Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Scamp

shadow_dreamer

Tenkai blinked at Dreamer in confusion. She seemed to be acting normally...or at least as normal as he could expect someone like her to act in spite of what was happening to her right before his eyes. She had pretended like he hadn't even said anything, content to simply light a fire for her company in spite of something that seemed clearly wrong. Tenkai couldn't even find the words without sounding redundant. How many times could he ask her what was wrong if she was simply going to act like nothing was wrong at all?

"Night terrors?" he repeated, once Dreamer had finally divulged what was troubling her. She looked like she was having some sort of a nightmare, but nightmares didn't normally leave such lasting physical marks on the body. Not unless there was something terribly wrong with those nightmares. Such effects were usually the work of some sort of malignant spirit. The thought had made him a bit apprehensive once she started summoning a shadow servant to tend to the fire, but he figured that was simply another one of Dreamer's powers. Nothing to worry about...right?

"Yes, I did come to visit you," he said, noticing the veins as they continued to wrap around her face. "I hadn't seen you in a while and wanted to see what you were up to."

He decided to play along, abandoning his desperate line of questioning with hopes that he would find his own way to get straight answers out of her. As he conversed with her on her terms, he let his mind detach and flow freely, removing the fixation he had on the strange ruby color of her eyes and those blackened veins so that he could attempt to truly sense what was wrong with her. If there was any sort of aura or dark presence given off by whatever malignance that took hold of her, he would find it.

Demonic Waffles

Tenkai Matsumoto

Dreamer grinned, "How sweet of you."

The shadow that lingered behind the bar brought a tray with two cups of water, and fresh packets of tea. Seems Kat left the place at least stocked.

"Hm, yes, night terrors." She continued to say it more casually as if it were nothing. When she looked at him once again, the veins around her face started to fade, although her eye color stayed. She wasn't Dreamer, not even close. "Someone is after me, nothing new." She whispered as she sat down, gesturing him to sit.

"And you, Tenkai? What have you been doing? What possessed you to finally think about coming to see me?" A brow rose.

Lonely Scamp

shadow_dreamer

Although the black veins in her face had started to fade away, Tenkai wasn't going to let himself be fooled. Her eyes had not gone back to normal, and it was becoming clearer by the minute that something was not right with Dreamer. She was not herself, but who she was right now was a complete mystery to him. Bet it some sort of possession or a darker side of Dreamer he hadn't seen before, the specifics didn't matter as much to Tenkai as the fact that he real Dreamer was probably in trouble. There had to be a way to figure this out further and bring the truth to light, but whichever way that was, odds were likely Tenkai would still need to play his cards carefully in order to do it.

Tenkai played along, graciously accepting the offered tea before sitting. He took the cup of hot water and packet of tea himself for him to brew personally. At least with the tea still in the packet and the water appearing clear enough, the likelihood of him being poisoned was slim. He would have trusted Dreamer, but this was not Dreamer. Still, he made sure his movements were subtle, casually rubbing his thumb over the packet just to make sure there wasn't any suspicious residue before putting it in the water.

"I've been traveling, as usual," he said. "Though I usually find myself back in the same cities more often than not. Some places are much more in need of aid than others. It's rare that I get the time to visit a friend, and I haven't seen you in a while. I thought I would see how your inn was faring."

Tenkai took a sip of his tea and set it down. "You say someone is after you? Who? Why?"

Was this a lie, or an audacious slip of the truth? If Dreamer really did have someone after her, who was to say that someone hadn't already gotten to her? There had to be a way for him to identify the situation, but he knew he couldn't get close enough to do that.

Lonely Scamp

(( Maow. ): ))

Lonely Scamp

(( We'll just assume Tenkai was fooled into believing everything was fine and had to depart for other parts of Commerce.

I'm sorry. ))

Demonic Waffles

Lord Arrion

"Seriously, you're gonna get drunk here?" The blonde coiled her hair around her finger, chewing her gum all the same. Red eyes were judging as she looked over at the demon who had been sitting at the bar taking shots for the past hour.

"Yup."

"But why?" Kat couldn't wrap her head around it in the first place. The bar was actually doing some business tonight, couple out of towners, the usual scary ones that obviously did business in a different way.

"Mmn, because it's been a while and I think some s**t is going down at the Halo that I have no control over anyways." She rolled her eyes. "I assume family affairs are handled elsewhere." She took yet another shot and smirked. "Guess I wouldn't want to be in the middle of that anyways. But he's been acting strange ever since he came out of a coma."

Kat leaned against the bar, "Man your life sounds so much more complicated. You want another?" The blonde actually poured her another. At this point she could see the blush lightly dusting Dreamer's cheeks.

Katarjena's Waifu

shadow_dreamer

Katarjena's Waifu

shadow_dreamer

Katarjena's Waifu

shadow_dreamer

Katarjena's Waifu

shadow_dreamer

Katarjena's Waifu

shadow_dreamer

Quick Reply

Submit