Sting a ?

Bee 0.255 25.5% [ 51 ]
Female 0.135 13.5% [ 27 ]
Male 0.115 11.5% [ 23 ]
Cat 0.105 10.5% [ 21 ]
You don't wnat to know >_> 0.39 39.0% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 200 ]
< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 191 192 193 > >> >>> »|

Turning the corner of the hall Amick made his way down the stairs. He kept his hands at his side and didn't move as if he were in a hurry. Suddenly fresh cold air swiped over him the moment his foot touched the bottom floor. Amick turned to watch his brother walk in dusting a few snow flakes off his shoulders. Emir made Amick wonder about him sometimes; why would he never warm his body up all the time that he went outside. Instead Emir would freeze rather then warm himself up. Nodding his head to his brothers happy greeting, Amick continued to walk into the kitchen.

The sound of soft giggling made him look around the room in suspicion. He then noticed the various junk foods on the floor leading to and around the thin legs of Sera. Amick stared at her feet for a moment before ignoring her and walking to the refrigerator. He pulled out a few left overs and placed them down on the counter. Noticing from her massive amount of giggling, she didn't really know he was in the room yet. Grinning slightly he reached for a plate and slammed it on the counter just enough to make a sound other then her giggling.

Acting as if he didn't know she was in the room he began to fix his plate. Then putting the food away and warming his food in his hands, he leaned on the counter looking out the side window. He wasn't sure if he loved or hated winter. It was his element but then again his opposing element at the same time. It was strange that his cold heart can not be warmed but his body could reach the temperature just as high as his brother. What am I? The thought slipped from his mind. He had forgotten that Sera was even in the room, or alive at that.
Sera had been completely oblivious to Amick's presence, as she lay on the kitchen floor, happily day-dreaming away about a possible life she might have had. Though the moment Amick allowed a thought to slip from his mind, Sera was immediately at attention. She didn't quickly sit up and look around, at the moment her movements were quite slow but nonetheless graceful. Looking at Amick with a gleam in her eyes, Sera nodded her head,
Exactly, she said with a slight laugh that echoed all around her, Such an enigma! You're as bad as me! Shaking her head, Sera referred to the fact that she couldn't gather much from his mind much like when she tries on herself. Nothing but a puzzle.

In one smooth and fluid movement, Sera was out from under the table and standing to one side of him.
You're certainly different from your brother... Her lips spread into a big smile as she tilted her head to one side and stared at Amick.
The usual warmth was working its way up and spreading across her lower back, a few flames running across her bare skin, like liquid defying gravity, over her arms and stomach. Sera lifted a hand to rub at her eye and then licked at her lips; she could still taste that sweet chocolate - no wonder seeing as she still had it around her mouth. Such a sickly sweet smile she had.
Emir hummed quietly to himself as he hurried by his brother; who looked as if he was heading towards the kitchen. Almost shivering to shake the rest of the snow off of him he smiled and cracked his neck. He had a lovely night out even though it was so cold. Running his fingers through his long bright red hair, he placed a hand on the living room door frame just to glance inside. Not seeing anyone he turned leaning his back on the wall still in the hall. Quickly looking at the front door and then towards the stairs he spotted something small at the window, slightly down the hall. He couldn't see her to well being at the bottom of the stairs and all. Slowly he made his way up just enough to see her full body.

He almost forgot that he gave the key to this woman in a rush, so he stared at her and watched her clean her knifes. When it hit him it really seemed like someone had thrown a stone at the side of his head. Emir slapped his palm on his forehead and began walking towards the tiny...Halfling as she walked down towards him.

"Um miss," he began to say with a small look of concern; not from for her but because he realized he had been very rude, "I'm sorry to have run out on you like that." Emir began to descend the stairs along her side really realizing how small she really was. "I can't even remember if I got your name or let alone told you mines. I wish to start over again if you like?" He finally said once they reached the bottom of the stairs. "I am Emir the owner and my brother is second owner, Amick. May I ask you your name?" He finished with almost the biggest smile in the world.
Amick seriously forgot that Sera was in the room and almost felt as alarmed as an animal sensing danger. He didn't show it as much, but the shifty movement of the blue in his eyes told the whole story. He looked down just to mach the glowing eyes of Sera. Her eyes were strange. He could recall them being of a different color when he saw her before. It almost reminded him of the way the blue in his eyes act, but they only changed from sliver to blue. Her eyes seemed as if it could represent anything. Her echoing laugh kept him from thinking about them for to long and he had yet to realize he was staring at them.

Once her voice carried on in his head he looked away; out the window again. As bad as you! Ha! He laughed and thought to himself completely forgetting that she seem to be able to read peoples minds. Amick was forced to look at her again, this time with a frown, from her all too sly movements. He did not trust someone so easily and she was already too close for comfort.

He could feel the warmth falling from her body and rolling across his own skin. It was strange to even him that he had reacted in the same way, yet white and blue flames curled about before vanishing just as quickly as they appeared. Narrowing his eyes in almost disgust, at himself and her, he couldn't help but think of her as a child. "I'm no greater mystery then you are. Do you even know your own name? At the moment you are a bigger anonymity then me." An almost evil grin crossed his face. He took a few steps away from her not enjoying the way his flames acted towards her inside of him. She was strange and the only who spent the most time around him other then his brother. That punk doesn't count. Distance, that is what Amick enjoyed.

6,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Vincent walked out of the bathroom with a towel in both hands, drying off his hair. Still, he was naked as he dried off his body. He clearly didn't have a shower in months, as his skin was now a much fairer colour versus before he entered the bathroom. He had shaved any stubble off of his face and it was now smooth.

He didn't bring any bags with him so his clothes that he was wearing the previous day were the only clothes he had. He was well built, but not large so he could fit into most clothes.

He did not bother to check the dresser as he wrapped the towel around his waist. He did not know where one was able to wash their clothes but he was intending to find out. He didn't want to waste the time washing himself only to have to put on clothes that would dirty him again.

He grabbed the clothes in his arms and walked out the door. After washing his clothes, perhaps he would see the hot springs. Maybe.
Sera was busy wiping away the chocolate about her mouth, her eyes wandering about the room as Amick looked at her in disgust and hatred. When she was done, she looked at him with her same silent smile and eyes with a peculiar shine. Though this smile of hers quickly dropped the moment Amick spoke out loud, and the shine of her eyes dulled, the irises now a murky grey.
Do you even know your own name?
The words echoed within her head, and she felt as though a large chasm had opened up inside her chest. Did she have a name? Where had she come from? There were those few memories, but were they even real? Who was she? Sera had been happier before just ignoring all this, she put all the questions to one side and carried on with herself, but the fact that he had brought all of this back to her attention made Sera feel cold.
... you are a bigger anonymity then me. The words ran through her head just as the others had and Sera's facial expression became blank, her murky eyes distant.

The flames upon her body had dispersed, and Sera felt as though their absence made the chasm greater. There were a million things she could have said to him, she could have done something, anything, but instead she just stood there, her eyes downcast in a distant daze.

Sera felt a slight anger arise, a stubborn and childish anger, the more she stood there with her eyes staring at the floor searchingly; as though trying to find an answer there. Her brow formed a knot as Sera frowned stubbornly and without a word she turned around and stormed out the back door. She marched down the garden and proceeded to sit in the snow, legs crossed, arms folded over her bare stomach and glaring at the trees ahead of her.
She could have fought back, she could have attacked him or destroyed something to vent this anger out, but she didn't, because the emptiness in her chest wouldn't allow it.

Dapper Hellraiser

9,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
She was delighted when he came down the stairs beside her - she meant to ask about room prices and so forth, because, as previously mentioned, it was a while she meant to be traveling, and her money wouldn't last forever.
But, with proper farm-bred manners, she waited until he was done speaking to reply, stopping when they reached the bottom of the stairs to make a little curtsy - not an incredibly elegant one, but polite and proper, with the right amount of respect. When she wasn't drunk, she could be perfectly polite, and usually was.
"Ainsley Smith - how'd you do?" You never, ever, said pleased to meet you - it had been drilled into her. You might met somebody you weren't pleased to meet after a while, and then where would you be? "And I see no problem in your manners, sirrah. I find them most pleasing - there is no crime in having an urgent task" Her voice had a pleasant country burr, and her mode of speech was ever-so-slightly antiquated; not so much that it really stood out, but enough sos you'd notice.

6,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Vincent went down the stairs and stood at the bottom, the towel that was around his waist continued to hang there. He had only just now realized that he was missing something, and that something was the knowledge of where one was able to wash their clothes.

He muttered to himself angrily before wandering down the hall that led towards the kitchen; Hoping that the laundry room might be somewhere in the vicinity of the kitchen.
The hot air that was floating from Sera disappeared so quickly Amick had to arch a brow towards her reaction. A slight chuckle escaped his lips as she quietly walked out of the kitchen. He must have hit a spot somewhere in her. Without thinking about her again he turned and began to eat his food. He looked up and watched Vincent walk through the door.

He suddenly lost his appetite. He sat his food down and began to clean his plate. He then began to clean the rest of the dirty plates left by everyone last night. He tired to ignore the male that had walked in half naked.

Amick looked over his shoulder and out the window watching Sera sit in the snow. Then looking away he finished washing and shook his wet hands dry. He turned off the water and began to head out of the kitchen towards the library tapping Sera's blade in his pocket again; just to make sure it was still there. Maybe she really don't know her name? He thought to himself.
A large smile formed on Emir’s face from the girls' kind answer. He relished a relived sigh and raised his arms at his side in pure happiness, "Well make yourself at home. I'm sure you-" he stopped to watch Vincent walk pass him with only a towel wrapped around his waist. Emir raised his hand towards Vincent but he walked by as if Emir and Ainsley were never there. He pressed his lips together to keep from laughing at him. Then looking back at Ainsley, "I'm sorry you had to see that." He laughed again, "Make yourself comfortable and stay as long as you like. After all it's free to live here. I will not kick you out unless you tried to kill me or something." He joked around.
Sera's breath fogged in front of her every time she huffed, she was breathing quite quickly, trying to calm herself down before anything got out of hand. The snow had melted where she sat, not because of the high body temperature she had, seeing as that had somewhat dulled, but mainly because she had been sitting there for a while and the snow naturally melted against her skin. She could feel it, biting into her, numbing her bare legs and soaking through her shorts; a bitter chill that rattled her breath.

Why did I ignore it? ... I mean I really don't know anything... Just waking up on some mountain, there must be an explanation... not to mention the fact that I had a lot of injuries. Most have healed by now though, but still... Did I do something? Get into a fight? Was I attacked? Why don't I remember anything?

It was frustrating, and Sera gritted her teeth in silent anger, unable to cry or scream out; yet another query, why wouldn't her voice work?
Her hands lifted, fingers combing through her long hair and pushing it away from her face as she tilted her head back. The throbbing pain had come back; Sera kept her hands pressed either side of her head, willing the dull pain to subside.
So what... So what if I don't know anything. I'm alive. Right? I can feel pain, so that means I'm alive. I'm sure whatever's missing from my head will come back to me. Amnesia.. That’s all. I'm calm...

Talking to oneself a lot probably wasn't a good sign, but Sera sat there in the snow of the back garden, weighing out pros and cons and laughing away all the bad issues. She was perfectly fine, what was there to worry?
I can't feel my legs anymore... That's a problem... Sera frowned and bit her lower lip, prodding at her cold numb legs with a dazed look.
[I'm at work so I may be a little slow]

Amick walked down the hall to avoid walking pass his brother. He shoved his hands in his pants and walked up the back stairs heading towards the library. He pushed the door open and looked at the books that he pulled out. It was only a few this time and all of them he read. He took a deep breath and walked to the very back of the library were little light seemed to shin. The curtains’ of the large windows were drawn closed and little light shined inside.

He rarely walked this deep into the library but something was calling his name like a strange feeling that boiled inside of him. He stood at the curtains lifting a hand to push the curtains aside a little letting in the light. He spotted Sera again sitting in the snow. She was starting to remind him of his brother but she was a little different. There was something about her. He shut the curtain and walked from the dark side of the library forgetting that he was looking for something. Maybe he'll fine what he was looking for another day.

Amick picked up a navy blue book and sat in a large chair in the center of library. His sliver eyes gleamed as they read over the words and letters of the book.
((ooc: That's alright, but sorry to say that I have to go after this. It's getting late and I have to be up early in the morning for an orthodontist app. biggrin ))

Her head snapped up, like an animal sensing danger, Sera's eyes darted wildly about her and she quickly turned her head to stare up at the building. The dark empty windows stared back at her.
She could have sworn someone had been watching her for a moment, and Sera knew her instincts and senses were always right; her mind sometimes worked on levels that other people could only imagine. The only problem was this was a subconscious thing for her, she couldn't completely control it.

Turning her attention back to her legs, Sera prodded at them some more,
I'm calm... Ok... Alright... Taking deep breath's, she rubbed her fingertips on her pams, small embers coming into life as flames suddenly emerged. Soon the glow came back to her skin and Sera ran the searing heat up and down her numb legs, bringing life back into them.
Her pyrokinetic powers became very frustrating at times, because Sera found that when her mind felt blocked and/or confused, her powers sealed themselves off. So during her little episode of emptiness, she had pretty much lost everything.
But by pulling herself back together, Sera could try and coax the flames back into life, so that they could continue to grant her warmth; something she dearly needed right now.

It was painful at first, and luckily nothing was damaged beyond repair, but eventually she managed to wiggle her little toes and stretch out her legs. The flames shifted from bright blue to a soft orange, as they ran across her skin. In the light of the morning, her hair had gone from a golden blonde to a fiery red and her eyes were of matching shade.
Always the same... She muttered, cursing to herself and trying to stand up; failing several times.

Questionable Gawker

The small pale and slim limbs of what looked like a fragile child dangled on the side of a five foot wolf. The dark black fur that covers its back made the girl stand out in amazing contrast. Its fur was like slick or as smooth as a babys bottom, some would say. The stray ends shined in the morning sun telling the truth about the animals real colors. White fur covered the bottom half of Novaks body and two marvelous marbles scanned the scene. The highlighter pink hair on the girls head swayed, covering her soft and childish fetchers(Not sure how to spell it). Only the soft pink of her lips could be seen but the black strip could sometimes take the beauty of her cheery blossom lips. Her head rested just behind the wolfs head as if she had done this many of times.

What was off about this image? Oh, she wasn't dressed in anything but wrapped in strange technology. A white metal and broken lines covered her chest almost like a bra. Her underwear seemed to be construed in the same manner. Over her ears looked like large earphones surrounded by large pink flowers. Broken and ripped cords dragged along the snow from being wrapped around her legs and arms. On the curve of her lower back was the script font letters I.K.E.A. If it wasn't for Novak she would have frozen, but his body kept the young girl warm.

Novak walk carefully making his way towards someplace Ikea could get warm and wake up. She had been sleep since he found her after the distraction of the lab. He looked up spotting a large building through the dozens of trees and snow. Puffs of clouds formed at the mug of his mouth. He turned his head over his shoulder looking for Ikeas puffs of clouds to make sure she was still breathing. There were times when she did stop breathing and if he hadn't checked she would have died. Sometimes she would clinch his fur; no matter how much it hurt he knew she was still alive.

His large paws crushed the snow in the morning silence of the winter forest. They had traveled miles and finally a place to stop, a place to rest and care to Ikea right. As they neared a garden Novak slowed down as the movement of someone in the snow came to life. He had been watching Sera from a far and wondered if she froze in the snow. Yet, once she began to move he was more cautious of her now. It wasn't like he could hide. He was too large and standing right in front of her. She had warmth; maybe she could help Ikea. He glanced over his shoulder again before looked back at Sera and taking another slow step. Novaks ears lowered and tail fall in hopes of telling her he was not here for danger. His long tongue licked his nose as he lowered his head to somehow show the bright head and pale skin of Ikea.

Help her please. He thought to himself now ten feet away from Sera. Novaks thoughts could only reach Ikea but she was sleeping half the time and the only one with telepathy. Anyone else wouldn't be able to hear him. He was trying to reach out to this female and maybe if he tried hard enough she would hear at least the word 'help'.
There. It happened again. Much like an animal would, Sera stopped moving, her body rigid and senses locked onto her surroundings. A warm tingle rushed through her body and she felt something brush the edge of her mind, some unfamilar presence.
Suddenly it came into focus, dawning on her face as she blinked and then frowned; a large, and by that she meant big, Wolf was standing a few feet from where she was. What was most odd was the frail female who dangled on its side, the bright pink hair striking against the Wolf's pelt.
There was something about the way they looked, or maybe it was more than that; the feel of their minds, brush of their presences', even their smell, Sera thought of it all as familiar. But how, she did not know. She'd only just met these beings, how could she know them? Then again, she didn't even know her own name that well, so maybe it was possible.
The many cords and cables hanging from the female unnerved Sera, and she could feel the dull throbbing pain at the back of her head start up again. A searing heat spreading across her lower back as she stood there in silence.

Wary of them both, Sera moved one foot back and crouched a little in the snow, with her hands curving round to her front. Her mind instinctively reached out to this animal, brushing thoughts against him, earlier she could have sworn catching a word from him, so she tried to communicate now.
State your name and business. Her voice firm and authorative, as though she has said those words many times in her past, even if she can't recall it.
Sera wasn't always sympathetic, she knew this female needed help, but her instincts wouldn't allow any kind behaviour right now; she felt as though her body was on high alert and she couldn't help but follow these instincts. Flames rolled about on her skin with a mind of their own, curling about her slender limbs, searing the ground she stood on. Grey smoke wisped in the air about her, as well as the steam from the rapidly melting snow.
This all felt like some sort of dream, a deja-vu kind of sensation that creeped Sera out. The more she stood there, the more it felt like a chord was being struck within her, as though something in her mind was being dragged out of the inky black darkness and Sera had a feeling that she wasn't going to like it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff