Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
Watch it be something stupid where you up/downvote an individual post in a thread... It won't actually move, just tell other people that others like or dislike whatever you said.

Hopefully it will be a gold sink where you pay some amount, and wait for mods to approve your thread to be featured on an individual hot topic page. There are lots of threads that would take advantage of that from RP's to Art threads to breeadables. There are guilds or just hang out threads that may wish to be promoted.

Either way it will probably be ruined/stupid somehow, gosh I hope not.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Ninja Katze
Watch it be something stupid where you up/downvote an individual post in a thread... It won't actually move, just tell other people that others like or dislike whatever you said.

Hopefully it will be a gold sink where you pay some amount, and wait for mods to approve your thread to be featured on an individual hot topic page. There are lots of threads that would take advantage of that from RP's to Art threads to breeadables. There are guilds or just hang out threads that may wish to be promoted.

Wouldn't that almost be like tipping in a way? o.O

And I doubt its something that will be on a featured page but maybe. xD

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

My best bet that it might be a "reblogging" thing. sweatdrop

-~--~-

Ruthless Shapeshifter

I am highly skeptical to see how this works. : /
It just sounds bad all around.

>>; I mean it would be nice, as a shop owner myself,
to have my thread advertized...but thinking about mass
pimping might not be so good like what happens
to profiles in avatar spotlight. D:

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Maybe it'll just be another gold sink where you can pay to have your post more noticeable. Or like an up-voting system where if other users like your reply they can vote it up.

Magical Senshi

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Advertising? No thanks I'd rather work for my thread's activity rather than have it handed to me on a silver platter.

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
Meromictic
Ninja Katze

Wouldn't that almost be like tipping in a way? o.O

And I doubt its something that will be on a featured page but maybe. xD

"Gaia, website of wasted features"

That is almost exactly like the tip jar, accept it can also visibly tell you, and anyone reading the thread, that others DON'T like you and/or agree with you, or vice versa... If that's what they do, it will be another way for people to harass other posters, this time at the very heart, on their actual post... Hopefully the notice for it can be turned off. emotion_facepalm I will not be looking forward to something like that, IF that's even remotely correct.

I hope they do something similar to thread advertising. It will probably be another completely wasted feature to me.

Witty Nymph

Krissim Klaw
Pimp my post. I will have to see it in action before I have any opinion on it. Maybe it will be like a bump feature without actually needing to post a bump?

I like this concept, it would definitely cut down on useless "bump" posts that spam up a forum when people want it to be seen.

Gracious Gaian

6,700 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Slick Southpaw
Man, all I'm wondering is if you can get some cool achievement title out of it....

Yeah that would be a bonus ! At first I just though I should get more people on here that I could help enjoy everything and hang out with cuz some of these people are sometimes mean hey lol. How do you suppose I could get a title for it. If I can recal I do know you get some kind of reward for inviting friends to gaia and more if they register but I forgot how that works. I'm using my shitty blackberry to go on gaia now cuz I don't have internet access on my laptop anymore sad but yeah if you could direct me some how on how I can get more out of this I would highly appreciate it !!!

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

Eh, I'm not sure what I think just yet... will have to see it in action, but it sounds like it has some really bad potential.

...no straight thing was ever made."

Kawaii Bunny

I'm not sure. I suppose it would be useful if I was trying to get the firestarter acheivement or something, then I could promote that post and get it quicker.

Although seeing as I seem to have no plans to use such a feature for something useful, I imagine a load of other people will be promoting complete nonsense too.

Dapper Dabbler

If it's something along the lines of a "like" counter for posts, that might actually be useful--give people a way to show "Yeah I agree with this!" without having to post if they don't actually have anything to say. Although really, if they were going to do that, it would probably be easier to just change how tipping works so it displays "number of tips" or whatever on every post...

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Promot-Ing My Post

I'm sorry sad

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
DC-Chan
All I'm thinking of is obnoxious font colors and a ton of bedazzler apps.

I can't wait. emotion_dowant

ooh yeah size 24 bold glittery curse words all around the borders yum_strawberrypie

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Please nooooooooo gonk

It's shitty enough that IRL only people with money get listened to!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff