Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
(Official State of the Thread Address

Hey all, I figure I oughta get back on here too :p we should decide together the future of this thread, methinks. The whole 'party' subplot has gone on WAY too long, and that's no one's fault but my own. In the middle of lots of life changes, I lost my spark to write these characters....hell, to write in general. I think we need a new plot arch, one where everyone can be involved and have fun. If that means altering or even abandoning the current plot, then maybe that's for the best.

The 'current' plot (in quotes because we've unsuccessfully been trying to get it rolling for more than a year now) involves Talon taking Shilo off on an adventure; both to discover the deathly affliction on Nova's heart and to discover what the new Organization of Nobodies is plotting. The Inn is going to be left in the hands of Anna, Aiden, and anyone else who wants to stick around.

This would leave the Inn as an almost permanent Sandbox game, where we can have drama and stories and missions/plots at our convenience, while somewhat distancing Talon's convoluted as hell plotline (which was a major factor in losing my drive to write; I've had this character going since junior high for me. That's over 15 years). I'm ready to push Talon into a more secluded background for a bit and bring him back as a changed, more grounded character.

I would like everyone's opinions on what they would like to do and see done in this RP. Consider this an official revival. An HD remastering. A new chapter in the crazy tale of the Venantium crew.

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
(One of the ideas I've been playing with would be starting a whole new Venantium RP thread for us. I feel like we might entice more new people that way, and I could write up a better explanation of our setting and plots for people to see on page one. That's been a recurring complaint I've had PMed to me; newcomers feel like off-put by the vaguely explained setting (which I had originally done on purpose with the intent of "If you want it to exist, it does!" and all of the development we've accomplished in hundreds of pages of RP. I had to explain to one girl that the RP isn't just Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy/Devil May Cry/Full Metal Alchemist, those are just the elements I use for MY character. I dunno. My explanation of "It's basically Discworld, if it could exist and you want it to, then it does!" didn't go over well with her. Lol)
((I would've replied earlier, but I hate Gaia mobile.))

(Anyways, I'm good with a re-boot and freshening things up. It would be good to lay out a game plan, take opinions and make it easier for walk ins.)

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

OOC: I planned on dropping in within the next few days, then I saw talks of new stuffs and reboots. A word from the wise, Valucre is the new Gaia. Lol. I'm on my phone app atm, bit I'm willing to chat with y'all about maybe shifting gears for new experience overall. Perhaps more activity than what Gaia can offer you in these days.

Either way I miss posting with y'all and will certainly be setting you IC soon.

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
(Of course, as soon as I make the effort to get back on here, all of the bullshit at work begins. stare I will have an IC post up, I swear it!)

Adventuring Protagonist

19,225 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
((I'm up for the reboot if y'all are. Hopefully it wouldn't wander too far from the plot we have now; I have quite a few things planned... :3))

Profitable Entrepreneur

[[ Who knows, maybe I'll even come back. wink ]]

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
(I definitely think we'll stick with the plots already established, absolutely. I just think a new thread would help us draw in a new crowd, and allow us to explain things a bit better from the get-go. In all likelihood, I'll get us up a new thread by late Saturday, if nothing mucks with my plans. Until then, let's just keep going on here with the Sandbox approach.

Once again, sorry that things kind of fell flat....pretty much this whole year. That's on me, seriously. But y'all are important to me, even if we are just a bunch of Internet strangers. You guys are my friends.)

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
User Image
Sandbox Post with Plot Catchup In A Flashback

Aiden had not slept well in the past few days, for all of the obvious reasons. Oh, the handsome young man wasn't worried about Shilo, not really. Sure, he had bonded with his little sister more than almost any other person in the world, save perhaps his mother....and his adopted-sister-turned-lover. But no, Aiden wasn't wallowing in terror over what might become of the young girl that had permanently secured a place in the swashbuckler's heart. After all, if Shilo was safe anywhere in the world, it would be wherever Talon Sky was.

Aiden kept telling himself these things....so why didn't he believe his own mind?

Several days ago

Aiden crossed his arms and leaned against the wall of Anna's room, his sharp gray eyes full of disapproval. Talon and Anna were discussing things while Shilo hummed cheerfully and packed a small bag, the seven year old never letting some brand new book that her mother had just given her out of sight. Both Shilo and Talon were wearing black cloaks that Aiden's father had produced by dark magick, cloaks that shimmered despite the lack of moving light and with silver tassels that looked like captured moonlight.

The same cloaks worn by the Nobodies, the very enemies Talon and Shilo were off to spy on. It was smart and practical to wear those cloaks, Talon was in the middle of reassuring Anna. They were made from some creatures of darkness called Dementors and would serve well to obfuscate the pair from the Nobodies, as well as protect their hearts from the evil energy that made up the mystical corridors of darkness the Nobodies were establishing. Talon had left his hood down, but Shilo kept pulling hers up and down; each time it was pulled up, her entire face was hidden in magical darkness.

The hours of prep had been long, with many tears and nearly a screaming match the one time Talon had pulled his hood up to test it. In that cloak, with his face hidden, there was nothing to distinguish Talon Sky from his darker alter ego, Laxton. Doing this in front of Anna had been a big mistake, and so it became Aiden's job to watch his father like a hawk and prevent any more screw ups on the half-demon's part.

It was a harder job than one might realize.

Present

Aiden had managed to nod off only momentarily, before the image of Talon and Shilo walking, cloaked, into that corridor of dark fire startled him awake again. It had been a hell of a few days since then; Anna had disappeared into her room, Grotham had flown off on some "mission from Talon". Hell, even Kat had been less than her normally talkative, kind self. The very atmosphere of the Inn smelled depressing.

No.....actually, it smelled like coffee.

Dressed in a simple black shirt and black sweatpants, Aiden tied his shoulder length blond hair back and made his way downstairs. It was sometime before dawn, and it seemed like the only sound in the world was the rhythmic spitting of the coffee pot. The young quarter-demon grinned as he caught that familiar scent of coffee mixed with fresh books, an undeniable indication that Anna had indeed rejoined the land of the living.

(Everyone feel free to jump in as you wish. Nova, do you want your character's scream to be heard now, or would you rather her wander up on her own?)

With

Tiny_rel

lizardman ((mummyman3))

KatkakePlushie

stillnohero

Kodaka

Definitely Not Rosie

Tatianna “Anna” Eve

User Image

The witch pulled her short down a bit before she sat up in the air, just above the bar. Had it been the old inn, it would be Anna's "normal" spot. The familiarity brought her a small amount of comfort. Another deep breath was taken before she took a sip of her comfort, and her ears ticked. Her mind was too rambled to think of whom it may be, instead she looked up slowly only to see a familiar figure, in casual clothes which was also becoming a familiar sight.

A smile smile graced her face.

Her voice low, coffee close to her lips, and bangs in her face, she greeted the warrior.
"Good morning."

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

Aiden smiled, a look that too rarely graced his handsome, hard-lined face. Although, to be fair, he was grinning more and more these days.

When his favorite witch was around.

"A fine morning indeed," the blond man chuckled, making his way to the bar that Anna floated above and reaching for his favorite mug. "Good to see you rejoin the living, luv. Or at least the caffinated, as the case may be."

Aiden's words were, unbeknownst to him, quite ironic considering the fiery transformation happening in the inn's Alchemically fortified basement.

With

Tiny_rel

lizardman ((mummyman3))

KatkakePlushie

stillnohero

Kodaka

Definitely Not Rosie

Tatianna “Anna” Eve

User Image

As she grabbed the pot to pour it for Aiden, the witch looked sideways out the windows. Dew was still on the lawn, and the birds weren't even singing yet.

"This is the land of the living? It appears quiet and dead. "

Anna gave a soft warm smile when she set down the coffee pot. It was good to be up and awake, even if she did feel a little stressed, and a little anxious. It was time to spend time with the one person who could help her breathe again, even if they were shallow, for now. His words were wise and true, caffine always helped.

The witch smiled and stood, rather than sitting, and rested her head on the strong warriers shoulder. "It is nice being around you again."

Which wasn't a lie, not being alone, even if she did push everyone away for a few days. He was a good support, and everything she needed. Even if she would'nt say it.

Talon Sky

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

Aiden wrapped an arm around the auburn haired woman as she landed and laid her head on his shoulder. Coffee steaming in the mug in his other hand, the swashbuckler let his gaze follow Anna's out of the window. "I'll take quiet and dead as long as I have good company," Aiden added. He was only in his early twenties and could occasionally come off as cheesy in these kinds of situations, or sometimes downright awkward. But Anna never gave him grief for it.

For which the young man was thankful. After all, Anna made him feel vulnerable in a way that hordes of demons salivating for his blood never could.

With

Tiny_rel

lizardman ((mummyman3))

KatkakePlushie

stillnohero

Kodaka

Definitely Not Rosie

Tatianna “Anna” Eve

User Image

A smile crossed her lips again, as Anna's gaze came back to Aiden and she kissed his cheek softly.
"It's good to be in company once more."

Anna gave Aiden a soft side hug, and stepped back to sip her coffee some more. Everything was open from this point. But, that didn't necessarily mean that everything was settled. Where would they go from here, what would happen out there? Anna and Aiden we're at the Inn, holding down the fort. The witch couldn't help but feel as though she had been set up. However, she was coming more to terms with Shilo doing "normal" Sky things.

"So, while the others are gone. What does that leave for us Aiden? Do we... She wrapped both hands around her cup and looked into her coffee before looking up once more, and motioning between the two of them. "..do we see, what this is? Or do we continue doing the business that Nova and Talon we're running while they were here."

Anna wasn't one for whatever those two had up their sleeves, however, she knew that she and Aiden could handle most things that came to their plates. On the other hand, the witch would rather take it slow. Shilo and she had found a home for now, even if her daughter was on a trip. She, wanted to, sit and drink coffee.

Even if that wasn't what the Inn had planned.

Talon Sky

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

OOC: Considering some recent plot development I've decided on, it'll actually be a bit longer before Xartia can make a return visit. But I'm always lurking! (I'm a total creeper. Lol.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff