Welcome to Gaia! ::

charmsei's Prince

cutesy angel

Lockany
cutesu

User Image
              confused
              i do like a handful of the items but... cash based? really?
              this would've made an amazing goldsink of sorts and i would actually want to try it out if it was gold based

but the charm packs not exactly being cheap and getting random charms at that? i'll pass.

It's like RIG, but you get 1/20 of an item each time. @@

User Image
              1/20 of an item?

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Jisen Meizuki
Lockany
Well, the "get more" link for the wild card links to cash shop.

It's safe to say that your options is either cash...or cash.

Yeah, I clicked that "get more" link earlier, hoping it will lead me to the forum, but ended up in cash shop before making my previous post.

Still waiting for the forum to be unlocked and hoping there's a FAQ that explains this GoFusion stuff. And if there's no alternative to get the charms, then it's like I said in the other threads. What's the point of creating that feature when you can just buy the items directly from the Cash Shop? This feature is like an extra step from buying the item.

It's kind of like Neopet's crafting faerie, but I think Neopets requires less items.

It really makes you wonder how much money Gaia thinks we have. emo

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Clawed Darkness
this is way better then spending money on gold rigs people shouldn't complain i mean if you compare this to a gold rig this is so much more fun plus your working towards your item :3 and those gold rigs are for lazy people.... or idiotic gold hoggers in the mp..

I assume you meant Gold Generators (Magic Gold Coin), not Gold RIGS (Elysium's Gate).

Hopefully this feature means they will now turn their attention to some of the free/gold features they've been promising (New Inventory Arranger) for a while.

Stellar Succubus

I dunno... random gems... don't like it.

It's like a way of making folks pay way more for an item than necessary... kind of like an extra step to chance items... I won't take part cause gambling ain't my game.

Valiant Jackling

Xashowd
Lady Cres
There's apparently an achievement too.

User Image

Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

Well, I think this'll create some rage. A little, but every bit of rage towards this feature hurts whatever Gaia's trying to get out of it. The reception's pretty negative so far. Not gonna last long unless some freebie details pop up soon.

The Scythe Quest

At this point, getting angry over achievements is fairly pointless since the gold sinks have been releasing out of reach achievements, requiring countless billions be donated in order to obtain the,. How many users can actually get every single one when Gaia is throwing these things out back to back to back?

The age of achievement collecting is pretty much over... unless you are fabulously wealthy Gaian

Feral Kitty

I think this seems nice~ I'm excited to see more about it. c:
        I hate how it's cash based but I hope the make a change and make it gold based to-- like cutesu said-- make a gold sink.

Ink-Covered Monarch

42,750 Points
  • Inked Child 500
  • Undersea Queen 500
User Image
Sounds like this is some sort of GC-based Alchemy.
Yeah, no. No thanks. stare

charmsei's Prince

cutesy angel

Bellecoso
cutesu

User Image
              confused
              this would've made an amazing goldsink of sorts and i would actually want to try it out

but the charm packs not exactly being cheap and getting random charms at that? i'll pass.

As a gold sink, it would require 1 billion gold for a heart charm, 10 billion for a star charm, and 50 billion for a diamond charm.

Need more gold? Why, they just happened to supply 4 new gold generators at the cheap price of $8 for a 100+ pack

/sarcasm

Sorry for my bitterness in this thread. This is not a happy thing to wake up to.

User Image
              tbh that doesn't sound too far-fetched to me, i wouldn't be surprised if that was the prices if it was gold rofl

sigh i know it's awful and i'm not happy about it too, it just seems pointless when these could've been directly released to the cs
              i guess they're hoping they can make more money from people having to buy packs of charms to get these items anyway confused fff

Merry Traveler

Bellecoso
amarzyciel
I am curious on how can you earn the gem. Earn. not buy.
and how hard will it be to earn those gem.
until the announcement show up, I will just say this looks interesting.

Earn? EARN? You must EARN by opening your paypal and buying some cash, that's how!

Seriously, at this point, I have VERY high doubts there will be a method to EARN any charms. Maybe a freebie to get us to try it out and get hooked, but that's about as generous as I see the marketing team getting.

Well, I can't say anything since it's just up
maybe they are being cunning for not providing way to earn it first so people buy their gems
until later on revealed how it can be earned. It is still very new and the information we have is limited.

I highly doubt they don't provide a free means in the long term
This is a free to play game, so if they have feature, it should have a free part.
even avatar has a gold shop and cash shop.
they can make it hard, but it should exist.

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
cutesu
Lockany
cutesu

User Image
              confused
              this would've made an amazing goldsink of sorts and i would actually want to try it out if it was gold based

User Image
              1/20 of an item?

I just used a random number; I meant that each time you buy one pack only gets your a small fraction of what's needed to get one item, contrary to RIG that you get a whole item each time.

Heart Tamer

I have to laugh at some of the optimism here that Gaia will give users a way to craft items without spending GC.

Merry Traveler

Clawed Darkness
amarzyciel
I am curious on how can you earn the gem. Earn. not buy.
and how hard will it be to earn those gem.
until the announcement show up, I will just say this looks interesting.
lets hope zomg is connected to this biggrin be an awesome update >w<

I hope so. Maybe someway to earn the gem.
it will bring zOMG to life again.
I am curious about this feature.
although I know i shouldn't be hopeful it will be easy to earn the gem...
still if it can be earned through free way, then people can get the item in there somehow.
also it has no relation to the mp, so it won't go up in price is a good motivation.
User Image

I am disappointed that this feature can only be used by spending cash. It would have been much better if this feature had gold alternatives, like being able to purchase charms with large amounts of gold. Even if it had the ability to be able to find charms across the site, but it would be rare.

It's a shame since I like a lot of the items, but I won't be able to participate in this feature unless I spend cash which I cannot do.
This feature had so much potential, but I am disgusted with the fact that gaia spent time and money into a feature gaians didn't even ask for, just to suck more cash from users.

Big Girl

34,150 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
Lockany
cutesu
Lockany
cutesu

User Image
              confused

User Image
              1/20 of an item?

I just used a random number; I meant that each time you buy one pack only gets your a small fraction of what's needed to get one item, contrary to RIG that you get a whole item each time.

Putting it in THAT perspective just makes it so much worse.

For $10, you can buy a piece of an item, rather than a bundle with several.

Where's the logic in this again?

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
some of these items are so tiny and one-pose and unworthy of cash that i almost think it cant be all cash-based, can it? who would pay like 149 for a pair of rabbit ears? nobody that's who.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff