Welcome to Gaia! ::

herp

derp 1 100.0% [ 105 ]
Total Votes:[ 105 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 133 134 135 > >> >>> »|

ImNoHero

User Image

Cicily rested her forehead on his knee, his fingers running through her hair felt so comfortable. Closing her eyes, she took in a deep breath. She still was really weak, and she felt ashamed for crying in front of him. Cicily had never cried in front of him, she sniffled a little, trying to get rid of the tears. Taking a deep breath, she looked up at him, her eyes slowly starting to gain their light blue color back. Tucking a strand of her hair from her face, she knew that she wanted to just regain her composure. Looking at the man in front of her, she let her hands rest on his knee, her chin resting on them. Seeing that he was about to speak, Cicily straightened up, and listened as he started to speak.

Marry Me.

Blinking, Cicily sat up all the way, almost losing her balance as she looked up into his eyes. Was he serious? Pushing her hair from her face, she couldn’t believe what he just said. Taking in a deep breath, she tried to speak, but her voice cracked as tears started to spill down her face once more. All she could do was nod, as she slowly rose up, and sat in his lap. Taking his face into her hands, she claimed his lips with hers. This would mean this is her permanent home. With Bishop. Their whole lives would be spent together, and she would be just fine with that. Resting her forehead on his, tears spilling down her face, dripping onto him, she licked her lips as she looked at the man in front of her. “Yes Bishop. I will marry you.”

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. OUTFIT

Fanatical Star

11,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
◁ ◀ Ѧɀɑηυяє 'Ȥɑηє' Ɍнɣșтнɑɪη ▶ ▷
'The truths that we all try to hide are so much clearer when it's not our lives'

Azanure took the offered glass with a small nod, taking a step and a half to his right to put the glass in the dish rack he had seen earlier. He hadn't been out of ear shot, so he still heard everything the man had said. He laughed lightly and assured him that Zantara was still unique.

As the man's hair moved, Azanure's left cat ear gave a slight twitch, and narrows his eyes a little. His ears weren't as good as a true cat's, but he could hear better than the average human. Despite that, the sound was still at the edge of his hearing, and after a moment, Zane wasn't sure he had heard anything at all.

He smirked when Zan said about using his hobby to hit on people. "I'm not sure I'm your type," he said jokingly as he grabbed himself a glass of water. He took a sip and set it down on a coaster. "If you ever figure out where my name came from, by all means, let me know. It'd be interesting to know," he said with a slight nod. His tail swished lazily behind him as Zane's red eye surveyed the club for a brief moment, noting the griffin looking where Bishop had exited the room before his gaze returned to his customer.

Familiar Lunatic

Catching sight of that small ear twitch, Zantara raised a single eyebrow for a moment before taking another sip of his coffee. "What was that?" he wondered to himself as he set the cup down on the coaster, looking around to see what the Neko might have noticed behind him.

"There isn't such a creature as "Not My Type".... we snakekin are pretty much an equal opportunity flirters"

He replied with a sly smirk as his forked tongue slipped between his pale lips, tasting the air to see what else might have been within the bar in the past little bit. He could "smell" the others in the back... but the stench of blood in the air was a bit too overpowering for him to really get an idea of what else might be there.

"Except birds.... can't stand bird-kin. They give me the bloody willies. I can handle angels no problem. but Tetsu and the rest? Down right unnatural. Feathers...."

Shuttering slightly in a exaggerated way, he picked up his coffee and took another sip.

"I've always been fascinated by Neko's personally. Neither fish nor fowl but something in between. Hated by most were-kin, loved as food by most vampires and incubii and sucubii.... but damn does your kind breed like rabbits. If it weren't for the humans, I think you'd be the dominant species around these parts."

Lonely Hellhound

12,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Jay ruffled the feathers on her beloved pets chest, pulling his head over so she could force him into a hug. Her arms barely reaching around his neck due to his massive size. Skittles was grateful for this, it meant he could escape the cuddles more often, but right now he felt sympathy for his master, she was unaware of Bishop and Cici's happy ending, and could only think of how she saw them a little while ago.
Yes the brawler had a soft spot for her friends, even their romance, despite her tough exterier she longed for something similar one day. For now though fighting would have to fill the void. Well that and drinking of course.

Releasing the griffin Jay would leave her booth, finding a stool beside the bar and of course taking a seat. It only took all of two seconds for her to spot the man with the funny hat....it brought back a glimpse of the little elf man from HoH, except this guy's hat wasn't nearly as nice.
Supressing a light chuckle she would distract herself by ordering a drink, that was why she moved to begin with..

"Hey, can I get a whiskey neat...filled to the top please."

It would help her relax, maybe even forget. But most of all it would make her happy, alcohol had become a drug to her, she needed it like fish needed water, having become reliant on it many years ago and never once had she tried to stop. There was no point...live in a nightmare or get drunk? It was an obvious choice.

Skittles cooed at her before sitting down, leaning over to rest his head on the counter with those golden eyes watching nothing in particular.

Fanatical Star

11,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
'The truths that we all try to hide are so much clearer when it's not our lives'

Azanure's eyebrow almost raised when the man said there was barely such thing as 'not his type'. He didn't judge people for their preferences, but he hadn't really expected that from him. Then Zane tilted his head to the left curiously, watching the man's forked tongue flicker out. "I've never met snake-kin before," he said curiously. For some reason, he was tempted to ask if the man could unhinge his jaw. That had always fascinated him about regular snakes. However, it seemed like a very odd question so he left it alone.

He laughed lightly about bird-kin. He had to agree. Birds should just stay birds and nothing more. When you started combining feathers and skin, things got weird. He was about to answer the man's comment on neko's being so fascinating when the woman with the griffin sat down and ordered. He pulled out a clean glass, grabbed the whiskey, and went to her. He set the glass down on a coaster and filled it up barely shy of spilling over. When he returned to Zan and their conversation, he picked up where they left off.

"Between you and me, I wish there weren't so many of us. I honestly don't understand how they do it. And I really don't understand why every creature that eats other creatures seems to have an interest in us. Do cat ears somehow translate to tasting better or something?" he mused a loud. He had wondered about that before. While it wasn't common for nekos in his area to be attacked, he had heard stories of nekos going missing and turning up dead, enslaved, or never. He took another drink of his water as he reached up with his left hand to scratch lightly under one of the strings of his eyepatch.

[.:OoC: I can't say I expected that reply xD :.]

Lonely Hellhound

12,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
"Thanks."

Jay would reply before taking a healthy mouthful of the drink, it was smooth whilst flowing down her throat. Even tasted better than the whiskey she normally drank, leaving her taste buds tingling.
One thing caught her eye though..The bartender had ears....And was drinking water. Now she may or may not of been one to pick holes in another person...But drinking water while being a male barkeep was just a huge no, no in her book.

What changed in the short time she had been away? Normally they were the ones challenging people to shot offs and generally enjoying the booze around them. Then again that was how she was, not to say a great many others were the same. But now'a'days she tended to see more and more sober staff.

The thought left her shaking her head...!!!Then out of nowhere!!!...Like completely ******** randomly she cried out as her head snapped back violently, her body being thrown back off the stool like a rag doll and hitting the ground with a resonating thud!

Somehow someone had punched her through the very fabrics of time and space...For no apparent reason. Not that she knew that...Since she was literally knocked the ******** out.

King Bug
Assbutt! >.>

Dangerous Businessman

User Image
"I'm glad...wouldn' have it any otha' way."

H
e mentioned with a tone of happiness, greatly contrasting his previous confusion and developing hurt. This was the first woman he ever felt this strongly for, and he wasn't going to pass up the chance at making this work. He wasn't sure what to do at this point. Of course he kissed her tenderly, though would they even stay at the club past this point. He didn't even want to go anywhere else to celebrate for say. He just felt like it had been a full day. The night wasn't so young, though still it was late. Despite the ever orange sky trapped in an eternal dusk/dawn moment, he felt like it was late. His body tell him he was tired more than likely.

"Le's go home."

H
e didn't have to say anymore. They would part together with Dzul, the same way they had arrived this 'morning'. Tomorrow was the big day, the launch of The Beatdown. And he was going to need his rest in order to manage the madness to ensue. He was going to have a helluva time trying to keep up with all the money and bets. More importantly though, he had to participate as an eliminator.

fragile goodbyes

Punk Phantom Cat

Familiar Lunatic

Looking for a moment at the woman with the griffin, Zantara wondered briefly if it was related in some small way to another giffin he knew who went by the name of Jiroo. Giving her a small tip of his hat, the snake-kin turned back to the Neko with a smile.

"You haven't? That seems...strange. You have Yuan-ti's, Lamia's, Naga's, a few Coatls flittering here and there, the ever present demon-kin who are known as Marailiths. My own species of Orochi aren't all that...common mind you and Spirit-snakes are as uncommon as gnomes but we do get around. I supoose it's because so many of us keep in humanoid form for such long spans of time that we take on their traits."

He replied with a soft chuckle as he ticked the different species off on his long subtle fingers.

Looking up as Azanure spoke about the "tastiness" of Neko, Zantara thought about it for a moment and gave a small shrug.

"I'd personally think it's just like rabbits. Neko's are genetically designed with the knowledge that a good quarter of their offspring will be eaten before they grow old enough to mate, at least as far as I've ever figured it out. Only thing that makes much sense in this world. I apologize if that sounds harsh or too....blunt, but I'd much rather at least answer your musing with a honest opinion than something that is just a pleasant platitude."

The final part of that statement, he added on just so he wouldn't be taken as a rude b*****d. It was sometimes hard to remember what species around these lands spoke bluntly about such things and which had issues with the unvarnished truth.

It sometimes sucked not to be able to understand all the human hybrids.

"As to your second bit of musing, I wouldn't know about most other species but to most snake-kin besides the Yuan-ti who'll eat just about anything, Neko meat and blood is alot cleaner than regular humans. You, in a strictly general sense mind you, take better care of yourselves, eat less processed food, have a more robust immune system that keeps most of the more distasteful human diseases and viruses as bay so it can't taint the flavor. Your vices don't run the gauntlet of human drugs, in most cases. Most Neko's I've met are oddly enough vegetarians if not actual full blown vegan. If you want human meat but not the nastiness, you go Neko. Vampires seem to work on basically the same principle, I've seen."

He replies, half forgetting that he was talking to a Neko about the consistency of Neko meat. Pulling a pack of cigarettes from the breast pocket of his vest, he began to tap it against the inner wrist of his left hand idly as he pondered how to give the man a truly in-depth reply to a question that he probably really didn't want answered.

"And to be completely honest, on the food chain Neko's are near the bottom of the sentient species totem pole. You'd think being related to cats, you'd have at least a leg up on the competition... but too many of them seem to be bred for timidity. A few times I've been directed by my Patron God or Goddess of the time to break up a slavery ring. A bit of amusing fun, all in all, but trying to get Neko's to reintegrate back into normal society? I'd almost say it's as bad as herding cats, but that's just a horrible pun. Half the time they are so...timid that they actively search out new masters and mistresses even if they won't admit it to themselves. A quarter usually just whine and mope around, trying in vain to make something of their lives. But the last.... the unbroken ones? They can be a sight to see. I've trained my fair share of the last group over the years. Quite good at the more bloodthirsty aspects of Clericial work. Mostly they have a grudge to settle with the world and go out in a blaze of glory, but before that.... they are quite enjoyable to work with."

Laughing softly, he put one of the hand rolled cigarettes in the corner of his mouth before looking up at the Neko and held out the pack as to offer one to the one-eyes man he'd come to enjoy the company of.

((I'm glad that I'm not predictable. It brings a bit of warmth to my cold snake heart. Hope this reply does the same))

Fanatical Star

11,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image

Azanure leaned against the back bar that held the alcohol, thumbs hooked in the pockets of his black jeans as he listened to Zan. It was certainly interesting hearing someone else's take on Nekos. At his apology for sounding blunt, Azanure gave a small wave of his hand and a look that clearly invited him to continue. Azanure didn't mind at all. It wasn't like the guy was threatening him directly. It was giving him insight really.

At the mention of timidity, though, Azanure gave a laugh and shook his head with a crooked grin. "Well, I'm pretty sure the timid gene skipped me. And whatever gene makes Nekos go vegan, since I for one enjoy a good steak sometimes," he said as he accepted a cigarette. He pulled out his silver lighter, lit his own, and then offered the flame to Zan. He was about to continue speaking when the sound of a crash made his right ear twitch. He turned to look only to see that the raven-haired woman who had ordered a whiskey was suddenly gone. He left his lighter with his new companion and went over, peering over the edge of the bar.

"What the hell?" he muttered, moving to go around the bar. He wasn't one to involve himself in other people's affairs, but at the same time, he wasn't the kind of person that would leave someone laying unconscious on the ground. He checked the woman's pulse first, making sure she was indeed just unconscious and not dead on their floor. She was alive, so with a little bit of effort, he hoisted her over to a booth near the bar, sitting her in there. He didn't know what to do for her really, and he was lucky her griffin even let him move her, considering his beak was over his shoulder the entire time. With a sigh, he turned back and returned to the bar.

"Sorry about that. No idea what just happened," he said to Zan. "Whatever else happens, I can't say that my first day here was uninteresting."

Familiar Lunatic

Looking over in surprise at the knocked out woman, the orochi was to bluntly put it bewildered to no end as he lit his cigarette off of Azanure's lighter.

"I would ask what the hell just happened.... but I'm not sure I want to know. Let me know if you'd like me to take a look at her. Being a cleric, first aid is kinda mandatory in my line of work."

Tilting his head slightly at the picture of the one eyed neko carting the woman over to a booth, Zantara just shook his head in amusement before taking a drag from his cigarette, tapping the ashes in a small ashtray by his elbow.

"But as I was saying... I couldn't tell you why the whole Vegan kick is big. Your carnivores for God's sake."

Blowing a smoke ring into the air, he pondered it for a bit.

"The history of Neko's... god's that's a mess and a half. You got Neko's from some words created by science, some made by the God's, some of them come from worlds where they are the highest species and humans never evolved. You ask a dozen where they come from, you'll get a dozen different answers. Amusing in it's own way, but it really does make me glad to be snake-kin. We know where the hell we come from and where the hell we are going. Top of the Food Chain! Last stop, ******** the brakes."

Fanatical Star

11,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image

Azanure pondered for a moment on what Zan had said. He didn't really know where his line came from, be it creation or science. His parents were both Nekos, and he didn't know any farther back than that. He slipped his lighter into his pocket as he laughed at Zan's last statement. "Remind me to never cross you then," he jested before taking a drag on his cigarette. He let the smoke out in a plume, much less flashy than Zan's smoke ring. "I don't really mind where I am on the food chain as long as I'm on the top of my own personal food chain. I much prefer to eat rather than be eaten," he commented. He looked idly at the cigarette in his hand. "I knew a couple kids that disappeared a few towns over from me, but it never came too close to home. I'd like to keep it that way," he mused quietly.

He turned his head a little to glance at the women he had put in the booth. To his benefit, the booths were to the right of him, meaning he didn't have to turn his head as far to see her, considering his bum eye. His tail swished idly behind him as he took another drag on the cigarette.

Familiar Lunatic

"No worries on that one. Your too cute for dinner. The eyepatch is a nice touch, I say."

He said with a soft smile, taking a little drag again from his smoke, allowing the excess to curl from his nostrils as he took a sip of his coffee. Cracking his neck from side to side as he pondered something, the Count tapped his ashes off the end of his cig again.

"Most of the real bad slavery rings have been dealt with over the years. All that is really left is so much vanilla. Even the Succubi have gone soft... something that I can not believe in the least bit. And it's kinda a shame too. I'm not entirely soft on the pain thing, but it was always nice knowing that there was at least someone out there torturing people because they liked that sort of thing."

Giving off a playful sigh that was extremely exaggerated, the Orochi finished off his coffee and held it up, a questioning look on his face asking for a refill.

"So what brought you here?"

Fanatical Star

11,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image

Azanure laughed at his compliment. Being called 'cute' by a guy was probably a first, at least since college. He didn't laugh because it made him feel uncomfortable though. He was genuinely amused. He leaned forward to tap the ashes off his cigarette into the ashtray by Zan as he commented that the eyepatch wasn't just for looks, so to speak. His comment about torture made him raise an eyebrow. He almost asked if he got off on pain or just liked the thought, but that didn't seem like a question you asked someone you met less than an hour ago.

"I'm sure there are still some, they just don't let it get out. That stuff is still frowned on in some places, isn't it?" he commented before taking another drag. He blew the smoke out slowly, musing over the man's question. It wasn't often, maybe ever, that he got that question. He took Zan's mug and refilled it, giving him a couple more sugar packets as well.

"Well, to put it simply, the job brought me here. I took up bartending in college and liked it enough to stick with it. Heard there was an opening here, so here I am," he said with a one shouldered shrug. He finished his cigarette and reached forward to put it out, using the ashtray at Zan's elbow. "It's also nice that there's fights to see," he added, blowing out smoke as he spoke. "I like watching since I gave it up, myself. Can't exactly fight well with this," he said nonchalantly, left hand gesturing to his eyepatch.

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The ℜ 𝖊 𝖛 𝖊 𝖓 𝖆 𝖓 𝖙 Guardian
"And as the Ascended One danced into Heaven, the Revenant Guardian returned..."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Love conquers after all..."
Raven muttered to herself, finally leaning away from the bar.

Beneath the veil of ebony bangs she had finally felt equilibrium within herself. That transformation was not without cost, and she could feel the warm crimson trail oozing from her nose, vivid against her pale skin. The muscles were tensed, and while the Neohuman normally had the dexterity to functional normally in a fight, the strange shift of XOK cells had thrown her for an otherworldly loop. Pretty faded dots danced across her vision, a result from so much blood rushing, and leaning into the bar for far for too long. Part of her felt empathy for Cici, as she recalled how her own Husband attempted to turn her over to OXY for her strange abilities. Not only had she used these abilities to slaughter their children, but lacked compassion and remorse after the fact. Back then, a part of her wanted to crawl back to OXY, the Pentalaws fresh in her mind: no family, no allies, no friends, restrict your emotion, love in all form is forbidden; love is hesitation, hesitation is death. For a moment, Raven's wasn't sure if the smoky haze they were swathed in was from the ashen remains of cigarettes abandoned, or the charred flesh of four year old kin.

Bruises mottled her skin, punctuations of yellow and blue. Jinsoku had beaten her up fairly good, but she had to reserve herself for the fight in the Pit. Tension was laced in the air, and Bishop's anxiety levels spiked so high, it was a loud buzzing in Raven's ear, suddenly a blip on her ethereal radar. Her temples were throbbing, and the high of her fight with Jinsoku gave way to weariness. It felt strange to feel human-like, but no--that was not the best way to accurately pinpoint the sensation. Mortal. Raven had never felt so mortal before, and despite the draining sensation, it felt good.

Suddenly the annoying buzz in her ear had returned. An emotion far stronger than anxiety manifested itself onto what Raven had affectionately dubbed as her "radar"; Raven was an Astral Virtue Guardian, and Love was her designated Virtue. The emotion resonated and carried so strongly it made her eyes burn and her stomach churn. It was hard to imagine that being brainwashed and trained as an efficient killing machine incapable of love, she could relapse and become one of the strongest among the AVG. Love strengthened her will and resolve. It drove her to points she thought would destroy her, and yet she somehow came out alive. It was love that drove her to becoming the third Ascended Guardian.

Raven did not require tapping into Bishop's mind to know good things were unfolding for the man. She had mistakenly grabbed him once, and his history unfolded before her like a complicated novel series. He deserved good things to come his way, they all did. Raven traced the bar top--a longer slender finger scarred like the rest of her body--traced an unseen emblem, three oval-like petals, a sign of her identity as the Trinity. Between each "petal" a slim, coiling vine--a symbol of growth and nurture. She desperately wanted to know who she really was. Would she find out in her training here? Was she a mild-mannered Princess, an apathetic assassin, or a lost mutant dredging up far too much Karma?

Raven tilted her head and observed the coiling vines, and how it formed a small, perfect spiral. Spiral...that was Roan's emblem. The thought of her deceased Gatekeeper spawned a deep-seated sense of sadness. His unyielding love for her was not reciprocated, and thus he faded from existence like some dying God. With Corvinus accepting his roll, and Raven felt a twang of guilt. Both men loved her to such depths that did not seem possible. Now she felt the weight of Roan's fading on her shoulders, yet could not help but feel elated joy that Corvinus--her beloved Orion--was finally, finally a permanent entity in her existence.

Love. Corvinus had spent a long time away from Raven because they were dangerous for one another. Now they were eternally bound. His Virtue of Knowledge coexisting with her Virtue of Love. Would the ultimate answer lie with him?

Dismissing the invisible design, Raven narrowed her gaze, pupils to slits, jaw set and rigid with dissatisfaction,
"Another round of drinks for everyone on me."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dangerous Sex Symbol

ImNoHero

Jinsoku's hook missed, though he wasn't going to let that stop him from anything. His opponent got closer. This was something Jinsoku wasn't use to in his world of fighting. Tact and skill was everything. But as far as he could tell, Makar was reckless, yet primal. His carefree way of fighting was simply faith in his own ability. Jinsoku could admire that. Though in his current position, regardless of Makar's next move, he would be rolling his left shoulder, moving his left fist down, forward, and up, into an uppercut. In his recovering/rising action for his previous position, the fist wouldn't place it's mark on his throat, but it did purchase impact into Jinsoku's chest---

Chest? Well, that'd suck as he continued to go in. That uppercut would impact with his abdomen as he got truly in the man's face. His arm sliding up and gripping the back of the man's neck to hold him close. It all happening in less than a second as a head would come slamming in to disorient. Quick movements. Quick thoughts. Quickness as the man would, most likely, have his brain rolled inside his cranium and from there Makar would move slightly to the side and using the man's neck as a pivot point would kick downwards straight onto an ankle aiming to completely shatter it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff