• Jack-pot 100
Lord Tyhnu
Pirate Captain Sushi
Lord Tyhnu
Pirate Captain Sushi
Lord Tyhnu
Pirate Captain Sushi
I spy a Tyhnu. ninja

Ahh, I'm still awaiting the Easter Bunny's friend request response. I sent him one a WHILE ago. whee

I doubt he's going to accept it. sweatdrop

Why yes you do. I decided to come back so as not to miss the Easter event.

I'm still hoping we fight the Easter Bunny in zOMG. >w>

Yeah, that would be all kinds of win. He'd probably be hard as hell though, what with being a demigod and all.

Not necessarily.
The zOMG! devs learned from the Halloween event with Jack and how when he would spawn, his crazy high CL made users flock all at once to that special area and crash the servers. They're probably going to go for another route and have Easter Bunny spawn often but be weaker to kill. D:
Makes users more lax and provokes the mentality of "Oh that? Yeah, I'll do it later, I have plenty of time."

His drop rate isn't going to be as high either.
HQ is already pissed at the Devs for helping inflation.

I still want see his avatar in zOMG though. >W>

Ah, see I wasn't here for the Halloween event so I didn't even know there's was a thing with Jack. XD

In other news, I mades a Easter Bunny drawing. 8D

Oh, well from what I gather they made someone play the enemy Jack with a set of custom rings.
His skill difficulty varied from where he spawned. Otami Jack was like the golden egg with 1000x more health. The screen was so crowded with users that we lagged 10 minutes behind, even on a Broadband connection. Every hit did only one damage... it took my group 6 hours straight. D8

And Squeeeeee bunny art! My tur-... owait I has commissions to do. 3:

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Pirate Captain Sushi
Lord Tyhnu
Pirate Captain Sushi
Lord Tyhnu
Pirate Captain Sushi

Yeah, that would be all kinds of win. He'd probably be hard as hell though, what with being a demigod and all.

Not necessarily.
The zOMG! devs learned from the Halloween event with Jack and how when he would spawn, his crazy high CL made users flock all at once to that special area and crash the servers. They're probably going to go for another route and have Easter Bunny spawn often but be weaker to kill. D:
Makes users more lax and provokes the mentality of "Oh that? Yeah, I'll do it later, I have plenty of time."

Ah, see I wasn't here for the Halloween event so I didn't even know there's was a thing with Jack. XD

Oh, well from what I gather they made someone play the enemy Jack with a set of custom rings.
His skill difficulty varied from where he spawned. Otami Jack was like the golden egg with 1000x more health. The screen was so crowded with users that we lagged 10 minutes behind, even on a Broadband connection. Every hit did only one damage... it took my group 6 hours straight. D8

Lol, dear lord, that sounds ridiculous. Considering that Jack can KO the Easter Bunny in one punch it would make sense anyway to have him weaker.

Pffft, I have tons of s**t to do but I drew it anyway and want to do a few more.

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Lord Tyhnu
Pirate Captain Sushi
Lord Tyhnu
Pirate Captain Sushi
Lord Tyhnu
Pirate Captain Sushi

Not necessarily.

Lol, dear lord, that sounds ridiculous. Considering that Jack can KO the Easter Bunny in one punch it would make sense anyway to have him weaker.

Pffft, I have tons of s**t to do but I drew it anyway and want to do a few more.

Pfft, Jack was only stronger cause the Easter Bunny didn't have his giant carrot to beat him to death with.

I'm a procrastinator, I procrastinate, these images were due like a month ago. User Image

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Pirate Captain Sushi
Lord Tyhnu
Pirate Captain Sushi
Lord Tyhnu
Pirate Captain Sushi

Not necessarily.

Pfft, Jack was only stronger cause the Easter Bunny didn't have his giant carrot to beat him to death with.

I'm a procrastinator, I procrastinate, these images were due like a month ago. User Image

Well, there's that and there's the fact that he was caught totally off guard. Cheap shot was cheap. Poor guy was already messed up ahead of time what with putting so much value on his own adorableness.
He's a much more psychologically complex character than most of Gaia's NPCs, which is what I've always liked. I just hope whoever writes the plot doesn't end up ruining him by being ignorant of what drives people to be narcissists and bullies.

Magical Warlord

62,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
Lord Lapin
Welcome to E CORP, miss. o3o

So folks, how do YOU think the Easter Bunny views our relation to Jack and Santa? Does he hate US for liking them or is it just the fact that they have fans?

I'd like to know more about what you guys think on the matter.

I'm sure the Easter Bunny doesn't like us interacting with either of them. That's extremely understandable. I wouldn't like people I know associating with violent and destructive idiots such as them. If the Easter Bunny truly hated us, he would have gone away not even bothering to make his presence know any longer. He's still here, so it shows he still cares for us. Oh, and the clock egg given to us was a way for us to keep him in mind. It was a somewhat harmless prank ...especially when compared to [Santa & Jack] blowing up buildings around Gaia's citizens. ._.

By the way, I don't like Santa. I just like most of his gifts. He's not very bright and proved so last Xmas. Those poor, poor, used, and mistreated elves. XD I'm no fan of Jack either. Which is one of the reasons I enjoyed killing him during the zOMG Halloween event. Neither of them are anything special without gift-giving. I'm pretty sure their popularity would fall if the Easter Bunny was shown more love and featured more. They seem scared that his presence will bring him more popularity. Why else would they keep him so hidden?

A bit off topic but I still need to say this...
I don't get is the hate in here on Diedrich. I swear he's just a reincarnated Gambino in grunny form. He pops up during random holidays (e.g. Easter, Earth Day, Valentines, etc.) as filler. Surely you guys don't find him a threat to The Big Guy? u_u That would be an insult. The Easter Bunny has no replacement.

Besides, he came to us before the others. Not to mention, Easter is before Halloween and Xmas. See? He's suppose to be coming first. Gaia needs to stop abandoning their oldest and beloved characters and focus more on them. The Easter Bunny needs little bunny bani minions. No, not grunnies. Actual bunnies banis. Santa has elves. Why can't he have helpers?

There. I've stated my piece.

Fluffy Cat

BloodyLovely

A bit off topic but I still need to say this...
I don't get is the hate in here on Diedrich. I swear he's just a reincarnated Gambino in grunny form. He pops up during random holidays (e.g. Easter, Earth Day, Valentines, etc.) as filler. Surely you guys don't find him a threat to The Big Guy? u_u That would be an insult. The Easter Bunny has no replacement.

You have a point there, there's no worthy replacement for the Easter Bunny.
But let me explain a few things:

Diedrich took over the main event on easter 2010, even the head banner was grunny-themed during that event. (Source) What's even more unsettling is that he's called Easter Grunny in the last pose of this item, which was given out during said easter. But the worst thing is: Diedrich has much more publicity than the Easter Bunny! Now that is an insult to our great master!

So, does Gaia plan to replace the Easter Bunny with Diedrich? Nobody can say for sure.
There are some things I want to point out though:

• Diedrich appeared after the death of Gambino

• What we know from the storyline so far is that the same organization that was responsible for his death is also after our demi-gods and holiday gods (including the Easter Bunny).

• Our holiday gods probably reach the peak of their powers during their respective holidays. But what happens when you try to take those holidays from them?

Is this all coincidence?

The answer is clear: Maybe...

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Went digging around in my Gaia screenshots, found this one from the skittles game during Easter. If you talked to him again after getting your prize this is what he said. lol

User Image

GobSlobTsu's Husband

Eerie Bunny

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Diedrich is hated by ME for the following reasons:

-He took over Easter one year.
-He proclaimed Grunnies come from eggs when they really explode from heads.
-He called himself the Easter Grunny.
-Reapersun characters have a nasty habit of setting themselves up and taking all the limelight. We could very well have our adored Easter Bunny replaced with Diedrich because HQ foresee's him as a more 'popular' candidate.
-Diedrich has been ALL OVER the place.
-He's really annoying.
-Items based off his weird distorted ears are hard to match.
-I just flat out hate him.

Magical Warlord

62,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250

@MadPad:
You got me there. I never realized Diedrich had a pose with such a name. It is sad that he has been granted so much coverage while the Easter Bunny gets little to none. Of course, that doesn't surprise me. They seem to enjoy replacing the old with the new in every aspect possible. One can only hope they wouldn't be crazy enough to believe that odd little lime green bunny (I have now give up on calling him a grunny...he doesn't look nor act like one) will reign over Easter events from now on. I would definitely protest that.

@Lord Tyhnu:
I remember that! I actually forgot he was there. ._.

@Lord Lapin:
I noted the Easter take over but like I said he's taken over other holidays too. I just want them to be fair and make him also hijack Xmas and Halloween. If people see him enough they may grow tired of him...like I have.
Diedrich says a lot of crazy and senseless stuff.
I've never noticed the Reapersun thing. I would have to look into that.
True, imho, his cuteness has worn off. He is getting to be rather annoying to me. Can't say I hate him, but still can't say I like him.
Well, I can't disagree with that one at all. XD
I guess he just rubs some people wrong.

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Lord Lapin
Diedrich is hated by ME for the following reasons:

-He took over Easter one year.
-He proclaimed Grunnies come from eggs when they really explode from heads.
-He called himself the Easter Grunny.
-Reapersun characters have a nasty habit of setting themselves up and taking all the limelight. We could very well have our adored Easter Bunny replaced with Diedrich because HQ foresee's him as a more 'popular' candidate.
-Diedrich has been ALL OVER the place.
-He's really annoying.
-Items based off his weird distorted ears are hard to match.
-I just flat out hate him.

To add on to this, I get the distinct feeling that the current artists don't have the necessary skill to draw the Easter Bunny correctly and want to avoid drawing him. They're pretty typical "kawaii desu and hawt yaoi" artists for the most part, which is bothersome on it's own. They drew just his head in the New Beginnings manga and completely failed just that. He's a challenge to draw, while Diedrich is quite the opposite.

Anxious Shapeshifter

We need an artist on the manga staff that just draws mecha. :< Maybe then, the Easter Bunny will get proper representation in the plotline.User Image

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Arizona Ranger
      We need an artist on the manga staff that just draws mecha. :< Maybe then, the Easter Bunny will get proper representation in the plotline.User Image

They need a creature artist more specifically, cause their more recent non-human character designs have a tendency of being plain sad ( floating blob with a generic face? really Gaia?). I would draw him for them for free, just to see him get to actually do something in the plot for once.

GobSlobTsu's Husband

Eerie Bunny

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Lord Tyhnu

To add on to this, I get the distinct feeling that the current artists don't have the necessary skill to draw the Easter Bunny correctly and want to avoid drawing him. They're pretty typical "kawaii desu and hawt yaoi" artists for the most part, which is bothersome on it's own. They drew just his head in the New Beginnings manga and completely failed just that. He's a challenge to draw, while Diedrich is quite the opposite.

I couldn't agree with you more.
We've only seen the Easter Bunny ONCE in the current manga storyline and his entire body was covered up by Santa's fat keister. Only his head and shoulders were visible.
The manga artists also appear to be having a hard time drawing Jack, judging by his lack of nose and simplistic facial features in less-than-recent updates.

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Lord Lapin
Lord Tyhnu

I couldn't agree with you more.
We've only seen the Easter Bunny ONCE in the current manga storyline and his entire body was covered up by Santa's fat keister. Only his head and shoulders were visible.
The manga artists also appear to be having a hard time drawing Jack, judging by his lack of nose and simplistic facial features in less-than-recent updates.

Indeed, and like I said, what little they did draw of him wasn't even done right and a lot of people didn't even notice he was there with how little of him was showing. I remember having to take a screenshot and draw a huge arrow pointing at him because people couldn't see him. gonk

I remember a lot of people complaining about Jack's huge change in appearance as well in the manga. I get that different styles will modify the characters a bit, but what they did to Jack was rather...dramatic. The artist staff desperately needs a creature artist or two just for the non-human characters, because the ones we have now don't seem to know how to draw anything but humans, cutesy things and GODDAMN AIRSHIPS.

Anxious Shapeshifter

AIRSHIPS. AIRSHIPS EVERYWHERE. BWAHAHAHA.

@__@ I admit it, I'm a bit tired of them now. It's like... c'mon, guys. We've got the tech to make more advanced means of transport. Needs more spacecraft. Or cars at the very least, ffs.

I would so volunteer to draw the Easter Bunny into the plot manga. Mechanical things and creatures and the like are friggin fun to draw.
      User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces