Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tatianna “Anna” Eve
Shilo Sky

User Image User Image

Anna sighed and rubbed her forearm softy. She knew that Talon and Aiden didn't always get along that well however the emotions she was feeling were due course, they came with the territory.
"Technically, all he did was remind me that Shilo is a Sky.
The witch looked up, not paying attention to the distance or lack thereof.
"He wants to take Shilo out there with him.

Anna couldn't even point, she just sort of nodded towards the front of the Inn.
"I would assume he's not alone in that thinking, as it seems to be Sky tradition...but the last Sky he left with, that was "mine", never came back, and he never will. Shilo is all I have."
Anna put her hands to her face and rubbed her eyes, still speaking. "How doespecially one do it Aiden, how do you be so far away from someone you're scared you wouldn't be able to breathe without?
She looked up with mixed emotions in her eyes.

------

Outside Shilo threw away her empty cup, grabbed the hand of a little boy who was sitting out, and brought hime in to play tag with the other kids.
”Talon Sky”

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
(For real, though. I used to spend hour after hour, every day, on here role playing. Talon's overly complicated story is freaking proof of that :p However, I've missed all of you beautiful people. No matter how far I wander, I always come back home to here. Oh, and I'm looking forward to the revelation, Grotham! Much excite!

Oh, and just to remind you guys, totally feel free to make action happen if you want. I don't want you guys to, necessarily, feel tethered to me and my admittedly horrible posting habits. I only want control over the main antagonists of the current plot....the black-coated Nobodies. Villains and fights can happen, and personal plots are totes encouraged! Nothing needs my approval unless it would directly damage or affect the Inn permanently. If the party is boring you, for example, just clarify that your post is taking place at some different time. biggrin I'm also always available via PM to discuss larger plot ideas and for brainstorming. Or, you know, random bullshiting. I'm so lonely on third shift crying )

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
User Image
Plot Post
Outside Celebration

Talon chuckled as Grotham patted him on the back, his knees hurting from the effort of standing straight. His companion was still a dragon, after all, even if he was roughly human sized! The half-demon nodded at Grotham's words, for they echoed the warrior's own private thoughts. "She almost looks like she could have a normal childhood, Talon said with the slightest lamentation in his melodic voice.

"Listen, Grotham, Talon whispered to his friend more seriously. Despite the band playing, he knew both his and the dragon's hearing could pick up the slightest of conversations. "Tonight may very well be my last night in town for a while. I must go investigate the destruction of Kat's village. I fear a more nefarious plot about it, one that may involve....well, me," the oldest of the Sky men admitted. "And I think this course may be exactly what our enemies want me to do. In any case, the Inn and the people here may be vulnerable in my absence."

Talon turned to face Grotham fully, his azure blue eyes catching the moonlight and shining. "I want to leave in Inn in capable hands....or claws, as it is. I'd like for you, and Aiden, and Anna, to run things in my absence. Especially the Hunting business. We need to keep....hell, to increase....pressure on the evil beings in this world. In my grief for....for Nova....I've sat on my laurels far too long."

Talon reached up and clapped the dragon on his shoulder, much like how he and his brothers in arms had done hundreds of years ago. "There's no one I would trust more with Venantium than you three, no one in this world I can trust more. Will you do this?"

Kitchen

Aiden sighed and looked down and away from Anna. He didn't want her to be distant, for her to have to feel distant. And neither could he look in her eyes, for she spoke the truth; how could he admit that taking Shilo had, in fact, been his own idea? Would she ever forgive him?

"I'd suppose you'd have to learn to breathe all over again," the blonde man offered, albeit sadly. "For many, many years I'd forgotten how to breathe, myself. I thought perhaps...."

For the first time since the death of his adopted sister, Rose, the quarter-demon was at a loss for words. Sudden emotions ran through the man unchecked, freely like they had in his carefree youth. Aiden, who had worked so hard to craft his discipline, felt all at once vulnerable and childlike....

"I'm sorry, Anna. I always wanted Talon in my life when I was Shilo's age. To know my father. I thought perhaps....Shilo should know hers, too. And I don't mean Talon, but the part of Talon who is her father. He's still in there, in Talon's heart. I see....I see it when he looks at you. When you two are off talking in your little corners, drinking your cups of coffee."

Aiden closed his steel grey eyes and tried very, very hard not to feel the jealousy that he felt coursing through his veins.

With

Tiny_rel

lizardman ((mummyman3))

KatkakePlushie

stillnohero

LadyAvalynn

Seras Yuzuki

I've made a mistake on this post. I hate myself. Lol

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Kitchen
Aiden felt Anna's touch on his arm, on his cheek. Gods, this woman knew him so well despite the relative shortness of their friendship. He opened his grey eyes and met Anna's, and the young man couldn't keep the smile from creeping onto his lips.

"I thought that perhaps while Talon and Shilo get to go off on some high adventure....that perhaps I could get to know you more as well, Anna." The words coming from Aiden's mouth were uncharted territory for him, but he refused to let his voice tremble. The swashbuckler had loved and lost once before, but that had been a childhood thing, an attachment borne of innocence and the lack of exposure that came with being raised in a village secluded in the mountains.

Aiden Sky wanted to take a chance, and not just any chance. He wanted this chance with Anna. His strong hands found the woman's red hair, found her hand. "I guess I was being selfish, too. But why shouldn't we be, just a little? Is it wrong for me to want to get to know Anna, unashamed and uncovered, without the weight of the world on her shoulders for just a little while?"

With

Tiny_rel

Tatianna “Anna” Eve
Shilo Sky

User Image User Image

--Outside--
Shilo giggled chasing the other kids around the yard before tagging some unfortunate soul and taking off. She ducked behind bushes, before coming around and dashing up the tree. No one ever said the tree was out of limits, even if the other kids couldn't get up here.

--Inside--
Anna liked it when Aiden smiled, it suited him more than his frown. She smiled in return, while her knee's felt a little weak. Was there anything of herself to know? Anything to share? Was she willing to take that risk?

"I can't promise you that there's more to me than what you see Aiden. Will you be horribly disappointed if all I am is a caregiver? I've fought, I've defended, I've cooked, I've cleaned, I've healed, and I've raised. Once or twice in the past, I remember taking care of a particular warrior."
She gave his hand a light squeeze, leaning slightly into his touch before taking a step forward and leaning into Aidens chest. His body beneath hers was strong, and solid, yet felt comforting, and warm.

"I'll only agree to letting you get to know me better, if I get to know you. No veils, no walls. I want to know Aiden, behind the tough mask, if you want to know Anna, behind the caregiver phased. "
She knew her terms could be seen as rash, but if she were to open up to someone knew, and truly open up there was only one way to go about it. Only if she knew that there was a chance for growth, and honesty. From previous experience, she hated secrets. She knew that with any Sky, there was a story, deep, complex stories. The witch would rather know the true story, than a sugar coated fable, and she had a feeling that sort of information would in time, play important.
”Talon Sky”

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
Grotham listened intently to his friend, taking every word, and letting it sink in to his core. Then Talon pu his hand on the dragon's shoulder a gesture he never really gave to Grotham, when Talon finished he could only look at his friend. "Talon if you go and investigate Kat's village, and it turns out to be a trap for you," he waved his hand in the air in a circular motion to reveal in his claws an ancient porter stone, "I want you to use this, it will take you directly to my realm. Be wary though, my dimension, rather my kingdom time moves three times faster than here. If you stay too long you may wind up alone in a matter of hours." He proffered the stone to Talon before looking him dead in the eye, "In my kingdom I am merely fifty eight years, in this dimension I am considered to be hundreds of years old." His tone was serious as he gave his example to his friend. Then he too took hold of Talon's shoulder, "As well as luck may have it I am without a doubt not going to let you down, family protects family, I kill for my family." With that he let go of his friend's shoulder and scruffed his hair a bit, "For now until then we enjoy this moment as it is your daughter's birthday.....I think she is yours.... I cannot remember." He said as he face went from seriousness to e!barrassed shame.

Adventuring Protagonist

19,225 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Seras Yuzuki
-{[ OoC: Sorry did not see that before I headed out! Are you still active by chance? ]}-

((OOC: I was inactive for a bit due to school shenanigans, but I'm back now! Just quote me whenever.))
((OCC: I can post during the day and do just a sandbox for ya'll to get everyone involved slowly if you'd like. Hard to move with plot when Talon isn't on.))

KatkakePlushie

Seras Yuzuki

Talon Sky

lizardman ((mummyman3))

Kawaii Warlord

-{[ OoC: Sorry, I completely spaced on posting in here. Give me by tomorrow and I should have a post up by then. ]}-
Tatianna “Anna” Eve
Shilo Sky

User Image User Image

-- Sandbox Post--

By the fireplace, stood an easel, and a mirror. On the table was all set up, with paints, pictures, brushes, and a few mason jars, filled with mineral oil, linseed oil, and quite a few rags. Shilo had set up a painting area, well, with the help of her mother she had. The young girl had been thinking of painting for quite a while, it was something she used to watch her mother do and then do herself, but as water color, or acrylic. But today, she had asked her mom if she could dig into something more grown up.

Shilo was going to paint some portraits, all in one very long canvas. It took a little bit of convincing, but her mother had given her some pictures that she was originally keeping close to herself only. However, the witch had realized it was the time, especially for the desired project, and thus they were handed over.

With a charcoal pencil, the young girl got to work.

--

In the bar area, a fresh pie floated out of the kitchen and on to a cooling rack, as Anna dusted off some of the higher areas. It was a calm day, and she was taking advantage of the lower foot traffic outside of the usual's while she could. The coffee pot was fresh per normal, but Anna herself wasn't sipping on it. She was deep in thought on other things.

"Hmm...what to cook for dinner."

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
User Image
Plot Post
Outside Celebration

Talon took the offered stone from Grotham and gave a deep bow to the dragon. The samurai understood what level of trust it must take to hand someone, essentially, a key into one's home. And this stone was a key to the realm of dragons; few mortals, Talon was sure, had ever been granted the honor.

"Thank you, sincerely, my friend," Talon spoke formally, his head still bowed. "I will use this only in a time of true desperation, I promise. And as far as Shilo....it's complicated," the half-demon chuckled as he rose. "But I think for now, yes, she needs me to be a father. And that is what I wish to be. Speaking of....we should probably get the cake cut. Shilo!" Talon turned and called out to the playing girl. "It's cake time! Go get your mother out of her safe space!"

Kitchen

Aiden smiled and rested his chin in Anna's red hair, sighing contently. She had come to him, and nothing else much mattered to the normally dour man. "I want you to know me, too," Aiden found himself saying after a few moments, cupping Anna's cheek in his hand and raising her face to his. "I can't promise that the Aiden you'll meet will be all that interesting, either. But I'm ready to try being.... he trailed off, unable to think of the proper word to describe it. What did he want to be for Anna?

"Loveable," Aiden finally settled on, chuckling softly. "Like....well, like you."

With

Tiny_rel

lizardman ((mummyman3))

KatkakePlushie

stillnohero

LadyAvalynn

Seras Yuzuki

Tatianna “Anna” Eve
Shilo Sky

User Image User Image

--Plot Post--
--Outside--
Hearing her name called, the girl dropped from the tree and landed with a "warrior stance" if you will. One knee bent, the opposite leg on the ground for balance. She looked up; "Okay uncle, I'll go get her."
The girl smiled and skipped. She hoped no one told her mom she jumped in her pretty dress, but she did have short on. Shilo sang to herself as she walked.
"Cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake."

--Inside--

Anna smiled up at Aiden, she felt more calm.
"Now, now Mr. Sky, you have no idea what I define as interesting. Let me, be the judge of that.

...lovable? Hmm."

Just then Anna could hear Shilo coming. Her cake song echoing along the walls.

" Sounds like someone said it was cake time, and Shilo has come to fetch me. Let's grab the ice cream, and carry it out. Before Talon picks on me anymore for being a wall flower. Is that why you're inside? We're you sent to get me and became slightly unsuccessful?"
The witch smiled and bit her lip softly.

”Talon Sky”
Tatianna “Anna” Eve

Spring air had come pouring back in, the curtains on the windows fluttered now and then from activity. Nothing too harsh to cause a chill, as this currently wasn’t the “lion” stage of the year. There was no need for the fireplace to be lit, not until night, or a soft rain came, that was. Instead, a few windows were open here and there, and sunlight poured in from the back as it was slowly rising over the hills. Coffee was brewing, you could hear the water slowly drip, smell the flavored beans, and the lone figure in the corner, over by the fireplace, could feel the emptiness all around them.

It was too early for breakfast, but too late to crawl back in bed. Bed, the specific place this witch had been, for about two days. Under covers, wrapped in her blanket, every option around her that could’ve been open, the witch had closed. Her windows, shut. Her curtains, sewn tight. Door, locked with a chair against it. Phone, well, her phone was the only thing on. Just in case.

--

Back track to two days prior, It was Sunday, Shilo and Talon were getting ready to head out on their “adventure”. What it should actually be called, Anna had no idea. What she was choosing to call it, because that’s what it had been assigned by her daughter, was adventure. So, adventure it was. They were to go out, and follow clues that the witch had hoped profusely would lead nowhere, like a bad Scooby Doo episode. However, she knew that once they left those doors of safety, anything was possible, and everything would happen.

Those were the things, she chose not to think about.

Everyone had been prepping all week for their departure, to make sure they had things they may not be able to get out there, but would still have should they need it. Books, so many books young Shilo had insisted were very important to take, but there simply wasn’t room. So, against her better wishes, Anna bewitched a book, to fit EVERYTHING, the little girl said she would need, and some her momma guessed she would need, and gave it as a gift the morning they were to leave. A little neckless, with a book charm. That when needed, looked like a little brass charm, and when needed otherwise would expand to a full sized normal book. Pages were hidden within pages, every bit of information stored.

And yet, it didn’t seem like enough to sooth the witch. Anna hadn’t slept in weeks.

Just like that, with hugs and kisses, her babe was off. To explore the world, bond with Talon, and risk her damn life, what was her mom thinking.

--

Cut to today, Thursday. Nothing particularly special about today, just the first day since they left early on Monday, that Anna has left her room. If it counts.

The clock on the mantle of the fire place ticks, a little past 4:30 am. A spit can be heard from the coffee pot. Pulling her hoddie closer into herself, Anna walks over to the pot, to retrieve her liquid gold and attempt to be her normal bubbly self.

The inn however, doesn’t open for another few hours.

She audibly exhales, hands wrapped around the cup, soaking in its warmth. She shivers and whispers to herself; ”What do I do with myself until then.”

((OOC: Hey guys, I know stuff’s been weird. Being an adult, am I right? But I’m going to try to check in here at least once a day, as I require distraction from adult stuff. This post leads into plot and sandbox, so anyone can reply and we can pick up from anywhere. I just wanted to let you know, that I’m sorry I poofed, but I’ll try to poof in, rather than poof out. ))

”Talon Sky”

Anxious Cat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

somewhere in the basement

The basement of the Venantium was a maze of hoarded bullshit from a multitude of sources; Talon, Anna, various random patrons that had left all their s**t behind before vanishing mysteriously, nefarious rodents and homeless cats, the occasional homeless bum… Pathways had been carved between stacks of boxes and plastic totes. All sorts of artifacts were housed in different sources of containment and they rose in sinister pillars to the ceiling. At the end of the pathway of boxes was an unassuming wood door. With a heavy brass lock, but no knob or handle to permit entrance. A few spider webs and a light layer of dust spoke of age and forget.

However the inside of the room was completely spotless as though it were cleaned twice a week and the tenant within wasn’t barely more than a corpse.

Sparsely decorated, the wooden nightstand was a rickety piece of s**t, the dressed tilted to one side and looked one bump away from falling apart, and the bed was a sagging cot decked out in Egyptian cotton sheets that were creaseless and flat beneath the prone body of the thought-to-be dead Terranova. Fiery red hair was flat and had lost its shine, glowing skin was dull and matte, and the constant throbbing flame of heat beneath her breast that signified the beating of her heart had long since turned to coal. The only thing that appeared to have life left being the glittering ice edged cut in her shoulder. Like a geode the wound was split open and the ice ringed the gaping cut and sunk deeply into it, promising treasures if one were to just… Dig deep enough.

Thankfully that’s exactly what the small demon had decided to do that soon was discovered to be crawling out of the cavernous wound, and honestly the small little thing was ******** ugly. Bulbous nose, overly large ears, facial features too small for it’s too-large head and a hunching crawling body that was disproportionate in every way possible, the small creature was just glad to be repaying his debt so he could go back to his life of hoarding thimbles.

Clutched in its claws was a blue crystal shard from the ice blade that had struck the firebird down; it left the shard in the middle of the floor, and went home to pout. Moments after the creature had crawled free and tossed the shard to the ground, the body burst into flames and burned away into ash without harming the bed it rested on.

A few hours later what crawled from the carnage and hunkered in the corner let out a vicious scream that reeked of rage and shook the tavern from its sheer volume and gusto.

Terranova had been reborn, and she was stuck in the body of a fire haired six year old.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff