Wine 0.14736842105263 14.7% [ 14 ]
Other 0.18947368421053 18.9% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 95 ]

Interesting Citizen

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Justinian Aegidius Virilius
User Image

In the garden of The Golden Rose stood nine statues, eight of which stood in between the eight pathways the garden would lead. These statues depicted well-muscled men with Roman helms on their heads, and a cloth covering their bodies. In the middle of the stone circle stood an angel statue, which faced south. Why am I explaining all of this? All of the statues took unnatural poses, showing off their muscles and bending themselves in unnatural ways, which, to the artist's credit, were incredibly detailed and accurate. However, one statue was different. The statue was dressed the same as the others with it's cloth tied around his waist, but it faced the angel, sitting on its pedestal, leaning forward with its hands folded together, staring in awe. As far as anyone knew, this statue had always been known as "The Lovesick Man." If one looked deeper into the history of the statue, they would discover that it, along with the angel, were the last surviving members of the original statues which had been crafted ages ago. Someone else had made the other seven in order to renovate the garden along with the hotel.

Now, why is this important, you might ask? The Lovesick Man began to shake. It was slight, at first, but as a few minutes went by, it suddenly became violent. In a matter of moments, the Lovesick Man's left leg shot forward, granite shooting off from the appendage and revealing a tanned skin tone leg. Soon, his other appendages were free of his rocky prison, and the Lovesick Man hit his chest. The stone shattered from his clavicle to the upper part of his stomach. Pushing against the pedestal, he freed himself from it, revealing that his cloth covering was tied to the right side of his waist and flowed down midway down his calf. Finally, he turned around slowly, then head butted the pedestal, breaking the remaining stone on his head. Leaning upwards, he shook his head, then looked upwards, his red helmet shining in the sun. Reaching up, he took it off, then placed it on the pedestal, revealing that his dark blonde hair had been the source of the crest. After all of the granite had been stripped off of him, much of the muscle tone had been lost, but he was still quite tall at six feet, and his muscle mass revealed an athletic, fit body. The man turned around, once again staring in awe at the angel. "Hortensia... I will return to protect you. This I swear. However..."

The man looked over at the inn and back at the angel's statue. Smiling lightly, he took the angel's hand and patted it lightly, looking into her eyes. "It seems I am needed. As you know, it might take a while, what with stupid timing and everything. But it is no matter, of course. Let's go see if I can find some clothes, hm?" He laughed lightly, slowly moving away from the statue and letting his hand drop from hers. Turning away from the statue, the man confidently strode away, a smile on his face. One trip to the store and seven high-pitched screams later, the man had successfully haggled getting a black hoodie, a pair of boxers, a pair of grey sweatpants, and a pair of black flip flops for free. Needless to say, he got out of that store as quickly as possible, and ran back to the inn, where he opened the doors, stepped inside, looked to the left, and walked into the dining area.

Lavish Lover

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ȶhe scars of your ღloveღ
        ȶ
        hey leave me breathless
        I can't help
        ȶhinking,
        We could have had it
        αll...

Everyone seemed to have a complicated past, especially those sorry, lost souls that wandered into the Golden Rose. Lexi nodded in understanding, fiddling with the cloth she had picked up. It wasn't that she was not interested in the story that Le'kron was telling her it was just that it was vague and well.... she felt sorry for him. To not know where to go from a specific point was always a horrible path to travel. Did he continue with his same morals and goals as he did before his life was saved by a supposed enemy which turned out to be a friend, or did he change himself because of such an event? It was all so hard to grasp, and Lexi was glad she was not in his shoes. "Sounds like you have a lot to figure out, my friend. I feel sorry for you." It was simple and blunt because Lexi truly did feel that way. Unfortunately, her duties did not all her to stick around and try to explain more for a few new patrons entered into the bar. One of which seemed to be eying up the booze fantastically well and Lexi decided to focus her attention on the very newest of the two.

He wore a simple outfit, a black hooded sweatshirt and some grey sweatpants. The clothing style was not typical of the Golden Rose. Many people went for pizazz or something dark and mysterious. It was the way people held themselves in the garb that caught the patrons' eyes. Ah well, this was almost better than that because it was so different. He looked to be on a mission as he entered into the bar, and Lexi was curious as to who he was. Something about him looked slightly familiar, but she just couldn't put her finger on it....

"Welcome to the Golden Rose, friend," she began beckoning for him to come near to the bar. She did not want to have to leave her post but she did not want the new patron to feel as though he was not being welcomed. So she gave him a friendly smile, wide enough to let a tad of her pearly white teeth peak through her lips but just small enough to keep it from crinkling the edges of her crimson eyes. She glanced over to the other patron (Mischievous) and said "Just let me know what you want when you're ready." It was quick enough to allow herself to focus attention back on the others.

Interesting Citizen

User Image

A voice had called the man over, indicating that he was welcomed. Looking over at the voice, he saw a familiar face with dark, crimson eyes. As her smile grew, a smirk fell on the man's face, and he walked over to the bar, sitting somewhat near her. Well, if you could call it sitting. His bottom was plopped on the bar, certainly, but his elbow had been placed on the bar top, supporting his head with his hand while his legs had clambered onto the bar stool next to him. As such, his body turned completely towards the girl. "Well, well, if it is not our sweet, little gardner? Ah, but it is a bit disappointing that you don't seem to remember me. After all, you did pass by me every day. Then again, I suppose I was not quite... animated at the time."

The man laughed again, wondering how long it would take her to understand where he came from. For the moment; though, it did not matter. No one would want to expect trouble in a place like this. It was filled with alcohol, food, and good cheer, after all. Why would anyone want to ruin such a good feast? Even if that feast was not a celebration or party. Instead, he decided that pretending to be a customer would be good enough. He momentarily considered the fact that he had no currency to pay the girl with, but he supposed that his assistance in the Garden might have been worth enough. It was true. As the hotel had been more and more run down because of its abandonment, the garden reflected the same status. Without a household to protect, Justinian's magic grew weaker and weaker. With Lexi's help and a magic source to feed off of and help get him started, the statue had strengthened the garden's resolve and life. But that was a story for another time. All of this story and his thoughts had gone through his mind in a flash, and he had not had a drop to drink in... Well, he could not even remember.

"Well, in any case, I will have your best draught of red wine. Let us hope the taste matches up to memory, hm? Maybe some bread and cheese to go with it, as well. Thank you very much. Let us see... What was your name... Perhaps I never heard it." The man shrugged lightly before sitting up and placing his hands in the large pocket of his hoodie. Blinking down at it, the man felt around for all the space. It was always odd, being in different time zones and seeing how the clothes changed from age to age. Having so much room for stuff reflected on the society, for example. Stopping himself, the man looked over at Lexi as he tried to recall if her name had ever been said in the garden or not. At times he would look around the room, nodding at other patrons with a simple smile on his face. It was good to be alive.

Lavish Lover

ȶhe scars of your ღloveღ
        ȶ
        hey leave me breathless
        I can't help
        ȶhinking,
        We could have had it
        αll...

This man was quite an odd one, but what was one to expect when you opened your doors to all sorts of creatures and goons. He sat awkwardly on the bar, not in the stool, and had a goofy smile on his face like he knew something Lexi did not. It made her slightly wary, especially when he called her the 'sweet, little gardner.' Cocking one eyebrow up, Lexi felt her head tilt much like a confused and curious puppy. Did she recognize him? Pass him every day? Her full lips parted to speak, but Lexi found she did not know what to say, and closed them. This happened a few other times making her look much like a fish out of water. She sure felt like she was just that. The trivial speak had Lexi amused, however, and she couldn't help but smile.

"I do apologize for my inability to recognize you, I've come across so many faces in my life it's almost become a blur to me now. I probably couldn't even recognize my own mother." 'Not that I would want to... that wench.' Lexi shook her head with a gentle laugh, pulling a red wine glass up to the counter and turning her crimson gaze to the bottles of wine. The best wine she had was a tad hire on the shelf, and with a stretch of the body and a little tip of her feet to the tips of her toes, Lexi was able to snag it down and bring it over to the new - or perhaps old - patron. "I'll get you set up with some drink before I disappear and get you some cheese and bread. The wine and bread are from Italy. The cheese... I can't remember, but I do believe I have some goat cheese lying about.." A small crease came to her forehead as Lexi began to think but was interrupted mid-thought by realizing he had asked for her name before.

Pushing a bottle stopper into the wine opening, Lexi looked up and pushed the glass towards him. "My name is Lexi Roseli, I'm sure if you've been around you've heard it whether in passing or in gossip and rumors." There was a twinkle in the bar owners eye as she turned around and placed the bottle back on the shelf before disappearing into the kitchen. Moments later, Lexi appeared with a small tray of bread and an assortment of cheese, setting it down in front of the patron. "Now, if you should be so kind as to tell me your name, so perhaps I can put my finger on where I have seen you before?" Lexi asked him with a teasing smile.

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Her mannerisms both confused and amused the old man, and he decided to act more... casually. Leaning over, he plopped down onto the bar stool and spun around once before reaching for the glass that Lexi had handed him. Picking it up gently, he brought the glass up to his nose and sniffed it lightly. His eyes rolled backwards as he sighed contentedly, then his eyes brought themselves back and rested on the crimson liquid. "Ah, Italia. This brings me back."

Justinian smiled lightly, thinking about some past known only to himself. Looking upwards, he raised his glass slightly, then took a sip of the liquid. Sighing, he tilted his head to one side as he placed the glass back down. It was not exactly what he had remembered, but that did not mean that it was bad. The old man just did not expect the flavor he got after many millennia of waiting for a chance to drink once more. Still, it was quite good, and maybe even suited his tastes more than the wine from his own time. Perhaps it was for the best. And so, the old man happily looked over at the girl as she came out with the food.

"My full name, my dear lady, is Justinian Aegidius Virilius, but you may call me whatever you like. After all, my name has been long since forgotten. And it is no wonder you might not recognize me. For a long time, I have simply been known as... 'The Lovesick Man,' which is highly inappropriate, in my opinion. I was not love sick, but merely stricken with the beauty of my beloved, at the time... Well, I suppose without my cloth and helm, and a highly impossible muscle mass, I must look much different. Tis no fault of your own. Ah, and I should thank you for your assistance with the garden."

The man raised his glass to his lips once more, then placed one of the cheeses on a slice of bread before munching on it thoughtfully. As he did so, he grinned at Lexi, wondering if she would understand.

Combative Soldier

16,075 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
A nightmare...
brought to life..

Mischievous Evil

Mischievous Listened to the person he then spoke out and said. "Yes i would like the one of you finest alcoholic beverages so you decide i'm not picky and don't really care who it is made." He then snapped his fingers once and a briefcase appeared in his hand. He opened and looked at the money and said to the owner. "100,000 dollar's should cover everything right oh and also maybe a room to stay i kinda like this place more so the little area around here." He then closed the briefcase and looked at the place smiling to himself this man would enjoy it here. But first he needed to figure out fine areas to looked for and where most rich people liked to be. Like he normally did he would stay in a area for a bit and make money one of his greatest plans yet

He also had a fake name in mind but first he looked at the other man who was speaking with who he assumed was the owner. He then thought about it he had a habit for listening into other people's conversation a rude habit at that. But he didn't care so he would wait for his drink and then he would drink hell he probably would cover everything for anyone who was going to buy drink he was in a good mood. He then thought of it and said. "Ah yes and a hundred more for the man you are taking to. I hope that will cover his cost if not i can pay more." A she put a hundred dollars on the table and looked around at the place.

Lavish Lover

ȶhe scars of your ღloveღ
        ȶ
        hey leave me breathless
        I can't help
        ȶhinking,
        We could have had it
        αll...

As the man tasted the wine, Lexi turned to the other patron who had finally decided. Yet what he decided on was a tad surprising. He wanted the finest of her liquor. Well, that would be a full bottle of her nicest whiskey, hiding away in some back corner. Did she want to give it up though? Lexi eyed the patron suspiciously. No one walks in and just asks for her finest alcohol, especially people she didn't recognize. Yet, when he snapped and brought a briefcase into view (full of money, mind you), Lexi just about had her jaw drop to the floor. "Let me see what I can do for you, but I don't have any fancy rooms, they are all standard and all the same." 'and I'm not about to give up my own to some crazy who probably has counterfeit money"

Lexi quickly turned around to the shelves behind her. The top shelf stuff was all well and good, and she did have a very nice bottle of tequila. 'He can have the tequila.' Pulling that down, Lexi placed the bottle in front of the man with a shot glass. He wanted the nicest stuff, he could take it straight. She gave him a devilish grin, hoping that he would produce the money before he actually decided to take a drink. She couldn't afford to lose her best stuff.

Just when she was about to open her mouth and demand payment, the other man was beginning to speak again. She was intrigued, and shut her mouth tight just in time to hear him state his name. Justinian Aegidius Virilius. Well that was a mouthful. A quizzical look came over Lexi's facial features, letting a smile of amusement tug at her lips. He had a great story to go with the name, but he was still spouting riddles to the bar owner. "Virilius... it sounds familiar and you look familiar but I still have questions. Justinian... how is it you know that I tend the garden? I just.. I cannot begin to imagine what you mean. Helm? Cloth? Are you telling me you're some kind of Roman god that has come to thank me for having a green thumb?" Lexi gave a laugh, obviously finding herself funny in this situation. Just then, a thump from the back door in the kitchen could be heard. Her crimson eyes glinted with surprise and delight as the female turned to peek in the doorway. It was Nikolai and he had a fresh cut of silvery blue roses ready to be put into a vase. Her lips pulled into a wider smile. What a sweet, thoughtful man.

"Nikolai! Come here, I want you to meet someone who thinks our handiwork in the garden is impeccable!" she called out to him, turning back to look at Justinian. "Maybe he can refresh my memory, or at least make heads and tails of your little riddle," she teased.

Winner

User Image

I'm a good man. I've done terrible things. But I'm a good man.

Hard work was happy work. Hard work is happy work. He kept repeating the work, digging for the perfect flowers for the perfect woman. It was tedious, steadying every pedal and every curvature of the flower had to be perfect. After a good amount of time of intense study of the flower, he cut it and placed it into the vase he had gathered. He glanced around, feeling something off. Something was missing. There was a sound of stone shattering, and he stood up slowly, investigating where there was the only mass of stone...And he glanced at the mess of stone in the garden. Nikolai placed the vase of flowers on the pedastel near him, and bent over to investigate the mess of stone.

He picked up one of the pieces, and the smell of a man came off of it. Plus, the pieces were too thin. The damn statue was hollow, and whatever it was broke out of it. Well, it wasn't in the garden, and he didn't hear any screams....so chances are, either everyone in the Rose was dead or whatever the statue was got bored and walked off. He shrugged, feeling confident that he could deal with whatever threat was presented (likely he could) and walked back into the Rose. He glared at the man with the suitcase, and he tapped the mossy-oak shotgun case under the bar, nudging Lexi before smiling at her speaking. Just seeing her made him smile, made him feel even more special than he already felt around her, just being her. He kissed her on the head, and glanced at the man. He let out a low 'oh' sound. He leaned on the bar, and faced Justinian, and spoke coldly and lowly towards him, and Lexi could probably hear him."How long were you there, lovesick man?"He said coldly, cracking his knuckles while he had his arms folded.

Combative Soldier

16,075 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
A nightmare...
brought to life..

Mischievous Evil

Mischievous heard her words and said to the owner. "Take the briefcase there's about 100,000 dollars in there so that should cover the costs. As for the room i don't really care also about the money don't worry its all real." He smiled at her his sharp teeth showing he then looked at the tequila. He eyed it a bit and smiled. He liked the look of what he had been given he looked at his shot glass and said to himself. "Well another good day and 2 million dollars earned." He opened the bottle and poured into the shot glass and then downed it. He didn't like the shot glass and its speed. So he then just grabbed the bottle and began to drink. Once he put it down he was already half way done and smiled at this thought. He probably would be adding more money to his 2.7 billion he already had and how he got now that was only for him to know. He may have swindled people out of there money and sold them fakes of items they wanted. For him is was good business for the person buying it was to dam bad.

He also had his little game he liked to play on the street which people payed there whole life to play. All there money and possessions for what nothing but one lousy wish he granted them. Ah yes he remembered the last fellow he gave up his fortune just to have on lousy wish to bring his dead wife back life. Sure he did it and brought the man's wife back but then he realized he was broke and couldn't afford his home and everything else he had. He thought about this and chuckled a little oh it fun when the man asked back for his money it didn't end to well for the man. He then began to drink more of the tequila from the bottle mind you ignoring the shot glass.

Dangerous Sage

9,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
((Nikolai is a terrible employee. He keeps treating all the customers like crap. <_<

Also what is this madness? I'm going to stop lurking? What act of devilry is this?!?! Also, if my post sucks I apologize. I'm pretty out of practice.))

The doors to the Rose opened and closed almost once more as yet another guest entered the establishment. He was an impeccably dressed middle aged man. His black suit was immaculate and perfectly tailored to fit his body. His shoes gleamed in the light of the dome evidently still well polished despite the fact that he had appeared to walk to the Rose given the lack of a motor vehicle. He adjusted his midnight blue tie briefly before removing the fedora from his head and placing it on a coat rack. He stroked his well kept facial hair ((He doesn't look like spock in a suit that's just what his beard looks like)) as he entered the bar proper. Despite having worn his hat his short cropped chestnut brown hair was unruffled. All and all it looked like the blue eyed black suited man had just finished getting ready for a very important business meeting.

His eyes scanned the occupants of the bar dismissing everyone but Lexi, who seemed to be the barkeep. He frowned briefly as he removed a golden pocket watch from his pocket to check the time before nodding. He then strode towards the bar and placed himself on a stool in front of it, several stools away from the other customers. He seemed to be ignoring any of the bad vibes that the apparent bouncer was putting off.

Hellraiser

His right hand gripped the duffle bag which he had slung over the hand's respective shoulder lazily and his left hand held onto some paperwork he had filled out for employment. Looking up at the establishment as a few people bumped past him in the city, glowing crimson orbs taking observation of the establishment's exterior before finally opening the door and making his way down the hall way. His large glossy black steel toe boots clomping against the floor's surface as he made a turn to the left after a few momentary steps, he would press to the door and push it open with little struggle. Dark green locks barely visible under the dark gray hood which had stood in contrast to the white fur lining the raised hood and the rest of the coat's dark appearance. His torso was covered by a tightly fitted pitch black muscle shirt, that showed off the six-foot-one framework's muscle tone which stood with about seven percent body fat with one-hundred-eighty-five pounds to back it up. The hefty looking rectangular buckle shimmered much like the pointed pyramids decorating the midnight toned gloves adorning the pale flesh of his hands, with careful examination one could see red trimming the fingerless pieces of hand accessories which were obviously for more than to make a fashion statement. The faded out gray jeans hid the top of the man's boots with ease and had worn spots in them from obvious heavy wear, stepping into the light one could see that the dark green hair and nearly perfectly symmetrical facial features were decorated with pale flesh that accented the male's nose and jawline in the same sense as a model instead of a brawler.

Making his way to the bar counter after some careful consideration, he dropped the duffle bag onto the neighboring stool's surface while sliding the employment papers across the counter for the establishment's owner. The large hood hung low, giving a small shadow to accent the glowing crimson orbs further like an eerie set of rubies haunted with a cursed past and fitted into a sterling silver band. His body only slightly shifted as he tucked either hand into the side pockets of his coat, beneath two bigger pockets with flaps and buttons that matched the smaller pockets adorning the coat's upper arms and breast pockets. Other than the rhythmical breathing from the male's nostrils the only other sounds to come from his figure was that of his wallet's metallic chain clattering against the stool's surface which he now rested and the occasional ruffling of his clothing rubbing together with whatever movement he had made. The paperwork had a list of many previous employments as a bouncer listed in a neat and filed order, printed and stamped by the work office.

Lavish Lover

[[ Ack! So many posts to reply to! Please be patient as I try to fit it all in to one

Helloooo Briaaannnn, I'm glad to see we've snagged you once again. ~ ]]

Lavish Lover

ȶhe scars of your ღloveღ
        ȶ
        hey leave me breathless
        I can't help
        ȶhinking,
        We could have had it
        αll...

Lexi couldn't help but blush at the affectionate gesture Nikolai gave her. With flushed cheeks, the bar owner gently nudged Nikolai back with a 'be nice' glare when she noticed his cold demeanor towards Justinian. Though she adored and loved Nikolai, he could be a bit brutish at times. Hence why she mostly gave him the job of cooking and throwing people out because, well, she didn't really have a bouncer and she was in no shape to be doing such things. As Lexi was about to introduce the two men to one another, the man with the tequila offered her all of the money, to which she was still completely surprised. It was a thought that she was going to have to hold though because just then, two more people entered into the Rose. "I'm going to need more employees..." she mumbled mostly to herself rather than to Nikolai or anyone near her. One of them she recognized slightly just by the way he walked and the clothing he wore. The peaking of crimson eyes and green hair was hard to forget as well. It was the man who had offered to buy one of the patrons a drink as well and seemed to be well... Rejected for lack of a better word.

Lexi began to walk over to him first because he had slid an application toward her over the bar. Her soft, full lips pulled up into a pleased smile as she noted he wanted to be a bouncer. Her own crimson orbs glanced up to him and she nodded. "Would have been nice if you could bartend too but I'll chat with you in a moment. Customers first, then we can talk about employment." Not that they would need to talk about much. Even with a single glance at the page, Lexi could tell he was qualified for the job. Ever since the rough housers had gone, Lexi didn't really need much for a bouncer but seeing as the Rose was being frequented more often.. maybe it was time to think about using that $100,000 that was sitting in that suitcase toward hiring some employees. Eying up the next patron, Lexi folded and stuffed the application into her back jean pocket and approached the suited man with blue eyes politely.

"Welcome to the Golden Rose. My name is Lexi, what can I get for you, sir?" she asked simply. He looked far too nice to be here, and something told her he was short on time, or perhaps had too much time on his hands. He had glanced at his watch as though he were disappointed. then again, what did Lexi know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff