Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Saint

I gotta say, I called it.

Now leave me be.
/retreats to warren to sob and cuddle EB doll.

Tenacious Rogue

-enters and throws sword on the ground-
I...came to pay my respects to EB.
I only f..fought against him to protect Halloween.
to lose them both.......I...I...
-collapse onto my knees-
Why?!
why did it end like this?!

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
xcrimsonlegendx
I think the memorials are a bit premature.

What irks me is all the days of grinding, keeping out team on top and they just nuke both of them? EB would not have been surprised by the bomb, he knew it was coming. They should have either A) had him leave beforehand because he was anticipating the nuke months in advance or B) Smiled and laughed while he blew himself up to kill Jack.

"Story" aside, do we at least get an item for winning?

I think a better way of ending it would be having EB and Jack fighting in a field (maybe the same field this story started in) while the bomb fell on Halloween town.

EB grabs Jack and forces him to watch the explosion, Jack gets angry and gains the upper hand, EB reveals that his own suit is rigged with a bomb, blows them both up.

Then the last two panels would be the same.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
The Undead Suitor
xcrimsonlegendx

What irks me is all the days of grinding, keeping out team on top and they just nuke both of them? EB would not have been surprised by the bomb, he knew it was coming. They should have either A) had him leave beforehand because he was anticipating the nuke months in advance or B) Smiled and laughed while he blew himself up to kill Jack.

I think a better way of ending it would be having EB and Jack fighting in a field (maybe the same field this story started in) while the bomb fell on Halloween town.

EB grabs Jack and forces him to watch the explosion, Jack gets angry and gains the upper hand, EB reveals that his own suit is rigged with a bomb, blows them both up.

I like that too, though if they simply changed the dialogue around and had EB say "I WIN" as the bomb detonated it would have made infinity more sense. EB is the suicide bomber, the way it was written made no sense.

Questionable Bunny

20,375 Points
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
The Undead Suitor
xcrimsonlegendx

That is super intense but it makes me feel super sad

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
xcrimsonlegendx
The Undead Suitor
xcrimsonlegendx

I like that too, though if they simply changed the dialogue around and had EB say "I WIN" as the bomb detonated it would have made infinity more sense. EB is the suicide bomber, the way it was written made no sense.

....yeah that would fix it

and yeah, not really sure why Jack is saying he won when his goal was to defeat EB....while protecting halloween

even better, remove the "omg my bomb that I lauched at halloween town is heading towards halloween town" reaction panel, and just have the panel of EB with the bomb in the background saying

"No"

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
xcrimsonlegendx
The Undead Suitor
xcrimsonlegendx

I get the impression they were banking on Jack winning and awkwardly changed things for the Easter Bunny's win.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
My sincerest condolances for the loss of your leader.

@Anaella: That was my thought too when I read Uncle Kenny's notice. He said about the actual plot not triggering correctly.

Tenacious Rogue

-thought of something-
what if EB was pushed to do this?
there have been rumors of gods being killed, and EB, no offense, was bitter and angry at Jack for mutilating him. what if those god killers gave EB the schematics of the bomb to kill jack?

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Anaella
xcrimsonlegendx
The Undead Suitor
xcrimsonlegendx

I get the impression they were banking on Jack winning and awkwardly changed things for the Easter Bunny's win.

which is weird because there was never a point in the event where jack was winning, and it went on for 3 weeks

I just chalk it up to bad story telling

(and the fact that EB always gets shortchanged in every event even if he wins. like how when EB won the first easter against diedrich the winning item was a 2 pose tiny crown egg while the losing diedrich side got a 4 pose well made "losing" item with diedrich in it)

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
The Undead Suitor
Anaella
xcrimsonlegendx
The Undead Suitor
xcrimsonlegendx

which is weird because there was never a point in the event where jack was winning, and it went on for 3 weeks

I just chalk it up to bad story telling

(and the fact that EB always gets shortchanged in every event even if he wins. like how when EB won the first easter against diedrich the winning item was a 2 pose tiny crown egg while the losing diedrich side got a 4 pose well made "losing" item with diedrich in it)

I think rushed might be the better word here. The comic is very sketchy. Though I easily enjoyed this little plot more than that airship/Nyx nonsense that's been going on forever.

Now you've just reminded me that I'm STILL waiting for an EB companion item. emotion_donotwant

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Undead Suitor
eh, I'm a little disappointed that the ending was that ambiguous

it feels like it would have ended that way whether or not we won

I bet our winning item is shittier than the jack's losing item too emotion_donotwant

but hey yeata was adorbs

User Image

I was HOPING our item for winning against the lofty odds would be a victory item, maybe they could have done a memorial mask for us. (and give the Jacks one for their loss too, why not)

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Flux
If the EB is really gone, I say bring back Ian!

User Image

He was a better EB than Diedrich will ever be. heart

I would rather enjoy seeing Ian dressed as EB.

Though I still want the genuine article, true EB.

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
birddog3
Sianserais
birddog3
i do not think EB is dead, look at that hole in the ground! He is the Easter Bunny he dug his way out before the rocket hit!
User Image
I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be the remains of the well, but hey, doesn't mean someone couldn't have hidden in it.

shush you and your logic! EB is alive! gonk

What I wouldn't give to have the next manga have him alive and reacting to the surprise and saying "I AM a rabbit, I jumped into the nearest (plot)hole and avoided getting hit!"

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kaiserin Kai
Pirate Captain Sushi
Kid Jak
User Image

If they gotta be reborn I want this!

I have to admit something...

I really want this to happen.

As do I!

Count me in!

I'd prefer their current age states in a friendship, but I'll take any happy ending I can get at this point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff