Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rules #9 and #10 have been changed. Please review them for your protection.

Yes ma'am! 0.60869565217391 60.9% [ 14 ]
Pollwhore 0.39130434782609 39.1% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]
< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 57 58 59 > >>

Zeklomontu glanced over at the door when the woman walked in, taking a quick, cautious observation of her before looking back at the singing woman. When she had stopped singing and acknowledged him, he thought for a moment and smiled politely. "A glass of ice water would do be nice, thank you." His voice was quite smooth and polite sounding, yet with an almost sinisterness behind it. As he watched the reunion of the two ladies, he politely waited since he was in no hurry. He looked over at the stairs when a man walked down and, as he does with every stranger, quickly and cautiously observed him. He didn't want to be caught off guard, though he wasn't sure if that would even help most people against him. Still, one had to take certain precautions with such a high importance of survival.

Lotaras Lothanius's Other Half

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
Laughter once more bubbled out of her at the man's comments. If he liked to see Kimiko on a girl, he obviously hadn't been around long. Otherwise, he would have been use to it by now. Her friend was known for launching herself at Lexi when they went too long without seeing one another. It was something she had come to expect, though it did catch her off guard sometimes.

The sight of her friends newest ink had her starry eyes narrowing slightly. It, just like all the others, suited the girl. Smiling, she lifted her eyes to Kimiko and nodded her head approvingly. Her bright gaze danced with amusement as she watched her friend.

"It's nice. Very you." She replied. Catching the antics between her and the man that had appeared from downstairs, she snickered softly. It was as if she had never left. Delighted by this, she drank from her bottle again before shifting her gaze to both men in the room. The newcomer gave her an odd feeling, as if there was something beneath the facade. The other man, however, seemed to belong to the Black Rose. From his perfect hair, to his pressed clothes, to the smooth tone of his voice just suited well with the tavern. It made her giggle softly before returning her focus to her friend.

Lotaras Lothanius's Other Half

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
((Crap, I have to bounce. Work calls, lol. Sorry, Neme, let's just say she passed out or something. Be back in a few hours!))

Friendly Dabbler

You're No Jesus Christ

Put the gun in my mouth and pull the triggerUser Image
Put the gun in my mouth, it tastes so bitter

Ƙɨmɨƙo

Finally she slid off the counter and cracked her fingers. Then, she went about making the glass of ice water. That felt a little lame to make, but at least it was something to do. She slid it over to him. "There ya go. You got a name?" She asked as she picked her cigarettes up off the counter and promptly lit one before tossing the pack back to the counter.

((OOC:: ...Distracted.))

...I feel so alive here...

I feel so alive here
I feel so alive here
Zeklomontu took the water and smiled politely at the woman. He took a small drink, enjoying the cold water, though it did no real purpose to him. "Thank you very much. I am Zeklomontu. What's your name?" He watched as she lit a cigarette and took another drink.

Friendly Dabbler

You're No Jesus Christ

Ƙɨmɨƙo

"Good to meet ya, Zeklomontu, I'm Kimiko." She said as she reached a hand out to him, using the other to pull her cigarette from her lips. When she was done speaking, she exhaled toward the ceiling. "So when ya from?" She couldn't wait for a reaction to that. Everyone always thought she meant where, not when, or got the most confused looks on their faces. Then she got to go little miss smarty pants physicist on them.

I feel so alive here
I feel so alive here
He firmly shook her hand and nodded. He always enjoyed hand shakes, and not for the reason most people did. It was a very basic way to determine someone's strength. Quite inaccurate of course, but it was definitely a start. "It is a pleasure to meet you Kimiko." He took another drink of water and smiled at the question. "Everywhere." It was true, of course. With how long he had been around, he had been everywhere long enough that most would consider it as a home. And with his line of work, visiting the most odd of places was not unusual to him at all. There was a problem that needed a solution in some place, no matter how isolated.

Friendly Dabbler

You're No Jesus Christ

Ƙɨmɨƙo

Obviously, due to the great big USMC globe on her chest at the moment, her handshake was a good firm one. Damn near comparable to a man's. Damn near, not all the way. Despite her efforts, she is a girl, tomboy as she is. "Everywhere, yeah? Well if we're playing that game, I guess, being in this place, I'm from everywhere and everywhen all at once." She laughed as she pulled her hand away from his. Popping up onto her stool, she took another drag off the cigarette and exhaled toward the ceiling again, out of courtesy.

I feel so alive here
I feel so alive here
He smiled when he felt her handshake and let his hand fall to his side after it was over. It was a good handshake for a woman, and a human, he was impressed, if only slightly. He raised an eyebrow at her response, taking an understanding of what this place really was and what that odd feeling was when he entered. "I can't say that it's much of a game, but that is quite interesting. And if we want to be technical about it, I could say the same thing considering I am also in here, now couldn't I?" He couldn't help but chuckle, these kinds of conservations were one of the main reasons he even bothered talking to anyone in the first place. They definitely made life more interesting.

Friendly Dabbler

You're No Jesus Christ

Ƙɨmɨƙo

"Haha, yeah? But you don't count, you see, you're a guest, and I was raised here. Sort of... You see... People assume that time is a straight progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a nonlinear, non-subjective view point, it's a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff." Yeah, she started out well... then sort of lost her thought toward the end. Maybe she'd been watching too much Doctor Who lately. "At any rate, while I lived here, I lived in my home time too. I could walk right out that door everyday and continue with my life in my home time the way I should have, but still call this my home."

I feel so alive here
I feel so alive here
Zeklomontu nodded and feigned interest politely, this was nothing new to him. After all, he had been everywhere. Places where time is meaningless are rare indeed, but after a while, they are found. And he has had a long while to find them. "That's understandable. But I couldn't say that this isn't the first place like this I've been to. Like I said, I've been everywhere. These places can be found when you go everywhere. But it is still quite rare and fascinating to be able to meet people from any time period." He finished off the glass of water and set the empty glass down on the counter.

Friendly Dabbler

You're No Jesus Christ

Ƙɨmɨƙo

She laughed as she put her cigarette out, then reached over and stole passed-out Lexi's bottle of Jack and got a drink. "Haha, I like you... Been a while since I got someone I couldn't get a rise out of with that..." She put the bottle down on the counter and pulled her tin of tattoo-goo out of her pocket and started applying it to the ace of spades and bullet that took up half her forearm now. "So, what made ya pick my little slice of heaven eh?" She asked about the time he set the empty glass down, and it went about the process of refilling itself with the ice and water from the draft and ice bin. It wouldn't surprise her if it didn't surprise him to be around a telekinetic, though it was rare to find one that was totally human.

I feel so alive here
I feel so alive here

8,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
Orpheus Noir, former first chair trombone in the Durem Orchestra, now a jazz musician, was still face planted on the wooden table of the first bar he stumbled into.
Fuuuuu... just two beers did this to me?
Cracks of bright lights seep through squinted eyes. The irises shrank in pain. It was like experiencing the unholy child of a migraine and spontaneous combustion. The musician's head was pulsating. Each heart beat was a bass drum and a timpani clashing together in his skull, sending vibrations down his body. Somewhere in the distance there were voices talking with only one familiar. Since no one threw Orpheus out there would be no problem in him staying just as he was now. One of those wingtip shoes wiggled subtly, quietly, searching for the trombone case. The soft thud of leather meeting hard plastic with synthetic waterproof fabric was the only music to his ears. Soon the sweet black veil of sleep would overcome him and cradle his head through this hangover.
Zeklomontu chuckled a bit and smiled. "Well, I've heard far more stranger. Just my very existence is quite an odd story. And I am known to be very calm in almost every situation. It allows for clearer thinking, a mistake in my work can be quite... deadly." He watched as his empty glass was being filled again on its own and looked at Kimiko, nodding a bit in understanding. She was turning out to be quite fascinating. He might actually consider sticking around this place for a while, at least until someone who needed his services found him. They always figured a way. "I was just wandering around a mountain, looking for any interesting people or people who might need a problem solved and was willing to pay to have it solved permanently. I just happened to find this place and decided to see what it was. I am quite a curious person, really."

Friendly Dabbler

You're No Jesus Christ

Ƙɨmɨƙo

She listened as he spoke, getting another drink straight out of the bottle. After all, it was Lexi's, and sure, she'd leave her some, but it wouldn't be the first time they've shared drinks straight from the bottle. The guy from last night seemed to stir a bit, and she lifted a brow in reaction to see if he was going to actually wake or not. When he stayed the way he was, she turned her attention back to Zeklomontu. By the gods, that was a mouth full. She wondered if she'd be able to get away with just calling him Zek. "Oh, what sort of problems?"

I feel so alive here
I feel so alive here

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out