Welcome to Gaia! ::

Good Judgment Comes From Experience

User Image
Samantha Tepes
{ 54 days to immortality }
╔══════════════╗
The teen had taken a small, unwarranted nap after she had lain on the sofa, leaving the one opposite her open for Vey and Yuni to do the same. She was facing the couch, listening to Vey speak. She must be talking in her sleep she surmised after no one answered her; not even Yuni. Samantha sat up and wiped a bit of drool from her lip. "Always attractive. I must have been sleepier than I thought." She had used her sweater as a pillow, and a small puddle of saliva confirmed just how far gone she'd been. Her stomach rumbled with hunger, which caused her to sit completely up. She turned to the bar, and started a bit whenever she saw a woman she'd never seen before sitting there; looking rather bored- and directly at Yuni. "Umm, Hello?" Sam asked in an attempt to gather the woman's attention. "Can I help you?" Granted, in a sports bra and jeans, the teen hardly looked the part of a working woman, but she was the only one capable of serving at the moment, as her bar tender appeared to be unconscious- and no longer talking aloud in her slumber.
╚══════════════╝

And A Lot Of Experience Comes From Bad Judgment

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni hardly reacted to the slight jostling of Vey sitting up, giving a little sigh in her sleep. It had been the most she had slept in a few days, despite how hyper she was earlier. Kai knew that, and well, may have had a hand in mentally subduing the feline. She was true to her word, as well, rerouting the nightmares and distorting them to either nothing or more pleasant things. Like fish, or shiny things, or friends. Yuni missed the winter boy, Jack, Kai noticed, and the dark-haired dragon.

Kai was so entirely engrossed in her task that she had not heard the dark haired girl address her, dark irises swirling with a little blue color. A faint smile was put on her pale face as she sat up some, looking over towards the teen. If she's able to dress like that, she either works or lives here... Or both.

"Perhaps you could, Miss." Her voice rasped quietly as she rummaged one of the bigger pockets of her trench coat for her money pouch. "May I please have a bottle of sake? Cherry, if you have it."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

User Image

As the psychic conversation wore on, Vey's expresion gradually became one of pure outrage. Without warning her thoughts had become too turbulent to convey the words she'd intended, and so they burst through in verbal communication as she leaped to her feet and grabbed Hektor by the scruff of his shirt, shattering his mental guard that he'd put up to hide his apearance. The black haired man with lavender eyes popped into existance on the coffee table, glaring right back at Vey.

"No! A million times no! I von't do it!" She bellowed at him, her face inches from his. "If zis is some ploy to drive me back into your arms it vill not work Hektor." Seething, Vey's form began to release the tell tale vapors of noxious fumes. Clearly the two had history together.

"I swear to you mein fraulein this is not the case. Calm yourself, you are the only one in a position to end it." Hektor remained placid as usual, even with his neck at risk of being throttled. "Even if not by your hand, it will happen. But at what cost? Are you willing to risk all you hold dear?" He posed in plain speek, she was too outraged to let his voice into her mind.

This spider silk thin thread of reason wrapped itself around Vey's mind, and her ragged breathing steadied, grip releasing Hektor as she brought both hands to push through her hair. "Nnn... Not another vord from you on zis sujet, comprendre? I shall do what I must." Struggling not to lapse and begin screaming profanity in French, Vey turned her back on Hektor and went to the bar, casually waving a hand to Sam and the other woman at the bar.

Smoke appearing between her lips she procured a bottle of Grey Goose vodka, and began drinking straight from the container. Hektor remained seated on the coffee table, watching the blond and the others within the room.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
With the sudden commotion of yelling, the kitten sputtered out of her sleep in a frantic, confused daze. Black flames spurted out from under her fur, engulfing her and carrying her away from the sofa with the screaming french woman. The flames dropped off a child-sized Yuni some distance away from the two, icy eyes blinking owlishly at seeing the long haired male there. When did he get there? Why was Vey yelling at him?

Warily, the Nekojin child scuttled behind furniture to hide from the pale-eyed guy. Once she was behind the sofa she was previously snoozing on, Yuni would peek over the back of it and glare her bright eyes at the man. She had actually grown enough to do that while she was away, a feat she was quite proud of.

"What'd you do to mon ami, mon ami?" Yuni would question, her odd little mimicry ability popping it to copy Vey's accent with saying 'mon ami'. Her ears tipped back in warning to the stranger, feeling protective of the blonde.

Curiously, Kai would glance over and watch what her small Charge was doing. Ever the brave one, even though that often got her into trouble...

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Mon ami? Hektor blinked slowly as he looked to the young one whom was glowering at him. Ah yes, Yuni, he had seen enough of her in Vey's mind to know the little one was important to the blond. Her questioning was almost cute, and he smiled weakly as he replied. "I was only having conversation with her, fraulein. I intend no harm."

Being a gentleman, Hektor kept from prying into Yuni's thoughts. It was not something he prided himself on being capable of doing, and he did enjoy the occasional surprise. Lavender hues watched the nekojin curiously, almost with a sad glint to them. He knew why Vey was very fond of her, but something tied to that reason made him almost want to leave.

Vey meanwhile, was puffing back on her cigarette between gulps of vodka. She watched the two by the couch with mild interest before setting a glass of cherry sake upon the counter for the woman in the burgundy coat. Keepin silent she closed her eyes and leaned against the counter.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Good thing he didn't try to pry. He might not have gotten too far past the mental labyrinth Kai had installed in the child's mind for... security reasons. Yuni's already narrowed eyes narrowed even more at his answer. Her element of seriousness was ruined, however, when she pursed her lips in a cute pout. She pulled her chin up to rest ontop of the sofa's back, leaning up onto her tip-toes. Her nose wiggled at him, ears swiveling. "'Bout what? Did you forget to give Vey-Vey Kissmiss pwesent? I'd be mad too."

The child blinked owlishly at what she said, suddenly remembering that she, too, forgot if she gave Vey a present for Christmas. Yes, she was still on about that even though she knew it was way too late for it. "Poop..."

Kai-lynn resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Yuni was still young and ignorant, so the woman should be grateful she hadn't suggested anything cruder. A glass being put by her caught her attention, and the woman looked over to find the stressed blonde had given her the requested drink. Grateful, Kai took the glass and sipped the sake. "Thank you."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

He sighed, hanging his head as though he'd been defeated. "Something like that... More like I couldn't give her what she wanted." Hektor left it at that, hoping the child wouldn't pry too much. Resting head in hand he propped elbow up on his knee. His voice was thickly laden with a german accent, thankfully he was capable of enunciating well enough to be understood.

Vey was not deaf to their conversation, and when Hektor replied her chest felt as though someone had plunged a dagger through it. Distracting herself with the woman at the bar, Vey nodded to the thanks. "You are velcome." Her own french accent weighed heavily in her voice, another indicator that she was unwell. She tried to ignore the two by the coffee table, but was unable to do so successfully. As much as she adored Yuni, the nekojin was a reminder of a troubled part of her past.

(~ Heads up, gonna be eating soon. Might poof in a bit. ~)

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Well, sh!t... Yuni didn't expect to hit the nail on the head so easily.

"Like candy." The child nodded as if that were what the woman was not able to get from this man. She had always gotten fussy when Kai refused to give her sugary sweets, which was often. Yuni hefted her slight weight up onto the back of the sofa, tumbling down onto the cushion in a forward roll. When she was sitting, she presented a wrapped hard candy to the man with a big grin. "There you go!"

Orange ears fluttered with curiosity, comparing the man's accent to Vey's smoother one. "Why you sound funny?" Yuni asked, head cocked to the side as she tried to mimic the man's way of speech.

Dark eyes looked between the two by the coffee table and the blonde woman at the bar. Quietly, after taking another sip of her alcohol, Kai extended an offer to Vey even if they didn't know each other well enough. "J'ai les oreilles ouverts et l'esprit si vous voulez parler..."

(( S'all right~ I should be eating soon too! ))

User Image
Samantha Tepes
{ 31 days to immortality }
╔══════════════╗
Sam was unaware of the layout of the liquor. She had been taking her time searching through the bottles. However, Vey and her friend- When did he get here?- soon caused a scene and distracted the teen from her task. She watched as Vey manhandled him before storming away and distracted herself with getting the woman's requested drink with little to no effort. Around the time the newcomer started talking to Vey in her native language that the teen decided to put her sweater back on. She busied herself with finding something for her to drink herself. "Yuni, dear. Hate to interrupt, but would you mind helping me make- and drink- some hot chocolate?" She gave the girl a hopeful look. The man she was talking to - and Vey- was clearly uncomfortable with the conversation at hand. Sam was hoping to pull Yuni out of the way, and leave the room herself, to give the two time to clear the tension in the air.
╚══════════════╝

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Hektor lifted his head when the little girl offered him a piece of candy, it made him smile a bit. She was a sweet heart. "Danke." He said while accepting the hard piece of sugar. Being asked about his accent made the man chuckle lightly, "I am German. Different than English or French." He explained, tucking the candy away in his pocket.

Vey slowly turned her gaze upon the woman whom offered an ear. "I thank you, but I will be alright in a few moments." She did not want to speak about the true problem of the matter. While it hurt that her relationship with Hektor had ended because they had wanted a family but couldn't, it wasn't something Vey was going to divulge to someone she didn't know.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni smiled brightly when he took the candy, tail wagging a bit at her side. "Danke! Danke danke danke!" Yuni was trying out a new word, with the new accent. She blinked when he said he was german, and she assumed she was english and Vey was french. The child waved her arms a bit before poking both her cheeks, ears twitching. "You're German! And I'm Yuni!"

Her fickle attention turned to Sam, and the girl instantly bounced up from her cushion to stand on it with excitement. "Hot chocolate!? Can we make 'nough for German and Vey-Vey, too? Nuh poo-poo head. She doesn't like hot cocoa."

Insert poutyface at Kai here.

Yuni hopped off of the couch to scurry over and hug Sam's leg, feline tail wagging jovially behind her.

Kai, hearing the child call her a 'poo-poo head', twitched an eye a little. Twerp... Attention returning back to the blonde, the woman nodded a little in understanding. "As you wish." Then, she downed the rest of her glass and waited to see how this would play out.

User Image
Samantha Tepes
╔══════════════╗
The girl laughed at Yuni's excitement at her suggestion. "We can make a whole big pot full of it!" She exclaimed as the child scurried over to her. there was an obvious tension between Yuni and the other woman, another reason to remove the child from the scene. "I hope you don't intend to stay down there the whole time." She mused at the child wrapped around her leg, and proceeded to walk-drag the girl in to the kitchen. "Alright. Wash your hands and put on an apron, please." Sam politely ordered the girl as she went to the fridge to retrieve milk, chocolate syrup, and vanilla. Then from the pantry she retrieved cocoa powder and cinnamon. She grabbed the pot and put it on the counter beside everything she'd gathered before pulling up a step-stool for the little girl.
╚══════════════╝

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

"A pleasure to meet you Yuni." He said with a nod, though when the young brunette spoke to the nekojin about hot chocolate it was clear to him what her true intent was. On one hand he was grateful, though it was not nessecairy. Watching the little one run over and hug Sam's leg he chuckled, though soon his gaze shifted back over to Vey.

Getting up he went over to the counter, seating himself not too far from the woman drinking cherry sake. He waited for Vey to walk past him, she was making a move to head over to the stage, but he stopped her. As much as he did not like using his power to control the will of others, Hektor pulled Vey through the counter by activating her own abilities, and pulled her onto the seat at his left. "Listen to me, mein liebe, there are forces at work here that are beyond even our superiors. I beg of you to do the right thing."

Between her lips bobbed a cigarette that had been freshly lit, Vey didn't struggle against his grip when she was pulled towards the stool. Hate filled her cold blue eyes, sure the first few encounters with him had been pleasant, eventful even, Vey still couldn't forgive him. "I'll not become another pawn in your games Hektor. Stop talking about it. Or leave. My answer shall not change." With that she exhaled a cloud of smoke into his face, a very serious expression overcoming her features.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
"Big big pot!" Yuni agreed happily and laughed as she was able to cling to Sam's leg as she dragged her towards the kitchen. She playfully nuzzled her cheek against the girl's leg as she shook her head. Once inside the kitchen, the child released Sam and used the step stool that was put out to reach the sink. "Mmkay! Wait... What's an apron?" She asked from the sink, tail swaying to and fro behind her.

Back to Kai, as she pulls her attention to the drinks on the shelves beyond the counter. Her ears would hear them, but she would not intervene in any way unless things were to become violent. Violent, as is, alcohol is being harmed. Or any action that could potentially endanger the kitten-child.

User Image
Samantha Tepes
╔══════════════╗
"Hmm?" Sam asked as she was tying on an apron of her own. She grabbed another off the pegs on the wall and brought it over to the nekojin. "It's one of these" She said as she ties it around the younger female. "It will keep your clothes from getting messy in the likely event that you spill something." She said with a grin. "Alright, I have them sorted in to two piles for you. We want lots of the ingredients in this pile" The milk, syrup, and powder were pointed to. "And just little bits of this stuff" She addressed the vanilla and cinnamon. "I'm going to heat the stove and find you a spoon to stir it with. You start pouring." She left the girl on the stool to do exactly as she said she would. She was sure to keep an eye on the girl as she moved about the kitchen, in case she were to fall off the stool or spill something. "Oh, and if something is too heavy for you, let me know and I'll help." She turned on a back burner before looking for a wooden spoon.
╚══════════════╝

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas