Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●

Sassy Silante

She smiled at the teen. She was witty and her personality sparkled. She was thankful she didn't run into a bashful bar mate. However, the teen was too young to keep night company. 'No offense.' She thought to herself. Her gray eyes however she gave her a once over mistakenly in response to her thoughts. Shaking her head, she ridden such guttering thoughts. Standing from the bar stool she made her way over to the teen and smiled. She dropped a small sack filled with coin and slipped the key from Sam's grasp. "There's 1400. That should cover me for the week." She stretched a good strech having a few bones re-adjust and pop back into place as she did so. "Mmmm." Looking back at the woman, she admired the dark ruby looking trinket, but decided commentary and history exchanges were for another day. "I wish I could be better company this evening Samantha, but I'm afraid time has caught up to me. I'll bop around gain tomorrow. Can't guarantee it'll be early." She chuckled lightly, grabbing her bag she hadn't remembered even bringing in. "Goodnight." Politely she waited for a response, but eventually showed herself to her room, collapsing upon the bed at first site.

● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
Rayne Reigns
Angels Serenade
Rayne Reigns
Angels Serenade
.: Unfortunately I have to call it a night. If I'm not back by the time the story progresses, assume she left in a hurry. :.
{{Will do. G'night. ^_^ }}
.: Couldn't resist another post. Been so long since I've RPed. :.

{{ I know that feeling. If you're not cautious, you'll end up spending the entire night here. "One more. Well, I can't leave it like that. Just one more." xD }}
.: s**t happens/happened to me all the time. xD Good night dear. Add me. I'll accept tomorrow. ^.^ :.
Good Judgment Comes From Experience

User Image
Samantha Tepes
{ 31 days to immortality }
╔══════════════╗
s**t. Sam wasn't used to people paying up front, and when they did, Kenji was usually around to handle it. She was not about to keep this woman's money on her person for several reasons. For one, Sassy might accuse her of thievery. For another, God forbid Krauly do the math and find the woman short on payment because of the teen leaving it somewhere for it to be stolen. The female visibly cringed at the use of her full name. She introduced herself as 'Sam' for a reason. Playing it cool, she laughed at Sassy's comment. "No worries. I'm never up before noon unless I've stayed up all night." She admitted as she waved the woman off. She watched Sassy head upstairs, and the obvious solution of where to stash the money caught her eye. The register. Duh. She obviously needed some sleep if she was overlooking the obvious. Sam wandered over to the register, which she'd never had to use herself before. How long had she been here? Clearly, it was time to learn such things. She touched the screen to clear the screen saver. Registers these days were like computers, so it was easy enough for the teen to figure out. When she successfully entered the transaction, the drawer slid open. Sam wanted to just drop the pouch and close it, but if it wasn't exactly fourteen hundred, it could mean trouble for both her and Sassy. She counted out the gold in to the nearly empty drawer (business had been relatively slow this week). The female folded the pouch and placed it in the back. She closed the drawer with a satisfying click.

There was still another customer in the room, who'd made no attempt to get her attention. Also, Yuni was curled up by herself on the sofa. These things meant retreating to her room was not in her best interest at the moment. So, Sam walked over to the couches and moved the coffee table from between them. She used a bit of effort to slide the empty couch until it touched the one her friend slumbered on. Sam retrieved her book from the table, climbed on to the empty sofa, and began reading until she was needed or fell asleep, whichever happened first. once more, her hand absentmindedly petted the top of the little girl's head as her eyes scanned the pages. Her lips could be seen parting the slightest bit to mouth the words she read.

╚══════════════╝

And A Lot Of Experience Comes From Bad Judgment

Angels Serenade

{{ Consider it done. Sweet dreams darlin'. }}

Ferocious Guardian

I'm done...

User Image
Moving from his room in the bar the man's face was blank, devoid of all emotion. Moving to the bar he sat silently in the chair unsure what to do with himself. Reaching over the bar he grabbed a bottle of whiskey. The kind Shadow usually drank. The kind his adopted mother like because of her husband. It was time he found out why it was so favored. Twisting off the cap he brought the bottle to his lips and drank deeply. The bottle had been nearly full but was missing at least a quarter of its container. Setting the bottle down he sighed audibly. She left him. Took his little girl with him. He knew things were rocky with the baby being in danger and all but this was something completely unexpected. There was no note, no explanation, nothing. Just missing belongings, missing fiance and missing daughter. He truly didn't know what to do now. He felt empty, useless. He was devastated. The woman he had been madly in love with him just left and took the only other thing he loved in this world. As he brought the bottle to his lips once more he drank deeply. As the burning amber liquid made it's way down his throat and tears began to surface in his eyes he wondered what the point of living was. He had nothing now. His whole life had been uprooted and destroyed in one devastating move. Setting the bottle down once more he clenched his fist trying to keep from crying again. He had cried all he cared to cry. In the time it took him to look for them he didn't find a thing. Not a trace. He had gotten back last night. He had no idea who was or wasn't around anymore. No idea of the evil surrounding the building. He just knew his heart had been shattered and that his life as he knew it ended. Once more he drank from the bottle and in a few deep gulps finished it on his own. Dropping the bottle on the counter it made an audible thunk as it bounced off the strong wood surface. Hanging his head in his hands he gritted his teeth forcing himself to keep it together. They were gone and there was nothing he cold do about it.

being second best.

User Image

User Image
Samantha Tepes
╔══════════════╗
The teen woke up early, fixed the furniture she'd moved around to comfort Yuni, and retreated to her room. Sam had showered, gone for a run, showered again, and dressed: bra, underwear, bright red jeans, black shirt (it had once been a long-sleeved T-shirt. Sam had cut the collar to show cleavage and cut out the stomach of it. It now only covered her chest and her arms from below her shoulder to her wrists), and lack tennis shoes. The teen straightened her hair and bounded downstairs for lunch. She was in the kitchen when she heard the thunk. Curiously, the female peaked her head out of the kitchen to see what was going on. There was a man at the bar with his head buried in his hands. He was the only conscious- maybe- being in the room. The young woman abandoned her idea of eating to retrieve the bottle and dispose of it. She wondered if he had drank his way in to unconsciousness. A polished finger curiously prodded his shoulder to confirm consciousness.
╚══════════════╝

User Image
An eerie humming came from the corner of the lobby. Sitting on a sofa with her long legs crossed was a red headed female with a pale face and fiery blue orbs for eyes, and a grin in her face. Her smile was lighthearted as she played with a single red curl on her french manicured finger. She spotted the male as he entered the room and her eyes seemed to trail after him. She hadn't recalled meeting this man before, but that's not surprising since Mae had been gone for some time. "Hello" she called out and lifted her free hand in a wave.

Ferocious Guardian

I'm done...

User Image
When he felt his shoulder being touched by another and then heard a voice say hello he figured they belonged to the same person. Looking up his eyes narrow, glassy he spoke. '' Sorry. I was going to throw it away...just needed a second. '' Looking around he saw a red headed woman in the back and for a second his heart beat a hundred miles a second. '' Lotus? '' Shaking his head and wiping his eyes he looked again. No Lotus. '' Oh. Uh, sorry about that. You reminded me of someone I know... '' Shaking head he looked back to the bar keep. '' Can you hand me another bottle please...if you're busy it's cool I'll get it myself. '' Adrian's tone was low, nearly emotionless. Rubbing his face for a second he tried to get the weak, pathetic look off his face and go back to just keeping it together. Buried deep inside.

being second best.

User Image

User Image
Samantha Tepes
╔══════════════╗
Sam smirked and shook her head. A sigh escaped her lips. "Sure thing, hun. But how about we use a glass this time, hmm?" She grabbed a glass and filled it with ice from the basin in front of her. She looked to the red head. "You want anything, ma'am?" She asked before filling his glass. Sam set a coaster in front of the downtrodden gentleman and set the glass on top of it. "Take it easy, alright? Making yourself sick isn't going to fix the problem. It'll still be there when you sober up." The young female started cleaning up after herself: closing the basin so the ice wouldn't melt, and things of that nature.
╚══════════════╝

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni's nose twitched in the last remained dregs of sleep, smelling badness in the air and sadness. The petting she had felt before was gone, and Sam's scent had slowly faded after the teen had left. The kitten-child awoke with grogginess, blinking icy eyes slowly and rubbing them before sitting up. She was tangled in a blanket and her messy hair was a comical disaster, orange feline ears drooped still. Looking around from her napping spot, the young Nekojin spotted Sam poking a guy at the bar and a woman with a pretty head of fire.

Getting off of the couch, Yuni stretched her arms above her head before taking the blanket from the cushion. She would tie two corners of it around her neck as if to ward off the bad smell that was wafting about the Moon. Yuni remembered back when she tried to explain her nose to Jack when she called a woman 'funny-smelling', smelling the sin that she was and not able to put words to it. She wondered if anyone else could smell 'feels', 'cause then they'd understand if she said the Moon smelled 'evil', 'bad', 'sad'...

Ferocious Guardian

I'm done...

User Image
Adrian didn't want a glass. He wanted the bottle like he had asked for. So when she sat the little glass before him he narrowed his eyes once more. '' I asked for another bottle...not this glass ma'am. '' Adrian's tone was unamused. He appreciated what she was trying to do but Adrian was trying to not feel feelings. That's what alcohol was for was it not? Reaching over he grabbed the bottle and set it down next to the glass. Drinking the content of the glass he set it down and was about to start on the bottle when the bar tender continued talking. Take it easy? It won't fix the problem? This was something he didn't want or need to hear. Normally Adrian was an optimist and didn't succumb to these sorts of things and normally he didn't fly off the handle at people he just met. But Adrian was not in a normal condition. '' You must be new at the bar tending thing. '' Adrian said glaring at her. '' Because anyone who had a ******** brain in the head would know that someone drinking themselves to death clearly doesn't want to sober up! '' He said yelling. '' Nothing is going to fix my problem! No amount of sobriety! Of alcohol! Of money! Nothing will fix my problem! '' Slamming his fist down on the empty glass he sent shards of glass and ice all over the counter. '' So before you tell me to take it easy why don't you just mind you're own damn business okay!? '' Adrian's eyes once more grew glossy as he growled to fight back the tears. '' God I'm sorry...I'm really sorry...you don't even know me or what happened...you didn't deserve any of that... '' Adrian was really sorry. He truly didn't mean to snap. That's not who he was. He was a kind, sweet person who treated everyone nicely. '' Here. Let me pick up my mess... '' Adrian's tone was low, ashamed that he had acted in such a way to a stranger, a young girl no less. Grabbing a rag he started to move all the shards into a pile ignoring the pain and blood coming from his hand.

being second best.

User Image

User Image
Samantha Tepes
╔══════════════╗
"I know, but-" her response to his first statement was cut off whenever he started yelling. Where was this coming from? Sam had her hands up in a defensive manner when he started yelling. Her eyes were as big as saucers. She tried to interject, but he just kept going. Finally, he slammed his fist on to the empty glass, causing Sam to squeak in fear as she turned her face away and protected it with her raised hands. She'd been hit by some of the debris, regardless. Thankfully not on her face, though. She kept her hands here as he shouted at her once more. Then, he flipped his switch. This was why she hated alcohol. It caused people to do stupid things that they instantly regretted/felt remorseful about. Sam blinked back a few tears of her own and slowly lowered her hands. Oh God. Yuni was awake. How much of that had she seen? Sam put on her brave face and shook her head. "It's fine. H-here. L-let me handle it." Her voice and body were visibly shaking at this point. She was still trembling when she retrieved the rag filled with glass from him and put it in the sink. Sam took a steadying breath as she stood over the sink and regained her own composure. The teen turned back to the bar with a clean rag and gingerly reached out to offer it to him. "For your hand." She explained as she held out the rag to him in a manner similar to approaching a strange dog one was afraid of being bitten by.
╚══════════════╝

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni looked towards the bar counter again as she heard the man Sam was previously poking and serving started to yell, blinking owlishly and covering her sensitive ears. Lots of words she didn't know were used, at least, she had never heard them in this tone. And then the sound of glass breaking hit her ears as sharply as the glass itself, causing her to squeaker and jump. The child scurried to hide behind a chair, blanket-cape fluttering along with her. Yuni wasn't exactly sure what to do with this situation, as it would seem the man had calmed down, but she would keep an eye on them in case more glass was to be broken.

Ferocious Guardian

I'm done...

User Image
Adrian felt even worse now. He hadn't meant to get so upset but that's what he was. Upset, hurt. He truly didn't know how to deal with it. He had never felt like this before and he didn't understand how to handle it. '' I'm really sorry... '' He repeated. '' I'm not even drunk...I'm just miserable. '' He said honestly to her. He wasn't dangerous. Not to her anyway. As she gingerly handed him a towel he took it and covered his hand with it. '' I won't hurt you...really. Just going through some stuff and I don't know how to handle it. '' This was the truth. '' My name is Adrian. I'm not normally like this...really I'm not. I hope you weren't hurt by any of that. '' Sighing he let his head hang. '' you seem like a sweet girl. I know you didn't mean to upset me. I'm truly sorry. '' He just sat with his head low. Reaching over he grabbed the bottle. Bringing it to his lips he moved his head back and let the amber burning liquid slide down his throat. He was truly, utterly miserable.

being second best.

User Image

User Image
Samantha Tepes
╔══════════════╗
He seemed to come to his senses. She was grateful for this. She cleared her throat, hoping to get rid of the tremor. "It's fine." Success. The shake was gone. Point for her. He had opened up about his misery, exposed himself, and made himself vulnerable to her. This was the first time Sam truly felt like a bar tender. She smirked at the thought. Thankfully, he was hanging his head, and didn't see it. God forbid he think she was laughing at him. She cleared her throat as he took a long gulp of the beverage, and resisted making a face as well as the urge to take it away from him. "Well, Adrian, I'm sorry I offended you." She left off the rest of what she stated for fear of setting him off again. She wouldn't ask him what he was so miserable about. That would exacerbate the situation and probably push him further in to the bottle in the process. Instead, she opted for a distraction: casual conversation. "I'm Sam." she offered her own name with a smile. She met his violet eyes with her own blue orbs, which were filled with concern. She opened her mouth and asked him something that would seem completely random. "What kind of music do you like to listen to? " She asked curiously. She propped her elbows up on the bar, holding one elbow with one hand and her chin with the other.
╚══════════════╝

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas