Wine 0.14736842105263 14.7% [ 14 ]
Other 0.18947368421053 18.9% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 95 ]

Dangerous Sage

9,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
((Well s**t. Lokas is in the house. That's pretty damn awesome.))

Dangerous Hunter

[AHM BACK BITCHES. First person to piss off PTSD Lokas gets a free Propylen Oxide shower.]

He took a seat beside her and she relaxed, ashing her own clove cigarette he'd no doubt recognize. If she remembered correctly, he liked them too.

"Barkeep! Rum and coke, when you get the chance. Please."

She nodded towards the bartender as well.

"And a beer for me, if you would."

Truly, he did look different. As he spoke, she took him in after what felt like ages, trying to place this new aura that surrounded him. It was strange to see such a gentle look in the eye of a woman with blood splattered across her face....

"How's the cherry holding up? I'm surprised to run into you outside of her walls."

Her smile faded a little at mention of the Cherry. Things had been quiet, really. Strangers passed through here and there, but old friends, like him...they seemed to have scattered.

User Image

Her smile was now forged, and he'd surely detect it. He wore one that seemed just as weak, just as tired, and after a few moments, her eyes fell shut and she sighed.

"This...happens every twenty years or so, sometimes sooner."

She leaned forward slightly on her elbows, coming closer to his familiar warmth.

"People you think are you're friends, your lovers even...they always move on. Whether to another chapter of their lives, or to the next one entirely...it all feels the same to me."

She paused, realizing he may take that the wrong way, and added

"Not that I expect them to stick around forever, of course...forever is a long, long time."

Her gaze faltered, glancing past him at something distant.

"Sometimes being in that place just makes me crazy. I find myself waiting for people to walk through the door who have been dead for years...lifetimes..."

She laughed at herself in a defeated way, her eyebrows raising slightly at the sound of her own words. It was hard to confide in others on a subject like this. She was immortal...not everyone understood what it meant to carry the weight of time. It was a lonely venture, especially for a vampress who didn't play well with others of her own kind. But somehow she felt that Lokas would get it...after all, he traveled a lot too. Surely he experienced similar feelings.

Not wanting to be too negative, she sat up a little suddenly and shrugged, bringing her cigarette to her lips.

"But..." A feeble attempt at recovery was made. "Things will pick up when I go back, I'm sure. They always do."

She took a long, deep drag and closed her eyes.

Lavish Lover

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ȶhe scars of your ღloveღ
        ȶ
        hey leave me breathless
        I can't help
        ȶhinking,
        We could have had it
        αll...

Ruckus and danger was apparently attracted to the Golden Rose like a moth attracted to light. As Lexi had just mentioned she was trying to keep the ruckus away, another patron appeared in the doorway, shotgun raised and a stone cold look upon his face. It was a terrifying thing to see, something Lexi was never ready for but had dealt with before... and even then she hadn't been ready for it. Actually, she was pretty sure she almost lost a tit over a guy that had decided to harass the customers of the Rose. An involuntary shiver ran down her spine allowing the white hairs upon her arms to raise slightly. Thankfully, the man's gun was quickly pulled away from his trigger finger and it appeared as though he knew someone here... the only other female in the bar.

Lexi hadn't realized it, but she had been holding her breath. As soon as the two bodies connected, a puff of air was released from its fleshy prison inside her body. "What'd I tell you? Ruckus." She gave an apologetic smile to the hooded figure she had been speaking with. That was the problem with being a bartender as well as the owner of the place, she never had a chance to really sit down and get to know someone. Ah well, the more money she brought in the happier her and Nikolai would be. Then maybe she could hire a bartender and she could get to know some of the new patrons.

Pushing aside a few strands of hair, Lexi awaited for the two to get reacquainted with one another before one or both decided on a drink. The male did first, his giant, tan arm waving towards her but in a more pleasant fashion. Huh, a man with a shotgun who knew how to be courteous. Lexi nodded to his order and the female's as she chimed in after. "Coming right up," came her softer voice, more saying it to herself rather than them. They were quite engaged in conversation and Lexi didn't feel it was her place to be a bother.

After a few moments, Lexi stood in front of the two to set down an amber colored beer in a frosted glass for the lady and a rail rum and coke for the male, not filled too high with ice. "Anything else you two need?" Lexi asked with a pleasant smile, pulling an ashtray up from behind the bar to set in between the two.

Dangerous Hunter

"Oh, I know better than you think." Lokas mused in response to her comment about people moving on. He could especially empathize with the part about friends and family passing away. Having been a soldier, he'd seen his fair share of friends meet their end. Never in the dramatic hollywood deaths either, where they held off a choke point against a never-ending horde of enemy combatants. No, it was always sudden, unexpected, and usually pointless. A sniper caught Rav Turai Azoulay in the leg. He bled out before they could get him back to base. They'd just been on patrol, looking for nothing in particular. Turai Epstein? Roadside bomb. Lokas had held him as the life slipped out of the half of his face missing after the explosion. Ah, but that was years ago. Years and many many miles ago. Memories as vivid as they day they happened on another planet across the stars. Lokas's fake little smile slowly slipped away as his brain preoccupied him with these distant images. He managed a little upturn of the lip's corners when his drink arrived.

"Anything else you two need?"

"A, uh-" He started to ask for an ashtray for their cigarettes, but found that she'd already produced one. He nodded appreciatively. "You read my mind." He took another long drag on his cigarette while fumbling around with his back pockets. Yes, he certainly was a strange one and he'd only make himself more of an oddity when he produced a pair of twenty dollar bills from his wallet and slid them across the counter. It was a lot for two drinks, but he hardly cared. Wasn't his money. He'd eliminated a drug operation three weeks back, taken about ten thousand of their profits and burned the rest along with the product and the bodies. Forty dollars was a drop in the well. The middle easterner ashed his cigarette and then wrapped his other hand around his glass. He rose it in Valkyrie's direction. "To reuniting with old friends." He said genuinely, clinking his glass against hers before taking a healthy swig of his drink. "I'm sure you'll have plenty of trouble to deal with when you get back." Lokas joked as he returned to his conversation with Valkyrie. There was always lots of trouble at the Cherry, Lokas had been their bouncer for long enough to know that. Speaking of; "I do hope I didn't leave you too short-handed when I left." And he hoped she understood he didn't have much of a choice in the matter. There had been another war brewing, a new enemy to fight against. Even if his commander had given the opportunity to back out, Lokas couldn't.

He was a soldier after all, from the day he was born.

Shimmering Cupcake

Nice to meet you Lexi, the name is Le'kron.

Seeing that she was quite busy with handling the bar, he didn't feel bothered that she had business to take care of during this chat of theirs, was a hazard of the job. Figuring he would be patient enough for when she was free again, he would share a bit more of his story after Lexi found a bit of a reprieve from her duties.

I suppose you can say I'm on a trip of self discovery...

Le'kron had many things he wanted to figure out about himself, before the death he played a part in, he thought he had it all figured out, but now...
Hood pulled low over his eyes, Clavian leans with his left shoulder against the closed door. Dark eyes scan the street before he shoulders the door gently open and eases himself through. His gaze doesn't leave the street until the door clicks shut, whereupon he turns, right hand raising to his hood and pushing it back to reveal vivid green hair, which he runs the hand through before taking a look around.

Seeing an empty stool at the bar, he makes his way over and sits, eyes darting over the faces of the other occupants of the building. He seems on edge, awaiting something...
[******** Lokas....NOT EBAG"]

User Image

"Oh, I know better than you think."

Her eyes softened. She believed it.

Lokas was one of the strongest people she knew. That kind of strength was something she knew could only be forged by suffering, and a lot of it.

"To reuniting with old friends."

She smiled, raised her beer.

"Indeed."

They bumped beverages and she gladly drank to the notion of having him back in her life, even if only for a little while.

"I'm sure you'll have plenty of trouble to deal with when you get back...I do hope I didn't leave you too short-handed when I left."

Valkyrie lowered her beer and laughed, shaking her head slowly.

"Oh, I absolutely will...but don't worry about things like that Lokas. It's my burden to carry, and I carry it willingly."

Truly, she had her reasons, and there was a method to her madness. It seemed strange to most that someone of her ridiculous age, wisdom and strength would simply run a tavern, and a brawlers tavern at that. But seclusion, she knew, was not the answer. It was her way of staying in touch with the community, and keeping up with a rapidly changing world.

But of course...the biggest reason was that she had to brawl. There was no better way to feel alive than to have the piss beat out of you once in a while, and naturally, to beat the piss out of others in return.

"Besides...I know you're a busy man."

She winked, bringing her cigarette to her lips.

"How has that been going, by the way? Been taking quite a few names, I'd imagine..."

Dangerous Hunter

Viice

Oh, but Lokas did worry. Behind all that stone and grit was a heart. A heart shriveled and turned to leather by hot desert winds and a lifetime of sand and grit, but it was still a heart! Valkyrie may have been undead and probably better able to handle the situation better than any human, but she was also dealing with inhuman mongrels all the time. Lokas ran his tongue across the rough edges of his teeth as an idea began to form in his mind. He could use another place to lie his head. He had plenty of safehouses scattered across Gaia to flee to when necessary, but The Cherry was a defensible location with clientele that would be hostile to any invaders. He could count on them as a form of militia if need be. Plus, he could perhaps rendezvous with some more old friends. At the very least he'd get to enjoy the lovely company of Valkyrie.

"Besides...I know you're a busy man."

"Heh." Lokas chuckled at the insinuation and drank some more of his drink with an actual ******** smile. He shook his head slightly as she finished her question and he set the cocktail down. "None. No lady friends to speak of." He looked her square in the eyes and shook his head again. "Not many friends at all. To be honest, you're the first friendly face I've seen in two months now." That was a rarity, Lokas being honest. He trusted Valkyrie though, he'd known her long enough that she'd earned it. Sometimes you just needed to get something off your chest. However, before she could respond, Lokas was talking again while tapping his cigarette lightly against the ash tray.

"I'm thinking though. I might just come back with you, to The Cherry. She was the first place I stayed when I came to Gaia, she's practically home now. And my latest tour is uh. Over." Over was the nicest way to put it. A ******** catastrophe was a bit more apt, and Lokas's sudden change in facial features expressed that. Or rather, his lack of facial features. That somber smile he'd sported a second ago vanished, and his mien became completely neutral, unreadable. A flat poker face. Of course, Valkyrie knew well enough when a man was just hiding his feelings.

She wasn't quite expecting the response she received.

"Heh...None. No lady friends to speak of."

Truly, she had not meant that kind of busy...but that seemed to be the first thing that came to mind for him. The notion broke her heart....and it became clear. He was lonely.

"Not many friends at all. To be honest, you're the first friendly face I've seen in two months now."

User Image

Perhaps just as lonely as she.

"I'm thinking though. I might just come back with you, to The Cherry. She was the first place I stayed when I came to Gaia, she's practically home now. And my latest tour is uh. Over."

Then he sprang that on her, and she sat up a little, her eyebrows raising with interest. To have Lokas home would be outstanding, and not just because she was practically running the place herself....

She wanted him around.

"Really? That....would be wonderful!" She paused, reminding herself that he had said might. The last thing she wanted to do was pressure him into it. "You know you're always welcome at the Cherry Lokas, always. Your room is as you left it."

There was no hiding her excitement at the idea. It was there in her eyes, and in her smile.

Dangerous Hunter

For some reason, her elation to have him back surprised him. Perhaps it was his cynicism, expecting her to spurn him. Perhaps he'd just forgotten what it was like to have someone else want you around. Either way, his smile was coming back. He tried to hide it by taking a drag on his cigarette, but there was no use. He'd actually have to show his teeth this time around.

"I still can't mix a drink for s**t." He mused with a laugh and a shake of his head. That may have been a joke, but it was true. Soldiering didn't exactly make you the best bartender. "It'll be just like old times then." He said with a nod. That settled it. He was going home. "I'll still vanish every once in a while, but you know how that goes." There was still so much work to be done. So many murderers, drug-dealers, pimps and rapists to take off the streets. Lokas had turned over a new leaf and decided to do some good since his last tour. Although his sense of good might be a bit skewed, since his body count had swelled by three digits in the past six months.

Then a thought hit him. And he smiled. "It's a good thing you left my room the way it was." He said with a loud laugh and a shake of his head. For whatever reason, something had just struck him as very funny. "I forgot to tell you when I left. I had a directional mine rigged to that door. If anyone had tried to open it, they'd have a hundred new holes in 'em." Well, his sense of humor was a little black, laughing at the idea of someone getting shredded like that. But hey, it was only funny because it didn't happen.
There were warm fuzzy feelings about an optimistic future. Old friends were reunited, ready to hold hands and skip back home together. Hell, maybe a few of the other oldbies would come home and they could hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

She was just about ready to reach over the table and hug him...

And then he opened his mouth....

"I forgot to tell you when I left. I had a directional mine rigged to that door. If anyone had tried to open it, they'd have a hundred new holes in 'em."

User Image

"ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?! WHAT IF I WOULD HAVE GONE IN THERE?! OR ONE OF THE MAIDS?! OR ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS?!"

She flopped over the table and homer-simpson strangled him.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT WITHOUT TELLING ME!?!?!?"

Oh yes. It seemed things were going to be back to normal after all.

Lavish Lover

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ȶhe scars of your ღloveღ
        ȶ
        hey leave me breathless
        I can't help
        ȶhinking,
        We could have had it
        αll...

It appeared as though Lexi still had the touch. Still able to keep the customers satisfied and if necessary, read their minds as to what they might ask for next. With a pleased smile, Lexi decided to let the two friends reunite without her hovering over them. If they needed anything they were sure to flag her down. Stepping back over towards the hooded figure, whom she now found out was named Le'kron, she gave a smile to his short little answer.

"A trip of self discovery, eh?" her lips quirked up a tad more at the corners. It was a common answer, though many said it in a different way. The Rose was a resting place, a place to get away from it all and hopefully perhaps those people could find who they truly were and what they desired in life. Love, booze, fights, it was all here. Heartache as well. Most of which followed Lexi like a plague. A petite hand picked up a cloth and wiped down part of the bar, just to give herself something to do rather than pick up a drink.

"Well I'm sure that you will find what calls out to you most. And, if you feel so inclined, stay here as long as you like. Me and Nikolai could really use the company. It's been pretty damn quiet in the Rose." Lexi gave an embarrassed laugh of sorts. It was true, the bar and inn had been pretty much abandoned until recently. She hadn't seen this many customers in it since... well... probably a year or so by now. It was a nice change of pace. Not to mention the air seemed to be light and the two friends now seemed to be in a silly fight of sorts, one person choking the other... Ah well, same ol' same ol' stuff.

[[@Viice -- That was quite an amusing picture in my head when I read your post. x3 ]]

ConnactTheWolf

Combative Soldier

16,075 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
A nightmare...
brought to life..

Mischievous Evil

Mischievous had looked at the place he smiled at it and said. "Ahh the golden rose sounds very nice for a place." He had just come through the little place there and made a lot of money off the people him being somewhat of a con man. That and he made a lot of money with out anyone knowing. He quietly opened the door. His appearance was all dress clothing from top to bottom he also had a black suit vest on a top hat and black leather gloves. You could from these gloves he had a cane in his grip and from his face appearance he had the look of someone in his 20's. To go more in he had crimson eyes,tan skin,Somewhat of short messy hair and when he grinned he had pointy teeth instead of the normal kind. He then slowly walked in he looked around and said to himself. "Looks fine to me." He then moved into the bar area and slowly walked to the counter he had money and a lot of it to spend also who ever ran this bar was lucky he was in a good mood. Which meant he spent over what he was supposed to.

Well that was because he had hit the jackpot here it didn't matter he didn't need the money he just liked doing what he did. Now it was time to think up his fake name if he was asked he would give. He never gave his real name it was quite common with him to give a fake name he loved to do so. Now maybe he would be able to get something good today he did have a lot of money and now he was thinking about what he should get.

And now...
its time for his fun...

(I bringing in one of my new characters i have been using in a few places)
More like re-evaluating my goals in life I suppose, I have a... complicated past, one that has left my perspectives a little bit skewed.

Not wanting to spend hours going into explaining everything, and with the presence of some who seem to hunt down possible threats in the vicinity, Le'kron thought it best to keep his story a little heavier on the side of ambiguity.

Since someone I had believed an enemy gave their life for mine, I find myself stuck between my past and what I am afraid is still an eventual future...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff