Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Anabaena
Enchanted Blue
Could I get the link to that thread? I'm not going there to stalk posts, I just want to see what combinations people have made =o
Welcome to the wonderful world of MFEO! biggrin

Thank you very much ^^

Enduring Hunter

Honestly, if I see a user with a fantastic avatar, I'm going to look at theirs and get some inspiration to make an avatar of my own. I don't know if people consider that stealing? I literally just look at people's avatar and go "why did I not think of that?" 'Cause there are people here who are super creative, and when I look at their avatars, it kind of gets my creative juices going too? As the OP said, it is really hard to try and make an avatar or not have an idea for one, and then see another user have something you have been trying to create, but then make it look better.

There is one user here that posts from time to time who has absolutely beautiful avatars, (at least to me they are) and I love their style, they are seamless and fantastic and they just look different.

Demonic Lover

I make pretty simple avatars most of the time C: it's what I'm into~ I don't like busy desings where you can't make where one top starts and the other awkwardly finishes x ox just not my thing, as such I don't think I could be copied XD; and when I do stumble on something I find cool I share it in the MfEO thread, so I'm not really miffed to see someone else sporting some combo I might've stumbled onto as well C:

I have been copied in the past though, but it was about 3 years ago when I had one outfit that just "evolved" as I got more items XD it wasn't in the GCD either, it was some obscure guild of Gaians who's mother tongue was Spanish C: I do remember being a little annoyed as I kinda made that avatar my "Gaia identity", but never payed it much attention, I just unfriended her x ox it's what I do when people tick me oddly, I tend to believe it's not a big deal since I just prefer to dissociate myself from the person to stop drama, this has backfired more than once though XD;;;

I have copied though!, I copied the entire concept of one of my friend's avatars XD she had this reaaally cool red demon with pure white garments and I just loved how it looked * O* I made an avatar like hers and asked her if it was okay and she was quite cute about it, I did apologized a lot though XD; it felt weird, but outside of the concept and some items our avatars were preeetty different XD;;; I wouldn't had done that just to anyone though x ox we are pretty close, love you Ave <333

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
You're one to talk about Tea.
rolleyes

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Aprinn
Celeste Starfyre
KateMonster x3

o A o It's not creepy to say I want to copy your avatar right?

Oh god no, hers is absolutely adorable!
I saw it and had to find out what items she's using because I was so curious.

(Plus her avatar art ADDS to the cuteness)

It does D8 So cuteness!

-All ready knows what items she is using, but cannot afford them lol.-

Alien Invader

I can't say I ever had, but I'm kind of lazy about "online presence", I suppose. For instance--sometimes I do see profiles and I'm like WHAT I WANT FANCY PROFILE THINGY but it's not like I'm going to make the effort to get it. xD I already had to got tektek to link a youtube video on auto play. emotion_donotwant THE HASSLE.

lol

Rare

Dexigone
rolleyes

????

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Sir Black Tea
Dexigone
rolleyes

????

What, with all the swag on you. Some users do get jealous!

Rare

Dexigone
Sir Black Tea
Dexigone
rolleyes

????

Oh. Thank you!

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Sir Black Tea
Dexigone
Sir Black Tea
Dexigone
rolleyes

????

Oh. Thank you!

You're welcome. I never knew that even the people with the most swag on them get jealous every once in a while.

Blessed Wolf

i dont ever try to copy someone...but i mean if i see an item i really like on their avatar..i might get it but i never try to make the same or similar avi as them..i guess i use people as inspiration...like ohh i might try that..but then i fail horribly and try something else that works for me.

Powerhouse

I've outright copied an avatar because I liked it, yeah. I'll probably do it plenty of times in the future too biggrin

I envy a lot of peoples art ability as well.

Fashionable Businesswoman

I laugh when people try to copy my avis. It's pretty hard for them to do it actually.

Mega Superfan

I don't recall ever outright copying someone, but I do take inspiration from item combos people use. I'll use a combo and then try to build my own avatar from there.

I don't think copying/emulating is entirely bad, but I think after you understand the fundamentals of they style you're copying, it's best to branch out and make your own from what you've learned.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff