it's an ultimatum.

- Re-hire an economist.

- Install a really nice espresso machine in the office lounge.

Just this

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces