Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toxic Trendsetter

The Doubly Fantastic Couples Avatar Contest!
The Winners are in the second post!

Hi Gaians! Liam and Sam are pretty close, right? So are Ian and Rufus, and Kanoko and Rina! It seems like there are cute duos popping up all over the site! We have a feeling there are going to be some great matched sets stealing the spotlight pretty soon, too. In honor of all the great partnerships taking place around Gaia, power duo Arlette and Rance are hosting a special Avatar Contest! This one is pretty unique, so read the rules closely!

The theme for this one is Couples! Pick your most trusted partner in crime, and submit some great matched ensembles!

How to Enter: Find a partner and work together to make some complimentary outfits! Post in this thread and use the "Show Friends" Post Action to display your partner's avatar alongside your own! Use the following format for your post or your entry will not be considered:

Username:
Partner's Username:
Theme: (this can be a short description or explanation of your submission)

The submission period will be ending on March 22nd at 11:59 AM PDT! Remember, don't change your avatars until the winners are announced in this thread! The awesome prizes will be as follows:

2 First Place Couples
    User Image and User Image for each person!

4 Second Place Couples
    User ImageUser Image for each person!

8 Third Place Couples
    User Image for each person!

Honorable Mention Couples
    User Image for each person!

Mystery Bonus Winners: Rumor has it that the best Cosplay Couple, Funny Couple, Romcom Couple, and Paws Couple will all win a special prize!

Rules:
    * Only one member of the couple needs to post the entry!
    * Images of posted avatars in your reply will NOT be considered entries. The avatar you have equipped and the avatar in your "Show Friends" box will be the only ones considered.
    * You may use Backgrounds in your "Show Friends" box, but they will not affect your entry.
    * This is for couples, not singles, trios, quads or anything else!
    * You do not need to be Married to your partner to enter.
    * Please coordinate with your partner to plan your entry. Don't submit their avatar without permission!
    * Submitting you and your mule account is extremely unfair, so please don't do it!
    * Posting multiple times will not affect your chances of winning, but feel free to hang out!
    * Disclaimer: Judges' opinions are totally subjective!

Have fun, Gaians! The winners will be posted in this thread as soon as the judging is completed, so check back to see the results (and your competition!)

Optional Discussions:

What are your favorite matched outfit sets on Gaia?
Do you and your friends or significant others coordinate outfits on Gaia or IRL?
What do you think of Arlette Mori and Rance Clear's Hipster Royalty entry?! biggrin
Share a story about a best friend or romantic interest you click with!

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
The Winners Are In!

Congrats Gaians! There were so many good entries that we had to add some extra winners into some categories because we simply couldn't narrow it down! Click the avatars below to visit the designer's profile to give them a quick congratulations. Here are your final winners:

First Place

User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image

Second Place

User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image

Third Place

User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image

Best Paws

User ImageUser Image

Best Cosplay

User ImageUser Image

Funniest Couple

User ImageUser Image

Honorable Mentions

User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image
    User ImageUser Image

Thanks to everyone who participated! You all did an amazing job! Winners, your prizes are on the way or already waiting in your inventory. Enjoy!

Shoujo Warrior

Congratulations to everyone heart

TyyQuit's Wife

Sex Symbol

Username: Mrs Explicit
Partner's Username: Stay Peachy
Theme: Peachy is a twin of me but in paw form! We are true partners in crime! We tried to find matching outfits for both human form and animal form. We agreed on the white and yellow theme because it was cute!

Familiar Punk

Username: lVlinerva
Partner's Username: INicolae
Theme: I guess punk, we just tried to match each other as best we could!
Edit: two words.

Loyal Wife

OMG YEEESSSSS I WILL ENTER MANY OF OUR AVIS

Username: Sugar Shy Studios
Partner's Username: Xavier Moralis
Theme: A succubus and her summoner. This magician was in the middle of a ritual when this foxy little thing came out of the dimensional portal and seduced her way into his heart into letting her stick around.

Friendly Dreamer

Sad that I'm Gaia single. sad

Edit: It's ok everyone. I paired up with NothingGold here.

Memoirii's Bae

Stone-cold Girl

Username: Cocoskitten
Partner's Username: Memoirii
Theme: We are mythical deities reigning over the land and the sky!

This amazing sky goddess is my favorite companion! She's been there for me through all my joys and heartbreaks, and she keeps me "level-headed" even when those land-humans try to mess up my day! Whenever she visits, I make sure my swamps and fields are rich with life and energy. The sky can be so barren at times, I wonder where all the sky-humans are :')
Aww both of you are so cute <3 redface

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

Fashionable Kitten

5,925 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Oh my gosh this sounds fun heart

Celestial Lunatic

25,875 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Married 100

Demonic Lover

Username: SuccuViv
Partner's Username: Siegfred Schlechter
Theme: Our avis are usually nowhere near close in theme but manage to look nice together, opposites and all <3

KindofLame's Princess

Familiar Conventioneer

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas