Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Like the the title of the thread says, what item do you see people wearing frequently and is there an item you feel is being abused more then it should be?

For me, it is the Bunnie hair from Band of Bremen, any pose from Sainte Ciel: Agape, and the Lusty Scoundrel shiny skin. I see those items ALL the time. Thoughts? Feel free to rage and let it all out. cool

(Yes I am a hypocrite BTW.)

dancing_ice's Fangirl

I see Oisin's eyes used very often, but I don't see its appeal personally. I won't call it abused though. blaugh
My brain is still stuck in the past with the Gaia T-shirt, green grass skirt, slippers, etc. I don't even know what items are used and abused anymore XP

Stellar Succubus

To be fair, the agape scissors are the single best pose on Gaia!

I dunno, I'm sitting here thinking, and every item that comes up just makes me think "but it works on those avatars..."

I do, however, remember when we all got the starmony free. And the rainbowsplosion here at least was undeniable.

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
VVhip

I dunno, I'm sitting here thinking, and every item that comes up just makes me think "but it works on those avatars..."

I do, however, remember when we all got the starmony free. And the rainbowsplosion here at least was undeniable.

I remember when starmony was everywhere too. People used to use the "I am" pose a lot. xd

Stellar Succubus

Flarie Hanami
VVhip

I remember when starmony was everywhere too. People used to use the "I am" pose a lot. xd

It was the influx of rainbow themed avatars that got me. I joined in, naturally. But pretty much the same rainbow items were being used... because what else goes with rainbow but more rainbow.

:3

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Goddamn bunny slippers...

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
VVhip

It was the influx of rainbow themed avatars that got me. I joined in, naturally. But pretty much the same rainbow items were being used... because what else goes with rainbow but more rainbow.

:3

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

I have no idea what you're talking about

I think the use of items tends to run in trends & also depend on which part of Gaia you look at. Here in the GCD, we tend to love new shiny items & it's pretty common to see avatars based on the newest bundle or REI. So, currently there's lots of Rosamund's Redemption/ Band of Bremen avatars. When something else exciting comes out, I'm sure that people will change things up & be wearing the latest item.

I think that we'll always see avatars made with '03 items- Angelic Scarf, Devil Tail, Minis etc. I tend to notice those a lot because of the fact that the styling of the items is wildly different to what we get now. Some people make it look good, though there are other times when I think that they've just shoved the item on to make a point about them owning it. I don't know that there's necessarily lots of them, but they do tend to be very noticable- they're all extremely iconic items.

If you go into rally, you'll see a lot of avatars with Lusty Scoundrel, Cloud Slippers, Secret Retreat & other such items. It's not a style which appeals to me, but I hope that everyone has as much fun dressing their avatars as I do mine, so if it brings them pleasure, it doesn't really worry me. That's really what I figure about any avatar trends. Except maybe the super gory ones, because they kind of creep me out. xd

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I don't know about specific items, but I see this all the time with color.

Like Cream and mint, those colors have been on the raise.

But as for items, Light Spirit? IDK

Hallowed Prophet

Well, for the GCD at least, overused items tend to be whatever new items come out (it's the REI bundle at the moment). I lump myself in with that group because I've most definitely followed certain item trends. XD

But some have definite staying power. The whole Sainte Ciel series is rather popular because it's versatile. Therefore, we see it a lot.

High-end '04 and '03 items are pretty popular as well. Overused? Maybe, depending on the item and combinations.

I think we tend to get over most trends quickly, though. As a new RIG or REI comes out we drop the old and glomp onto the new.

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I... have trouble naming abused items anymore. Well, other than the rally outfits. But in the forums, or at least where I venture in the forums, I don't really recall any overly abused items anymore. At least nowhere near the abused items of old. Stuff like the grass skirt, buck teeth, those 90s pants. Those were majorly abused. I guess some of the body mods get a lot of wear? But I don't know if I'd call them abused.

Intergalactic Recruit

Every girly item.

I don't mind seeing the Ciel and Rosa items though because 1. I like them 2. They work well with a lot of items and 3. They aren't cheap, so of course I am gonna use mine.

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
Anything cream and white.
Some of the most expensive items are the most overused items...
It used to be the otaku glasses and speech bubbles.

Greedy Drake

The only item im kind of tired of seeing is the "fell in the vat of grease" pose from Lusty. I don think agape is over used, since you dont really SEE it (just the effects) I rarely ever see anyone use anything other then the scissors from it. The scissors just make other items more versatile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff