Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cat

Narumi Misuhara
Kitt Koneko
... Is it bad that now I'm biased against whoever this is because of the creation?

Don't judge to quickly, she went on to being lead artist on Bastion

She had amazing art and her dedication to Gaia and getting things done no matter what else was going on has earned her my respect for all time.
I don't know what that is at all. Or if that would be significant. I mean you can be good at art but still be responsible for a design people don't like.
I'm just really resentful that diedrich came about and I feel changed how NPC plotlines have been. Now we have more random and vapid plotlines.
I joined Gaia in November 2003 where there was more depth. Or it could just be I was young and it meant more because it seemed magical. I just miss that intricacy. This Easter event I felt brought back some of that. But it didn't have a ton of depth beyond referencing an older comic to me. I miss there being one focused plotline so I think this all adds to general resentment and it is probably misplaced.
Gaia can't go back to what it was I realize because the userbase has changed and main focus seems to now be items. I just miss what it was. Having cool items but them not being the only focus. Like I don't think all these items and things need stories every time or new NPCs.

o: I went way off on a tangent. Diedrich just stands as a symbol of what I dislike about how Gaia has changed, I think. I'll just keep it there instead of people.

Aged Raider

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Brandisher 100
Kitt Koneko
... Is it bad that now I'm biased against whoever this is because of the creation?
Woah Woah Woah now. Lets not blame the artist on what Diedrich has become. He was fine as an April Fools Joke. He just has been overexposed. It's like if Omnidrink became the new Gambino.

and she doesn't even work here anymore. and she was like the best silver age artist and and and you should go buy a Fremere's Guard :B

Cat

ZoneIV
Kitt Koneko
Woah Woah Woah now. Lets not blame the artist on what Diedrich has become. He was fine as an April Fools Joke. He just has been overexposed. It's like if Omnidrink became the new Gambino.

and she doesn't even work here anymore. and she was like the best silver age artist and and and you should go buy a Fremere's Guard :B
emo I've wanted Fremere's Guard for awhile but I can't afford it.

And yeah if you read my previous post I ended up summarizing that I was just misplacing resentment.

x .x Today has been stressful for me so it could just be coming out online.

Aged Raider

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Brandisher 100
Kitt Koneko
ZoneIV
Kitt Koneko

emo I've wanted Fremere's Guard for awhile but I can't afford it.

And yeah if you read my previous post I ended up summarizing that I was just misplacing resentment.

x .x Today has been stressful for me so it could just be coming out online.
Oh the Fremere's Guard thing was just a joke xD

Alien Lover

37,825 Points
  • Poltergeist Pulverizer 100
  • Nebula Novice 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
I would love to be added to the list wink

GobSlobTsu's Husband

Eerie Bunny

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Narumi Misuhara
Kitt Koneko

She had amazing art and her dedication to Gaia and getting things done no matter what else was going on has earned her my respect for all time.
Oh sure, I totally love her work. I'm watching her on DA and I respect her as an artist.

But even if you're the greatest creator in the world, you can make something people will hate for generations. Even Shigeru Miyamoto created Slippy Toad.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Lord Lapin
Narumi Misuhara
Kitt Koneko

Oh sure, I totally love her work. I'm watching her on DA and I respect her as an artist.

But even if you're the greatest creator in the world, you can make something people will hate for generations. Even Shigeru Miyamoto created Slippy Toad.

That's fine, but hate the creation, not the person. That's all I was trying to get at.

GobSlobTsu's Husband

Eerie Bunny

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Narumi Misuhara
Lord Lapin
Narumi Misuhara
Kitt Koneko

That's fine, but hate the creation, not the person. That's all I was trying to get at.

Inverted if you're talking about Gabe Newell. :U

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Narumi Misuhara
Lord Lapin
Narumi Misuhara
Kitt Koneko

I'm totaLLY WITH YOU ON THIS. I've never ever blamed the artist for Diedrich.

Now... the event staff for putting him in every event on the other hand....

j/k. I understand how popular he is (just not why he's so popular)

biggrin

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Narumi Misuhara
Lord Lapin
Narumi Misuhara
Kitt Koneko

...But what about Reapersun? emotion_awesome

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Pirate Captain Sushi
Narumi Misuhara
Lord Lapin
Narumi Misuhara
Kitt Koneko

Hey. Lay off Reapersun.

Her art this past event for the Easter Bunny was awesome.

even if she has some weird raed briefs obsession. Reapersun, I didn't know you had penises all over your tumblr. It should come with a disclaimer. I didn't expect a p***s.

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Yeata Zi
Pirate Captain Sushi
Narumi Misuhara
Lord Lapin
Narumi Misuhara
Kitt Koneko

Hey. Lay off Reapersun.

even if she has some weird raed briefs obsession. Reapersun, I didn't know you had penises all over your tumblr. It should come with a disclaimer. I didn't expect a p***s.

It totally was, but it's just a thing.
Everybody blames Reapersun, even for thing she hasn't done! gonk

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Pirate Captain Sushi
Yeata Zi
Pirate Captain Sushi
Narumi Misuhara
Lord Lapin

Hey. Lay off Reapersun.

It totally was, but it's just a thing.
Everybody blames Reapersun, even for thing she hasn't done! gonk
I only started doing it because of Suitor. You know, because I enjoy staff trolling.

Celestial Spirit

Lord Lapin
Narumi Misuhara
Kitt Koneko

Oh man, did you have to remind me? Now I can hear that voice in my head again...

Fluffy Cat

Yeata Zi
Hey. Lay off Reapersun.

I need to check out that tumblr of hers... ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces