Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Guardian

I'm entirely to blame

User Image
Shadow looked to Sam as she spoke to him. She wasn't wrong, the job at times could be very time-consuming. But he managed, after all, he wasn't exactly what you'd call normal by any means. The next thing she said would make him stop for a moment. Smirking to himself as she left with Krauly he would whisper to himself. " You have no idea Sam. " Shadow would then follow the two out of the basement area and watch quietly as the duo went to fixing the place up for potential customers. Instead of assisting he would ponder what his old friend meant. They were dealing with simple humans? They must be very well versed in the ways of dark magic if they were able to take Krauly down in any capacity. Moving on from the topic Shadow found himself standing in the main lobby of the bar. Looking around the place looked exactly as he remembered it with slight changes here and there. Walking to the bar he remembered his first love and exactly where she sat when they first met. That was a millennia ago now. Smiling to himself he ran his hand over the seat gingerly feeling the leather.

Placing his hand on the counter he closed his eyes and remembered all that transpired here. He would remember his comrades, lovers, friends, family. But so many of them were gone now and even if they were out there who would want him after what happened? He couldn't blame anyone for their decisions. Opening his eyes he held a pained expression across his features. Then the sound of glass could be heard. Shifting his gaze he looked over to Sam who had knocked over a bottle of alcohol. Walking over to the young woman he would stand a respectable distance away and speak. " Are you okay Sam? " Shadow would ask trying to see her hands. He doubted she was hurt but if she was he could fix her wound if she couldn't do it herself. He had to wonder why she knocked the bottle over in the first place but didn't wanna ask in case she was really embarrassed.

how I couldn't keep you safe

Invisible Lunatic

I have been absent for sometime, but changed?... perhaps

User Image

A strange feeling as the whole place was brought back to its former glory, it seem rather dull as it was before despite some minor changes, the feeling of simply mortality for it was suppose to be a place as inmortal as its creator, but as all things fall prey to time, even this place was almost completely destroy by the passage of time. However it seem the outside of the inn was now reveling in the magic display here, a shifting of the clouds letting just enough moon light in. A cold breeze with that faint smell of oak and cold mountain air slipping through the open windowns. Krauly could feel all this inside this place. His moment was cut short as Sam broke a bottle "Ah the first of many" he simply said and turns to look at his adoptive daughter. He was being tended to by Shadow already.

As that happen Krauly went behind the bar and started to fix a glass "It seems our first soul is already making his way here" He said with his eye fixated on the door.

there is much to do in my kingdom. Much to restore much to create
        User Image
                                                        Samantha Evelyn Tepes
                                                        M Y x S T O R Y

XXXXXXXXXOnce Upon A Time *

She turned in time to catch her parent make a snide remark in reference to her clumsiness. Although she wasn't nearly as bad as she used to be in such regards, it wasn't exactly out of character for her to break or drop things. She was opening her mouth to tell him off when she heard Shadow address her. She stopped and turned to him, seeing what she read as concern on his face- ignorant to the fact that he'd just been reliving some painful memories of his own. Her expression softened in to a smile and she held up both her hands as she said "I'm fine. Even if I had cut myself, minor wounds aren't hard to fix. I just" she paused, looking back to the empty space where she'd remembered the man's face for a beat. She sighed and returned herself to lock eyes with Shadow and assure him "I just got distracted." She smiled again and shook her head, as if trying to clear the already vague vision from her mind. "It's a little surreal being back here" she emphasized her last two words by tapping her fingertips on the bar top. Although she seemed to successfully clear the mental image, she couldn't shake the weird feeling in the pit of her stomach, as if something were wrong- or missing. She opted to distract herself with busy work. "Let's see if I remember how to do this. Hope you don't mind being my guinea pig" she mused at Shadow as she began to mix a Long Island iced tea. She set a coaster and the drink in front of the elder gentleman and added "I know it's not the straight whiskey you've been partaking in but I figured a mixed item would be the best way to re-stimulate the juices here" her long pointer finger with black polish on the nail tapped at her temple and she stuck out her tongue playfully. She glanced at Krauly but saw no trace of the anticipated guest he spoke of.

XXXXXXXXXThat's All She Wrote *

and you may recognize me from * Apex Tavern; Blue Moon Bar & Inn
                                                        floating along for * 65 years and counting; every Spring adds another year
                                                        and this is my species * Fae

The Nice Thing About Standards Is
                                                        There Are So Many To Choose From

Empyrean Spirit

User Image

Almost as if summoned by the premonition of a new soul did one appear at the very door Krauly had fixated his gaze. The refurbished oak door that led to the forest was being pushed ajar by the fingertips of a slender hand to reveal the pale silhouette of a stranger against the moonlight outside.

“Are you open?” The voice was feminine, and despite speaking softly her inquiry was able to carry to the group at the bar counter. She made a step just past the threshold of the door to reveal her intention—namely the silent expression that she was not an immediate threat despite the obvious chest plate that was fastened to her abdomen. The warm light of the bar played off of the gold accents at her collar and sash but could not lend the same comfort beyond the clothes. Compared to the handsome owners of The Purple Moon with their dark hair and, her hair was remarkably washed out and fasted into an untidy braid. Although partly obscured by the mess of hair across her face, her eyes seemed to share in the paleness of her person.

User Image

Ferocious Guardian

I'm entirely to blame

User Image
Shadow would sigh with relief knowing that Sam was unharmed by any of the broken glass. Without her telling him he could tell she was distracted. Without her saying anything he would know what it was that was distracting her. She was seeing him. Of course, she wouldn't know who she was seeing, but the emotions were strong enough that it would cause something like this to happen. Breaking eye contact with the young woman he sighed mentally to himself. Maybe he should have made the spell stronger, but he underestimated the strength of her emotions with Adrian. Nothing he could do about it now. As she spoke up once more he would turn his head back to her, his ebony hair moving slightly over the side of his face as he did so. " Guinea pig? " He would repeat back to her as he watched her with his brow raised slightly. As she made him a drink he smirked to himself. He was familiar with it, not his go-to drink but a great drink nonetheless. He could see why his son was so enamored by the young woman. She had a way of making one smile despite not wanting to. She was a kind soul.

Taking the drink in his hand he nodded his head to her and took a long sip of the drink. As he brought the glass from his lips he heard the front door creak open. Turning around slowly his mouth would hang open for a moment when his crimson eyes met the figure in the doorway. The woman who walked in was wearing a chest plate and had gold accents on her collar and sash. These things, for a moment, made him believe it was his beloved, Mai. But as the figure stepped further into the room he realized quickly that it was not. His mouth closing and his eyes returning to their normal downtrodden stare he would smirk and raise his glass to the new patron. " Welcome! Yes, we are open and the drinks are good tonight. Please, have a seat at the bar and take a load off. " Shadow did his best to be welcoming, to seem excited or happy. Though he was not and this wasn't even his bar, he wouldn't want to scare off Krauly's first new patron in god only knows how long. Moving away from Sam with his drink in hand he would leave plenty of space at the bar for the lady to come up and not feel crowded or threatened.

Invisible Lunatic

User Image

The dark god was right about that air shift earlier. Small details hidden to mortals and preternatural beings were quite a vivid picture to creatures of predatory nature or those that live in the shadows.
He warmly smiles at the newest patron of this lil haven he had created. A strange yet familiar feel seem to reach into Krauly`s very being. Nostalgic almost like seen an old friend, yet he had not know this person with the brestplate and pale eyes. Looking at the new comer and Shadow taking care of her for the time being. He also greeted her "Welcome to the new Purple moon" He smiles at her soflty. Krauly`s dark grey eyes almost sparked, as she made her way pass the threshold. It had been ages since a figure outside of the animals of the forest mountain pass by those doors.
"Im one of your host Krauly, please let us know what you need, were here to serve you" He said politely at the woman. There was a certain warrior feel to her that himself and Shadow knew too well. The breastplate was also a give away of her color of armor, he could not recognize but he could tell she needed a place to rest. He fixes his wrist cuffs as he makes his way towards the bar, moving rather fluidly silently and almost like a panther making his way behind the bar to serve the woman. "And who do I have the pleasure to serve on my humble stablishment?" he said letting his curiosty peek, Of course he could read her past a perk of his new godlike status, instead of seeing into her mind like before his new power took a hold of him But to him staying as mortal as possible was the more polite way to greet new patrons.

Empyrean Spirit

User Image

Met with the dazed expression of Shadow, her right hand lifted to curl a finger in front of her mouth and stifle what she would only excuse as a cough. “Pfft.” In truth, she was uncomfortable with the possibility of being mistaken for the person who would evoke such a reaction and her response was be the lamb. Once fully inside, she turned her back to the owners and closed the door with a gentle push before the shuffle of fabric and quiet padding of feet brought her closer. Although she came from the door leading to the woods, and presumably from the forest beyond, her feet were bare and darkened as if she had been walking through ash. The closer she was, the more easily it would be to surmise the reason she was in the forest because of the earthy aromatics that lingered on her clothing.

Her movements were deliberate and slow while she listened to Krauly’s greeting, and her head would tilt to the side with a sheepishly sly expression.
    “I’m afraid I’m not worthy or used to such an accommodating welcome,” she mused. She had a demure countenance despite the momentary confidence in the face of the pair’s—and what she presumed would apply to Samantha—obvious strength. No menacing aura followed her and the quick pace of her heart remained constant beneath the armor.

”My name is Sayoul,” Her gaze had lowered while she spoke, carefully fishing out a silver rectangular coin from the pouch tucked in her sash and displaying it between her forefinger and thumb in the silent question; Is this acceptable? Now close, she found it difficult not to admire the dark appearances of the patrons--in particular her gaze lingered on the features of Krauly as if in curious observation. The entirety of her iris and pupil were milky when viewed up close and resembled those of cataracts.

There was a pause where her gaze lowered again as if in consideration of whether to make the following inquiry,
    "Have you ever come across an elf named Janna Worldwalker?" Her attention turned between all of them, a sincere expression lifting the inner corners of her brows.

Invisible Lunatic

User Image

Staring for a small second at the new comer he listen to her words with a lot of attention. There was no threat from her, nor she felt all that out of place walking towards the bar in her barefoot and slightly dishevel state compare to the new attire Sam and Shadow were donning. He smirks and remembers just how he was dressed and look mere moments ago. As her voice carry over the lounge it seem to almost echo, but not echo within the halls of the upstairs or the library not even the lounge of the bar. But more like resonating within Krauly`s own soul. For the first time in what seem a millennia, he heard a real earthly and more importantly new voice. Slightly excited for whatever mystery this new soul would bring to his old home. "Oh nonsense my dear, You are far more valuable than you give yourself credit ".

He looks at the coin she got out of her pouch and nods in acceptance of her payment. Time had certainly been an enemy of Krauly as of lately. For now he did not even recognize the type of currency she was carrying. Did not matter to him, he was more interested in bringing back more life to this place than mere money, let other mercenaries and mortals deal with their petty fortunes of gold and paper ink and plastic cards with make believe riches. Looking into the woman`s eye as she introduce herself, Krauly give her that wicked smile of his, fake for he really did not feel like smiling but alot of his charm could be just ooze throught with a mere smirk. "A pleasure to have you on my home and establishment Sayoul," He said and reaching under the bar he offered her a card with the bar and inn logo and name. There was something of a plastic and etheral feel about that small card. Almost like it was not suppose to be under the bar counter, or the top or any other place for that matter. Infact it was not a mere card to throw away, since it was just materialize via magical means, just away from the eyes of the current patrons. There was also a certain strange alure to the logo and make of the card, once seen you could feel a certain compulsion to take it, was like a big bag of Halloween candy or a big chocolate sitting at the window of the candy store.
After the simple supernatural sleight of hand Krauly listens to her inquiry about the elf. He seems to look around and try to think, make his old memory work. But then turns to his friends.
"perhaps my darling daughter Sam may be of more use to you, I just return to this parts of town you see" The fiendish smile of Krauly was flashed as he turns to Sam. As is to avoid the secret of his recent resurrection, plus Shadow being back from a war and dealign with his new charge he may spent less time within the earth realm to know of this worldwalker Sayoul was talking about.

User Image
                                                        Samantha Evelyn Tepes
                                                        M Y x S T O R Y

The Fae began wiping the bar counter and organizing the bottles in the area to her preference. She glanced up at an unfamiliar voice asking if they were open. "Well, I'll be damned" she mused to herself upon realizing her parent had been correct in his assumption of company. She turned back to Shadow to see his approval of the drink with a nod and, in satisfaction of her work, turned away from him to steal a glance at the mirror behind the bar area. She wanted to confirm she was presentable enough to actually work if needed. The black tank top over matching leggings and boots was simple enough to suffice. Stealing a moment to tie her long hair back in to a cleaner pony tail, she caught a glimpse of Shadow's reaction to the new arrival. She was very curious as to who or what would make him make such a face, as he didn't seem the type to be so easily shaken. Within a singular heartbeat, however, the face had smoothed over in to his usual off-putting glance. The woman found herself trying not to laugh at his attempt to be welcoming.

Satisfied with her appearance, she moved to the sink to wash her hands as Krauly in turn welcomed their new patron. The two shared a polite back and forth while Sam busied herself with adding another coaster to the bartop. At this distance, the Fae could get a better look at the newcomer- Sayoul- was their name. From top to bottom, it looked as if they'd gone through some recent hardship. Or, maybe they liked being in the woods like herself. Sayoul inquired about an elf, and Sam was startled when Krauly redirected the question to her. She quickly fixed her face in to a smile. Unlike the gentlemen around her, smiling was hardly ever forced, and her face fell in to it naturally. This was probably the reason her guardian trusted her as heavily as he did in such Customer Service situations. "Unfortunately, I haven't come across too many elves or other non woodland creatures as of late." She would have offered a locating spell of sorts, but didn't want to make Sayoul uncomfortable as not everyone was so keen to welcome magic as a solution, such as Krauly in his attempt to be slick under the countertop when he manifested the business card a moment before.

The female gestured to one of the empty stools in front of her and asked "Did you want to take a moment to rest and have a drink? Perhaps with more information we may be able to combine our resources to better assist." She dropped her hand to fall casually on the nearest bottle and had a polite, patient look on her face while Sayoul considered her offer.

Empyrean Spirit

User Image
    Ahh...I see. Her thoughts were quieted as the host smiled at her. The charming and genial expression was answered only with a sheepish smile from herself, the inner corners of her brows lifting. Sayoul was generally wary of the type of overt charm and would note to herself to not press upon the hospitality of the dark-haired gentlemen too much so as to avoid a repeat of the feeling. With the indifferent acceptance of the currency by Krauly, she would set it down on the hardened countertop with a light tap, inching it forward with a forefinger to exchange for the business card with aroused a new expression of curiosity. She had never been given a business card by an Inn and its alluring design piqued a genuine interest. Rubbing her thumb over the pleasant finish of the card. Sayoul's nails were unmanicured and long, tinged in an uneven dark and rusty hue that spread to her fingertips. With the presence of blood absent, it was more likely that the color came from a careless use of ink. She stopped short over the logo as if startled from a daydream and--as a child triumphant in securing a bountiful candy spoil--slid the card away behind her breast plate as Krauly suggested his daughter may be more suited to the inquiry.

Tilting her head to the side, she smiled to Sam.
    "Oh, I see. That's too bad," her reply was brief and lacked the suggestion of disappointment despite Sayoul feeling the sting. With the offer to sit, Sayoul accepted by nodding her head and moving slowly over the stool in a smooth side-step without drawing it out. At times she would waffle between stiff formality and a warm loftiness that seemed to be at odds--particularly in new and unfamiliar settings. Her expressions were not entirely natural, but neither were they forced; each sheepish supplication was a disarming response. Placing her forearm to rest against the edge of the bar top, fingers curling in a comfortable rest, she would again accept the gracious offerings. "That's a kind offer, I hope you don't mind that I accept," she withdrew her hand to touch her chest, pausing to consider before adding, "I don't have many details, only a couple of names." Her hand returned to the position at the countertop. Whatever Sayoul had considered previously, the hesitation was set aside for a later moment. "Ah, perhaps if you could suggest something..." She trailed off, forefinger lifting to make a slow circular motion that asked for Sam to select the refreshment. All the while, the heavy fabric of her left arm remained unmoved.

Ferocious Guardian

I'm entirely to blame

User Image
Shadow was seated near the left end of the bar now. A decent distance away from Sayoul and the others. He was mildly embarrassed for letting his emotions flare up so easily. Downing the rest of his drink he set the glass down and pushed it to the side away from him. The new patron, Sayoul seemed to not be a threat at this time and seemed friendly enough. Their movements were deliberate and her expressions carefully chosen. To Shadow, it would seem that she kept her thoughts and feelings quite close to her chest. He respected that and wouldn't think about it much further. As the owner, and the patron exchanged words his gaze would shift to the drinks behind the bar. Despite his welcoming demeanor, he was no longer in such a good mood. Seeing an old, very good bottle of scotch he would lean across the bar and stretch for the bottle. The mark on his arm was once again visible. Once he had grabbed hold of the bottle he would return to his seat and adjust the sleeve of his shirt to once again cover the accursed mark. As he opened it he could hear Sayoul asking if they had encountered an elf by the name of Janna Worldwalker. Taking a minute to think about it as he poured himself a glass of the scotch Shadow could not recall ever encountering an elf by such a name.

Seeing as the conversation had moved on after Krauly deflected to his daughter, Shadow would elect to not answer the question unless Sayoul asked him directly. It seemed like she had already assumed that none of them knew anything about this character as she didn't inquire further. Not even a moment later she would confirm his thoughts with her answer to Sam. Bringing the glass to his lips and taking a long drink, Shadow would close his eyes as the amber liquid filled his mouth and then slid down his throat. Delicious, it had been a long time since he had such a smooth drink. Opening his eyes he would look to the group as they continued to converse, he didn't really have much to contribute to the conversation. From what he could see Sayoul paid Krauly in some sort of silver coin, and according to what he had heard she didn't have much information about the person she inquired about. But he supposed anything would be better than nothing. " If you're looking for the said person then any information would be better than nothing. Depending on the information I might be able to use some of my resources to either find the person you're looking for or at least gather more information about them and where they might be. " Shadow's tone was even, his voice serious. The man had his hands in many things hidden in the dark. He wouldn't normally offer such things to strangers but he was bored and had some time to kill.

Invisible Lunatic

User Image

Krauly remained behind the bar while Sayoul and his daughter talked, it was not long when Shadow joined in to chip in into the inquiry of a new patron, smiling at such courtesy for a new stranger that just appeared, Krauly was rather happy to see they had not forgotten their customer services days back on the hay day of this place. But he does seem to like the improvement of Shadow`s dress code and how he carry himself. It would seem that leading had improve him somehow.

He shook this thoughts and realized he was trailing off, his attention shifting to the crows way outside of the mountain, in the city, saying we found him we found him. "hmm" he close his eyes a noise inside his mind as he used this location spell for someone else that the dark god was also looking for. "I see, this is good he is near"

Krauly thought and told the crows in the city while seeing throught the eyes of the creatures.
He saw a middle age man, heavy set coming down the side of a building stairs into a car, a paper bag on hand. He tossed a alcohol bottle to the side of the road and turn on his vehicle while hitting some old plastic trashcans getting out of the parking lot of this motel. "You done good, but this can wait...just need you to follow him for now. He told his scout throught telepathic link.
opening his eyes Krauly was back in the lounge of the purple moon. He smiles as may have been caught day dreaming again perhaps, he keep his eyes close too long while facing towards the entrance of the bar.
"It would seem this place still is missing something" Krauly said while moving away from the bar for a moment, looking around placing a hand on his pocket coat, casualy placing a finger under his chin as he scanned the place and his sorrounding, in thought, as to what could possibly be missing "Ah of course" he said moving towards the jukebox, he touched it and some simple jazz tune came forth. Wasnt his first pic but that certainly gave it a more friendly ambience to the place.

User Image
                                                        Samantha Evelyn Tepes
                                                        M Y x S T O R Y

The bar tender was definitely interested in learning more about this curious newcomer, but she figured with a little hospitality Sayoul would eventually be put at ease enough to share more with them. Especially since she was requesting their aid in locating someone- or someones- by the mention of a list. It was odd that the white haired individual seemed to reach for something and then discard it, but Sam knew better than to push the subject in the interest of keeping her guest comfortable. It was then that her offer was accepted and Sam was asked to recommend a drink. She hesitated, taking a moment to really drink in Sayoul's features. She clearly didn't mind being in the woods, whatwith her calm demeaner about wandering inside in such a state, which Sam both appreciated and accepted without judgement. Along with with the ink stains on her seemingly gentle fingertips, Sam surmised this person would appreciate the classics. Furthermore, they mentioned looking for an elf earlier, so they obviously were aware of creatures outside the human realm. Sam wandered away from the idea of a Old Fashioned and picked up a bottle of Gin. She set it on the counter while she scooped a few cubes of ice into a squat round glass that had a square patterned finish on the bottom. Holding the cup in her left hand, she picked up the bottle from the counter in her right. In one smooth motion that would imply years of experience the bottle was twirled to pour about a third of the glass's occupancy before it was set back down. Sam then grabbed an object that looked like hose with a bunch of buttons on the back and added the tonic for the drink. She then took the contents of the glass and poured them in to a silver canister, which she shook to even out the alcohol- to- mixer ratio. The contents of the canister were poured back in to the glass without losing a drop. She added a wedge of lime to the side of the cup before holding it up to the light to inspect it. The Fae must have been satisfied with her work as she smirked here before placing the drink on the coaster she'd laid out beforehand and, in another fluid motion, added a small black straw from a canister nearby as she gently slid this closer to her customer.

"Enjoy!" she chimed. Her face had fallen in to that natural smile once more, flashing her teeth in an ever-so-polite display. She didn't want to seem overbearing or make Sayoul uncomfortable so rather than stare the other person down, Samantha busied herself with picking up the coin that was left on the counter and moving it to the register. Turning away from the register and closing the drawer after depositing the currency, she caught sight of Shadow drinking from a glass next to a bottle of scotch she knew she hadn't set on the counter. She walked over to her stepfather's friend while grabbing the bottle of Gin off the counter along the way. "Excuse you, sir. All you had to do was ask." She was obviously teasing since her narrowed green eyes still had that mischievous glimmer in them that was often found in children who were rebelling against the rules. Sam grabbed the glass that had previously held the Long Island she'd made him and turned to put away the bottle she held. It was here she heard him offer his resources to Sayoul as well. Once the Gin was secure in it's place she emptied the remaining ice in to the sink and rinsed the alcohol remnants. The young woman retraced a few steps back toward Shadow's end of the bar and graciously bumped a hip in to what appeared to be the only spot on the wall that didn't have any shelving, but was actually the door to the kitchen- which one could catch a glimpse of over the sink where a window without a pane or glass had been cut. Her head dipped out of view as she placed the dirty cup in to a rack of the dishwasher.

Magic could have easily saved her a few steps here, but she genuinely enjoyed bustling about and doing things the longer way at times. After all, what time was she genuinely losing by taking a few moments to move around the way humans did. It wasn't like she had anyone in her life outside her parent, his friend, and their guest at this time. This thought seemed to strike a nerve with her as she re-entered the room while wiping her hands upon a paper towel she'd procured from the kitchen. The feeling something was missing lay heavy upon her chest. Part of her felt like she'd previously had quite a few friends- a family of sorts- that had been lost. Once again, her mind settled on the brunette gentleman she'd seen earlier as she glanced back in to the kitchen from the doorway like she'd forgotten something behind. She audibly scoffed and said something about being silly before tossing the paper towel in to a nearby receptacle and rejoining the others on the business side of the counter.

Krauly seemed to have gone stiff on the other side of the room while she'd been moving about, but before she could say something his shoulders visibly relaxed and he moved from behind the bar over to an instrument. The soft Jazz began filling the room and she smirked. It appeared she was not the only one here who was distracted, as more often than not the music of choice for the Purple Moon had been the Piano in the corner. Knowing Krauly was much more than capable of handling himself, and that not everyone appreciated an audience for personal matters, she returned to Sayoul to inquire "How'd I do? Do you like it?" There was a pause for the other's answer before she added. "Just let me know if you need anything else." The kind creature now picked up the cloth from before and began wiping down the bartop again.

Empyrean Spirit

User Image
    The movement to her left caught the corner of her eye, Shadow tucking himself away with a reach behind the bar for a bottle. Sayoul turned her head just in time to catch the glimpse of a peculiar mark on his arm. A tattoo...? she wondered, perhaps making a note to inquire later out of curiosity. With a second offer to assist in her search, Sayoul lifted her hand from the bar to tilt her palm toward the ceiling, thanking Shadow. "That's very kind of you, thank you…?” She trailed off, having never received the stranger’s name. Without an offer first by the man, she would never independently inquire. Again there was a hesitation about sharing more, fingers curling to press the forefinger and thumb together in private consideration. She had not arrived to an answer when something pulled at her attention.

A peculiar reflection gleamed across Sayoul’s eyes, her gaze momentarily upon Krauly as his own attention waned. Her expression was neutral and passing, but had a furtive linger. The moment passed, and as if it had never happened, she was watching Sam as an attentive patron.

Although she did not immediately recognize the bottle selected by Sam, nor the drink as she set about busily pouring and shaking the contents into creation. Sayoul watched in fascination; how natural the movements and selections came to Sam had not gone unnoticed. With the final drink before her, slid close from the easy glide of the protective coaster, she touched the side of the glass with a light tap to claim it. Out of habit, Sayoul lowered her head to sniff at the mouth of the glass, the fizzy seltzer tickling her nose and mingling with the aroma of juniper and lime. The similar laugh from earlier escaped in a huff of air, eyes narrowing in a familiar expression of a smile as her finger curled below her nose to brush away the aroma. This time she lifted the glass, having gingerly removed the straw to rest at the edge of the coaster while tipping back all but the ice in a single conquer. Delicately mixed drinks were not common where she hailed, a home to strong ales and even stronger drinking habits. Where she enjoyed the slow pace of warm beverages, the colder ones seemed to incite the habit of drinking quickly.

Sayoul had just taken the wedge of lime from its perch on the edge of the glass to eat, chewing the sour rind in thought to Sam’s inquiry while the slow notes of jazz filled the atmosphere.
    “It was good.” Her answer was short, devoid of any critique, and an instance where she would not be so forward with her preference. To soften her answer, she explained, ”It’s juniper?” She knew the answer, and could picture the berry clearly in her mind, the strange pine-like aroma accompanying the distinct memory and translating it to the alcohol. “What was the green fruit?” The citrus had not twisted her expression in the slightest.

After an answer, Sayoul’s voice would comfortably lower.
    “May I ask how long this Inn has been around? It seems new, but also…has some history.” The change of subject was relaxed, fingertip tracing the edge of the coaster slowly. Sayoul was showing some of her hand to the strangers and it seemed that—at least for the moment—she had decided not to pursue the individual she initially inquired about.

Ferocious Guardian

Because I can't wait for you to catch up with me

User Image
Taking his eyes off the group as he drained the scotch from the glass he would take hold of the bottle and begin pouring another round for himself. When Sayoul spoke up towards him his head would slowly turn to meet her murky white eyes. Smiling slightly he would set the bottle down and adjust his posture in his seat before replying. " Shadow, my name is Shadow. Sorry for not introducing myself sooner. " He would apologize for being somewhat rude. " It would be no issue. Despite my current position, I have a large amount of free time. " Running his left hand through his hair he made sure to keep from using the arm with the mark upon it. The mark wouldn't mean much to others. But to him, it was something he'd rather not talk about. If asked he would explain it, but he'd need to be careful in explaining it in front of Sam. He could tell she was already beginning to recall things. She probably couldn't figure out what it was but given enough time she may remember everything. Then he'd have some real explaining to do. But he only guessed all of this bc if she had remembered certain things, she'd have confronted him already.

Watching Sayoul watch Krauly for a moment before drinking the drink Sam had made for her he took a moment to take in the woman's appearance and his experience with her so far. She was odd. Played it very close to the chest she did. He wasn't sure if she was an elf or not but it was very clear that she was not a human. This was enough to make her likable in his eyes. He did not care for humans very much. Not since the incident. Looking away from her he would grip his glass a bit tighter than he meant too and the glass would make a faint sound as if it were going to splinter in his hand. But it would only break a small piece off the rim of the glass. The demon wouldn't even notice. Sighing he would turn his gaze back to the new patron, Sayoul. She was eating the lime after she finished her drink. The woman didn't even flinch as she chewed it. He was shocked, to say the least. Limes weren't as sour as lemons but still. That was quite a feat. He wouldn't comment on it but instead, put it away for now. After the white-haired woman finished her lime she began asking about the drink Sam had made, what was in it, what the name of the green fruit was. Smiling slightly to himself he thought it was amusing if he was being honest with himself. Perhaps she didn't move around humans and the like very often. It would explain a lot if that were in fact the case.

But her next question made his smile fade and replacing it was a pondering look. How long had this place been around? He knew it was old but it couldn't be centuries-old yet, right? In his mind, he thought maybe the place was a decade old, maybe a few decades. But he wasn't sure anymore. His sense of time has been very warped from traveling back and forth from different plains of existence. Not that any of that mattered to him anymore anyway. Looking to his old friend he'd set his glass down " How long has this place been around Krauly? A decade? A few decades? I can't remember to be honest. " Shadow legit had no idea. This was especially true when he left and began watching over his son at his bar. Signing out loud he would look away exasperated. Not at anyone in particular just in general. Everything he said and thought brought him back to the memory of his son or someone else he loved and he hated it. He wished he could have altered his own memory or asked Lilith to do it for him. But the way things were now and honestly he would continue on even if given the option. It was penance for the things he had done up to this point.

and I can't live in the past and drown myself in memories

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces