Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Waffles

"Sure thing." Kat nodded at him, clearly he had another agenda. Dreamer wasn't going to be fixed easily unfortunately, she was as broken as they came. Kat smiled at him appreciatively though even if she gave Dreamer a shot, it wouldn't help. Though she understood and did as requested, maybe food was a better choice for now. After all she hadn't really eaten.

The demon ran her gloved hand along her hair, between her horns. Smoke wafted up into her nose as the cig hung loosely between her lips. Things were going to fall apart again, they were doing so rather quickly. Sometimes she wondered why she didn't end it all, but the words of Melech rang in her head. Something about how her soul was going to be forever his if she died. That wasn't much of an option for her. Absentmindedly she looked at her other gloved hand, why were these on anyways? The demon pulled both of them off and tossed them to the side.

She had turned her head so quickly she had forgotten Sani was even in the room, until he spoke.

"Not really." A cold response shot out from her, "Why, you got something interesting I should be paying attention to." Dreamer slowly looked to the side of her and grinned. She leaned back and placed her arms on the back of the couch, crossing her legs.

"Dreamer." Kat hissed like a mother would to a child to behave.

"I mean..no." Just an obedient child would, Dreamer nodded her head and took the cig out to crush it in the ashtray. Might as well make light talk with the guy, "You're rather oddly dressed, where did you come from?"

Malevolent Muse

shadow_dreamer

"Thank you," he responded warmly to the owner. Some form of hot liquid sounded really nice right now. Before the woman could walk away, Sanyi turned to her, a glimmer of mirth in those amber eyes. "Would you mind if I got your name? I don't believe I know it." Names formed identities, and it'd be a shame if he left part of someone's identity outside his realm of understanding.

His attention, however, quickly shot back to Dreamer as she spoke. Icy words from an unhappy woman. Sanyi nearly chuckled at her response, glancing to the side for a moment as if to look around. "I suppose it would depend on what you think is interesting." His gaze returned to her, and he offered another smile. Was that supposed to have been arrogance or spunk?

He paid little heed to the owner's intervention, waving the topic away dismissively. Sanyi was never one to care for masking people's personality with social conventions and mannerisms. The two seemed like close friends, though, and Sanyi was grateful at the idea - friendships were always important, and Dreamer probably needed them right now.

At Dreamer's second question, Sanyi had to withhold a grin. "I'd say Heaven, but that was a long time ago." For a moment, he spared a glance down at his wardrobe as if not realizing exactly what he was wearing. "I like my clothes," he responded bluntly, almost teasingly childishly, as he looked to Dreamer again. Conventionality be damned. But back to the topic at hand. "I guess I'm on the other side these days, but the lines are ambiguous." Old habits died hard. He had never really asked for any of this - but when did people ever really ask for the things they got?

Demonic Waffles

"Oh, ah." The ruby eyed woman glanced back at Sanyi, a small blush appeared on her face. "How rude of me, I must just be off tonight." She scratched the side of her cheek, "My name is Kitty Wicked, or Kat, whichever you prefer." The blonde left it at that before turning away and bouncing off to the kitchen to fetch him some tea. Though instead of giving him a specific type, she decided to choose a couple different packets, just to be sure. It was better hospitality then just one, she wanted to at least show him what she had available.

"Heaven?" First there was a hell, now there was a heaven? I mean everyone had their perceptions. Dreamer did not recall her own memories, but she had met plenty of others that were from either. Though she did know, at this point in her life, that Kalare was from Hell. With the Abyss being around she assumed Hell could be various places, just depended on the perception of personal hell.

"Mm, sorry if it sounded offensive." Dreamer's eyes lingered to the doorway, "I just get plenty of strange things wandering in here from time to time. The last chick was in heels, in the mountains, you see where I'm going with this?" A brow rose and she grinned a little at him.

"Well, Gaia is an ambiguous place." She attempted to hint at her horns and tail, or even Kat's eyes and teeth. "I would say we have a variety."

Kat came wandering back in with a tray, on it was a small personal iron kettle, a Japanese tea cup, and a small assortment of tea on a plate. "Just thought choices were better." The vampire smiled at him before setting it in front of him. "So, couldn't help but over hear heaven. Are you...really from there? I mean, such a thing exists?"

Malevolent Muse

shadow_dreamer

He watched the owner attentively as she seemed to fumble. "There's no need to feel embarrassed," he spoke warmly, a smile crossing his face. His request wasn't terribly typical. Most people ignored the identities of the service. Kitty Wicked. Two completely separate, already existing words. Interesting name. "It's nice to meet you, Kat." Kat seemed to be the preferred shortened version of the longer name, so he'd go with that unless she protested.

Having turned back to Dreamer as Kat disappeared to the kitchen, Sanyi seemed to listen intently as black and white haired woman spoke. "I'm hard to offend," he reassured cheerfully. But that was the only interruption he'd offer. He almost furrowed his brow as she finished. It seemed she had missed his implications. He hadn't meant Gaia when he mentioned ambiguity, but Dreamer could think what she wanted. The effort of correcting people over miscellaneous points was effort he never felt like giving. In the end, it didn't matter what world perception everyone had. "People can be strange," Sanyi nodded in agreement. A woman wearing heels in the mountains sounded rather painful. Poor woman. "But strangeness never really matters too much in the face of happiness," he mused, momentarily lost in thought. He gave a smile. "Nothing else really matters as long as people can be happy, don't you agree?" That smile seemed to falter for a moment, replaced by a nondescript kind of sorrow. "If only it weren't so difficult." The rumination was incredibly transient and, within a split-second, seemed to be gone again, a compassionate smile back on his lips.

His attention was temporarily stolen by the tray put in front of him. What a pretty tea set, and how courteous of her to provide several types of tea. Sanyi did rather enjoy choices. "Thank you again," he murmured, glancing in her direction in acknowledgement. He had meant to only briefly address her, but her next comment made him give pause at the idea. Sanyi turned to face Kat, a hint of amusement on his lips. What a strange question. His hands moved to unwrap a packet of hibiscus tea, something that had a certain degree of nostalgic value to him. "I sure hope so, or else I don't know where I fell from."

Demonic Waffles

DevilsAssistant

Dreamer was clearly perplexed by the man's calmness, normally they might have already been in her face.

His last question made her think for a moment, her eyes almost seemed glazed over while she attempted to find him an answer. Her tongue rushed out and grabbed her lips in, she frowned. Finally her silver eyes leaned up to him, "Harsh of me to say, I don't believe in happiness anymore." her eyes wandered down to the fabric of the couch. "I don't know if I used to believe there was such a thing. But now, I know there isn't. Happiness is just a word." Dreamer's shoulders shrugged. Seemed he had somewhat of the same feeling though to him it must have still existed. He seemed off after he asked her though, speaking about the difficulties of obtaining such a feeling. A small smirk appeared on her lips, "Then again, I don't believe in love either. Fluffy words like love and happiness are just words to give people hope."

After Kat had wandered in Dreamer seemed to stop, she played withe the small follicles of couch lint.

His answer seemed to puzzle her, "I've known many heaven's to exist in this place. Many kingdoms, demons, angels, all the above. Can't say I believe they govern over this place very well." She laughed a little, sliding herself in front of him. "Why would you be down here anyways? You said 'a long time ago' like you haven't gone back up in a while."

"Maybe he plays for the other team now and he just looks like an angel." Dreamer smirked at him.

Malevolent Muse

shadow_dreamer
Dreamer was clearly perplexed by the man's calmness, normally they might have already been in her face.

His last question made her think for a moment, her eyes almost seemed glazed over while she attempted to find him an answer. Her tongue rushed out and grabbed her lips in, she frowned. Finally her silver eyes leaned up to him, "Harsh of me to say, I don't believe in happiness anymore." her eyes wandered down to the fabric of the couch. "I don't know if I used to believe there was such a thing. But now, I know there isn't. Happiness is just a word." Dreamer's shoulders shrugged. Seemed he had somewhat of the same feeling though to him it must have still existed. He seemed off after he asked her though, speaking about the difficulties of obtaining such a feeling. A small smirk appeared on her lips, "Then again, I don't believe in love either. Fluffy words like love and happiness are just words to give people hope."

After Kat had wandered in Dreamer seemed to stop, she played withe the small follicles of couch lint.

His answer seemed to puzzle her, "I've known many heaven's to exist in this place. Many kingdoms, demons, angels, all the above. Can't say I believe they govern over this place very well." She laughed a little, sliding herself in front of him. "Why would you be down here anyways? You said 'a long time ago' like you haven't gone back up in a while."

"Maybe he plays for the other team now and he just looks like an angel." Dreamer smirked at him.

Sanyi almost had to hide his amusement. Dreamer seemed confused. What possibly could she be confused about?

The moment passed quickly, and her next few thoughts actually caused him to frown. Didn't believe in happiness? Didn't believe in hope? Well now this was just silly. Somewhere in her monologue, his frown had returned to a smile, which just hinted at his amusement, as he took the small iron tea kettle and poured the hot water into the teacup. "It's hard for me to believe you could be so angry about something if you didn't believe in happiness. Having strong feelings suggest you still want something." Sanyi shrugged his shoulders at the idea, as if willing to dismiss the topic.

He just wanted people to be happy. He didn't care too much if they believed in happiness, though he supposed that the belief was necessary for the feeling.

Usually deep-rooted beliefs couldn't easily be turned over. Perhaps he'd revisit this idea later when he had more concrete ideas of where the roots laid.

The conversation seemed to shift without his facilitation when Kat reentered the room, and her comment made Sanyi openly laugh. "Heaven doesn't govern. Heaven..." He paused for a moment, as if looking for the right word. "...oversees." That wasn't really the right word either. Sure, someone - or something - saw things, but who did the seeing, when and where the seeing happened, and what happened to the information collected from seeing were all rather ambiguous processes. Heaven oversaw abstractly.

He quirked an eyebrow when Kat continued to ask why he was down here - and especially when Dreamer piped in about playing for the other side. He thought he had been over this already. Perhaps they just missed it. "Are you so sure there are sides?" he asked nonchalantly, dipping the tea bag into the hot water in the tea cup and watching the water just begin to change color. "It's actually been difficult for me to differentiate. Maybe there are no sides, and they're all just playing one big collaborative game." He tilted his head as if in thought. "Or maybe there are many sides who just don't really do anything at all." Well that just sounded depressing.

His attention returned to his tea momentarily as he gave the tea bag a gentle swirl in the cup. "Why would you think I'm an angel? I don't know where you'd get that assumption." He made his surprise apparent in his voice and facial expression. Sanyi certainly did like to think he didn't give himself away so obviously - and if he did, he genuinely wanted to hear it so he could correct it next time. God knows what would happen when something about him just screamed to the world that he was an angel when all he wanted was a cup of tea.

Demonic Waffles

Tenkai Matsumoto

((I guess we'll see how far we get. XD ))

Physically someone looking at her could tell she was a little cold. The brisk, cool air from outside washed through the almost darkened establishment. The only sounds heard through out the Underworld was the simple humming of machines cooling food and drinks. Kat might have been staying at the Halo as of late, but she eventually came 'home.' She gave up trying to keep the old shack running for now, maybe when she had more patience it would become more. As of late the tavern had become a little dusty, un-kept, and cold.

Dreamer had stopped by to grab some things from her room but managed to get distracted with a book and some tea. After a couple hours her eyes felt the nagging to close and eventually she had given in to sleep. The demon's hand lay limply over the couch with the pages of the book swaying in the breeze. Every so often her tail would twitch and her horns rubbed against the pillow. Since winter had started she bundled herself up more. A long sleeved gray shirt hugged her athetic figure, black skinny jeans wrapped around her legs. Normally she had boots and gloves, but they had been tossed aside, leaving her with nothing but socks. Long locks of midnight hair did as her book did, as they looked like a waterfall over the couch.

Her 'dream' had ensnared her as they always did, trapping her in their own reality. Recently her visions reflected her current problems, but with more amplification.

Both of her katanas lay just under her wrist with the book, always, just in case.

Lonely Scamp

shadow_dreamer

Tenkai didn't get many opportunities to revisit places he had been to before with how much he had traveled. He usually preferred to find new experiences as much as he could, but there were times when all he wanted to do was go back to familiar places and see familiar faces. There hadn't been many bar owners he had that sort of relationship with, but Dreamer was closest to that as possible. That was why he found himself entering the Underworld once more.

The monk wandered into the mostly empty establishment, dressed as he always was when he was out traveling. His usual black and blue monk's robe covered over his form loosely enough that not much could really be seen of his physique, which is usually how Tenkai preferred it. A large beaded rosary necklace hung from his neck, and a long, stick-shaped item wrapped in gray cloth hung from a strap that he slung over his left shoulder. His footwear padded lightly against the floorboards as he walked in, figuring that anyone who might have been staying within the Inn would be asleep at this hour.

As he stepped in, he did feel a slight chill running through the room. A draft, perhaps. Did someone leave a window open? In this weather? Perhaps it wasn't as bothersome to others, but Tenkai was still only human. Still, it was not his place to try and shut any windows. The last thing he needed was for someone to look at him doing it and thinking he was a burglar that had just broken in.

Tenkai found Dreamer asleep on a couch in the middle of the bar. She looked a little cold from the breeze, but otherwise she was fast asleep. Tenkai had thought about getting her something to keep her warm, but she kept those swords nearby her as she slept, and he didn't want to risk her waking up to him trying to help her and unknowingly incur her wrath. For that matter, Tenkai wasn't exactly sure where the blankets were to begin with, so he didn't have anything to cover her with even if it was safe to. The only thing he had close to that was his robe, and that was probably the last thing Dreamer wanted to wake up to seeing, even if Tenkai was fully clothed under them.

So Tenkai did the only thing he could think of. He pulled up a chair opposite the couch and sat in it. After all, the chairs were there for visitors to sit in, weren't they? It wouldn't be wise to rouse Dreamer from her sleep or startle her after all. Not that it wouldn't be strange enough to wake up to the sight of him sitting in the opposite chair, but Tenkai didn't always think things through unless they were of dire importance.

Demonic Waffles

Tenkai Matsumoto

Every so often her tail would twitch, or her lip would quiver as if she were deep within her nightmare. Fingers moved every so often like she was in motion.

"I'M DONE PLAYING YOUR GAMES!" She screamed at him while she tossed the near by vase to the ground. Her usual demonic self had been replaced with a more restored woman. No scars, her sunkissed skin was soft and untouched. The horns and tail she usually had were replaced with nothing but her long midnight locks. She looked nothing like the demon sleeping on the couch. Feeling the water rush up against her bare feet she moved back some.

"Your temper is quite arrousing, I could see why any man who knows how to fight would be enticed by such fire." He grinned at her, folding his arms and watching her as if she were a child.

"I'm not getting his soul for you! I will -never- be yours!" Dreamer marched towards the largest shard of glass. In this world there were no powers, no katanas for her to slice him up. He ruled here, and she was nothing more then an ornament. The demoness picked up the shard.

At first her hand winced, while she was only dreaming, the sense of physically pain from the sharp edge was felt. Her breath quickened suddenly, around her face her veins began to darken, making them much more visible to Tenkai. They began to fade into a black color, taking up 3/4 of her face and slowly making their way down her neck.

Lonely Scamp

shadow_dreamer

For a while everything seemed fine. Tenkai had gotten quite comfortable in his chair, seemingly content to wait until Dreamer woke up. Unfortunately, nothing ever really worked out the way he expected them to, and as he heard Dreamer's breath start to quicken, the monk couldn't help but investigate.

As he looked closer, he could see the darkened veins forming around her face and moving down towards the rest of her body. Tenkai couldn't begin to say what it was, but it looked neither normal nor benign. He immediately forgot about his original apprehension with attempting to wake Dreamer up and rushed over to the couch.

"What is this?" he asked aloud as he inspected Dreamer, still trapper in her nightmare. He took her by the shoulders in an attempt to rouse her from her sleep, for whatever good that might do her. "Dreamer, wake up! Something's wrong!"

Demonic Waffles

Tenkai Matsumoto

She ran at him, lifting the shard and stabbing it in to his shoulder. She didn't stop at just one, she only continued to jab into him. Tears filled her eyes as she watched blood rush from him. She hated him, she wanted this to be over, she knew it wasn't going to be. He liked playing this tormenting game with her, twisting her emotions. He stood there looking down at her until he had enough. His hand reached out, grasping her around the neck, lifting her away from him.

"Well, this won't do."

The veins began spreading along her neck while he shook her. At first she was completely limp while he shook her. Eventually her eyes attempted to open, but rolled back. Her breath began slowing down until it was so faint it was hard to tell if she was still breathing.

"Hm? What's this? We have company?"

It was so sudden, she snapped back to reality, although her eye color was a little unusual. Her usual bright gray eyes had been covered with a more ruby flavor. She quickly went for one of the katanas without thinking. Half was through her decision she noticed the man that had been trying to shake her awake. For a second she looked confused about him, but then she started to grin.

"I've seen you."

Lonely Scamp

shadow_dreamer

Tenkai started to worry as Dreamer's breathing became worse. Her eyes had begun to roll back, and that was never a good sign. It looked like she was choking, but what could she have been choking on? No, that wasn't it. It looked like someone was choking her. But who? There wasn't anyone around.

"Dreamer? Speak to me!" he called to her, attempting to reach whatever part of her that was still conscious. "You have to breathe!"

It had gotten to the point where he almost felt like he would need to resuscitate her, but she snapped back into the waking world before Tenkai could even attempt to do so. And he was damned fortunate that he didn't try, since she headed for her sword as soon as she woke up. The monk immediately backed off, giving her space as she reached for her weapon in case she decided to instinctively lash out. Hopefully that would be enough time for her to recognize him, for what little that might do.

And yet something was still wrong.

"Seen me?" Tenkai replied in confusion. "What do you mean you've seen me?"

Something was wrong with Dreamer. Some people might miss the subtleties of changes in eye color, but for a swordman like Tenkai, the subtle details of the body were the ones he picked up on the most. These were not Dreamer's eyes, not the ones he remembered. Not only that, but there was something about that grin on her face that wasn't sitting well with him, at least for the moment. Either she was happy to see him for some reason, or this was yet another foreboding sign of something gone terribly wrong.

"Are you alright?"

Demonic Waffles

Tenkai Matsumoto

The veins were still around her skin, her malicious grin only grew a little wider with his confusion. "I'm dandy, yourself, Tenkai? I figured that's who you are, the monk, right?"

Dreamer sat up, swinging her legs over the couch, she looked around at the tea, the books and the katanas. Then she looked around the room, "My, it's cold in here, I didn't even notice."

Not long after that she got up, wandering to some of the doors and windows to close them. Seems she hadn't disclosed some of her problems that plagued her as of late. This was her main one, and he wasn't going away so easily. Although, this was the first time he had seriously taken over. He wanted to be in control of her actions. Making sure she was the perfect puppet to harvest a certain Shadow Demon's soul.

She turned to him, "Say, what brings you here? Want some tea?"

Lonely Scamp

shadow_dreamer

Tenkai had to pause and think for a moment. Had Dreamer forgotten him that easily? Or perhaps she did not know him all that well to begin with? Something still didn't seem right, but at the very least it didn't look like she was about to threaten him or anything with those swords. The grin on her face didn't make Tenkai any more comfortable, but it was those dark veins that really troubled him.

"I'm fine," he said. It was a lie, but a rather good one at that. Technically he really was "fine", although he actually could have gone for some tea. Yet there was still something off about Dreamer that had gotten in the way of his thirst.

"I just came here to visit," he continued, playing along. "It's been a while since I last visited, and I was afraid that I might be disturbing you while you slept." Though frankly, he was glad he had disturbed her sleep if it managed to stop whatever was happening to her.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked. "What's happened to your face?"

Demonic Waffles

Tenkai Matsumoto

Dreamer ignored him for a moment, she only curtly smiled and wandered behind the counter. "Suppose while I'm here I should start a fire, ne?" She began working on the water for the tea. Absentmindedly she carried on business by grabbing a couple logs for the old fireplace. "This place needs an update, simply can't keep up with Gaia's ever growing needs." She sighed, almost depressed by the lack of commitment to this place.

"I pretty much grew up here, you know?" She turned her ruby eyes to look at him again, "Oh that? Nothing but some night terrors." She waved it off and started creating a fire for them. One of her hands shot back, a black mist lifted from the floor. It started forming a more humanoid shape while it rose. A pair of white slit eyes opened, its arms lifting to finish grabbing hot water. It was doing the bidding she wanted while she watched the fire grow.

"Came to visit? Traveling again, Tenkai?" Clearly she wasn't addressing the veins still wrapping themselves around her face.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff