Welcome to Gaia! ::

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

wahhhh, I got something for free that someone sunk gold into that wasn't what I wanted!!!!

Every so often I take the 100 or so accumulated daily grab items I get and dump em. You'd be surpurrised the number of complaints I get from people asking why it wasn't more. Or worse yet, the audacity of people asking me to give them an item I'm wearing beclaws clearly i'm such a giving purrson to have donated a 5gold top.
Oh god the dumpster dive. It's amazing how such a simple feature brings out both the best and the worst of people on here.
It's amazing all the wonderfur people that happily sunk billions and billions of gold on caches just to give them away oh my heart <3 Not to mention all the lovely people wise enough to sell the items inside them for FREE GOLD instead of complaining about them. Man, back in my newbie days I would've killed for free caches with items in it I could sell for 20k, oh man! Heck, it's still a happy surpurrise!

I think my favorite line in the op is this one ' the good you could be doing by NOT dumping your caches into the DD'. Yes. you guys, think of all the good you could be doing by not sinking hundreds of billions of gold into alchemy and just for general all-good genorosity of buying things just to give away! Especially when it's something so versatile as a cache! Inside It could be that lovely 20k item you could sell to a shop, or one of those much needed components for alchemy that you just couldn't nab. Or if you're really lucky, a charm for GOfusion you can save or sell for a quick 40mil.
Yes. think of all the good you can do by not spending that 50k to just give away, don't be selfish or lazy!

Irregular Trash

19,525 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
___________User Image___________
ѕσ, ι'м ωяιтιиg тнє fυтυяє; ι'м ℓєανιиg α кєу нєяє...

Do I sometimes get tired of cache after cache? Well, yeah. But when that happens, I sigh and... stop clicking on the DD. But mostly I make a game out of it: "how many caches can Frail get until she goes crazy and opens them all?". The answer's like, 200? Something like that.

Earlier this summer, when item generators were being released almost daily at good prices, you could pull some great stuff out because everyone was tossing in what they didn't want from them (and were too lazy to sell on the MP). That's just not going to happen now.

In short, I don't mind the caches. I'm slowly leveling up in Alchemy, something I staunchly refused to do before because I couldn't afford it, because I'm getting free caches. (Yeah that's right, leveling up on someone else's dime!! Hell yeah!) Even if Alchemy's not your thing, you can just give them away.

As for the people who dump them in to be obnoxious, or as a response to these sorts of threads, WOW that's a d**k move.

ѕσмєтнιиg ωσи'т αℓωαуѕ вє мιѕѕιиg, уσυ ωσи'т αℓωαуѕ fєєℓ ємρтιєя...
________ ѕσмєтнιиg ωσи'т αℓωαуѕ вє мιѕѕιиg, уσυ ωσи'т αℓωαуѕ fєєℓ ємρтιєя... ________
User Image

thyfe's Partner

Devoted Partner

21,240 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
I don't see a problem with people donating caches. Sure, they're annoying to get, but it's the dumpster dive. There's a chance you're getting trash anyway.

It's because they sell them in 1k packs -- it gets very tiring trying to open those. I made the mistake of buying 2,000 caches to look for charms. It was time consuming and the yield of charms was incredibly low. However, there was no way I was going to trash 1600 caches; I'm sure somebody has a use for them. To DD they went.

Devoted Seeker

22,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
xx I met my fate xx
Also, just to note the extreme greed in this thread: I threw an item into the dumpster a few days ago that was NOT a cache and was worth a bit. Not billions mind you but hundreds of millions.

I got a message from SOMEONE IN THIS THREAD who is against the cache dumping complaining that the item wasn't something they wanted.

Seriously? You b***h about Caches, you b***h about non-caches? I'm ONLY going to throw in caches from now on. I won't throw in thousands just to troll but whenever I get a cache I don't want it's going into the dumpster and I'll sell, trash, or hoarde any other items I have.
That's just rude of whoever complained. I know that if I get something from the Dumpster that I can't sell, use, or already have and don't want multiples of, it gets put right back in the Dumpster. I figure there's always someone who can use what I can't.
Just dumped 110 Booty Grab triggering fish into DD. Enjoy!

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
i very much look forward to dumping 10,000 more caches in the dumpster. o3o domokun stargate

Familiar Noob

8,250 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Zay-roh
Puts in 3000 more caches

Dumpster divers can't be dumpster choosers

Thank you kind sir. I for one welcome our new Philosopher Cache overlords.
Since they put the Cache in the Gold shops they need to make it able to sell back to the gold store.
it has a sell back price but there is no way to sell it back to the store.

if that happened then there would be no more issue with excess caches.
What about a solution?

We need an option to SKIP OUT on the item we got from diving.

Even people who dive in real life have that option. So technically, yes, dumpster divers can be choosers.

For those who wish to aid alchemists with no financial means of obtaining components, I would suggest going to the alchemists' guild and putting up a "Free caches" or "will buy caches for those who need it" thread.

Ice-Cold Victory

I'm a bit confused. Where do the caches even come from? Do people just buy them to trash them on purpose? I've got a little collection going and I don't even dumpster dive often, but I haven't opened anything up yet.

Filipino Marshmallow

53,500 Points
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • ⋆⋆⋆ Proud to be Pinoy! ⋆⋆⋆ 500
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500
I usually pick up 30~50 cache a day. XD

Creamy Marshmallow

25,850 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
Nothing but Cache, but I'm not complain because it is free! yum_puddi

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
"A scattered dream that's like a far off memory...

I don't even need to read the entirety of thiss thread to know the kind of responses you're getting.
About 90% of you are just not getting it, so let me give you my point of view on this subject. Again. Since the last time, ya'll still have not listened at all. neutral

I am an alchemist. A lazy alchemist, to be sure, but an alchemist none the less. I HATE constantly getting caches from DD. I can literally just toss 100m at the Bifrost and purchase them an masse if I was so inclined.
I still have nearly 450 caches to open from when I was given a 1000 pack by a friend. Yes, they have helped me level up (i'm halfway to level 5 now) but honestly? I'd much rather get trash/bugs/flowers from DD than yet another ********' cache.
Most people's attitudes in this thread are just gross and childish. "Oh, you hate getting caches? *dumps 3000 more in DD*"
You know what that's called? Being a bully. That's exactly the kind of s**t I would expect to see from CB, but the GCD? Ya'll ********' know better.

I may be too old for all this bullshit, but personally, I'm appalled at the lack of empathy shown by most of the people itt.
I admire some users in this forum for their contributions to the community, but some of ya'll also sicken me. Who are you to make fun of or demean some one else's opinions, or call them selfish when you don't even know them?
Once again, some of you have done exactly as I thought you would: looked down on someone and call them a "selfish child" just because they don't like what others do. Some people actually DO toss caches in DD just to troll. In fact, I can pick out a few names just from this thread alone.
This has gotten far too long already, but I stand by my opinions. I don't want to argue with anyone, nor will I. I'm done here.

A far off memory that's like a scattered dream..."

Spicy Treasure-Seeker

36,690 Points
  • Nova Novice 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I have to say I'd rather like to get a cache than a crumbled newspaper~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash