Welcome to Gaia! ::

herp

derp 1 100.0% [ 105 ]
Total Votes:[ 105 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 133 134 135 > >> >>> »|

Dangerous Businessman

Ebag The II

As Makar's right hand grasped firmly into the back of his neck, Jinsoku grit his teeth in pain and frustration. When he saw his head prepare and execute a headbutt his did the only thing that made since, he tucked his chin, allowing his forehead to be the target of Makar's head but. Being smaller than him made this easier. Simultaenously, his left hand that was formerly punching into his chest would have snaked around Makar's side, under the arm grasping Jin's neck. Holding him from moving the way he wished, Jinsoku resulted in a series of right hooks to the ribs/kidney area of Makar's left side. If an opening presented itself, he would take any shots to Mak's face he could.

Familiar Lunatic

Punk Phantom Cat

Levana Eclair

"It really all about your definition of "slavery" I would suppose."

He said making airquotes around the word. Tapping his ashes into the ashtray, he took another drag and continued.

"You have out-and-out slavery, indenture-ship, share-croppers, serfs, among others. Most of the sexual "slavery" really isn't such. The women, or men in some cases, get a cut of the profits and are treated pretty damn well. The price of a good dancer or speciality "slave" reflects both on her and her previous master. They usually can leave whenever they want and it's more of a quid-pro-quo situation. She is his property until she doesn't want to be and he protects her from all comers, gains prestige from "owning" such a lady until someone comes along who he owes a favor or would like a favor owed to him and she is willing."

Blowing a smoke ring, he smiles slightly.

"Nothing is exactly what it looks like...especially around these parts. As for not being able to fight, that is poppycock. I know of at least four fighters who have that same injury and they are still out there fighting and drawing blood. Two of them are werewolves, mind you and have compensated for their blindness by using their other senses. But your a Neko. Got to have at least as good nose and even better hearing, I would think."

Turning his violet eyes to the strange woman who he hadn't noticed before, the Count shook his head at the offer of the drink.

"I'll save that offer for now. Got too much on my mind to get that drunk. But I appreciate the offer though."

Tipping his hat in her direction, the silvered haired Cleric turned back to the Neko bartender.

Fanatical Star

11,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
◁ ◀ Ѧɀɑηυяє 'Ȥɑηє' Ɍнɣșтнɑɪη ▶ ▷
'The truths that we all try to hide are so much clearer when it's not our lives'

Azanure gave a somewhat wry laugh at Zan's assertion that he could still fight. In some ways, Zane could. He still had the skill. He still had the reactions practically programmed in his muscles. "In some ways, I suppose you're right," he started, but he was interrupted.

Azanure looked over to the raven-haired woman as she spoke. She had pretty much kept to herself from what he had seen so it came as a bit of a surprise that she announced a round of drinks for everyone. He gave a retail-worthy smile and started refilling shot glasses for the few patrons still at the bar ((NPCs, I guess)). At Zan's response to it, he realized that he needed a system for keeping tabs. He could remember exactly what each person at the bar right now ordered and owed, but what if he didn't remember later? He bent over behind the bar, searching for something to write on and with. Tail swishing in the air as he looked, he was soon rewarded. He found a small green spiral notebook and a black pen. He straightened up and wrote his name on one page, Zan's on the next, and "Raven-hair" on the third since he didn't know the woman's name. He would remember her face though. He scribbled some figures on each page and tucked it into the pocket with his wallet.

Azanure put his palms on the bar and leaned into it casually, ready to pick up the conversation with Zan. His ears were laid back a few degrees, and he looked thoughtful. "I could fight. The skill is still there, I know how to use a knife still. I haven't forgotten. It's just that people round these parts are too quick. I have better hearing, but it's still pretty hard when they get in my blind spot. Last time I tried, I ended up waking up on my friend's couch with no recollection of how I got there or a way to ask without my jaw hurting too badly." He gave a light shrug and his ears perked up again, the piercings in the right one catching the light. He was used to injuries. That wasn't the problem with that fight. The problem was that he was used to winning, and his record took a serious hit since the knife fight that cost him an eye.

Azanure looked up from his musing, red eye on Zan. "Are you coming for the tournament tomorrow? Bishop's excited. Sounds like it's going to be good," he said before finishing off his glass of water.

count_zantara

Levana Eclair

Familiar Lunatic

Punk Phantom Cat

"Let me know if your ever in the market for a prosthetic. I've been known to build some speciality body parts from time to time."

He said tapping on the lower calf of his right leg, which made a hollow metallic sound.

"Eyes are an easy one to fix if it causes you that much trouble. I actually think I might have a few extras from a previous client who wanted a few different styles so that she could use them for different purposes."

Taking a sip of his coffee, he moved around in the seat to get more comfortable, tapping the ashes from his smoke again. Thinking briefly about the Neko's comment about a tournament, Zantara was forced to give a small shrug.

"All depends, I suppose... on if it's worth my time. I like a good brawl as much as the next guy, but seeing unpowered fighters duke it out in a cage match just seems...boring to me. Not sure why. Perhaps I'm a touch jaded in my age. I like to see people flinging spells and crazy insane abilities that are more flash than substance. I like spectacles.

Fanatical Star

11,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
'The truths that we all try to hide are so much clearer when it's not our lives'

Azanure tilted his head, ears perked up curiously. He hadn't really thought about getting a prosthetic. Not seriously, anyway. And besides, he was used to this. He could function just fine without the use of his left eye now. The eyepatch had sort of become part of his image, as much a part of his daytime look as his piercings or his styled hair. Almost subconsciously, his left hand rose and his fingertips traced over the strap of his patch that crossed his cheek. He shook himself from his thoughts and offered a mild smile. "I'm not in the market right now, but I'll let you know if I change my mind," he said.

Azanure cleared away a few empty glasses from someone leaving and collected the money for the drinks before commenting on Zan's take on fighting. Azanure gave a laugh. Smirking, he said, "That s**t's unnatural. Really cool and all, but still unnatural." He drained the rest of his water and put the glass in the dish rack. "The interesting thing is watching what people with magic and spells and powers and all that do when they're put in a situation where they can't use it. It's... it ranged from hilarious to fascinating to surprising," he told his companion. He had seen some people that were like fish out of water without their power. He had seen some that became whole new people.

count_zantara

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
count_zantara
Punk Phantom Cat

The ℜ 𝖊 𝖛 𝖊 𝖓 𝖆 𝖓 𝖙 Guardian
"And as the Ascended One danced into Heaven, the Revenant Guardian returned..."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"It's no problem, you're always welcome--and you are certainly correct; there is a lot to think about. I have a long time to burn through these funds, so the drink will be on me when you decide to take the offer. May as well use it to celebrate."

Already the woman was fishing for the fat wallet. All in all, she wanted to fund this joint of Bishop's and help out in any way that she could. Frustrated that she could not find the wallet, the palm of her right gloved hand pressed flat. A small, dazzling circle manifested, a smaller Gateway opening itself. Drawing the palm up, the wallet she so hungrily sought coalesced into existence. One Gateway opened, another closed, and between the two was her pocket of Zero space, where she stored a manner of curious things. Primarily, her Zodiac Armor.

As the dazzling circle of light faded away, Raven brushed the ebony bangs from her line of vision. She peered into the fold, the wallet clearly incapable of holding the various bills she acquired. It was as close to flaunting her royal status, and even then, no one would truly know she was of royal descent. She was simply a wealthy drifter who came to brawl. Fishing out a wad of fat bills, she slid it across the bar. The leather was truly worn, and it was a shame she did not care enough to take care of it and organize her bills better. To the Neko-jin she flashed a polite smile

"If I've done my math right," Which she guessed with simply whipping out a lot of cash, "This should cover tipping as well. If not, please let me know so I can cover the rest. Hard work deserves good pay."

Glancing over her shoulder distractedly, she speculated where her suitcase had gone. She recalled throwing it at Jinsoku moments earlier, but the rest had been a blur. Aah, but there it was. The large metal case was nearly obscured by the pool table. The Psychokinetic Neohuman focused on the case. Certain elements were harder for her to wield, and metal had always been a slippery one. The case rattled and shuddered along the ground, but after an insistent tug, Raven willed it to drag along the ground. The petite woman bent and scooped the case up, setting it back on the bar's top. In a most unlady-like fashion(which she preferred) the back of her hand came across the bottom of her nose, smearing blood away.

"I shouldn't be so lazy...but then again. I promised Bishop I would not use my ethereal abilities in this tournament. I'm even deciding to restrict my physical abilities. I'm designed to protect and kill anything that gets in my way of protecting. Holding that back is going to be...boring."
She sighed at that reality, though her eyes danced with amusement as she turned her gaze back to the steel case.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fanatical Star

11,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image

Azanure approached the woman and when he accepted her cash, he raised a brow. He could tell this would more than cover the drinks, and the fact that she was giving the rest to him as tip was surprising. "Thank you. That's very generous of you," he commented. He didn't usually get tips like this unless the tipper was very drunk. Mind you, he always got decent tips. He always got 15-20%. The most notable was a guy who handed him car keys. He had thought that the man was doing the "I'm going to drink, don't let me drive" thing, but when Azanure closed up that night, the man was gone and there was an extra car in the parking lot. The man had literally left him the car. He kept the keys until the man's wife picked them up three days later, apologizing profusely about how her husband had been too drunk.

He counted it out, put the money for the drinks in the register, and pocketed the tip. He raised a brow as she wiped blood from her nose. The act itself didn't really bother him, but it was odd that she didn't wipe her hand off. He slid a basket of napkins closer to her, then positioned himself between the woman and Zan so he could talk to them both.

Zane nodded at the woman's words. "It's going to be fun to watch, I'm sure. There aren't any powers allowed, but some people are just stupidly strong anyway. I'm sure the betting house is going to be busy," he mused.

Levana Eclair

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Punk Phantom Cat

The ℜ 𝖊 𝖛 𝖊 𝖓 𝖆 𝖓 𝖙 Guardian
"And as the Ascended One danced into Heaven, the Revenant Guardian returned..."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Some people can't appreciate an honest man's work. Bar-tending is hard when people don't want to pay up. It's your livelihood at stake. And thank you," Raising a napkin in toasting, "I'm still used to making due with what I have. As a Vanguard, there's a lot of traveling and sleeping in less than desirable environments. But that's what I get for being a bodyguard to a King. I've been sealed in Heaven's realm for 5,000 years, though I swear it has only been five..." She daintily dabbed the napkin, attempting some act of mannerism. This only frustrated her when the blood did not let up, and furiously rubbed the napkin until the flakes of dry blood dispersed. Meticulously folding the napkin, she trapped it beneath the steel case After so long with living with the other soldiers in St. Anne, bad habits didn't care to die.

"...I can imagine the betting houses will have their hands full. There's a lot of eclectic energy swirling around, a lot of raw talent. I can't blame Bishop for wanting a tournament to kick things off, he lives for this sort of thing. I did try to kill him three different times in the last tournament we were in, seems only fair I get the s**t beaten out of me the hard way before I get another shot at him. This is his turf."

Raven dropped her chin into the palm of her right hand, staring thoughtfully at the bottles of liquor. It stung nicely, her cheek still swollen from her fight with Jinsoku moment's ago.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Familiar Lunatic

Punk Phantom Cat

"Well whenever you get it in your mind, let me know. I'm all about creating new toys for the world."

He said as he stubbed out the cigarette and went back to his coffee. Stopping to look around the room for the bathroom, he tapped the side of his cup for a refill as he stood up and headed in the direction of where he thought he might find it.

After a few minutes within, the sound of running water echoed through the quiet bar followed by the sound of a hand dryer.

Humming to himself as he came back out, drying the last bit of his hands on a paper towel, the Count chucked it into a nearby trash can and returned to his seat.

"Sorry about that. As you were saying....I wouldn't know about unnatural. Magic is all around us all the time. So are the Gods, but that's an entirely different bag of worms. You can't help but be impressed what some of these people can do, even if it's not directed at so much a fighting mentality."

Fanatical Star

11,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image

Azanure took the man's cup and went to refill it. It was the last of the pot, so he emptied the grinds and put the pot near the sink. By the time Zan came back, his cup of coffee was waiting for him with a clean stirrer and a couple packets of sugar while Zane collected money from a few patrons before they left. The day was winding down, according to the clock since the sky outside was always the same. It seemed some patrons were keen to leave now and come early for the tournament tomorrow.

Zane put the payments in the register and pocketed tips as Zan sat down again. "Perhaps 'unnatural' is the wrong word, considering where we are. But there does seem to be a certain... flavor to fights that have magic and fights that don't," Zane commented as he grabbed a rag and started wiping down the bar.

count_zantara

Familiar Lunatic

Punk Phantom Cat

Thinking for a moment as he added more sugar to his coffee, leaving the sugar packets in a small pile, Zantara pulled another cigarette from his pack and lit up another one, leaving the pack where the Neko could get it if he was in the mood. Breathing in on the cigarette for a few second, he let the smoke curl from his nose as he finally answered.

"Perhaps perhaps. I wouldn't be the best judge, I suppose. I'm all about my divine magic. Being a Cleric is what defines what I do. Being without it, is something I really can't phantom all that easily. There have been times where I've had to fight without it, but that has only been so that I could reacquire such things be it from finding a new God to work for or killing a Goddess for her divine gifts."

Sighing slightly as he stared down at his coffee cup, the Count pondered this. To be without his divine gifts and not mind it.... he really couldn't get his head around such a thought.

Fanatical Star

11,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image

Azanure didn't reach for the cigarettes. He didn't really need or want one at the moment. He would probably have one of his own when leaving here though. He would probably last until then. He cleared away the empty sugar packets, discarding them before wiping the bar top with a cloth. "I suppose it depends what you're born with then," he mused as he tossed the cloth on the back counter. He glanced at his watch. It was late enough to his shift that he didn't mind drinking. He pulled out a glass and made himself a Jack and Coke, easy on the ice. He lounged against the counter as he drank it.

count_zantara

Lonely Hellhound

12,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Jay busted in through the front doors, a toothy grin plastered across her face, she was estatic! Having won her match and finally making it to the finals why wouldn't she be? It was a rare thing for her to even win a match in the first place, but here she was one of the last competitiors standing. It was time to celebrate.
She hadn't been into the bar for a drink since her first round and she was dying to get some whiskey into her. The amber liquid would stop her from flipping out like she had with Raven, she wanted to stay the happy go lucky Jay for the upcoming fight. The pounding headache was enough to remind her why she disliked letting the nightmares take over, they left her drained and sore after her mind recovered and seperated the demons from reality.

Having had a good rest afterwards though she was finally ready to show her face again, and where beter to drink than in the bar where she had been fighting to start with? Those dark brown eyes glistened as she slid onto a stool, her short black dress shifting up her thighs ever so slightly, revealing more of the pale flesh.
Oh it felt good to be back in her normal clothes too, the standard short, tight black dress, steel toed combat boots that protected her legs all the way to the knee. Then there was the spiked collar that prevented a great many people from grabbing her throat for fear of the inch long steel spikes from piercing their skin.

So there she sat, waving the tender over to order a glass of the good stuff, alone for the time being but ever hopeful that Hideo would show...she had been thinking about him a lot lately. Curious as to how he was after his matches, and more or less wanting to catch up with her new friend.

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
||. The 𝖀𝖓𝖘𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖉 Evil .||

"Be honored that I am the one to kill you."

XOK-4; Project K. A. N. Z. A. K. I. ─────────────────────────── ─ ─ ─

Grunting, the Neohuman lumbered in after Jay. She lingered in the alley way long enough to make sure her street bike survived without a scratch. Once satisfied that no stray finger print resulted in immediate death, she returned from the bar Raven quietly slipped away from. Drinks were still on her, it looked. That was just fine. This tournament had allowed her to exercise how long and well the serum worked to suppress her abilities. She really hated holding back this much, but Raven had promised Bishop and though she still wanted to tear his spinal cord out, she had to adhere to the promises as well. Leering down at her hand, she tried to unleash her true speed. For a moment, her hand slid out of focus, as it was rapidly moving, but it fell back into sharp focus. Looks like the stupid s**t was working after all.

Even now, Corvus could feel her grip on Raven's body ebbing away. The usual stoic stare seemed to soften, the hazel irises swirling as more blue overtook. Rubbing at her swollen jaw, she eased back into the bar, seeming to favor the particular seat near the wall. This time she declined the Doc's services to be patched up. The Fallen Engineer will want to know how well his prized serum worked. She'd have smug satisfaction in showing Corvinus how badly she let Raven get beaten up. That was worth a drink, any day. By the time she settled in for her drink, Corvus was no longer present to enjoy it.

─ ─────────────────────────── C o r v u s K o r b i n C o r a x ─ ─ ─

"Love is hesitation, hesitation is Death."

Fanatical Star

11,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image

Azanure had watched some of the fights, considering that most patrons were more interested in the tournament than the bar. He returned to his place behind the bar before the final results of the matches were announced. He smoothed out his black vest with his palms before anyone approached. He had talked to Bishop yesterday about dress code, and it turned out there wasn't much of one. So, today, he had come to work wearing his usual piercings, a deep burgundy button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, a black vest, dark wash jeans, and burgundy converse. His wrists were adorned with an assortment of rubber bracelets and chains, and a short silver chain was around his neck.

As Jay sat down, he approached to take her order. "Congrats on moving on, Jay. First drink's on me. What can I get for you?" he offered. The free drink could be considered a congratulations. He glanced over as he watched the redhead, Elesana, take a seat at the bar, right arm folded across her stomach as if in an invisible sling. He would go ask her what she wanted once Jay ordered.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff