Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
kitsunen
buncy
Lei_Trigar
If anyone doesn't want those Caches please send them my way! I'm currently crafting the 3 demon wings for my Wing Mastery and I can use all the Caches I can get! (I know I'll be needing more Gold, Platinum, Topaz, Ruby, Garnet, and Amethyst)

I still don't believe people can even complain over this, its a dumpster, before the massive cache dump I would only get a fish, trash, or a flower. With the Caches you can open them and you might pull a Heart Charm, after opening nearly 3k I've made 1b in Heart Charm sells.

And I still get nice items every now and then, got at least 3 50m+ items in the past week.

because people want instant satisfaction, not to have to open something up (which in reality they are already doing by diving) and hope for something they can either sell on the marketplace or back to gaia.

Dumpster Divers Can't be dumpster choosers
If i get tons of gold I'm dumping tons of caches in that dumpster

Alchemy cant become a dying art!
i wanna revive it by making caches available to any race at any time!

dundundundun

oh I know, I like getting cache's in the dumpster.
buncy
kitsunen
buncy
Lei_Trigar
If anyone doesn't want those Caches please send them my way! I'm currently crafting the 3 demon wings for my Wing Mastery and I can use all the Caches I can get! (I know I'll be needing more Gold, Platinum, Topaz, Ruby, Garnet, and Amethyst)

I still don't believe people can even complain over this, its a dumpster, before the massive cache dump I would only get a fish, trash, or a flower. With the Caches you can open them and you might pull a Heart Charm, after opening nearly 3k I've made 1b in Heart Charm sells.

And I still get nice items every now and then, got at least 3 50m+ items in the past week.

because people want instant satisfaction, not to have to open something up (which in reality they are already doing by diving) and hope for something they can either sell on the marketplace or back to gaia.

Dumpster Divers Can't be dumpster choosers
If i get tons of gold I'm dumping tons of caches in that dumpster

Alchemy cant become a dying art!
i wanna revive it by making caches available to any race at any time!

dundundundun

oh I know, I like getting cache's in the dumpster.

me too

Demonic Seeker

When I get caches I open them and trash them. If no one wants them... I've been doing that for a while now.

I donate some nice stuff whenever I can :3 Don't think i've ever got anything worth more than crumpled newspaper though.. @_@

Leader

You should appreciate everything . Cache's before was 150k which was so much . Now after they have been released in Bifrost a lot of people are negative for them . It's item and you have to respect it ! I'm against of this !

Devoted Seeker

22,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
I hope everyone complaining about caches knows that you're pretty much throwing away gold every time you trash them. With the exception of sapphire, ruby, and diamond (no component from those three exceeds 500 gold), each cache has one or two components with a good sellback value.

Topaz: Orc Fangs (25K)
Emerald: Love Note Scraps (2.5K), Shark's Blood (5K)
Aquamarine: Bug Fuzz (5K), Fail (10K)
Gold: Mermaid Scales (50K)
Garnet: Tangled Yarn (2.5K)
Platinum: Shell Casings (50K)
Amethyst: Banana Seed (7.5K), Gunpowder (10K)

So if you don't want caches, feel free to send them here, you'll basically be giving me free gold.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Some "generous benefactor" sent me a 1000 pack of caches as a gift. rofl Sold it right back from a cool couple of mill, thanks, whoever you are! (I have no doubt you're in this thread somewhere. ninja )

Moonlight Healer

I swear to you know: when your blood is shed in a battle, I will heal you. |
When you hold your ground against the onslaught, I will restore you. |

Cache aren't to be blamed for anything, especially since you can earn a pretty amount of gold on them. I like the fact that people donate caches, somehow it didn;t stop me from getting CIs from the dumpster, it's all about luck.
Plus, I open caches and keep the charms while I send the rest to my friend who enjoys Alchemy. When you have a whole bunch of friends, everything's useful.

PLEASE DO NOT stop donating Cache, thanks.

And to those who stand against us and ravage our lands, I will destroy you! |

Loyal Wolf

12,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
ES1K
FlufflesTheKitten
ES1K
Honestly- even if people stop dumping caches we will go back to getting 5 crumpled newspapers from the admin. Which I like even less than caches.

Please don't confuse the lowering of caches in DD with people putting other items in. IF that were true then that would be great, but still people don't generally dump "nice" items in with the end of rampant item generators.

While I understand your frustration with getting a cache every single time you dive - even if ppl stop, there isn't going to magically be items instead. If people don't put caches in, the admins put in guppy fish/trash/flowers in to fill it. I'd prefer the cache. stare

You would honestly want a cache? I would prefer a flower only because I know of people who buy that stuff. Also, I'm not saying everyone is going to put nice items in there, I am only saying I know of people and I have witnessed them putting items in there people would die for out of their generosity and that's a very unlikely odd of getting it if theres 3000x more caches rolleyes

Again, I'm always happy to hear of people putting nice items in but they are going to be rare no matter what. But I understand. I just don't think it's going to help.

Eh...I used to dump rare items in from item rigs that I didn't want, and people would within minutes get them. So...uh...this person's topic is just ranting cause he probably gets nothin but caches.

Also, what item is your hair? >w<;

Green Fairy

27,450 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Count me in among those who loves getting the caches in DD. I only recently discovered that there are ALL-CACHE-ITEM formulas in alchemy (dunno how I missed that before), and although they're hard to alchemize, I can level up easily by just opening all these caches I get for free and alchemizing stuff one level below my current level. May take me 40 items to get to the next level, and therefore about 100 caches, but the only cost to me is a couple thousand for the formula and then a few thousand more to alchemize it, which is a heck of a lot better than what alchemy USED to cost. Gained a level and a half yesterday, plan to do at least one more level today if my cache stash holds up. (I wound up getting a 1000-pack out of DD awhile back, and hadn't cracked it yet because I was getting so many individuals... glad I waited until after they added the charms too!)

So not only do I like getting the caches, now I'm actually kind of disappointed when I get something other than caches, because I'm running really low on amethyst and sapphire at the moment. XD Actually had to dip into the stash of opened caches I had stuck in storage to avoid my "special" inventory stretching across two pages and showing inaccurate counts...

On the other hand, one of the items I got yesterday that wasn't a cache was a Bento Bunny - and I collect bunny items! So I sent that user a thank-you note. biggrin

tl;dr: I like getting caches OR other items better than the junk from admin we used to get, so thank you to everyone who donates stuff!

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
I like getting my caches to be honest.
I've got a chance of getting Heart Charms out of them, and it helps my alchemist friends (whom I send components to)
Granted, it isn't too good to get them all of the time, but it's better than Admin's flowers, un-recycled paper, and occasional ... swimsuit (yeah, I got her bikini top one time)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
I don't mind caches, though I do wish for those non-opened ones more xD More fun xd
So far other than caches I haven't gotten anything other than junk (event items or admin stuff)... so .. ~ I guess I'm not lucky at fishing in dumpsters XD

BigHatt's Rival

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500
The cache flow (heh) is very, very annoying for non alchemists, I will agree. And yeah, the only thing a person can really do to change that is state their mind about it. People may do so well or poorly, but it's about the only way they have to even pretend to try and change how things are.

I've personally found this site less fun overall because I can't just pop in when I have 5 minutes to spare and get something random (not expensive, not good, just...random) from DD. Once upon a time they had some resell value, but with so many, and so many sellers, that's dropped to the point where, in an economy talking in billions and even trillions now, it's not worth it to take up one of my MP slots. I went to DD because it was some random junk, it was a free little RIG that had basically anything ever if people were willing to toss it (yes, I know there was and probably still is a cap on what can go in). Even if it was junk, it was the thrill of the hunt.

Due to the above reasons, yes, I see what caches I have, mainly so I can trash those sorts which are trashable. You thew it in the dumpster, I threw it back in the can, you could say. Yes, that is spiteful, but people are being blind to the larger viewpoint. You could make a guild and gift people the larger x1000 sets directly and really make their day if that's the stuff they like, rather than making who knows what portion of the community like this site even less. Because, when we get backlash like this, we will be more and more silent until we're just...gone. Over something this petty. Which is silly from both sides when there are easy compromises.

9,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
FlufflesTheKitten
ES1K
Honestly- even if people stop dumping caches we will go back to getting 5 crumpled newspapers from the admin. Which I like even less than caches.

Please don't confuse the lowering of caches in DD with people putting other items in. IF that were true then that would be great, but still people don't generally dump "nice" items in with the end of rampant item generators.

While I understand your frustration with getting a cache every single time you dive - even if ppl stop, there isn't going to magically be items instead. If people don't put caches in, the admins put in guppy fish/trash/flowers in to fill it. I'd prefer the cache. stare

You would honestly want a cache? I would prefer a flower only because I know of people who buy that stuff. Also, I'm not saying everyone is going to put nice items in there, I am only saying I know of people and I have witnessed them putting items in there people would die for out of their generosity and that's a very unlikely odd of getting it if theres 3000x more caches rolleyes

I have gotten a cache or two from the dumpster dive. I just open them up, pick an item that is worth a lot and sell it out of my inventory and don't even put it in the marketplace. Some of those picks can give you a nice bit of gaia gold, much more than a flower would on the marketplace. Then again its a dumpster dive you can't be picky at what you get.

Loyal Exhibitionist

I can just see it... if you could decline caches if you pull them out from Dumpster Dive, it would probably be something like this:

*digs through the Dumpster Dive, gets a cache*

"Would you like to accept this cache? Yes/No"

*hits NO and the cache goes back into the dumpster*

*5 minutes later, digs through the Dumpster Dive again and picks out another cache*

*5 minutes later, digs through the Dumpster Dive again and picks out another cache*

Repeat ad infinium.

It's like trying to empty a rowboat on water when it has a leak. rolleyes

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Threads like this just make me really sad and a bit angry at the mentality of some users.

I used to volunteer at a food bank (place where you go with government vouchers to get free food) and I witnessed a few ppl take a walk around and then leave bc "there's nothing [they] want/like"....I blinked in stunned silence for 10 seconds or more and it took all my will not to yell at them.

^ That's how I view ppl moaning about caches in DD.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff