• Megathread 100

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image

Growing up, I always heard the stories.

My father would tell me about all sorts of things. No two stories were the same, and every one of them more beautiful or terrible then the next. It was never what he would say that kept my attention. It was that look in his eyes.

Sometimes his eyes would twinkle, as he told funny stories of hilarious situations. Other times, his eyes would grow distant and sad as he recalled many of the hardships that happened to those close to him.

Those other eyes, the ones that burned with a terrible fire of pain and rage, are the ones I wish I could forget.

These stories all had a common thread that pulled them together, regardless of the joy, the pain or the anger, his stories were always centered around one place:

The Two Moon Tavern. His home.

My father is gone now, traveling some distant road I know not of. As he walked out the door he gave to me an old key, and a piece of paper with some directions.

"Good luck Jak" he said to me, with a peculiar look in his eyes. "You're going to need it."

Like many of you, I have been role-playing on Gaia for what feels like a short eternity. I have played in huge threads with many users, in small threads with a tight knight group, and in one on one role-play. Throughout them all, I have had many qualms and complaints that seemed universal throughout them.

So, about a year ago, I opened up this new home: The Two Moon Tavern. Within it, you will find many unique writers with each of them having many more unique and diverse characters. Let me give you a summary of what you will find here.

Literacy

The first and foremost thing you will find here is the level of literate writing is above normal. We have a lot of older regulars who truly enjoy the craft of writing. Don't be discouraged! Regardless of your level of writing we encourage you to join us! The best way to improve is to practice amongst those who can write well.

Romance/Drama

I have to say that the driving force behind this Tavern is the Drama and Romance between each of it's characters. Love, lust, longing, and unrequited love are all here on one side, with murder, deciet, betrayal and unbridled anger wonderfully contrasting the other. Trust me when I say, it is never dull here.

Comedy

I personally enjoy the comedic side of the story from time to time, and I am sure that many of you do as well. If you have a foolish, joke character you want to bring in by all means do so! I love to break up the "OMG DRAMA" with some laughs.

A Welcome Atmosphere

Whether you're stopping in for a drink to tell your story, or whether your hear to cause trouble and mayhem, always understand that you are welcome. Sit, eat drink and be merry if that is your thing. Or stir up some fun if that is your inkling. Just join us!

A Location Limited Only By You

The Tavern and it's surrounding grounds are well described and illustrated, but beyond that is your world! If you want to add or change something to the description of our home, feel free to message me.

Don't be afraid of the number of pages in the thread, jump right in and say hello! Welcome to Two Moon Tavern.

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image

Listed here are the most recent announcements regarding things that are happening in the inn, future events that are likely to occur, or anything else I feel like putting here. Check back from time to time to see what's coming up.

September 13, 2012

Thanks to a certain young lady, I have decided to re-open this Tavern. Feel free to make yourselves at home. There are staff positions available. PM me for more information.

Come to think of it, it has been almost 2 years since I originally opened this place.

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image

General Rules

1. Cardinal Law: Krojak's word is law.
2. No profile is needed. Feel free to wander in and we will learn about your character as time goes on.
3. No God-Modding or other such things, including killing other people's characters unless it is agreed upon...
4. Keep quotes small, no more than one quote in a post.
5. Romance is allowed, but nothing too explicit. Follow Gaia's TOS and keep it PG-13.
6. Swearing is fine, just don't be insulting with it.
7. I prefer a Novel style of posting, using "Quotations to denote speech" and such.
8. Use (( )) for Out of Character speak.

Tavern Rules:

1. If you are a creature that does so, do not bite or turn another unless both parties agree to it.
2. Fights are allowed, but please take them outside to the lake or forest area.
3. If for some reason one were to occur inside, whatever you break, you clean up.
4. Respect the staff.

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image

The Two Moon Tavern is a relatively standard looking multi-storied inn on the outside. Once inside, things are a little different. The Tavern is located in a large partially burned down forest, hidden within the boughs of the trees. A large lake rests beside the inn, with a small dock and boat on its' shore. An old tree house in dire need of repair can be found just within sight of the building.

The well worn front porch and iron bound door open into a large room. Around its perimeter are an assortment of tables, chairs and benches. The far side of the room contains the bar and kitchen, with a few private meeting rooms located off to the side.

There are two prominent features within the room. The first and most obvious is the Fire Pit seating area located in the middle of the room. This is open to the sky on clear days and nights, with the railings of the second floor walkway looking down upon it. In the event of any storm, the elements are kept out by a field of sorts, allowing full view of the stormy sky.

The second most prominent feature is the Portal, positioned along the north wall. This may bring you to any location you desire, and back again.

The second floor has an assortment of single, double and group rooms available, as well as a bathing area. It is accessed by the stairs to the left of the bar. The east wall and south east corner of the second floor overlook the roof of the kitchen, and can make for an easy escape if that should prove necessary.

All credit for these images goes to The Lyran Tal Press.

Ground Floor

User Image

Second Floor

User Image

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image

If there is no one there to serve you, feel free to help your self from behind the bar or in the kitchen.

Owner:
- Krojak

Bartenders:
-
-

Servers:
-
-
-
-

Cooks:
-
-

Bouncers:
-
-

If you would like to work here, as well as keep this thread going, please let me know and I will put your name on here. I would appreciate that you would be active before applying. I need employees to help keep this thread going, help serve our customers, but most of all have fun! Other positions may be added in the future.

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image

This section is reserved for very special people. If you are a constant poster, your name may end up in this list. They are the kind of people who hang out here daily, that make this place a little more interesting. These people make TMT the special place it is. If your name is here, it is because I enjoy calling you a friend.

Ivory Eyelet
Contour my Soul
UndoneSymphony
Ceirys
Adenn Jiriad
Adali Irxies
Vanilla Patchouli

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image

July 26th, 2010

Today marks the first day of "Construction". I will hopefully have it functional enough to open soon.

September 10th, 2010

I'm in college now, and seem to have plenty of spare time between classes. I think I will consider opening this shortly.

September 24th, 2010

The Inn is Open! blaugh

October 5th, 2010

Something major happened in the plot line of Krojak and Menolly, the Inn owners. You can read the important conclusion here. Suffice to say, untill further notice, Jake is the owner of the inn. I will be posting on a different (and more... amusing) character untill Krojak returns. And trust me, he won't be the same...

October 13th, 2010

Krojak has returned. Now we get to see how things begin to unfold. Stay tuned.

October 20th, 2010

Updated my Honoured Patrons list.

October 21st, 2010

The thrilling story of the Krojak, Cormac and Menolly story arc has come to a chilling conclusion. The finale is spread over 30 or so pages because of real life constraints. For those who wish to read it to get some context for the future, it begins on page 150, pausing on page 155. It then picks back up on page 168 to conclude on page 180 with Krojaks last post.

October 25th, 2010

Misu has an announcement for everyone.

Hey guys c: I wanna get some group art of our RPC's done. If you want in, PM me a picture representing your OC(s) [no more than two, please], (or a tektek, if you can make one) a snippet of his or her personality, and any extra little details. no text based descriptions, please. Artists, from my experience, would rather not read a description of a character. Please include if it's ok for the artist to have creative freedom with your character, or if you would rather he or she stick to exactly how he or she is supposed to look.

November 01, 2010

Roman and company have burned down the forest today. Hopefully this won't be permanent.

November 17, 2010

Updated the main page to add an announcements section up top for ease of browsing. Also updated my patrons List.

March 30, 2011

Wow. Simply wow. So much has happened within the small confines of this little thread that I don't know where to start. Births, deaths, marriages, betrayals. We have had so many unique and interesting people come and go that it makes my head spin. The only regret I have is not spending more time to keep this place up to date. I will do my best though.

September 13, 2012

It was almost 2 years ago that I created this place. More then 1000 pages later, I am re opening it.

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image~ Krojak ~

Krojak walked around the inside of his inn. It's been a long time coming, but it is finally finished. The recent renovations were necessary, the inn had fallen into disrepair.

"Just a few more finishing touches, and all will be done." he said with a small smile

Krojak walked to the front of the building, and propped open the front door. The breeze was wonderfully cool for September.

With a clap of his hands, Krojak smiled. "Alright! Open for business."

~ Two Moon Tavern ~

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image

^v^v^v^v^v^v^ ~ Krojak ~ ^v^v^v^v^v^v^

Krojak turned towards the bar, making sure everything was in place. He reached under the counter and pulled out his favourite; 18 year old Gibsons Finest Whiskey. He smiled to himself, pouring the drink in a small glass with ice.

He brought the old liquor to his nose, savouring the aroma.

"God I love whiskey" he said simply.

^v^v^v^v^v^v^ ~ Two Moon Tavern ~ ^v^v^v^v^v^v^
((I can post here? Its just so empty and new, which is what I'm looking for~))

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100
((Please, feel free))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers