Welcome to Gaia! ::

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
Kaderach
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I managed to obtain a Rainbow Ticket from Flynn's Plunder!
        Dunno what I'm going to recolor with it, but I'm excited to find out~ emotion_bigheart

its tough to choose but hope you can make something you like!! ^^

buckethead33's Partner

I just managed to get my hands on a pair of those weird Peasant glove recolors. rofl

They don't really go with my style.

Star-Crossed Gentleman

60,675 Points
  • Tree of Life 500
  • A True Gentleman 500
  • Smol Grump 500
Lithium Filth
Kid Jak

Rina bought the other two paws tickets. ... that makes 4 paws tickets they have.

I didn't watch them because I knew it would just make me sad, but I know they bid on two other tickets a couple times as well.
At least it drained them of some gold????

ONE TICKET PER ACCOUNT UNTIL REDEEMED. WHY IS THAT SO HARD.

User Image

But people would just use mule accounts to have more tickets...

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Sir Dark Hat
Lithium Filth
Kid Jak

Rina bought the other two paws tickets. ... that makes 4 paws tickets they have.

I didn't watch them because I knew it would just make me sad, but I know they bid on two other tickets a couple times as well.

http://i.imgur.com/c1IaOob.gif

True, but you'd only be able to sell and trade it on that mule.
It'd make things more difficult, at least. And not everyone has 4+ accounts.

Or they could just enact a month long expiration date.

User Image

Star-Crossed Gentleman

60,675 Points
  • Tree of Life 500
  • A True Gentleman 500
  • Smol Grump 500
Lithium Filth
Sir Dark Hat
Lithium Filth
Kid Jak

User Image

Expiration date is fine as long as they take into account that some people wait over a month for initial approval of the ticket.

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Razumi Yazura
I don't like that idea, but only since I'm gathering funds to get multiple tickets. I'm actually planning to get seven rainbow tickets for an art contest. sweatdrop Bi-monthly rounds, so I need 6 tickets and then a 7th for the final set of prizes that counts all the entries in that given year.

I want to make other ways for people to attain tickets and that idea would hinder what I'm trying to do unless I drop a ticket onto mules.

Mm, fair enough I suppose. But at the same time.. I mean. 7 rainbows for anyone is crazy to just be holding onto, contest or no. I don't know, I won't touch that as I'm sure we'll disagree a LOT. x3

At the very least the system is too lax, I think most people can agree on that. It'd be ideal if plunder tickets would have an expiration date, at least then it would stop people who just have the gold to burn to buy them and hold onto them.

Not everyone can draw :3 That tends to be one of the bigger complaints with 'smaller' gaians trying to get tickets. They can't draw to get the funds to even buy a ticket. So an art contest for one doesn't exactly help the little issue.

User Image

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Lithium Filth

User Image
An expiration date would be worse. gonk Definitely not a fan. That would also put a lot of pressure on Gaia staff since it normally takes much longer than a month to approve the email and to take the ticket out of a user's inventory.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Lithium Filth
Sir Dark Hat
Lithium Filth
Kid Jak

User Image

Maybe a little longer than a month? Even recolors should be carefully considered. For some who work a really long time on getting that ticket and perhaps adjusting the design (and of course you would know about the long road and design work personally) it might be easier because you're ready the moment you have it, but for those who win it and have to make a decision on what to do with said ticket a month might be a little quick...maybe two months though we know some of the new tickets have had a quicker timeline.

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
sup-qt

ooh cool! I was hoping to see the amount they went for, but was too late to see (so thanks for posting this!)

The 6.8t is about what I got my rainbow for so I'm happy to see that and hope more tickets are sold for this price. (I would have been super jelly if it had gone for 2t, but also really happy if it went to someone who was gonna use it)

Glad Jak could nab another paw ticket for the fish collection :p

No prob :3
I added them to my watchlist for that reason. Terribly curious. And some of the tickets were on my 'I wish in the future', so it's important to know what they ACTUALLY sell for, not what people are asking for :3

Rainbows have been dropping a lot thankfully. I hope they drop more. 5t seems like an ideal spot, considering the absurd amount of gold flushed from the system recently. I mean the flynns auction alone sunk over 100t. So thats 500t+ in two months. And 20t is about what full golds were valued at back when there were 6 of them on the market. Its good, hopefully its a sign everything is going back down to its 'original' price. Deflation of tickets, if you will.

I'm happy for Jak haha <3

User Image

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Sir Dark Hat

Expiration date is fine as long as they take into account that some people wait over a month for initial approval of the ticket.

razz Emails are sent with a date, so it'd be easy for them to keep track of.

User Image

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
Lithium Filth

Mm, fair enough I suppose. But at the same time.. I mean. 7 rainbows for anyone is crazy to just be holding onto, contest or no. I don't know, I won't touch that as I'm sure we'll disagree a LOT. x3

At the very least the system is too lax, I think most people can agree on that. It'd be ideal if plunder tickets would have an expiration date, at least then it would stop people who just have the gold to burn to buy them and hold onto them.

Not everyone can draw :3 That tends to be one of the bigger complaints with 'smaller' gaians trying to get tickets. They can't draw to get the funds to even buy a ticket. So an art contest for one doesn't exactly help the little issue.

User Image
Not a lot of artists are good at managing funds to get tickets by normal means, so it's still an option for an audience that normally would not be able to attain it. It's not meant to be easy to do by any means, but it's still an alternate option.

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Razumi Yazura
Lithium Filth

An expiration date would be worse. gonk Definitely not a fan. That would also put a lot of pressure on Gaia staff since it normally takes much longer than a month to approve the email and to take the ticket out of a user's inventory.

x3 Its just a thought is all.

Staff has mentioned plenty of times that they hate tickets being bought and sold as currency without being used. Hell, I know of a person whos had a plat for a full YEAR trying to sell it, and there are plenty more like that.

And theres no way they wouldn't put tickets into flynns without the intention of their use? Staff are in control of Flynns stuff, so if staff was too busy they could always not put tickets in? I'm only talking of Flynns stuff specifically though. Alchemized/pulled tickets are an entirely different thing.

Tickets are a strange thing.
User Image

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
Lithium Filth

x3 Its just a thought is all.

Staff has mentioned plenty of times that they hate tickets being bought and sold as currency without being used. Hell, I know of a person whos had a plat for a full YEAR trying to sell it, and there are plenty more like that.

And theres no way they wouldn't put tickets into flynns without the intention of their use? Staff are in control of Flynns stuff, so if staff was too busy they could always not put tickets in? I'm only talking of Flynns stuff specifically though. Alchemized/pulled tickets are an entirely different thing.

Tickets are a strange thing.
User Image
I've had a ticket for a full year, but I intend on using it. I had someone working on the mocks for me since I'm busy with work IRL, but they disappeared, so I have to redraw the mocks on my own once I do have time. I'm very specific with what I want and I just want to be clear with the idea as well as make things easier for Gaia's artists as much as possible.

Suppose the perfectionist side of me is my downfall when it comes to your ideas. I also have a rainbow ticket banked on the side since my intentions are to recolour the item right away. sweatdrop

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Razumi Yazura
I've had a ticket for a full year, but I intend on using it. I had someone working on the mocks for me since I'm busy with work IRL, but they disappeared, so I have to redraw the mocks on my own once I do have time. I'm very specific with what I want and I just want to be clear with the idea as well as make things easier for Gaia's artists as much as possible.

Suppose the perfectionist side of me is my downfall when it comes to your ideas. I also have a rainbow ticket banked on the side since my intentions are to recolour the item right away. sweatdrop

x3 I know you have. I'm still waiting on seeing those ideas too razz

Eh. My issues with it just rises from watching the same people pick up tickets with the intention of selling for profits. So many users out there wanting those tickets that could never obtain them because of whats essentially a monopoly. And the recent Plunder auction kinda proved that, with the exact same users buying tickets they already had, that they've been trying to sell for months. And I'm 1000% sure they'll ask for prices three times what they payed because they can, because theres no penalty for holding onto it for ever and ever.

Tickets are different from items. Items make sense to hoard and resell over and over again. But tickets were implemented with the idea of giving the community the ability to make something, to contribute to the site. And people just buy them up and trade them like they're the new halo. Hell, I'd hazard to say theres close to 100 tickets right now out there, that the holders have no intention of using and are just waiting to grab as much gold as possible.

I mean, I'm friends with some of the people that have those tickets, that have hoarded them with the intention of profit. It's nothing against them. The system ALLOWS for it. You can't hate people for knowing how to take advantage of the system. It should just be better is all I'm saying.

User Image

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

Congrats to the winners~ emotion_yatta

Can't wait to see what people come up with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff