Welcome to Gaia! ::

fxxkin demon

I am a big fan of a lot NPCs. Old Man Logan, Baine, Mills, Kracken, Ivan and of course Edmund.

I don't write fan fiction or do drawings. I just think they are cool characters and I like following their adventures through the manga and RIGs. It's as simple as that.

PK Flash's Datemate

Dangerous Rogue

18,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
I think it's a lot of fun on Gaia. You're already personalising your avatar, why not make that character interact with NPCs and such on Gaia? I've got the SDPlus Dolls of my favourites, and if I really like the character design I'll probably want art with the NPC. I've got two characters who have a pretty solid place in Gaia and several NPCs I see them interacting with, even if I don't bother writing it or anything. And I love seeing what my friends come up with, too. Also, Moira and Edmund ftw!!

Magnificent Moonbeam
I feel I'm too smart to write fanfictions involving an NPC and avatar as an OC

...ouch. <.< While I've never written fanfic of an OC and NPC, I won't knock people who do. Especially since I've written a lot of fanfic in my time.

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Kotton Belle
I think it's a lot of fun on Gaia. You're already personalising your avatar, why not make that character interact with NPCs and such on Gaia? I've got the SDPlus Dolls of my favourites, and if I really like the character design I'll probably want art with the NPC. I've got two characters who have a pretty solid place in Gaia and several NPCs I see them interacting with, even if I don't bother writing it or anything. And I love seeing what my friends come up with, too. Also, Moira and Edmund ftw!!

Magnificent Moonbeam
I feel I'm too smart to write fanfictions involving an NPC and avatar as an OC

...ouch. <.< While I've never written fanfic of an OC and NPC, I won't knock people who do. Especially since I've written a lot of fanfic in my time.
I see. Sorry for that. I never did write fanfiction like that, though I respect people who do. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
Brightfires
I don't really get it, myself... I guess it just reminds me too much of the awful fan fiction a friend keeps finding and subjecting me too. (She's the absolute master of finding bad fic, I swear, and just LOVES torturing all of her friends with it. gonk ) The worst ones always seem to be self-insertion pairings...

That said, as long as the people who do go in for that sort of thing can keep a relatively level head and don't become TOO annoying, no harm done. Let them have their fun.

Just don't, in the name of all that's holy, write *so* badly about it that I end up having to read it! rofl

Have you read the one where Megatron gives birth to Optimus Primes' child?
It's well-written, which somehow just makes it a hundred times more horrifying. gonk

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
The only reasons why I don't pair myself with a canon character (of any fandom) as a love interest are because...

A. They may have already been paired with a certain love intrest in the canon (because I like to stick true to the canon of a fictional universe).

B. They may already have fans that seem to be fawning over him/her/it and I don't want to end up competing with everyone else.

Reason "B" is also one of the resaons why I have a certain male OC paired with me.
... For the time being. cat_ninja

(Maybe I should've gotten around to making a webcomic of my own... cat_crying )

Big Bunny

✦ yea u cud prob find hentai of them if u rly tried

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
NPC Crushes; How do you feel about them?
How do I feel about NPC crushes? I personally think that. . As long as nobody is killing each other over them, they're perfectly fine.
Do they irritate you or do you just sort of ignore them? And maybe some of you that have them can explain why.
They don't irritate me at all, as I have a small crush on a couple NPCs (Moira and Edmund to be exact). I'm not killing anybody over them, so I know it's harmless.

Enigmatic Superstar

24,900 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bold Glow 150
Moonstone Dazzle
I am sort of stupidly in love with Monsieur Loyal, the Ringmaster. We only got him in the Cirque RIG, and Love Charm II... but god damn, Love Charm II was perfect for me. The b*****d's unfairly attractive, I tell you what.

User Image

I usually don't like psychopaths, but this b*****d. God damn.

I sort of want to get art with him.

I'm also a shameless Monsieur Loyal fangirl, with Nicolae as a close second~.

I went as far as to make a Monsieur Loyal RP tumblr, but I'm not sure how well I play him. >_<;;

Handsome Man-Lover

Not gonna lie, I have a major thing for Cresento and Stein, pretty much since the moment I first came across them. Though in my case I think it's a bit of visual>character thing.
Cresento has the whole white hair+dark skin thing going on which is a major weakness of mine and Stein has the zombie thing going along with being a snappy dresser.
They're both kinda stand-off-ish though...so maybe I have a type after all XD

So long as fangirling (or boying as it is) stays in moderation there are no downsides to it, really. Just don't become delusional @_@

Being a fan of something usually has mostly positive effects; brings people together and inspires creativity.

Hot Dog

I adore most of our NPCs, heck I'd go lesbian for most of them *cough* Kanoko *cough*. I guess its all about perspective, people have their own canons in mind and simply fantasize just to satisfy themselves.

I myself am fond with a totally fictional character, Roronoa Zoro, if I we're to go to the OP-verse I'd probably be the biggest slvt out there.

emotion_drool

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
MistressMinako
Ever think people are doing it just to have a little fun? Not everything needs to be academically defended.

You mean you *don't* have a 500 page essay on why your NPC should marry and love you forever and how you're going to blackmail Gaia into a digital wedding?

How could you. emotion_donotwant

Are you ever going to change your avatar? xD

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Yilanti Midnight
MistressMinako
Ever think people are doing it just to have a little fun? Not everything needs to be academically defended.

You mean you *don't* have a 500 page essay on why your NPC should marry and love you forever and how you're going to blackmail Gaia into a digital wedding?

How could you. emotion_donotwant

Are you ever going to change your avatar? xD

Well I'm not one to talk as I might have a massive sprawling AU that crosses over Yu-Gi-Oh with Tiger & Bunny >>;

I thought about it. This is more fun though, for now.

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
I have a crush on Liam and Nicolae, but I don't really go super far with it. I have gotten art free during an event of me and Liam but it was just a cute little chibi thing. Some people do take it pretty far--but for most it's just all in good fun.

Blessed Waffles

Yeata Zi
-sigh- NPC UFO 07. Love of my gaia life.

I think he loved me as well.

He told me he'd miss me most of all the night he left Gaia....in a way reminiscent of Dorothy's good bye to the scare crow in the wizard of oz.

Yup.

I still hold out that one day he'll come back and we can rekindle our... whatever we had.....

My NPC Crush is amazing.

In the same boat with Sorn. heart

I like quite a few NPCs, but the closest I ever came to a "crush" was when this was my main and was almost constantly in character during the Zurg event. I would consider that a bit different than normal NPC crushes, because the Zurg actually heavily interacted with Gaians/Gaia Users, and grew and developed relationships with many of us. At the time, I was very much in to role-playing, so when I saw the opportunity to get so involved with the Gaia plot, I buckled my IC-seatbelt and dove in. My IC Gaian's feelings, however, never bled in to real life. I was never really in love with Sorn, but she was and still is.

I think it's "normal" to develop crushes like the one's you're talking about, because with how little background most NPCs have, it's easy to project personalities and qualities of a desirable partner on to them. There's no fear of rejection because there ... can't really be any until/unless a canon relationship is set up for them, but even then, the only limit is one's imagination.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
.Really Jacked Up.
Yeata Zi
-sigh- NPC UFO 07. Love of my gaia life.

I think he loved me as well.

He told me he'd miss me most of all the night he left Gaia....in a way reminiscent of Dorothy's good bye to the scare crow in the wizard of oz.

Yup.

I still hold out that one day he'll come back and we can rekindle our... whatever we had.....

My NPC Crush is amazing.

In the same boat with Sorn. heart

I like quite a few NPCs, but the closest I ever came to a "crush" was when this was my main and was almost constantly in character during the Zurg event. I would consider that a bit different than normal NPC crushes, because the Zurg actually heavily interacted with Gaians/Gaia Users, and grew and developed relationships with many of us. At the time, I was very much in to role-playing, so when I saw the opportunity to get so involved with the Gaia plot, I buckled my IC-seatbelt and dove in. My IC Gaian's feelings, however, never bled in to real life. I was never really in love with Sorn, but she was and still is.

I think it's "normal" to develop crushes like the one's you're talking about, because with how little background most NPCs have, it's easy to project personalities and qualities of a desirable partner on to them. There's no fear of rejection because there ... can't really be any until/unless a canon relationship is set up for them, but even then, the only limit is one's imagination.

emotion_brofist One day our princes will come back.

Only, probably never.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces