Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thoughts on Artist Collaboration Mangas?

I like it, I think they should do this more often. 0.50825082508251 50.8% [ 154 ]
I like it, but I think approaching these should be seldom 0.25742574257426 25.7% [ 78 ]
I don't like it, characters should look the same on every page 0.062706270627063 6.3% [ 19 ]
I'm gonna play Switzerland, and have my opinion not count. 0.17161716171617 17.2% [ 52 ]
Total Votes:[ 303 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 >

Time-traveling Senshi

Malomy
Chibi Halo
          So he's going to force the world into his version of the perfect society because of some daddy issues? Yeah, how his dad treated his mom and how his mom acted because of it doesn't give him free reign for genocide.

And I agree that we have more new questions popping up. Who is the lover? Why are the gods being targeted? What the hell did Johnny do to Luca to warrant his death? Why bring Louie into this if it wasn't his father or some other relative? Plus, they still haven't answered what was on that piece of paper Johnny scrawled out his note to Gino and who's ethereal hand was it that picked up that paper.

I don't think he intentionally brought Louie into it, he just wanted to send a message to Edmund. To bad it takes more than that to intimidate Edmund. If Louie died in the process, I don't think Kuro would have cared much though.
And as for the hand that picked up the note, I have an idea. I think it might be Gaia herself. So since mecha-god sent Gino and company to the Island of Gambino to see Gaia, we'll find out when they finally make it there. How long that takes will be anyone's guess, though.

It might have been unintentional with the bombing but I'm beginning to wonder if Luca knew the vampires he had been hiring were very loyal to the Von Helson family. Cordell didn't really seem to know that they had once been members of the Von Helson clan but the manga never really indicated whether or not Luca knew this. So assuming he did know then why use vampires loyal to Vlad? If he didn't know then it proves how desperate for money and distrusting of Louie those vampires are and how much bad blood Luca holds for all vampires in general.

Backwoods Abomination

I'm too dumb to understand any of this plot. The only thing I really got out of this is: WTF. CORDELL'S A GIRL? SINCE WHEN?

Given that I'm the only one who seems to be surprised, this must have been revealed ages ago in something I skimmed past. I'd just assumed Cordell was ~~*soooo bishie*~~ and the Cordell/Zhivago fans were pairing them up because ~~*omg sexy yaoi*~~.

Now I'm confused. emo

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Morigale
I'm too dumb to understand any of this plot. The only thing I really got out of this is: WTF. CORDELL'S A GIRL? SINCE WHEN?

Given that I'm the only one who seems to be surprised, this must have been revealed ages ago in something I skimmed past. I'd just assumed Cordell was ~~*soooo bishie*~~ and the Cordell/Zhivago fans were pairing them up because ~~*omg sexy yaoi*~~.

Now I'm confused. emo
I'm sorry, but...um... emotion_facepalm

Hot Lover

I just read the whole thing. I hate waiting for more pages to come out so I always wait til all of it is out before reading. xd

OMG

What AWESOME ART!!! heart heart *____* They should this more often! I understand it takes longer but darn it! It looks AMAZING! =D

As for the story... I kinda feel sad for the kuro gang but at the same time not really. Forbidden love is tragic, sure, but if their mother knew falling in love with a vampire would curse her children, then she shouldn't have done it. Poor kids had NO control of what happened. :/ Mother should have thought of them more.

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Chibi Halo
Malomy
Chibi Halo
          So he's going to force the world into his version of the perfect society because of some daddy issues? Yeah, how his dad treated his mom and how his mom acted because of it doesn't give him free reign for genocide.

And I agree that we have more new questions popping up. Who is the lover? Why are the gods being targeted? What the hell did Johnny do to Luca to warrant his death? Why bring Louie into this if it wasn't his father or some other relative? Plus, they still haven't answered what was on that piece of paper Johnny scrawled out his note to Gino and who's ethereal hand was it that picked up that paper.

I don't think he intentionally brought Louie into it, he just wanted to send a message to Edmund. To bad it takes more than that to intimidate Edmund. If Louie died in the process, I don't think Kuro would have cared much though.
And as for the hand that picked up the note, I have an idea. I think it might be Gaia herself. So since mecha-god sent Gino and company to the Island of Gambino to see Gaia, we'll find out when they finally make it there. How long that takes will be anyone's guess, though.

It might have been unintentional with the bombing but I'm beginning to wonder if Luca knew the vampires he had been hiring were very loyal to the Von Helson family. Cordell didn't really seem to know that they had once been members of the Von Helson clan but the manga never really indicated whether or not Luca knew this. So assuming he did know then why use vampires loyal to Vlad? If he didn't know then it proves how desperate for money and distrusting of Louie those vampires are and how much bad blood Luca holds for all vampires in general.

If Luca does hold bad blood for the vampires, it makes me wonder why. If he should be mad at anyone, it should be the high elves that banished his clan. Yet here he goes sending vampires out on suicide missions (see Peath) and goes about murdering demigods. As far we know, the worst thing a vampire ever did to him and his clan was run away after nearly being executed, which I can hardly blame the vampire for. The high elves banished his whole family underground, cursed him to be a sickly grey midget, and didn't cure them all after his mother made an appeal. His anger seems a little misdirected if you ask me.

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
karwolf
I just read the whole thing. I hate waiting for more pages to come out so I always wait til all of it is out before reading. xd

OMG

What AWESOME ART!!! heart heart *____* They should this more often! I understand it takes longer but darn it! It looks AMAZING! =D

As for the story... I kinda feel sad for the kuro gang but at the same time not really. Forbidden love is tragic, sure, but if their mother knew falling in love with a vampire would curse her children, then she shouldn't have done it. Poor kids had NO control of what happened. :/ Mother should have thought of them more.

Actually at first she was just forbidden from seeing her vampire lover again. It was only after she went and murdered the executioner (who may have been Luca's father) that they were cursed. Doesn't excuse her, but it makes me wonder why they didn't just execute her after she did all that.

Questionable Mage

So it took 800 years to do something about the curse? Hmm...that's one strong curse... neutral

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Erinnerung
So it took 800 years to do something about the curse? Hmm...that's one strong curse... neutral

well, curses are forever. hence being...curses. And the darkelves probably just accepted their fate after a little while and just focused on running the underground mafia. Hell, most of them are probably super cool with it now, it's Luca that's the crazy/insane/might-be-demonically possessed one that's going to change it.

Time-traveling Senshi

Malomy
If Luca does hold bad blood for the vampires, it makes me wonder why. If he should be mad at anyone, it should be the high elves that banished his clan. Yet here he goes sending vampires out on suicide missions (see Peath) and goes about murdering demigods. As far we know, the worst thing a vampire ever did to him and his clan was run away after nearly being executed, which I can hardly blame the vampire for. The high elves banished his whole family underground, cursed him to be a sickly grey midget, and didn't cure them all after his mother made an appeal. His anger seems a little misdirected if you ask me.

It does if that turns out to be the case. You really have to wonder who holds the real grudge against the Gambinos and the vampires. Is it Luca or is it the being controlling him? If Luca holds the grudge, then just when did he encounter Johnny Gambino? Luca did hint early on that Johnny did something to wrong him enough to bring about his death. If it's the being controlling Luca, then just who is it and what in the world did Johnny do to warrant his death?

Franco, in his PM mentions some type of new world order that Luca wants to unite the world under and some type of divine force blessing him with power. That right there is beginning to turn Luca from a simple mafia Don into some kind of cult like figure. It rings of how only he can break the curse, only he can bring the dark elves out into the daylight, only he can unite the world, and only he can make the world perfect. It seems this cult like status and this voice controlling him has turned Luca mad and his illness doesn't help much because I get the feeling it makes him more susceptible to being controlled like he is. This isn't going to end very well for him.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
So what actually CAUSED the curse?

Time-traveling Senshi

Lazarus Larkin
So what actually CAUSED the curse?

That is one of the new unanswered questions that this chapter. Gaia conveniently leaves that out because they made Cordell tell the story. Because she's the narrator they don't have to come up with a cause for the curse because they can just make it as though she wouldn't know because she was born after they were exiled.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
So... what exactly was the point of the whole chapter? sweatdrop

Hell, did it even have anything to do with their mom's affair or do they just assume it did because it happened around the same time?

Profitable Prophet

So pretty much, all we needed to know was that dark elves are cursed; Luca wants to undo it. Everything else seems pretty extraneous.

Dunno how gods or new world orders play into this. Chances are The Don just bit off more than he could chew while messin' with dark forces, and is bein' used by something.

Professional Alchemist

42,825 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Morigale

Now I'm confused. emo

Yes, Cordell is a girl.
User Image
With a flat chest. But she's a girl.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Antonia Solo v2
I think you quoted the wrong person. xd