Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tryan Creature
A rather massive, black-ish-brown creature with a mottled coat of fur and feathers stalked through the woods nearby. His wings were a little too long and narrow, his taloned back feet were a little too big and sat at the end of stick-like lower legs, what should have been hands lacked opposable thumbs, and in general, all his pieces just didn't really fit together so well. He looked a little like one of Frankensteins early experiments, should a stray cat and a sickly crow have gotten in the way of it. Like a person's little finger and ring finger, the creature's wings and 'arms' didn't quite move independently of each other, but somehow he managed to get around without getting too caught up in the underbrush. He had an assortment of sea-stained, and tarnished bits of metal attached to him, some as piercings, others as rings around his limbs. In particular, the ones around his skinny "ankles" were wide enough that they flopped about without being nearly large enough to fit past his feet. As he skittered and bounded and crept through the forest, they could be heard clinking against his claws and surroundings every so often. Otherwise, there was only an occasional rustling noise to give away his presence to most of the type of people that would be casually passing by. To most local forest dwellers, though, he may as well have bugled his arrival to the very tree tops.

Tryan Creature
Rune emerged from her infirmary, wiping sweat from her brow. The room she had exited belched unbearably hot air, and she left the door wide for the sake of its remaining occupant - the little still laying on the bed, though now with the blankets off. It was already the warmer months of the year, and by dint of being underground the bar wasn't very well ventilated. Even just the tiny wood stove in the infirmary warmed the place quickly. She hopped behind the bar and opened a small fridge on the floor, pulling out a beer and twisting off the top in a hurry, drinking half the contents in one go. It was only upon getting out of that stuffy room she realized just how hot she was.
The creature growled in frustration. He was so close, and yet he couldn't find what he was looking for. The aggravating buzzing and tingling in his hands and feet, the ringing in his ears, had slowly begun to return over the past days and there was only one thing he knew of that could stop it. He'd followed her scent, tracked her to this forest... and then lost her. She was here, somewhere, she had to be. He raced around, digging up random patches of earth and sticking his long beak-like nose in the holes like he thought he would find her in the dirt. Eventually, he came to the tree. He thought there must be something special about this tree, but it just looked like a tree to him. There wasn't anything special about it at all. He dug a hole at it's base, but only got a few inches down before his chaotic mind sent him in a different direction. He circled the tree, agitated, and began to consider climbing it.
Rune lifted her head as she heard an odd scratching sound coming from the entrance. Puzzled, she moved out from behind the bar and up the stairs, opening the front door and looking around for the source. She almost missed him - the little creature had been around the back of the tree when she first emerged - but before long he circled back into her field of vision and she smiled softly. "Hey there little one. Did you follow me all the way from the Tempest?" She knew he couldn't really understand her words, so instead she sent him a mental nudge of greeting and, as an afterthought, offered her half-empty beer to him. She doubted he'd mind sharing the bottle.
The creature stopped and stared at Rune with wide, unblinking eyes, as if, in spite of having been looking for her, it was a complete shock to find her here. As soon as he realized she was welcoming him, and offering him the beer, which of course he loved her for, he practically pranced up to her and took it right out of her hand. That left the problem of being able to drink from a bottle though. It wasn't exactly something he was well equipped to do. Somehow, he managed to get the bottle neck just right between his pointy teeth and tipped his head back. How he managed not to choke on it was a mystery, but he did it. When he was done, he dropped the bottle and looked up at her. After a moment, he sent her a generalized message of gratitude, and waited for her to lead the way downstairs, where he would undoubtedly find a comfy spot among the pillows to sprawl and take a long nap.
Rune chuckled and beckoned the creature inside, closing the door behind them as she led him into the comfortable main room. He went off to lay on one of the larger pillows in the lounge, and Rune went back behind the bar to find herself another beer. She was still thirsty, and it wasn't as if she had any customers to worry about yet.

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
Weary eyes opened into the darkness. She started to panic, falling off of the large pillow serving as a bed. Blue eyes glimpsed red numbers on the clock, and then Annie remembered where she was. Stretching and getting up to pull the curtains and blinds away from the window, the elfin girl could see the room now. Smiling and running her fingers through her short hair, Annie left the room and headed out towards the main bar area of the inn.

"Good afternoon, Rune." She said softly, her lips in a gentle smile. Annie blinked away the sleep in the corners of her eyes, rubbing them once or twice. "Did you sleep well? ... Or at all?"
Rune was rather better rested this afternoon, and had even managed to dress herself somewhat properly, in a tunic dress and knee-length boots. Okay, so the dress had a neck line far below what most would consider tasteful, but it was about as fully dressed as Rune ever got.
"I got a bit of sleep, yeah. The cots in the infirmary are comfy." She had yet to actually sleep in her own room in the inn - too much else to do for now. "What about you? I hope the room is to your liking?" Rune knew that he decorating sensibilities were somewhat unusual - hopefully they weren't too much so for the girl.

((I'm just moving this to the next day since I was a bad girl and didn't make an exit post last night. You don't have to edit anything though, your post works fine))

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
((oh, it's no problem~ c: ))

Annie smiled, taking a seat at the bar. "I slept fine-- until I woke up and didn't quite remember where I was." She said, sounding light but being betrayed by a sigh. Annie closed her eyes and shook her head a moment, then looked back up and met Rune's eyes. "No matter, no matter." She rubbed her eyes again, yawning slightly.
Rune smiled softly and shrugged, settling her weight onto one foot and leaning her hip against the edge of the bar. "I had a friend once who had what he termed 'morning amnesia' - he'd wake up and completely forget where he was, who he was... it would take about fifteen or twenty minutes for it to come back to him. Caused some issues if he woke up with a lady friend." She chuckled to herself, then tipped her head to the side.
"Can I get you something Miss Ana? Food or drink? Unless you've been raiding my kitchen I doubt you've had much in the way of food since you got here." Not that Rune would mind if the girl had been in the kitchen - the food was there to be eaten. But Ana struck her as the type who might be hesitant to wander around the bar without permission.

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
Annie blinked, shrugging. "Hmm, that would be a problem..." She said quietly, chuckling a little. "I think that with the lack of sleep I had this past week, last night hadn't seemed quite real. And food would be much appreciated, actually..." Anastasia said, reaching into the pocket of her jeans, which she had fallen asleep in. She pulled out a few crumpled bills and held them stock still in her hand.
Rune laughed and held up a hand at the offer of money. "Please, hun, I have more money than I could ever spend - I didn't open this place for the profit. So what will it be then?" As she spoke, she proceeded to putter about behind the counter, setting up a pot to make coffee. Rune was a sucker for caffeine. "We've got just about anything you could order, and in spite of how little I actually eat I'm a decent cook."

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
Annie opened her mouth to insist she pay, but then recalled her housing situation and being in line to lose what pathetic bit of a job she did have due to her distance now. Looking away now, she put the bills back into her pocket, feeling slightly ashamed that, even though asked not to pay, she probably couldn't have.

"Anything is fine, really... um, a sandwich, maybe?" She said, still tired and soft-spoken from the long endured trek and the unrefreshing, nightmare filled sleep.
Rune nodded at her request, and, leaving the coffeepot to brew, disappeared into the kitchen. It wasn't long after that she returned with a plate, holding a rather large ham sandwich with all the fixings. Even a deli pickle on the side. She placed it on the counter in front of Ana and smiled, adding a napkin to the place setting. "There you go - something to wash that down with?" As she spoke she moved to coffee pot and took down a mug from one of the cabinets above it, pouring herself a mug and adding the same amounts of cream and sugar as she had to her tea the other night. Those amounts being 'too much'.

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
Annie smiled up to Rune, very thankful for the food. "Um, yes, could you get me a glass of water, please?" She said quietly, hoping she wasn't being a pain in the a** or asking too much. She never could quite get away from the feeling that she was a bit too needy, but often she could shrug it off and forget about it for awhile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff