Welcome to Gaia! ::

((OOC: Hey guys, just wanted to give you a friendly update. I apologize for lack of the story moving. I'm almost literally in the middle of a moving process, in the thick of planning my wedding, and attempting to get the kids registered for summer school/camp. On top of that, I'm almost certain that Talon is working abroad right now. I'm willing to soapbox with anyone, just post, and as I check in, I'll reply. cat_biggrin ))

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
(I'm looking forward to Xartia's return :p Speaking of, I'm back! I got sent to another state for work >.< )

At the present, in the bar
Aiden didn't answer Anna for a few moments, close to a minute, but the silence wasn't awkward. At least, not to him. The early morning sounds filtered in through the nearby window, and the ever constant sputtering of the coffee pot brought with it a sense of tranquility. The young man needed just that, a calm moment of reflection, before making possibly one of the biggest decisions of his life.

Two days ago, hours before Talon and Shilo's departure
"Did it ever occur to you that maybe I don't WANT to stay here and run this little business of yours, old man? That Anna might not?" the young swashbuckler sourly spat at Talon, who was strangely serene despite their argument. The pair were walking together around the outside perimeter of the Inn, and Talon had taken great care to point out any weak points to his son.

""Of course, Aiden. But I know you, and I know Anna. You want to be where you can fight against the tides of evil, and Anna wants to be where she can help care for those she loves. Both are here, at Venantium. Destiny is here, Aiden. Destiny always draws us back into where we ought to be," Talon said with a smile on his face, not an unusual occurrence to be sure. But there was excitement on the half-demon's countenance tonight, and that hadn't truly been seen in some time. Adventure was just around the horizon, Talon knew, and it called to him.

Aiden had thought his father's words over, and to his frustration he could not outright dismiss them. "You have an answer for everything, don't you, you old b*****d?"

Talon merely chuckled. Chuckled, and went back to appointing Aiden the new guardian of the Venantium Inn. Anna would run the Inn service, and Aiden would take over the hunting service. And Talon would do what he always did best: organize others to do what he wanted, and then go fix things behind the scenes. Aiden only hoped that this time Talon would return before Shilo's entire childhood had passed.

The present
Aiden's steel gray eyes had slowly drifted back to Anna as his thoughts had swept him away from their current conversation. In truth, the blond man didn't have an answer for the witch; was he stalling on admitting that? "I don't....I don't know, Anna. I don't know what we should do, what we're supposed to do. But....I know that I want to...."

Aiden reached out his hand for one of Anna's sleeker, slimmer hands, and took hers into his own. "Truth be told, I've never felt the way I feel when I'm around you. For once, I'm unsure and more than a little afraid....but I'm also excited. You intrigue me. And I want to explore that with you, wherever we are."

With

Tiny_rel

lizardman ((mummyman3))

KatkakePlushie

stillnohero

Kodaka

Definitely Not Rosie

Tatianna “Anna” Eve

User Image

((OOC: Be prepared for adult language..))

Anna giggled and squeezed Aiden’s hand softly.
“Oh honey, that’s the most bull s**t answer I have heard in some time. But sure, we’ll just go and see where things take us. We’ll do the one thing I’m horrible at, besides combat, which is flying by the seat of my pants.”

The sun was starting to shine more, and the cold of the morning was starting to wear off, but the witch could feel a chill anyways. Must be from the dew leaving the grass outside. With a wave of her free hand, Anna lit all of the fireplaces to combat said chill.

Her mind wondered to where people were and weren’t. Usual spots that would now be empty. But, she wouldn’t let her mind stay there, that place wasn’t a good place to be. With a soft shake of her head, she came back to the current conversation.

”What’s say you, next time, we get to be the ones that go out on an adventure and leave everyone else behind.”

She shivered, with her whole body, the cold had reached her. Anna smiled once more, leaned into Aiden and waved her coffee back to her, for the warmth.

Hopefully everything would be back to normal, before the cold air blew again. No matter how much that thought was wishful thinking. Anna was going to think it anyways.

Talon Sky

Anxious Cat

[( I'm just going to post and then die again. >> Don't mind me. Sorry guys. )]

Adventuring Protagonist

19,225 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
((OOC: Heya, just doing a quick post to say that I'm still somewhat here, and really this thread is the only reason I haven't yet formally quit Gaia. The plots and characters you guys have are so interesting, and I have many plans as well! Also, I apologize for the randomly thrown in Undertale reference. I'm very tired.))

Kat wasn't usually much for conversation, but she had never been so closed off before. She constantly distracted herself with books, although how she had suddenly acquired them was a mystery. Anytime she was left alone with her own thoughts, scenes of her city being attacked crept into her mind. Everyone she had ever known was destroyed, seemingly with little effort from the invading demons. Blood and nyx flames covered every surface. Bodies were strewn about everywhere you looked. She could do nothing but watch as that mysterious golden kitsune led her out of the city. She was supposed to be the gemless pixel mage, the hero of prophecy who would purge all evil from the multiverse. But now, she felt weak. She had barely escaped alive, and what little info the kitsune had given about Dracais's abilities did nothing to comfort her. If the serpent could control any mind... She pushed those thoughts away. Yet, she kept remembering something Sage had once told her. "No matter what, you will always have your creativity. Never forget that. No one can take it away from you." Heh. Lot of good that creativity was doing her now.

But there was still one thing... Lorekeeper had once explained how, because of Kat and Lana's connection as otherworldly counterparts, and because of a few complicated time magic theorems, one of them would know if the other had died. Somehow, Kat knew that Lana was still alive. Well, not quite alive... It was an odd feeling. Like a very blurry photograph. Whatever the case, as long as the demons weren't fireproof, Lana would surely prove helpful if the group planned on taking the fight to the monsters themselves. And for the sake of everyone, Kat would go to any length to slay the beasts who destroyed her home. After all, if creativity wasn't doing her any good, she still had LOVE. Or, in its unabbreviated form, Level Of ViolencE.

Meanwhile, among the ashes of a ruined city, a locket had been tossed aside and left on the ground, holding precious memories inside. It showed the only remaining picture of a love long lost, in a world long destroyed. The one who wore it had treasured it. They escaped the city's destruction, but they did not leave in control of their own body. Whatever took control had thrown the locket aside. So there it lay, the only clue in the search for the Ultimate Anomaly. And now, someone other than the kitsune would be searching as well. Someone socially awkward and destined to be a hero.

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
(hello guys I'm back I'm sorry for my disappearance I moved to Florida and my wife had her baby taste imma daddy of a beautiful baby boy, his name is zander I've also been busting my a** off with two jobs. Again in very sorry I will make a post asap. )

Adventuring Protagonist

19,225 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
((*pokes the Venatium thread with a stick*))

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
((ok soooooo...I have no clue what is going on right now so a post from the dragon original will be a no go until I can get caught up with what's been going on. So here is something else for you guys to enjoy posting to.))

He sat lurking in the shadows of the city alley ways watching everyone move about, staying out the way of the more powerful beings who resided. He was no more than a mere myth, a legend told around campfires. He stood at six foot seven inches, weighed in at around a hundred and seventy five pounds of lean muscle, his hair was buzzed short, his face carried the beard of a man who was scarred for life. A purple earring small and round looped through his ear, his eyes as black as the depth of space itself, a hollow shell, an emotionless being with little regard for life. He stood there watching the tavern, to him it was just another building waiting to rot and be forgotten yet he knew it would not be so. His skin pale and fragile looking as he raised a hand to his face to scratch his chin, "Yet here I am, staring at a building, why should care of this one?" He said to himself before realizing that he was drawn to it because of the powerful entities, yet in human form he was as powerful as a human. So for now he would sit and watch, this person this thing of another form.
He kept scratching his beard letting his own power seep gradually away from him, and as he did the ground began to softly shake, not enough to be noticed by mortals, but by those who sat in the very building he watched day in and day out. So many other things there were to see but this drew his attention more so than most things, maybe because these people have killed alot and that him wonder.

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
(First of all, congrats on becoming a father, Grotham! I'm super happy for you!

Everyone, sorry for once again dropping away, but I should be back now for a good long while. So, I think it's high time we officially "restart", as it were. Start in a new thread, fresh, but with the same setting and characters. It will give us the chance to start at the same page, and give any new folks a more welcoming place to jump in that doesn't have 100+ pages of plot.

I'm really proud of what we've done with this RP, and incredibly thankful for the friendships I've crafted with you all. I will post the link to the new thread once it's up!)

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
Hey all, real quick update. I have the beginning posts for the new Venantium more or less done! Nova is currently crafting us some Sick Graphics, and we'll get this RP rolling. I'm more excited for this RP than I have been for a long time! Just so everyone is clear, we're keeping the same setting and characters, but starting with a fresh coat of paint in a new thread.

If you guys have any questions or suggestions, please, I want to hear your input. This will be a new home for all of us.

Tiny_rel

lizardman ((mummyman3))

KatkakePlushie

stillnohero

Kodaka

Definitely Not Rosie

Adventuring Protagonist

19,225 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Talon Sky

((Awesome! As a heads up, Katrina's story got a major overhaul since my first Venatium post. The base ideas remain the same, but don't be surprised if some major things are changed up.))

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
KatkakePlushie
Talon Sky

((Awesome! As a heads up, Katrina's story got a major overhaul since my first Venatium post. The base ideas remain the same, but don't be surprised if some major things are changed up.))

Sounds cool! I think the new thread will start up "six months later" to allow for whatever character changes/absences we find ourselves with.

Adventuring Protagonist

19,225 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Talon Sky
KatkakePlushie
Talon Sky

Sounds cool! I think the new thread will start up "six months later" to allow for whatever character changes/absences we find ourselves with.

((At the very least, I'd like to suggest resetting Katrina's story arc. The overhaul means entire characters were scrapped, major mechanics work quite differently, and pretty much the only thing that hasn't changed is pixel magic.))
*Walks around humming some made up song, posting like a newb in the before times, waiting for the new thread*

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
Venantium part 2 is a go!

I will have my first post up shortly!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash