Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Ladykiller

16,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
It used to be almost impossible to level up in Alchemy easily and now more and more users are able to do it thanks to other users donating caches to the dumpster. I don't care that I got some nice new items from the dumpster dive before, I got tons of trash and I'd much rather get cache's, even though I no longer really need them.

If people want to dump other things into the dumpster so that there is less overwhelming caches, then more power to them, that's great.

I don't really care what people get in the dumpster, I just get annoyed when they complain about free things from something literally called the "dumpster dive"

Muzeu's Wife

Magical Girl

14,725 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
um
I'll throw w/e I want into the trash tyvm

Seasonal Shopper

I really think a lot of these caches are back logged in Dumpster Dive. One time I only threw in about maybe 5 or so things, and I didn't get a "Thanks for the Dumspter Dive" item pm from someone until like a week later. Usually when I throw something in, within minutes I get a pm. So I'm thinking maybe a few people tossed in like 1000 or so and the Dumpster Dive is just back logged from it since not everyone is Dumpster Diveing. Though in a way Dumpster Dive has become a strange cycle of lots' of cache dump and not everyone wanting them when they dive. So I guess it'll be like this for a long time. I acutally like getting caches in Dumpster Dive. Especially when the cache I open ends up being a gold one.

Demonic Enchantress

27,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
I'm enjoying getting caches. I open them, for the chance of getting Charms. More often then not though, I'm getting alchemical catches. These I hold onto, because at one point I do want to do alchemy.

Keeping the caches means that I have a pool of alchemy materials ready at hand.

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Every time you complain about getting a cache in the dumpster, someone else dumps in a 1000 more and gets their wings. made out of caches. and tears. dramallama

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Well if I can only hug the DD for helping me get started in alchemy and reaching level 10 I'd do it.

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
No thanks. I love that it's never empty now.

Original Survivor

If anyone doesn't want those Caches please send them my way! I'm currently crafting the 3 demon wings for my Wing Mastery and I can use all the Caches I can get! (I know I'll be needing more Gold, Platinum, Topaz, Ruby, Garnet, and Amethyst)

I still don't believe people can even complain over this, its a dumpster, before the massive cache dump I would only get a fish, trash, or a flower. With the Caches you can open them and you might pull a Heart Charm, after opening nearly 3k I've made 1b in Heart Charm sells.

And I still get nice items every now and then, got at least 3 50m+ items in the past week.

Simp

Let's just put it this way.
How about we think of DD as a rig/gold gen. smile
Lucky gets non-cache item. smile

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Lei_Trigar
If anyone doesn't want those Caches please send them my way! I'm currently crafting the 3 demon wings for my Wing Mastery and I can use all the Caches I can get! (I know I'll be needing more Gold, Platinum, Topaz, Ruby, Garnet, and Amethyst)

I still don't believe people can even complain over this, its a dumpster, before the massive cache dump I would only get a fish, trash, or a flower. With the Caches you can open them and you might pull a Heart Charm, after opening nearly 3k I've made 1b in Heart Charm sells.

And I still get nice items every now and then, got at least 3 50m+ items in the past week.

because people want instant satisfaction, not to have to open something up (which in reality they are already doing by diving) and hope for something they can either sell on the marketplace or back to gaia.

Rainbow Bunny

I love getting caches, I'm always disappointed when I don't because it normally turns out to be an item worth <1000 gold instead.

Assimilated Survivor

I just end up gifting them back to the owner. How people think they're still being helpful by dumping caches in the DD is beyond me. I'm pretty sure most just do it to troll people.

Star-Crossed Muse

22,025 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Married 100
I will admit, I am one of the people that used to dump caches into the DD. I haven't done it recently, since I haven't had the gold to do it in any great amount. I never did it to troll anyone, but because I know what it was like to not have a whole lot of gold. And, with the alchemy system, you can atleast sell things for some profit. Trolling or cruel intentions was never my plan, but merely using it as a way to help others as well as sink a little bit of gold. But, that might have been just me. I can't vouch for everyone, but that was my logic about the whole thing.
Zay-roh
Puts in 3000 more caches

Dumpster divers can't be dumpster choosers

+1
buncy
Lei_Trigar

because people want instant satisfaction, not to have to open something up (which in reality they are already doing by diving) and hope for something they can either sell on the marketplace or back to gaia.

Dumpster Divers Can't be dumpster choosers
If i get tons of gold I'm dumping tons of caches in that dumpster

Alchemy cant become a dying art!
i wanna revive it by making caches available to any race at any time!

dundundundun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces