Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Tatianna "Anna" Eve

Anna drank about half her tea, before she could no longer swallow. She looked back at Talon when he finally answered her questions. And replied softly, with her warm smile everyone was used to. Her eyes were wet, but her cheeks weren't. "It makes perfect sense to me honey, it's what I feel about you sometimes as well. If we're being honest. But repressing it doesn't make it easier, because sooner or later, six years later for me, we have to come face to face with it. You will always be one of my closest friends Talon, but in the small moments when I see Laxton.... There's love and hate, I don't know if I should hug you, or push you with all my might. If you can understand me, I can understand you." She smiled at him softly.

"Were things ever simple for you Talon?" And then, she broke out in laughter. A giddy helpless laughter that she tried to stifle in her hands.

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
lizardman ((mummyman3))
lizardman ((mummyman3))
User Image

DT and Vea

DT and Vea both nodded their heads in respect to the man, they had heard of Talon through military banks. Yet when they saw their own chance to run, and to live, they took it. They may have been artificial but years in a study lab will take its own toll, he was tired of the constant testing, and Vea was fed up with the annoying tasks they set before them. The whole thing to them was stupid. Yet in their escape it was the military's fault for training them, giving them access to information, that was the one mistake they ever made with DT and his partner.

Vea spoke to Talon with a tone that complimented any being, "We thank you for your hospitality, the military is out and about in search for us we regret. We also regret to inform that we are not your typical automaton, of this you can rest assured. We need no sleep, food, nor water. Just basic power to survive, even an outlet will suffice for eight hours of charge until we are sluggish. We record all data and scan all visual objects as well, for memory purposes we are currently documenting this right now. Our escape has been followed since nearly three years ago when we broke out. The situation is neither grave nor dire. This is all we can currently say on this issue to make you fully aware of the situation at hand with us." She dipped in.a.curtsey and greeted him with an entire report.

DT watched Talon move about, "In short good sir, we are grateful for letting us in your establishment." He said as he lowered his hand his radar scanning the area for five miles, Talon may have disliked technology but now technology has something to offer in return. This is what DT was made for recon, and delegations. As well as killing, maiming, shredding living objects in a defensive manner. In short they were as good as Grotham in strength, but far superior in battle than the dragon. They were able to do things the dragon would be unable to do.
Ronin
User Image

Ronin continued to sit and drink his coffee while listening to the exchange between Talon and the android, whom he had just witnessed producing an image of a woman in a white dress. She was rather beautiful for being a hologram. He continued to listen to the conversation between them, as well as the ancient man drinking his coffee, and then the red-head and her daughter, asking for some hot cocoa, all the while the merc drank from his own mug. He considered attempting to try and converse with them, but decided against it, not wanting to bother them, but also because his writer was unsure of how to throw him into the conversation anyway.

Ronin drank the last of his coffee and then rested his elbow upon the counter, while resting his head upon his palm, pondering on what to do today. "I wonder if there are any jobs I can probably do today....but I feel like today's gonna be pretty slow and uneventful. Ahh well...maybe I'll just do some training, but I wonder if there's a training room in this tavern. After all, a lot of these places tend to have 'em anyways..."

Talon Sky

l-holyshittis-l

Rose Scented

lizardman ((mummyman3))

Tiny_rel
User Image
Tatianna "Anna" Eve

Anna took a short mental break from the conversation she was having with Talon or Laxton? Hell, it was probably both. Either way, she decided instead to scan the room looking at all the new faces, as well reading some thoughts. Honestly, all the new people was a bit unnerving for her. That was until she had stopped just short of making eye contact of one of the patrons. Honestly, she had noticed him before, but walking was taking too much energy at the time. She listened to him for a while and acted on instinct. Later she would be thankful that she didn't tell him she had been listening. Anna smiled at him, and waved. A simple measure, but it invited him over if he wanted it, and if not it would give her a window later.

She went back to her conversation with Talon, but she would keep her senses out for the new guy.

With:

HaJoeKen

Talon Sky
Ronin
User Image

Ronin's wandering eyes had returned to the redhead, who waved at him with a friendly, inviting enough smile. "...you just read my mind, didn't you?" he shot her a playful, knowing smile. Though he's not exactly a mind reader, he's starting to get a feeling that some people here can read minds, something like a tugging sensation whenever he's running an idea through his mind. Ronin hopped off of his high barstool and walked towards her, as well as the little girl with her, and he greeted them both with a friendly, somewhat goofy grin from underneath his scarf. "Hey there! How're you two doing on this fine morning?" Though he was hoping he didn't seem like a dangerous swordsman, especially to the little girl, since he has a sword strapped to his back.

Talon Sky

l-holyshittis-l

Rose Scented

lizardman ((mummyman3))

Tiny_rel
User Image
Tatianna "Anna" Eve

Anna turned away slightly to her tea, when she had heard the accusation of her reading his mind. She blushed softly, if only he knew he could reply to her that easily, or that she couldn't shut it off. There wasn't much left in her cup anymore, but she couldn't get up and refill it now. That would be rude to both Talon and the gentleman coming over now. Bah.

Shilo came back up with a book just as he had greeted them. "Why do you have a scarf around your mouth? Is it to.." Anna cut her off before she had the chance to go on a tangent. "Shh.... It's rude to ask too many questions before people have a chance to answer baby girl. On top of that, he said hi, and you didn't even greet him, or respond to his question."

She looked apologetically at the stranger. "Hello there sweetheart, Shilo's better than me. She's full of energy, while I on the other hand am recovering from being sick. How are you?"

With:

Talon Sky

HaJoeKen
Ronin
User Image

Upon the little one asking about his scarf before getting cut off briefly by her mother, Ronin let out a light-hearted chuckle as he pointed at the black scarf wrapped around his neck. "You mean this? Oh it's just something I like to wear. Kind of my own style, really." Though that was only partly the reason, but more than anything is that it once belonged to his dead father, and he keeps it in memory of him. The scarfed merc then turned his attention towards the redhead, who told him that while her daughter was doing just fine, as he can clearly see, she herself was sick, and an apologetic frown curved upon his lips. She then asked how he was doing. "Oh I'm alright, just slightly bored and unsure of what to do today. That sucks that you're not feeling well...here's to hoping you get better soon." Ronin nodded towards the female, his dark brown eyes shining with hope and a small smile curved upon his lightly stubbled face.

Tiny_rel

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

(OoC: Holy s**t guys, on Wednesday I'll be able to be online during the day! What a novel concept! Lol)

"Were things ever simple for you Talon?"

Talon, being in a heavily contemplative mood, actually almost answered Anna's question with a serious no. No, life was not easy for the half-demon and never had been. He'd come to love and lose his loves to the ravages of time a good three times now, and the warrior was honestly sick to his stomach with worry over when....when, not if....it would happen again. He'd had nightmares of standing beside Nova's tomb, weeping. Yes, she continually reincarnated, but there were means to destroy such a creature. Every inch of self-loathing in Talon's mind told him it would come, eventually, and because of him in some way. Talon would outlive Anna, eventually, and might even have to bury Aiden one day too.

....wait, why did Talon suddenly have the idea his previous wife, Ashlee, was dead? She was alive and well last he knew. Hmm, force of habit I suppose....

Anna's laughter snapped Talon out of his morbid train of thought, and the half-demon joined her in a hearty laugh. In a moment, all the dread and fear had fled from his heart as quickly as it had come. When Shilo and Ronin joined them, Talon smiled and motioned for a moment while he spoke to the android.

Talon re-engaged the robot, DT, in conversation. His dazzling eyes rested on the projection of a girl in white, and Talon was reminded fondly of an online game he used to play. There had been a radiant AI named Aura in it, and Talon had helped her be 'born' and become truly alive. He wondered about the online world he'd left, wondered if anyone missed his character, the legendary Balmung of the Azure Sky....

"....We record all data and scan all visual objects as well, for memory purposes we are currently documenting this right now. Our escape has been followed since nearly three years ago when we broke out...."

Talon found himself shaking his head of silver hair before the girl had finished speaking. "There I must put my foot down, that I must. You are welcome to stay here....I harbor no love for the military, that I surely do not....but you must swear to me that you will record nor document nothing in your time here. There are many within these walls seeking refuge from many enemies themselves, and I cannot endanger them for the sake of one." He also thought about his secret organization of hunters, the real reason behind Venantium. Wouldn't that piece of information be worth a pretty copper piece to the right person?

With:

Tiny_rel

lizardman ((mummyman3))

HaJoeKen

Where: The Bar

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
DT shut off Vea and was getting a hefty dosage of cursing and anger from her, but what she said apparently made Talon uncomfortable, and as such he sought to correct that problem. "What my companion means to say is that our memory core is constant, to cease recording, would be like a dead sleep for humans. I.E. a comatose state, the memory core is directly linked between the two programs, but completely interwoven through the brain. My mind is as random as a humans, to steal my information would be like trying to steal who we are inside. As such my technology and body alone would be enough to kill for, as such I have no fear of fighting for my life, or terminating it if there is a.substantial security threat. All things lead to and fro in life, as does my mind." He projected a screen image of his own neural pathways and biological components, the intricate link between biology and machine could not be comprehended by mere mortals. The underlying mechanics of the mind were so sporadic in motion that it could in a sense be called a conscious being. Alive, or self aware, or knowing it exists, all of these were leading to true life, the ability to call oneself alive was a process that took a millennia, and somehow the government had made a life form artificially in this day and age. DT turned the projection off and turned back to Talon, a compartment opened in the side of his head, and a small chip used for extra storage was removed, he cupped his hand around it and held it out to.Talon, "It is not just a piece of me." That was all he said, if the man was.curious enough to know.what.was.on the chip all he had to do was place it in a computer. Then all of the information on DT, Vea, the body, the brain, the government, all of it would be Talon's for the taking. What he did with it was up to him, "It updates every five minutes." He said as he told nothing but truth in case the man had any doubts upon his new guests.

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

Talon took the chip silently as he listened to DT explain the way his biotech mind worked. Turning the chip over and over in his hands, the half-demon was struck with all sorts of wild ideas....ranging from striking out at the government, to simply seeing what they had to say about him and his son in this day and age. "Clever," Talon complimented, handing the chip back. "Knowing the government's every move is a valuable asset when they're searching for you. Here, you keep this inside you. Better that you know if the military is coming than having to wait for me to access a computer."

Talon shifted for a moment, his eyes scrutinizing the android. "What's the current dossier on Aiden Sky say, if you could....?" Talon inquired about his own son, likewise on the run from the military after serving as a State Alchemist for some five years or so. Aiden had been on the run for almost fifteen years now.

With:

Tiny_rel

lizardman ((mummyman3))

HaJoeKen

Where: The Bar

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
DT ran through his information on all military personnel active, inactive, MIA, and KIA he ran a search for a specific person. He also used key features to identify the person in visual format, when he had it he simply displayed it in his hand. The holo-emitters in his hands working to produce in amage of the file, he had no need or want to view the information requested. Mostly because he already knew, but because it was a request he took it to a confidentiality level. In which case any attempt to vie the file save the sole person viewing it all data would be deleted, the file in a sense shredded. "If that is your wish." Was all he said when Talon handed back the chip, he reinserted it and closed the port. He then opened another one and pulled out a com-link unit, he simply held it out, "Should you need to speak to me while I am away this will surely allow you to reach me. Simply place it in your ear and push the side gently." He stated the instructions for it and awaited for Talon to respond.

Profitable Entrepreneur

[[ Heh. I've gotten busier than I reckoned I'd be this summer. And now I'm back to classes this autumn. I've really been itching to roleplay the entire time too. My creative side is pretty damn high right now since I've started classes again. Anywhosim, what have I missed? ]]

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

OOC: Nothing really. On another note I'll be getting IC here again soon.
Walking with his cane sword toward the establishment, Mortel stopped to look in analysis of the building. Wondering to himself, he asked Oh my...i wonder if there's a tour guide here to help me get around. As he notices his feet continue to walk toward the construct, he stops at the front door, examining it, wondering if he should knock or simply walk in. With a shrug, he walks through the front door and looks around in the room.

Enduring Rare

14,850 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Winged 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
There is absence, and then, simply, there is presence; a figure of a wear-worn humanoid, youthful, but haggard in the way It seems frayed around the edges, as if rubbed upon none too keenly. Perched upon a bar stool at the vacant stretch of counter-top, the mess of dark, brown mousy hair catches the light of the incandescent overhead and swallows it whole.

Its pushing palms into Its eyes with gritted teeth and clenched jaw, muscles bunching, pulsing beneath the thin stretch of skin over the mandibular joint. It aches.

Somewhere in the region of chest, a slow moving torrent echoes, hollow, wailing unease through the epicentre of self, and Sanguis grinds the heels of Its palms against the protrusion of eye sockets, the thick ridge of bone like an anchor.

This place is too quiet,and Its thoughts far too loud.

It sighs with an expulsion of air that do little to ease the cracks protruding through ribs in the metaphoric plane of semblance, relevance a far-fetched tick of the clock somewhere across the room, on the far wall. It begins to a hum an off-kilter melody, jilted and stinted with the surge of tension that cranks Its shoulders up around Its head and sets Its teeth perpetually on edge.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff