Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
♚ ♛ ♜ Jolene Ramo ♝ ♞ ♟

☢ ☠ - - - - - - - - - - - - - ☠ ☢
I'm toxic darling, don't tip me over. I might spill on your pretty face.
♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

Upstairs in her new room, Jolene woke up groggily and rolled out of bed, getting up from the floor to shower and change. She stepped into the small rectangular shower and only a few minutes later she had a towel wrapped around her head and bust. She slipped them off and then began her morning routine: Brush teeth, floss, brush teeth again for good measure, brush hair, style hair, do makeup, floss again for even good-er-er measure, and change.

Today, she wore bright blue skinny jeans, a South Cal. crew sweater that's neck almost slipped off of her shoulders, with the sleeves once again scrunched up to her elbows, hot pink knee-high boots, a single chunky white-and-gold bracelet, and a colorful blue radiant hair extension that curled and she pinned under her bangs.

Looking through her suitcase for her last accessory, she found....

Her phone buzzed and she ran to it, snatching it from the nightstand. It was... Seth? Why was Seth texting her? They hadn't spoken in months, she had thought he hated her. Really, he told her he hated her multiple times, and it crushed her each time.

The text read: I'm at a Passion Pit concert! ******** yeah!

Jolene exhaled sharply. Cool.

After about 30 seconds. I know, right?

Jo threw the phone on the bed and went back to her suitcase. She didn't have the will to talk to him anymore. She knew that if they ever talked, eventually, he would say something harsh again. And she couldn't bear hearing him say such mean things. In her name.

The accessory she found belonged to him. Well, belonged to her. He gave it to her. One of the many times they were in a relationship. Sounds kind of weird, right? How could someone so mean to her fall in love with her so many times?

It was a gold charm necklace with a blue stain-glass-like chip in it, marked with the words I love you. The gold was fake, of course. It was most likely bought from a Thrift Store. Seth never really had much money. Probably because of his life choices -- He wanted to be a musician. Sure, it was enjoyable, but it didn't pay much, and she didn't think the fantasy of being in a band would last pass the 9th grade.

She didn't know why she packed the necklace. But when she put it on, she remembered why. She would never wish it to leave her sight. Ever.

She gave another sharp breath and walked out of the door, trying her best to act not-sad. She left her phone in her room. She couldn't bring it with her, or she'd break down.

What she didn't know that, as she left the room, her phone buzzed again. It was Seth, again.

Hey, I miss you. Where are you? I want to meet up somewhere.

Oh, Jo. What you don't know can hurt you some times.

She walked down the stairs to the bar, sitting down on a barstool right before someone new approached. He looked like Ciel from Kuroshitsuji. Haha, Kuro-s**t-suji, she thought to herself, acting like a middle schooler, and then waved slightly, a bright girl-next-door smile hitting her face and her golden brown eyes glimmering slightly. "Hey, you look new."

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟
You wouldn't want acid all over your pretty face, now, would you?
Theme Song
Outfit

Punctual Hellraiser

Grayson Crawford
Ph.D. Fae Studies & Metaphysics.
Paranormal Forensics Expert

||Location: ONS
||Orders: Personal

User Image

Hearing footsteps on the stairs, he instantly closed his bag again. Silver eyes snapped to the woman in question as she stepped onto the main floor and offered a small wave. He watched her approach but his eyes never stayed still for long, they would flicker from her face, to another part of the room, to her body and back across the bar. There was a frantic desperation to his gaze, but his body language was calm enough.
He analyzed her quickly, taking in any important details, at first there weren't many. The amulet remained mute. Brows climbed his forehead as she moved towards him, the gesture caused his specs to fall a few centimeters, they were quickly adjusted by busy hands.
"Not new," he offers, a surprisingly deep voice from the lanky man. "I just don't come around very often. I'm... a busy man."
He figured he was better off being polite, the actions would make his actual agenda much easier in the long run. You catch more flies with honey, they say.
"I'm Grayson," it was simple enough, not one for personal details. He didn't offer a hand, not fond of any un-required touching. "You look a little young for a place like this." That was Grayson, straight to the point. Perhaps, a little offensive a times. There was an amusement to his tone, but not necessarily a joking one.

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
♚ ♛ ♜ Jolene Ramo ♝ ♞ ♟

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

"Jolene."

Unlike him, she took in every single detail of the man, not just the "important" ones. Important was such a biased word to the woman. What was important to one was unimportant to another. "Ah, lucky you. I often find it better to be occupied than not." She said, and whipped out a notebook and her fountain, writing down a series of things that Grayson wouldn't be able to see. She gave a soft sigh and her bright eyes contrasted with her entire face in a natural smile. Fake, of course. She wrote as she talked, as she was a good multitasker. "...Although with what, is the main variable. Being unoccupied is better than cancer, after all." She gave a light and soulless chuckle.

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟
Theme Song
Outfit

Punctual Hellraiser

Grayson Crawford

User Image

If he had been wearing a smile, it would have faltered at her clipped responses. He briefly wondered if he had offended her, but didn't dwell on it for long, because he wasn't one to be interested in such trivial matters. Not a people person. Argentate eyes watched her movements as she reached for said notebook and pen. The gesture piqued his curiosity and he leaned forward a bit in his seat as if trying to peek at her scrawling hand. Eyes dropped to her smile as she began to speak again, there was falseness to it that wasn't hard to pick out. Yup, probably offended but too polite or inquisitive to leave him be. Or bored. Her dress however, claimed a desire for attention in his mind. He did his best to produce his own small smile, merely a minute curling of the corners.
"I suppose, I can agree with you. So, tell me, you're not writing about me in there,are you?"

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
♚ ♛ ♜ Jolene Ramo ♝ ♞ ♟

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

Jolene looked up to the man and her smile grew as she shut the notebook with a quiet Wh-Fwap. "About you, particularly, no." She said with another light chuckle. If he had wondered if she was offended by his remarks, she was not. However, she would have understood how he saw her expression as one of offense. "So, where are you from? What brought you to this place?" She said with the friendliest tone she could muster, trying not to sound nosy. She would be happy to tell her story as well in return for the information she wanted.

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟
Theme Song
Outfit

Punctual Hellraiser

Grayson Crawford

User Image

Grayson sat back in his stool once more, an brief expression of relief on his features. It was gone as quickly as it came. The last thing he needed was some school girl taking notes on him. Though, she could have been lying. The thought also crossed his mind in the seconds it takes him to analyze things. A brilliant scientist before his Faerie-charmed mind drove him to calculated insanity, his brain was always ticking. It was a wonder how he paid attention to anything outside of himself. She was speaking again, questioning. Women were always so prying, he held back a sigh, still playing nice.
"I'm not really from anywhere. I've always traveled a lot, even as a child. I've never stayed in one place for long." Such a boring explanation was Grayson's way of avoiding talking about himself. He was trying to hide in plain sight as they say, get as close to his targets without really being noticed. Unless it was called for. The smile, though forced, faded as she asked his business here. Silver eyes narrowed, but not necessarily in here direction as the flickered away and he turned in his stool. Mouth set in a thin line as his thoughts were once again brought to Chance.
His Chance.
Oh, how he longed for her.
Shaking his head to push away the thoughts, he lied.
"I'm a Detective," well, that part was true. "So, I am sort of here on police business. Can't tell you much I am afraid." There was the lie.
Fingers once again slid up his nose to readjust the thin-framed glasses.
"Why don't you tell me about yourself?"

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
♚ ♛ ♜ Jolene Ramo ♝ ♞ ♟

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

Jolene, as the man was talking, re-opened her book to turn to the page she never finished writing on and completed her notes, but when he finished his sentence and moved onto a question, she looked up with her eyes but not her head, closing the notebook more lightly and placing it back in her bag. There was a moment when her golden-brown eyes showed a kind of evil mischief, but it was for no good reason. Still, it was rather intimidating to many. Probably not him -- She wasn't trying to intimidate him, anyway. It was just instinct. "I just finished highschool, I'm getting ready for college." She said and crossed her voluptuous legs, resting an elbow on her knee and her chin in that same hand, atop a curled fist. "I'm studying to be a Neuropsychologist. Choral minor." She said with another sly grin.

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟
Theme Song
Outfit

Punctual Hellraiser

Grayson Crawford

User Image

She opened her book again as he spoke, before he started questioning her. The action caused his brow to furrow a bit, but it wasn't worth causing drama over.
Color Grayson impressed. He had been right about her age, the major however was a bit of a surprise. She didn't come off as dumb, but not nearly so ambitious. It did explain her obnoxious bits of note-taking.
His eyes met hers as she look up at him with a devilish expression. He didn't seem at all perturbed by it, very little got Grayson's attention and intimidating was a poor adjective for the detective. He looked away from her, flickering over their surroundings again as he finally placed the weathered bag on the ground.
Seemingly tired of them, he pulls the glasses from face and tucks them into a pocket at the side of his vest, rubbing fingertips over the bridge of his nose. What the spectacles were actually used for was unclear and he didn't need them all the time.
"That's very impressive, Ms. Jolene. Hopefully the university you've chosen is a good one for such a prestigious field."
He wasn't drawn to her coy movements, seemingly oblivious to her curves and pretty features. They was he spoke to her was similar to how a non-lecherous brother or uncle would speak to a pretty relative. Humoring, but not at all attractive.

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
♚ ♛ ♜ Jolene Ramo ♝ ♞ ♟

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

"Mount Holyoke... Female Seminary." She said, looking back down at her lap, evidently bored. The man wasn't interested, and he wasn't interesting -- There was nothing she could do about it. "I'm not religious but for a Doctoral degree, I can pretend to be."

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟
Theme Song
Outfit

[[ Short post is short ]]

Punctual Hellraiser

Grayson Crawford

User Image

Grayson read her bored expression, he took it as a sign. He was feeling the same way. It wasn't her fault, there was potentially a world of interesting things to this woman but Grayson had no desire to discover them. He was rather single-minded recently. Falling further and further into his spiraling insanity the longer he went without Chance.
At this point even someone lesser in his mind like Adon or Taiga would be enough to fulfill his needs, but even they were absent. If Jolene had been more than the human she appeared to be, and if the enchanted amulet he wore had grown excited in her pretense she would have been in for a whole world of 'interesting.'
However, with a small sigh he nodded at her response.
"My congratulations, because that is indeed a good school."
Eyes would flicker to her face again and he took a moment to actually look at her. His expression was blank, but some disappointment could be read in his eyes. He would remove himself from the stool, bend at the waist to retrieve his bag once more and offer her the best smile he could manage.
"Well, no need for an old man like myself to bore you any further. Good luck with your studies. Goodbye, Jolene."
Farewells would potentially be exchanged and as soon as he would turn from her the smile would fade, and the brow would furrow. The deepening frown would last as he stalked away from her, pushing open the door and disappearing into the cool night.

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
♚ ♛ ♜ Jolene Ramo ♝ ♞ ♟

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

Jolene would bite her lip delicately and wave, her eyes glimmering one last time and then the girl turned to write down more notes about the man, and then finish her drink. It wasn't very often she met someone just as psycho as herself, especially one that she actually had a real conversation with, if not a boring one. Maybe it was possible that when two interesting people collide, the relationship isn't very interesting. Realizing this, Jo wrote it down. Then wrote about it. And then hypothesis after conclusion after variables and variables appeared on her notebook, as she waited for someone else to show up.

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟
Theme Song
Outfit

Sparkly Phantom

User Image

The sheep woke up from his long nap and entered the bar area downstairs feeling lonely as usually but it was nice today to sit alone on the bar stool. Rocket thought to himself and thought of all the nice things in the world and how perhaps he was better off then other people..though being a talking farm animal really wasn't glorious he was getting used to it.

He bought himself some bendy straws and smiled to himself. He wouldn't need to ask others for help anymore but then he had no reason to intercat with others now. He sighed and glanced around out of boredom.
BaconBunch

LOUIE THE SNAKEMAN IN..

"We're very similar, you and I."

Came Louie's voice, which might've been more striking as he'd been absent from the bar for quite a while. The familiar mass of scales and snake-parts were missing from the place, where could they have gone? And where was that voice coming from?

So there was Louie the Snakeman, above the woman- most of his mass curled along the rafters ( if the place had them) or some sort of sturdy lighting fixture, hanging above her. For the longest time he had sat there, swaying and rocking out of sight, curious about the woman and what she was writing- before taking a few notes for himself.
"We both.. mm.. write about people and our.. contact with them.." He hissed quietly, slowly slithering down so his head was near her shoulder- staring upside at her notebook.

"It'ssss sooo nice to meet another, writer, you know.." He mentioned, tossing a loose arm about her other shoulder- upside down."Sssssearching for so long for sssomething interesting, you and I. Mm, yess. The question is why.." And at that moment the tip of his tail dropped down like a weight, pinning the page she was on with the blunt point of itself, then flicking back and forth to briefly pace through page after page.

"What is it, mm? Excitement.. knowledge.. mm.. adventure, ooh.. rrrrromance? Let's ssseee~"

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
♚ ♛ ♜ Jolene Ramo ♝ ♞ ♟

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

Why was it that, in this place, people were so much more curious to the contents of her book? In most places, no one asked. It was courtesy; Even if it wasn't important what was in her book, which it was, people wouldn't even consider asking.

This scaley ******** sure as hell wasn't reading her book, even were he to kill her, her bones would stay gripped to the pages, closed and binded. Hot glued, even.

Jo grabbed the tip of Louie's tail and pulled down with all of her strength, sending him flying down to the ground. With his strength, he certainly wouldn't crash down. Still, he would be safely away from the book. "I don't care for your questions." She said coldly, not straying away from her notebook but continuing to write. "We have met, but we are not friends." She sent the words stinging in her voice. She hated to be so harsh, but she gave no mercy to people who tried to read her book.

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟
Theme Song
Outfit

Sparkly Phantom

User Image

Rocket gulped and saw how angry and scary jolene could be and was glad he didn't attack him back then at the table when they all thought the farm animal was being a creepy pervert. He sighed and fiddled with his hooves wondering if he should go apologize but the sheep didn't want to be turn into a soup...

"erm...t-that's erm.." He mumbled from afar looking at Louie and wondering what he would do. If the sheep was in his situation he would just run to a corner and cry for forgiveness. Rocket gulped and just idly sat by until it was safe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff