Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Hunter

String x Theory
Saria nodded at the request, and as Fray went inside to grab the vases and ribbon, she began her work.

Waking first to the arch where the altar would be, light green vines began to sprout and weave in an intricate design, sprouting white flowers as Fray had requested. As the flowers bloomed around the arch, more flowers began to line the aisle, sprouting in different sizes and lengths. When Fray returned, Saria knelt down where another bloom of wildflowers grew at her feet, effortlessly plucking them out of the ground to begin placing in the vases. As she plucked one group of flowers, another identical patch would grow to be effortlessly plucked into the next vase until they were all filled.

As they finished up the vases, a new patch of flowers bloomed which would become the bouquets. She only plucked one, holding it out for Fray to get her approval.
"How's this for the bouquet? Bigger, smaller, cascading? Too bright?"

[[ Did my response to this get deleted somehow? I replied but don't see it anymore.. :/ ]]
Sheriff Grimes

Mohan watched the red head introduce herself to Gorthan before he looked to Nik, shrugging at the mention of setting up.

"I guess. I'm sure Fray will find me if she needs me."

Truth is, people seemed uneasy around Nik, and Mohan didn't want to leave the patrons primarily in his care. He'd stick around and help tend the bar either until Fray called him away or until he felt he was no longer needed.

Thieving Rogue

Sheriff Grimes

[[ Did my response to this get deleted somehow? I replied but don't see it anymore.. :/ ]]

((I never saw a response.. so i guess Gaia ate it?))

Kawaii Hunter

String X Theory

[[ Stupid gaia. -_- ]]

While Saria was creating the flowers, Fray was decorating the trees with the white ribbon by throwing the roll over the branches to hang loosely between. She finished up the tree she was working on just as Saria walked over, squealing with delight at the sight of the beautiful flowers and inspected the vase. "Perfect," She remarked as she inhaled the variety of fresh scents. "The arch looks beautiful too!" Skipping over to the arch, she stood beneath it and twirled a bit. "Oh I can't wait till Mohan sees it. Where is he anyway? Wait why do I even ask that question?" Probably in the lab.. like always. She was curious about the progress of her power pill, but also wanted help setting up the tables so they could put the covers and flower vases on them. Her fox ears twitched at the sound of footsteps. "Sounds like some more patrons. Business has been good lately.. perhaps we'll have some new guests for the wedding. I should ask Yuni to make some extra food just in case."

Thieving Rogue

Saria smiled, glad that Fray liked her creations. She tied together the bouquet in her hands before sprouting another one, smaller for herself, tying that one up as well.

"These will keep fine as long as I'm around." She said. "No need to refrigerate or anything like that."

At the mention of Mohan, Saria remembered their conversation from earlier. She wondered if Mohan had talked to Fray about it? There was that whole doctor-patient confidentiality thing, but lets be honest, husbands and wives talked about everything together. Although, they weren't really married yet. Saria certainly talked to Ralic about everything... that is, when he was around.

"Speaking of food, I still need to make lembas." She said, realizing how behind she was on this wedding ordeal and how terrible of a matron of honor she had been. "I guess I should start on that. Come inside with me? You should grab a bite to eat anyway before finding Mohan. Nerves can trick you into believing you're not hungry. We don't want you fainting at the altar, now."

Saria smiled, remembering her own wedding day to Ralic. It was fairly lavish, as an elvish wedding tends to be, although not many people attended. She, too, had gotten married at the Heartless, opting for an indoor wedding in the ballroom. A soft smile played at her lips, and a soft flush of red brushed her cheeks as she recalled. It was one of the happiest days of her life.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Kira and Yuni could be found in the kitchen, the angel sitting on the floor against a wall with the calico kitten just barely dozing now. Looked like the recent tasks-- and maybe some of the alcohol from earlier-- knocked Kira out cold. Yuni, however, had trouble sleeping after she was knocked out. She felt funny. Not in the 'haha' funny way either. And the word 'wedding' was being thrown about a lot now, ears twitching at the various voices that uttered it. Wedding...?

Aw s**t. The kitten's icy eyes blinked open in surprise before she carefully wiggled herself out of Kira's arms, shaking her fur out once she stood on the kitchen floor. Frayda's wedding was soon and this cat hadn't started cooking! Didn't even matter that Yuni didn't know what day it was. DAT FOOD NEEDED TO. BE. MADE. AND DELICIOUSLY MADE AT THAT.

Oh wait, what exactly did Fray and Mohan want on their menu... The question had Yuni tripping over herself as she shifted from kitten to teenager, ending up in a faceplant but a few feet away from Kira. The angel mumbled something, shifted slightly in discomfort, but hadn't woken up.

Yuni huffed. Gotta find the soon-to-be-hitched...

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
lizardman ((mummyman3))

Luth groaned a little to himself as Vea posted something in the chatbox, having really wanted to get on with his gunmage lessons. Penelope showed no change in attitude as the icy lad did, though she wasn't even looking at the chatbox.

Kai blinked slowly. She's been doing a lot of that lately... And a look up to the corner gave her the impression that she was keeping time for something... So the darker angel wrote back:

That would leave you vulnerable, carrying around the other android til it reboots. And as your programming details, you are its assistant.

"Couldn't she just override the main program temporarily and take control of physical movement?" Luth offered in a fashion to show he was a good sport.

And that was a good point. Lots of AI programs tend to go haywire and take over the system it helps to support.

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
Vea thought for a moment, could she take it over? Scanning the file directory she found her programming database, opening it she looked through the files, they were all so simple. Searching for control functions, only speech and audio were available to her. Though it wouldn't stop her from hacking the system she was not intended for, furiously she began to type new coding for the files. "Access to mainframe storage, granted; inputting algorithm, d=g(y3*5)/f=z; z=34; and if this is the algorithm for finger movement..." she was muttering to herself as she typed away. The coding taking to her files like glue, it was way too easy for her. Piece by piece she input numbers, letters, and complex equations as well as a security system to kick her when DT was fully recovered. She made a mental note for her partner to remove her from the confines of the mind when he thought it was time. A status bar appeared before her when she hit enter, it would take only two minutes and forty eight seconds for the coding to take effect.

As time passed rather slowly for her she travelled to the back of lobe of the brain and began rearranging some microfibers that connected her to the filing system. It took only a minute for her to do this, what was a minute for the outside world was ten for her, and she moved back to the frontal lobe to adversely do the same thing to the optical receptors. This would give her full field of view with a bit more than what DT was originally programmed with, again it only took a minute and by the time she had the last wire in place the upload was done. Quickly she moved to the control system lobe, located in the far left where thought was processed, she sat herself down and flipped the proverbial on switch. With a whirring of gears and latches full control was hers, slowly the optical units came into clarity melding with her programming. It would be another couple minutes before she could fully move, but with a twitch of the foot and a finger she chirped with glee.

Gorthan looked up at the redhead, and with a silent expression flew up and behind the counter where Mohan was. Hiding behind his leg, he looked at Nik and tilted his head, he himself was not very fond of vampires. In fact he considered them to be the worst, mostly because a friend of his keeper was a vampire, and she tried so hard to gain control over the ling so she could have a pet. He ducked down a bit hiding further behind Mohan gripping the man's pantleg tightly just staring at Nik.

Tipsy Bookworm

15,390 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bookworm 100
Sophie nodded 'yes' to the coffee, but thought better about her ability to carry two things up the stairs. "I will come back for a cup of coffee if you don't mind. I don't want to spill it, and I'd really like to get a bed. Thank you for your help."
Her smile was easy even if it belied her exhaustion. Sophie had always been a generally friendly person, and even exhaustion couldn't hold back her true nature. She took a breath before lifting her bag off the floor one more time. Heading for the stairs she noticed a small dark creature run past her legs. She didn't think much of it, as her tired mind told her that she was imagining it.

As she drew to the top of the stairs at the second floor she thought her legs might fall off. Her breathing was steady, but her legs ached, and her arms ached and her eyelids were on fire. She wasn't entirely sure if she'd have the strength to go back down for that coffee. Did they do room service here?
There was a room directly in front of her, but it appeared to be taken. She turned right and headed down the hallway till she found a free room. She walked into the room, letting the door close behind her, and pulled her bag onto the bench at the end of the bed. Then she let her body drop on to the bed. After a few minutes she pulled her self up and under the covers. She was fully dressed but too tired to care. Sleep took over before she had a chance to think about her braid digging into the back of her head.

Blessed Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Footfalls coming up the pathway, light taps as shoes of some kind connected with the wooden stairs of the front porch that continued briefly until they reached the front door. Merely out of habit and a sense of courtesy, this new arrival gently rapped on the main door to announce his arrival before opening it and walking in. Stepping through the doorway and into the foyer, the new arrival turned around and quietly closed the door behind him so it did not slam shut and disturb anyone who might be seeking some sort of peace and quiet. Turning back around, he took the time to take in what lay before him and see what he could avail of himself. Cocking his head to the side, curious as to how calm this place felt despite getting a wierd sort of vibe about what could lay within, the new arrival took to his feet and made his way over to what he assumed was the commons area.

Stopping in what could be considered the "doorway" to the commons area, the new arrival again stopped to take stock of the area before him. Noting where everything was placed and positioned, he made his way over to an empty easy chair and sat himself down. Tired from a long walk, he was taking the time to relax before making the effort to introduce himself to whomever else called this place home or a place of relaxation.

((For all intents and purposes, my character looks like my current avatar.))

Kawaii Hunter

String x Theory
The Dark Angel of Hell

Fray nodded and began to walk with Saria towards the Manor. She could use a bite to eat. Although she hadn't turned into BrideZilla yet, she was likely to start freaking out once it was almost time for the wedding. She glanced at Saria as they walked, catching her smile and blushing cheeks. "What're you so smiley about?" She asked, just happy to see her friend smiling as it had been a rarity of late. As they entered the Manor, she headed for the bar and saw someone standing in the hall. "Hi. Welcome to the Heartless. If you're hungry, we were just about to make something to eat," She said to the man before entering the bar.

"Hey hun," She greeted Mohan, giving a wave and chuckle when she saw the ling clinging to his leg like he was scared. "Hey Gorthan, what's wrong?" She asked softly as she walked behind the bar and swung the kitchen door open. "Yuni! Just the person I was lookin' for. There's a lot more patrons staying here so I wanted to ask if you could help make some extra food for the reception. I also wanted to talk to you about the menu. I want to make sure there is something everyone can eat. So, really, I guess some sort of meat for the main dish and then a vegetarian option as well."

Tipsy Bookworm

15,390 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bookworm 100
Sophie's eyes were still shut when she woke up. Her first thought was of how soft her pillow was and how deliciously cozy the bed was. Her eyes snapped open as she'd forgotten where she was and suddenly wondered what bed she was in. Upon seeing the room and her suitcase at the end of the bed her memory returned to her.
She had been traveling for days, sleeping rough once or twice, and she felt rough for it now. She became aware that she was in her traveling clothes and smelled rather ripe. Climbing out of bed with stiff movements she stood up and arched her back, then her neck, swinging her arms above her head as she did so. Her back popped and her body issued a few other snaps and cracks from various joints and ligaments.
Sophie looked around for the key which she was told would be waiting in the room. Once she found it, on the chest of drawers just inside the door, she locked the door and unpacked her bag before going for a shower.

In fresh clothes and with a fresh braid trailing over her dark skin, Sophie felt well enough to go search out some coffee and perhaps some food.
She headed down stairs, after locking her room behind her, and made her way back to the bar where she had checked in. Only she hadn't really checked in, and she hadn't left her details with anyone, and she hadn't paid. Sophie began to hope that it wasn't all some trick to get people to come in and then charge extortionate fees. ...Not that money was much of an issue.
She looked around for an employee.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Sheriff Grimes

It really did sound like the Manor was getting lively... and in time for a wedding! Coincidence? Maybe invited guests? Yuni knew she invited her father, but it was a long shot to get that madcat anywhere unfamiliar. At least, she assumed. She's only ever saw the purple coated catman at the Assassin's Sanctuary. Where the whiskey is. So Yuni picked herself up and grinned at Fray, tail wagging at the many ideas she had for the reception's food.

"Oh! How 'bout a chicken marsala florentine? Or a shrimp scampi? Maybe a steak with crisp veggies 'nd mashed potatoes! Fruit 'nd veggie salads ain't hard to whip up." Yuni began rambling, flitted about in the kitchen to gather pots and pans and common ingredients the dishes she listed off needed.

Kira was still out, though shifted a little with the ruckus Yuni was making.

Thieving Rogue

Saria's smirk widened as Fray asked what was up. "Oh, nothing." She responded simply. "Weddings are lovely. Just the thing I need to distract me."

As they entered in, Saria was surprised to find a good variety of patrons inside. The place had really come alive while she and Fray were outside getting the decorations ready. She immediately noticed a man sitting down on a chair, and another woman who seemed to be searching out for an authority figure of some type. Which, as it turns out, Saria was.

"Need help, dear?" The wood elf asked, watching as Fray walked off into the kitchen for more wedding prep.

The Dark Angel of Hell

Yorkshire Rose

Yorkshire Rose
Sheriff Grimes
lizardman ((mummyman3))

Mohan watched as the woman decided against the coffee and went off to find her room. He was about to offer to help with the suitcase when Gorthan clung to him, seemingly upset about something. He patted the dragonling on his head lightly, about to ask what was wrong when Fray beat him to it.

"Hey, how's everything looking out there?" He asked Frayda as she walked into the kitchen to discuss food. At the mention of food, Mohan realized he was hungry. Weren't they supposed to have some sort of rehearsal dinner or something? Was that a thing?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff