Just give me gold. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28 29 30 > >>

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
Alura's skin chilled despite the dry heat blowing through the foyer and she bared her teeth in a snarl at the disturbing sensation the wind brought eoth it. Desperately grasping her papers she looked to G.R. with wide eyes and saw that he was fairing no better. As the heat ceased, she threw the papers on the couch and rushed to the desk. "What in the ni- what was that?!"

Eloquent Lunatic

"Hrm?" His neck cracked in the speed of his reactive gaze greeting Alura. "What was what?" He leaned against the desk, with gloved hands on eithe side of the ledger.

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
Alura's eyes met his gaze and narrowed. He wasn't going to budge on this. Muttering, she returned to her books and papers. "You should know better"

Eloquent Lunatic

"It.." Hesitation came to his tongue despite a history of trust of Alura. He drew in a deep breath and called forth the courage to remove the cage on his words. "It is a warning." His fingertips scraped at the finish of the desk, the gloves making the action a silent dragging. The muscles of the core of his body tensed. "It had the Seal of Revon."

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
Freezing mid-way through sorting papers, she slowly put them down and turned to face G.R. "We've dealt with...problems before. " Her face and demeanor turned cold, and her eyes held a silver glow. "Whatever kind of threat this is, they won't succeed. I won't lose the Inn again." Instantly, she seemed her normal self and went about her sorting once again.

Eloquent Lunatic

"Alura, you misunderstand." G.R. tugged his right glove off and gripped it tightly. With haste in his step, he rose his palm to her. The hand seemed regular in most ways, except for his thumb. The fingernail was blackened and longer than the rest,the edges curling slightly to a point as if it were a claw. The print of the thumb was blackened as if rubbed on charcoal and set aflame. "It's the seal of my family." The open hand slowly closed and dropped to the inn keepers' side with dead weight. His head hung as his eyes stared at.. no, beyond the floor as if to look at something much deeper. "Whatever is in that letter... It cannot be good news." His head shook side to side as the words quivered out of his throat.

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
Alura's expression softened as he explained. She had seen his hands before, and he knew it. She sighed lightly and hung her own head. "I'm sorry. I knew it was your family when I said it, G.R. We've had to fight for the Inn so many times." She looked up and seemed to focus on a distant point. "After finally coming back after so long, the thought of losing it...to anyone... I overreacted." Focusing back on G.R. she laughed. "At least I still have my fighting edge, yes?"

Timid Genius

Victoria let out a light sigh as she made her way down the stone path. She had lost track of how long she had actually been traveling, and her present outfit wouldn't seem as travel appropriate to the average person, but the to the Dhamphir? She didn't mind at all. The slacks accented the curves of her hips and her long legs quite nicely. Even the corset accented her upper body extremely well. The building she had been told would be there was now within sight and much larger than she had originally expected. With a light grin, Victoria ran her fingers through her wavy, waist length black locks, her blue-gray eyes glancing to the gargoyles as she climbed the ebony steps. "Charming..." She murmured as she crossed the wooden porch, the wood creaking beneath her heels. With a light push of the creaky iron doors, Victoria stepped inside, her eyes dancing around the foyer. "Hello?" She said lightly, her eyes falling a pair that seemed to be discussing something.

Eloquent Lunatic

As the door opened, G.R. slipped his glove back on with a hurried motion. A head popped through the opening crack and her curious eyes darted through the foyer. Clearing his throat to stabilize his throat, he greets the madam. "Welcome, madam, to the Flickering Candle Inn. May I help you?" The smile on his face became genuine as another potential employee enters the inn.

Timid Genius

Victoria's eyes quickly dart back to the gentleman as he spoke to her, her blue-gray eyes dancing with amusement. "Yes, are you the owner? We spoke not long ago. I'm here about a position or two..." She said lightly with a smile. "I was the one interested in the entertainer and/or bartender position. I even have experience in security as well. As I mentioned..." She said further, her fingers running through her long, wavy black locks again. "I'm Victoria...Victoria Ann Black." She said with a grin as she bowed her head politely.

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
Alura moved to the side of the desk and gave Victoria a smile. "It'll be nice to have another position filled. I'm Alura. It's nice to meet you."

Eloquent Lunatic

With a cheerful composition, G.R. gave Victoria a nod. "Indeed! As you requested, your room is reserved." He flips the ledger open to the right page, a slight scent of age and dust waft from the book as the pages flip. "For contractual reasons, and for protection, please sign your name here with a bit of your blood, please."

Timid Genius

Victoria moved her blue-gray gaze to the woman, her smile still tugging at her luscious red lips, a slight gleam of fangs visible. "The pleasure is all mine, Alura. I look forward to getting to know the area as well as the people in it." She murmured lightly with another respectful bow of her head. Returning her gaze to the owner, Victoria arched an eyebrow at the request. It wasn't the request of signing that she found odd, it was the in her own blood bit that had caught her attention. "Of course...I'm not signing my soul away or anything though am I?" She murmured with a light chuckle as she took the pen, pricking her finger to get enough of her blood to sign the book. The variety of smells, that of dust and age and blood, old and fresh, made her nose twitch ever so slightly. Once her name was signed on the line for room forty, she handed the owner back the pen. "I never got your name. Or which position or positions you would like me to fill. I did provide you with the information about my experiences in each areas already, yes?" She asked lightly, her head tilting to the side slightly.

Eloquent Lunatic

The page drinks in the charming madams signature. The inn keeper bowed his head forward, and gently pinched the rim of his hat. The slick grin kept to his lips "I am G.R., owner of the Flickering Candle Inn." Flipping the book closed, he continued. "I also assure you, you are not signing away your soul. That kind of trick is for devils with contracts."

The gloved hand of G.R. patted the cover of the ledger with fingers gently tapping at the gold symbol. "This, my dear Ms. Black, ensures your safety while at the inn."

Timid Genius

Victoria grinned, straightening her head so she was looking at her new boss directly. "G.R. Pleasure to officially meet your acquaintance." She said with a light bow of her head, a light chuckle escaping her lips. "I meant no offense by the question. I have ran into my fair share of devils with contracts, not that I signed any of course I'm much smarter than that, but I wanted to make sure is all. And please, call me Victoria. Formality is not necessary." She said with an innocent enough grin. There was obviously much more to this twenty year old than met the eye. "As to which position or positions I am filling, do you have a preference as to which one I fill or how many? I am more than happy and capable to fill more than one if you'd like me too." She said lightly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff