Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Warrior

Shannon2112

Do wish Gaia had more fabulous shoes, though. Or boots that went over pants.

Yes. I wish they had more boots that did that. I'm wearing leggings to go for the look.
*tips x100*

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
when you're wavering and you know it make a mule
smile biggrin
smile biggrin
when you're wavering and you know it and your inventory shows it
smile biggrin

when you're wavering and you know it dress the mule
3nodding 4laugh
3nodding 4laugh
when you're wavering and you know it and you're buying clothes to clothe it
3nodding 4laugh

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
A Redhead Angel
Einrick
I've considered picking up an Angel Imp potion and changing. My biggest problem though (besides the graphical glitch with his hair) is that basically none of the current outfits I like would look good with it. I mean, I suppose I could put on a purple skin when I wanted to wear shoes, but that kind of defeats the purpose if most of my dress-up choices involve not being an imp.

You know that even with a skin an imp can't wear shoes.

Just curious, why purple skin?

No, I not know that. The things I still need to learn, eh?

I mention purple skin because I tend to wear a lot of different purples. Also, because I bought one for cheap some time ago.

Invisible Player

Einrick
A Redhead Angel
Einrick
I've considered picking up an Angel Imp potion and changing. My biggest problem though (besides the graphical glitch with his hair) is that basically none of the current outfits I like would look good with it. I mean, I suppose I could put on a purple skin when I wanted to wear shoes, but that kind of defeats the purpose if most of my dress-up choices involve not being an imp.

You know that even with a skin an imp can't wear shoes.

Just curious, why purple skin?

No, I not know that. The things I still need to learn, eh?

I mention purple skin because I tend to wear a lot of different purples. Also, because I bought one for cheap some time ago.

It upset me too when I learned I couldn't wear shoes even with a skin. Very sad.

Invisible Player

Existential Existence
smile biggrin
smile biggrin
smile biggrin

3nodding 4laugh
3nodding 4laugh
3nodding 4laugh

That is beautiful. whee

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
A Redhead Angel
Existential Existence
smile biggrin
smile biggrin
smile biggrin

3nodding 4laugh
3nodding 4laugh
3nodding 4laugh

That is beautiful. whee

i also subscribe to the Church of Mule. wherein i will make an account and hop on over it just to use excess inventory to dress it. "existential existence' actually started off as a mule. but i dressed this one more 'cause i wanted my older main to keep it's specific style, then i spent less time on that account and more time on this account...dun dun dun....

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
Sometimes I do feel a bit restricted, being a cat and all; particularly with many face mods. They all just seem to work better on human skin, and I don't like using that often.

But for the most part, I just try to work with items and poses I rarely use and go from there. This one, I'd originally made it on top of the BOO skin, but it fit rather well with my base, so I'm happy with it.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
I don't have any set avi nor base nor character which I always keep. I do tend to wear a lot of purple, but if I feel like wearing something else I just go in the dressup room and change my avatar smile Also, most of the times, I usually ends up keeping my avatar for 1-2 weeks before I get bored of it. It's hard to see new items I like without using them afterall XD

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Existential Existence
smile biggrin
smile biggrin
smile biggrin

3nodding 4laugh
3nodding 4laugh
3nodding 4laugh

When you're wavering and you know it buy new clothes
3nodding 4laugh
When you're wavering and you know it and you have way too much clothes
3nodding 4laugh
When you're wavering and you know it make another mule
sweatdrop rofl

Hesitant Mystic

Nope, no set base or character.
For about a half a second I thought I wanted to make my avi into a vampire girl all the time...but it felt so constricting, I don't know how people do it. sweatdrop

I change my skin, face and hair waaaay too much to stick with just one theme. :3
I do seem to use the sundae lips (or lips similar to them) a lot though, if that counts.

Stellar Succubus

I have a base I work around. Turns out it was someone else's and I didn't realise. But I love it too much to change. I'll keep at it and evolve it a little... try and break out of it a bit whilst holding to what I like about the style.

Angelic Nitemare

A Redhead Angel
Ridley Starsmore
A Redhead Angel
Man, you people with bases make me feel like I am abandoning myself, even if you don't mean too. lol
Tell you what. If you change and decide you do not like it, I will buy you one angel imp potion so you can change back. Sound like a plan?

Awww Rids...you've been there since the beginning lol. I need good shoe ideas...my inventory is lacking
I wear the ones I have on a lot. Most rei have a shoe or shoe like substitute.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

I've been wearing Imaginary Friend + Charming Blush for about 18 months now & these have been my super active months on Gaia. It just started with my liking the Imaginary Friend skin & wearing it sometimes, and then the sometimes turned into more often, which somehow turned into almost all the time.

If I'm building an avatar, I start with this base which I have saved in my wardrobe (my avi also always wears Silver Sequin Bikini Bottoms unless something I'm wearing bumps them off, because grey undies are boring), and go from there. I wear other skins sometimes as well, but I wouldn't see skin coloured for months at a time. Actually, I needed to dress up skin-coloured for a themed event & suddenly realised that I'd bought & put on one of the smoothie potions on their release & was pink.

I wear it because it doesn't really feel like Zzyli if I'm not, but I don't feel constrained by it. There are some things which look strange with my base, but I've got plenty of avi options. If I do ever feel like a change, I don't feel guilty about it, but I still find myself gravitating back to my base after I'm done with that avi.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Undead Enchantress

I had planned to be a permanent 2k4 zombie, but Gaia changed things up. When we got the gambino egg in 2k10, I wore the skin for more than a year. I'm back to being a grombie. I did try a normal skin for a couple of months, but pasty gray is really more my color.

Big Bunny

gaia_diamond gaia_diamond gaia_diamond yum_coldone emotion_bigheart
      ✦ since i cover my avi with so many items i never change my base but sometimes i get bored with my eyes/hair and look for some nicer items

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff