Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think this would be a more effective method of hosting Gaia cash sales?

Yes 0.95833333333333 95.8% [ 161 ]
No 0.017857142857143 1.8% [ 3 ]
Other/Neutral 0.023809523809524 2.4% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 168 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

HD LCD's Wife

Eloquent Lunatic

I was thinking about how Gaia has nearly stopped hosting sales on Gaia cash because of user complaints about the constant announcements. Obviously, it's not the sales that people don't like, it's the constant obtrusive announcements.

The community wants discounts, and discounts help boost sales for gaia. It seems nobody is winning in the current situation. Which is silly, because it seems to me that it could easily be fixed.

Why not still host discounts, but do away with the announcements?
Notification of the sale could be made by a discreet shining/animated Gaia cash symbol that displays a message when hovered over with the mouse.

Below is a rough example of the idea.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Perfect Saint

I like it.
Sometimes, I actually forget to look at the smaller ad banner.

Eloquent Elder

20,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
That is a brilliant idea.

Lonely Phantom

11,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
The only issue is some people might not see it... but then again they probably weren't thinking about buying GC if they weren't looking at it, XD

HD LCD's Wife

Eloquent Lunatic

Dictator Von Roulette
The only issue is some people might not see it... but then again they probably weren't thinking about buying GC if they weren't looking at it, XD
They could do fancy animation that would make it eye-catching. But yeah, the idea is that people who are thinking about buying Gaia cash will see it and watch for it. And for people who don't want to buy Gaia cash, it's not forcing them to view anything. :3

Unicorn

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pushing it somewhere else, though I hope they dont make this too intrusive. If it was flashing and shining, it might be equally as annoying.

HD LCD's Wife

Eloquent Lunatic

dreamsk

Pushing it somewhere else, though I hope they dont make this too intrusive. If it was flashing and shining, it might be equally as annoying.
True, but I think it would have to be REALLY, REALLLLY big and shiny and flashy to become annoying. There are already animations in the header, and they really blend in. With that small gc icon, I don't see it being an issue. You never know what they'll do though rolleyes

Anti Inquisitor

This is a wonderful idea Volvy

Alien Sex Symbol

You are a genius.
this is a perfect solution.
marry me? emotion_kirakira

HD LCD's Wife

Eloquent Lunatic

Ophelia Laments
You are a genius.
redface

Alien Sex Symbol

Volvaran the Dragon
Ophelia Laments
You are a genius.
redface

redface

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Volvaran the Dragon
dreamsk

True, but I think it would have to be REALLY, REALLLLY big and shiny and flashy to become annoying. There are already animations in the header, and they really blend in. With that small gc icon, I don't see it being an issue. You never know what they'll do though rolleyes
lol ...Actually I adblock those every time they pop up.

But this seems like something I wouldn't be able to block (flash, not a simple image).

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
why not make the whole black oval behind the cash amount slowly flash yellow? that way it's noticeable but not annoying! if it flashed fast it would be a pain. domokun stargate

HD LCD's Wife

Eloquent Lunatic

2sarahgate
why not make the whole black oval behind the cash amount slowly flash yellow? that way it's noticeable but not annoying! if it flashed fast it would be a pain. domokun stargate
Interesting variation but I think the white text displaying the amount of gaia cash would go nearly invisible while the background was yellow. So design-wise, not sure that would be the best solution. But yeah, I'm sure Gaia would play around a bit with exactly how the animation would be displayed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff