Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rune chuckled and nodded, pulling down a glass and filling it with ice and water before placing it next to Ana's plate. "Of course, hun, there you go." With that she took a sip from her coffee mug and then settled down in a chair behind the counter, relaxing for the first time in quite a few weeks. She rather hoped her husband would make an appearance tonight - she was getting antsy with him taking so long to move to their new location.

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
Annie smiled weakly and took a sip of the water before picking up the pickle and biting off the tip, looking around."Thanks, Rune." Anastasia said, her smile strengthening slightly. She didn't look like it, but she was used to amazing amounts of structure, of knowing what was coming and what had happened. The eviction, the days of trying to find a place that wasn't full or smutty, the distress. It wasn't to say that she was devastated... but she was disheartened and stressed, at the least.

Her stomach churned in anxiety, but Annie forced down a bite of sandwich, not wanting to seem rude.
Rune smiled softly at Ana as she ate - the girl was obviously out of sorts, but hopefully a few days with a roof over her head and easy access to food and company would help to prop her back up. "If you'll excuse me Ana - I'm just going in the next room. I'll leave the door open if you need anything." She picked up her coffee and stood from behind the bar, heading into the infirmary and, true to her word, leaving the door wide. The little dark-haired boy she had brought in before Ana had arrived still lay on one of the cots, as still as ever. Rune placed her coffee down on one of the shelves before going to check on him, smoothing his hair futilely as was her habit, and then checking his IV bags and lines to make sure all was running smoothly. The blood bag was getting low - she'd have to refill it soon.
((bbs, dinner))

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
Annie nodded as Rune told her she was stepping out for a moment. The sandwich was half gone, and Annie felt good but awful at the same time. She finished off the other half of the sandwich with some distaste.

Annie stood up, looking around. It was odd and empty feeling with out anyone else there, and she retreated to one of the large pillows, sitting and trying to relax, but finding herself watching the floor restlessly.

((okay~ c: ))
Rune glanced out of the door to see Ana settled on one of the couch-pillows and smiled at her softly, then got up for a moment to retrieve a new IV bag from a drawer, along with a needle and line. She placed the bag on the floor and connected the needle and line, then, seating herself on the bed next to the boy, she carefully inserted the needle into her arm near the inner elbow, taping it in place. The IV bag began to fill immediately, and Rune leaned over to make sure the little boy by her side was tucked in properly, pulling the blankets right up to his tiny chin.

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
Annie fidgeted restlessly a few moments more, then stood up, unable to keep still any longer. She went off towards her room, and a few moments later came out with her knapsack in her hand. She picked another seat-pillow, closer to a wall lamp, and took out a book from the bag, flicking it open to a dog-eared page.
Once the bag was full, Rune took the line out of her arm and quickly taped a pad of gauze over the small wound it left. She replaced the boy's empty bag with this new one and then walked out of the room and back into the lounge, smiling warmly at Ana. "Sorry for that hun." She said, flexing her arms a few times to get used to the bandage. "You okay in here?"

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
Annie blinked, hearing Rune's voice. She finished the paragraph she was on, then looked up to answer. "Yeah, I'm fine." She said, about to go back to reading when something caught her eye. Her sight lingered on the gauze bandage, and Annie bit her lip. "Something happen?" She asked, raising a finger to point out the bandage.
((sorry, got pulled away for a while))

Rune blinked and moved her gaze to the bandage on her arm. "Oh, no. I just needed to draw blood for an IV bag." She nodded into the infirmary, the door to which was still open. The small boy on the cot nearest the door was plainly visible, though only his tiny head peeked out from under the blankets. "I don't exactly have a licence to get blood from banks, so on the rare occasion I need it transfused I have to use my own."

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
Annie tilted her head, trying to get a good look into the infirmary. She nodded, and left it at that. "A bit dead here, huh?" She said, referring the near-complete lack of sociable people here. Annie sighed and looked back towards her book, trying to find where she had left off.
Rune nodded, sighing. "Yes, new places are always a bit slow - it doesn't help that I tend to put them in rather out of the way places. I was honestly surprised that you showed up so soon after opening." Rune sighed and sipped her coffee, which she had brought with her out of the infirmary. "I would say it would be better when my husband arrives, but he isn't exactly the social sort." In fact he would most likely give Ana a cursory greeting before going off to raid the fridge and then train in the forest. Rune was practically the only living being that Micah showed any form of affection, save his brother perhaps.

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
"You weren't the only one surprised." Annie said, her eyes flickering up to the wall light above her head. She listened as Rune spoke about her husband, then gave a near silent chuckle. "It's fine. I sort of like the quiet. And besides, I'm rather unsocial too..."

Married Wife

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
{{ Just saying that I skimmed the first page. Your thread sounds interesting. I just need to go through the layout and I might make a post tonight ^^ }}
((I was actually just about to go to bed >< I work a few days a week so I can't stay up as late as I'd like - tomorrow I'll be able to be on later though. If Chiyo is still around when you post though you two can RP and assume that Rune fell asleep on one of the pillows.
Chiyo - sorry for bailing again, I know I've been in and out all night. Hopefully I'll get a better schedule worked out for this thread soon. And I have a few friends who will eventually get around to popping in [Tryan from the other night is one]. ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff