Welcome to Gaia! ::

At the sound of the blast, Mohan had morphed into a gnat. A tiny itty bitty gnat. Probably not the most useful form, but at least he managed to avoid being shot. He flew over to one of Saria's trees where he morphed into a squirrel, quickly climbing as far up in the tree as he could manage. He jumped from one tree to another, trying to find a good vantage point for himself.

Being unable to speak in squirrel form, he waited and listened to what was going on.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The bullets shattered the sound dampening hexagonal glass planes, and Kai leaned back to watch. Her voice was still just as quiet, though it would travel the distance to reach Stykes's ears.

"So, you are a gunslinger? I had seen the blade you carry." Was what he would hear first, while the trees sprouted from the floor in defense. A gloved hand reached up to stroke at her pale chin in thought, eyes catching how Yuni ducked out of the way, away from Saria and Mohan the squirrel. Rehearsed, practiced. Yuni knew the deal, but still playing the frantic, angry beyond all reason, role.

"For the power you desire, you would attack someone you consider friend. But you have to harden yourself to manage such a feat." Kai noted. "And when given easier options you fall back on the most demanding. You know who you are."

Yuni scurried across the bar room to get to the hallway, shouting curses.

"You can either continue, or you can stop. Who are you, Stykes?"

Thieving Rogue

With the barrier broken, Saria could hear the conversation crystal clear. She shot a bewildered look towards Stykes, a mix of 'what are you doing' and 'are you seriously going to choose her over your friends?' and a hint of 'don't you remember everything we've been through together I mean seriously what the hell are you doing please stop'.

Despite her frantic looks, she furrowed her brow in concentration, gripping her daggers tightly as her eyes stayed a solid green. She knew the Heartless like the back of her hand, so she had her next few attacks planned out. Hopefully she wouldn't have to use them.

She noted that Yuni ran out of the bar instead of fighting. She found this odd. Was Yuni the target? And why wasn't Yuni fighting back? It didn't really make any sense.

"Stykes, stop this." Saria pleaded through gripped fingers and a racing mind. "You're our friend."
Stykes calmly lowered his arm. Weapon following in suite until a light flick of the wrist caused the weapon to spin a three quarter circle and slip back into its holster. His hand trailed behind it hovering slightly until the holster produced a dead thud followed immediately by the sound of a 'click' afterwards as his hand ghosted past and came to a rest at his side. Despite the atmosphere in the room he was comparably as calm as Kai. His eyes were just as stoic hidden behind the amber hued strips, and then he simply hooked his thumnbs in his pockets and gave a nonschalant shrug. He tilted his head a bit to Kai and began to speak.
"Then I'll stop naturally"
Had he succeeded? He gave no heed to Saria. His mind had been made up.

Thieving Rogue

Saria frowned as Stykes completely ignored her. Well, hell hath no fury.

She made her her feet were in a good fighting position, waiting for the next move. He may be putting his weapon away but she knew better than to assume everything was over and done with.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni probably would have had a heart attack if she saw the genuine smile spread on Kai's pale face. First of amusement, then a smile akin to a mothers as they watch their children learn. Slowly, the too skinny woman slid from the booth seat and stood with her gloved hands in her pockets. A lighter hue of blue swirled in her eyes, though no magic had been cast.

"You have good control over yourself." Kai started, glancing at the still defensive Saria and the squirrel in the summoned trees. "I hope this helped you to see that you still have something worth your life. Death is fair, not unkind. Unless an ally of yours was a liability, I would not have you kill them."

"CAN I COME OUT NOW? LIKE. SERIOUSLY?" Yuni's voice shouted from down the hall, though had a ghosty echo which meant she was speaking from the safety of her vortex.

"Yes yes, Yunique. Come back." Kai sighed, nodding. And as the Nekojin rolled enough to be seen in the bar rooms entrance, the odd angels eyes were back on Stykes. "Are you still considering your request? I would understand if you withdrew."
Mohan blinked his squirrel eyes as he listened to what was going on. He decided that Saria could probably handle herself fight-wise, so he figured he'd go check and make sure Yuni wasn't hurt. He darted from tree to tree, jumping off and scampering towards the entrance to the bar, where Yuni had returned

He morphed back into his regular form. "Yuni? Are you hurt?"

[[edited]]

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni blinked owlishly up at the doctor before giving him a very big smile and a little wink. "I'm good. Bejesus scared outta me, but I'm fine."

The trees had done their job and taken the bullets for her, leaving her unharmed and perfectly intact. She stayed at her spot on the floor, tail sweeping the boards behind her as she glanced from Mohan to Saria, to Stykes to Kai. But then back to the scientist friend with another smile. "Watchin' ya shift shapes is kinda cool, by the way."
Mohan frowned slightly. Yuni didn't seem to be startled about the whole encounter. In fact, for just being shot at by a friend, she seemed rather calm.

"Uh, I don't think this is a good time to be discussing my morphing." He said, glancing back into the bar to make sure no new developments were happening. "Does this happen often? Your friends shooting at you?"
Stykes gave another shrug his gaze shifting towards Mohan, Saria, and Yuni. His eyes could be seen at an angle from Kais position. He blinked once before turning back to Kai. His eyes had a steely gaze hidden under his glasses. There wasn't a hint of thought in his voice.
"This is my wish, Deconstructor."
Though he still felt bad about taking shots at Yuni she didn't seem to hold any anger toward him. He was silently relieved. Surely the next time he was alone with Saria there would no doubt be a heated discussion.
"When do we start?"
His confidence in Kai had grown, and oddly so had his trust. For his own reasons things seemed to be progressing exactly how he had hoped.

(( sorry I'm out so I'm posting slow ))

Thieving Rogue

"Oh no. Nope. No. No no no no no." Saria interrupted, her trees withering much in the same way they appeared, bringing the Heartless back to a somewhat normal appearance.

"Stykes, Kai, get out." She said forcefully, a deep chill in her voice, and piercing anger in her eyes. She didn't feel like she needed to explain why she was kicking out these two particular patrons, it was extremely obvious.

She remained where she was, daggers in hands, but she tilted her head towards the door, incase they forgot where it was. "Get out now."

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Oh man, if Mohan thought how Yuni was acting now was weird, he should have been here the first night the teen arrived! Yuni giggled at that thought, rocking a little on her bum as she looked up at the doctor. Her ears were twitching, keeping up with everything easily.

"Eh, Kai's mostly the one shootin' me. But only when I tick 'er off. Which is a lot o' the time!" Yuni grinned madly, then rolled along the hallway towards the stairs. "Ooooo~ someone's in troubllllllleeeee~"

Kai shot her Charge a look, though it was wasted when the silly Neko was out of sight. So her dark eyes redirected to the very offended looking Saria and her daggers. The vague smile on her face faded some to where only a slight upward tilt of the corners remained. The too-skinny woman took an oddly respectful bow towards the elf woman, straightened, and slowly began to ghost on out towards the front door.

"After we take our lickings from causing such a scene." Kai's quiet voice said, traveling again. "You may as well call me by my name. Kai-Lynn Yoji."

Then nothing else was spoken from her until that front door was shut behind her.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
(( -gingerly puts away devices so she can sleep and rest enough for the big move in day tomorrow-

Niiiiigghhhhtt.... ))
Stykes, hands still hovering near his pockets with thumbs clinging on candidly, kept a fair distance from Kai as she made her way out. He hadn't expected Saria's reaction to be quite so rash, but he also hadn't expected to end up nearly blasting Yuni. It was an ironic situation for Stykes. Yuni seemed as though she had been expecting something like this to happen the entire time though. Had even the seemingly uninvolved nekojin known his, or even Kai's plans? Secretly he had been counting on Saria's reaction. As he made his way past the elven girl not even a glance in her direction was made. No doubt she was furious if the tone of her voice was any indication at all. A light 'click' followed each step he made until he was out of the establishment. As he made his way out of the building he lingered for just a moment longer than necessary in the front doorway. Maybe one day they could all look back on today, and remember just the fact that every piece of his furniture was currently hanging directly upside down from the ceiling in his room. Maybe one day they could all simply just laugh about that, and forget everything else about today. At least thats what he hoped. The door shut with a loud 'thud' as he made sure not to fall behind his new master. Ah and poor Mohan not even a hello was able to be given before this business tore Stykes away. Hopefully he would be more open to discussion later than Saria. Her hatred would be endured for now.

Thieving Rogue

Saria's grip on her weapons softened as Kai and Stykes simply left. That, she wasn't expecting. She expected some sort of fight. But she was relieved that they left. She sheathed her daggers and her eyes returned to their normal orange hue as she looked at the spots where her trees sprouted.

She managed to have roots grow between the cracks in the floorboards which then sprouted the trunks on top of the flooring, so nothing was terribly damaged. Her haste in reaction did cause a few minor splinters here and there, but nothing that couldn't be polished over.

Yuni's reaction to all of this did not escape her. She turned to the neko, eyes narrowing, not in anger but in confusion. "So what just happened?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff