Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I honestly think we have to raise more of a stink about it >.> I feel like it's just me posting in a bunch of different places, lol.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Lazarus Larkin
Ugh, anyone else getting increasingly annoyed by details of the summer event?

Uncle Kenny just posted a new journal entry and the whole "plot" of the event is helping the fluffs that we beat up in the Easter event.

Why on earth would I want to do that?

wait

what was the point of the vs. easter event then?

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
The Undead Suitor
Lazarus Larkin

Uncle Kenny just posted a new journal entry and the whole "plot" of the event is helping the fluffs that we beat up in the Easter event.

wait

I DON'T KNOW.

That's why I'm so irritated.

kirafckr's Partner

Demonic Recalibrator

19,650 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Redecorator 50
The Undead Suitor
Lazarus Larkin

wait

The point was to make us feel as if we were being treated fairly, when in fact they did not intend to give us any sort of reward for our efforts. Because they did not expect us to win, they planned ahead for the reward for the cute team. This is just a last minute attempt to make our victory fit in with their plans.

Questionable Shapeshifter

"Sees the newest installment of manga''

OMFG if the artist fcked up Blaze that bad, I dread how he/she will draw EB xp

Since when did Blaze look like a hag?

Scurvy Pirate

Heavendove
The Undead Suitor
Lazarus Larkin

wait

The point was to make us feel as if we were being treated fairly, when in fact they did not intend to give us any sort of reward for our efforts. Because they did not expect us to win, they planned ahead for the reward for the cute team. This is just a last minute attempt to make our victory fit in with their plans.

See, contrary to popular belief, the things we do aren't actually giant conspiracies or attempts to make users unhappy. That'd be a really bad business practice. We had no predetermined winning side for Easter, it was entirely determined by those who were playing it. This isn't a reward for the cute team, neither team received a "reward" because the story isn't resolved yet. As I've said a couple times now, the big events for this year are all tied together and the story will be wrapped up with all of them combined, not be a single thing. Rewards aren't given for winning a battle, they're given for winning the war.

Fluffs are used for the Summer event because it ties perfectly with the storyline behind the events. The anti-cute team doesn't have pets to raise currently because they weren't the ones that were beaten and crushed by the Easter Bunny. The injured fluffs needing rehabilitation lends itself directly to our plan for a Pet system. Had anti-cute lost, it's quite possible that you'd be raising rabbots or something that weren't fluffs, but they didn't lose. This event progresses the story for the events and sets things up for Halloween while giving everyone the opportunity to try out the Pet system. If you don't like cute things then bide your time and look forward to Halloween. You can still enjoy the mechanics and gameplay of a Pet system without liking fluffs.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Uncle Kenny
Heavendove
The Undead Suitor
Lazarus Larkin

wait

See, contrary to popular belief, the things we do aren't actually giant conspiracies or attempts to make users unhappy. That'd be a really bad business practice. We had no predetermined winning side for Easter, it was entirely determined by those who were playing it. This isn't a reward for the cute team, neither team received a "reward" because the story isn't resolved yet. As I've said a couple times now, the big events for this year are all tied together and the story will be wrapped up with all of them combined, not be a single thing. Rewards aren't given for winning a battle, they're given for winning the war.

Fluffs are used for the Summer event because it ties perfectly with the storyline behind the events. The anti-cute team doesn't have pets to raise currently because they weren't the ones that were beaten and crushed by the Easter Bunny. The injured fluffs needing rehabilitation lends itself directly to our plan for a Pet system. Had anti-cute lost, it's quite possible that you'd be raising rabbots or something that weren't fluffs, but they didn't lose. This event progresses the story for the events and sets things up for Halloween while giving everyone the opportunity to try out the Pet system. If you don't like cute things then bide your time and look forward to Halloween. You can still enjoy the mechanics and gameplay of a Pet system without liking fluffs.

This made me giggle.

You know E-Corp, Uncle Kenny. We like to b***h. <3 (It's part of being the "bad guys".)

If it makes other E-Corpers feel better, this being about fluffs will really tie in well with our summer event thread. <3 BUAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm personally hoping we will eventually get Rabbot pets. *hint hint*

Also....

... did you inadvertently drop us a future plot hint?

WILL THE EASTER BUNNY BE IN HALLOWEEN? *will totes assume so even if he isn't*

I love events that have a continuing plot!

It's a first in a long time. (Since, what? The Zurg?)

Scurvy Pirate

Yeata Zi
Uncle Kenny
Heavendove
The Undead Suitor
Lazarus Larkin

wait

This made me giggle.

You know E-Corp, Uncle Kenny. We like to b***h. <3 (It's part of being the "bad guys".)

If it makes other E-Corpers feel better, this being about fluffs will really tie in well with our summer event thread. <3 BUAHAHAHAHAHA

Also....

I wouldn't call it inadvertent; my words were chosen carefully. What people conclude from my words is up to them and they'll have to wait a bit to see if their theories are accurate wink

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Uncle Kenny
Yeata Zi
Uncle Kenny
Heavendove
The Undead Suitor
Lazarus Larkin

wait

This made me giggle.

Also....

I wouldn't call it inadvertent; my words were chosen carefully. What people conclude from my words is up to them and they'll have to wait a bit to see if their theories are accurate wink
You literally kill me.... I'm shivering with...

I do ever so hope my ideal dream event will come to fruition.

EASTER vs. HALLOWEEN vs. XMAS!

IT WOULD BE THE BEST EVENT EVER!

Just saying.

Just. Saying.

Also, that dreams involves the Easter Bunny popping in here to say hullo every now and then. biggrin

Familiar Cutesmasher

10,375 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
WE CAN BE EEEEEEEEVIL!

Celestial Spirit

Uncle Kenny
Heavendove
The Undead Suitor
Lazarus Larkin

wait

I can see how it works story-wise, and personally, I'm not that bothered by it.
But it does seem a little odd from a game-mechanics/public-involvement perspective that the two previous teams should be expected to essentially work together on this. I think the issue is that, since you did say these events are all tied together, it makes sense to us to carry our loyalties through to the end (even for some of us who aren't E-CORP). Yet it doesn't sound as though that's really possible in the summer event, unless we don't participate at all.

Obviously, we don't know everything yet, and I'm sure we'll deal with it, regardless. I'm just saying this for future reference, because I think the issue is something a little more significant than, "we don't like fluffs."

Thanks for your time, in any case. ^_^

kirafckr's Partner

Demonic Recalibrator

19,650 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Redecorator 50
Uncle Kenny
Heavendove
The Undead Suitor
Lazarus Larkin

wait

You did kinda made it so that anyone with a conscience would pick the cute team, meaning that only the EB fans, evil monster/vampire type characters, and robot lovers would pick the anti-cute team. I don't really mind it that much though 'cause we won anyway. EB did squish his fluff, so that gives the impression that the anti-cute team are encouraged to do the same. None of the item collecting people in E-Corp are gonna do that.

Hopefully the fluffs will work in the diedrich soup making machine. Kinda makes me think though... Will EB get his revenge on Jack? That would be so awesome. Looks like vampires won't be in the Halloween event though... I really can't see Jack teaming up with the fluffs. So EB teams up with diedrich & fluffs to get revenge on Jack? That's strange. Hmm... I don't want fluffs in Halloween, it would really ruin the mood.

Oh my, Vampire fluffs. That would work. Satisfyingly gory. Don't get what is happening with Nyx though, that seems to have been abandoned. Unless all the NPCs team up to defeat Nyx. Not very halloweeny though, either.

This guessing is kinda pointless though... Surprise me! whee

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Kenny, seriously, you're trying to make excuses, but you guys are still totally ignoring the fact that half of Gaia spent Easter beating the fluffs up and that you're ignoring that half in this current event.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
This is fairly common place.

Just grit your teeth and think of England.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff